December Highlights

• Tsoli
  • Life is simple, but we insist on making it complex
  • Thank Yous: 63
21 Dec 2009 12:18 #1 by Tsoli (Tsoli)
December Highlights was created by Tsoli (Tsoli)
Surprised no one has started this yet.

Ok so this event was really fun despite the Frigid temeratures

Highlights
Learning new skillages are always fun.(glad you came back chris)

Running around like a nut selling tea and being able to get to know many people through the tea.

Making LOTS of coin while selling said tea.

Sitting with Mixolydia and chatting while toasting wienies and meatballs, love trading tea for food.

Apollo: "Keep the tea coming until I tell you to stop." Me: after an interruption and people returning continuing to bring out tea: "Yes Apollo told me to keep bringing the Tea til he told me to stop, so this is on him i guess". Apollo overhearing at a nearby table: "STOP, STOP! How many have you brought out!?"

NPC shift:
Stone Golem Children was awesome. Tag with Magnus, Snowball Fight with Elawyn and a few others, Playing "pass the PC" with body blocks, That whole mod was awesome.

Harpoon spiders, awesome abilities that are hard enough to be annoying.

Playing Liam's con man's assistant and eating pie. Then following Gentleman Jas as he unwittingly led him to a friend, got waylayed at his bunk(at least he layed comfortably for 10 mins lol) and we stole his dagger. We continue to try to hire out the con men and he wakes up screaming WHERE'S THE MAN IN THE FANCY COAT. We run away and escape.

Coming back as T'soli noticed that one of our hit men from the NPC shift did not get away saw him with Gentleman Jas. Revolving doored it and made sure to not metagame lol and the 2 of us were able to bring him down. Yay for low level fight where the whole town was not involved and he was challenging enough to be tough, but not overwhelming.

Getting to use a new skill in said fight.

Coming back to possibly the funniest thing i have heard in KR.
Magnus "I was thinking of wearing a banana hammock and coating myself in bacon grease and stealing the mayor's soul and running around and having people chase me"
Victor: "Yes but first you must have someone deafen you and then run around screaming : I GAWT THE MAYA'S THOUL I GAWT THE MAYA'S THOUL"

actually being able to "improve my lifestyle" because i actually had enough coin to purchase commodities.

Lowlights
Standing out in the cold for 1/2 hour waiting for the townspeople as the elementals.
Sleep deprevation, least sleep i've gotten on an event.   

I look forward to the next event i can make.

T'soli Silverbow of House Silverbow

If we call for the proof and we question the answers,
Only the doubt will grow

OOG: Bill Friederich - Live while you Live
Kitchen Marshal
  • Relawin
  • Mace in the Face!
  • Thank Yous: 0
21 Dec 2009 12:33 #2 by Relawin (Relawin)
Replied by Relawin (Relawin) on topic December Highlights
Highlights:
Very few times was I ever bored or without an enemy to fight.
My new shield allowed me to take on enemies much stronger then myself.
Being part of the main mod story by assissting in gathering 2 gems and fighting the totem spirits on friday night.
Getting a new mace and successfully completing the dig site mod with the others hired to do it. 
Finally getting to the other side of the bridge while getting the air gem.
Having a great time fighting alongside and meeting Yoshi, Naomi, Magnus, Seamus and Blade.
Being told by an NPC that I am awesome with my javelin.
Getting back my javelin from logistics saturday.

Lowlights:
Losing Talia, my javelin, at the friday night fight against the totem druids.

Constant barrage of strong undead, although fun, started to become more and more dangerous as we lost Seamus and Magnus.

(ooc) Troy Maphis
(IG) Reandn Relawin
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
21 Dec 2009 12:49 #3 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic December Highlights
-Being made of bricks and murder.
-Late night Saturday group therapy session.

That's all I have for now, by brain is kerfizzled.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
21 Dec 2009 13:09 - 21 Dec 2009 13:37 #4 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic December Highlights
One of the best just straight-up-fun events I've had in a long time.  Never felt so good not feeling I haven't accomplished much of anything in the long term. :)

-Good fights, great RP and a Druid-based plot.  Right off the bat, already a great event for me.
-Awesome food from Mixolydia and sharing my own stuff with the barracks.
-Shawn's new Dragoon and having an IG reason to get to know him.
-Hanging out with Oakroot, dragging him along with stuff and putting him in charge of things - and him doing an awesome job.
-Remi totally won the courage mod.
-Naturi saves the day with tracking!
-Dios returns!
-Rp with Antrim
-Finally seeing Philidin pay for his eviiiiil after 3 years.  Sorry Tim!
-"BOOK! awww...."
-Pre-game Starbucks adventure with James
-Post-game Bob visit.
-Overall talking to and getting to know better a whole lot of people, both IG and OOG.  I wish I could be around more.

Thank you everyone for such a great event, and thank you Sean K. for running it so well and rolling with the punches!

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Last edit: 21 Dec 2009 13:37 by .
21 Dec 2009 13:45 - 21 Dec 2009 13:48 #5 by Wou Tou Shen (Wou Tou Shen)
Replied by Wou Tou Shen (Wou Tou Shen) on topic December Highlights
Man is has been awhile since i have done one of these posts.

the event was really good for me, the action and the RP was fantastic we had quite a few new players that fell right into the mix just as if they've been here for years and of coarse the vet players; that just make things all the better.

this was the 1st time ever that i didn't play my main pc for the weekend and it is because there was so much going on with this pc that i just didn't have time witch was excellent

the dragoons were out in full force this weekend 11 TOTAL yes lol there was a lot of RP going on as far as the dragoons went lots of fun there.

the RP session that kamen had with Renaudierre the Red (as i call him) was excellent me and roy always have just deep conversation that always puts things in a different perspective to kamen thanks roy

the dragoon mod was really great it gave the newer players a great opportunity go kinda feel the vet dragoons out to see how they are and and there mentality i feel anyway so that was kool.

the dragoon ultimatum rp session was pretty deep
i wish more people could have been there to see that but what can ya do..

i do have more but frankly im tired of typing.
Ill see ya

Wou-Tou Shen

Be one in mind and body.

I am the stone that stands firm atop the largest mountain in Pendarvin, the strongest winds, nor the harshest rains will not move me.
(oog derrick)
Last edit: 21 Dec 2009 13:48 by .
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
21 Dec 2009 14:16 - 22 Dec 2009 08:18 #6 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic December Highlights
i barely have any highlights this time since i ended up leaving 4 am saturday but here goes

-before layon bacon mission : GREAT SUCCESS!
-introducing my new character and having Remi come and lift up my coat to check if i had a tail.
-having lots of warm layers this winter but still having my hands and feet freeze
-meeting a bunch of new people as this character.
-walking back from dealing with trolls and having a PC look at me and say "she has horns! kill her! KILL HER! and Danika being quite offended by said comment
-funny talks with Yoshi, Desmond, and Tsoli
-learning the "FlashBang" way of life LOL
-having everyone compliment me soooo much before layon on my costuming and new character!
-watching as i offered drinks to people and were VERY hesitant on taking it.
-every time a fight came up replying " i'm a lover not a fighter" and having another PC reply "well in that case!" and missing the rest lol
-having James have me step into the kitchen to get a better look at said costuming and being very impressed XD
-having a long talk with T'soli in the "warm room" because i looked bored. fun times!
-playing patty cake with Brik while waiting for some people to get their stuff together

Lowlights
-running from trolls in the freezing cold and having my asthma act up so i had to blow my hiding skill *lamesauce*
-having my one horn fall off before lay on and having father paul save me with massive amounts of duct tape! yay!
-being really really cold no matter how many layers i had on :-(

i had fun the time i was there though! and i can't wait to meet more new people as Danika!

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
Last edit: 22 Dec 2009 08:18 by .
  • Sirides
21 Dec 2009 14:18 #7 by Sirides (ChrisZ)
Replied by Sirides (ChrisZ) on topic December Highlights
I can't begin to say how much fun Verristel and I had this weekend.  It is nice to see that we now have a new home and I am sure KR has a lot in store for those who play.

James, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us on Saturday morning and clarify a lot of confusion that was otherwise clouded. I'm excited to see what is to come.

As far as Roleplaying/Combat goes, I'll start in order. Friday night we were sent out as trolls, and happen to fight a lot of people.  Unfortunately we couldn't see who they are in the dark but all I can say, whether killing us or, dying themselves, the roleplaying was perfect throughout.  Not very often do you see someone staying in role during something that is not their favor.  It was amazing.

Tsoli...good job turning an innocent merchant transaction into a favorable gain without loss. ;)   Although I still wanted that tea.

After that I played an npc to come in and learn about the game world through acting like a chronicler priest. I realized that no one trusts anyone new, asking to learn about where they live haha

Saturday morning.  Getting the chance to be involved in a plot, being a brand new player to KR was amazing.  Thank you for giving me the chance to do that.  It was great playing Black Jack my very first time and getting up to near 900 gold.  Thanks guys for keeping Lord Etelbert entertained and unable to get away for one moment.  If you wouldn't have told me afterwards that you were winging everything, we would have continued feeling that you had scripted everything before we arrived and that everything you did went according to plan. Very awesome job roleplaying and I hope we get a chance to do it again.

Thanks to everyone for being very receptive to Rick and I as new players and allowing us to take roles that we wouldn't have thought that we could have got to play. Had a great time and definitely looking forward to coming in as our characters

OOG: Chris

IG: Siri'des Vael'senwe
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
21 Dec 2009 14:25 #8 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic December Highlights
This was an excellent Event.

Highlights - in no particular order
Being able to spend almost all my time RPing rather than fighting, not having to actually engage in combat until mid-day Saturday, and that only for long enough to speed cast 4 Imprisons.

My most intense RP minute of the Event occurred when I came upon Afronin after he just killing blowed an attacker.and telling him his action constitutes murder.
Other person:  He is a vassal of X and I am from X so I will handle this
ME:  Is your title "sir"
Other:  No.
Me:  Then this is of no concern to to you - leave
Afronin's eyes grow and he says "How can you say it was murder when he tried to kill me first?"
ME  Because I did the same thing to a person who was committing a capital crime, not merely an assault, and was tried and convicted of murder."
SILENCE

Baron's Privy Council was about as exciting as it gets and was still fairly b oring - but we did move at a fast pace.  

Put to rest my Tower Mod adventure, but in a very disappointing manner.

Sleeping warm and undisturbed both nights.

Leaving late to main mod, in the company of Rubius and Lyle.  When asked when leaving the Inn if  I was worried about being late, replying "If the fight is over by the time we arrive, our presence would have done nothing.  If the conflict is still raging, our three fresh bodies might make a difference."

Remi's bodice
Cooking for Logistics around 1 mam after main mod.
Selling out of every scrap of food I brought, not counting what I gave away to OOG people.
OATMEAL!

Blade - nough said

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Radu Dragovic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • -Death is but a Door-
  • Thank Yous: 1
21 Dec 2009 16:08 #9 by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic)
Replied by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic) on topic December Highlights
Just been around two and a half years since I played last and I have to admit I have a great weekend!!!! So many things to talk about, I didnt really get a chnace to get involved with the main plot but that happens sometimes when you get side tracked, sorry to have missed it.

Great seeing everyone again and meeting so many new people! Hope you all had as much fun as I did. Have a great Holiday!!

xoxox

Radu Dragovic-Guild Grave Digger and Carpenter of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

-Death is but a doorway, we are richer to of know you and luckier still to have called you friend-

OOG: Jeff Mclean
21 Dec 2009 16:27 #10 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic December Highlights
I had an AWESOME event!!!
Decided to go all blade all day and all night, even slept in shanty town rather than my usual lakefront accomidations.  I must say the morning walk to coffee was nicer, but I have grown used to having more room for my stuff.

Skimmel did a GREAT job!!! WOOT!

I think despite being the storm of the century everyone had a great time!
Loved being Blade the Bouncer for the private game.
Made more at this event as Blade than I have in the last three years as Osred.
Maybe gettting the Mithril Chainmail shirt I want :-) (soak of 4 with tough hide = Woot!)
Going out for coffee and soup at 1:30am Saturday night and returning to find a spot by the inn!!!
Blade's interpetation of what people say expecting people to understand them:
   Them: All dark palladins are evil.
   Me:    Cinder dark, he's palladin, him evil?
   Count:  Well, no, Cinder is dark, and he's a palladin, but he's not a dark palladin.
   Me: *confused look*
   Count:  Well, he IS a dark palladin, but he's not evil.
   Me:  So not all dark palladin's are evil?
   Count:   You see, this is why there are such out of control laws against races, this would all
                 be simpler if we just said yes, he is a dark palladin, so he is evil...
   Me: *confused look*
   Count:   You see, you shouldn't judge a palladin by the color of his skin, but by the content of his... actions?

Rock Mod was awesome!!! Loved it! The NPCs did a perfect job!!!! The PCs seemed to have so much fun!!!!
    Jenn W. bringing the bacon sauce!!!  And other awesome foods!
    Coming close to my first death as Blade was laying on the ground, I had 4 fingers extended and was counting 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53... when I heard "I apply healing salve to you" Whew!
    The devising of the newspaper article written by blade, and giving my first advice to Kamen!!

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
21 Dec 2009 16:58 #11 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic December Highlights
Friday:
Ride up and being on time at Camp. I forgot a pillow, Tim forgot his polearm. We got them and Adam Bayou from Dover!
Odo's New Hammer!
Coming out as Odo after a few months

Sorel "Hey big guy."
Odo "Hey little buddy."

Saturday:
I missed Oatmeal. Boo
Fustrating Lyle was funny
Chris Kane "Hey Tom, You remember Moatbeast right?"
Me "Oh yes, and I'm afraid and excited at the same time."

Dorian Antics
Me "...and I'm a mage!"
Leif the Barbarian, not happy "Do we have to bring him along?"
Ashling "He knows first aid."
Leif the Barbarian, still not happy "Well. Fine."

Feast was amazing.
Learning my last 4th rank! Elemental Sphere, here I come!

Sunday
Waking up with my silk cloak wrapped around me, and it was good.
Cleaning up and driving people off

It was a fine event, Sean did a fine job, and only wished the cold wasn't so bitter.

Seeya in Janurary!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Oakroot
  • We all hope for happy endings... right?
21 Dec 2009 17:32 #12 by Oakroot (OakRoot)
Replied by Oakroot (OakRoot) on topic December Highlights
This event was awesome I loved every minute of it
- Getting to make a few new in game and oog friends
- The fact that their are so many dragoons made me smile
- The druid plot was so much fun i loved going into each individual realm and having to approach them in different ways
- Learned allot from from hanging out with Elawyn and Erdrick
- Living in the slum of "Shanty Town"... to my surprise the corner was quite comfortable
- The NPC's were very goosd this event  i think they were trying to keep warm by fighting their butt's off... lol
- My NPC shift was fun got to do a Kane style sit up when the PC's for got to killing blow me with fire as a troll
-Getting to chill with Afronin, Ranith, Cane, and Naturi
- Becoming the only new player to represent an element in the druid plot WHOOO HUMILTY
- Got allot of props from everyone for glowing and made a Glowing Buddy "real men glow" just ask sorel
- Getting to be a major point in main mod loved my stats and fighting with caladonia
- Thanks to tobar i am now a Cavalier had fun with the "Veggi Soldiers'
- Having the gem of air made me so happy and getting a trinket for the first time
- All in All great RP from all and thanks to so many for being kind and having manners while we were so cramped
- loved feast great job!
- Made my first winter event a laugh thanks guys i never laughed so hard in a while thanks to all ("especially Hamish")
Could go on but I get boring when I ramble... again awsome event

Brinden Oakroot
Vassal and Gaurd of Kaladonia
Student and Squire of Lady Elawyn Brightstar
Follower of Chronicler and Son of Arawyn
*OOG*
*Clark Livengood*
  • Gentleman Jas
  • Wine, Women, and Song.
21 Dec 2009 18:37 #13 by Gentleman Jas (Gentleman Jas)
Replied by Gentleman Jas (Gentleman Jas) on topic December Highlights
These aren't in any sort of order.

Super secret back mod
market faire
fighting the undead Saturday night after main mod
getting to be melodramatic over Roland's body as he is bleeding out.
helping the gargoyles defeat the trolls
getting robbed and then getting JUSTICE!
learning that I have a really good friend
Magnus coming back
the dwarf dig
not being aloud to go on two of the four gem quests because Jas is neither Humble or honorable
defending Jas's "honor" with  Remi
new coat and Latex dagger! (COAT TAILS FTW)
being approached by Zahir to use my acting skills to help sell potions.
making a good amount of money this event.

getting to use my new trinket against the Ogres on sunday.
I am sure there are more but my brain is so fried. thanks everyone for a wonderful event. hope to be back soon.

"Any thug can stab and grab, but a perfect scoundrel has panache, you must do it with a wink and a smile."
IG: Gentleman Jas
OOG: Kevin Maphis
  • Secarius
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Cinis et Cinis Pulvis Et Pulvis
21 Dec 2009 21:56 #14 by Secarius (Secarius)
Replied by Secarius (Secarius) on topic December Highlights
only real highlight i can think of was that saturday night spirit totem animal ... thing .. fight was the first main mod in which i never got cut down once!..

Liz Hill.. MAGNIFICENT job with the turkey. I had the Itis before the desert was even served!

getting to rp with those few who i did rp with was fun.. OH also... the 12days of cristmas on wall

ALex S.
player of Brax the Barbarian
21 Dec 2009 22:08 #15 by Ashling MacKreagor (Ashling MacKreagor)
Replied by Ashling MacKreagor (Ashling MacKreagor) on topic December Highlights
Great time, in many ways my favorite game so far.  Even though a lot of the people I usualy come with/ interact with weren't there, it gave me a chance to hang out with other people who rock both in and out of character.
highlights in no order:
Dragoons rock my world.
Hanging out down by the lake at night.
Borrowing Hamish's coat made of sunshine and win.  Lauren is magical buy her stuff!
Not missing most of the mods by a few minutes as I've done in the past, and feeling super hardcore for hanging out in the snow.
Mckreagar-Mcbane smack talk.
arguing with Leif about why he shouldn't kill all the mages.
Bicomi:  *to me and Leif*  Where are you two going?
Me:...we'll tell you when you're older *run off into the woods*
teaching the npc sent in to start a bar fight how to brawl
"Dragonforce"... if you don't know don't ask.
best main mod I've been to so far.
surpassing Billium in the number of insanitys I now how.
npcing the troll-goblin caroling bergade
Being homesick and latching onto Leif...having that turn into some fantastic inapropreatness and inuendo only a celt and a barbarian could pull off.
Magnus laughing crazily as he killed undead saturday night...So glad he's back  
bacon mod
lecturing leif on running off into saturday night undead fight battle and almost getting killed, then running off into battle and almost getting killed, wash and repeate about 4 times before we decided we should move into the kitchen so as not to be tempted.

Go big or go home

ooc:  Terri DePrima
  • Hiro
  • i am the sleeping wild mage
21 Dec 2009 23:25 #16 by Hiro (Hiro)
Replied by Hiro (Hiro) on topic December Highlights
hmmmmmmmmmm  highlights lets see since i npced all weekend id have to say coming home to only a sore knee and no bruises is always good

ok loved being involved and hope to keep compliments on how well the npcs did a regular thing

IG: Hiro Makaza Zero

戦争は残酷である。 それを改良することを試みる使用がない。 それがより残酷なら、やがて終わる

War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over
OOG:Chris N
  • brik
  • whatever
  • Thank Yous: 14
21 Dec 2009 23:28 - 21 Dec 2009 23:31 #17 by brik (sonya)
Replied by brik (sonya) on topic December Highlights
my biggest highlight: not having to bust out a [censored]ing notepad every time I wanted to tell someone something.  ya, was a very fun event  :D

also!  walking along at night by myself and running into a group of people...

"Who goes?"
"Brik Brockles."
"You're lying, Brik can't talk!"

i can't win

oog - sonya m.
Last edit: 21 Dec 2009 23:31 by .
  • Gentleman Jas
  • Wine, Women, and Song.
22 Dec 2009 00:52 #18 by Gentleman Jas (Gentleman Jas)
Replied by Gentleman Jas (Gentleman Jas) on topic December Highlights
correction. there was no super secret back mod. i meant SUPA SECRET BACON MOD!

"Any thug can stab and grab, but a perfect scoundrel has panache, you must do it with a wink and a smile."
IG: Gentleman Jas
OOG: Kevin Maphis
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
22 Dec 2009 07:48 #19 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic December Highlights
Two things additional things:

Paladin - "Divine Flame?"
Antrim - "Yea, he's good."

---

Cinder - "I'm not a unique snowflake anymore..." 

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
22 Dec 2009 09:12 - 22 Dec 2009 09:26 #20 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic December Highlights
1. "For the purposes of Khitain mod, the role of Lethias Von Ritter will be played by Erim Walker"

2. NPC: "BREAK LIMB"
Me: "uh.... wait a sec.... parry! PARRY! I HAVE PARRY! I REMEMBERED! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!" *runs off waving sword overhead*

3. *as ogres come thundering down the trail*
Lethias: Climb! *leaps into tree*
Me: *looks around desperately, then stops* oh yeah, I can do that too! *leaps into tree*

4. Hey look, a 5 silver piece, buried in some leaves! wait, that's not a silver piece... it almost looks like... wait, is that a pommel... TO THE DAGGER I LOST IN AUGUST?!

I FOUND THE CALIMACIL DAGGER I LOST IN AUGUST!!!!!

5. *post-main mod, when the true warlock was revealed* "Come on Shamus, its finally your Belmont test!" *groans and laughter all around*

6. Highlight: playing a real part in taking down a harpoon spider
Lowlight: Dropping the 5 gold piece he handed me into the snow while trying to fumble it into my pouch >_<. I will miss you little 5-piece, sitting somewhere below the frozen snow.

7. Highlight: Going to meet some friends, finding the cabin they were in with no trouble
Lowlight: Opening the door to discover a Penteire and Arcanum (or whatever the frack they're called) instead of my friends
Lowlight: I've got a freaking Penteire holding a sword to my throat
Highlight: he tells me to run away as fast as I can
Highlight: I run straight into a gathering of every dragoon in travance
Lowlight: "You're no match for these guys... stay here with us!" (I mean, really liam, examine the logic of that sentence)
Highlight: I am now part of Dragoon Mod
Lowlight: I am now part of Dragoon Mod
Me: "I'm not supposed to be here!"
Mixolydia: *looking bug-eyed and scared* no, you're not supposed to be here!"

Epic RP on the part of Derrick getting my and Cameron's corpses back to the inn, just in the nick of time to save Erim a trip through the focus, but a bit too late for Leif.

Edit: Forgot my favorite moment!

Sitting in front of the fire -- Friday night? -- when Fail Dragoon (sorry Reona I don't know her actual name) and New Dreadlock Girl (what IS your name???) come in and sit down next to me.

The dragoon is crying, dreadlock girl is consoling her. This goes on for almost 10 minutes, much to Erim's annoyance. Finally, the dragoon stops crying, and sits quietly for a bit. Then...

Me: *raises her hood* "hey, aren't you the dragoon who hid under a table while Magnus and Sorel, the beloved heroes of the town, were brutally murdered in their sleep?"

Dragoon: *bursts out in fresh tears*

(yeah, I know, I'm a bad person. But what would YOU do if a dragon warrior came in and started crying like a 13 year old girl at a middle school dance???)

EDIT 2

oooooooooh! and how could I forget super awesome main mod? Judge you were freaking awesome! 3 cheers for Drega'mire, winning KR single-landedly :-P

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
Last edit: 22 Dec 2009 09:26 by .
22 Dec 2009 09:26 #21 by Father Zahir al Nawar (Zahir)
Replied by Father Zahir al Nawar (Zahir) on topic December Highlights
My highlights in no particular order...

A cup of hot sexual chocolate...mmmmm.
"Then stop clappin' yer fookin' 'ands!"
All Hail Emperor Cinder of Shanty Town!
Philosophical conversations about creation, water and two guys who went to go eat steak & eggs..
Hookah in the winter = WIN
No doesn't mean no. No means waylay.
Chronicler + Brazen = Good times had by most
Best wield faith lesson EVER!!
"Did you just do a fiddler on the roof mod?"

Father Zahir ibn Hatim al Nawar
Priest of Brazen

oog: Chris Ayala;
Monster Marshall
22 Dec 2009 10:30 #22 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic December Highlights
It was SO worth braving the snow and wet and cold for this event. Epic RP, fantastic mods, and so much hot chocolate and tea! I hardly know where I should start, so the beginning seems appropriate.

Pre-game
* NEW BODICE! Once again, and I will never tire of saying this, thank you SO MUCH to all my KR friends who plotted alongside Zach to get me the best Yule present ever!! XOXOXO
* Finding a real ROOM to sleep in! And right next to the heater, too. <3
* Stripping to the Pink Panther theme song (i love you crazy kids)

Friday
* Thank you Courage Mod, for confirming my long-held belief that KR has created the single best list for Bards that I've ever come across in any RPG, tabletop or otherwise. I have never been so thankful for Fanfare of Bold Action or Break Mind Control in my whole life! To punctuate the awesome of Courage Mod, my Instill Confidence trinket totally won the day. Watching Radu go from whimpering to eloquent was fantastically funny.  :D
* Elawyn's newfound respect for Remi made both Remi and myself quite thoroughly gleeful.
* YULE MIRACLES! Magnus walks and Brik talks. Awesomeness!
* Really great RP over IG politics and drama with Victor, especially considering where all of that led by the end of the event.
* Drinking Pompus Circumstance's thumb, only to wake up on the floor (where's that tolerance, Remi? Come onnnnn) and then singing dirty songs in the wee hours of the morning (sorry for keeping you up, Shanty-town!)
* Satyr-wine shennanigans. At least one person in town has learned that Remi has a thoroughly active sense of humor, especially when it comes to pranking pranksters.
* Speaking of Shanty-town, we came up with some great alternate names, including "Montgomerysville," and "The Gossamer Ghetto"

Saturday
* Getting to meet Father Dios, and learning lots of interesting things about church politics
* Humility mod, and the absurdity that Hamish (invariably) brings to the table. "I KNEW we shoulda brought perfume!"
* Watching Oakroot step up to the plate and take on so much responsibility. Auntie Remi is so proud of you, baby! *sob*
* Thank Andorra (and Gentleman Jas) that Remi missed the Honor mod. Watching Sorel bleed out would have been the opposite of fun.
* FEAST!!! seriously, so delicious!!!
* Getting serenaded during feast (again?!) Jas, you have an incredible voice.
* Post-feast IG politics and drama. You know, for a satyr, Remi cries an awful lot.
* Temperance mod!!! Cute little rock totem... thingies. Can we come back and visit soon? <3 Also, Mike Smith wins at roleplay.
* Yay for figuring out the bad guy's evil plans. Go team Erdrick.
* STIR FRY. Charlie, you're my hero. *HUG*
* More really great drama/politics RP post main mod.
* Wandering around as a spirit to discover that NO ONE is awake at 8AM on Sunday. Also, getting lots of really sad OOG looks when the blue headband got noticed.

Sunday
* Dr. West finding Remi with only minutes to spare before the Focus was necessary.
* They rolled a 5. On the bright side, Remi isn't blind due to insanity anymore. On the other hand, it'll be May before she's sane again. I'm so looking forward to crazytown RP, ohboy ohboy ohboy!

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
22 Dec 2009 10:39 - 22 Dec 2009 23:29 #23 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic December Highlights
THREE more that I forgot:
Feeding the stray wolf pups who wandered into the inn looking for somewhere warm. whoever NPCed that, you guys were ADORABLE.
Remi: (while feeding the wolf pups scraps of raw meat) "Awww.... can we keep them? Pretty please? 'Cause I wanna call this one Fluffy, and this one Snuggles!"

Blade. "I want learn to blow stunningly." I laughed so hard my face hurt.

And an extra special thanks to Katie for her part in making the delicious stir-fry, because I forgot to thank her the first time. XOXO!  :-*

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
Last edit: 22 Dec 2009 23:29 by .
  • JoDios
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • That guy with the muffin hat.
22 Dec 2009 10:43 #24 by JoDios (JoDios)
Replied by JoDios (JoDios) on topic December Highlights

Two things additional things:

Paladin - "Divine Flame?"
Antrim - "Yea, he's good."

---

Cinder - "I'm not a unique snowflake anymore..." 

Cinder looked so sad when he said it....

My real highlight was getting to come back for an event and see all my old friends and getting to roleplay with them again.  I was pretty happy to find out it was a druid based weekend as well.

Also, it was odd coming back and seeing so many new faces.  Hopefully I'll get to meet more of you when I return in the fall.

OOG: Jo
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
22 Dec 2009 10:54 #25 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic December Highlights
-No means waylay

-The "How does he do it?" conversation Apollo and I had concerning Sir Jackhammer.

-Getting mauled by Judge on main mod

-Overhearing the following:
Rubious?: "Oh, Baron, I'm glad to see you. I was beginning to worry you had been kidnapped by ninjas!"
Unknown Female: "But Lethias has been stuck in vines for at least the last 15 minutes"

-4 Secret Mods, a new record

-Explaining on Sunday that I could have taken on the entire Khitan Demon-Hunting house alone thanks to the inverse law of ninjas.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
  • Portia
  • Thank Yous: 2
22 Dec 2009 11:16 #26 by Portia (estark01)
Replied by Portia (estark01) on topic December Highlights
Highlights in no particular order:

- Throwing rocks into the icy lake with Hamish
- Talkin' 'bout Chronicler, Brazen, and the nature of truth
- Hookah, and all the hijinks that surround it.
- Kirking out because so many people are irate towards Portia.
- Watching the fire and unfreezing my toes.
- Blade, just in general. Because it cold.

Portia "Nosy McGee" Rom, Chroniclerite
22 Dec 2009 13:58 #27 by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai)
Replied by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai) on topic December Highlights
I have to say for an event I expected to have less going on due to cold weather, there was so much that happened this event!

Major Highlight was all of the great Role-Playing this event, the cold weather really seems to bring it out.
Snow that really set the scene for the weekend.

Friday Highlights:
-Tom Odo - A special thanks for picking me up from Dover Train Station.
-Arriving late friday but not late enough to miss the get our butt's kicked by super-druids mod.
-An exhange between Sam and I on the way to druid mod:
    Erdrick: "So your my second Squire you know that right?"
    Me, completely struck in-character and internally jumping up and down like a 3 year old, "Oh?"   
    Erdrick, "Well... as long as you dont turn it down, but who'd be crazy enough to do that?"
-Courage Mod and Remi for the win.

Saturday:
-Sleeping in and lazily hanging out in my room with folks until noon.
-Immediately being promoted to "Kitchen Bitch" and doing a damn good job at it. Liz your amazing to hang out with!
-Feast
-NPCing rock children and playing Tag with Magnus. Some of the most fun I've ever had on a mod. and the PC's didn't even swing damage.
-Mike Smith, the Christopher Lee of Voices for NPC's.
-NPCing Main Mod. as a fire elemental with an excessive use of Wall of Fire.

Sunday:
-Waking up too Erdrick saying, "How did you get a bed?" and my response, "A gypsy gave it to me?" (Which happened Saturday morning also, thank you Angel and Katie! I was 2 inches too tall for that desk which equaled pain...)
-Toravisu's amazing hot chocolate. I want a St. Bernard to carry a brandy barrel full of this stuff into battle to revive fallen characters in winter.
-Toravisu named "Hot Chocolateer of Kaladonia" by Erdrick.
-Khitan Demon-Summoner Plot and our small strike force working so well together.
-Role-playing that followed, thanks to everyone who "Thickened the Plot" by working against the mysterious Khitan NPC.

Low-lights:
-Desk Bed
-10 Hours of Train travel total though I was glad to be on a train instead of on the roads when everything started to freeze sunday night.

OOG: -Adam C. Schaeffer
  • Inajira
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 22
22 Dec 2009 14:32 #28 by Inajira (Inajira)
Replied by Inajira (Inajira) on topic December Highlights
I would have to say one of the more memorable moments from this event is everyone pitching together to help me learn blind fighting and garroting Emily G in the neck boob.

Also beating up Tom T. wearing a Voldemort mask.

;)

Emily
(ps. also I never remember to log in under my name)

Angus Grumblegut
  • Miso
22 Dec 2009 16:43 #29 by Miso (rafael45)
Replied by Miso (rafael45) on topic December Highlights
Friday- going out to save the dragoons, only to find out they were already back at the inn by the time we got out there.
walking in on Magnus coming back to life, gasp  :o
Saturday- fun with satyr wine high five Remi  ;). great RP at the air mod. grats to Oakroot for a job well done.
feast was awesome
NPC shift after feast- had so much fun playing break limb tag as the rock kids. main mod was awesome! "OK so we have Aslan,Voldermort,Pazuzu, and.....that snow leopard guy..."
P.S. to all monster marshals- do not give me the skill jump or leap, i will never get killed. :D
market fair was fun as always.
low lights- over 30gold stolen from me at market fair, not being able to find Shen to learn Tao.

over all great event, and always good to see new players

May the spirits guide your path
Miso
(OOG Rafael Mayorga)
  • Lina Marinescu
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Only the curious have something to find
  • Thank Yous: 78
22 Dec 2009 18:33 #30 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi)
Replied by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi) on topic December Highlights
It was great to make new friends and see old ones!

Friday:
- Chatting with Mother Portia
- Wandering around trying to find trouble
- Maligno Mod, IG trying to remember everything to tell Balthizar, OOG, laughing at Zach for leaving

Saturday:
- Coming out as our NPCs and meeting people from a new perspective
-Rolling my eyes every time Dave's NPC started telling tall tales
- Brik: "Where are you from?" Dave: "Uh, other side of the rift" "Yeah, where" "I don't remember?" "How about you?" Me: "My memories fuzzy too" Moral of the story? Make sure you know where your NPCs hail from before you go out!
- Feast... ugh
- BTW, Nadi, I think you mean, thank you KATIE and Charlie for your food  ;)
- Showering while everyone is out on Main mod and sleep

Sunday:
-Trying to remember all my info for Damien's Khitanese mod
- Coming into the Inn and not being able to understand anyone
- Laughing at Remi's horns, and her response "There's nothing funny about my horns!"

Over all, a great event. Learning new skills from new people and enjoying the RP

See you all in January!

IG- Lina Marinescu
OOG- Katie M.- Lead Monster Marshal

The stalwart soul has the will to live and is eager for the race ~Taylor Caldwell

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.832 seconds