Satyr-Related Questions (Asking for a Friend)

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
12 Mar 2018 11:09 #1 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Satyr-Related Questions (Asking for a Friend) was created by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)

I will lead with a couple of questions that I was unable to glean answers to from published lore or a couple of casual days on the forum:

1. - Is there any lore specific to satyrs (beyond what is listed on the character creation race page) that is commonly known?

2. - Do satyrs come from or are exclusive to any particular region, or tied to any particular culture?

3. - Are there any naming conventions particular to satyrs?

4. - What is satyrkin's "typical" relationship with humankind?

5. - What is satyrkin's "typical" relationship with other faeriekin?

6. - Do satyrs tend to live with humans, faeriekin, or only satyrs?

It is completely okay if there is not established lore about any of these subjects; I am happy to write into a vacuum, but I do not want to write explicitly contradictory concepts and call them norms. I'd like to be able to speak to "this is abnormal but the way the character is, or this is abnormal but the way this one herd is," rather than, "this is how the character is and she is an average representation of all satyrkin".

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
12 Mar 2018 20:25 #2 by Saoirse Darragh (chaoschimera)
Replied by Saoirse Darragh (chaoschimera) on topic Satyr-Related Questions (Asking for a Friend)
Hello, I am the friend! I'm working on character development and want to make sure I fit well within the culture of KR and am not weaving in my own folklore too much! Essentially, I am writing a satyr whose herd hails from a more remote region (the Highlands), whose people have a more constrained relationship with humankind.

I wanted to poke around and find what sort of folklore or cultural development is already established zeitgeist in the KR universe!

Also, I'd love to hear from other faeriekin. I'll evidently be tromping in with a network of human-playing friends, so I will love to network with non-humans!

Saoirse Darragh

OOG: Juniper Oliphant
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
12 Mar 2018 22:19 #3 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Satyr-Related Questions (Asking for a Friend)
A highland Satyr? this makes me happy.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
21 Mar 2018 21:50 #4 by Saoirse Darragh (chaoschimera)
Replied by Saoirse Darragh (chaoschimera) on topic Satyr-Related Questions (Asking for a Friend)
We are deerkin, a concept that may be familiar from Celtic lore. We are a little different from our goaty brethren.

Saoirse Darragh

OOG: Juniper Oliphant
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
24 Mar 2018 13:07 #5 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Satyr-Related Questions (Asking for a Friend)
Awesome! My PC is going for more a Pictish, "Keeper of the old ways" style.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
Time to create page: 0.448 seconds