Questions on Devoted

07 Oct 2018 13:20 #1 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Questions on Devoted was created by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Text reads as such:

"This ability allows the character to deal her chosen deity’s associated damage type with all attacks, as well as granting her resistance to that damage type. Additionally, she may choose one non-unique spell from ​Chapter IV and cast it as if it appeared on her Priest spell list. "

Question is....what are considered unique spells? can we get a list of Off Limits Spells?

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
09 Oct 2018 10:58 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Devoted spell question
For devoted from priest, if I pick a spell that has different “flavor text” what do I call it as?
An example would be Enigmatic Ray from Shaman(cataclysm) and Mage(Annihilate). Would a priest choose what to call it from one of those lists? Or could they call the spell something else?

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
18 Oct 2018 23:27 - 18 Oct 2018 23:54 #3 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Questions on Devoted

Question is....what are considered unique spells? can we get a list of Off Limits Spells?

Unique abilities are listed with an asterisk(*) next to them. For example, the Blood domain from the Mage class:

I: Heartseeker
II: Sanguine Bolt*
III: Enfeeble
IV: Sacrifice*

Sanguine Bolt and Sacrifice are both considered Unique and are marked as such with an asterisk (*).

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 18 Oct 2018 23:54 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
18 Oct 2018 23:53 #4 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Devoted spell question

For devoted from priest, if I pick a spell that has different “flavor text” what do I call it as?
An example would be Enigmatic Ray from Shaman(cataclysm) and Mage(Annihilate). Would a priest choose what to call it from one of those lists? Or could they call the spell something else?

By default, you would call it by the default name. So Enigmatic Ray would be called as Enigmatic Ray.

However if you would like to call it as a different name because the name doesn't make sense for your deity, you can send me an email to with the suggested name and the rules team will discuss approving it. (We may have to deny some names on the basis that they will be used for Heroic list skills.)

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Nicoletta (fyperia)
Time to create page: 0.487 seconds