December Highlights

22 Dec 2009 18:49 #31 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic December Highlights
This event was a lot of fun for me, and I just wanted to give some thanks to the people that made it happen.

First and foremost to Judge, as this was our brainchild together.  He was always there to bounce ideas back and forth with and without him, it wouldn't have been possible.  Plus, he ran around and hung out in trees as a snow leopard.  Who the hell does that?

A huge thanks to Wally for coming through and playing the most important role of the weekend.  I think he did an awesome job rolling with the punches, even when he got found out and we had to change things up on the fly.

I also want to give big ups to Tom and Balls Mahoney for playing Voldemort and Zazu respectively.  We had to spend an unbelievable amount of time waiting in / fighting in / laying in the snow, and they didn't complain.  Too much.

On that note, another huge thanks to all the NPCs that played various elementals, natures heralds, and giant birds throughout the weekend.  It was bitterly cold and they were often asked to stand around and wait for the PCs to get to the mod locations and they took it all in stride.

Big thanks to Quagz, Kate, Chris, and Mike for playing the Spirit Elders.  Each of them seriously stepped their roles up to another level that perfectly personified the virtue they were representing.  I think they did an outstanding job, and everyone seemed to love the jobs that they did.

B.Rizzle, for coming through at the last minute to play the Dark Elf for us.  Even when he had already put on all the makeup and we almost had to nix the part, he took it like a champ.

And lastly, a huge thanks to all the storytellers, especially Andy, who worked with me to make sure that this weekend would go smoothly and be as much fun for everyone as possible.

xoxoxo
Skimmel

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
  • Pierce
  • Thank Yous: 0
22 Dec 2009 23:08 #32 by Pierce (Pierce)
Replied by Pierce (Pierce) on topic December Highlights
Reconnecting with some old friends I haven't seen in a few years.

Learning to brawl from a local patron of the inn as well as random shenanigans as Hans the barbarian.

All of the Judge/Skimmel mods

Not only not being slaughtered by townspeople while playing wolves looking for warmth, but also being fed by them...and of course getting scratched behind the ears. Those is good people.

Thoroughly enjoying myself despite the cold weather, thanks to everyone who made it a great event.

OOG:
Pierce
  • creed
  • Thank Yous: 0
02 Jan 2010 01:20 #33 by creed (creed)
Replied by creed (creed) on topic December Highlights

Great time, in many ways my favorite game so far.  Even though a lot of the people I usualy come with/ interact with weren't there, it gave me a chance to hang out with other people who rock both in and out of character.
highlights in no order:
Dragoons rock my world.
Hanging out down by the lake at night.
Borrowing Hamish's coat made of sunshine and win.  Lauren is magical buy her stuff!
Not missing most of the mods by a few minutes as I've done in the past, and feeling super hardcore for hanging out in the snow.
Mckreagar-Mcbane smack talk.
arguing with Leif about why he shouldn't kill all the mages.
Bicomi:  *to me and Leif*  Where are you two going?
Me:...we'll tell you when you're older *run off into the woods*
teaching the npc sent in to start a bar fight how to brawl
"Dragonforce"... if you don't know don't ask.
best main mod I've been to so far.
surpassing Billium in the number of insanitys I now how.
npcing the troll-goblin caroling bergade
Being homesick and latching onto Leif...having that turn into some fantastic inapropreatness and inuendo only a celt and a barbarian could pull off.
Magnus laughing crazily as he killed undead saturday night...So glad he's back  
bacon mod
lecturing leif on running off into saturday night undead fight battle and almost getting killed, then running off into battle and almost getting killed, wash and repeate about 4 times before we decided we should move into the kitchen so as not to be tempted.

USE THE DRAGON FORCE

Creed Z'ero

"Can there Truly Be Good Without Evil"

OOG: Christian Fusaro
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.487 seconds