Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!

12 Feb 2019 22:49 - 12 Feb 2019 22:50 #1 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth! was created by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
If I am not mistaken,
it has been said or conveyed that it is possible to cause some of the members of the Blazing Sun to defect.
Maybe it is also known that mind control, surgeries, and psionics have been used on innocent people.
This could mean that many of the soldiers and supporters of the Blazing Sun, if not all of the people affiliated, are just innocent men, women, and children doing things against their own will
due to mind-control, psionics, and surgeries

Perhaps our objective shouldn't be to eliminate the people of the Blazing Sun, for they may all be probably innocent, but instead save them from the works of the people whom may have inflicted their unfortunate situation upon them.

If memory is correct, Doctor Thomas Kristophsky was in The Dragon's Claw Inn speaking about the terms of his surrender.
Maybe our main objective should be to free the people enslaved the Blazing Sun and to cause Doctor Thomas Kristophsky to help us do so, for he may have the solution we need to undue the mind-control.

This conflict can end without blood shed.
We should make clear what our focus should be.

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
Last edit: 12 Feb 2019 22:50 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios).
14 Feb 2019 00:59 #2 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
There are so many things here that are simply wrong or childish.
As far as we are concerned, you speak lies.
Do not worry child, nothing we say here is negative.
In fact it is a joyous occasion,
For you see... you yourself are the lie.

A boy who cannot accept anything but their original answer,
and preference their words with "maybe" and "probably" to avid away any criticisms
In an attempt to appear scholarly.

They hide behind the shroud of pacifism, but antagonize, and culminate the idea that they somehow are the true answer?
We need no sword?
Lies.
Swords do not exist,
Nor do you,
For you are a lie.

So we choose from this point forth to view you as such Sindarion. You are a farce, and we will ether fade you from our perception of existence, or eliminate you from it.
Thank you for showing yourself.

Now stop.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
14 Feb 2019 01:39 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
You will eliminate nothing and like it. Or you won't. I am not here to discern your tastes or lack thereof but to ensure the defense of our Barony and all those who dwell within it. Swords may not exist, Moostrav, but I do.

~Nalick

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
14 Feb 2019 02:58 - 14 Feb 2019 03:37 #4 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Replied by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
Moostrav,
You perhaps shouldn't make claims without knowing the truth.
I maybe simply wished to convey a message without error.

I wish to not see innocent people be killed.
I do hope the people of Travance will consider my suggestion and save the people.

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
Last edit: 14 Feb 2019 03:37 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios).
14 Feb 2019 03:11 #5 by Victor Wainwright (HanSalva)
Replied by Victor Wainwright (HanSalva) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
I don't believe either of you actually read what Moostrav wrote. You both just saw him disagreeing and thought whatever he said must be immoral or at least that's how it looks. On top of that, neither of you have shown understanding or comprehension of the common tongue. Mayhaps it is just the hour that has affected your minds and caused such error.

In such case perhaps it may, in fact, be the truth that is relative to the person who speaks it and not the truth of the person who reads it. But then again, who knows, for that only may be true. On the topic of saving innocents, that is not for the populous to decide. Maybe in another life, we'd have such choice, but not in this version of relative truth and reality.

If you read through other recent postings on the board, you can see that Warlord Tartaros has spoken briefly on the members of the order who are concerning. However, if you choose to read such things, is your own personal truth and that, in all, is perhaps only something you may choose to do, perhaps.

-V

Dr. Victor Wainwright
Steward of Stonefall
OOG: Han/Hana Salvacion (They/them)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Moostrav Potrevski ()
14 Feb 2019 03:36 - 14 Feb 2019 03:37 #6 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Replied by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
Victor,
Perhaps your perception of Moostrav's words are incorrect.
They are his words and maybe he would know more so than the three of us.
Maybe Nalick's thought and my thoughts are valid concerning what we may have perceived,
and for that respect should be given.

I may not have the ability to issue commands but I do have the ability to share my thoughts.

Perhaps according to reports around Travancian Proper, including conversation and written information,
it is known that mind control, surgeries, and psionics have been used to control and influence people to serve
the Blazing Sun. If that is true then maybe we should consider that some, many, most, or all of those that make up
the Blazing Sun are maybe innocent people that don't deserve to be killed, but instead freed from their prison.

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
Last edit: 14 Feb 2019 03:37 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios).
  • Damien Marcain
  • Whatever it takes. No matter the cost. I will see justice done.
  • Thank Yous: 48
14 Feb 2019 10:01 - 14 Feb 2019 10:11 #7 by Damien Marcain (Mike P.)
Replied by Damien Marcain (Mike P.) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
Zanthios,
Regardless of what everyone else has been saying up to this point, although it should be said I don't discredit Moostrav, and give their words far more value than you appear to be, I feel I should speak up and say something.

You writing and act as if the events of the past feast have not yet occurred. The Blazing Suns have been fought with already. And yes, we were given orders to attempt to speak with them first, and try to tell them they could be given a second change away from their cult, and personally, I gave them each opportunities. But the men and women you speak of were killing people. Not considering it, not debating it, not asking us to change our minds. They killed me not more than a week ago. I am lucky to have a soul strong enough to come back, a concept which I was very unfamiliar with as one of them was slitting my throat.

The point I make is, this battle you attempt to preach to us on pacifism about is already done. And we killed them. Because otherwise, the men, women, children, people, heroes, commonfolk, everyone would've died in their self-righteous fires. And now they have joined with our enemies in a long, bitter civil war. We met them on the battlefield in war already. If we do so again, nothing will change.

You seem to be the only one in Travance that doesn't understand this. You seem to be the only one in Travance that would prefer we let each other die for the sake of already attempted and already failed civilized discourse.

Finally, let us look at the first two laws of Travance:
Ignorance of the law is not an excuse from the law.
Insanity does not excuse oneself from the law.

Moostrav discredits you for not being firm in your words. I discredit you for trying to lecture us on a subject you seem to have no understanding of.

~Damien Marcain
Vassal of Albriar
Archivist of the Order of the Sagewardens

(OOG: Mike Packi)
Last edit: 14 Feb 2019 10:11 by Damien Marcain (Mike P.).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Victor Wainwright (HanSalva)
14 Feb 2019 12:14 #8 by Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
Replied by Jenn Cutter (Jenn) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
Zanthios.
You act as though we have not been doing everything possible to save these people who are not in control of themselves. As though there weren't five of us last feast constantly working to try to figure out what Dr. Kristophsky did to these people. As though we did not already save the three Celestials. Until we learn more about what was done to them and about how to fix them, there is nothing we can do to save them. Several of us are continuing to work on this problem; these people have not been forgotten. But until we have figure out how to save them, they will continue to attack us and be willing to kill us. Therefore, we must defend ourselves.

Dr. Selby Wainwright
Viceroy of Albriar
Quartermaster of the Blood Spirits Mercenary Company
Acting Guildmaster of the Travancian Crafters Guild

OOG Jenn Cutter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen)
14 Feb 2019 13:15 - 14 Feb 2019 13:17 #9 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Dr. Selby,

I’m not sure if all of the Travancians were in attendance or at the proper during the time of travances action. My message on the board can serve as a reminder or a briefing concerning where our attention and focus should maybe be, if it’s not already known. Securing good perspective is maybe due and appropriate. This perhaps heightenes the importance and gives insight as to what the agenda of travance should maybe be.

Dr. Kristophsky appeared at the Dragon Claw Inn and had a conversation about the terms of his surrender, if I’m not mistaken.

Perhaps our objective should be secure and make safe the docter’s surrender, and secure the innocent, for these things are perhaps just and can effect their morale of the Blazing Sun given the potential surrrender of someone in leadership.

We can perhaps cause many of them to defect from The Blazing Sun which can lead to a surrender.

Maybe we should collectively attempt to free Dr. Krostophsky and work towards freeing the potential innocent and their surrender, simultaneously.

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
Last edit: 14 Feb 2019 13:17 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios).
14 Feb 2019 13:17 - 14 Feb 2019 13:23 #10 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
Zanthios,

We have been saving these scum left and right with little purpose beyond a moralizing victory against those so feeble minded they cannot decide whether or not the murder of children, what would theoretically be my children, is a permissible moral act in the eyes of God King Valos.

Now that the homefront has been secured against these filth, there will be no quarter for their agents. They wield a place of power that enables them to flee so readily from the field back to whatever hovel they call a cathedral. They conspire with the enemy. They want to play soldier, we'll kill them like soldiers.

That's more then they deserve,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 14 Feb 2019 13:23 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell).
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
14 Feb 2019 14:10 - 14 Feb 2019 14:12 #11 by Annora (Karen)
I summarized the entire events of last feast on these boards here , including the key members of the Blazing Suns leadership and which ones are definitely innocents that need to be saved.
Please stop making a mockery out of all the hard work many individuals, including Victor, Selby, and myself did last feast to find out more information about this cult. If you would like to actually understand what is going on, please ask any of us instead of lecturing those more informed than yourself on topics you do not understand. We would be glad to share our notes with you.
If you had read ANYTHING I WROTE, you would know that Dr Kristophsky is an amoral, unethical man ruthless in his pursuit of scientific 'progress'. He will not switch his loyalties to Travance out of the kindness of his heart. Please stop telling people WHO WERE THERE MEETING WITH HIM how to handle an individual you have never met.

Please make some effort to educate yourself on this topic before continuing to lecture others about it, and possibly then your comments will not be met with as much scorn.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
Last edit: 14 Feb 2019 14:12 by Annora (Karen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Jenn Cutter (Jenn), Damien Marcain (Mike P.)
14 Feb 2019 14:54 - 14 Feb 2019 15:04 #12 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
Doubters who remain,

I am aware of their sparse reasons for committing war crimes and enabling the deaths of the innocent. Lobotomized victims I do not see as members of the blazing sun. They are victims, same as generations of my faith who have been persecuted, tortured, murdered and burned by this order. Mother confessor has seen the full truth of the horrors her orders commit. If there is any piece of Aguara left fighting in her- and it is so weak it cannot break these chains in any meaningful way- I would see it dead and her soul at rest instead of the walking mockery it continues to be.

The little girl is coerced and trapped with her sickly excuse for a brother. Beyond that lot I do not care for their reasons. They have been persecuting a genocidal war against my people for over 10 years. There is no quantification for their sin.

If in this dark hour, it finally falls to my kin to draw up the righteous flaming sword unto this malignance, then by all means, step back o gentle soul- o kind and benevolent host. Leave it to me and the righteous who have joined me on this field to burn out this malefactor so many seek to traffic with.

You can justify it to Galladel when all is said and done. I am confident he will be understanding,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 14 Feb 2019 15:04 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby).
14 Feb 2019 15:03 #13 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Verrill,
We should perhaps not forget that the people that make up the Blazing Sun may be victims of Brainwash, Mind Control, Psionics, and Brain Altering Surgeries.

It would perhaps be tremendously saddening to later learn that the people killed were innocent.
I believe we should investigate the matter further.

Have the physicians of Travance investigated the anatomy of their members?

Have those of which are proficient with the weave and psionsics examined what could be effecting their will?

I’m happy we are safe for the time being.
I only wish for the best.

Annora,
I wish not to discredit the potential significant work for the people of Travance have bestowed upon the cause of safety.

I politely request you do not assume my intent was such. I have read your notes. I appreciate the offer to share more with me, if applicable.

I understand the work Docter Kristophsky may have done absolutley immoral, yet him surrending can be advantageous to the causes of peace and safety. He could have been mind controlled himself to fulfill the will of Blazing Sun. We may know much and for that I am thankful, but perhaps we don’t know everything hat we should.

If I’m not mistaken, Docter Kristophsky was forced to end his conversation concerning the terms of him turning himself in by the leader of their organization. Maybe he wishes to surrender and can help us stop the hostility. He can perhaps provide us with significant information we may need before acting further.

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
14 Feb 2019 15:10 #14 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
You are addressing Magistrate Tzaareth.

In other places we have illuminated upon the damage done to many of the cult's minds. I have even brought it up in my latest tirade. Dr. Kristophsky murdered an agent of mine when it was time for him to prove his trust-worthiness. He will not be given a second chance by any extension of my judicial branch. I am done having good men and women die and be mutilated so these scum can have 5th chances.

Hopefully this clears things up,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
14 Feb 2019 15:27 #15 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
The official order concerning Dr. Kristophsky as given by Warlord Tartaros and backed by the Barony is as follows:

If it is possible to bring him in alive, do so. This is not for the sake of mercy, but because detailed knowledge of what he has done, and how far his work has spread, can assist us in reversing it.

If it is not possible to bring him in alive, kill him.

----

He was willing to work with us, but was recalled away. He is, at the moment, more frightened of Samuel Proctor than us, which is saying something. Once Proctor is dead, Kristophsky may come along quietly. The timing may not work out in our favor, hence why this is not an order to bring him in alive at all costs.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
14 Feb 2019 15:47 #16 by Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
Replied by Jenn Cutter (Jenn) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
Zanthios,

Several physicians and psions have been involved in the research so far. I personally dissected some of his experiments. We are searching for ways to cure this. Please understand that just as it took time for Dr. Kristophsky to develop his methods, it will also take time to figure out a cure. As we cannot guaranteed that Dr. Kristophsky will help us, it is important to come up with a way to save them without them.

As Annora stated in another piece of parchment, anyone who would like to assist in this can reach out to us. There is alot of work to be done.

Dr. Selby Wainwright
Viceroy of Albriar
Quartermaster of the Blood Spirits Mercenary Company
Acting Guildmaster of the Travancian Crafters Guild

OOG Jenn Cutter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
  • Darius Redmaw
  • How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win - GK Chesterton
  • Thank Yous: 81
14 Feb 2019 18:59 #17 by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
Replied by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
Zanthios,

Since you continue, both in these missives and in others, to spout platitudes without much of substance I am compelled to state the following: Do not confuse a refusal to be trampled underfoot with a monster's desire for bloodshed. I say this both as someone who has fought monsters and been labeled as such, principally by the very same zealots you argue in favor of sparing. Why am I labeled as such? Because I was born of lineage that they consider abhorrent and unclean. I have served the Barony of Travance faithfully for more than three years, willingly fighting on the front lines against horrors that sought to end existence itself. I do this willingly and gladly so that those less powerful than myself need never raise weapon in their own defense, so that my beloved wife and infant son need never fear being lashed to a stake and set aflame to satisfy the self-righteous fury of this or any other group that professes to speak with the absolute authority of God.

I know for a fact that you have never seen firsthand what the Blazing Sun is capable of, so how DARE you presume to preach to one such as Victor, who has run his fingers through the ashes of innocent children burned alive at the hands of these degenerates. If you still wish to do so, then I invite you to accompany us onto the battlefield some time. I would willingly risk my life to protect yours if only to see your face as your idealism falls apart around you.

How exactly do you intend to solve the current problem? Would you have us who the Blazing Sun has already labeled as worthy only of death lay down our arms and willingly offer ourselves to the flame? This is easy for you to say, as you do not number among those who must die to fulfill their vision of the world. I do. As do my wife and son. Any man who tells me that I must stand by and allow harm to come to them when I could have prevented such is my enemy, and they will die much sooner than they expect.

I am not interested in any "Moral Phenomena" you might espouse as reasoning for your insistence on continuing to seek nonviolent, pacifist solutions to a problem that has already escalated far beyond words and into the RED QUEEN's domain. After a certain point it moves beyond quaint philosophy and becomes an outright hampering of the war effort, an act I must remind you is akin to treason.

Time will tell your intentions. For now sit back and continue to preach complacency from the security and safety my brethren in arms and I provide you.

Darius Red-Maw
Champion of Agaura

alt Thaddeus Black
"Plain, simple Thaddeus"

OOG Jack Coyle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Victor Wainwright (HanSalva)
14 Feb 2019 21:30 - 14 Feb 2019 21:50 #18 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Damien,
I suggest you not assume or rush a belief concerning what I want and don't want.
I do want all citizens of Travance to be safe.
I don't want death among the people.
I do understand that there was maybe attempts that have failed concerning reasoning with them, but maybe you've failed to understand that reasoning with words may be beyond the level of mind control that has overcome, perhaps, innocent people.
Annora and others, as perhaps previously mentioned, are working on a cure to undo the mind control. I suggest you yield quick judgement, utilize due time to obtain the truth, and be considerate of your words.

I hope, together, we can see a safer Travance.

Lois,
I may experienced that very moment, when Doctor Kristophsky was recalled.
His, perhaps, inquiry may suggest his willingness to cooperate given he is free from what bounds him to Samuel Proctor.
If we free him he can potentially help us, significantly.

Currently I may be aware of my brother's desire to bring back Doctor Kristophsky alive if possible, if I'm not mistaken.
My messages may convey that Doctor Kristophsky can help us and that may add a heightened value to the order that was issued to bring him back alive, if possible.

Jenn,
I agree that we should work to obtain a cure that doesn't rely of Doctor Kristophsky,
for his presence and / or assistance may not be guaranteed

This doesn't mean that we shouldn't simultaneously attempt to save a man that tried to turn
himself in. He could help but we should work to be self sufficient.

I would like to assist in the effort to obtain a cure.
Thank you for reminding me.

Darius,
Regardless if my statements appeal to one's emotions, they're perhaps, most importantly, potentially correct.
I suggest you value the truth. They may believe such bad things pertaining to your lineage but if you know you truth then maybe you'd understand that your lineage is as clean and equal as any other lineage. I understand that your efforts may have very good intention, to keep safe your loved ones and others, but I would like to inform you that there are perhaps many solutions to a given problem and if bloodshed can be avoided then avoided it should be.

I am saddened to learn of such a cruel experience Victor experienced.
No one should have to experience that.
It difficult to believe that people would commit such acts without first being brainwashed or changed in some way.

My solution to the issue is to work along side those researching a cure and to hopefully obtain such.
If a cure is obtained then the militant force that may exist serving the Blazing Sun may cease to exist.

I would never suggest that you willingly let yourself or anyone be harmed.
I value the safety and well-being of all who live.

I disagree with you.
My suggestions perhaps aren't counter to the effort to make Travance safe, but instead it may be the most optimal route to obtain such.

One cure can perhaps subdue the Blazing Sun's forces.

I believe you may mean well.
If you care for the safety of others then I thank you.
I hope we will all see a safer Travance, soon.

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
Last edit: 14 Feb 2019 21:50 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Feb 2019 23:34 #19 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
Their "Doctor" helped enough. Were there any shred of repentance, I would agree with you; I looked in his eyes as he spoke and from what I heard and saw, there was none. All that mattered to him was so-called objectivity. The blood on his hands is an objective fact. Swyft swung before I had a chance to ball a fist but he fled into the woods and beyond.

Write to him if you will, put on a pot of tea if only to bring him here that we can catch him.

But Nalick, isn't yours the God of Compassion?

He swung first.

~Nalick

The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Annora (Karen), Victor Wainwright (HanSalva)
14 Feb 2019 23:58 - 14 Feb 2019 23:59 #20 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Nalick,
My friend.
Who better than maybe the creator of puzzle to help us solve the puzzle?
I'd rather entertain him the chance to subdue his own doing opposed to not.

Maybe many lives can be saved if he helps us.

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
Last edit: 14 Feb 2019 23:59 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Feb 2019 01:27 #21 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
He lit a house on fire--perhaps literally, but that is beside the point. He should not be the one to decide for us the course of action to put the house back together.

There is no puzzle lest someone decide to follow his course of action. I will entertain him so long as he is entertaining.

~Nalick

The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Annora (Karen), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
15 Feb 2019 17:41 #22 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
The decision should be given to the person that will make the right decision.
Maybe he can give us information that would effect the decision made.

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
  • Cobus Puren
  • Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile...
15 Feb 2019 18:10 #23 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Replied by Cobus Puren (Jason T.) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
So does 'decision' no longer seem like a word to anyone else?

Cobus Puren
Captain of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Commanding officer, KSS Saguaro and the 1st Raider Force

(OOG: Jason Trommer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage), Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27), Victor Wainwright (HanSalva), Evelyn Hawkes (krishickey)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
15 Feb 2019 19:03 #24 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
Cobus, you are a blessing. Please, don't ever change, unless you wish to,
-Robert Morgan Esquire

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage), Victor Wainwright (HanSalva)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
15 Feb 2019 22:45 - 15 Feb 2019 22:49 #25 by Liz (Liz)
The "decision" has already been made. I believe Warlord Tartaros and Seneschal Heimdall both stated that if possible, the Doctor is to be taken alive. If it is not possible, it is not possible but that will depend on the circumstances at the time which none of us (besides possibly Gabriel, Verrill, the Lorestri, or the Time Reaver- none of which I would ask something like this) can possibly know right now.

-Lt Allyce of the Baronial Guard

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
Last edit: 15 Feb 2019 22:49 by Liz (Liz).
16 Feb 2019 01:41 #26 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Cobus,
Maybe you message takes away from important information.

Allyce,
I perhaps understand, but that doesn't mean that further decisions aren't pending.
I hope my messages increase the desire to not kill Doctor Kristophsky.

I wish for the best.

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
16 Feb 2019 04:47 - 16 Feb 2019 05:10 #27 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
(OOG Note: The edges of this paper are heavily burnt, and the writing is hasty, yet quite legible)

Zanthios

There is a phenomena in which one who sees a certain word or concept very frequently has trouble distinguishing the thing from nonsense. Chief Puren merely acknowledged something that I imagine has affected many of us, let alone himself and myself.

I would like to civilly request that you do not belittle Chief Petty Officer Puren in such a matter again, as I and other townsfolk are more than willing to vouch for his counsel qualifying as important information.

As for the subject of Doctor Kristophsky, it is not my place to decide. The work of individuals such as Victor, Selby, Annora, Starling, Master Warrane and Warlord-Admiral Tartaros (who if I recall is your lord, Zanthios) should speak for itself. I see you've mentioned that the Doctor tried to describe his terms of surrender, and that others, like that lord of yours I just mentioned have stated that we want him alive? EXCELLENT! THEN WHY ARE YOU DEBATING IT?

Rather than wasting ink quibbling with those who are trying make the people of Travance safe as you've called for many times now, Zanthios, I would like to humbly suggest that you pick up a shield and do it yourself.

Kind, exhausted, and irate regards,

Grand Librarian, Professor Terrestris-Zachariah Winstonshire

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
Last edit: 16 Feb 2019 05:10 by Terzak (TheArchMage).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Tom P (Father Ridigan), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Moostrav Potrevski (), Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27), Victor Wainwright (HanSalva)
17 Feb 2019 00:23 - 17 Feb 2019 00:37 #28 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Terzak,
Perhaps if you properly understood my messages you might not believe that I am debating nor would you believe that my intent is to belittle anyone.

Unfortunately, you have perhaps wrongly assumed and maybe have taken away from the intent of myself attempting to add importance to not killing Doctor Kristophsky.

I believe my actions can be viewed as complimentary to what the leadership of Travance may have suggested be done.
Contrary to potentially damaging a good message, you should perhaps instead be in support of it.

I do suggest inquiring with myself directly, in the future, prior to believing and posting such ill-minded thoughts.

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
Last edit: 17 Feb 2019 00:37 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios).
  • Cobus Puren
  • Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile...
17 Feb 2019 11:47 - 17 Feb 2019 12:04 #29 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Replied by Cobus Puren (Jason T.) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
((The following is written in a hasty scrawl.))

Oi could everyone stop pushing behind my chair to post these notes and actually talk about this in person cause it is really hard to enjoy my drink right now.

Cobus Puren
Captain of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Commanding officer, KSS Saguaro and the 1st Raider Force

(OOG: Jason Trommer)
Last edit: 17 Feb 2019 12:04 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage)
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
17 Feb 2019 13:56 #30 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic Let us not allow the Blazing Sun to blind us from the truth!
Mister Tartaros,

I will preface this by saying something that I fear has undeservedly gone unsaid: You’re right. You do provide an excellent additional reason to bring Kristophsky back alive, and as a learned man who often finds himself defending the subjects of this barony, I respect that reason (concern for the safety of those who have been unwillingly psionically altered, hypnotized, operated upon, et cetera) a great deal.

Yet you claim not to be debating with people, and there are multiple pieces of parchment here where you write that you ‘disagree’ with some and ‘suggest’ that others take different courses of action than their current ones. This, by definition, is debate: rational (at least ideally rational, it is not always) discourse between two or more who disagree on a subject.

You claim to not be belittling people, and yet I see with my own eyes a sentence by your own hand in which you refer to the writing of another Travancian (an equally reasonable and knowledgeable Travancian, might I add) as detracting from your ‘important information.’

As such, I do not believe I am assuming wrongly about your intent, as you have demonstrated it in your replies to your original writing. I would agree that the beginning of this was and is beneficial to Travance, but I do not believe that is true of what followed. I am thus not damaging a good message, but elucidating others and yourself on the nature of a more complex issue, one which I might admit mayhaps has been partially described in an ill-mannered fashion by one such as myself.

I shall state again that I agree completely with your message. It is a good one.

Yet I will ask once more that you please do not tell Chief Officer Puren or anyone else that their word  “takes away from important information”, as you so plainly put it.

While I will not attempt to surmise your intent in any of those passages, let alone the one I have recently mentioned, it appears to me that your words suggest that the work of the other Travancians with which you have conversed is of less importance than your own. I am more than willing to point out which pieces have led me to arrive at this opinion privately, if you wish, so that you may amend them to reflect the intent you have described over the course of this...discussion.

To suggest the work of others is of less import than your own is a closed-minded way of thinking and I would like to request, as a fellow Travancian, that you stop doing it immediately. It has taken a simple yet well-meaning message about your opinions on why Doctor Kristophsky should be taken alive and turned it into a pile of ink-lined vellum similar in depth to a twelve-layered cake.

Lastly, if you have any further criticism to make based on your belief that I do not understand what you are saying (or any other criticism for that matter, your words to me have simply suggested that such a belief is the crux of your argument) feel free to mention it privately as you have recently described. Should you continue to pontificate on the subject here, especially if it is in discordance with the words of Lord Tartaros, Selby, Victor, Master Warrane, Magistrate Tzaareth, Chief Petty Officer Puren, Darius, Lois, Moostrav or any other Travancian who seeks to state their mind, or their work, upon this board as you have, I will respond in kind,

And it will not be with kindness.

P.S.: Sorry Cobus. Too tired to actually say words.

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.750 seconds