Economy Discussion

10 Dec 2017 19:21 #31 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Economy Discussion
Thanks Cassie. I didn't realize that.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
14 Dec 2017 19:00 - 14 Dec 2017 19:02 #32 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic Economy Discussion
1- Blackbird has since reduced their prices and instituted happy hour to entice people to spend their gold. We also operate on the barter system, if you are thirsty and don't have physical coin. Wili likes weird stuff.

2- I have a bunch of gold in the bank, and like someone said earlier, the only thing I spend my gold on is cool stuff at the Winterdark ball. I have no reason outside of that to spend my gold, because Wili is outfitted to her hearts content. On that note, I would cough up SO MUCH MORE gold if the cool stuff was permanent and didn't expire after a year, when I only got to use it maaaaybe once or twice.

3- Maybe another incentive to take gold out of the game is to make uniques an option? Like if you spend enough cash or earn enough service points, you get a permanent cool thing. Maybe if you turn in enough golds you could get a permanent cool thing? Just a thought.

4- On the topic of fence things being available to other people- It already is, if you know a rogue. Rogues have tons of illegal stuff you can buy from them, if you just ask/ prove you're not going to turn them in for having it.

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
Last edit: 14 Dec 2017 19:02 by Wili ().
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
14 Dec 2017 20:06 #33 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Economy Discussion
One thing I was thinking about was there being a way to refresh the expiration date of runes with gold. 6 month rune about to expire? Spend 50 gold, its got another 6 months. The way to do it now is to just have a ceremonialist or artificer redo the rune, which can cost money of course, but often its just for mats if you are friends with your supplier. Seems like it would streamline the system if there was a bank hosted setup to redo the runes. It would also free up the crafters to do more important crap than constantly redoing runes.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caelvan (Caelvan), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Wili ()
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
16 Dec 2017 17:44 #34 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Economy Discussion
Too cheap, Dave. Make it 500 and maybe.

As to making the Banquet items permanent, that was the thrust behind a major rewrite of the sorcery rules in which permanency was removed (Purple Sorcery). This included some items I had obtained for over 50,000 SP when that was a HUGE amount.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
16 Dec 2017 19:26 #35 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Economy Discussion
500 bloody gold?! I've never had over 1000 at any time, nor have I been able to get back to having around 700 and I've been at that for a good few events right now. lol.

Also 500 gold on hand just sounds like a fortune to carry, I don't think I've had over 50 at any time.

idk that's my experience with the current system, and my reaction to the idea that 500 gold could add 6 months to a rune... I'd just get another rune at that point. its cheaper.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
18 Dec 2017 09:15 #36 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Economy Discussion
500 makes it exclusionary. All of a sudden, whatever boon would have been preserved is only saved for the few people who can actually afford that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
18 Dec 2017 11:02 #37 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Economy Discussion
With cost of materials, assuming you only use Astral Essences, you still don't reach the 100g mark.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
18 Dec 2017 14:37 #38 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Economy Discussion

Matt D wrote: With cost of materials, assuming you only use Astral Essences, you still don't reach the 100g mark.

Indeed....

But the problem remains in that there is hundreds, if not thousands, of coin out there that ISN'T in circulation because of hoarding/forgotten possession/missing loot bags or boxes....

Going out and buying more coin every year isn't really a solution.... more of a stopgap.

Same with gems.... there are some folks out htere with a crapton of gems of various type who have not handed them in. Dragoon are supposed to sacrifice theirs (I know many who do!) and I've used some to pay for things because it was the only "money" I had (see lack of logistics coin).

Get a handle on the still-out-there coin and gems, some of the lack of fundage can be mitigated.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Jan 2018 15:07 #39 by geezer (geezer)
I know for a fact that there is at least 10,000 gold in trade bars being hoarded by individuals who will remain nameless (its a FOIG matter). For permanent item, it should be expensive and rare.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

20 Jan 2018 22:00 #40 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Economy Discussion
The issue is not trade bars. No one is inconvenienced by that but the people who invented and use them. (Cough Edwin Cough) The issue is hoarding physical coin.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Jan 2018 12:36 - 24 Jan 2018 19:01 #41 by geezer (geezer)
The hoarding of trade bars inconvenience others besides me, but if the point is not to inconvenience any by hoarding IG wealth, then by all means let us not inconvenience anyone. If it is acceptable to inconvenience some (cough cough, Edwin), I see no reason why it should not be allowed to similarly inconvenience others

Merely my 2 silver worth.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

Last edit: 24 Jan 2018 19:01 by geezer (geezer).
22 Mar 2018 13:54 #42 by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Replied by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen) on topic Economy Discussion
As a dragoon, I know I will one day need to turn in amethyst gems. I have actually gone to logistics and turned in the one amethyst gem I had and it was noted on my character card since I did not need the phys rep. Can we allow dragoons and smiths (and any others who require a "horde") to keep a running total on their cards of how many gems they have, so they can release the phys reps back into circulation at least? Is there a way to add a special comments section under banking or in the comments?

Main: Ravyn Aeronwen, Constable of Albriar, Vassal of Albriar, Knight Commander of the Order of the Sagewardens, Commander of the Sagewood Guard, and Professor of Bardics at Darkwood Academy
Alt: Vespertine Crimson, Owner of the Crimson Tide and Entertainer for the Blackbird

OOG: Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds