Armor and component questions.

• Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
28 Sep 2018 21:25 #1 by Seth (Kurteth)
Armor and component questions. was created by Seth (Kurteth)
Sorry I'm having trouble understanding.

1.So in the rules it says

When wearing at least two pieces of armor made from the same material, the wearer gains the
armor’s material type ability. Actively wielding a piece of primary equipment or a shield also
grants the material benefit of the armament. A character may be affected by up to two material
benefits from her armor or equipment per encounter and may never invoke more than two of the
same benefit without completing a rest, even if the material benefit is refreshed.

These two can each be a different periodic which, according to this, can only be twice each.

So the Kormyrian racial

This ability allows the character to invoke one additional periodic material benefit over her
maximum from a piece of equipment on her person.

Would allow both of them to be invoked 3 times? Or only one a third time?

[hr]

2. Second question!

In the relic section, it says this:

Relics gain the natural benefit of the component used to create them. An individual relic may be
made of one material only, but may be made out of a special material. The material benefit of a
relic may be the same benefit as conferred by any other armament, but cannot exceed the
maximum of two identical benefits per encounter. See the ​ Components ​section above for a list of
their benefits.

Does this mean that relics exceed this max two benefit from armaments? Or that they can be used *instead of* armaments?
Or, in the case of them being the same benefit,*with* armaments to max out the 2 or 3 with Kormyrian racial?

I am having trouble figure out what the actual max of benefits is.

Is this example correct?

Kapren Carapace deflect from chest piece. Kapren Carapace deflect from bracer. Riftsilk Willpower from hood. Riftsilk willpower from gloves.
Then two more benefits/invokables from Relics? Or does it cap off at the two different type from above.

Sorry if this is confusing, I am also confused a bit.

[hr]

3: Lastly (for now), the armor section states:

Armor ​is a worn armament that covers half or more of the specified location.

Does this mean a cloak with a hood to your ankles counts as a full set as it covers all of you on the back, except maybe your arms which move out to hold a weapon?

Thanks!

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
  • Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
02 Oct 2018 11:28 #2 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic Material Benefits
A few questions about the material benefits of items.

"A character may be affected by up to two material
benefits from her armor or equipment per encounter and may never invoke more than two of the
same benefit without completing a rest, even if the material benefit is refreshed."

1. Do relics count as equipment for the purposes of benefiting from materials, or are they their own category? Ex. If I had two pieces of Kapren Carapace armor, a Riftsilk sword, a Dire Beast Hide relic, and a Wytchwood relic, could I benefit from all 4? Or do I pick 2 of the 4 to benefit from?

2. Do materials that change weapon damage types count as the material benefit?

3. Does refreshing the material benefits of an item count towards the limit of benefits one can receive? Ex. If I have a Riftsilk sword and a Wytchwood shield, and I used the benefit of the sword, refreshed it, and used it again, could I still use the Negate from the shield?

4. Does refreshing the material benefits of a Smelted item refresh the benefit of both of the materials or just one? Ex. If I have a Riftsilk Wytchwood sword, I use both the Willpower and Negate, and then refresh the benefit, do I get both the benefits back or do I choose between the Willpower and the Negate?

Thank you!

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
  • Zathir
  • He's Zahir, I'm Zathir, our sister Ze'Everywhere, she gets around.
  • Thank Yous: 42
03 Oct 2018 23:36 #3 by Zathir (Clevatus)
Replied by Zathir (Clevatus) on topic Armor Question
Can the Body points given by armor be healed by traditional healing or will it need to be repaired?

at what point will armor need to be repaired if ever?(aside from a destroy effect)

Thanks

Zathir Ib'n Hatim Al Nawar

-Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG-Nathaniel Galloway)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
07 Oct 2018 13:21 #4 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Armor and component questions.

The Kormyrian racial would allow both of the material benefits to be invoked 3 times? Or only one a third time?

The Kormyrian racial would allow you to invoke one additional benefit, but still not take you over the cap of two identical benefits. So if you were wearing a single layer, full set of Kapren Carapace armor, even though that's technically four invokable benefits, you would only be able to invoke two, no matter what. There are currently no exceptions to the maximum of two identical benefits.

What the Kormyrian racial allows is for you to invoke a third benefit - it just can't bring you over the max of two identical benefits. So you could invoke two Kapren Carapace Deflects, plus one of any other invokable benefit from a piece of your equipment.

I am having trouble figure out what the actual max of benefits is.

Is this example correct?

Kapren Carapace deflect from chest piece. Kapren Carapace deflect from bracer. Riftsilk Willpower from hood. Riftsilk willpower from gloves.
Then two more benefits/invokables from Relics? Or does it cap off at the two different type from above.

That example is exactly correct. You can gain a total of two more benefits from your two Attuned Relics, but they cannot take you over the cap of two identical abilities.

Does a cloak with a hood to your ankles counts as a full set as it covers all of you on the back, except maybe your arms which move out to hold a weapon?

All armor must be rated by a Marshal to determine what areas it covers. That being said, we would not rate a cloth garment as covering the arms unless it had sleeves. As armor coverage is specific to the piece and the person wearing it, I would need to see it to answer that question, because some larger cloaks may count and some thinner cloaks may not.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Seth (Kurteth)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
19 Oct 2018 00:42 #5 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Material Benefits

1. Do relics count as equipment for the purposes of benefiting from materials, or are they their own category? Ex. If I had two pieces of Kapren Carapace armor, a Riftsilk sword, a Dire Beast Hide relic, and a Wytchwood relic, could I benefit from all 4? Or do I pick 2 of the 4 to benefit from?

Answered above; you can benefit from two equipment pieces and your two Attuned Relics.

2. Do materials that change weapon damage types count as the material benefit?

"A piece of primary equipment made out of a material listed as Continuous (Weapon) does not count against the limit on invoking material benefits during the course of an encounter." -Material Benefits, Chapter V

3. Does refreshing the material benefits of an item count towards the limit of benefits one can receive? Ex. If I have a Riftsilk sword and a Wytchwood shield, and I used the benefit of the sword, refreshed it, and used it again, could I still use the Negate from the shield?

It would not count towards the limit of two benefits from armor. However, it WOULD count against your refreshment limit for the encounter, so you can either benefit from Replenish Essence (or similar skill) or benefit from Item Maintenance, but not both during the same encounter.

4. Does refreshing the material benefits of a Smelted item refresh the benefit of both of the materials or just one? Ex. If I have a Riftsilk Wytchwood sword, I use both the Willpower and Negate, and then refresh the benefit, do I get both the benefits back or do I choose between the Willpower and the Negate?

It would refresh both benefits. You still would not be able to bypass the maximum of 2 identical benefits per encounter, though.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
19 Oct 2018 00:44 - 19 Oct 2018 00:44 #6 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Armor Question

Can the Body points given by armor be healed by traditional healing or will it need to be repaired?

at what point will armor need to be repaired if ever?(aside from a destroy effect)

Body points granted by armor can be healed with traditional healing.

Armor does not need to be repaired with a skill except for healing the Body points it grants.

Last edit: 19 Oct 2018 00:44 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
Moderators: Nicoletta (fyperia)
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds