Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond

• Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
16 Apr 2019 02:32 #1 by Seth (Kurteth)
Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond was created by Seth (Kurteth)
Let me start this off by saying if anyone hides or tries to take any information from me regarding this, I will not rest until you are dead by my hand.

I have toyed with the idea of keeping this private or in small groups but it doesn't matter if all it will do is hinder possible information.

Enzarond Melentres was a councilor to the late King Aleric Nostrove I. He was a low ranking councilor for an amount of years I honestly do not know, and after framing the murder of his superior, became a very close advisor to Aleric.

Within the year, the king was dead.

I have no proof that Enzarond was responsible for this, but I know this is exactly what he would want. He will not stop until he is at the top. Or at least, controlling it. And if he can't control it, remove it by any means necessary.

Months later, he was next seen enticing a Duke to begin amassing forces. You can fill in the blanks for yourself.

I am away from Travance, out on the front lines of this war. I am working to get as close to Althawine as possible, but the battle is slow. Still, this is the most I can do, I am bad at researching. So, I am publically requesting this because at this point I do not care who helps.

I am formally asking for any and all information on Enzarond Melentres. I am not sure many knew of his relation to Aleric, but I am going public on that so you have a starting point. I think many people would like to know if he truly was responsible. The avenues that opens, if true, are full of possibilities.

I am willing to pay for any and all new information regarding him. We can discuss prices based on how helpful the information is.

But there is one more thing, a promise I am issuing all of Travance.

I will kill him.

And none of you can stop me.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
  • Kraden Arrav
  • "For the strength of the pack is the wolf, but the strength of the wolf is the pack."
  • Thank Yous: 16
16 Apr 2019 02:53 #2 by Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
Replied by Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
I'll keep an ear out, and let you know if I hear anything. If so, we will talk on the price. Until then, good luck in your endeavors.

《OOG- Craig Carl》
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
16 Apr 2019 08:37 #3 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
Seth,

You don't have to begin your request for help with a threat.....also, you will do no such thing unless you wish to pay for the consequences of such actions.

With that, I will look into this for you. I will advise on what I am able to find.

Taylor Meise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
16 Apr 2019 10:33 #4 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
Seth,

You are not the only one who wishes the Lord Chancellor dead. I will do anything in my power to destroy him and his Duke.

That having been said, I was stationed in Grimwyr for the past few moons before we all came to Travance. I worked underneath Ser Tristram and for the Empire. I knew of Enzarond's connection to the previous King. And I know he was from Grimwyr originally. I would like to gather more information on him as well. I will be willing to share anything I gain if you will do the same with me.

Keladry Aybara

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
16 Apr 2019 10:53 #5 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
Maybe you should stop hiding information from everyone else.
You aren't interested in king and country, that much is clear. So cut the false patriotism.

I would suggest you start telling the truth if you want others to do the same.
Next time you threaten the people trying to help solve this, I expect the guard to bring you in for conspiracy.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Django
  • Thank Yous: 47
16 Apr 2019 10:54 #6 by Django (Topgunwov)
Replied by Django (Topgunwov) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
Seth,

I understand your drive well. I only ask one question of you. Must he die by your hand, or may any do the deed as long as he is killed?

Django

Commodore Django, the Sunseeker
Kormyrian Navy, Captain of the K.S.S. Ironscale
Rooster of the Winged Victory
Vassal to Kaladonia

OOG: Evan Wovsaniker
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 Apr 2019 10:58 - 16 Apr 2019 10:59 #7 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
I will kill him. I made that clear, Django.

And Aleister, for someone who keeps secrets from the general populace on a regular basis, you sure a hypocrite. Or should we talk about your various pet projects of "double agent townsmembers"?

I have been given the mission of bringing Enzarond down personally by Count Everest and I will consider anyone getting in my way or stopping me from achieving my orders direct treason against the governing ruler of this side of the civil war. And I will push through them with the same ferocity I would an enemy.

Seth

[hr]

Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 10:59 by Seth (Kurteth).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Django (Topgunwov)
16 Apr 2019 11:12 - 16 Apr 2019 11:12 #8 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Replied by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
May we spare the innocent and save the wicked.

Kormyrian Physician
Former Physician to Magister Melentres
Dr. Cloud Willowyn

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 11:12 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios).
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
16 Apr 2019 11:38 #9 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
I don't normally venture an opinion here but I will in this case.

Seth, demanding that ONLY YOUR HAND may be the one to strike this creature down is foolish. What if someone else finds themselves in a position where they need to strike that final blow? Should they just wait for you to arrive? Stop this- you come off as prideful and vain and I am sure that that is not your intention. The duty the Count put upon you is that this creature is killed. You obviously realize that you need the rest of us to help do it. Also accept that the rest of us might actually do it with you assisting. That is fulfilling your charge and not a weakness.

-Mae Fang Zhang

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Midori Suarez (krykit), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
16 Apr 2019 12:07 #10 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
Yes we can talk about it, Seth.

Bluster all you want, but you're still bound by the laws. Do not threaten the subjects again.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Angeliana (Angeliana), Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
16 Apr 2019 12:22 #11 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
Seth, whoever you are, I'll not stop you. In fact, I'll even help if you need it. I just have one request, that you put him down with a butter knife.

-Lucky

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
16 Apr 2019 13:49 - 16 Apr 2019 13:58 #12 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
Who are you to claim the sole right to kill Enzarond? Do you think you're the only one who has suffered at his hand?
That monster destroyed my home and killed far too many of my friends.
I would see him sent to the Reaper as well.
Please, don't think you have to go this alone. I'd like to strike him down, but I'm not so selfish to claim the final blow. Although, as Lucky said, a butter knife would be poetic justice.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 13:58 by Annora (Karen).
16 Apr 2019 15:24 #13 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
"Dr."

Stop.

Final warning,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 Apr 2019 15:35 #14 by Seth (Kurteth)
Ah, so this is why I should have kept it private.

I forgot this town is full of useless people and idiots.

My offer stands to anyone who actually wants to help. I'll pay you for any and all information.

As for the rest of you, stay the hell out of my way.

Seth

[hr]

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
16 Apr 2019 15:53 - 16 Apr 2019 15:53 #15 by Annora (Karen)
Perhaps, and this is just an idle thought, 'tis you who should stay out of everyone else's way?
You do appear to be outnumbered and outmatched here.
It appears there are blustering fools no everywhere.

[hr]
Card Raptor
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 15:53 by Annora (Karen).
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
16 Apr 2019 15:57 #16 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
Seth,

No one except the town fool is trying to prevent you from doing this. No one is standing in your way. No one is plotting to steal your kill from you. I'm fairly certain that as long as you are somewhere within shouting distance whenever we reach the Chancellor you'll be able to stab him. I understand your drive - if I'm there, I'll spell screen for you so you can get close without worrying about his magics, and do what I can to give you that opportunity.

There is no way, however, that anyone in any position of power in this kingdom is going to order that a subject who has the opportunity to kill the Chancellor and end this civil war stop and wait for you. Your chances of others choosing to wait for you, and helping you reach him, go up if you stop treating other Travancians as enemies* before the battle even begins.

In Service,
Lady Lois Blair Heimdell of Albriar

*No, this does not mean you have to make friends. Just stop shouting at everyone for two goddamn minutes.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Seth (Kurteth), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
16 Apr 2019 16:10 #17 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
Careful Imperial,

You may be in the throes of grief but that is an inquisitor of the kingdom who suffered irreparably at the hands of your former master when all of you were happily eating off his plate. You did not shirk his rule throughout his cruelties nor even seem to acknowledge them until he began to personally accost you and yours, while others were tirelessly working to reveal the enormity of his crimes and risking their lives. That would include Seth, Lord Demirosz, my self and dozens of others whose names I choose not to disclose.

Now lets be clear; Enzarond will die. It will be a trial we will conquer it together. Seth is requesting information. If you have any I would recommend pooling it here.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth (Kurteth)
  • Starling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 113
16 Apr 2019 16:18 #18 by Starling (starling)
Replied by Starling (starling) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
Seth,

Do you intend to publically share information you acquire in this manner?

Squire to Lord Angelica Tellinghast
Viceroy of Drega'mire

OOG: Alice Bryson
Marshal, New Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 Apr 2019 16:22 - 16 Apr 2019 16:24 #19 by Seth (Kurteth)
I have shared and will share any information I have on his whereabouts, dealings, and motives.

I am currently working with the Witch Hunters on ways to take down True Warlocks. And what they can gain from the piece of his symbiote they broke off and are studying.

Or do you mean 'will I threaten everyone who gets in my way'? Then yes. I will continue to do that.

Ergos mentioned to me that he believes information on both him and the Duke would be at Anoch. The Library might have the most records on them.

Seth

[hr]

Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 16:24 by Seth (Kurteth).
  • Starling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 113
16 Apr 2019 16:35 #20 by Starling (starling)
Replied by Starling (starling) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
That's a really good point - Anoch is a good starting place. I'd be glad to help look through records once we can get into the city. And I meant the question I asked explicitly.

Squire to Lord Angelica Tellinghast
Viceroy of Drega'mire

OOG: Alice Bryson
Marshal, New Player Rep
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
16 Apr 2019 16:37 #21 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
I am concerned about whether or not information on the Duke and the Symbiote would be accurately stored in Anoch, given the high librarians’ signature on the Duke’s declaration of rule. It is certainly worth a try, but I don’t know if the High Librarian is of his own free mind, and if the Duke would have instructed him to alter records.

In service to the Kingdom of Kormyre,

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 Apr 2019 16:48 #22 by Seth (Kurteth)
Starling, Yes, I will share information. I am not so much of an idiot to not know the more people who have pieces of the puzzle, the faster it can get solved.

Cara, that's absolutely true, but I have tried researching both the Duke and Enzarond and there was not much through Travances Records. That being said, I am not the greatest researcher, hence why I am reaching out for help.

Anoch's library may be altered but it's an Avenue I am willing to pursue given the chance.

Seth

[hr]

• Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
16 Apr 2019 16:52 #23 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
Seth-

I will gladly assist you with this research. I have been to the City of Anoch many times in my youth, and once we can reclaim the City and the Library, I will do what I can to aid.

In service,

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
16 Apr 2019 16:55 #24 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
We've all faced cruelties at the behest of this monster — some of us more than others. I've no doubt the atrocities he has committed against my family are nothing but a drop in the bucket of his crimes against the people of Kormyre, and I'm sure he's done far worse to far better people. We should trust in those who seek vindication and uplift the impassioned instead of playing at a contest of who has suffered the most. Quit at being petty.

Seth, I've given you all the information I could remember at the time. If anything else comes to me, I'll be sure to let you know. In the interim, since you're offering payment now, I have a few requests for you, but we can discuss them privately. Now let us help you.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
16 Apr 2019 16:56 #25 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
Seth,
As far as this fight would go,
We would say your well equipped.
It is a matter of getting close, and unrelentingly beating them down.

A True Warlock is, as we all know, innately powerful when it comes to their magics.
Protect your mind,
Be fast,
All we need to do is get you close enough, and give them little chance to concentrate,
They may be as strong as they want, a mage, is a mage, is a mage, is a mage, is a mage. Weak if overly focused.

We honestly care little if at all for and of this war, doesn't matter; yet you've twisted words so delighting, bloody swords? Yes, let's kill this beast.
As as far as we are concerned, they have become a minor inconvenience to us in are own endeavors, this is unacceptable, they will die.
Ether you slay or I, I do not care, I win ether way, I'll get my dues, I'll gladly help you deal with our problem, as will I.

Let you know what we find.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
16 Apr 2019 16:57 - 16 Apr 2019 16:58 #26 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
The governments of the City of Anoch and the Chroniclerite Keepers of the Library of Anoch are two different groups. The leadership turned to the Duke; the Keepers retain their neutrality - Belegchand confirmed this.

There are other libraries in this world. While the 1st continues its march towards Anoch, we can reach out to some of these other places. More sources are always better, especially since we don't know how long it will take to siege Anoch.

In Service,
Lady Lois Blair Heimdell of Albriar

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 16:58 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell).
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
16 Apr 2019 17:02 #27 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
I doubt my peoples library will have much. But perhaps there will be diplomatic document records in Sylvanus. Next time I’m there I’ll take a look.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
16 Apr 2019 20:08 #28 by Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
Replied by Jenn Cutter (Jenn) on topic Research on Lord Chancellor Enzarond
I am more than willing to assist in this research for the sake of the kingdom.

Let me be clear though, I am not doing this for you Seth and I do not appreciate the way you have treated the researchers of this town in your postings.

When we originally got the Declaration of War from the Duke, I did my best to research any and all of the names that signed it. Due to most books being pre-Demon Wars, I was unable to find anything. I would agree that Anoch might be the best next step.

Dr. Selby Wainwright
Viceroy of Albriar
Quartermaster of the Blood Spirits Mercenary Company
Acting Guildmaster of the Travancian Crafters Guild

OOG Jenn Cutter
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
16 Apr 2019 20:23 #29 by Annora (Karen)
Are there any portraits of the Duke?
I, and many others, saw him in person when he came to Grimwyr.
I have no talent for sketching, but I do remember his face well. If any portraits are found, we could compare them and see if this is in fact the same individual.

[hr]
Card Raptor
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 Apr 2019 20:27 #30 by Seth (Kurteth)
Yeah, great. Thanks.

If Nightengale or whoever is a researcher I don't want their help.

My posts here are honest. Help me and I'll help you. Get in my way and I'll move you.

If that hurts your feelings, toughen up or go away.

Seth

[hr]

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.885 seconds