Levels at the Academy for the Alt Event?

24 Mar 2018 01:57 #1 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Levels at the Academy for the Alt Event? was created by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
This was something that popped into my head and I figured it might be a question others might be interested in the answer to as well.

How do the levels/grades at the Academy work? For instance modern day schools are grades 1-12, Harry Potter it was your year. However when I asked on one of the KR facebook posts I was informed that our characters should be at the Academy no longer than 20 years, but if someone has been studying at the Academy for say... 10 years since they were a child, what "year" student would they be and how are those grades/levels determined? Just for a reference point when talking about our characters and where they are in their studies at the Academy.

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
24 Mar 2018 11:31 #2 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Levels at the Academy for the Alt Event?
Study is less along the lines of standard school structure "years" and is more defined by how much someone wants to learn. Academic progress is marked more in just how much someone knows.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
26 Mar 2018 12:53 #3 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Levels at the Academy for the Alt Event?
I guess I'm just confused because multiple professors have said "first year" "second year" "third year" and it's hard to figure out where my character fits into those references and I'm sure others probably have the same issue.

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
26 Mar 2018 12:57 #4 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Levels at the Academy for the Alt Event?
In addition, “first year in my lessons” means that sphere? Or in the school?

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
26 Mar 2018 12:58 #5 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Levels at the Academy for the Alt Event?
Just because there’s stuff my character would want to attend and she has rank 4 spells but she doesn’t have any bardics/“enchantment” magic, so she can’t go? I just want to make sure I understand

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds