Weapon & Armor cards - New and Existing players

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
12 Apr 2010 19:09 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Weapon & Armor cards - New and Existing players was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Over the past year or so, there has been a trend of people coming to find me pre-event to get item cards for weapons and armor, when I am not in a position to be able to give them.  Usually, someone tells them "Go find Gideon, he'll give you what you need" and leaves it at that.

I need to politely ask that people not do this.

The job of handing out item cards to new players is done at New Player Training, or failing that, at Logistics.  I like to help, but it's becoming a problem when there is a line of new players forming outside my cabin while I am trying to get ready for the event in time, and the resources that are set up for people to get cards aren't being used.  Twice now, I have had people walk in on me while I was literally putting my pants on, asking if I could handle item cards for them.

All Rules Marshals and Monster Marshals are qualified to write out cards.  Marshals will be staffing Logistics and at New Player Training to help new players with them.  And as much as I like to help, I'm getting overwhelmed when people are sending new players to me, instead of to the proper channels.  It's to the point that I am turning new players away, and I am still unpacking and trying to get into gear when Lay-On is called, and I miss opening ceremonies.

If you see me at New Player Training with my box o' cards, I'm probably there to help out, and that's OK.  It's when I am not in a position to help and people are still being sent to me that this becomes an issue.

Along the same lines, please do not leave your armor and weapons in a pile at the Armory before the game begins.  You should Role-Play bringing it to the Armory and talking to a Smith In-Game, and not assume that by just leaving it there OOG, it will be prepared for you IG.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds