The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction

06 Apr 2015 23:24 - 07 Apr 2015 01:10 #1 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction was created by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Come one, come all! In celebration of Saint Astrid's Day, Kaladonia hereby presents the Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction!

That's right, your favorite eligible bachelor could be available for you to spend the holiday with. If you have the winning bid, of course.

The auction will take place at twelve bells Saturday afternoon, during Market Faire. Proceeds from the auction will be split between land improvements and a charity or land of the gentlemens' (or not so gentle mens') choosing.

Your bachelors for bidding include:
Grimkjell Eirson
Beligor Eirson
Heirophant Typhon Scyldinga
Sir Jack Cypher
Rudy Stonebar
Felixx Stonebar
Father Elric Ashby
Sir Anhil Shadasar
Sindarion Sinclair
Nalick Underhill
Karkat Vantas
Sir Knight Captain Magnus Von Ritter
Dominic Strong
Donald MacFhionnlaigh

The winning bid for Grimkjell Eirson and the highest winning bid on a bachelor overall will also come with a meal - lunch or dinner - for 2 prepared by everyone's favorite Cookie Tree, Aella!

If you want to be auctioned for fun and to benefit a wonderful cause, feel free to let me know either below or via missive.

We look forward to seeing you there!
The St. Astrid's Day Auction Committee

[ADDED LATER]
Ladies and gentlemen,

The St. Astrid's Day Auction Committee thanks you for your interest in our event! Very happily we can report that we have filled our ranks of bachelors for you to bid on! Applications to be bid on at the auction are now closed.

If you have signed up, please submit one or two sentences about yourself to our Mistress of Ceremonies, Croínamara Ull Uidhir, by Thursday evening at the latest.
The St. Astrid's Day Auction Committee

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
Last edit: 07 Apr 2015 01:10 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
06 Apr 2015 23:26 - 06 Apr 2015 23:27 #2 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
I have one question - shall my vest be on or off?

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
Last edit: 06 Apr 2015 23:27 by Sindarion (Steven SA).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
06 Apr 2015 23:27 #3 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
I think that will be a question for the ladies in question.

As for myself...

Who decided this on my behalf? I'll assume if this is being posted in public it is already too late.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
06 Apr 2015 23:30 #4 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
Sindarion: Whichever you'd prefer. Or rather, whichever you think would get the bidders more interested. I've added you to the list!

Grim: Your name was already attached to the project when I became involved, so I can only assume that if you're just finding out about it now then you need to try and find out who would POSSIBLY have an interest in volunteering you. I wonder... And yes. I'm afraid it's too late.

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
06 Apr 2015 23:31 #5 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
Sindarion,

So sorry. I forgot you had volunteered already. He should be in the list.

Brother,

Why our sister suggested we help you, and Wife and I put you on the list.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
06 Apr 2015 23:32 #6 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
Oh dear. Big bear did it. Well, there's no helping or saving me then.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
06 Apr 2015 23:40 - 06 Apr 2015 23:51 #7 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
Not to worry, Grimkjell. We shall suffer together and it shall be [strike]glorious[/strike]. [strike]hilarious[/strike] glorious.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
Last edit: 06 Apr 2015 23:51 by Sindarion (Steven SA).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
07 Apr 2015 00:01 #8 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
This list is awful,
I nominate Magnus.

K. Vantas

_______

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Croínamara (Jen)
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
07 Apr 2015 00:02 - 07 Apr 2015 00:04 #9 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
Karkats' awful... And needs a hug, I nominate him

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
Last edit: 07 Apr 2015 00:04 by Magnus (hippy g0th).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
07 Apr 2015 00:06 #10 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
Thalia,

I hereby throw my name in the proverbial hat. Surely you find this hardly surprising, but it is for a good cause, is it not?

-- Nalick

The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
07 Apr 2015 00:07 #11 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
I SECOND BOTH KARKAT AND MAGNUS.
ADD THEM BOTH TO THE LIST.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
07 Apr 2015 00:21 #12 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
I also agree with the nominations of Karkat and Magnus.

I will also like to volunteer to be bid upon.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
07 Apr 2015 00:48 #13 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
there is not enough lads in kilts in this auction. I will throw me Glengarry in the proverbial ring.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
Baronial Guardsman
Quartermaster, Blood Spirits
Sept MacFhionnlaigh, Clan Farquharson

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
07 Apr 2015 01:04 #14 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
Croi, Karkat, Dominic and Sir Magnus: Now, we weren't really doing this by nomination, but... we do have two seconds to this so the committee has decided to allow it! Congratulations Karkat and Sir Magnus!

Dominic, you and Nalick have been added as has Donald.

Good luck, gentlemen!

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin

• Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
07 Apr 2015 01:08 - 07 Apr 2015 01:08 #15 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction

[hr]

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 07 Apr 2015 01:08 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
07 Apr 2015 07:36 #16 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
Miss Burdorn,

Perhaps it's simply that I'm new to this region and unfamiliar with some of the strange customs here but are not all of the listed free men who may still spend the holiday as they choose regardless of offered coin? Am I wrong, or does this auction violate the very values I often hear espoused by residents of Travance? If these men are indeed being auctioned for hard labor for the holiday I find it shocking to see the names of so many soft-handed high nobility and public servants listed. I fail to see why any would volunteer.

