Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016

• JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
27 Feb 2016 10:07 #1 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016 was created by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Yup…. The Famous (?) Fighter Practices have returned for the year 2016 !

Full address is 1735 Running Deer Drive, Auburn PA 17922

As the address is in a Gated Community (Lake Wynonah), we will be needing names of drivers coming so we can leave them at the gate. As it is a gated community, it means security not just police so we do need to know who is coming.

If you decide last minute, y'all are going to need to call and one of us will come get you. :)

Due to issues from the last event, If children (under 10) are brought to the event, a PARENT MUST PAY ATTENTION TO CHILD or be relatively aware of child location- last event three weapons were destroyed and each was tied to inappropriate use by a child.
Children over ten who are cognizant of the weapons and how to treat them proper are fine.

notes on foods and the like:

This is a Pot Luck Cookout... We would like all attendees to contribute something, be it drink, salads, side dishes or primary ones (meats like hotdogs, brats, burgers, chicken, et al). Grill being used is Charcoal but we will try to have the fire ring ready for use too.

Pork products are alright but please let folks know it is- there is at least one person with that for an allergy coming (and yes- she's hateful of it. She misses bacon...) and for all I know, there are others who have the same problem. So please ID the food item if it has pork in it.

If you are bringing a dish that requires an oven, let us know!! We will have space for prepping but the kitchen is not huge.

If you have a cooler to bring that can help hold the beverages, please bring. :)

Reminder- we do recycle and adult beverages are allowed. I am asking folks wait until the fighting portion is done for the day or if you are done fighting.
If you plan on drinking, plan on staying for a while- more on this below.

Under 21 will be identified.... Sorry guys but the laws in PA are fairly clear on who gets in trouble for it.

On the Fighting Practice and the Rules Training:

Please bring your weapons! You don't need to bring armor; this is all sparring and learning how to handle weapons you have and gain confidence in them... and learning how to use stuff you want to use some day for a future PC.

(ie: just because you can use a 1 hander does not mean you can you do a 2 hander. Or a polearm...)

We also stress on learning how skills work- the past few events we have run, extensive discussion on how certain rules worked happened and folks took understanding away with them. With the changes to the rules and errata's being put into the rules, there is going to be renewed work on making sure the changes are known and understood as best as possible. Everyone makes errors- including veteran players- when changes are not known.

Learning the changes and understanding how stuff works, is part of the reason for all this.

IF YOU ARE A NEW PLAYER, please come! While we are not marshals, we are experienced larp fighters as well as SCA/RL ones and can teach you the basics of LARP fighting so you have a solid basis going in. Each of the past events have had multiple marshals present and all of them have indicated they are available for questions at past practices so this event will likely be no different.

On overnighting:

This house has space for tents and we have a large amount of indoor space.

That said, we strongly recommend folks who are coming from afar make plans for staying over. We here are very hype on our friends avoiding drinking/driving and or driving home tired. All of us have had friends lost to both things... and you guys are our friends (or in Leslie's case, her KR kids.. )

Much prefer you crash out here rather than crashing on the road.

As before with all the previous events- we look forward to all who can make it and please let us know who is coming- either here, via PM or Facebook to me, Leslie or Forest and let us know what you intend on bringing.

The more we know who is coming and with what, the better we can plan for the number of attendees.
I usually cook breakfast for the overnighitng guests- omelets is the usual and if someone wants to contribute/help, it is appreciated.

Food Stores:
There are a few placed nearby enough to pick up items on the way here. The nearest three places are Giant Supermarket in the Cressonia Mall (at top of Rt 183- about 9 miles/20 minutes away), Walmart (14 miles/ 25 minutes) over by the Cabela’s and the Redner’s Market in Hamburg (28 minutes/ 16 miles) & Schulykill Haven (15 minutes/6 miles out back gate)

There is a Martins Farm Market right out the gate and north a little ways on 183. The market is open 7am to 5pm and has some tasty stuff (especially if you like odd jams and sauces). There is also a Dollar General a half mile-ish north of Martin’s.

As before, while there is a large possible number of attendees… it’s highly unlikely we will hit that number (if we do, I will be supersurprised!) and no one is expected to bring for that many. Please bring a dish that can be shared by 6-10 people or something to contribute to beverages or Grilled Foods. More is always welcome….

Beverage places:
For non-adult beverages, there is the Dollar General and the food stores mentioned above. For the Adult type stuff, there is the Beer Shak near Martin’s (excellent variety of beers to include alcoholic rootbeer) and Fieldwood Winery, a whole 10 minutes/3.7 miles away. Their prices are awesomely reasonable…

Rules stand.... if you are drinking, you are staying. :)

Smokers:
I know quite a few of us smoke (hell, I do!)…. And there is a few among us who do not. We will have butt-cans put in specific areas for those who smoke and out of respect for those who have trouble with smoke, we ask that y’all check with the group before you light up.

That said… there is absolutely NO Smoking in the house, period.

IC conversations:
IC conversations between players is fine. While FB is useful for such, in person stuff is better. Obviously no cards are available but if nothing else, we are a place to conduct that business deal… There will be places for private conversations to happen if needed- plenty of property and no one says you cannot go for a walk. Dogs always need walking…

Tent Space:
We have space available for tents and the neighbor across from us has offered some space as well.

We absolutely need to know who is coming no later than Thursday Evening for hassle-free entry into Lake Wynonah as the list goes to Security on Friday. Otherwise, you need to contact us via text message or phone for entry or security will need to call us so we can come get you.

PM me via Facebook or here for my number.

Reminders will be posted in the weeks to come. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
27 Feb 2016 10:28 #2 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
Planning to come and to drag Austin along

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
27 Feb 2016 11:38 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
As a friendly reminder, if there is a question on the rules at this, even if the whole group agrees, unless a Rules Marshal agrees it doesn't set the way the skill works normally.

Just want to avoid confusion that may or may not happen.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
27 Feb 2016 17:34 - 27 Feb 2016 17:35 #4 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016

Ser Renaith McKraegar wrote: As a friendly reminder, if there is a question on the rules at this, even if the whole group agrees, unless a Rules Marshal agrees it doesn't set the way the skill works normally.

Just want to avoid confusion that may or may not happen.

Already accounted for, Connor. And there is almost always been a rules marshal present. Or staff. :)

If there isn't, we have always encouraged folks to ask questions.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 27 Feb 2016 17:35 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
27 Feb 2016 18:21 #5 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
Just to clear the air for people, these are not official Knight Realms events, they are simply a bunch of people who get together outside of game to hang out and talk KR. Sometimes people do decide to do a bit of IC roleplay, but it is mostly practicing physical skill in combat, not actual tag skills.

I personally have attended at least four of them, and never once have I seen a conflict of any kind. People of all ages, as well as experience at KR show up. Some people show up for the food, other to talk about "What was it like back then?" Because rest assured, we have plenty of people that have been around the block a few times. Simply put, this is a gathering for friends to have a good time.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon (BigZ), JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
27 Feb 2016 19:04 #6 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
Sounds awesome. I'm hoping to make it up this year, but will let you know as soon as possible. My boyfriend is moving from Colorado around that time, so it'll be extremely tentative until we see what his moving condition is. That, and I'd also need to finish crafting up a usable weapon...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
  • Arkelian
  • Thank Yous: 37
29 Feb 2016 21:37 #7 by Arkelian (TheRevenantHero)
Replied by Arkelian (TheRevenantHero) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
I am definitely gonna try and make it out to this one and hopefully practice how to use a two handed weapon. I'm far too rusty and have never really used one much in a boffer combat environment.

"Always follow me family's motto. The MacTiernan family motto is: Stop it!"

Arkelian MacTiernan, red dragoon who occasionally gets incredibly rage filled.

OOG: Cameron H.
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
29 Feb 2016 22:11 #8 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
As usual, barring anything unforeseen, you should see me (and probably Nicholas?) there. I'll try to bring roommates, if I can.

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
01 Mar 2016 11:10 #9 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
Hoping to come, depends on my wallet and a couple social things. I'll keep you in the loop.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
  • Dimetri Yhatzi
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Si khohaimo may pachivalo sar o chachimo
  • Thank Yous: 127
06 Mar 2016 20:15 #10 by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart)
Replied by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
A tentative yes from me...will have to see about rides and whether or not I can.

Dimetri Yhatzi
Viceroy of Ostcliff
Druid of the Conclave.
Master Merchant and Locksmith, The Purple Thistle
Mashkar le gadjende leski shib si le Romeski zor

Damian VanHart - OOG
Marshal

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune--they're all just ways of claiming your success without claiming your failures."
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
06 Mar 2016 20:40 #11 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
I would like to come out to one of these... so if anyone has space in their vehicle and is willing to pick up from NYC, or a NJ PATH station or NJ Transit station, let me know.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
08 Mar 2016 23:28 #12 by Kardin (Ben)
Replied by Kardin (Ben) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
I would really like to come but I have no ride. If anyone can pick up from anywhere in the city. White Plains, Manhatten, anywhere at all really, please let me know. :-)

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
15 Mar 2016 10:58 #13 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
A little over three weeks to go!

A few reminders and updates:

Getting to the event- Route 78 to Exit 19 which is Route 183. Take 183 north for about 7 miles. Lake Wynonah accees road will be on your RIGHT. Go to Security and they will let you in once you've given your name and where you are going. GPS will get you to house (1735 Running Deer Drive, Auburn PA 17922)

Food and such- For those coming, please bring a foodstuff, either a salad, snacks, beverages or something for the grill. Anything that requires using a pot to cook or the oven, please please please contact us about it. Given that we are expecting so many folks this time, the kitchen is going to be overrun/overworked if we don't limit use. Sorry about that but our kitchen is not that big.

Seating- if you own a camp chair, please bring! We have some chairs and benches (I plan on looking into purchasing a few more) but we don't have *that* many.

Sleeping arrangements- There is LIMITED indoor space. Priority will be given to those who have a medical need (aka bipap/c-pap) but it is a first come/first get situation.

Da Fighting and Rules things... - AS the original intent, we will be emphasizing some good natured sparring, challenges (I already have one leveled at me :) ) and there will be teachers for all styles available. If you are a new player, this is a good time to make sure you are doing it right.... if you are an older player who needs practice, this is ALSO the place to work on things.
There will be marshals here to help answer questions and digital copies of the rules to consult.

Pictures- If you don't want face in photos please say so. If you are taking pictures, please ask those in the shots if they mind. :)

IC Scenes- RP is more than welcome and there is space to do it.

"Back in the Day" Story Time- There is a plan to actually have one planned thing; an evening gathering around our fire pit (or in the living room if too cold). Leslie indicated more of the old days need to be talked about, how Travance was when she started... and she hopes to have this happen, with maybe some of the other veteran players chiming in to tell of the Old Days. (she is sooo going to kill me)

More updates as the date gets closer...

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
20 Mar 2016 09:53 #14 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
We are at the Three Week Mark.

If those who are intending on coming would please message myself, Leslie, or Forest as to what you are planning on bringing as contribution to the Potluck (food/beverage/snacks) and who will be driving as part of a carpool, that would be awesome.

We already have a dozen confirmed attendees of both new and veteran players; please let us know if we need to add you to the list!

REMEMBER- THIS IS AN OPEN INVITE!!
One of the misconceptions of the past events was that one needed a specific invite... which is by no means true.
The only cost of coming is bringing some sort of contribution to the potluck and yourselves. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
21 Mar 2016 21:27 #15 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
I'm still definitely offering a ride to anyone who needs one in my area! I'm in Mount Olive, northern NJ, which is very close to the Netcong Train station and somewhat close to the Dover Train station. I'd hate to have to take the ride up there alone, some company is definitely preferred. I plan on staying overnight. The only issue that's posed is that my car radio doesn't work, which probably isn't an issue to most considering my taste in music. But seriously, this is my first time coming to one of these events (I'm still very new to the game in general) and I'd love to have someone to go with! PM me if you'd like to ask for a ride.

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
28 Mar 2016 11:04 #16 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Two Weeks Out Update!!

We have passed the 30 mark on Confirmed attendees and I can sincerely state it is an ecletic mix of folks coming. Let us know you are coming so getting through the gate will be easy.

DIRECTIONS

Cannot state this enough but I will again anyway. If your GPS does not take you to Route 183 North (Exit 19 off of Route 78), its wrong. Once inside the community, it will work properly but in getting here, Apple Maps sends you in the wrong way....

Carpool is a good thing to do if you can- while we have plenty of space for it (thanks to our neighbor!) it is still suggested that if folks can come together it will help with this.

Will definitely need names of drivers for the gate. :cool:

FOOD AND OTHER STUFF

We have Chili, we have Eggs (for the overnighting people), we have Buffalo Chicken Dip, we have pies, beverages and salad (mac and/or potato).

Please let us know what you are bringing so we can add to the list and plan for holes. If you are waiting to get here to decide then to go get, its cool... but please tell us this.

OVERNIGHTING

Indoor arrangements are prioritized for those who need electricity for bi-pap/cpap or for medical reasons.
Tent space is still plentiful and we will have our tents up if needed but please bring own if possible.

If you wish to come earlier (like on Friday) and help clean/set up, that's awesome and welcome. All we can give you is our thanks.

As other stuff crops up, it will be posted here.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Rane
  • Predator of the woods
  • Thank Yous: 9
01 Apr 2016 14:40 #17 by Rane (Sammyelf)
Replied by Rane (Sammyelf) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
There still any room for one more?
:cheer:
I'm still up in the air about whether or not I'm bringing a couple more people with me but I'm personally going.
I will PM you on Facebook little bit later~

IG - Rane Nightflute
OOG - Samantha Stassen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
01 Apr 2016 15:37 #18 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
Me Kat N Vicky are gonna make a mean pot o' black bean chili. :D Cannot wait!!!

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
01 Apr 2016 19:55 #19 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
Black bean chili vs Italian chili? You're on.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
02 Apr 2016 16:03 #20 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
Por que no los dos?!

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rane (Sammyelf), JTinney (Swordsaint)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
02 Apr 2016 18:08 #21 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
ONE WEEK!!!

For Those coming to the Event, please let us know you are coming if possible to simplify entry....

And please let us know what you are bringing!! We have burgers and dogs, someone is bringing chicken and we have some side salads (potato and macaroni). Right now a hole is buns for both but that can be dealt with day of. :)

For those wondering if there is space available (a strange question as there is no cap except for indoor sleep space), of course there is. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
04 Apr 2016 08:54 #22 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
COMING!!! With Damian and Reece, but only for the daytime.

It seems like there is a good lack of salty snacks, so I'll bring a bunch of chips :)

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
04 Apr 2016 10:14 #23 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
CONCERNING THE FORECASTED WEATHER

Mother Nature is officially drunk.
At this time, five days out, the weather is predicted to be about 40 degrees as a high and mostly cloudy then pretty cold at night…. Whereas the forecast was better a week ago

All that said, provisions are being made to get maximum floor space available for those who cannot camp in the cold. There will be a space heater or two for the garage where folks with polypad/sleeping pads for under sleeping bags can go if it’s too cold to tent. If anyone has a space heater they might wish to loan for this event, it is more than appreciated!
We are not cancelling- too many folks have put in vacation time for this event to do so… so we are doing our best to have places other than tents to sleep in.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me, Leslie or Forest- we will answer them as best we can.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Rane (Sammyelf)
07 Apr 2016 11:02 #24 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Fighter Pratice/Potluck Cook Out- APRIL 9, 2016
Update says record breaking cold temps and possible snow showers. Dress for the weather folks. We have made as much floor space as possible in the house and garage. Cooking fires may become ourside gather around the fire for warmth too. See you all soon.

Leslie

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Rane (Sammyelf)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
11 Apr 2016 23:15 #25 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
To all who braved the crazy weather and such... Thank you!

THe first Fighter Practice/Potluck of 2016 is now in the books and it is considered a solid success by myself.

After a dozen RSVP cancels, we still had 33 folks come and attend, tying for the most attendance at one of these (a total of seven, if one is curious).

Plenty of food, a decent amount of sparring practice both in the snow & during the lull AND a decent amount of rule discussion in small groups.

To my knowledge, there was plenty of small IC conversations which a great thing... and I've already gotten requests for when the next one is to be.

TENTATIVELY, the next one will be in June- I am shooting for June 18th which puts it a week before the main June event.

Once the date is settled, I will be posting about five weeks before it.

Again- thank you to everyone who came out to this event and I hope you come again!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.725 seconds