Clarification on the Good/Evil Issue

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
06 Dec 2013 13:33 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Clarification on the Good/Evil Issue was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Clarification on the Good/Evil Issue

Since the event I have heard a great deal of rumors related to the good/evil issue. Some of the things that I have heard have been in-game, some out of game, some true, some false.

With the near destruction of the world, I am taking this opportunity to present an in-game exercise in character alignment morality. The intention is to spark a situation where PCs are forced to have the conversation about good and evil, and consider their position and both sides of the argument, even if their position is to be adamantly against it, or support it whole heartedly.

This is not an open invitation to PVP, on either side of the fence. There is no conclusion that I am planning to force for the future of the game. This is not labeled as a permanent change and never was, and so out yourselves at your own long-term peril.

The lifting of a specific law of the Kingdom, is clearly labeled a “Temporary” action made by the kingdom, the reasoning explained in the previous prologue. It makes sense, and allows for a period of time where the discussion can be used to enhance RP and make people think about a deep in-game topic. Statements related to the planes and the forces of good and evil are being made as well, but these statements are in-game and not necessarily verifiable. You do not necessarily need to believe that they are true or false, and you may draw your own conclusions from what you read and hear. We are creating an in-game environment of uncertainty, so that your character, be they a merchant or a paladin, may come to their own conclusions, and either stand by their own convictions or allow them to be developed further in one direction or the other.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus (hippy g0th), geezer (geezer), Jack (Keeperofdice), Gwynedd (Gwynedd), Dorn (Aradiel), Chris D (Brogan), shalok (shalok), Rudolf (Rudolf), Josephine (mferro54), Belegchand (mcalo), JTinney (Swordsaint), Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Narcis (ChrisR), Bat Cooper (Cassius23), Croínamara (Jen), Annora (Karen), Gilthu (Gilthu), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), GinGinny GinRum (Pyai), Fortier (Greysect), Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds