May Highlights !

19 May 2013 18:08 #1 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
May Highlights ! was created by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
Okay I really dont even know where to begin. But firstly a lot of people were asking if I was okay with loosing the babies . GUYS I totally was lol Judge and I talked it out xD !
But everything was so overwhelmly amazing I hope people now see there is more then one side to Syn.
Between trying to find Shiku Friday night , seeing him once we got him back... Meetings and politicing with Ming .. and making sure vassals were kept alive.. I had big shoes to temporary fill andd it really is a lot of work ^_^
Saturday.. Ohh Saturday. More then anything I was nervous and not sure how far to take it. So when Judge found us , all I could think was "just do it". I need to thank Judge , Alice, Marybeth, Cameron, Katie, Cooper, and especially my ostcliff family. Being in the monastery with Alice .. I was her first phocus walk and I hope I didn't scare you lady ! The amount of screaming and pain Syn felt.. felt all to real. So crying and wanting to give up .. only felt natural for het while she was dying. My best moments were with Shiku/ Geoff and Marybeth <3 you guys helped her remember her strength and how she wasnt the type to stay inside and hide. She really truly is a fighter.
She still wanted to help victor and even I can't understand that sometimes. First thing she does when she calms down is learn florentine ! I couldn't be more proud of my pc then ever before.

-> Sannyiah ' Syn ' Amarie Tempest Na

Healer of Travance
Ambassador of Alisandria
Apprentice to Aiden DelDragon
Apprentice to Gregor Borowitz
OOG: Karla

And though she be but little.. she be fierce,,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Casandra (Casandra), Ming Na (Ming Na), Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
19 May 2013 19:15 #2 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Replied by Ming Na (Ming Na) on topic May Highlights !
So much epic...key strokes will hardly do them justice.

Want to thank Judge & all the people helping him make this a grand event.

Moments to share : Great RP with Alex Castner & Alex Blockus

Some of our gang moving about the camp like ninjas being very tactical in a truly dangers environment.
Epic RP of Alex B with Steve Larry and many others out side wile Wormwood was de armed...but needed a drink.

Some good one liners to sum up the game:
"You look like shit shiku i feel like shit, I was stuffed in a (*&# broom closet for days"
"We must preserve the continuity of government"
"The only difference between a halo & a noose is about five inches"
"How sharp is your sword? ...really I think my quill is sharper"

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Fortier (Greysect)
19 May 2013 20:14 #3 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic May Highlights !
This was an amazing weekend. So many highlights.

I TRULY enjoyed the Friday Night NPC shift. Peasants to Fire bombers to Fire Wolves to Undead.. it blew by and was so much fun.

Above and beyond everything else: Epic Bar Brawl Mod was SO MUCH FUN. I enjoyed getting so drunk that I forgot that some bandits weren't my friends or swinging at people who weren't there. Long Live El Kabong the Satyr.

Watching my wife peg the demon in the butt was hilarious.

I had some wonderful lessons, and learned much, much more than expected. I know have so much of a greater understanding of the world and what has gone on before I arrived.

Being the first guest in Clove's new home was nice. Its a lovely spot to chill in the woods.

So apparently it takes a Knight, 2 squires and 2-3 others to teach Caldor to read. I truly appreciate the creativity in the alphabet you came up with for him, and had a real blast with it.

The druidic group magic done on the lake was a load of fun. It was awesome to be involved in that! I think we even created new fish because of how much magic was involved.

As usual, I had a blast eating with Eric (and Walter) and I was happy to add my new friend Goggles to the table!

I'm so sure I will think of more, and I will add them as I remember.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila), Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
19 May 2013 20:24 #4 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic May Highlights !
Wow all of the fun! I never thought I could have so much fun while fearing for my life at the same time. I loved to see everyone again and had a lot of fun.

Friday:
Blue juice vamps, Solarity 20 damage(20 times) slay! {what went through my head} "Why can't we ever have someone nice come by, like a cookie golem!"
Oh god people are asking me what the group should do!?

Saturday NPC shift:
ogres looking for babies. I get dropped in the first fight and Reese decides to search my pocket. "As you search my pocket you find a long hard ... table leg." Thank you Reese for putting up with my stupid.
First time NPCing a mod boss, it was super epic! Jaxurian guardian going head to head against shaemus belmont. That was one epic battle!

Saturday
Battle against Jasper and Granny dolls. Great battle, a lot of fun.
Main mod was awsome, Xualla effect was super cool.
Finally getting around to researching for stuff after main mod.
Finally learned slam, its gonna be so much fun!

Sunday:
Tired sunday mornings with stupidity. example? willingly opening a trapped box and getting dropped because I was bored. Getting paid for it was just a bonus. :P

overall it was a lot of fun, I can't wait to see everyone again.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
19 May 2013 20:25 #5 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic May Highlights !
Jason, I think it can be fairly said that your wife did more than peg that demon in the butt. You're a brave man for marrying such a markswoman. ;)

There were many highlights and thank you's this event, but playing a legitimate game of chess against Dan Gill without pieces takes the cake. I hope, from the bottom of my heart, that this becomes more than a one time occurrence.

Eli
RP Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na), Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
  • Alicia D.
  • Thank Yous: 48
19 May 2013 20:39 - 19 May 2013 22:38 #6 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Replied by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow) on topic May Highlights !
Guys I can't even begin to tell you how AMAZING this event was for me, I wouldn't wanna spend my birthday weekend ANYWHERE ELSE! You guys are really my second family and mean the world to me thanks for making it special for me :)

SO LET US BEGIN:

Friday:

Getting rocks thrown at me by villagers, and feeling discusted watching people blow up and die! Bleh!

Having an awesome time talking to and helping Keavy! ALL ABOUT DAT SYLVAN LIFE.

Alicia meeting Gogs and finding out about Londwin! Cory you did an AMAZING job with your character! HAZZAH FOR TWISTY STICKS! Also, Alicia is SCIENCE!! haha brilliant!

I have never been more proud of Alicia finally sticking up for herself after everyone dragged her away from saving people! She's getting a back bone!
She was touched after every person involved came and apologized!

Also she felt strangely bad watching the town beat up/ almost execute Wormwood for his actions and she made sure to keep a little watch during his operation. ( though later being so frightened of him again I ended up docking myself in the face with my lantern haha!)

Talking again with Calevan and Keavy about sylvan lit and finally telling someone about her past.

Saturday:

A wonderful morning breakfast with wonderful company! A good talk with Arden did Alicia well.

ALICE YOU HAVE MAGIC HANDS AND I LOVE YOU. <3

Alicia then learning all of her lessons! BREAK ALL THE LIMBS.

tower mod was awesome! Point and click killing undead like a boss! I felt so useful for once in combat! C:

Feast was someing amazing aswell SHARONE YOU MAKE AWESOME FOOOODDDD!!

Being scolded for being drunk...again... haha

Main mod was incredible Judge you really hit it home. I honestly had the most intense RP moment of my life. (You know what I'm talking about) seriously the effects and everything were fantastic!

The funeral was also very deep, I shed to many tears.

Then one of my biggest highlights: Alicia taking to Jade on the docks. Angel that was some very deep RP for me and I loved talking and having a connection.
Alicia: "I don't judge people by their past...I judge them by their future.."
Jade: " Don't you ever lose that heart you have, its what makes you strong"

Again going to Keavy and talking about life and Alicia's own future and goals. She's going up so quickly, maybe to quickly... "Keavy....why-why do I suddenly feel so old?"

Sleeping on the murder couch...againnnnnn.

Sunday NPC:

Hanging out at Logistics! Also that wake up mod was so fun! (Eventhough most of you looked just about ready stab us haha)

Being a mean, mean, MEAN vixen and insulting the heros of the town! Hazzah for the Travance hero silly walk!

Finally, DAT DEMON MOD. Elias I think you make a terrifying demon man haha! Also that was my first time being shot with so many feaking arrows! Damn you guys got good aim!

Thanks again everybody for making this weekend extra fun, KR is such a big part of my life now and I'm so happy to share all my adventures with you!

-till next moon! :)

IG:
Alicia M. Dura
The Woman in White.
==============
OOG: Raquel Allen
(Rocky)
==============
"Every time it snows, all new designs fall out of the sky. It's a wonder that so much beauty has been wasted. Because when they melt, they are lost...never to be seen again."
Last edit: 19 May 2013 22:38 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH), Angeliana (Angeliana), Goggs (coryan), Faila (Faila), Aella (Onirazael)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
19 May 2013 20:52 #7 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic May Highlights !
There is so much good this event, I don't know where to begin.

As an NPC, I was in on the plot for months in preparation. The slow build for the game was amazing... like a slow-cooked meal, it came out juuuuuust right.

Despite a lousy week leading up to the event, and even lousier traffic getting to camp, I managed to scramble in, unpack, get dressed, and suit up in time for Lay-On. The number of people who got a kick out of the overalls made it worth it. (They were too large when they came in the mail - I had to wash them repeatedly to get them to shrink before the event.)

Thank you to Jeff McLean for letting me use Radu's shovel.

Friday Night - Billiam engages Ted "Gravestone" Guteknecht in melee, but they get separated. About an hour later, I see what I think is Billiam trying to bum rush me from the shadows, and I spin and hit him with a Slay. There's a pause, as my target says "Clarify?" "Oh, hey, Renny! Welcome to Knight Realms!"

The ill-fated curry chicken shepard's pie. I'm sorry I didn't give it the attention it deserved, Chris. What I managed to eat was yummy!

Lessons with Carlotta, and dinner at the bar with Tari. Sometimes, not being able to sit in the main room during feast can lead to interesting RP.

Manuscript interviews with Kwildar, and the repercussions of writing a book.

The service for Janus. Seeing Zahir, Malyc, Master West, and Lord Pyre.

Getting to use all the glow-toys. The new staff was a challenge to get imported, but was WELL worth it.

Waking up at 9:00 AM on Saturday, and checking Facebook on my phone before getting out of bed and going IG. Seeing on FB that Quagz has posted at about 5:00 AM: "Stop snoring, Tommy!"

Getting to RP out the pre-arranged scene with Gideon entering game Sat. morning. Using holes in time and space to order breakfast is fun!

Summoning all the Undead as Gravestone: "Arise from your graves!"

Gideon: "Holy Strike!" Demon: "Resist Good!" Geoff: "No effect, it's Neutral, not Good." Demon: "Argh! *dies*" Gideon to Cinder: "Ha!"

I didn't get to participate in the Garden Party, but it looks like a lot got done. Thank you, everyone!

"Seneschal, we have a dire issue. The mint has escaped its confines, and is encroaching on the rest of the herb garden."

SUCH a good event - can't wait for Week in the Life!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
19 May 2013 21:17 #8 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic May Highlights !
Hmm.. I really enjoy spending time and getting to know new people. This week I had a blast doing:

The NPC shift. I really enjoyed NPCing. I had fun being a name calling peasant, Fire assassin, Fire wolves, I enjoyed being a howling, snarling undead . I had to put the mask on my hand because I could NOT see out of it AT all! I also loved being an obnoxious, rude, slutty Merc that got taken out in .5 seconds. It was GREAT shift for me. Loads of fun.

Saturday
Waking up in the morning and putting on make-up. It took 2 hours. A lot longer than I anticipated. I may look in to getting airbrush paint for my body, since I already own a mini-compressor. I also tried some glow in the dark paint. It was nice to know it worked!

The event with the beer was a lot of fun. I was VERY UPSET that I was dragged away from this event to join a subpar one I was forced to attend. Finding out how the beer event ended was very cool. I really wish I could have stayed for the end of that fight.

Helping the martial artist school was hilarious. My husband and I got to fight a loud mouthed NPC. It was so much fun. Props to the guy who played that NPC. :cheer:

The inverted tower was fun as always. It's nice to see how it varies from New player Marshall to New Player marshall. My only regret is that one of the Marshalls got hurt :dry:

Passing out cookies all day was fun. Being a cookie tree is actually nice. I will bring cookies to every event... Oh yes! But I won't be baking them on the premises. Next time I will just bring a metric butt load. Nothing beats the power of the cookie... except the one angry peasant that wouldn't take it when he told me he was starving... Very sad.

Doing the night event on the lake was fun. I was nervous shooting at I dis not want to lose arrows in the water. Every scenario that I ran in my head came out poorly, so I was Really glad I got called over to help clove purify the water by supporting him. The end result to that was wonderful.

Watching my husband being forced to read. Then when they tried to force me calmly threatening them with crying and the promise to NEVER give them cookies again and watching them all back away.

THe bar fight was fairly epic. Watching Billiam roll on the floor with Victor was very eye opening. The night event following the bar brawl was also very cool. The pyrotechnics and the projection was also an epic feel. Getting my legs broken and then Shooting on the ground at people was fun too. Running to get my arrow in Poison Ivy... Not so much fun, but luckily I was dextrous enough not to touch it.

Sunday
The battle against the demons was a lot of fun. I got a lot of nice shots in and a really cool scar for efforts! Having the main demon point out that I killed him was actually kind of neat, even though I am positively sure I didn't do the epic damage necessary to drop the beastie, that was most definitely done by others. I also enjoyed having people come up to me and cheer me on. It actually made my day. I am still in awe at how nice everyone is here.

I got my lessons in Cloak of the green, Detect traps and Set traps. They were wonderful lessons. I also learned about demons and listened in on the Druidic lesson. Both talks were entertaining and informative.

I was actually happy the vendors showed up. I ordered something for my bow and look forward to seeing if it works!

I am sad that the fun has now ended. I look forward to the next event.

My son has expressed excited interest in coming to the Week in a life. We are going to bring him if we get permission. He wants to play a Kitarian Bard.

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Faila (Faila)
19 May 2013 21:20 #9 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic May Highlights !
I have so many here goes and judge this was so much fun.

1. The build up with in between game actions, judge you nailed the scene perfectly

2. Billliamm's disgust with how the peasants were doing things, but agreeing with there cause

3. Hour talk with the vamp doctor, billliamm doing his best to persuade the man to change his ways

4. Alander is in travance, good to have my real life brother come out and play

5. Billliamm's chaos really showing in his fight for morality

6. Siren mod, I felt special.

7. Talks with the count about vassalage

8. All of the peasants and uprising. It really got to Billliamm emotionally and he was very and is still not okay

9. Fighting Judge Jersey friend style

10. Jumping into the lake after JJ's falling body was awesome

11. Jax mod good times with athletic feat

12. The painting and gathering I could only show up to for a few minutes

I had a blast and it was just epic

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Narcis (ChrisR), Croínamara (Jen)
19 May 2013 21:24 #10 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)

Hob wrote: Jason, I think it can be fairly said that your wife did more than peg that demon in the butt. You're a brave man for marrying such a markswoman. ;.

See... I think it would have been far more dangerous to NOT marry someone with that good aim.

I also wanted to add to my lit the training with the warrior monks. Loads of GREAT RP from the NPCs, and a lot of fun fighting. Caldor is AMAZED at the woman who can knock people out with her smile.

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
  • Aella
19 May 2013 21:37 #11 by Aella (Onirazael)
You should see my husband's aim with a bow. It makes me sooo jealous!

Aella
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
19 May 2013 21:53 #12 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic May Highlights !
If you'll be at Week in the Life, I should be out as Carlos (with my bow) for Friday Day, so we can have some fun doing target practice. :-)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aella (Onirazael)
19 May 2013 22:24 #13 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic May Highlights !

Aella wrote: My son has expressed excited interest in coming to the Week in a life. We are going to bring him if we get permission. He wants to play a Kitarian Bard.

Just gotta say, he'll fit in great with me and Charcoal (both of us being Kitarian Bards) ^^

My highlights to come later ^^

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
19 May 2013 22:49 #14 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic May Highlights !
Judge wrote waterboy on my card.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena), Narcis (ChrisR), Croínamara (Jen), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
19 May 2013 23:55 #15 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic May Highlights !
This event was the epitome of everything I could ask to NPC for. My first Judge plot was the alt event last year when I was a weekend NPC. The RP of that event had me terrified of Judge for the longest time since that was how we first met but I can proudly say I consider him a good
friend and mentor. I am so grateful he gave me the chance to play Mina this event and let me have as much fun creating the character as possible.

NPC STUFF
~The months leading up to this as we all planned things out. We really wanted to make this work and be as awesome as possible--giving us a sense of ownership over the plot that some Plot NPCs don't usually get a chance to feel.
~The happiness of getting to camp early after my graduation ceremony and hugging everyone I saw. My parents were very happy to finally see the place I have come to call home and meet a few of my friends I have spoken to them of in depth.
~Jenny doing my makeup down Friday night as I happily ate Jelly Babies and Judge's delight during that whole process. Jenny--you're a fantastic makeup artist. I am so jealous of your ability to do airbrush makeup and stuff. That is something I've always wanted to learn to do.
~Making up Geoff for his undead farmer of doom and how patient he was at me getting up in his business. Actually--just all the makeup jobs I got to do this event were a ton of fun. I lost track of how many bruises I had to do on peoples faces. It always seemed it needed to be done when I didn't have my bruise wheel on me so I made due with the makeup in the makeup kit. Came out really nice though.
~The Barn Mod that was just filled with awesome and the fighting that went along afterwards. It was a ton of fun brawling with y'all and the way people figured out early on to avoid me or they would get messed up. Sorry to the two guys whose lifetags I took but honestly--how cool is it to say you were killed by starvation?
~RP sessions as Mina with Angel, Cappy, Keavy, and Caelvan. Those were super intense moments and I'm glad you don't mind putting up with my shenanigans like spitting out water and such.
~Making yarn dolls for Grammy's mods early morning on Saturday down in Alisandria and the shenanigans that ensued. I love hanging out with you guys and can't wait to do that more.
~Causing havoc down by the lake and all the RP that happened leading up to my NPC falling back into the lake, being saved by Billiam (which was frickin' awesome by the way), eventually dying, and then being dragged straight into the Abyss. I had no idea IG or OOG what the reveal was going to be that Chris told me as Godhand because Judge wanted all of our reactions to be real. I was surprised myself how far gone Mina was at that point in her pain and sheer anger as she not only accepted the fact without tears of what she was drinking--not caring the cost as long as it gave her the powers able to kill those who wronged her. Storming after Chris to try to kill him was so fun--as was all that battle. Cheers to the sweetheart who tried to stop me from walking back into the lake, thinking I didn't realize what I was doing. You were trying to be a help and that was very kind of you. Also--to those who were curious--that water was frickin' cold. The walk back up to Logistics to change out of my soaking wet clothes, while uncomfortable, was one of my proudest moments at KR.

Aemorniel Stuff
~Reuniting with Libris. My baby and I have been apart for far too long <3 Thanks to those who kept him safe.
~Buying Misaki a sword from a merchant made out of a material he doesn't have yet. It felt nice to be able to not care too much about prices of things when it comes to doting on my IG fiance.
~Buying my first belt pouches, then getting a super cool and pretty belt hanger from Gideon that has scroll hangers and potion bottles, etc (and heckling Ardin afterwards that Gideon gives me prettier things than he does), and getting another belt pouch from Malyc after promising to be his personal physician and that I would write his biography. I can already tell that writing that will be an adventure.
~Learning about "dark sorcery" from Malyc as he offered to teach it to me. If I had the ability to learn it for real, he presented it in such a way Aemorniel wouldn't have refused to actually learn it because as he explained--if used only for pranks, it's not half bad. Oh the pranks he told! They are too brilliant to explain. Basically he brought out the ol' Trouble who used to enjoy doing nothing but causing havoc and being playful. Just what I needed after playing such an intense NPC most of the night before.
~Feast was delicious. All my favorite foods served on my graduation weekend? Great way to celebrate.
~Giving strawberry Tic Tacs as meds to my patients. Those things come in handy especially when they really do look like pills when inside of a vial
~The Grumbleguts. Just them in general. I love them. Their love for my "back beard" after Rowen braided my hair was hilarious. Joking around about Angus and Rowen getting married because of their mutual love for food. I really needed that laughter that night after my NPC death stuff.
~Being asked what was Aemorniel's first thought about Ardin getting married as part of an interview for the paper and saying: "Finally." Oh sibling love at its finest. <3
~Dan Gill mod. You sir are too adorkable and I love working with you. Also--HOLY DAMN LADIES! What a fierce cat fight that ensued. Judge was way too amused by all of that. Getting dropped twice on that mod was so worth it.
~My super special mod made just for me by Larry so I could go to the Library of Anoch to retrieve a certain book. In my PC's head, she was super excited to step into the greatest library in existence. I had never interacted with Sir Victor from Winterdark before so it was pleasant to get to talk to Damien and see him kick butt. Getting dropped and almost getting to crit for the sake of seeking knowledge was so worth it. Tim--you are a terrifying monster and thank you for doing so well. Ben--even though you took a spill, I'm glad you were on the mod too. I learned a lot about the creature that I will be fighting again probably very soon. Also--GRRR. Stupid poison bombs. I had JUST learned Quiet Contemplation this event for that exact reason.
~The interaction afterwards with Angeliana. Yup. This friendship, while hard sometimes, has definitely strengthened Aemorniel a lot. It's nice to have a friendship like ours. Sometimes it feels like I'm the older sister in all of this. Hahaha
~All the new characters and faces I saw running around. Everyone seemed to be having a blast. Always good to hear.
~Jen F and Tori's NPCs dying. Since I was witnessing this as Aemorniel and not as Mina, it took a lot of concentration to not cry like I wanted to. I had to remind myself that my PC didn't know these girls and didn't consider them family like Mina did.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus (OEBlaze), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
20 May 2013 06:15 #16 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic May Highlights !

Blue juice vamps, Solarity 20 damage(20 times) slay! {what went through my head} "Why can't we ever have someone nice come by, like a cookie golem!"

But Kevin... 'Cookie golems' steal babies and kill mothers. They are not nice!

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
20 May 2013 06:53 #17 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic May Highlights !
Wow almost forgot Sir Cinder, Jun, Quin are the best drinking buddies, and cinders is a drunkadin acolyte, when he becomes a full drunkadin he can learn how to detect mischevious intent

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
20 May 2013 08:39 #18 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)

Kwildar wrote:

But Kevin... 'Cookie golems' steal babies and kill mothers. They are not nice!

Aella's a Cookie tree... she's nice!

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
20 May 2013 10:11 - 20 May 2013 10:12 #19 by Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy)
Replied by Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy) on topic May Highlights !
Hi there!!

Okay, first of all, I changed my username on the message boards. So, this is Craig Anderson, and I was playing the purple-haired satyr with the fuzzy legs. This was my first event ever.

As a new player, I was worried that KR might be cliquish and aloof. I found exactly the opposite to be true. SO many people asking me if I'd had any questions and if I was having a good time. I found myself apologizing for having so many N00B questions, but no one seemed to have a problem with any of that. So much helpfulness and goodwill. This must be how people get sucked into cults!! :woohoo:

So what moments stick out for me?

1. Dwarven Smiths, OMG the Dwarven Smiths.

"Why you have goat horns on your head? Did your mother have relations with goat?"
"No, him no GOAT! Him SAHtr"
"Soddr?"
"No, SAHtr"
"Him not Soddr! Soddr is when you melt metals to make them stick together ... ".
(I was dying. DYING!)

2. Meeting a fellow Satyr in Miss GinGinny GinRum, who explained to me the principles of fealty and vassalage.

3. The Drunken Bar Brawl in the woods was loads of fun. I felt like I couldn't do much since I had absolutely no offensive abilities, but found that I can use a stringed instrument to do exactly 0 damage when under the effects of a Berserker Rage brew. :lol: (Which also served to prove that the use of distraction should not be underestimated!)

4. Playing one of Granny's living dolls was the most fun ever. I know that we were not supposed to speak, but I pretty much decided that creepy unsettling laughter didn't count as "speech".

5. Becoming a vassal of Alisandria was a highlight for me. I've never been a vassal of ANYthing before! :cheer: Such a fun group of folks.

6. NPC-ing as a small shocker lizard and watching the Thunder Lizards try to play catch with the PCs. :lol:

In general, it was just an amazing weekend, and I had bunches and bunches of fun. I know I'm forgetting things, but those five above were the ones that stick out for me. The only downside? I think my Wifey is already sick of me babbling about how wonderful it was! :lol:

Ambrosius Petrichor
OOG: Craig Anderson

Ambrosius Petrichor
Vassal of Alisandria

OOG: Craig Anderson (purple-haired librarian guy)
Last edit: 20 May 2013 10:12 by Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy). Reason: GRAMMAR!! :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
20 May 2013 10:56 #20 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic May Highlights !
I don't even know where to start oh my gosh ok Judge. Thank you so much for letting me NPC for you, this was the most emotional event I've had in a long time.

JJ, Alice and Jen. I don't have words to describe how much I love you three. Really upset I didn't get to witness Mina's death, but I really didn't need to cry anymore than I already did this event.

Emily A. and Matt M., I hope you two realise how much you changed this event. Maggie and Winnie were ready to stand by Victor until the very end, until you two came along. I could not find it in my heart to hold anything against either of you and when Magnus picked Maggie up to carry her back to Julie's body I just. My prosthetic almost fell off beause of how much I was crying.

For the most part, forgiving the town, except for Wormwood. I was ready to start fighting again if I could breathe at all but I had no voice left at all.

Achievement unlocked: make Steve Oros cry.

Though I didn't PC for very long, I got to bring Antrim through the Phokus, which was quite the experience. Resurrection is one of my favourite things to do, because you get to see sides of characters that they don't show. Part of Angelica is pretty sure she said too much to change his opinion and I just. OW MY HEART.

I love everyone I interacted with you're all awesome jshakahskalalal lots of hearts!! :D

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Annora (Karen), Angeliana (Angeliana)
20 May 2013 11:40 #21 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic May Highlights !
I have yet to compile my thoughts as relates to the weekend. I wanted to say that as an RP marshal the level of intensity demonstrated by both the PCs and NPCs was superb. Much of the credit goes to Judge and the Monster Marshals who insured that everyone was well-prepared. Good role-playing is infectious. Newer players feed off of this and in turn become good players.

I never have awarded so many RP pts. On Sunday, I had to ask for cards. Sadly, I missed many other instances of excellent role playing, but one cannot be everywhere.

Congratulations to everyone who made this event one to remember. At least for "two weeks." :P

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Josephine (mferro54)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
20 May 2013 11:52 #22 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic May Highlights !
Wow this was just an amazing weekend. Every time I think I've experienced the whole gammet of KR something comes up to surprise me.

Normally I hate npcing but Friday night for Judge was so fun. It was really interesting to play a peasant and yell at the town all of the things I always wanted to say. I enjoyed getting the chance to meet a lot of newer pcs and answer a lot of their questions.

This was the first event in a very long time that I have actually been afraid to come into game and pc.

I saw such amazing rp this month that made me want to be a better player. I loved Jens' role as her npc I was so impressed, sadly I did not get to interact with the other npc's as much as I would have liked. I loved Judge's girls mod, turns out that we are really good at cat fightng :P

Every time I think I've run the whole span of emotions on Pesmerga even 5 years later it is coming back to bite me in the ass. It really continues to lead to interesting RP, thanks Geoff.

There were so many good rp moments this month from ironically defending Orias, to fighting with Billliumm to certain members of Kaledonia, Jack Cypher, and spending a surprising amount of time with the clergy, and so many more. Tari is definitely changing and its sort of terrifying since I don't know where all this is leading.

Last I really want to give thanks to Katelin C for painting the most amazing picture of Mike for us. It was truly beautiful. Thank you to everyone who came to his memorial including Chris, Jeremy, Brendan, and Liz, and Cooper. I am so glad all of you could make the trip. I think everyone who came made the event so special.

Last just the interesting rp that may force me to show up to the next event in two weeks, just because the amazing possibilities that may occur there.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Erdrick (Erdrick), Alex (Wormwood)
20 May 2013 12:51 #23 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie)
Replied by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie) on topic May Highlights !
What a great weekend! The plot was amazing, the mods a blast, and the special effects mind blowing! Thanks, Judge!

Saturday

-Arriving in town early morning to find bits of flesh hanging from trees was rather unnerving for Ben. Finding out what put them there didn't really help the situation.

-Following James up the road from Alisandria to the inn while playing the bagpipes was the single most exhausting 5 minutes of the weekend. Waking people up once I got into the inn did help to make up for it, though! ;)

-Finally buying a sword was nice, then promptly getting to use it to get all the other guys away from the mermaid that was clearly singing to Ben was awesome! Being downed almost immediately, not so much.

-The doll mod was awesome! A big open field with lots of slow moving targets is a crossbowman's paradise!

-Craig, your doll RP was probably the best NPC character I saw all weekend, and you didn't speak at all, just a creepy laugh and a terrifying smile!

-Feast was awesome as always, plus we got new squires in Alisandria!

-NPC shift was great for main mod. Pyrotechnics, sound systems, and projectors all made this a memorable experience!

Sunday

-Being waken up by NPC's sticking their heads in the tent "YOU SURVIVED!" Then fumbling with the crossbow before they were chased off.

-Finally learning Nail is so exciting! I can't wait to use it in a couple weeks!

-My last "concert" of the weekend by the watchtower was great! I am pleasantly surprised with how well the bagpipes were received around camp, with my hat having been filled with coin during that last performance. The barbarian walking around with a spell packet probably helped a bit, too!

All in all, great weekend and I can't wait to see you all again next wednesday!

OOG: Chris
IG: Benjamin Daimler
IG: Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow), Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
20 May 2013 13:18 - 21 May 2013 10:57 #24 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic May Highlights !
So aside from being in a state of semi-somnolence for most of the weekend, it was tons of fun finally getting to hang out with you all in-game and have conversations more meaningful than "RAAAARGH" *die.* And what an awesome weekend to come into the game! AMAZING amazing amazing everything, plot people - from turning up to find all the posters you'd spread around the camp, to poking at the entrails you'd slopped about the place, to the OUTSTANDING acting and costuming on behalf of all the NPCs (I'm not even going to pretend to have a shadow of a clue regarding what was going on, but you guys were brilliant!) Really awesome stuff. You guys royally kicked arse, whatever the heck it was you were doing, and I feel genuinely privileged to have been there to see it. Were we entertained? YES WE JOLLY WELL WERE.

Some EXCELLENT conversations with Gus spread across the whole weekend; talks about the nature of magic, gnomish inventions, and the general opinion of elves in Londwyn were all great! Looking forward to more in the future :-)

Trying in vain to explain how to use a spanner. Many people asked; few understood, fewer didn't try to hit something with it. IT'S A DELICATE SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENT

A number of awesome moments with Shane and Chris as Seamus and Bran - particularly Bran's impassioned warnings about supernatural beings, and Seamus demonstrating the benefits of magic by punching Arthur in the stomach. Great stuff guys, I love what you do!

Consistent awesomeness from the Ostcliff crew. You guys rock! I love the way your characters seem so tight-knit. It's very cool to see a land where the nobles really form a cohesive unit - as one would expect them to do.

A little impromptu sneaking lesson with Clove, which became surprisingly poignant when a bunch of giant lizardkin showed up to darken our day.
"Follow your instincts!"
"Ah... Right-o!" *runs away*

Really playing up the Londwyn-Selendrian condescension with a number of pointy-eared people. Big kudos to those of you who totally rolled with it and acted out the Selendrian mindset of judging individuals as, well, individuals, rather than judging races as a whole. It's a really cool dynamic and I'm looking forward to more of the same further down the line!

A very well-executed Tower Mod, which ran smoothly despite being plagued by every possible unfortunate occurrence! Thankyou Katie and Matt for a lovely afternoon in the maze :)

Chatting with Blacktree and Almat in the bar on Saturday night. Dat good ol' sheltered Londwynian stupidity. I was basically asleep on my feet at that point, but I remember some great moments listening to you both explain what you knew of Katta physiology - hope you both had fun too.

Returning my card to logistics on Sunday afternoon to discover that various people had sneakily signed a bunch of RP points onto it! You devious little rascals! ;) Thankyou for all the love - it's a great feeling knowing that someone somewhere has been enjoying your acting.

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 21 May 2013 10:57 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila)
20 May 2013 13:22 - 20 May 2013 13:33 #25 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)

Chris McKenzie wrote: -Arriving in town early morning to find bits of flesh hanging from trees was rather unnerving for Ben. Finding out what put them there didn't really help the situation.

The red strips on the fences and trees were something? We kept trying to find out what they were, but nobody seemed to know what they were or if they were even "in game" things.

Chris McKenzie wrote: -Following James up the road from Alisandria to the inn while playing the bagpipes was the single most exhausting 5 minutes of the weekend. Waking people up once I got into the inn did help to make up for it, though! ;)

You woke up the Monastery too....

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
Last edit: 20 May 2013 13:33 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor). Reason: bad quoting
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
20 May 2013 13:28 #26 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic May Highlights !

Chris McKenzie wrote: -Following James up the road from Alisandria to the inn while playing the bagpipes was the single most exhausting 5 minutes of the weekend. Waking people up once I got into the inn did help to make up for it, though! ;)

Now I know who to hunt down when I am woken up by bagpipes after 2 hours of sleep...

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trisana (Trisana)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
20 May 2013 13:35 #27 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic May Highlights !
I enjoyed this past weekend more than any other event I've attended, and I've had some damn fun events. I'm sure to leave out plenty, because everything was wonderful.

I said several times over the weekend that I think many female knight realms players judge how good an event was by how much they cried during it. If that's true, my event was a blast. I cried at least once per period. Invoke Crybaby!

Friday night was rough for me because the two characters I run to first whenever I have a problem were missing! However this lead to wonderful rp as I found a new shoulder to cry on, and let me tell you (as if you don't already know it) that Kwildar is a great crying shoulder for anyone. Mal, our conversation colored the rest of the weekend for me.

"We need to talk," from Lord Tartaros. *Gulp*

I can't say thank you enough to Diane, Luis, and Charlie for your help in the kitchen Saturday morning. I've learned a lot for next time.

Music box mod. Judge, watching you flit around from player to player whispering in their ears was great. I know I speak for more than myself when I say how great it is to have someone who works so hard to provide that personal touch whenever possible.

Getting to meet and speak with the older masters of the mage's guild at Janus' service. I think you all had a little too much fun blowing my mind with stories about the old days.

Feast pot roast was moist and delicious. Mmmm.

I don't know whose idea the projector was, but I jumped a mile when I came around the bend in the path and saw Xualla as tall as a tree!

My first lesson from Lord Ardentfyre. A very different teaching style than I am used to. Looking forward to more.

Gideon. Just Gideon.

Like I said, I'm leaving out a bunch of stuff here. Chances are if we talked at all during the weekend, you belong on my list. It was just that kind of game. Thanks to everyone involved! I'm eager to get to the Week in the Life.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
  • Aella
20 May 2013 13:47 - 20 May 2013 13:48 #28 by Aella (Onirazael)

CarlottaOZ wrote:
Music box mod. Judge, watching you flit around from player to player whispering in their ears was great. I know I speak for more than myself when I say how great it is to have someone who works so hard to provide that personal touch whenever possible.

This was my least favorite mod, quite possibly because I got dragged out of a really, really fun mod. IT is hard to get emotionally invested when you are off role wanting to finish out something you were really enjoying. But watching some of the character's responses was at least interesting. My biggest suggestion to that mod that would have made it more epic is if Judge was a bit more flexible in the player's efforts during that event.

Aella
Last edit: 20 May 2013 13:48 by Aella (Onirazael).
20 May 2013 13:48 #29 by Mordryn Lectar (mordy)
Replied by Mordryn Lectar (mordy) on topic May Highlights !
First off, I have to echo Craig's comments. This was my first event, and I was a wee bit nervous and unsure about what it would be like coming into an established group who share a history. But from the moment I arrived, everyone was very welcoming and friendly. Highlights? There was sooo much happening, and of course I barely know anyone's name, so it's hard to give appropriate credit to everyone who deserves it. As a full time NPC I saw so many interesting snippets.

- The warrior who insisted on giving the human dolls and possessed townsfolk a proper after death sendoff despite their antics because it was the right thing to do
- Playing a lizard and coming around a tree hissing to come face to face with a growling Keavey... just so you know, apparently growl beats hiss *chuckle*
- Sunday morning as NPC's scavenging and finding all the people still alive, to our surprise. James sending us to the next town with promises of no people and lots of magical trinkets to scavenge. And repeatedly telling everyone we came across that he sent us there.
- The awesome RP as we came to "aid" the survivors and debunk the old storyteller. Everyone who interacted was awesome!
- A big thanks to Chris ( I know, there's probably more than one.... someday I'll be able to say which one) for Saturday night. During the huge main mod battle as I fought a small group he was a part of he immediately called a hold when he saw I was about to back into a burning smoke bomb I didn't realize was there. It was a huge relief to know people were watching out for each other (and me) over and above the event.
- Thanks to Cory for showing me around when I first got there, giving me tips about being an NPC, and stopping whenever he ran into me to ask how things were going.

Thanks again to all for the patience with a thousand questions about what this skill does or how much damage is that weapon. Thanks to all who fought my various NPC incarnations for patiently dealing with clarify over and over as I tried to figure out exactly how they were killing me this time. Thanks to the more experienced NPC's for patiently going over the cards and explaining them. And a big thanks to all the marshalls who answered what I'm sure felt like endless questions and gave advice and encouragement.

OOG: Jim Melan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow), Goggs (coryan)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
20 May 2013 13:56 #30 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic May Highlights !
How could I forget! My three pet elementals that were brought by Ava and Zel and the gleeful look on my face as I showed them off to my brother and Gideon as I declared: "Look what I found!" Sure she didn't ACTUALLY find them, but she knew it would make her brother shake his head if it was said. Mal and Angel imitating Bat Cooper and the Guard as they marched was so hilarious. Bat--thanks for running with it when I said I think they want to march with them.

Aemorniel's interactions with her lord this moon were filled with little headshakes and smiles. Some people think Antrim is always really serious but somehow she has always been able to make him crack a smile or two. A prime example is the little smile Antrim gave when Aemorniel asked hesitantly if she could hug him when she first saw him after he was brought back as he gave permission, to which she took as permission to run up and full on glomp him. She loves her lord so she really was happy to see him back but trusted that he would come back. All of the vassals were happy in our own way--even clapping when Antrim was walking towards feast from the monastery though it made us look a bunch of assholes. Brodarvin love at its finest.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.860 seconds