May Highlights !

20 May 2013 14:16 - 20 May 2013 16:12 #31 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic May Highlights !
Friday:
-Bomb removal. Ilana was told she was cruel about it (though some found it hilarious I was just tossing bombs over my shoulder). I think she was kind considering what she knew. The fake blood still won't come off of my fingers.

-Listening outside during the brief meeting with Victor and the nobles. The chaos that ensued afterwards.

-NPCing was fun. My favorite role was the Andorran priestess :)

-Sleep? What's that? Ending my NPC shift and grabbing some breakfast/chasing down Keillor to drag him back to town.

Saturday:

-The theme of Saturday was the less sleep I have equals the more honest and speech deprived I get progressively during the day. It was kind of funny and a bit embarrassing.

-Finding a hammer and replacing a bunch of torn down posters. It was a serious RP thing but it looked so OOG at the same time. Ilana simply told people the reason was so the 'Angels' wouldn't get angrier. Also, people being very wary about Ilana walking around with a hammer in hand (and her hands at the time still very stained with blood)

-"Do they forget that we reanimate people Maxwell?" "Probably" Hearing the death count the next day.

-Spending some time with a very special scholar. Realizing something awful that was confirmed later on in the day.

-All the girls waiting to help the guys during mermaid mod. All the girls having to take care of themselves during their music box mod. Well, I guess Jonas was kind of around to make sure we didn't kill each other.

-The party of Janus and seeing old friends.

-/Armor Upgrade. Ilana's still pretending she's a fighter… But, slowly, she can at least work a little less on pretending.

Aemorniel wrote: Aemorniel asked hesitantly if she could hug him when she first saw him after he was brought back as he gave permission, to which she took as permission to run up and full on glomp him.

Funnily, Ilana simply said 'I know you don't like hugs...' Antrim said nicely she could and she exclaimed 'Oh thank you!' and squeezed him. Ilana's been in Pendarvin for almost 5 years now, a new lord's not allowed *grump*

-Erdrick coming up with amazing/terrible ideas. Better yet, offering Ilana to join in on them. End result: Unsuccessful, but interesting.

-Ilana offering to be Julie's friend. It was strange, but I won't get into why. Ilana was happy, even though she knew the inevitable.

-The funeral and the progressive deaths of the others and tending to them afterwards.

-Slightly revised goal for Ilana. So much research to try and sort through for the WitL.

-Mixing up who's who in Alicia's 'fan club' and two of them happened to be there at the time and got a bit annoyed with me. I found it funny honestly (re: go back to 'no sleep' comment)

-Deciding to have some hot chocolate and trying to sit down obviously spawns Dark clergy that wants to kill you.

-Saturday Late night/Sunday Morning: Maybe Ilana is allowed a nice thing. Or, she'll pretend at least.

-
Sunday:
-The tests of Finn and the final test, clearly the most difficult.

-Anne, the abandoned wife. At least Ilana knew better than to let her go home alone.

-Demon fight :D Though, it seemed to lose its limbs really fast or something. So I just kept pushing it around.
-"Keillor, these people obviously want that mark. So I'll just-"
*Keillor pushes Ilana up front* Yea, but you deserve it. Now get up there.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 20 May 2013 16:12 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick), Angeliana (Angeliana), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
20 May 2013 14:24 #32 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic May Highlights !
Due to personal reasons I had to leave for a good portion of the event which made me sad because I heard a lot of awesome things happened but I had a lot of fun for the time I was there.

FRIDAY:

First having Zelretch back in town. He generally acts as the one force that keeps Ava from doing something she really shouldn't do. That being said he was the one who kept her from mindlessly attacking the peasants that were insulting her. She wanted to attack them more out of annoyance than anything else but Zelretch made sure that didn't happen.

Listening to all the screaming of the people getting operated on. Making comments along the lines of "People shut up when I help them" in the context of "I kill the people I help" was great. Had a few other off hand comments I made to people who were verbalizing their distress about being unable to help them.

Hiding in the tree line with Ming and recently returned Shiku after being urged to run away by Zafarin. Ava doesn't usually do the whole sneaky thing but she does have a general preference for staying alive. Also feeling a slight tinge of worry about Zelretch since he seemed to have disappeared. Really, over the months Ava has developed some affection for the man. Which worries her since now he can be used against her.

BISCUITS (aka muffins) From Jack whenever Ava did something good or desirable. I was hungry OOG so it was definitely appreciated.

Shiku either intentionally or Unintentionally insulting Ava when he was trying to get her to go fight the crazy vampire like people. He didn't give her a chance to gather her thoughts and stormed off. Ava insulted, attempted to follow but was at first grabbed by Zelretch who tried to convince her she'd be a liability. Then Fearing him and running out to catch up, only to be restrained again my Zelretch who drank enough alchemy to be stronger than her and unaffected by the fear and being dragged back inside the inn.

Gathering grass for the Rudolph and Zelretch who were doing Alchemy things. Ava, the menial task doer.

SATURDAY:

Herding the not quire fire elementals around. Then referring to them as cats.

Early morning hearing about the Wormwood Fiasco and having the sentiment of : "Wormwood isn't that stupid to just go and do those things. He was obviously not in his own mind" Then later when she found out that Ming had placed a bounty on him threatening to Renounce her name and vassalship to Ostcliff if the bounty was filled successfully.

Music box mod. Besides literally being a minute from death at one point (thanks Dan :P ) this was so intense for Ava. When I developed Ava I have placed several topics/subjects/lines/items that given context will cause Ava to just break down and not be able to access any of her power. Only previously had someone sort of successfully did this. This mod single handed hit multiple of these things. Ava felt like she could relate so heavily so the NPC child that had the fighting continued for much longer she would have lost all will to fight. Then when Angelina asked if Ava was alright Ava has to use everything left in her to try and push Angelina away. She then stayed and watched the funeral for the remains of the child.

Insult lesson with Wormwood. Sorry for being so slow with calling Wormwood out on his weakness. I was trying to decide whether or not Ava would be able to figure it out since, as a psych major, I'm inclined to psychoanalyze characters at times. Also: I found it hilarious when Wormwood called Ava a do nothinger because he has been the only one to notice Ava's lethargy without actually realizing what it is. I really need to get it fixed >.> Also kudos to Angelina again for almost getting Ava to explode when she started to bring up the music box thing. Ava really hopes that most people who noticed her forget about it. As always A+ RP With Alex who always incites some sort of growth in Ava. (even if it is just anger and frustration at times)

Syn losing her children. I liked the whole tremor thing. Ava was really unsure how to deal with what happened. Unfortunately in the end it manifested in her and Zelretch making dead baby comments (not in the presence of Syn). I swear she's not totally insensitive.

May or May not end up being able to make the weekend portion of WITL. If not I will hopefully see everyone in June!

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
20 May 2013 16:36 #33 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic May Highlights !
This has been the best event since last june, from the incredibly intense roleplay, to the entertaining interactions.

The biggest highlight being the privilege to see what was going on behind the scenes during main mod.

Other things include:

Elric's face vs the tree.
I have no clue who it was, but to the one who swung Elric indo a tree, that was awesome.

Most. Backward. Night. Ever.
The town is trying to kill us, Tanith is saving people and having drinks with us... Elric can only take so much before he breaks. Sam, you were awesome.

Viktor's discovery about how a certain high elf scholar's dress doubles as a straight jacket.

Judge's reaction to the shocker lizards.

I will post more later!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
20 May 2013 16:54 #34 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic May Highlights !
So, for having to green headband and therefore miss bunch of awesomeness, pained legs, and spending way too much time in the kitchen, this turned out to be a pretty awesome event anyways.

First of all, I'm thrilled with all the thanks I got for feast. My biggest highlight? Having a hobbit tell me this was her favorite feast yet.
Seriously, thank you so much to my helpers, I couldn't have done it without you!

Also, so much thanks to Judge for the awesomeness of the weekend plot. As a character who lives in the grey, it was awesome watching people get pulled out of their black and white world. The little bit of interaction I got with it was fantastic, and I wish I wasn't in so much pain late late Friday that I couldn't get down to talk to more with the Book of remembrance. I loved the RP I got with Julie (which was mostly standing back and listening, because Almat's brand of comforting would NOT have worked, and being very sad both about her situation and also my own inability to help in any way), especially when it was Lethias, and I being really annoyed no one was letting Julie in to the inn just because of the blue and trying to get her to tell us her story anyways (and failing miserably at doing anything to calm her down >.<).

I had so many awesome conversations this weekend! Not enough of them were related to plot, but the amount of teaching I did was awesome. And I don't mean using the skill. New players, you guys are ALL awesome, and I love getting to explain things to you, both IG and OOG. I hope to continue getting to interact heavily with all of you!

Being in the Armory with Gideon, Verrill, Fela, Alicia, Trisana, and a few more people who's names I'm blanking on, was fantastic. Yay for teaching Lyric of Inspiration and the awesome discussion of the different types of casting that came out of it. As was the discussion of knowledge and seeking the truth and gods and biases that happened there with Verrill. I also loved the long conversation with Fela about the weave and how the neutral gods work in connection to the light and dark pantheons. Awesome questions, seriously, made me think a bunch.

All the discussion with Arthur. Yes, I loved that conversation, and showing off my pocket watch the following morning. I need more IG understanding of science!

All the awesome with Rowan. You pull out Almat's mischievous streak even more than Tris and Aemorniel! (Tris...the "game" with Elric's vest...OMG)

Seeing Aemorniel again! There must be more of it!

The dark clergy Sunday morning. Ben, awesome job with yours! I was so sad to discover your NPC was dark after all!

Teaching climb. I practically forgot I had that skill...had to figure out on the fly how to explain it to people without claws.

I can't wait for WitL! Hopefully the cane or at least the green headband will be gone, but I know I'll have an AWESOME time anyways!

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow), Faila (Faila)
20 May 2013 19:41 #35 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic May Highlights !
Well to start off...Judge, fandamtastic job man, you really out did yourself and I was seriously afraid for my life this weekend, I thought I missed the days of KR when you couldn't walk alone around town, but after this I'll let you know how I feel later :)

Friday -

Having the barn explode, running to get a noble and realizing the only nobles who were not in the barn were Slack, Cypher and James Hellock, then telling Slack that the barn exploded with all the nobles inside o_O

Saturday -

Meeting with an ancestral Sith who came to make the Dragoons a tighter knit fighting force and learning how to be a Sith from him :)

Lizardkin mod with giant lizardkin and Heralds of Sakatha and after killing the final one I come to find out I just started a war with the Lizardkin o_o Gene great stuff man I am loving it!

Main mod was crazy, but enjoyed the look on the face of Sir Cinder when I told him I was digging a hole to bury his body in after I killed him :)

Playing a delusional farmer shortly after main mod who kept toasting to Xualla in the inn. Steve, Norm, Sam and JJ you guys were fantastic in trying to deal with me I loved every minute of that RP. (seriously thought Aleister was going to kill the farmer)

Sunday -

Dark Clergy and Demons, loads of fun

Can't wait to be back for the whole event for week in the life see you all there!!!!

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
20 May 2013 19:46 #36 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic May Highlights !
Pre-KR: Thursday night shenanigans! I had a wonderful time with all of you and couldn’t think of a better way to have fun and relax after a year of school.

I love the fact that NPC wolves are sent out and specifically interact peacefully with Keavy. Danielle, I had so much fun playing a playful wolf pup and interacting with your PC!

Also while on the NPC shift, I put on elf ears for the first time! I’ve always wanted to play a sylvan and a ranger, so thank you, Chris, for giving me that role.

Ravynn’s special brew and Tatsuya’s tea and noodles!

The Hungry Ogres wanting to eat the Halfling :(

The mermaid costume was probably the best costume I’ve ever seen at KR.

And after that, music box mod! That mask was so creepy. Rowan had so many emotions tied to music, her childhood, and the absence of a prominent male figure while growing up. Also: Day-um! Dat catfight!

So, Rowan feels nauseous. How can I milk this for what its worth? I know! Spit-up some iced tea :D!!!

FEAST! The food was fantastic! It was an honor helping out in the kitchen (I promise nest time I’ll pay attention when you tell me to stop pouring!).

Thank you, Gene, Sharone, and the brave Dwarf who performed the Unicorn song/dance (I apologize for forgetting your name, but you had me cracking up!) It was great that you all came up and entertained everyone. I was worried that there would be a lack of entertainment at Feast since Croi was absent, but once again, Travance’s heroes save the day… or the feast!

The best history lesson! OOG, Sharone didn’t know Arawyn’s history, so she and I walked through what our characters were talked about. “Blah did blah de blah at the blah blah and that’s why we have blah blah today.”

There is too much to say about the Xualla mod and the funeral. Really, I don’t have words for the awe and sorrow I felt……..Though I will mention that Rowan (not Teresa, but ROWAN) lost her appetite.

Different shenanigans with Aemorniel, Almat, and the Grumbleguts. I thought everyone was joking when they told me about the Angus’s proposal, or at least he was joking. I knew sh*t was real then Gina went back IG just to start screaming at Rowan. Also, Aemorniel’s backbeard.

Jonas Kane’s wedding wishes to Ardin and Mirwin. Priceless.

Belching with Bran!

To JJ, Jen, Tori, and Alice: Even though I didn’t get to interact with all of you, your dedication , your roleplaying, and your energy made the some of the best NPC roles I have ever seen. And Judge, the event was spectacular! Really, the respect and appreciation I have for you as a storyteller and as a creative mastermind blows through the stratosphere. Thank you, man!

See ya crazy larpers in a few weeks! <3

(OOG) Teresa Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
20 May 2013 21:02 #37 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic May Highlights !
Another thing:
Dueling belches

Okay more than one thing:
Viktor's delusion kicking in as he was learning to fix major insanity... Or, as Viktor calls it; "large buckets of crazy."

Arrow in the butt.

Trap camping.
Scaring the crap out of a lizardkin as I cought the sonofa trying to sneak into caelvin and keavy's tent.
Apparently I can look ominous when I need to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aella (Onirazael)
20 May 2013 21:17 #38 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic May Highlights !
So, considering I didn't get involved in all of the between-game stuff Judge was doing with so many people, I thought this was going to be a pretty low-key event for me. Boy was I wrong. When Jen F showed up to the Mage's Guild meeting, it ended up turning into one of the most emotional scenes I've ever had at KR. Thank you so much to Jen, Emily, Stacey, and Geoff for making it everything that it could be. I carried that emotion the whole rest of the day, all the way to post main mod and Julie's funeral. Only a couple people heard what Winks said when he knelt at her grave, but it was the only way I could think of for him to bring closure to the events of the day.

Another unrelated highlight was Cameron's mod early Saturday. It was the second month in a row I was able to use my utility skills, and it felt pretty good.

See everyone next week!

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
  • Hold the line, never falter.
  • Thank Yous: 31
20 May 2013 21:24 #39 by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
Replied by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe) on topic May Highlights !
Firstly I have to say that this is the most awesome LARP I have ever had the pleasure of attending. The story is so rich and the whole set up is spectacular. All the people are friendly and everybody made me feel extremely welcome! I can't wait for week in the life and I'm already plotting for all the adventures.

But as for the May event I'm going to list my encounters by the people I rp'd with. I'm also sorry if I get names mixed up, I'm horrible with them!

Firstly I have to give a shout out to Dan, Clark, and Dustin. Without them I wouldn't have even known about KR. They're awesome people and it was so fun to RP with them. Kain was all about taking my PC as a student and teaching her, which she gladly jumped on. Oakroot was just funny and Dustin OOG had me almost crying a few times. Lets put it this way, Elf gangam style. Enough said.

Then there is Gina! I think the most memorable moment I had with her/Arden was the main Mod. Aelyria was so confused about names since there were so many people there. She was asking Cappy what his characters name was again because he wanted to rally the Dragoons together. Well Arden thought Ael was talking to her so said "Arden" and before Cappy could answer Aelyria screams at the top of her lungs: "All Dragoons rally to Lord Arden!" The looks on their faces were priceless! It was the biggest uberderp I had all game. Meanwhile, somewhere on the battlefield Ardenfire was probably going "Whut?" Hahaha! But yes, Rping with Arden was fun even if it was only brief.

I especially enjoyed the little scenes with Cory (Arthur). His PC makes Aelyria facepalm so hard. Goggs: "I don't believe in Magic or the Gods. They aren't real." Aelyria: -Deadpan. Facepalm- "Ya be rememberin' that when ya' need healin' or thar's a fireball goin' fer yer face. Or an undead gnawing on yer arm. Or a Druid trappin' ya with vines. Or a Nyad drownin' ya with water magic." He was so funny! I loved his character to bits. Ael calls him 'Tinkerer'. Hehehe.

Can't forget the one Dryad lady. (I'm so sorry, I don't remember your name.) Her body paint was awesome and she talked in such a cute little voice. I really liked Rping with her in the Drunken newb mod, though was sad when I got pulled away from that one. It was pretty fantastic and funny as heck. My PC was so drunk when she got pulled away for that Music Box Mod. She was staring at the little pink butterflies and making bawdy comments while 'enchanted' by the monster. Got her butt kicked there too! Yet it was so fun!

Gideon was so awesome to hang around with too. Aelyria wanted to pick his brains but didn't want to be disrespectful. She's so intrigued by the gods now because of him. OOG, I really want to thank you for letting me bunk in the forge Geoff. I was so cold and you have no idea how much I appreciated that warm bed. I owe you an OOG boon! ;)

Alicia, your Pc's costume is just so pretty. Aelyria didn't get to interact with her much, aside from dragging her away from her death a few times, but in the future I hope to rp with you more! She seems like a lovely character!

A special thanks goes out to Magnus, Judge, and James for helping me through all the confusion. I don't know how many times I said 'Clarify' and looked like a confused owl, then you guys made sure I knew what was going on. You three, plus Gina, were my go-to people for May event! Though Dan, Clark, and Dustin were sure to prep me as much as they could before I dove in head first!

And the Mods! Man, the mods were spectacular! Friday, Aelyria had all to do to keep herself alive and restrain some of the more zealous newbs from getting slaughtered! IG it was so much fun, the tension between the new players..death everywhere...Aelyria going "NOPE NOPE NOPE" when she was in a group that got ambushed around midnight. Then jumping in after getting her feet wet and going balls to the proverbial wall.

I want to thank all the people who cooked in the kitchens and those who were behind the bar, too. You guys did such a fantastic job with the food and keeping everybody fed. Man, that pot roast stew was spectacular. It makes me regret missing feast!

There was just so much awesome going around all over the place! I'm sorry if I missed anybody in all of that, I loved rping with all of you! You were all spectacular and I can't wait for WITL!

PS: Dear Keavy, here Kitty Kitty Kitty! HEHEHE
PSS: Shiku Na has the Shiku DUH. Alex, you'll get what I mean.
PSSS: Sam, "OH NOOOOOO". LOL

Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
Clergy of Galladel
Champion of Galladel
Centurion

Riley Kane

OOG Name: Kayla Arold
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow), Aella (Onirazael)
20 May 2013 21:49 #40 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic May Highlights !

Rowan wrote: The best history lesson! OOG, Sharone didn’t know Arawyn’s history, so she and I walked through what our characters were talked about. “Blah did blah de blah at the blah blah and that’s why we have blah blah today.”

"No, not quite, it was at the bloo, but close." It was pretty great ^^

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
20 May 2013 22:10 #41 by Kunkel Anvilhorn (Kildrig)
Replied by Kunkel Anvilhorn (Kildrig) on topic May Highlights !
Sure either Hunkel or Dunkel will be along with their own thoughts or possibly both.

Second trip to KR this year and continue to be amazed with the depth of story, roleplay, and immersion this game has. Wish we could have been more engaged but the Smithy kept us busy nearly the entire event.

There were some fun times the bit we did get to play including the time with the Satyr during the new player group on Friday night and meeting the other dwarf in the group. Hunkel's drunkenness in the bar Friday night was hysterical as was his unicorn song during feast. Nearly lost it Saturday night while working on a leather project when out of nowhere spells were being thrown into the smithy and seeing Hunkel fall. Thanks to all who dropped the necromancer that night.

Only got to NPC 1/3 of the main Saturday night mod and wish I could have the remainder. Was fun dying so many times.

Want to thank everyone for their patronage at the auction Saturday before feast and for visiting the Smithy. Made some great friends while working on projects.

And the feast!!!! Must say one of the better meals I have had LARPing in a very long time. Hat's off to the chef and all her helpers.

Hope to make the 13+ hour trip out again in the next few months as long as money is available.

IG: Eldest of the Anvilhorn Brothers & co-owner of DwarvenPaths Smithy

OOG: Jeff J
The following user(s) said Thank You: Odo Garaath (Odo), Aemorniel (Aemorniel), Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
21 May 2013 00:47 #42 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic May Highlights !

Aelyria Rowanoak wrote:
Can't forget the one Dryad lady. (I'm so sorry, I don't remember your name.)

I think everyone calls me the dryad lady. :P Or wife...

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy)
  • Gabriel Chance
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The guy who does the things
  • Thank Yous: 265
21 May 2013 01:25 #43 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
Replied by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor) on topic May Highlights !

Aella wrote:
I think everyone calls me the dryad lady. :P Or wife...

OR COOKIE TREE!!!!!

Also, I had a blast, the amount of character development I saw and I had was awesome, and a lot of good rp came from those moments. A+ Judge-Plot. Would Judge-Plot again.

Gabriel Chance
High Arcanist of Drega'mire
Binder of the Vestige Argolarium the Bound King

OOG:Drew Benton
Officer
Story Teller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Annora (Karen), Goggs (coryan)
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
21 May 2013 01:42 #44 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic May Highlights !
I had a great time this weekend even after getting hurt.

Sitting in the monastery with Syn was amazing RP. Sitting on the floor with her as she cried made me start crying as well.

Sitting in the monastery talking with Rayven when suddenly "Smash door" and just thinking in game 'Oh hell, there goes the night' Then getting cut down. Rayven also going down and Billium saving the both of us.

More when I'm not loopy on pain meds.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), Faila (Faila)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
21 May 2013 03:31 - 21 May 2013 13:52 #45 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic May Highlights !
I honestly don't even know where to start, so I'll start at the beginning:

Monday, January 28th, I get a series of text messages that read: "So I have a role for you. I have this thing where I try and match people up with what i think they can strongly play. ONLY if you're interested. If you're in you gotta be 100%. I've seen your rp and I need someone with emotionally moving power. I think you've got it." -Judge.

My response was immediate and in my trademarked all caps INTERESTED PLEASE CONTINUE.

I had absolutely no idea what I was getting into, I just knew I wanted in.
Holy wow.
The amount of trust, control, and inclusion he gave us as NPC's and players absolutely enhanced all aspects of this event. His "That's neat, lets do it" approach to ideas was so incredibly exciting and confidence boosting. His enthusiasm is contagious and his ideas are awesome. How he treats and involves his npcs is beyond the duty of the being a storyteller, it is his choice, and it's effect is incredible. We were a team. The May-A-Geddon family. Joking RP between us all had sprang up completely by accident in the comments of the boards we used to plan this thing. As such, the hearts and bonds of the characters existed far before we were at camp. We wrote and read each others stories. We knew the characters before we even saw each other in their shoes. And as some of you may or may not know, we were never told the twist, and were all locked away in James's apartment for the whole hour before we stormed the Inn the final time. Everything past that point was completely ad-libbed and improv'd, minus Julie's death (though again, we didn't know it would happen). None of it was planned. Judge said "React as your character would. Don't worry about what I would want, just let it happen." And wow did it happen.

My true highlight is the week before the event, where everyone was throwing together last minute ideas. Alice, Tori, and I were drawing the posters, Katie was working on her dolls and make up, JJ was making jelly babies (dear god) , Geoff was excited about the overalls and shovel boffer, Tori was testing out burn make up, I was teasing my hair into a mess, Alice was writing bed time stories constantly, Tori and I were rewriting Le Mis songs to be Larp-related, everyone was altering their cards and concepts to be more refined and detailed, and Judge was the ever encouraging mind spearheading the whole thing.

Once at camp, it became Lets-Make-It-Happen go time.
Fake blood powder instructions: "Use as Desired", Judge screaming "BEAR?!"every five seconds, each of us trying to figure out if water or personal lubricant would make a better fake blood (we went with a little of both and a hand full of sand), Jenny slowly piecing together and making the KICKASS mermaid costume, wading thigh deep into the lake in costume to hide boxes, research and development on making the paper-towel-entrail stomaches, fearing wether or not PCs would mind getting messy (gosh, you guys, you made us so proud by digging into those stomachs and running into the water <3), getting notifications on facebook every five seconds of Judge blowing something new up for main mod, finally getting into costume and kicking it off and watching the whole thing play out. Once in game, it was a weird sort of happy sad, where we all wanted to watch each other's mods go off and we saluted each others deaths. It was so strange.

It felt like being on stage. Larp is absolutely a form of theater, but this event really kicked it in the feels for me. Watching Geoff, Katie, and JJ make their final entrance/exits. Bonding with Tori and Alice over just everything while being basically "backstage" before main mod. It was so exciting. So nerve wracking.

I'm just going to say it again for the thousandth time.
Thank you Judge for including me in this.
And thank you to the rest of the NPC's for being such excellent individuals.

ON TO EVENT HIGHLIGHTS

Quinn and Magnus. Both. The two of them were a tag team of understanding. There was NO WAY for my NPC to hate them, to fight them, to rationalize attacking them. They were THE ONLY ONES to have that affect on my NPC, they were THE most attentive PCs in the game. They were able to subdue moments where massacring riots could easily have taken place. They did not throw a fit when we accused them of being wrong. The didn't use us yelling or fighting or attacking as an excuse to swing at us. They didn't look at us like we were an annoyance or call us crazy or try to relate to us. They apologized to us. They acted. They absolutely changed my npc's mind by the end. But it was ONLY THEM that did it. If they were not there, Winnie would have fought along side Victor easily. EASILY. The conflict those two brought to the npcs made the game THAT much more compelling and intense and totally surprising. The fact that by the end, my NPC still HATED, absolutely HATED Travance, but could not bring herself to raise a hand against them knowing that Magnus and Quinn would step in the way of the strike is ridiculous. She couldn't fight, but she couldn't live with herself walking away from her one opportunity, her one last chance to make some sort of stand against the town. Unstoppable force meets immovable object moment. Talk about some intense inner dilemmas, especially for an NPC character. All because of Quinn and Magnus. They quite literally changed the game for my NPC. And I know I am not the only NPC who feels this way. They deserve recognition.

To add on, Aleister also played a role in changing my NPC's mind. He paced her at one point while she was still torn, he was screaming "DON'T TOUCH HER", stopping anyone from attacking her, and then intercepted an absurd amount of hits from Maggie, protecting both Quinn and Winnie from her onslaught. It was the only gesture of selfless protection Winnie received from someone she had not spoken to or interacted with at all.

The funeral for Julie.
Just... yeah. That was amazing. I couldn't believe how quiet everyone was. Everyone singing amazing grace, passing the bottle around, the priests and speakers, everything. Just all of it.
It was utterly touching. And Gideons staff lit it perfectly.
Also, fun thing, when Gideon handed Winnie a coin to place on Julie's eyes, my first thought as Winnie was "You place gold coins on the eyes of your dead." That was probably the first time she ever held a gold coin. It absolutely wracked me for a few seconds.

One of the most poignant moments was Magnus offering them a place to stay, Maggie and Winnie agreeing, both full well knowing they would be dead by the end of the night if they didn't get anymore of the compound.
It was a very sad, very hopeful, very damning, with the rose colored glasses turned all the way up.

Magnus carrying Maggie everywhere. Star gazing. Sitting with them when they died.

Winnie: "what are you doing"
Quinn: "Im hugging you"
Winnie: "i don't want you to hug me"
Quinn: "I know, i don't care"

Fighting side by side with Quinn.

"Once upon a time, there was a nobody who died and saved everybody."

"Give them two weeks." -Orias Wormwood.
Alex, I have no words for how perfect that was.
Especially since you walked right past my line of vision through a crowd of people who decided to miraculously part as you said it.

FOR THE SILLY STUFF

Helping Judge hunt down Syn for baby extraction.

All of the blood and guts that I got to play with throughout the event.

Cory and Gus, I LOVE YOU BOTH FOR JUMPING IN THE LAKE.

Teresa spitting iced tea over the railing when Rowen was nauseous.

Getting to be an impromptu white head band for a few mods that I wanted to watch and being asked to call skills/flavor text.

I have never had so many people thank/congratulate me for making them cry.

"...Are you cleaning the trees?"
Yes, yes I was.

I know I am missing so much.
But regardless, I've said way too much as it is.

This was amazing. I love this game.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 21 May 2013 13:52 by Croínamara (Jen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), Alex (Wormwood), Nicoletta (fyperia), Annora (Karen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Goggs (coryan), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Biron Uidhir (Eddie Colon)
21 May 2013 08:21 #46 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic May Highlights !

Croínamara wrote: Thank you Judge for including me in this.
And thank you to the rest of the NPC's for being such excellent individuals.

He truly knew what he was doing when he picked you guys. My character never had much in the way of direct interaction with you guys, but man did you guys move him and make him think. OOG I'm embarrassed at some of Caldor's suggestions on how to calm your NPC down, but it all boiled down to just how your emotions just took him off his comfort zone.

Again, serious props to you guys for the NPC work and to Judge for tying you all together so well.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
21 May 2013 09:01 #47 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic May Highlights !
My highlights:

-Being told to "enjoy the rest of my evening" by Cinder after being allowed to sit at the bar, unmolested, as an openly evil high ranking Galmachian priestess with Greater Dread Wraith in tow. James Jones, knowing Bat couldn't take me, was still the only person to really try to confront me and challenge me. It was excellent.

-No one fighting Tanith, and all the wonderful stories Sam told me about his interactions later.

-The endless amusement Kristen felt at the supreme frustration Elawyn felt at the hypocrisy that is Travance surrounding Wormwood. Its a sad day in Travance when defending Orias is the right and just thing to do, especially for my PC.

-Hanging out with Antrim and Cinder, being despondent and honest.

-Having both my student and my squire at my sides on mainmod. Wish we had something really big to fight together - maybe someday. Along these lines, defense training with Keavy with Brinden on the assist. You two make my events.

-Nihilist Druid conversations about hope and the importance of the choices people make.

-Oh and ruining sad RP time with far too appropriate land system jokes. I have no regrets. What more CAN Elawyn do for the peasants, when Fyrithil is at 109% public order? ;)

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
21 May 2013 12:58 #48 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic May Highlights !
What an awesome event! Thanks for the opportunity to RP outside of the event, Judge, and letting Keavy be involved IG with a few things. Sign me up for an NPC role next time you run the weekend!

FRIDAY:
The build up of excitement for Lay on taping the fake blood and guts bellies to our own. Complaining about how pregnant we felt before anyone arrived to save us, haha.
I liked the fact that Keavy being kidnapped was a somewhat last minute decision. I think it added to the shock value since no one knew she was even missing, then finding out she has a bomb in her stomach surely must have set the tone. I know it did for a few people in particular.
All the bloody mess and screaming! So much fun, wish I could do more of that haha!
Being supported back to the inn, beaten and bloody, by Orion who tried to comfort her the entire way. Chaotic enough for you, Kevin?
Having people try to console Keavy, only to have her put them down.
Being rushed into the monastery after hearing a bunch of the high seasons were dropped and filling the crowd in about who Mina Wolfe is and how Keavy knows her. Then when the slightest whisper that Caelvan was in that area where the others dropped, freaking out and rushing for the door to be stopped by those who could manage to grab me!

Finding Caelvan alive and shouting "Where were you?!" as I pushed him. Then crying in his arms and having him carry me back to the inn.
Vampire...things. Taunting Keavy and nearly killing her.
Seeing Mina Wolfe outside the armoury and trying to empathize with her and apologize. She wavered for a moment then ran off... Sadly being the last time Keavy would see her again.
A somewhat moment of calm with wolves patrolling. Telling them to relay a message back to the dryad they were sent by, and playing a bit.
Then Varg happened.
Getting brutally beaten by Varg and earning another insanity! Every Insanity Keavy has is perfect for her.
And although the mod with the mask I made didn't go down, I still loved Gina's character. "Help me find my piggy!"
Actually sleeping again!

SATURDAY:
LM shift shenanigans. Bagels and noodles! And kittens!! And regrets. (Missing Mina's death. D: )
Sparring session with Rane and teaching him bits of lessons in fighting with Alyeun and Jade.
Helping deal with a Lizardkin king and his cronies.
Then the Menagerist wanting Shocker Lizard eggs. What a disaster. (Not the mod, but the fact that it was much harder than expected! Nearly died!)
Coming back from that to see Viktor Lorvin in the distance and pointing him out to Magnus. Cloaking in the bush to try to listen in on their conversation.

As they left, deciding to have a chat with Orias by the waterfront. Seriously one of the best moments of RP I've ever had, especially with Alex. A real eye opener for Keavy.
Heading back to the inn to meet with Elawyn.
Sparring session with Lord Brightstar, learning the better way to hold my stance, and finding my weak spot. It's going to take a lot of getting used to.
Helping Tari with a change self lesson for Rudolph. "Your ears are still floppy and half of your facial hair is still on your face."
Feast! Shenanigans with Orion/Kevin. I had made Keavy IG starve for Mina, but OOG I was eating just fine.

Keavy: -OOG takes a forkful of food into mouth- I told you, Orion, I'm not hungry.

Sitting with Grumbleguts as they listnened to Rowan sing. "I like her back beard, and I've seen the way she eats and drinks! I wanna marry her. MARRY ME! MARRY ME!!"
Keavy getting drunk off Rayven's ale. Don't think I didn't see you watching, Alex! Then sobering immediately when Elawyn fell.

MAIN MOD:
SURPRISE VIKTOR LORVIN!
Being all battle ready and following Elawyn everywhere only to not hit a darn thing again. There is always next time.
Helping protect Julie and encourage her to keep writing Xualla away. Then carrying her to the waterfront for her funeral. Meanwhile, people thinking Keavy was dead due to Gywenned mistakingly thinking Xualla killed her. He didn't even bat an eyelash at Keavy haha.
Stopping an Aguaran ritual, hunting down the anti-paladin that ran out from it with Ilana and Orion and getting some sweet items.
Then...Trying to help Annora with something to do with Malacytes and Aguarans. Totally confusing. Keavy wasn't happy.

SUNDAY:
More noodles!
Druid pow-wow.
Beating up a bunch of demons!
Finally learning Repel with an intense sparring session with Oakroot and Elawyn.

Can't wait for the next. I'll only be at the first half of the Week in the Life, then it will be super worry/focus time for Japan, so I'll see you then!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Alex (Wormwood), Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
21 May 2013 16:08 #49 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
Replied by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na) on topic May Highlights !
More things I remembered! Helping baby sit baby Orion during market fair and people walking by semi confused. Pointing out to Dan that baby Orion is the best phys rep ever <3
At the point when victor came in the inn during main mod.. syn broke down. Normally she couldn't have reacted that badly to all the fighting and what not, but when he made his presence known after her loosing her babies it was only natural. She fought with Syllus and Gwynne who were shielding her from the whole fight because she wasn't going to have them risk their lives for her. When everyone had to get outside she lost it. At that point she had someone get Shiku for her and while they took her away from the fighting he said he was completly useless most of the time. Alex I wanted to slap you . Shiku was one of the main people who gave her strength to literally keep living. After their arguments, and encouragments.. he helped her fight emotional. so maybe you couldn't be as much as a badas fighter under normal circumstances, but he fought for her in order to make her see she couldn't give up. and in my book that means more then any kind of posi damage or lesson.
Making sure she didn't answer any question she didnt want to, making sure she had a weapon because Shiku knew at that point syn was strong enough to defend herself..
You did a lot buddy , you did a lot.

I can't fatham how she managed to still be apart of the xualla mod after all that happened. And when she thought she wasted invisibility in order to get to the forge field cause it was pitch dark; according to a lot of people that was a brilliant idea lol. She surprised me.. ME when she went to Julie's funeral and didn't feel for her.
I had no goals for syn this weekend except to stay alive. But when I talked to judge and he kept assuring me I can do this.. having people believe in you really does go a long way. I didn't know what I was doing most of the time..
I fed off of everyone else's emotions and surroundings. Syn was in the safest place with one of the safest people ( Sir Hellock ) she could be with and it hurt her that people regreted not being able to do anything because she accepted the fact that there was nothing anyone could have done.

-> Sannyiah ' Syn ' Amarie Tempest Na

Healer of Travance
Ambassador of Alisandria
Apprentice to Aiden DelDragon
Apprentice to Gregor Borowitz
OOG: Karla

And though she be but little.. she be fierce,,
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
21 May 2013 18:46 - 21 May 2013 18:47 #50 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic May Highlights !
I will start by repeating this: Judge, and my May-A-geddon family; thank you all so very much for all the planning, dedication, emotion, sweat and tears that went into this event for months in advance. It was a complete pleasure to work with every single one of you and be a part of something so amazing. It was truly an honor and a privilege.

From writing the background story, to planning costume and props to writing all of the stories Julie would bring to life, to planning music and recording her final story... All highlights.

Every interaction I had as Julie Rose Ruth Tellmein was great. Some that stood out:

~ Being bullied by the other NPCs and Victor Lorvin, being mocked and yelled at for being weak. Victor: "Mina, if she cries or keeps whining rot her tongue." :blink:
~ Going in an out of someone who was driven insane by grief, to someone who was so angry/full of hatred and sorrow which fueled her vengeance, to a kind loving and protective mother, to someone who was scared to her very core.
~ In a moment of lucidity wanting to help and save "the one called Jade" who was dying, no one listening to her. Being attacked and getting weapons drawn on her. Thanks for proving Victor's point...
~ Getting consoled and protected by Quinn. Julie was about to storm off in anger and write/tell a terrible story. You stopped her and made her break down instead. You brought out the mother in her. A+ rp Emily and later on Damien. Kudos on giving her good reasons to help and convincing her to write a small story for the charming knight of Winterdark ;)
~ Illana's stubborn chase of Julie, you never stopped trying to explain everything to her and to make her believe in herself. Even when she sprouted demon wings.
~ Lord Brightstar and Illana trying to sacrifice themselves to draw the demon blood out of Julie. Didn't work but touched Julie to know that the Lord of her home lands wanted to right his wrongs by helping her.
~ Illana, Magnus, Gideon, Billiam, Jade and everyone else who tried to make her understand that she had the power to change everything and to write a happy ending to this horrific story.
~ Being told last second by Judge that writing this story felt like Xualla was torturing me and Julie's body wracked with pain every time her quill touched her book. When her legs gave out from the pain, being picked up by Jade and all of the encouraging words by her and others. The chanting on the field: "Write, write, write". The protective circle...
~ The face off. I did not know Xualla's part... Dropping dead on the spot and all the tears and RP that ensued was epic.
~ Winnie's story for Julie. Holy crap Jen, I almost cried but couldn't cause I was dead.
~ Orias's perfectly timed two week comment. Was a challenge not to laugh or smile.
~ The funeral and everything said / sang. I was so cold and trembling but you all warmed my heart.

PC:
~ Defending Orias. Angeliana was appalled by how biased most people's moral compasses were... And how hypocritical people were. First time she was legitimately angry and completely frustrated.
~ Hungry, narcoleptic, and claustrophobic chaos warriors in the inn... Sweet Andorra give me patience...
~ Music Box mod, bonding with Lady Cassandra then getting assassinated by her. Angeliana used Call to Peace at the same time Lady C used time stop to assassinate me and two others, was very confused when I got healed by Marika and until Lady C came crying and apologizing profusely Angeliana was wondering if breaking multiple mind controls all at once was more draining somehow then breaking one or two.
~ Great RP by Dan, then seeing Ava's reaction and deciding to agree to leave her alone instead of pursuing her intense emotional pain. Another time...
~ Insult lesson by Orias to Ava and every interaction during and after. Later confronting my uncle, then watching Orias confront Lord Na.
~ Getting upset at Alicia for wanting to have her friends arm broken so that she could learn to fix it. "That lesson started off wrong..." :dry:
~ Chicken, cigars and cookies at Pendarvin. You all know how to host. The looks of horror and shock when Angeliana spat and smoked. Again: "I'm NO Lady!"
~ Learning about Aemorniel and Sir Victor's secret quest, feeling guilty about someone dying and confronting her with mixed emotions.
~ Being specifically sough out to help with Syn's situation. The pain Angeliana felt, she couldn't handle. The monastery scene, the shock afterwards, Bran and Shamus not leaving her side, Lady C taking her and sitting her down at her table next to Lord Blackthorne. Not touching anything before asking to be excused and going to the bar only to be offered drinks and consolation by Sir Cinder. So many tears...
~ Holding Galen's hand. Every word exchanged.
~ Soothing a satyr during the demon fight, then calming him out of his rage afterwards while people warned Angeliana not to approach him.
~ Arrow to demon's butt. Perfect.
~ Bagpipes! Emptying my pouch into the hat being passed around.
~ Belch duel. Priceless and a much needed smile.
~ Love poem. Seeing someone in Travance struggle with something that's so natural to Angeliana made her think and grow.
~ Being granted death for wanting to talk to a sad looking peasant man. Warden Angelica to the rescue!

OOG The suspense of waiting in James's apartment before main mod, bonding forever with JenF, JJ and Tori. Falling asleep when James was talking to them, waking up to a waft of cigar smell. "MIKE?! yes!!! Mike Smith!" <jump hug> in Julie's costume and make up. Crazy woman? Check.

I'm sure I forgot a lot due to exhaustion of the body mind and heart. But KR family; I adore all of you.
Can't wait to see everyone again soon.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 21 May 2013 18:47 by Angeliana (Angeliana).
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), Alex (Wormwood), Narcis (ChrisR), Croínamara (Jen), Annora (Karen), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow), Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
  • Thomas
  • Thank Yous: 3
21 May 2013 18:57 #51 by Thomas (Thomas)
Replied by Thomas (Thomas) on topic May Highlights !
Friday night I had a lot of fun with the oog set up and the mod I was able to go on. But the real fun was Main Mod set up. The two guys(whos names i cant remember) who helped set up were awsome. The fact that the fire cannon worked and everything else worked made me sooo happy. The guys who helped me, sound guy and headband guy, thank you very much.

Thomas Do’Kanen
The Court Master Builder of Alisandria
"I used to be evil, but now I'm a drunk."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quin (Quin)
  • Tatsuya
  • Thank Yous: 10
21 May 2013 23:08 #52 by Tatsuya (Darkweave)
Replied by Tatsuya (Darkweave) on topic May Highlights !
One of the most fun events I've had, great way to come back into game...

Tea, and noodles, and more tea!!! It was a lot of fun just sitting around and roleplaying with people as I made tea for them.

Dragoon mod was simply amazing and I had a lot of fun. Great roleplay and new directions for me to take Tatsuya.

Main mod shift was great. I loved seeing so many people so touched by the conclusion of the plot.

Druid lessons were a lot of fun, too bad they were cut short by demons. Then again I could roleplay druidic conversations for hours and still not have enough haha

Receiving Togashi Heiwa's old journal so that Tatsuya could start a new chapter in it. Thanks Geoff!!! So much fun roleplay will be spawned by this especially considering aforementioned dragoon mod.

OOG: David Giroux

"To be a druid is to become like Arawyn herself and to sacrifice, not just one's life, but one's very spirit to the world." -Tatsuya Lazuli
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow), Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
22 May 2013 22:32 #53 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic May Highlights !
ALDSFKJDSLF. *angry keyboard mash*
Judge, this event was one of the most amazing ever. I could heap praise on you and your awesome band of NPCs for days. From the subject matter to the roleplay, everything was mindblowing. And here I thought that since I wasn't involved in the pregame stuff, that it would be low-key for me. Ha.

Friday:
Lay on. Bombs and guts and bloood everywhere!

Getting to trail Danny and Aleister on throne room mod. Talks with Victor and his band, and then enough firebombs to drop everyone. Cue battle.

Hearing Sir Cinder had been downed, watching a healer get interrupted trying to save him, and then invoking a heal life to bring him up. Later finding out from Brian OOG that he had about 30 seconds left in crit. Timing ftw!

Taking a dive off a tent platform and landing on my head wasn't exactly a highlight. Not suffering a concussion or dislocating my shoulder from that was. Who says being thickheaded is a bad thing?
I also owe thanks to the awesome npc who gave me a hand sorting myself out.

NPC Shift:
Drew hanging out in logistics because Keillor up and left town.
Wytchwood golems. Eh heh heh. Yes, they do regenerate. :evil:

Tori attempting to peel her face off like a Scooby-Doo monster.

Watching Aleister completely lose it in regards to Wormwood. Including Steve punching Alex :P
Sadly only caught the tail end of that after hitting my head and before having to go NPC.

Saturday:
Tying Aemorniel's sleeves together.

Food at Pendarvin!

Seeing Victor punch Syn's babies out of her, and all the ensuing havoc, chaos, and argument.
Tearing all over the place to watch, fetch, inform, and deal with things.
Helping carry Syn's unconscious body to the Mage's Guild and explaining what had happened. Running to specifically find Angeliana, and attempting to support her while heading back down to the mage's guid. Reporting back to Lord Aleister and Lady Blackthorne.
Then attempting to communicate the OOG ruling from both Karla and Judge that no, the babies could not be reanimated.

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.

All the interactions with Corey's PC were geat. Best suspicious Londwyn ever. Seamus trying to get him to believe in magic defenses, Danny trying to explain the fact that he really does have claws.

Trying to be supportive and talk to Julie, Maggie, and Winnie. Annora not really knowing how to approach that, but awkwardly trying her best.

Main mod(s)!!!!
-Druid stuffs on the lake. Yes, we know Aleister is a special snowflake. Did we really have to give the hydra superpowers? But it's always fun to feel like a part of Team Druid.
-Kudos to whoever picked the music for main mod part 3. Two Steps From Hell automatically makes everything more epic.
-SO. MUCH. RP. I did just about no fighting during the field mod, but that just made it more memorable. Staying right by Julie the entire time, and being right next to her when she made her sacrifice. Later mourning over her body and helping carry her down to the lakefront for the funeral.
The entire funeral. It started out just as 4 of us carrying Julie's body. Then some people show up to the lakefront. Then some more. Then more people trickle in. And then the singing. Magnus carrying Maggie around to sit under the stars.
Annora and I felt so privileged and honored to be a part of that. I don't have the words left to describe that whole thing.

Conversations with Sir Danny and Lord Aleister. Annora's having learning experiences.

Sunday:
Druid discussion circle. Until the demon attacked, at least.

Being so damn tired all weekend that I couldn't speak straight, or really speak at all by Saturday was not as fun, but hey, occupational hazard.

There's so much more awesome that happened that I'm forgetting right now, but I'll never be able to encompass all of this event in mere words. To every single person at KR, thank you.

Judge, I must applaud you one last time, for running a plot that wasn't a simple, straightforward 'kill the enemy' or 'eliminate the threat.' (As much fun as those are). This was a curveball that really made us think about how we justify our actions, how we affect those around us, and how we define our heroes. Thank you.

Now, to turn my attentions to planning for WitL!

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), Alex (Wormwood), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
22 May 2013 22:44 #54 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic May Highlights !
wow im surprised to took me this long to think about it but judge I gotta applaud you for the difficulty level you made most of your NPC's this event. once I heard that some of the masters and knights were dieing I had two reactions in my head.

IG:Holy crap we are all going to die.
OOG: the higher level players must really be enjoying the tough fight.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
22 May 2013 23:57 - 23 May 2013 11:09 #55 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic May Highlights !
In no order that resembles a chronology:

Teaching Orange sorcery to two different Masters, using two completely different lessons.

Tari mentioning that Edwin is much nicer now that he isnot a priest of Valos.

A short RP scene as an NPC bad guy. Next day whispering in someone's ear "You failed me, bitch."

Two serious sorcery rituals, one of which promised to lead to something, but due to an OOG problem, fizzled.

Assisting Aleister in White Sorcery. Kristen did a nice job marshaling, telling me that due to their involvement in plot, this sort of thing are their mods. Despite my not being of the White, I was able to offer some advice.

OOG conversation with Blockus: Blockus "i sent 400 levels of PCs through the focus last night."
Me "Was that a personal best?"

Pendarvin picnic. Dougal has bound his calling, both as a BBQ master and as the Father of Pendarvin

Watching Quin show what an Andorran is all about with Jen F's NPC

Kristen M and I watching Emily's face after I gave her the greave and bracers. A five year old getting her Christmas presents a week early would not have looked as happy.

Shilling the two pouches to over 100 GP each.

Making a deal with Aleister for the belt and other items

The Indiana leather Dwarves were first rate and Pendarvin looks forward to their return.

Rudolf stating that he would rather learn from a book than from Edwin. My revenge will be subtle - Edwin can do subtle.

Given that many normally law-abiding subjects were willing to execute Orias even though he was not acting on his own volition, whereas only a few wanted to do the same to Edwin when he did not break the law made me think that maybe Orias has eclipsed me as the most despised individual in Travance.

Bringing artisan candy. My research on the Care and Feeding of Halflings is progressing nicely.

I almost forgot. After our between games duel of words, Verrill seeking me to teach him some Warlockery. No problem with the Drain Life, but I had to choke back a gasp when he asked for Retribution. I put that one off until he can tell me more about proper retribution.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 23 May 2013 11:09 by geezer (geezer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Rudolf (Rudolf), Croínamara (Jen), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
23 May 2013 17:51 #56 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic May Highlights !
"-Being told to "enjoy the rest of my evening" by Cinder after being allowed to sit at the bar, unmolested, as an openly evil high ranking Galmachian priestess with Greater Dread Wraith in tow. James Jones, knowing Bat couldn't take me, was still the only person to really try to confront me and challenge me. It was excellent."

The only reason I didn't go through the phocus twice(once for calling out your NPC, once for calling out Tanith) is because they couldn't find my card at Logistics and I ended up writing my card on a blank from memory. I thought it would be poor form to say, "Yeah, I have a repel and a parry. Trust me" in an actual serious one on one combat situation. With an actual, "you can do a card check without serious discussions" card it would have been two very different conversations.

My highlights in no particular order.

Post event summary with booze trap. Good call, Jen. Good call.

Hanging out on Sunday(See what I did there!?!?)

The cycle of focus walks that was the Bloody Stump on Friday, including being allowed to take two PCs back to get fixed but having one of those choices shut down(sorry Drew).

Matt(Magnus) as the kid.

Dealing with Wormwood fall out.

Almost doing two phocus walks in less than an hour out of sheer guilt(see above).

Also, the long patrol with Magnus.

The big Godhand reveal. Wherein we find out that yes, it was Xualla.

Conversation with Lady Blackthorne, wherein I had to struggle to not say, "I'm not saying it's ancient aliens. BUT IT'S ANCIENT ALIENS."

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Alex (Wormwood), Croínamara (Jen)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
24 May 2013 00:04 #57 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic May Highlights !
Almost forgot!
Quotes of the event.

"I'm so mad at you right now!! *TACKLEGLOMPHUG*
-Arden, to Jade

"I made the Celt! I get to wear the hat!"
-Tari

"Let me get this right: we get the meat delivered right to our table, while the vegetarians have to hunt for their food?"
-Tobar, at feast (paraphrased from memory)

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arden (Shelby)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
24 May 2013 10:54 #58 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic May Highlights !
OMG HOW COULD I FORGET.

Billiam's trials for Caelvan on Sunday! I felt so bad for Conor but it was all in good fun haha

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
28 May 2013 09:54 - 28 May 2013 21:57 #59 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic May Highlights !
I am writing this over a week late, but Alex G and I had a great time at the May event (first time with our PCs).

A huge thanks to Katie and Matt for the accommodations (I can't repeat this often enough), help with character building, a very fun inverted tower mod, and your willingness to answer a vast range of newbie questions. Katie, I hope your ankle is better!

Thanks also to the other new PCs -- your RP was inspiring, you were generous with your knowledge of LARP, and it was fun to get to know you and your characters (and Alex G appreciated your cookies).

To the many experienced players who answered our endless questions both IG and OOG, who made sure Faila and Nostarion didn't get killed by monsters, and taught us skills - Thank you! It says a lot about the game when experienced players take the time to RP and mentor new players.

James, Judge and everyone else involved with the weekend's plot - all I can say is Wow.

I am editing this because I forgot to thank Pendarvin for the delicious corn (Dougal, you know your way around a grill). Pendarvin's hospitality over the last few events is very much appreciated.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
Last edit: 28 May 2013 21:57 by Faila (Faila). Reason: brain rot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.833 seconds