Rides for Summer Events to/from NJ or LI

• Xemmy
  • Thank Yous: 0
08 Mar 2010 18:46 #1 by Xemmy (Xemmy)
Rides for Summer Events to/from NJ or LI was created by Xemmy (Xemmy)
I'm a newer player and I've never been to this PA camp and, after scratching my head while searching the internet for a while, I've pretty much determined there is no way possible for me to make it to the PA camp via public transportation.

I am asking for a ride to and from each summer event if possible.  I am crazy enough for KR that I would to travel to a NJ or LI train stop, and be be dropped there on the way back, to make it easy for the willing party.  I would pay for the ride in the realm of what it would cost me to take public transportation there.

I would be leaving south Manhattan around noon on the Friday of an event.  This normally gets me to Dover by 2:30pm and the NJ camp by 3pm, to help with time estimates.  I have myself, a normal sized rolling luggage piece, and probably a sword and medium shield that I wouldn't mind holding during the trip.

I know I already have a ride thread but the circumstance went from being comfortable to simply being there.  :(

Thanks!

OOG: Mike
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
09 Mar 2010 00:24 #2 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Rides for Summer Events to/from NJ or LI
Hey Mike! I'd be willing to offer some of the summer events if space permits. I'm yonder in Bayonne, so it wouldn't be that far of a trek.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Xemmy
09 Mar 2010 19:11 #3 by Xemmy (Xemmy)
Replied by Xemmy (Xemmy) on topic Rides for Summer Events to/from NJ or LI
Thanks Tom!  I have to figure out some way to get to Bayonne - unfortunately I don't drive at all.

10 Mar 2010 01:27 - 10 Mar 2010 01:31 #4 by Father Lighthammer (Father Lighthammer)
Replied by Father Lighthammer (Father Lighthammer) on topic Rides for Summer Events to/from NJ or LI
Where In NJ does your Public Transport take you? 

I live in Atco and we have a NJ transit Station here but I don't know if your train goes past there.

But Ive been driving by myself to the past 2 sparta events and with this new trip its further away and if I have to go alone I might go insane haha.

*This Offer Extends to anyone who can fit in my truck*

OOG: Walter Cahill (The Second Wally)

IG: Father Amalric Lighthammer, Priest of Galladell
Last edit: 10 Mar 2010 01:31 by .
  • Xemmy
10 Mar 2010 07:24 #5 by Xemmy (Xemmy)
Thanks Walter!  I could get to Atco but it would require three transfers and take about 4 hours to get there.  The furthest the train line goes direct from Penn Station in that direction is Trenton, and with one transfer to Camden (Walter Rand Transportation Center).  Depending on when you'd like to head out and which direction you are generally going to get to the camp it may be easier for me to get off at one of those stops.

• Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
10 Mar 2010 08:29 #6 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Rides for Summer Events to/from NJ or LI
Hey Mike,

I think Bus would get you over to Bayonne. There is the other way of going by going on a ferry to Jersey City at Liberty State Park, then take the Lightrail into Bayonne to 34th Street.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Xemmy
21 Mar 2010 10:45 #7 by Xemmy (Xemmy)
Nevermind - I won't be attending future events.  Thanks again for the offers Tom and Walter!

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.520 seconds