Dates for Winter

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
08 Oct 2009 19:54 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Dates for Winter was created by Gallion (Gallion)
I want to apologize about what seems to be a void for dates. I promise you all that void will be filled shortly. I have dates at Sac on reserve already but I have not announced them because I am trying to get a different camp that will sleep more people in heated buildings. I should know not by this weekend, but the weekend after.

When all is said and done, we will have the same number of events that we normally do each year.

I also apologize if you asked any of my staff members and they did not have an answer for you. In the craziness of the last month I have done a poor job of communicating to them what was going on about all this. It was especially unfair to them and I apologize.

Keep your fingers crossed about the new Camp.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
18 Oct 2009 11:39 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Dates for Winter
Just trying to keep everyone updated seeing as it is the weekend after.

I have seen the possible new Winter Camp. There are some really cool things about it, and it could possibly work, but there would be a major hurdle or two to overcome. Ultimately though, we are still waiting back on confirmation of a Dec Date. And even then, we will likely only get December so we can test the waters and see if it will work. If we are allowed to try it and like it, we can try to see if we can get Feb, or March replaced.

While it will be our priority to keep looking at more replacement camps, it is possible that we will suffer through Jan, Feb and March at Sac. While it is not the preferred choice, I also don't feel it is the end of the world, and will be working to find ways to sleep more people there. It is also possible that one or more of those weekends will be replaced later on, but only if I can give you what I feel is adequate advanced notice, if the date is different.

I hope very much, that on Mon, I hear an update from her about the new camp for the Dec event. Regardless of what I hear, I will be posting some event schedule stuff this week.

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
22 Oct 2009 10:29 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
I know it is getting close to the end of the week. Yesterday there was allot of stuff moving around on this topic. As there will be today and tomorrow. What is likely to happen is before the weekend I will post Jan, Feb, March events, and possibly an event in Nov. ... The thing we will be waiting on is Dec. Dec will be the date we will be trying out a new camp (Hopefully).

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
22 Oct 2009 15:16 #4 by Gallion (Gallion)
Winter Event Dates
It was originally my hope to get us a new Winter Camp, due to our increased player base.  Doug has helped allot in the past, and more recently, Jen W. has been working really, really hard to help us achieve this goal. Unfortunately though, the prospects that we have been trying at, are beginning to turn out to be not as great as we thought. The possibility is still there, but it is closing to fast in on Dec., so if we do try one of them, if will be after the new year has begun.  

We will be scheduled for Sac this Winter. During this time we will continue to look for new camps, and may even replace existing dates, if we have sufficient advanced notice to give you.

Because we are at Sac, I will be spending many full weekdays at the camp between now and the Ball, devising any improvements I can think of reasonably doing for it, including working with the ranger to devise ways to sleep more people in heated areas.

The Winter Event Dates are:
November 20th – 22nd (Sac) ((This is the weekend after the Ball))
December 18th – 20th (Sac)
January 8th – 10th (Sac)
February 5th – 7th (Sac)
March 5th – 7th (Sac)

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds