Throwing weapons -Question- Shuriken-ish???

• Emelia Heist
  • to heal or be healed that is the question
  • Thank Yous: 29
20 Feb 2017 16:28 #1 by Emelia Heist (Starsies)
Throwing weapons -Question- Shuriken-ish??? was created by Emelia Heist (Starsies)
Hello~ Its me... I've been wondering if after all these posts you'd like to read.. to go over... everything... HELLO FROM THIS RANDOM POSTTT

Okay- Lets get real! I'm Finny! I'm making some throwing weapons for my dryad. She's legit going to throw star shaped ivy leafs. How cute, Right? Problem is.. there are two ways I can think about going about this.

1. Using the thin foam i have in layers (staking) and then duct-taping them together.

2. sewing two of the thin foam layers together and stuffing it with my poly-fil. Then apply duct tape.

Problem with step 1.. It may be dense. and I really wish not to hurt hurt anyone.
Problem with step 2. Too light? It may not be able to go as dynamically far...

I guess its all trial and error. but if you've made these type of throwing weapons before PLEASE, HELPPPP!!! I have lots of foam sheets.. and poly-fil. I intend on making quite alot of these for my precious bean!~

Finny Johns.
~Real life dryad who is allergic to grass. ~
20 Feb 2017 16:36 #2 by Beinion (Beardy McFeatherbow) Thallor (Kevin G.)
Replied by Beinion (Beardy McFeatherbow) Thallor (Kevin G.) on topic Throwing weapons -Question- Shuriken-ish???
I'm sorry but all I could think of was "Finny used Razor Leaf". Also I cannot comment on the safety of such weapons because I am not a marshal. I can however recommend making one of each and bringing them to the next event to have them approved by the proper marshal.

Ser Beinion Thallor

The Fangs of Kaladonia

Steward of Niedrillion
[hr]
Alt- Leondavez Shacklebolt
[hr]
OOG: Kevin G
Senior Kitchen Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
20 Feb 2017 16:39 #3 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Throwing weapons -Question- Shuriken-ish???
This sounds like fun, I will see if I can come up with something safe later today, and see about posting directions on how to make it. If I can't than oh well.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
20 Feb 2017 16:54 #4 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Throwing weapons -Question- Shuriken-ish???
I reccomend the blue camp pad foam from wal mart covered in duct tape. You can get about a 10-20 yard range with them if cut properly. Remember that thrown weapons cannot have a core, nor can they be weighted. If you want, make a couple, and bring them to the March event and I'll take a look at then.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.499 seconds