April Event

• Zathir
  • He's Zahir, I'm Zathir, our sister Ze'Everywhere, she gets around.
  • Thank Yous: 42
23 Apr 2013 11:03 #31 by Zathir (Clevatus)
Replied by Zathir (Clevatus) on topic April Event
Well this was an interesting event.

Friday night exploring in the rain with Kishari was fun. Avoided assassin by hiding in the shadows ** no skill needed this time**

Rogue Plot was amazing, The constant searching and being pissed off about others in our turf was good.
To all who were involved i enjoyed the RP!
I love getting to play the less known half of my card to its fullest!

My first light mass was interesting.
Getting Baptized to Gaia was definitely one of the best parts of my weekend!
- Thank you Sam, Mother Marika is one of my new favorite people.

Searching every inch of the wooks at 5:30 am was a big part as well. Searched over 60% of the camp over the course of 4 hours.. not one box found... UGH!!!!

Main Mod was interesting, used all of my defenses defending others from being assassinated which proved useful. Refused to kill about 10 people, and got screamed at for it.. only a Gaian for 2 hours and already its proving difficult to interact with those less than hesitant to kill EVERYONE!

Getting wrecked by Tobar during my Swashbuckler lesson, and his speech about how bad he humiliated me. Always good Role Play Zach.

Oh and i dueled a Greater Elemental. I'm not really one to make a specticle of a fight but hey 5 gold is 5 gold :p

And to those who i had Great RP with that i will not list for IG reasons (i'm sure you know who you are) THANK YOU!!!

Zathir Ib'n Hatim Al Nawar

-Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG-Nathaniel Galloway)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Mother Marika (Ophelia)
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
23 Apr 2013 13:12 #32 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic April Event
Highlights:

Spending my entire weekend in the Baroness' company, and yet not having must needed alone time until Sunday morning. Feeling incredibly honored that Mix would order everyone out just for said alone time. Next time we promise we'll just banish you to the outside with some food, because there was way too much for us. Best conversation of the weekend.

Also, Corey made what could have been an annoying NPC moment a great little vignette in dealing with his poor lost gnoll. Excellent job dear.

"Quinaryan" Ambassadors / Assassins on Friday night. Almost getting OOG angry at James and Romeo for insulting Jen's food offerings, even knowing it was totally roleplay. Resulting roleplay with an amazing newer player whose name I sadly don't know - please tell me, because you have no idea how profound and perfectly timed dealing with that NPC assassin was for both Mix and Elawyn, and how much that impacted us. You turned a oneshot NPC into a real person, and that is spectacular.

Return of Fogrom!! And within the first half hour, this precious gem:
Fogrom: I think something is wrong with Magnus's eyes.
Elawyn: What do you mean?
Fogrom: When he saw me, he said I was a sight for sore eyes, perhaps he -
::stifled laughter from El and Mix::
Fogrom: That's another expression isn't it.

Caldor, a new player - I look forward to more RP my dear, sorry it was limited this event.

Aborted early morning honor combats, and resulting conversations. I hope I get included in more of this as it goes forward.

Ship mod and a terrified Keavy. Don't worry dear, we have plenty of more lessons...

Making Keavy cry. Again. I always say its not a good event if Elawyn doesn't cry. Perhaps it should be amended to its not a good event if Elawyn and Keavy don't cry. I can't wait until Shannon's Druid comes back...

Blizzards.

Foxawyn, the wealthiest animal of the forest - that made me so happy IG and OOG i couldn't contain myself. I got to go through traps, gather treasure, and be ridiculous. Mark and Gus, you were so much fun to bicker with. Also, Erdrick's refusal to talk to fox Elawyn was hilarious.

And of course:

Croi getting all the bards at feast to sing Elawyn "Home Again." I sang, I cried a little, and gripped Mixolydia's hand tight - second most touching moment for Elawyn in all the time I've played her. I have so few words. I <3
you Jen F.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli), Croínamara (Jen), Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
  • Alicia D.
  • Thank Yous: 48
23 Apr 2013 14:05 - 23 Apr 2013 16:06 #33 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Replied by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow) on topic April Event
Each event just keeps getting better and better! :)
Let's see if I can remember everything...

FRIDAY:

Hahah Alicia rushed to the bar and had a grand'ol time till she was caught and then yelled at by Syn haha

The epic reunion of Reese and Alicia! ALL THE RUNNING HUGS!Also finally getting to meet Valdex and Eric! Alicia loves her new friends dearly already!

Getting locked in the closet was sooo hysterical! Even though Alicia didn't find it that funny haha

Later that night: ANOTHER WORMWOOD ENCOUNTER! haha Being scared into a drink with him and then get sooo drunk I got sick!
W: "Why are you so frightened by me?"
A: " Because you glare at me alot and...you're really tall.."
*stands up* W: "Yeah, I guess I am pretty damn tall!!!"
A: *cowers*

Ended up passing out on the murder couch after puking on everyone's shoes and behind the bar! Sorry guys! haha
Then MAMA KEAVY TO THE RESCUE! You always know just how to talk care of me!

Also being to frightened to go on the Witchwood mood, Alicia sat and had a nice overdue heart to heart with Reese.

SATURDAY:

Being woken up TWICE early for a duel over me that never even happened. NEVER TELL VERRILL ABOUT A DUEL AGAIN. Eventually fell back asleep.

Wow first time not selling cookies! I got to sleep in which was wonderful!

Coffee with Valdex was quite wonderful! Alicia loved the chat!

Then that wonderful wonderful Andoran mod! Oh god Cory you as that pink worm thing was just to amazing! I'm glad we got our dance off before the murder! THE FLOWERS ALEX HAHAH You looked amazing with that big scowl on your face and the flowers on your cheeks!

A: "Oh Verrill what could possibly go wrong!? we're going to go dance in the forest!!! It's going to be wonderful!"
V: "Yeah till they kill us all.." *Stares at Alex's mace*
A: " oh please everything will be fine!!!!!" * dances away oblivious to any danger*

No. No, everything was not fine hahaha the best part of it all though was seeing Misaki kick ass and take down everyone, even dragging Alex's body into the forest. Where the best quote of the event for me was said:

Alex's half dead body: "Happy St.Astrids day...jackass" hahaha the best thing. Bravo Alex!! :)

Pendarvis festival! That chicken was totally delish! Hope to have it again sometime!

Then NPC shift!!!!

You know I really liked being an elf and I felt so cool sitting at the Nobles table!!! I was so nervous though but it was crazy fun!!!
Ben, thanks so much for making such a cool mod! I loved my costume and the banners looked totally amazing! I felt like a badass walking around at the head of the group! I hope to play that role again soon!!

Saturday night:

Hahaha all the bullying! Liam IM NOT PAYING MY FINES!!!!!!!! Poor Alicia everyone just likes busting her chops! She just doesn't get it haha

Oh and I loved when I came down wearing Matt's helmet!! Oh god everyone's faces! that was hilarious!!
A: "Alright guys! I'm ready for... ADVENTUREEEEEEEE!!!!!" *smiles*
Everyone: "NO ALICIA. TAKE OFF THE HELMET!!!"
A: "But-but.... Okay....." *pouts*

Alicia got her fortune told! Now I have to say that was amazing and freaked me out both IG and OOG! Great job Geoff! You never fail to totally blow me away with your RP skills!!

Later that night:
Getting cursed and becoming a stump sucked thank god everyone took care of me!

FELL ASLEEP ON THE MURDER COUCH WITHOUT DYING AGAIN!!!

Finally crawling into bed and with in literally TWO MINUTES after getting into bed I hear:
"GO GET HER WE NEED HER HELP AHHHHHHH!!!!!"
Once again running through the inn in my nightwear! I was so tired I snapped at poor Jack Cypher
"PUT SOME CLOTHES ON WOMAN!"
"OH SHUT UP IM SAVING LIVES!!!!"

Getting attacked by a chaotically altered Reese and frozen in ice AGAIN.

And oh man that RP with Eric after no one saved him from being tortured! Antone I swear I knew you were missing but no one listened to meeeeee!!! For your first event you totally impressed me!

Then finally a well deserved rest!

SUNDAY: ALL THE SILLY!!!!!!!

Another fantastic event and may...I HAVE A BIRTHDAY EVENT!!!! I'm so excited for next month!!!!! :)
Miss you guys already!!! <3

IG:
Alicia M. Dura
The Woman in White.
==============
OOG: Raquel Allen
(Rocky)
==============
"Every time it snows, all new designs fall out of the sky. It's a wonder that so much beauty has been wasted. Because when they melt, they are lost...never to be seen again."
Last edit: 23 Apr 2013 16:06 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
23 Apr 2013 14:32 #34 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic April Event
<<"PUT SOME CLOTHES ON WOMAN!">>

Again, demonstrating that Cypher has multiple insanities.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Jack (Keeperofdice), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
23 Apr 2013 15:07 #35 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic April Event
Where to start? Best to start at the beginning.

Overall: Though it isn't an in game skill per se, learning how to speak plot has been really fun and this month was no exception. It was sad that we weren't able to crack the Mardux puzzle but there is always next month. Also all the clergy conversations.

Friday: running around, explaining what has happened until now re; Jonathan Travance.
Then was marshal shift. Grossing people out with my wytchwood props. Steve Oros wouldn't even touch them. Lesson learned; PCs really do agonize over moral ambiguity.

Saturday: The sleep deprivation begins! Leading drills at 10 AM, then Gaian food(including drawing people in to partake). After that a futile attempt to nap and then rehearsal for mass(also a highlight) After that was "cops: the mod" which was awesome. Then helping to plan main mod. Finding out i should lead more. Then bed as I was delirious.

Sunday: delerium only partially overcome I only remember Winks and Bat in Law and Order Travance.
Lessons learned: sleep ist krieg. Where my activity limit is.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
23 Apr 2013 15:10 #36 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic April Event
Being at my first event and meeting and getting to play with people I have never met before. Putting on my awesome make -up and then having to take it off for my NPCing hours and putting on a subpar version of it afterwards(lesson learned there). Getting to finally fire my bow at something other than my husband, son, and targets at a range. Also firing in tandem with Ben Buckle was strangely satisfying.

Getting to tease mercilessly some poor PC in red about never being kissed. He was a good sport all things considered.

Being in the monastery and being woken up by the "dream" of devils attacking and poor Eric being mutilated. Had I known it was you, Eric I would have jumped down to help with the magical power of kind words that don't cure anything. Just sitting by the fire listening to the bustle of the tavern and interacting with a myriad of players was a big enjoyment for me.

All and all for a first event, it was a good eye opener. Getting to play with excellent role players is always a breath of fresh air. :whistle:

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras)
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
23 Apr 2013 15:32 #37 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic April Event
Main highlights, because I couldn't think of all the others, with these blocking up my brain.

The pressure from the barony, and Erdrick "COME-ON!" to learn civil service.

Walking around, going on mods, and drills without screwing up my ankle too much (I did screw up my ankle three times. Once on NPC shift near the end. After Main mod on the walk back to the INN, and Sunday morning getting out of bed.) But not bad for having sprained it last weekend. "Stupid rock! Stupid deep mud puddle!"

Taking on three of four of the Tamril Boars that seemed to keep appearing. DROP BOAR! " did A tamril boar just fall out of that tree and impale Magnus?" INN BOAR! Was that Tamril boar drinking at the bar? BARONIAL ASSAULT BOAR! "Is that Tamril boar actually charging the armory?"

"All five of us are together. In one place at one time. Something horrible is about to happen,"

Sorel's reaction to being caught up on the last few months,.

Standing so close to all the BLIZARDS! I talk to too many special special snowflakes.

Foxawyn. The sound effects had me laughing so hard.

The Songs and food at Feast. Just A +

Next time the Guard sheet will be better. Faster. With more legs, and possibly more sleep allowed.

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Croínamara (Jen)
23 Apr 2013 15:55 #38 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie)
Replied by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie) on topic April Event

Aella wrote: Also firing in tandem with Ben Buckle was strangely satisfying.

Nooooooooooo! Not you too, Aella! ;)

That was one of the best parts, though!

OOG: Chris
IG: Benjamin Daimler
IG: Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aella (Onirazael)
  • Valdex Tenebras
  • Let the Chaos reign free and control your thoughts
  • Thank Yous: 10
23 Apr 2013 16:43 #39 by Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras)
Replied by Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras) on topic April Event

Alicia D. wrote:
Getting attacked by a chaotically altered Reese and frozen in ice AGAIN.

My baaaaaaaaaaad xD Val was told he was altered and was attempting to fix it....did not work to well

IG: Valdex A. Tenebras, Vassal of Drega'Mire
================
OOG: Cameron Wallace
===================
"Pain, Misery, and Despair. All of these are crucial parts of life. Which will you enjoy the most?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
23 Apr 2013 18:40 #40 by Fortier (Greysect)
Replied by Fortier (Greysect) on topic April Event
*The Tournament in Pendarven. Was fun playing coward before a large foe, and a Nyad at that. I'll have better luck next time! Probably even literally.
*Prancing to Clyde's music and romping with the Grumbleguts. Things turned sour when I thought the brothers wouldn't mind a good Gust of Wind. Fortunately I wasn't accused of assault.
*Stealing. Slowly coming into my own as a Gypsy and a Scoundrel.
*Being Chaotically altered and taking down a healer with a nice Lightning Bolt on Low-Season Main Mod. This has been the fifth month in a row that I have turned on fellow adventurers. I hope this stays a thing.
*Mingling with members of Alisandria, including the elusive and high-minded Psion Cylus (sp). Hope to get to know you guys more in the future. Haven't decided on a land, after all!

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
  • Valdex Tenebras
23 Apr 2013 18:55 #41 by Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras)
Also Enjoyed on Sunday being sent out as a Troll Huntsman with two corrupted wolves. when I reach Allisandria, one person recited the Ulzvag nursery rhyme hoping it would dispel me. then I got thrown into the barbecue

================
===================
"Pain, Misery, and Despair. All of these are crucial parts of life. Which will you enjoy the most?"
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
23 Apr 2013 19:34 #42 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic April Event
Oh man, where do I even start? It was nice to appreciate a plot going on over the weekend where my character has had experiences with the villains before. From start to finish, it was definitely a solid event for me and Misaki.

-"You just tried to keep Fogrom from doing something! You almost died!" -Sorel

-"It's St. Astrid's Day, @$$hole" - A. Blockus' npc

-Operation: the Mod

-1v1 Misaki vs. Devil (thank you Mars!) and eating curses like candy

-ALL I WANT TO DO IS DRINK TEA!!!

-Sorel and Misaki bonding times and revealing how Alicia REALLY felt about Sir Argentblade

-Didn't pay for a single drink the whole weekend! So this is what it's like to be revered...?

-Lessons! Teaching, observing, and learning. Always great RP

-The Super-Duper-Ultramatic-Hero-Slicer-Mod-Of-DEATH (so many traps...)

-"Aww, what a cute little fox!" Apparently some people don't like being picked up, eh Kristin?

-ELVEN RAIDING...I mean...DIPLOMAT PARTY!

-Croi strikes again with another hilarious song about Travance's heroes!

-"SHIKU!...GO TO BED!"

-Bamboo planting ritual. It really brought a reality check to Misaki's mind

-Surprisingly, getting Gypsy hexed, which caused some WONDERFUL unexpected RP between Shane, Mal and myself Sunday morning. Bravo gents.

I'm sure there's more I forgot about. I'll just add them when I'm back at 100% mental capacity. See everybody for WITL!!! :cheer:

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
23 Apr 2013 20:15 #43 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic April Event
So much happened with so little sleep...

~ Being comforted and calmed by Sir Tirsen. Extremely nice of you, Angeliana will never forget it.
~ Seeing undead up close for the first time and almost loosing my stomach, people I didn't even know throwing me behind them to protect me, thank you.
~ Meeting Archer. Started off by scaring the crap out of Angeliana, and ended up making her feel like she gained a true friend. All the talks, all the interactions. All of it.
~ Saving many people from the brink of death (crit), even getting one "no effect", not panicking, soul tethering to buy time and finding help. Luckily Kwildar was around.
~ Fake elven delegation, escorting them to the manor, being as polite and hospitable as possible. Then being told by Lord Forgrom I was being called a serving wench and accused of poisoning them when I stepped into the back room to speak with Albert. Angeliana was ok with the insult but not the accusation, alas it didn't matter since they attacked right after that.
~ Frantically trying to save Maralas's life, panicking when nothing I did seem to stop this evil limb withering poison / curse thing. Not giving up. Not letting her die.
~ An empathic Andorran healer's nightmare... torture. After continued failed attempts to alleviate pains or help the assassins getting to show compassion and kindness to one of them. Unintentionally playing good cop bad cop with Sir Sorel and a few others who wanted nothing more than to torture and kill James's assassin cult leader. After a lot of begging, pleading and agonizing effort; getting the answers to the questions and preventing his torture / death.
~ Words and feelings shared with Albert. If you thought you could mistreat her and push her away, you were wrong. I'm not giving up on you.
~ Finally getting to use Call of Peace and freeing Orias from his mind alteration; stopping him from killing all of us.
~ Being attacked at the bar, getting shoved behind Orias, only to have the attackers praise him and hug him. Apparently, this is how you distract Master Wormwood successfully, as they blew past him and broke my arm / downed the person next to me before Jade stopped them. If you keep saving my life every event I will end up owing you a million hugs. :)

~ The four bards; spoofs of the bards of Travance. I think we got to meet all of you as your alter egos. Sorry to everyone who we ended up waking, but wouldn't you rather wake up to a song than monsters? :P Baroness's hospitality and kindness. Thank you so very much for coffee, my two hour nap was making me grumpy up until that. All the commissions from people to sing to people!
~ The Andorran celebration ambush mod. Alex's fake smile expression that looked more like constipation; priceless. The pink worm thang o'love; Cory, you rule. All the PCs who agreed to hold hands in a far field and close their eyes. I didn't think you'd all fall for it. :evil: Going down then getting healed back up by Lord Brightstar, hahaha deception: successful! :whistle:
~ Couch break from exhaustion. <3

~ Finally getting to meet Lord Ardentfire after almost a year! I was nervous but less so because he was grilling chicken for his people.
~ Getting asked to interrogate a jailor "my way" by the Baroness. Got other people to ask me what special skill I could possibly posses for this. Angeliana: "It's called compassion."
~ Bowing / kneeling to several nobles over the course of the weekend and almost all of them hating it and helping me up. Sirs, Lords, it is a sign of respect. <sigh>
~ Magnus: Something smells really nice. <Angeliana extends her wrist for him to smell> Magnus: Yeah that's it. :D One of the few smiles this weekend.
~ The Shiku song, the feast, the song for Lady Elawyn, the real elven delegation.
~ Sir Victor! Two very short interactions, both extremely sweet and unforgettable.
~ Going on a main mod for the first time ever as Angeliana, being scared the whole time but being touched by the number of people who protected her.
~ Running from the far field to the inn in record time. People were potentially dying, nothing motivates me to move faster. Getting there 30 minutes early.
~ Private talk with Sir Cinder. Knowing you are on her side, and willing to help with everything she is going through meant more than you know.
~ Getting tormented at key points throughout the weekend by a voice (Luis). Thanks for all the guilt, the emotions, the looks people gave me, the tears, the panic attacks... She WILL break the damn curse.

~ Scarily accurate reading from Carlotta. Not your fault Angeliana was disturbed and emotional. Thanks for trying to explain things to her.
~ All the head scratches, the hugs, the massages.
~ Coffee and cocoa? James, you're a genius and you need new boots. :silly:

Will miss you all until the next time!

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Thank Yous: 48
23 Apr 2013 20:20 #44 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Replied by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow) on topic April Event

Misaki wrote: -Sorel and Misaki bonding times and revealing how Alicia REALLY felt about Sir Argent

Oh man that was hysterical!!

"What do you think of Sorel?"
"HIM?! I don't like him! Hes mean and a bully and annoying and wants me to pay bogus fines or go to jail!!! He's mean!!!"
"Oh really? Tell us more!"
"Why?...wait why are you smirking?!"
*turns around to see Sorel Behind me* "OH NO YOU WERE STANDING THERE THE WHOLE TIME?!?! EEP!!" *Panics and runs away*

IG:
Alicia M. Dura
The Woman in White.
==============
OOG: Raquel Allen
(Rocky)
==============
"Every time it snows, all new designs fall out of the sky. It's a wonder that so much beauty has been wasted. Because when they melt, they are lost...never to be seen again."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras)
  • Nostarion
  • Thank Yous: 9
23 Apr 2013 20:20 #45 by Nostarion (AlexG)
Replied by Nostarion (AlexG) on topic April Event
Hi,

My mom and I were finally able to get back to KR for our second event. We NPCed all day on Saturday and I had a bunch of fun. Some high points were:

Getting sent out as a pickpocket and stealing stuff at the Pendarvin festival under the noses of a lot of people and some Baronial Guard.

Have the withering poison and fainting at the inn while monsters were fighting 10 feet away. Croinamara did a great job singing a song to tether the NPC's spirit until healing help arrived.

Following some ogres and watching some new players run away from them in a panic, screaming "its an ogre" Run!!" :lol:

During main mod being a weird metal golem at the alchemist's lair. Waiting for the heroes to get into the building and waiting longer as James thought of tons of entertaining ways to slow them down . Watching them spending lots of magic points trying to shield themselves from the flame that was shooting out of my mouth.

Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming, and especially to the Monster Marshalls and everyone in logistics for keeping me busy.

Alex

Nostarion Hallatiri
Vassal of Pendarvin
Student of Magic

OOG: Alex G
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet), Croínamara (Jen)
  • Chryphex
  • Thank Yous: 14
23 Apr 2013 21:57 #46 by Chryphex (Chryphex)
Replied by Chryphex (Chryphex) on topic April Event
Well things were off to a flying start when lay on was called and Jericho got drunk with Alicia.
"Have I ever tolled you that you are absolutely beau-" *collapse*

NPC Shift as a body-snatching Wytchgrape.
Wytchgrape: "Hello, human! What are you doing?"
Verrill Le Bastion: "I am drinking. This action provides me with sustenance and staves off death for a few days."

Positive Energy Barrier Training with Dominic and Master Misaki

The Andorran-Aguarran mod starring Flowery Blockus and the Fun Elemental
www.customink.com/designs/sada/spv0-000u-nkqu/retrieve

Once more into the Inverted Tower.
*Itching Powder Trap*
"Stoneskin!"
"Stoneskin!"
"Stoneskin!"
"Stoneskin!"
Anhil: "Damnit."

Verill's Courage Lesson with Wormwood. There was a surprising amount of licking and kissing.

Couldn't think of any happy memories for Posi Concentration, so Jericho had to make one.
Jericho: "Alicia, do you trust me?"
Alicia: "Of, course. Why?"
J: "Hug me!"
A: "Wha-?!"
J: "Just do it!"

And finally revealing Jericho's ACTUAL name to someone. (SHHH IT'S A SECRET!)

Caleb Jericho
Captain Solomon Thatch
OOG: Michael "Mick" Cucurullo
  • Valdex Tenebras
23 Apr 2013 22:40 #47 by Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras)

Alicia D. wrote:

Misaki wrote: -Sorel and Misaki bonding times and revealing how Alicia REALLY felt about Sir Argent

Oh man that was hysterical!!

"What do you think of Sorel?"
"HIM?! I don't like him! Hes mean and a bully and annoying and wants me to pay bogus fines or go to jail!!! He's mean!!!"
"Oh really? Tell us more!"
"Why?...wait why are you smirking?!"
*turns around to see Sorel Behind me* "OH NO YOU WERE STANDING THERE THE WHOLE TIME?!?! EEP!!" *Panics and runs away*

Alicia: So that's why you were all acting weird!
Val: ~laughter~. oh man I need another drink

================
===================
  • Albert
  • Just a healer.
  • Thank Yous: 88
23 Apr 2013 22:42 #48 by Albert (deatharcana)
Replied by Albert (deatharcana) on topic April Event
I had to leave Saturday, so I had that stuck in my head for the entire event. But I still got to do a few things!

Friday

-Participating in the new player mod was tons of fun! And very wet too!
-Going out as undead and being hit for 400 Divine. I broke zombie character for a moment when that happpened.
-Coming into Travance fatigued with Arden. Interesting to note that no one checked to see if I was okay or not...
-Wandering woods alone. Running into Magnus. Insisting he shouldn't go out of his way to escort then this spouting this following quote: "They teach you how to be an idiot at hero school?"
-Sneaking into the (fake) Elven delegation at the Baroness' Manor. One thing I love about playing a stoic character. I get to observe without anyone noticing.
-Watching Angeliana use compassion to get information from the assassins. You truly are a credit to your roleplaying!
-The thing about playing the kind of cynical and unemotional character I play is that you don't really have the chance to interact with others. Therefore, every chance I get to talk with others is important. That being said, breaking my character's shell and having him break down into tears was not something I expected to happen this event. It was one of my favorite moments of this event because every emotion felt so genuine. Looking forward to more interactions like that in the future.

Saturday

-Waking up just in time for market faire. Met some unfamiliar faces and searched for some familiar ones, to no avail. It was a bit disappointing.
-Getting my fortune told, and being amazed how accurate it was in my head.
-This exchange:
Lord Na: "If there is anything you desire I will do everything in my power to obtain it!!"
Me: "Actually I'm kind of hungry right now."
-Getting my first offer to join a land. It honestly makes me happy to know that there are those that want to join them, because it means that I am doing to the right thing at least.
-So many Andorrans... ugh! Good to know I made the right decision in turning down their offer to frolic in the woods!
-Getting invited to go to the Pendarvin Festival, but running away at the last moment. Poor Al just wants to make friends but doesn't know how!
-Sneaking into the REAL elven delegation. Seriously, I love snooping so much.
-Trying to find the right thing to say to a certain someone, not finding words.
-Main mod was so hectic. I think one of my favorite highlights was this exchange. Don't remember who said it over the chaos.
"Everyone into the building NOW!"
*Golem shoots a ray of light from its mouth*
"....Everyone OUT of the building!"
-Watching Ilana peform surgery. SO MUCH GREEN...poison blood stuff.

And for an OOG highlight, I only have one thing to say: Bacon. That is all.

~Albert
OOG: Daniel B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana)
24 Apr 2013 09:47 #49 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic April Event
Very good times this weekend, with some unexpected surprises along the way.

William Sterling
-More smithing, more learning. Definitely feel like I'm getting the hang of it, though I still have to figure out more nuances of William's crafting style.
-"Talkin' Tech" with Jack Cypher. That conversation was long overdue, considering Gus and I have been planning stuff for months.
-Having it recognized that William is sticking by his principles even when confronted with "magic" items and the basics of being a Witch Hunter. Can't wait to go down that path.
-Aleister: "Science is stupid! It's an abomination! *various other rantings about science*"
William walks up.
Aleister: "Well hello my Londwyn Smith vassal..."
Cue everyone cracking up.
-Also more chats on the nature of business in Travance with Valentine Graye and Rudolph.

Winks Sharpthorn
-Searching the camp along with others for plot elements. I forget how truly nice some areas are.
-The arrival of the Selendrian delegation. Well done, everyone involved.
-Having the distinction of being the first (out of like 5 people) to tell the Baroness about the change in plans for the battle. Then following her back to the inn carrying her weapons so she could get to a meeting, and guarding said meeting from the door of the Drega'mire room with Sorel and Magnus. I almost felt like a squire again haha.
-Crazy trap mod was crazy. Kudos to you, Luis, for taking the time to set that up. I'm pretty sure we all enjoyed it, even though I couldn't make it to the end.

See everyone next time.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus (OEBlaze)
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
24 Apr 2013 11:09 #50 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic April Event
I had a lot of fun this event, especially playing a new character again!! It's so weird to a) go back to being new to town and having to play dumb about everything (oh, right, i don't even know who Magnus is), and b) playing something that couldn't be further from Mirwen. But Seabach is fun in her own way (mainly an 'I finally get to hit things' way).
Thanks for all the compliments on her costuming and general look! I was trying to make her as emphatically different from mirwen as possible. Pants, neutrals, brown hair, you know. Now on to what actually happened at the event!

Arriving in town, bumping into the reason Seabach came to Travance in the first place (to find Braughn, her father), but being dragged away to get my tour of the town. Necromancers, bandits, and wolves oh my!

Dubbing the new High Elf 'Mr. Green-Cloak-Snooty-Ass', because he refused to speak to anyone but Anhil. IG racism for the win! He took it on the chin and was a good sport about it.

Getting back to the Inn, looking for my father again and getting to talk to him. Reluctant Braughn is reluctant!! By the end of the weekend, he was actually kind of being all paternal and whatnot.

Fun chats in Kaladonia, having to keep reminding myself that I don't know these people in character. Still fun to listen though.

Going to market faire in the morning, going to fight more things because I'm capable of doing that now, and meeting my cousins, Croi and Arden!

Arden, upon learning Seabach was illiterate, Str+2-ing me to a bench and trying to teach me (with the angriest literacy lesson ever) to read and write. I kept getting distracted by Cory's...did I read that it might have been a 'fun' elemental? Well, the pink thing that looked like it belonged on Sesame Street. (Whatever it was, it was probably the biggest highlight and head scratcher of my weekend.) So, loudly arguing the entire time (as is the way of celts), Seabach has been forced to learn her letters, whether or not she likes it.

Later, learning Str+1 from Keavy! Moving logs from one side of Pendarvin to the other while all of Pendarviparty watched. I got lots of offers for help!! Seriously Danielle, I do that all winter anyway, so don't feel bad :)

Being pulled into Ben Theis' mod last minute, not knowing what it was until when it went off the next day. It's official: not only have I now played all three kinds of elf, but I have not gone a single event without putting elf ears on. I was really kind of hoping there would have been some combat, because Cy and I were designed to just wreck anything and everything.
Also, the banners and all the costuming for that mod were absolutely gorgeous, and the RP was just perfect. Thanks to Ben for asking me to be a part, and everyone else for making it so much fun!

Shenanigans in the kitchen after feast as always (Christine cuts her finger, pouts at Sean. 'You're a druid! Kiss it better! Cure Light wounds!'). Hanging out at the bar after, because that's always fun.

NPC Sunday. Mostly rp roles, as I wasn't feeling to well. Two best parts: 1) Ambassador von Schlitz and 2) what happened at Alisandria. I've never been in the statehouse before Sunday.

Alas, I will not be here for the May event and I'll miss everyone!! But I should be back for all of Week in the Life in June, so I'm looking forward to that :) I always have a great time at KR, even in the cold and the rain, and I always look forward to coming back. See you all in June!

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Goggs (coryan)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
24 Apr 2013 14:09 #51 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic April Event

geezer wrote: <<"PUT SOME CLOTHES ON WOMAN!">>

Again, demonstrating that Cypher has multiple insanities.

This was one of my favorite moments to the weekend. "There's an almost naked woman running around. Back where I come from, if a woman shows her neck, she loses it."

Thank you for being an awesome sport Raquel and everyone else who went along with it. Charlie, Cypher has never been sane, I choose to deal with you people every month. :-P

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
24 Apr 2013 14:11 - 24 Apr 2013 14:13 #52 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic April Event

Valdex Tenebras wrote: Saturday: Swarm of poisonous bugs and an altered Wormwood? Certainly one way to wake yourself up after staying up all day.

You're telling me! I forgot to mention that the altered Wormwood hit me for a slay right on the steps!

Either WW consciously/unconsciously chose to kill Keavy while he was altered, or Keavy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The world may never know!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
Last edit: 24 Apr 2013 14:13 by Keavy (Dani).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Narcis (ChrisR), Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras)
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
24 Apr 2013 14:35 #53 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic April Event

Valentine Graye wrote: ---- Quildar "I would like to offer you the chance to say the blessing before the feast" me: "Certainly" (Oh crap... what am I going to say?)

Nearly six years of playing Kwildar, and I still get a big hit of stage frights and the 'what-do-i-do's whenever I have to do something truly priestly. I do feel for you, Joe. Blame Jen W. It was her idea. :-)

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
24 Apr 2013 18:15 #54 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic April Event

Kwildar wrote:

Valentine Graye wrote: ---- Quildar "I would like to offer you the chance to say the blessing before the feast" me: "Certainly" (Oh crap... what am I going to say?)

Nearly six years of playing Kwildar, and I still get a big hit of stage frights and the 'what-do-i-do's whenever I have to do something truly priestly. I do feel for you, Joe. Blame Jen W. It was her idea. :-)

Oh, and sorry for mangling your name. Now Jen W. has some splaining to do!

Seriously though, I'd have turned you down if I had stage fright. It was just a question of material!

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
24 Apr 2013 19:14 #55 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic April Event

Valentine Graye wrote:

Kwildar wrote:

Oh, and sorry for mangling your name. Now Jen W. has some splaining to do!

Seriously though, I'd have turned you down if I had stage fright. It was just a question of material!

What kind of diplomatically trained Baroness would I be if I were not to offer that self-righteous-prig-of-a-high-priest the chance to offer his own blessing, which was no doubt IMMENSELY preferable to anythign we could have offered ;)? Thats what you GET for playing royalty too well :P

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LStarling (Kwildar), Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Caelvan (Caelvan), Aemorniel (Aemorniel), Annora (Karen), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
24 Apr 2013 19:40 #56 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic April Event
New Player Mod NPC

Roleplaying out of a bandit combat encounter.

Going after a Necromancer and inquiring about my exact duties as a guardsman.

Shortly after misinterpreting a disagreement between Just Victor and a Grumblegut. Trying to settle it and getting my ass handed to me. In the time of being unconscious, getting my sword stolen.

Going to Logistics to see it there, and telling them to keep the phys-rep. Handing over the card.

The next morning looking around for the sword, finding it, and having a nice discussion with the thief.

Going with Captain Magnus to help new towns members fight off some bandits, and getting hit with a Cleave. Also dragging people back to the healers. Pushing An Ogre off of Magnus and making sure he was okay.

Going along with some other new members and trying to talk an irate Druid from killing us all.

Using a Healing Salve on a Wolf as an act if good faith.

Manacling Lucius to a tree, and gagging him for the town's good.

Stumbling across the Selendrian Delegates, and then walking away so as to not make things worse.

Turning Rocks with Sir Victor

Courage Lesson with Orias for Verrill

More rock-turning with Dame Zafrin.

Feast and the celebrations with Selendrias.

Main Mod Pirate Ship.

"Ye'll not take the MAIDEN'S BREETCHES!"

Getting kicked off the ship by Lord Brightstar, climbing back up, ASSASSINATE ASSASSINATE!
"Normally you can't do that but Repel, Repel. That was cool."
Getting thrown back off and my head stomped into the ground.

Coming back as Augustus, and realizing I could have steered that ship back myself.

Lots of gambling with Salim. As he's ready to pack up, Devils come to attack the inn. "I'm in!"
Going back to the Armory, starts going to sleep when Aguarrans attack.

Shatter Weapon: Tempered
Shatter Weapon: We've been over this already, Tempered.
Desperate Isolation: Willpower

Annora opens the door. "RUN! Get help!"

Hitting them every time they start to cast a prayer.

They get bored and leave. And that's how Augustus defended the Armory by himself

Eventually the backup comes in the form Pendarvin and takes them out outside the Armory.

The next morning, waking up to find Jonas in the Armory.

Listening to Croi's song about Shi Ku Na.

Enjoying the Beautiful Sunday Morning

Practicing Blindfighting.

Getting pinned down and hit with multiple itching powders and branded.

Running off in a huff, and getting hit with a Pacify.

Being calmed down by Archbishop Kwildar.

Very short conversation with T'soli

Going back and having people apologize only to have it frustrate him more.

Screaming "YOU ARE ALL F**** INSANE" at nobody in particular. And storming off again.

Hiding outside the Armory and having Marika come over.

Deciding to head back to the inn.

Marika, "Be the better person, Augustus. Please!"
Augustus, "WHY IS IT ALWAYS UP TO THE VICTIM TO BE THE BETTER PERSON?!"

Haroldson, "It's all in your head Augustus"
Augustus, "ARE YOU SAYING THAT I'M CRAZY?"
Haroldson, "Insane, not crazy. There's a difference."

Running back and getting hit with a Bring Hope.

All in all, lots of fun RP. Thanks to everyone who participated in Augustus Torture Mod.

I'll see you all in May, but will you see Augustus?

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Valdex Tenebras (Valdex Tenebras)
24 Apr 2013 22:39 #57 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic April Event
I feel like I haven't written one of these in forever! So, here goes!

Friday:
-Getting food with Steve and Tori before game. Incidentally I was already in costume and we went out for Chinese. I come back with Lo Mein and I heard "Wow Shannon, that's racist" at least 8 times. It was good! I regret nothing!
-Checking everyone's brains for insanity. How many crazy people are there in Travance?!....Don't answer that.
-Scrambling around the kitchen and filling stuff for the bar. Good times! Great RP with people as always. I guess Kamei should just work there, shouldn't she?
-Bonding more with Jade and becoming a little less afraid of Wormwood, we'll see how that goes.
-Talking more about her issues with Baoyu, trying to figure things out with peoples' help.

Saturday:
-Being attacked around 4am but only thinking it was a dream until morning. Go figure, right? Haha.
-Dryad mod! I never thought I'd look so pretty in green, gold and brown! Thank you Matt for asking for me to take this role!
-Seeing the groups reaction as perfect cast Maul was cast, I felt an odd sense of accomplishment when the PC's were like "Thank you for doing that he was being annoying" (or something along those lines).
-RPing as a very pissed off dryad druid was amazing, and it was also amazing to see how willing these PC's were to work with me to try and make me happy. And, they didn't resort to swinging swords or casting spells but actually talking it out. I love moments like those <3 good work guys!
-Miss. Keavy....oooooohhh Miss. Keavy. I'll be seeing you again no doubt ;)
-Getting into Kamei! I have never gotten so many compliments on my dress as I have this event. It made me feel very awesome, I love that dress <3
-Getting to talk and roleplay with Tsoli! Getting to figure out many things and I look forward to many more things happening.
-Talking a walk with Tsoli to Pendarvin's get together. It was great smelling delicious food and watch people do tournaments. If I was any good at fighting I would have joined in myself.
-Helping with Feast!!!! I always enjoy cooking with Luis. And the kitchen help this time was amazing. Props to Luis, Mary, Sam, Ann, Goose and everyone else who popped in an out to help. I heard many good things about all of the food, and the vegetarian dish was amazing.
-Sneaking secret-hookah between looking for bottles and cups before food was done. Nearly falling over from having too much hookah in a short amount of time in front of Jun, Jade, Wormwood, Sorel and Dave...wasn't embarrassing at all. =P
-Even though Kamei would have really enjoyed Main Mod, I couldn't bring myself to go out and do stuff. I heard amazing stories! And, I am super glad everyone had an amazing time.
-I sat in the bar area with Dr. Maxwell and a new Khitan Physician (sorry I forget your character name ><; )~ Helped Dr. Maxwell teach many lessons and offered up my femur to teach him how to mend limbs. Great roleplay all around, I had so much fun!! Looks like Kamei gets to draw up charts of all of the bones, wheeeeeee.
-Being picked on by Lord Brightstar. "You haven't been up any trees lately have you Kamei?" ...That was ONE TIME! <3
-Tending bar with Myrin was amazing! Got to RP with all of the great people who showed up after main mod.

Dustin and I headed out Saturday night because seriously sleep needed to be had before going back to PA. Thank you all for an amazing wonderful event~

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
24 Apr 2013 23:38 #58 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic April Event

Misaki wrote: -Didn't pay for a single drink the whole weekend! So this is what it's like to be revered...?

Don't you mean: "So this is what it's like to be my fiancé...?" :p

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 70
25 Apr 2013 00:53 #59 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Replied by Fogrom (Fogrom) on topic April Event
My highlights include:
  • Attending an event for more than four hours.
  • Crazier still, PCing.
  • Working with some great NPCs on Friday night for paladin testing - Cory, Gina, Romeo, and Kevin, you were great!
  • The warm welcome back that Fogrom received.
  • Discovering the child coffin, and the subsequent safe handling of it. Also, the fact that Croi immediately joined in the game of giving the child coffin alternate names which would also not. please. the Baroness.
  • Watching goblins actually have the sense to run away when being overpowered by a PC. A great, authentic (and comic) moment.

Matt White
The following user(s) said Thank You: Capt Locke (Jonathon), Croínamara (Jen), Arden (Shelby), Goggs (coryan)
25 Apr 2013 10:56 #60 by GinGinny GinRum (Pyai)
Replied by GinGinny GinRum (Pyai) on topic April Event

Chris McKenzie wrote:

Aella wrote: Also firing in tandem with Ben Buckle was strangely satisfying.

Nooooooooooo! Not you too, Aella! ;)

You should know by now, Benjamin Buckle - "You don't get to pick your own nickname."

IG: GinGinny GinRum
Ambassador of Alisandria
OOG: Megan Coppock
RP Marshall
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bladesworn (Bladesworn), Arden (Shelby)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.843 seconds