Quinarian families

• Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
24 Jan 2017 10:35 #1 by Faila (Faila)
Quinarian families was created by Faila (Faila)
If you are bringing a Quinarian character IG, please feel free to reach out. My PC, Faila, is a Stormshard - a family of Quinarian crafters, mages and minor diplomats. Nostarion's PC is also Quinarian, so there a couple options for creating a character connection. Nothing fancy, but we would be happy to work with you, tell you what we know about Quinaria, and help you IG and OOG.

Crystal

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Keir
  • Thank Yous: 6
25 Jul 2018 14:26 #2 by Keir (Keir)
Replied by Keir (Keir) on topic Quinarian families
Hi. I'm Keir.

I realize this post is fairly old, but if you are still active and willing to be a contact for my first character in Travance that would be awesome. After reading as much as I could find on Quinarian culture, I have settled on a character of a somewhat rebellious nature. This being said, I have no idea how this culture is practically applied in the game and you might warn me to stay away from certain ideas.

Deacon Naerduïl Starchild comes from a long line of Quinarian Army Officers, specifically they are Dragoons of Diamond Dragon descent. Naerduïl is rebellious in that he is a cleric of Gaia, which has caused him to badger "the powers that be" of Quinarian society to abolish their practices of indentured servitude to the point that he is considered unwelcome (but not forbidden) in the central district of Archadia. He is known to have a particularly strong connection to his Draconic ancestor (no more than any other hero, of course) and for helping people find their calling in life when he is able.

His military career was exceptional, but marred by several incidents of insubordination as he has always sought to preserve life. He resigned his commission and retired after a particularly dreadful incident and settled in Gynith'Tyr where he studied historical texts and eventually learned enough about Gaia to begin his study towards becoming a cleric. He is completely self-taught as a cleric and chose the title "Deacon" as he considers himself a "lay priest." He is considered a harmless/bad boy/rebellious member of a good family by most, a mad prophet by the tabloids and an annoyance (but fun at parties) by any Royals he might know and some of the Nobility. Most Quinarians (perhaps even Royals and Nobles?) would treat him with some respect simply because of the Starchild family's long legacy of military tradition. He is approximately 200 years old and carries himself as a veteran adventurer though some of his skills may be a touch rusty (low level).

Of course, none of this is written in stone, but my character's backstory is not a huge mystery so I am not concerned with the FIOG aspect and random people reading this. First and foremost, my character would be coming to Travance to serve his calling in a land of conflict. He would be drawn to other Quinarians in this foreign land and may have been referred to a reputable Quinarian by his family to help him settle in. His family will miss him, of course, but not his antics. He will want to meet up with other followers of Gaia to learn from them. He will also want to learn from other Dragoons as his training has been isolated to his family's traditions and he feels there is a lot more he can discover.

Hopefully, this will be easy to work with and does not fall outside of what is acceptable for this world. If you or anyone else reads this and feels you could have a connection to my character or advice on my backstory, please let me know either here or "friend" me on Facebook and message me. My full name is Keir Sayenga. Since you are wrapping up your current story arc this weekend and I have a prior commitment to my Star Wars LARP character, I plan to join Knight Realms for the August 2018 event.

I thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Naerduïl Starchild

OOG: Keir
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
25 Jul 2018 20:17 #3 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Quinarian families
Hi there,

I think there are a few connections we could create. I will send you a PM.

Crystal

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keir (Keir)
04 Feb 2019 14:16 - 04 Feb 2019 14:18 #4 by Asträea Eos (Astraea305)
Replied by Asträea Eos (Astraea305) on topic Quinarian families
Hello there,

I have a character that was raised in Quinaria, and would appreciate a correspondence over Quinaria's IG character connections and see if my characters backstory would work.

Thank you very much for your consideration,

Asträea Eos

OOG: Emily McCormick
Last edit: 04 Feb 2019 14:18 by Asträea Eos (Astraea305).
29 Mar 2019 01:02 #5 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Replied by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios) on topic Quinarian families
I have had interaction before with someone from Quinaria.
My character may also have an interest with the magically charged kingdom of Quinaria. I'd be willing to create a character connection! You may send me a message if you would like to speak more of this.

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds