Suliman’s Selections. A reveiw of The Bloody Stump

12 Jun 2011 19:43 #1 by Matthias Thane (Kspigel)
Suliman’s Selections. A reveiw of The Bloody Stump was created by Matthias Thane (Kspigel)
(OOC: just becasue i know it's been mentioned recently, I've been informed that this board while located within the in, is not considered Inn property and is a community board, and as such this post is appropriately placed)

There has been much discussion of the bloody stump. I spent a week last moon living off their food, speaking with the chefs, and learning the ins and outs of the new establishment.

First of all the prices are incredibly fair. Depending on seasonal values, a decent meal ranges from a few silver to a handful of gold. The expensive dishes are worth saving up for, and inexpensive items will fill your stomach without emptying your wallet.

Here are a few of my favorite items.

The Montgomery:
So much meat bacon and cheese that you will forget it cost you five gold. Cooked to order, and just the thing to hit the spot after traveling all over Travance late at night.

The rat sausages:
Though the quality of the rat in question varies, these versatile sausages come served in a bun, and for a little extra come wrapped in bacon. The best part is that your basic rat costs only a couple silver

The pancakes:
If you’re lucky and happen upon the pancakes for breakfast or a late dinner while there is still fruit to be had, some of the chefs will cook them up in the pan with a nice jam base. The jam heats up first and creates a hot caramelized coating on the pancakes. It’s better than butter.

Ming’s assorted teas:
There are simply too many drinks at The Bloody Stump to choose from; some alchemically infused, and some merely refreshing. I do not know how the Kitaneese track and capture their ice elemental infusions, but I am grateful that they have brought this practice to Travance. Ming himself prepares a fruit infused tea each moon. I’ve so far sampled his peach and his strawberry teas, and both have been well worth the extravagance.

Seasonal Decadence:
Fruits, teas, and meats aside, last moon The Bloody Stump had several assorted and strange meats, including imported baby kraken. I was unable to get any myself because The Stump ran out so quickly. Were that not testament enough to the quality, the baby kraken was expertly prepared, and served devoid of accoutrement. Despite my upbringing, the mere fact that such a decadent meal at such a reasonable price was imported from all the way across the rift easily made up for any inconvenience.

With so many items on the menu, and the budding opportunities in Travance, The Dragon Claw Inn, despite the amazing feasts, will soon have to make changes both in their fare and their prices to compete.

Your temporary food critic,
Ali Vert Ben Suliman,

OOG: Kalman Spigel
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds