April Event

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
22 Apr 2013 08:45 #1 by geezer (geezer)
April Event was created by geezer (geezer)
In no particular order

Business arrangement with Wormwood.

Researching new Sorcery ritual. If you want someone to do research on an immediate problem, I amnot your guy, but if it s a year long project, with nuances, set-backs, and maybe some day some sort of success, I make a terrier seem laid back.

Gideon "I have to do two extensions. I'm heading to the Mages' Guild."
Me "It would be better to do them in Pendarvin."
Gideon "No, everything I need is there."
Me "It really would be better to to them in Pendarvin."

Gideon continues to the guild and I, along with two others, with him.
He misses his roll by 1.
Me "Pendarvin has an item that bestows plus one to your cap."
Gideon "Why didn't you tell me that?"
What we had here was a failure to communicate, to quote Cool Hand Luke.

Pendarvin Spring Festival - all had a good time - will festival again.
So much chicken, but it gives an idea for a future feast.

New player "Excuse me, do you know anything about magic?"
Me "A little"
New player "Could you point me to someone who knows more than a little?"

Teaching the usual suspects and a few unusual ones.

Necrmantic inquiry. Making a judgement for the Guild in he absence of the Guildmaster.

Realizing a few things that have changed outwardly, but are still the same where it matters.

The first of Edwin's delights being returned.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
22 Apr 2013 11:25 #2 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic April Event
This weekend was another great event.

Guard patrols, they are always full of fun. Thanks Cree for the marching beat. :-)
Pendarvin festival. That chicken was fantastic!!!
Battling the illusion deck was great! I love fighting magical arena fights like that.
Repel lesson with misaki, just like the old days.
Being completely outmatched in the sword tournament. I may have lost but major props to him for having such speed.
Talking to rogues about rogues code as an investigating guard. Assassins tend to bring us together.
Feast was INCREDIBLY tasty.
Six minute witch hunter meeting, I wish more political meetings were over that fast.
Finally got my chain mail made IG, plus the first battle I fought in it was against four greater undead at the same time. Hurray for being a witch hunter!

Sunday
After a lot of forgetting I finally remembered to buy an electrum sword for a new witch hunter player.
Watching people place bets to fight an elemental, again fights like these are always entertaining for everyone around.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Maralas
  • Thank Yous: 124
22 Apr 2013 12:14 #3 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Replied by Maralas (adamdrew3) on topic April Event
So much went on for me this event, I hope I can remember it all.

Friday Night: attending to the Baroness during the new player introduction and her midnight meeting. Then tagging along when the 'delegation' of Elves showed up . . . wondering, "What is going on?" all during the questioning and being proud of the Baroness for keeping her cool. Getting poisoned and almost dieing. Angeliana saving me!

Saturday: Making potions at market fair, learning from Rudolf and assisting Rana. Heading to the Pendarvin festival, Watching Sir Sylus fighting . . . man, he's fast! An impromptu visit to the blessing of St. Astrid mass. Then the Elven Delagation from the Sylvan Queen. OMG!!! The Voice was perfect!!!! Beautiful costuming, awesome acting! I had fun serving strawberries and crackers to everyone as we walked around. Getting a chance to talk to people I had not talked to before! Chatting with GinGinny, and trying to comfort Keavy (sorry if I spelled that wrong). Then a great feast!

NPC: Wandering around drunk and getting into a little trouble.

Sunday: getting some time to have calm conversations with folks. Learning a few more potions. Then squishing a bunch of people before heading home.

This was my favorite event thus far!

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

OOG: Rebecca Hines

Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rana Crestingstar (Rana), Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart), Angeliana (Angeliana), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), GinGinny GinRum (Pyai), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
22 Apr 2013 12:57 #4 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic April Event
Don't do these that often.

Friday Night:
-Intro mod. My NPC's thanks for sticking it out in the rain to bring the new players some fun RP
-Getting to the barons manor and as someone says they're a ranger, Magnus pointing at Caelvan, "This is one of the best rangers in town". Matt you have no idea how surprised Caelvan was to hear that
-Hearing that there is a elven delegation and running to catch up, sit through a meeting that seemed to go on for quite a while, and all the poisons, we need a tracker! Well time to prove that compliment that Magnus gave to be an hour before this.

Saturday Morning:
-Pissed off druid, knowing what it was about before hand didn't take away a bit of it. Shannon you were perfect for that role, and props to all the wolves as well
-Pendarvin festival, was very entertaining and with the elementals showing up even
-Getting back from Tower mod and hearing another elven delegation showed up and running to catch up all the while thinking "here we go again"
-After Main mod a dark druid mod, well corrupted bears turned out to be dark druids....crap

Tower Mod
-To the new players on that this is what makes doing this a treat every month. Your reactions to the mimics were priceless and couldn't have asked for anything else
-Was the first time people made it out without being knocked out

Main Mod
-Before leaving teaching Cinder how to be a Cavalier, and him giving me insight on how to teach it to the next person that asks me
-Meeting everyone and getting told "you're leading with Squire Udhir" Sweet get to see what this new squire is capable of.
-Helping Ardin cope with the sudden shove of responsibility
-Alchemist taking all of my mauls and still standing in the end. What?!
-Reanimation of Alchemist, what is this guy made out of? Poison.

Sunday:
-Air elemental duel. Maul, win in 10 seconds
-Trolls, all the mauls to help a lizardkin......okay then

See you all next time!

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
22 Apr 2013 13:43 #5 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic April Event
Spent a lot of time just working on personal stuff, and then spent the rest of the weekend just messing around to help deal with the stress rather than dealing with the town's problems. Thusly, my highlights are brief this month, but I had a great deal of fun and was wowed by everyone.

Friday night conversations with Tsoli. Very much looking forward to taking all of that rp to the next step.

Finally having time to play blackjack and enjoy myself instead of running around like a nut.

A wild Carlos appears!

Sunday was absolutely wonderful. Thanks to Almat for sharing the hookah and giving me the perfect place to read Tarot. And thanks to everybody who let me read for them. Always some of my favorite rp. Though this month, I don't think anybody actually *liked* what I told them. Sorry guys! I calls 'em like I sees 'em!

And to the new witch hunter I read for: congratulations. I have never, ever had to turn down a reading for anyone before, and I've certainly never had to stop one half way through. First time for everything!

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Keavy (Dani)
22 Apr 2013 15:13 - 24 Apr 2013 14:42 #6 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic April Event
When I started this post, I had so many things, I couldn't figure out what to write. I'm sure I'll think of more later.
Friday:

All the senior townsfolk who braved the rain and the newly formed lakes just to show us around.

Loudly and messily devouring the food provided by the Baroness when she greated us.

An interestingly personal Gaian Mass followed by Gypsy story telling.

Oh, and Caelvan - as you ended up mentoring that Ranger (my wife) and teaching her Tracking, I think Magnus was spot on!

Saturday:
The general atmosphere of the bar and the feast was wonderful. Both OOG and IG i enjoyed the performances a lot.

Seeing the elven dignitaries slightly delaying their departure so we could give them brownies made us laugh...even more so when they took the time to explain that they weren't trying to offend us by casting purify food and drink on them...

During my NPC shift, there was one moment I really, really enjoyed. We approached a very powerful camp of people (I'm sorry, i don't really know anyone's names), and a few approached us. "Oh! Rats." they said, drawing weapons and spell packets. "Actually, you see swarms of rats" one of us replied. At that point they shouted something on the lines of "Oh hell, everyone get back", and started fleeing into the cabins. I saw more uses of hiding, climbing, jumping, and other forms of getting the heck away from us than I ever expected or saw when playing far more powerful monsters. While the dispatched us of course, the role playing and interactions of the enounter were just so much fun.

Also as an NPC, while I was playing a wolf for the Dryad encounter, there was one character who just would not shut up, and kept digging the group deeper and deeper into a hole. They ended up breaking him, tying him up, and I THINK trying to send him back to town. He made me laugh so hard it was tricky to stay wolfy.

Learning to hit things with sticks with my new Druid Brother Eric (and his turtle Walter), in front of an audience. Our teacher (Kwildar) was quite descriptive and made the lession both OOG and IG useful as well as entertaining.

I have NO idea how the lady in White remained clean during that main mod event. Puddles and mud every 2 feet, and she's spotless.

Sunday:
Trying to go help a group with a cave, and instead running across a special boar. We we all ready to kill it, when it almost ran itself off a cliff, and then got stuck in the brambles. Instead of killing it, we befriended it, germinated some mushrooms for it, and sent it on its way. It was strangely satisfying.

Hearing that my fellow new arrival (I'm sorry I can't remember his character name) had bested the Mage's air elemental in one on one combat.

Having Valentine (I think it was you, sorry If I'm mixing it up) purchase us breakfast because someone did the same for him when he was new. This lead to an amazing conversation about his business and a potential new venture he was considering for used furnature.

A wonderful lesson in Identifying compounds that was extremely informative, and really opend my eyes into possible paths for my character that I had not really considered.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Last edit: 24 Apr 2013 14:42 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor). Reason: Added Kwildar's name as our staff teacher. Credit where credit is due.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), GinGinny GinRum (Pyai), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
22 Apr 2013 15:25 #7 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic April Event
An interesting event for me this month! Definitely set up for some things which may or may not end up good or bad in the future.

FRIDAY:

Spent most of my time in the Library with Cypher and other scholars. Always makes her consider becoming one
After months of heated hostility and insults Ava's friendship with Cypher is starting to blossom again... in a weird threatening to gut each other way.
Finally having a conversation with Wormwood after many dismissive stares over the last few months. Nothing bad happened there but mostly watched new and want to be chaos warriors harass him to teach him. Certainly triggered memories of harassing him to teach her. Also reminding her that she would soon need to harass him again to teach her..
Also, apparently Ava is not at all amused by assassins.

SATURDAY:

I played Circenniel for a very short period of time that morning, but got to meet Keavy and Anhil and some others. When being asked if she was sylvan responding "Mostly" and asking Keavy if there has been any drow in town only to get an explanation of understanding why she would be cautious. Took a lot of self restraint to not blow her secret to a potential new friend!

Back as Ava it was a lot like the early days for her, which meant following Jack Cypher around.
Lots of walks in the woods.
Being asked her opinion on Ostcliff political matters, being blatantly honest.
Assassins attacking me and the few scholars I was with, only secured for Ava how much she hates them. Also was slightly annoyed with herself that she didn't figure it out sooner, normally her paranoia would lead her to be extremely distrusting.

Ava getting a little less crazy...for now.... but still thanks to Dr. Maxwell for repeatedly scolding her for trying to have mental combat with Demons even though Ava is still convinced that she can beat them.

Being continuously praised for behaving herself.

Helping in a courage lesson and licking faces.

Jack and Ava's "Do you miss me" converation. Ava becoming confused about the outcome.

Ava being reminded at least twice an event that she likes to paint her face as a demon. Being confused on how the look isn't attractive.

Undead attack at Ostcliff, Ava walks out of the the statehouse and sees the fighting.
"What are we fighting?"
"They appear to be undead"
"Oh, well I'll be inside the statehouse then"
Ava likes to fight, but knows when nothing she can do will work, not to bother wasting her energy on killing them slowly.

Sunday:

NPC shift and taking it easy since I abused my foot/ankle a lot during the weekend, but I did enjoy being a mushroom and a merchant who had all her wares purchased in less than five minutes.

Overall really fun! I hope to make it to next event :)

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
22 Apr 2013 16:20 #8 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic April Event
My top five highlights, in order of occurrence.

A wild James appears! *uses payday, it was super effective*

The reactions to the pork boats!

Blockus looking like a pretty, pretty princess.

The army of Ben running the show for four hours!

Operation: The mod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
22 Apr 2013 16:52 - 22 Apr 2013 16:55 #9 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic April Event
Lets see if I can remember all of what happened haha.

FRIDAY:
LM shift. So. Many. Late. New Players... x_x
Returning to Travance to have to deal with Keavy's nearly adopted daughter Alicia drunk on the couch and finding out Wormwood forced her to drink.
Sharing/coerced into having a drink with Wormwood and Jade. A drunk Wormwood is still just as nerve-racking to deal with as a sober Wormwood.
Having Orion be my buddy throughout the weekend. :)
Wytchwood infected people mod. Don't eat the giant grapes! The seeds inside them are moving!
Cthulu-esque swarm of bugs that Chuck played infesting inside Keavy. Fun for me, gross for Keavy!
Staying up all night with friends. Maybe I should just be a witch hunter haha!

SATURDAY:
Deciding it was too cold and that a fire had to be made. Jonas Kane should pay Keavy for the amount of times she has tended to the Dragon's Claw Inn Fireplace!
Wolves, wolves, and more wolves. Keavy has 17 wolves in a pack now! Good thing she's found some people to come help her build a bigger den for them :)
In between the wolf drama, trying to help with something in the barn only to get hit with sleep blade poison. Smiling OOG hearing the debate between Augustus trying to protect Keavy from someone who wanted to kill her to drain the poison and claim Augustus was the one trying to kill her!
Finding the Druid who was angry about the wolves being killed. Handling it with care but also making a foolish promise to be scolded by Lady Elawyn about later. Tears were shed as well though.
Body Block lesson with Orion.
Sylvan delegation/ march through the town. Interesting.
Festivities at Pendarvin and the monastery reminding me of the week in the life.
Teaching Christine's new alt Strength+1. I felt so baaaaad, but she didn't seem to mind!
A strange half-lesson for Verill with Wormwood.
Being told before feast that I would be shadowing Lady Elawyn in the fight that night for my final Master Warrior lesson. Scary!!
Feast!

MAIN MOD:
Welp.
Being super duper battle ready and following Lady Elawyn around only to hear the dreadfully difficult mechanics of the higher level mod which made my(and keavy's) heart drop. Ship mod was scary for a level 22! Keavy tried to help as much as she could but was then told to abandon ship. (Which I thought meant leave the mod entirely, only to my misinterpretation of Kristen's words.)
Finding the mid level mod and nearly get assassinated. Freak out mode: ON!
Fallout waiting for Elawyn to finish the trapped area with Danny and Oren. Happy Foxawyn found much gold.
I'm a master warrior!...?

SUNDAY:
Nice and relaxing time talking about wolves to a new witch hunter Rain (sp?), teaching Orion Cleave, meeting some new druids, having some hookah with Almat, Boryev, and Carlotta, and having fortunes read with Boryev and Carlotta as well. Lots of nice RP by all :)

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
Last edit: 22 Apr 2013 16:55 by Keavy (Dani).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
22 Apr 2013 17:55 - 22 Apr 2013 18:28 #10 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic April Event
Orias Wormwood Fan Club Mod.
That happened.
--

"Ginamara, Dixolydia, Zobar, and Snide"
--

"I want to find Cartagus Cane's lost treasure so I can stare at his pile of coppers and then go spend that ten gold that's already in my pocket" -Lord Aleister
--

Damned if I can remember his name, but to the young man who basically said "FEAST BARDS ARE SQUARES" at Layon--the friendly "come at me bro" RP that sort of blossomed out of that between our characters and carried through the entire event was awesome. Props. I hope to see more of you.
--

"Hold. You see a portal open up. three two one layon"
*out falls Tic-Tac-Toe and Dame Yahtzi*
--

Fogram: "Ok, Croínamara, open the child coffin."
--

Shannon's NPC Dryad. So well done. As much as i'm terrified to see you again, I can't wait to see you again.
--

Scooting away and constantly being brought back by Orion and Lorelai as one of the grapevine npcs
That whole thing was adorable bahhahahah
--

Lord Na: "I want you to write a song. And I want it performed tonight."
RIGHT. OK. GOT IT. JAMES. STALL FOR ME. NEEDZ MOAR PUNZ.
--

Chuck Davies and Matt Magnus, I induct you both into The Order of Right Place, Right Time.

--

A thousand thank yous to Jen W. and everyone at Winterdark.

--

Singing "Home Again" for Elawyn, having my back to her the whole time, hearing everyone sing along, and finally seeing her face and hugging her. My heart was going to jump out of my throat.

OOG, It was really nerve wracking to perform that, as anything that isn't a drinking song is usually a dicy idea, but from what I gathered, it was well received, and the RP that slowly began trickling out of it from SOOO many different PC's was amazing. I really was not expecting that. Thank you, everyone. You are all so lovely <3
--

Pissing off Orias. Bonding with Jade.

--

"Get your salsa out of my peanut butter." - Steve Oros

--

EVERYONES REACTIONS TO THE FINGER PUPPETS :D :D :D

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 22 Apr 2013 18:28 by Croínamara (Jen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Alex (Wormwood), Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli), Angeliana (Angeliana), Maralas (adamdrew3)
  • Valdex Tenebras
  • Let the Chaos reign free and control your thoughts
  • Thank Yous: 10
22 Apr 2013 18:16 - 22 Apr 2013 21:16 #11 by Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras)
Replied by Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras) on topic April Event
Friday night: Finally met Alicia whom Val had heard so much about. Taking care of a small group of Chaos Warriors late at night in the Inn by Altering one and using fear on a second while watching the third run as he had no allies left. Val was very proud of himself for that one.

Saturday: Swarm of poisonous bugs and an altered Wormwood? Certainly one way to wake yourself up after staying up all day. Encountering fake Andorins (All Alicia's fault for bringing Val along. Oh well) Enjoying the food and tournament in Pendarvin and helping Reese teach Verrill Courage via very unorthodox means and watching Wormwood whisper into the man's ear. Also achieved the goal of speaking to Wormwood about learning under him. Val was given a new diet to bulk up and was told to see him next moon (Quite excited about that)

Sunday: Saying goodbye to Val's newly acquired friends with promises of seeing each other again

IG: Valdex A. Tenebras, Vassal of Drega'Mire
================
OOG: Cameron Wallace
===================
"Pain, Misery, and Despair. All of these are crucial parts of life. Which will you enjoy the most?"
Last edit: 22 Apr 2013 21:16 by Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
22 Apr 2013 18:30 #12 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie)
Replied by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie) on topic April Event
This was an awesome event for many reasons! In no particular order:

-Slogging around in the rain on the new player tour and the horrible noise the necromancer made when I killed it. Getting NPC character cards instead of gold was a little odd, though.

-Standing in the back of the inverted tower cleaning crew with the Aela and destroying NPC's as soon as a fire lane opens. I don't envy getting shot with two boffer arrows/bolts at the same time. Thanks for being good sports about that, NPC's!

-Having words with a "tree hugging smith" for shattering my crossbow because I shot a rat Sunday morning. Benjamin was not happy about that in the slightest!

-Killing goblins with 1 shot on the new player mods. Ogres, however, were slightly tougher to bring down.

-The reaction I kept getting OOG to my crossbow. I got a ton of lucky shots off but couldn't shoot Bat Cooper's hat to save my life!

-NPC shift as bandits. We go to rob Alisandria but somehow get blessed into submission and walk away as our friends get torn to ribbons.

-As skeletons, wandering into the inn to get killed in no time flat. Right before the last of us falls, the captain of the guard comes bounding over tables "MAKE ROOM FOR MAGNUS!" The disappointment in his voice was palpable when the last one skeleton died before he could swing at it.

OOG: Chris
IG: Benjamin Daimler
IG: Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
22 Apr 2013 18:42 #13 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic April Event
Another highlight:

The PC who was captured by the torturers. I felt so bad because it was his first event, but he was such a good sport about it. Seriously, I did not get your name, but you were awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
22 Apr 2013 18:50 - 22 Apr 2013 18:57 #14 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic April Event
So much awesome that I am still processing it all. But I think I can nail down some high points.

Friday

-Really good role playing on Friday night. You know who you are.
-Late in the night I make my way down to the Baroness' manor, open the door to the common room and am nearly killed by THE STARE OF THE BARONESS. Ok, I'd interrupted a meeting between the Baroness and the fake elven delegation... so bad on me. I quietly slipped back outside and watched to make sure nobody else suffered the same fate.
-"Poison Bomb: Withering Death Poison" times a LOT.
-I got to assist in the interrogation, sort of. I mean as much as one can when the interrogation is done by a Healer who doesn't want to hurt anyone.
-I actually stayed up past 3 am!

Saturday

-up early, setup for market faire. I had a LOT of people come by and get gems appraised. This makes me very happy. Also I didn't have to resort to my cheat sheet once.
-then ... NPC time.

---- I got to play the High Priest of Selandrius. My first time as an elf. Major props to Ben for this NPC duty and to the other players who helped out. It was super fun seeing everyone react to us walking around. We got mixtures of stares, questioning looks and hands on weapons. The few times that we had to call HOLD you could feel everyone tense up and as we walked around camp it seemed like we acquired EVERYONE in our entourage. Crazy!
---- Quildar "I would like to offer you the chance to say the blessing before the feast" me: "Certainly" (Oh crap... what am I going to say?)
---- HOLD "POP" 3.2.1... lay on during feast. I was trying to figure out how to tell everyone that the box had just appeared and it seemed like the simplest method!

-- Going on Main Mod for the first time.
-- Wormwood: (referring to me) "He's not much of a fighter" <Someone else came to my defense> "Sure he is, look at his armor" Me: "Actually I'm with Orias on this one... Despite this hard exterior I'm not much of a fighter"

Sunday

- Breakfast --- yes, that was me that bought you breakfast Caldor, you are most welcome and I'm glad I made an impression
- "Excuse me Augustus ... you're a charming man... can you teach me how to be like that?" Great lesson!

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
Last edit: 22 Apr 2013 18:57 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus (OEBlaze), Angeliana (Angeliana), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Valdex Tenebras
  • Let the Chaos reign free and control your thoughts
  • Thank Yous: 10
22 Apr 2013 18:50 #15 by Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras)
Replied by Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras) on topic April Event

Elric_Ashby wrote: Another highlight:

The PC who was captured by the torturers. I felt so bad because it was his first event, but he was such a good sport about it. Seriously, I did not get your name, but you were awesome!

Out of game his name is Antone, IG he's Eric Duplin. It was his absolute favourite part of the event and my PC was severely pissed of and went on a hunt when he turned up again haha

IG: Valdex A. Tenebras, Vassal of Drega'Mire
================
OOG: Cameron Wallace
===================
"Pain, Misery, and Despair. All of these are crucial parts of life. Which will you enjoy the most?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
22 Apr 2013 19:31 - 22 Apr 2013 20:46 #16 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic April Event
Shannon's Dryad turned out MUCH better than I hoped. For once, Travance tried to talk their way out of a problem. Then, to the PC that kept ranting about wanting to kill wolves... Perfect Cast Maul! The reactions of everyone ranged from "Thank you" to "Oh crap!"

Keavy's promise and another PC's plan involving the wolves and Dryad.

Fending off four Devils int eh monastery, only to realize theres a mythal up against them...

Deciding against picking up Smith to start shooting for Divine Ceremonies.

Becoing a New Player Marshal and then being tossed in the mix to escort New Players on Intro mod. Had an amazing time, and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Learning more and more that the new players are the people that are most crucial to this game. And one in particular proving that it's not about what skills you have, but how you role play. So for the player that was part of "Operation: The Mod", I thank you.

Edit:
Steve: "How do you Drood?" and Cappy's face in reaction.

Blockus: "It's St. Astrid's Day, A******"

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Last edit: 22 Apr 2013 20:46 by Matt D (MattD).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Croínamara (Jen)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
22 Apr 2013 20:09 #17 by Croínamara (Jen)
OH I FORGOT!

Kid dying of withering and mother crying and i TOTALLY GOT TO USE REQUIEM FOR THE DEAD and for a good long while too. SO lucky that Frank walked by, as he was probably the only person, in game, who knew my song and knew I wasn't healing, i was stalling.

Awesome to that kid and mom npc duo or trio. You guys were excellent.
Like, honest panic. Gorgeous rp. I hope to see you guys around more often! :D

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Faila (Faila)
22 Apr 2013 20:26 - 22 Apr 2013 21:17 #18 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic April Event
-"Ilana? Why did you just come through a portal with a group of demons!?" "Because I was killing them of course!" Ilana returns to Travance after crazy adventures.

-Ilana teaming up with unexpected allies for awesome magic times? Possibly.

-Two Assassins trying to gank Ilana in the woods: priceless.

-Wytchwood Grapevines can go to hell. Seriously.

-Pendarvin party went great!

-Hill Giants in the proper? That's clearly not right. The reason the Hill Giant appeared was concerning to say the least. Especially considering the guests who were in the feast hall at the time.

-Completely in awe over the Selendrian ambassadors. The High Priest willing to help Ilana out! I have to admit, a little excited over that.

-Scholar/Assassin mod- Thank goodness my paranoia levels are healthy. So glad Danny decided to stay. Also going through most of my higher list defenses in two minutes was kind of fun and terrifying. I spent the rest of the morning wanting a guard because I was more than sure I was going to die horribly. Afterwards someone goes "Whoa, James can fight!?" It was pretty amusing.

-Adopted a wildmage :D Had so much fun RP and teaching him how to control magic a bit better and stuff.

-At least five burials this event. Ilana wasn't very good with words, but she can only hope her sincerity made up for that.

-Watching a halfling jump into a portal for funsies. *facepalm*

-Ilana shouldn't listen to dragoons. It's going to get her in trouble (But, she'll probably enjoy it at least)

-Trying to reanimate a golem. Didn't know it was a golem to be fair. But it's okay, I got a book on those :D /research!

-Sorel DeVirr (and how he is *never* allowed to wear that combination of outfit again D: )

-All the new players I interacted with were pretty neat.

-"Why am I a better ____ than you?" "Because you're not a wildmage" "That makes sense... I'm sorry" That sentence applied to several conversations.

-Alicia's poor friend Eric. He needed all the hugs.

-Angelica totally assisting with curing Aleister.

-I haven't seen Aiden in a loooong time *Later on, Aiden appears!*

-I enjoy the fact that every time over the past years Ilana sees Aahz she instantly skips over to give him a great big hug. I wish there were other people she could express her happiness to see every time (there's a few, but not ones she dare hug or ones she's sure aren't as happy to see her)

-Xanifer (sp?) Poor guy.

-'Elawyn's song' sung by Croi and the others.

-Got caught singing. Damn it.

-The 'ambassador' and his daughter Sunday morning.

NPC Highlight:

Misaki/Devil battle. Happy Birthday Cy ;) lol

That weird dream everyone in the monastery had where they were attacked by Devils. But it totally didn't happen (>__>)
--

-Birthday/dragoon birthday party next month? I can get behind that. Need to start finding out what kind of cake(s?) to make (Dragoons, pay attention!)

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 22 Apr 2013 21:17 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
22 Apr 2013 20:53 #19 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic April Event

-The 'ambassador' and his daughter Sunday morning.

That was awesome! Thanks for reminding me!

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
22 Apr 2013 21:11 #20 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic April Event
Quick recap - much good happened and yet I feel like I missed big things somehow!

Friday:
Getting ready to come back into town at the 'Gate's Rest' (new players), and suddenly hearing Anhil's voice. Lorelai walking out with a small smirk and a "thought I recognized that voice" moment. Anhil's eyes lighting up.

Getting hugs from several people and having Croi help rescue me from the loud, boisterous bar. Just because I'm not crazy doesn't mean I'm not -kind of- crazy.

Meeting Alicia and deciding it's Lorelai's job to protect young innocent naive little healers who get drunk from strangers. And calling Bat Cooper over to lecture said stranger since Lor isn't on the guard now.

Saturday:
Middle of the night, swarm of bugs in our tent. My teeth are chattering while fighting them (Ib has a polearm and didn't have to get out of the blankets)...so he puts up an Earthen wall and we rescue Alexander (Christian) and go back to sleep. Apparently that fight continued for some time after.

Getting to help on new player camp, though when like 40 people came (ANHIL!!) I knew I'd be doing a lot of falling down and getting up. This turned out to be more than expected, though I did get all the way to the healers in the confusion.

Asking Lady Elawyn and Lord Erdrick about vassaling. I didn't -mean- for that conversation to happen at the Pendarvin festival, I just didn't want to miss the chance when I had to run to mass. But yay for finally finding a home! Maybe next month they'll bring their script for vassal vows.

In the bar - Anhil tells someone her ears are too round to be his type. Lor jokingly (and loudly) laments that their love can never last. Beat. Anhil: "...aren't you engaged still?" Lor: "SEE! He's coming up with excuses. Poor me!" Syn: "Um, but you are" Lor: "Shut up."

The panicked looks from people on Saturday afternoon upon seeing Lor's scar. I always have it on, it just gets washed out by rain a lot! Then finding out that people thought something had happened out of game, and were embarrassed when I said "It happened a year and a half ago!" and they thought I meant OOG. Sorry! Thanks to Ben Kaplan for helping make it awesome!

Croi making me cry at feast with that song. Feeling like Travance -was- home, and then feeling bad for it.

Throughout the event, telling people "Mom made bread for me to share...but I ate it." The road from Lotra is long.

Excited about getting my first master warrior lesson soon!

Also, Croi, what grapevine huh? Either I'm forgetting something or it was someone else.

I miss all the witch hunter stuff! How come now one tells me these things?

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
22 Apr 2013 21:25 #21 by Croínamara (Jen)
Derp! I remember you being there because you were the one that freaked out my vine and made me attack, but it might have been Keavy who was corralling me.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
22 Apr 2013 21:55 #22 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic April Event
Most events if you want to play Bolton, its simple: you wake up, put on your big boy bowler hat, make sure not to forget your angry-fire-dragon-sword and heart-beat-dagger, and touch all the highly suspicious things that show up before a noble can give the express order not to. In general, there's no muss, no fuss, and only a little bit of clean up afterwards (read: angry mages, angry Unseelie, angry witchhunters, angry werecreatures, angry demons/devils, angry clergy/gods, angry Soul monster at the end of the amber path and angry everything remotely related to nature).

This was not a no muss, no fuss type of event, and when it came to clean up, there were whole rooms filled with blood (and other squishy bits) that needed mopping. I'm not sure if this was because the story tellers and James super injected this month's plot with intrigue and clandestine drama or if the rest of the town is simply becoming more Machiavellian, but Bolton received more requests for torture (lets not pretty it up and gloss it over with pretty words like interrogate) than ever before. What was even stranger was that people genuinely seemed to enjoy watching- face cookies- and/or even participating- Utrid: "kick you"- and while it weirds me out every time I do a torture scene, I'm glad you all enjoy it in an odd, I'm so glad this is make believe way.

Special shout outs go to James for setting up the dead-drops and the many many many people who helped Bolton scour the woods for them (you guys know who you are and you're awesome for it), Tico/Cameron for his incredible rp and the KR family that makes the game what it is.

Eli
RP Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na), Augustus (OEBlaze), Croínamara (Jen), Uhtred (Erich Lutz), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor)
  • Draven Erdboren
  • "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees, and the birds in the sky."
  • Thank Yous: 39
22 Apr 2013 23:17 #23 by Draven Erdboren (Grundill)
Replied by Draven Erdboren (Grundill) on topic April Event
I don't even know where to begin. This event was the best so far for Draven.

Sharing stories and trying to strengthen the resolve of a new friend whom expressed lost hope for finding a loved one in Travance.

Fighting side by side with the people of Alisandria, and not requiring being dragged to safety every few moments.

Two big ogres attacking Alisandrians at the lake front. You guys were amazing some great RP from you.

Creepy weird monster thing staring at me all weekend. First at night, in the rain through a semi foggy window which was unnerving enough. But then we go outside to confront it. And its gone !!!

RPing with Magnus outside while Bolton is inside asking questions.

Draven Erdboren
Huntsman
Squire to Lord Lucius Blackthorne

OOG Chris L.
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
22 Apr 2013 23:34 - 22 Apr 2013 23:45 #24 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic April Event
Despite all the death and deception, this turned out to be a very relaxing weekend. I don't know whether it was just the nice weather or if there's something inherently calming about sneaking about as an assassin, but either way I felt oddly at ease by the end of Sunday.

Giggles with the new players on Connor's Tower mod:
"I search your pockets, your boots, your jacket, your moustache..."
(two-handed meteoric weapon card appears on moustache)
"... How did he even fit that in there?"

Getting sent out as what has been tentatively referred to as a "Fun Elemental" (weird Andorran worm thing) as part of a St. Astrid's day mod. With our poorly-disguised Agauran clerics (Alex B and Alice A) and some unsettlingly wired Andorran hug-mongers, I think we managed to weird out about 99% of the people we came across in the inn. Very rewarding to see lots of confused and vaguely worried faces - even before the Cause Wounds and Blades of Victory started flying!

Some marvellous RP in the inn attic with a handful of new(er) players on Friday night. I'm really looking forward to running into you again at some point soon! Exchanges like these are why it's so rewarding to be sent out as wandering merchants or peasants - it seems to give players a chance to portray their characters in a more natural setting, where they can act out personality quirks that wouldn't necessarily show through when they're busy swinging a weapon.

Being sent out as a gnoll bandit with Sean on Sunday morning. Sadly we got separated in Alissandria, which was rather unfortunate as I ended up subsequently stealing more than my share of items... before getting the drop on the Baroness herself! The resulting interrogation - featuring the pinnacle of gnollish stand-up comedy - turned out to be a lot more fun than I'd anticipated. Thanks Kristen and Jen W for playing along and being a great (albeit unlikely) audience! 10/10, would gnoll again.

Going out as a slightly shifty looking bloke for James on Saturday. Despite not having committed any crime more serious than wearing a hood on a sunny day, my poor chap ended up waylaid, interrogated, intimidated, stabbed, magically confused, waylaid a few more times, telekinetically strangled, tied up, tortured, tripped, poisoned, and even had his eyeball slowly burned out with a red-hot poker. It's a bit worrying that crimes against fashion are punishable in this way in Travance, but I'm glad you enjoyed interacting with the character - as Elias put it - in an odd, I'm-so-glad-this-is-make-believe way.

All in all, another marvellous weekend NPCing. Looking forward to hopefully hanging out with you as a PC at some near point!

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 22 Apr 2013 23:45 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Uhtred (Erich Lutz), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
23 Apr 2013 00:04 #25 by Croínamara (Jen)
OH YEAH.
HIGHLIGHT.
CORY ISN'T ACTUALLY MISSING IN THE WOODS.
*laughcryfallsdown*

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Annora (Karen), Goggs (coryan)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
23 Apr 2013 00:20 #26 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic April Event
*dies of shame*
If I figure out a way to fail any harder, I'll let you know :S

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
23 Apr 2013 01:26 #27 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic April Event
This was a big event for me in many ways.

My dear ex wife. What ever are you up to? It was just like old times and I don't regret a moment of it.

A long overdue talk with Lady Brightstar. I literally talked to her more this past event than the past 3 years combined. When you had to shift out of being a fox to continue laughing at me for being the worst druidic scholar ever.

Dungeon Crawl: the mod. The teamwork with clove was ridiculous. Precision and care and fear the whole time. Luis awesome job marshaling that.

Sharing stories with Sir Crestingstar.

All of the research. Thank you James for being patient with us even in the wee hours in the morning.

Opening Tao. This was something of a high point. My training had it's highs and lows. Wrought with success and failure. it's funny to say: but in a weird stretch of irony, I only succeeded because I had failed. The key is accepting it and growing from it. There are never truly any failures as long as you learn something and move on. Thank you Luis. Now we get to do the hard part, the circle remains unbroken.... :D

Lastly sitting in Ostcliff with Ric and Dan and some of our younger members and having a discussion about the game and character development. And we had a very meaningful exchange that I"d like to share.

Dan: Tag skills are just dots on a sheet, they serve as a guideline to what you can do.

Me: Always strive to live beyond your card. Your skills do not limit what you can achieve.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn)
23 Apr 2013 09:02 #28 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic April Event

Cory wrote: Giggles with the new players on Connor's Tower mod:
"I search your pockets, your boots, your jacket, your moustache..."
(two-handed meteoric weapon card appears on moustache)
"... How did he even fit that in there?"

Cory, I'm embarassed that I didn't list this as one of my own highlights. People who weren't present should know that due to the mighty storage of that moustache, we ended up dragging his body along to try and use him to locate traps as you have to use all parts of everything you kill. Of course we ended up loosing it somewhere in the confusion before we could study the storage capacity of the moustache.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
23 Apr 2013 09:05 - 23 Apr 2013 09:26 #29 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic April Event
High level main mod was epic and just campy enough to be awesome. Thank you all npcs.

All Pendarvin festival plus after feast manliness

Cinder and Billliamm talks always good

All massages given and received

Serious talks with Erdrick and Ardentfyre leaving Billliamm torn between vassaling to one of them, but his true issue being with the king

Team Orias, nothing is scarier then guy liner

Angelica arguing with billliamm about being a dragon. Why would you argue with a crazy person

Teaching civil.service as Sir Proxy McKraegar

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
Last edit: 23 Apr 2013 09:26 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Croínamara (Jen)
  • Gustav
  • Thank Yous: 7
23 Apr 2013 09:06 #30 by Gustav (Whitt)
Replied by Gustav (Whitt) on topic April Event
Thanks to all involved for a fun event!

Weekend started out great: in line for registration -
Dravin: "Hey are you playing Gustav this weekend?"
Me: "Yep"
Dravin: "Awesome! Still have no idea what you do, except shove hobbits in pits, but awesome!"

Followed by, at various times:
Someone in the inn staring at the, for lack of a better word, mudpies in front of me: "What ARE you doing?"

Rudolph: "Can you even learn that?"

Grumblegut: "Wanna go fight those Undead?"
Me: "Nah"
Grumbleguts grumbling followed by fingerwaggling and more grumbling

Magnus: "You, come with us, we're going to get rid of some goblins"
Me: "What'd the goblins do?"
Magnus: "They killed some children!"
Me: "Mmhmmm, and what did the children do?"
Confused stares...

Tower mod... how I will miss you.

NPC'ing main mod. Always fun to watch the Players working together to solve a puzzle. Especially when the first idea put forward is that they should absolutely *not* do the one thing that will actually allow them to solve the puzzle. Great job by the lower level PCs and their not as lower level PC leaders working through the trips, traps, and general nastiness of that place. Oh and by the Physicians that tried to put Humpty Dumpty back togther again. Lovely combination of disgust and morbid curiosity. I will endeavour to bring oodles of green slime with me for next time.

Cheers and looking forward to next month!

=====
OOG:
Mark Whittaker
Noob
=====

"There's a fine line between love and hate. I have very wide feet."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.824 seconds