Spellbook help

07 Jul 2019 19:19 #1 by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling)
Spellbook help was created by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling)
Hello friends!

So I am working on making my own spellbook prop for the next game. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to make suggestions on writing up spell incantations.

I know they should be about 3 or 4 seconds of incanting (giving 1-2 seconds for focusing) I was thinking about evoking the elements in the incantation, such as the element of Fire to fuel a healing spell. However I want to make certain this would mesh well with the KR culture.

Graciously and with Respect,
~Vasryn Bira Skuggare

(OOG: Jan Keichline)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
08 Jul 2019 01:28 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Spellbook help
If you would like suggestions based on the old verbals that the game used to use here they are:

For all of the old spheres/domains of magic the verbals that should get you the time you need, if said at a standard/slow speaking tempo are:
I weave the ultimate, unyielding arcane power of "Sphere Name" to cast "Spell Name"

For all druidic domains/spheres:
By the immense power of natures most sacred wish I cast "Spell Name"

Priests had their own unique words of power based off of the God they called upon.

Hope this helps!!

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
08 Jul 2019 12:43 #3 by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling)
Replied by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling) on topic Spellbook help
Oh it does! Very much! I may embellish a little for my spellbook, but it is good to know the common spell verbal commands so I do not feel I am going far left field with my project.

~Vasryn Bira Skuggare

• Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
08 Jul 2019 17:04 #4 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Spellbook help
I personally would avoid using elements in regards to non-shaman spells, flavor wise, since elemental magic is shaman list, but if you feel it would ft your RP, have fun with it

Some flavor ideas for unique verbals- Druid is earthy and naturey, cycle of life and death. Hexer is darker, diseases and curses and necromancy and such. Mage is hard to theme but they’re more traditional dnd wizard/sorcerer type spells. Priest is calling upon the power of your gods. Bard can be either traditional performative bard or it can be tied to fate, since that’s what they draw from. Healer is positive energy and the manipulation of spirit energy, life energy. Psion is mental energy, but also ancient astral power.

Feel free to come up with your own unique verbals, you don’t have to tie it to the old ones if you don’t want to use them or you like something better. That’s the fun thing with concentration casting, you can make it your own!

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
08 Jul 2019 17:14 #5 by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling)
This has all been incredibly helpful. Thank you both for your help. I am rather excited to start using my own spells in due time. Though I am hoping to witness others using their magic first. KR is such a wonderful game. I feel like I have been missing out for so many years.

~Vasryn Bira Skuggare

20 Jul 2019 07:31 #6 by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling)
Thank you for the suggestion . I am comfortable with my writing , I was just looking to understand the theme of magic in KR for the purpose of writing my spells. The information about element invoking being more druidic or shaman was very helpful since my PC is neither.

Still, I really appreciate your suggestion and the link.

~Vasryn Bira Skuggare

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
20 Jul 2019 10:32 #7 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Spellbook help
That was a spambot, but your response was so tactful and polite. I love it!

20 Jul 2019 11:51 #8 by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling)
I had no idea. LOL I guess I should have known since it was directing me to a pay site.

Thank you though. I do try to be more tactful than my PC. LOL

~Vasryn Bira Skuggare

19 Sep 2019 17:33 #9 by Vasryn Bira Skuggare (Lchangeling)
Hello again folks!

I wanted to say again how helpful the previous posts have been for working on my spellbook. Now I am looking for some feedback on something I have written up to be used in my spellbook.

I want to write a IG description of the Resurrection skill in my book. Sort of what you might find in a How to/Explanation section of a magic book. This is the entry I have drafted:

‘Once the process of Resurrection begins, direct the spirit to focus its thoughts upon recalling the merits and flaws of the flesh. The feel of warmth and cold. The weight of a held object. The taste and scent of pleasant and unpleasant qualities. As the spirit visualizes these things the metaphysical essence remembers what it means to exist. The transition from the energies of the metaphysical to corporeal form draws upon the Weave to reconstitute the reciprocal of the spirit. Wounds sustained in life, scars, appear because the spirit draws upon memories of its life to guide the reconstruction of their body.’

I intend to add in a incantation to start the whole process, but that will come after I finish this section first. I would love any feedback or guidance from those who have performed Resurrections in the past. Oh! Final note, this is for a Healers spellbook.

~Vasryn Bira Skuggare

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.540 seconds