-Ketryn

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
07 Apr 2015 08:05 #17 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
And if it's not hard labor we're discussing- well, I'm still shocked. I thought these sorts of arrangements simply weren't discussed openly.

-Ketryn

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
07 Apr 2015 08:12 #18 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
Making bids to be with men for the love holiday? That sounds pathetic. Where I am from, love happens naturally...And everywhere, it's disgusting. This Astrid's day better not turn into one of those 'love' parties which I have walked in on one too many times...

Also, for those of you who will be lonely this holiday, be sure to drink all of your problems away at the Black Bird Tavern. You can tell me all of your sad stories if you like...Just don't expect me to listen.

J. Noire

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
07 Apr 2015 09:12 #19 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
This is wonderful and awful at the same time!

Karkat on a date? HAHAHAHAHA

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
07 Apr 2015 10:43 #20 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
To respond briefly,

First, a bachelor's auction is a charity fund raiser - the nobility and public servants are volunteering to raise money to fix up the land, support charities like the orphanage and the much needed farm and road repairs. Many of the people bidding will be bidding for the same reason.

Second, the purpose of winning the auction is to get to spend some one on one time with the person. Many will probably go down to the St. Astrid's day festivities. Others may just sit over a meal. Some may choose to spend time discussing scholarly things. Others may just shake hands, donate the money to charity, and go their separate ways. Others still may find this opportunity opening a new relationship, romantic or otherwise. If you can only see the options as Sex or Hard Labor, I would be concerned for your outlook on life, and seek professional help.

Finally, while I would be happy to see people supporting our local taverns, why not have people come and spend time having fun at a charity event then all go drinking together.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
07 Apr 2015 11:22 #21 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
What...how did I get on this list?....Well...as long as its going to a good cause....

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
07 Apr 2015 11:34 #22 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
Only someone with a death wish would bid on Karkat.
Who shall be held responsible when he kills or maims his date?

-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
07 Apr 2015 11:56 - 07 Apr 2015 12:02 #23 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Anhil,
I can honestly say that I had nothing to do with it. But there does seem to be a bit of well meaning meddling going around. Perhaps Big Bear is watching you as well?

Ava,
As with anything else unlawful, any harm that comes to Karkat's date or to him by his date will be under jurisdiction of the Baronial Guard. This is for fun of course, so we're hoping that no one will be maimed in the process.

-Thalia

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin

Last edit: 07 Apr 2015 12:02 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
07 Apr 2015 12:15 #24 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
I come back to Travance and this is what happens. You people confuse me sometimes.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
07 Apr 2015 15:26 #25 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
I WANT TO BID FOR THE MEAL FOR TWO!

-ROWAN

(OOG) Teresa Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Sindarion (Steven SA), Croínamara (Jen), Arden (Shelby), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Beinion (Beardy McFeatherbow) Thallor (Kevin G.)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
07 Apr 2015 15:37 - 07 Apr 2015 15:39 #26 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
Gods on Arawyn, if you have a problem with a bunch of fully grown men consenting to sell about an hour of their company for the benefit of the land they support, take it up with them individually.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 07 Apr 2015 15:39 by Croínamara (Jen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
07 Apr 2015 15:43 #27 by Croínamara (Jen)
As for whoever bids on Karkat, some people would rather live dangerously than die curious. I've got no issue with that.

I'd be more concerned for whoever bids on Typhon, as he's likely to sacrifice himself halfway though the date.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Caelvan (Caelvan), Sean Moulson (Moulson13), Arden (Shelby), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
07 Apr 2015 16:47 #28 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
Croi,

Ye been here long enough to know some in Travance have nae sense of humor- and the responses to the original posting bears this out.

Were there horses, I'd have suggested a race for a lass's favor, much like wha's done in wee Innesfree... Or for the more serious, the Rockin', Bundlin' and Speerin/Buekin... If'n this was tae be a serious thing for making matches and not the wee bit of fun this is tae be.

I look at this as a bit of fun in a serious time.... and nae harm in it (though I think Big Bear will be mad at Grim if nae commands something as a price.)

I'm amused I wasnae asked to be on this list.... but then, I'd likely be the one without a bid on him so it spares me the embarrassment- and I be fine with this.

Incidentally, I suspect Karkat will have many bids for him for the vey reason ye say- some want to live dangerously... and the danger around him is legendary. Something about bad or rough men and the attraction some women have for them.

-Duncan

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
07 Apr 2015 16:53 #29 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction
I hold a bit of love for more than a few of these men. Perhaps the charities they've chosen couldbe listed to spuce things up too.

Cmd B. Drexel

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
07 Apr 2015 17:19 #30 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic The Saint Astrid's Day Travancian Bachelor Auction

Croínamara wrote: bunch of fully grown men consenting to sell about an hour of their company

Grimkjell Eirson wrote: As for myself...
Who decided this on my behalf?

No one is condemning this auction, & it appears all who are taking part in this are willing to do so. Such charity is a good thing. It's just seems like some of the men listed were surprised to see their names listed on the notice & were unawares of such. Consent is usually done when one is aware of it. That is all.

Bravo to all those taking part. I hope it turns out to be a splendid event and it does much good. Travance doesn't have the best record for happy, fun events. Weddings in particular.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gregor (Caleb)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.807 seconds