March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!

• Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
10 Mar 2014 08:45 - 10 Mar 2014 11:58 #1 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights! was created by Not An Assassin (Salem)
If someone posts a highlights page before I post this then I'll just be doing some copy pasting.
But aside from that...What a wonderful weekend that was, Friend-os!

I want to start my highlights off with a (rather quiet cuz of the whole internet text thing) round of applause for Gene (If I butchered the spelling, please forgive me). Reece approves of your awesome Dwarven themed event even though all I could think of all weekend was DA:O "A Paragon of Her Kind". Very well put together and very well played out by everyone involved. Kudos to Shane, Larry, and Jen, The Baroness.

Friday night was Sébastien's night to SHINE!....The wood of the bar. Because that was my job. And to those of whom I served....You're welcome.
Later that night was a get together with my Friend-os that will stay personal to me. Sorry for the lack of highlights there...But you deserve it.

Sleep!

Saturday morning consisted of me yet again working the bar and taking breakfast orders. Again, Je vous en pris.
Explored a mine full of sinkholes and chasms and didn't die, rode a mine cart out with satisfaction knowing that it would be a good day.
NPC
I was a tree. A corrupted tree. Yes.
I was a racketeer whom was sent to jail for mugging the poor man I was assigned to rob whom was then FUCKING INCINERATED! And then snorted. Yessssssssssss!
I was rocking that drawrven look (and rage) for a good five minutes before being calm discoursed...-Sigh- That spell will never let me live out my full potential.
Feast consisted of pork shoulder and me leaving as soon as the bards opened their annoying little mouths (Reece loves you guys, Sébastien does not).
More hanging out with my friend-os after feast.

This line of isolated text is dedicated to Arthur C. Goggins and reads as follows; HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Bitch. (Love ya Cory).

Have you ever been mauled to death by an angry Travancian Dwarf? I still have chunks of your spine, sir...I'll return them in exchange for my teeth.
Other than that, I loved that main mod.

Sleep!

Wake up and visit an ice cave with four strangers...Yeah, I'm an idiot...But we made it out alive, somehow.
Dissect EVERYTHING! And then sell it to Zelretch, of course.
[strike]Got knocked out by an old guy[/strike] NOT THIS TIME EDWIN! WOO!
Didn't drop my pancakes.
And to cap it off, Baroness...You're welcome.

Leave your interesting highlights for your adventures this march in this post below!
Also, happy early birthday to......................ME! (hashtag21OnWednesday)

And as I always like to say, Thank you everyone for having a great weekend and being a part of why I really love every experience I have at KR. The 6-7 hour drives there an back will ALWAYS be worth it.
Enjoy your rest before next we meet!

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
Last edit: 10 Mar 2014 11:58 by Not An Assassin (Salem).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Goggs (coryan), Faila (Faila), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
10 Mar 2014 11:18 - 10 Mar 2014 12:56 #2 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
So during announcement when I saw John propose to Leslie in front of everyone, I thought to myself "This is going to be a great event." And it was. This was totally worth the three hour trip to Sparta from Long Island.

Friday Night: Got a pair of swords. Definitely beats the daggers I used to carry around.
Female dwarves have beards. Kind of blew my mind with that.
Finally, drow showed up! I got to roleplay Kanas' hatred for the drow to the fullest extent, including nearly getting arrested by the guard for threatening to kill a drow prisoner they were going to interrogate.
NPC shift as an assassin who got out of prison. I went to the bar, got smashed with Takouri, Jorik, and some other people while hitting on the barmaids. Then went into the inn drunk, started reading then talked with Belegchand and Brother Aldric about whatever the hell was going on in Travance, all while playing a complete idiotic released prisoner. When I was told about the drow, I asked about their appearance. Brother Aldric told me that they have pointed ears and black skin so I looked at Belegchand and said "so like him, only with black skin." The look on his face was hilarious. Then I walked out of the inn, got drunk again, then walked out of the inn, and did not get arrested by the guard for being an escaped prisoner. Then played random mobs including drow, where shenanigans occurred, including a Entwined Galen to a dying drow.

Saturday: Did not get any sleep that morning, then went downstairs and did some stuff, including getting food. Then spent market faire talking to dwarves and trying to figure out what was going on, then saw the negotiations for the dwarves and the dark dwarves, then got my swords sharpened by a dwarf who was later revealed to be the King of Casavorin, which was a real shock when I found out.
Frost Giant mob ended in a giant snowball fight. Freaking wonderful.
Tower mod made my character have a very poignant emotional moment, and made me wonder everything about his ideals and beliefs for the rest of the event.
Missed feast. I was too tired by then. Grabbed some food and got ready for main mod.
Main Mod: Pure unfiltered slaughter. Kanas kicked butt during the battle, including a point where a dwarf rogue blade tranqued him, then body shot after body shot for 2 damage, then kept swing for 2s until I got out of the daze and beat him to the ground. The guy playing the dwarf said to me "you know, you can defend during the daze" and all I said was "I know, but I still beat you."
When the dwarf king left, I said to him this: "may you see, find, and bite all that oppose you". Best things that Kanas ever said to anyone.
Naptime
Sunday: I learned a lot about valor, and how everything in travance ends in jokes about private areas. Then learned bear strength from Keavy in the best way ever.
Got dystentry, then it was cured, then got rank 3 leprosy. Was not fun. Will carry around all the cure disesase potions.
Taught germinate and animal empathy in the manner that Kanas would, gruff, immersive, and completly different from the druids and conventional lessons.
Also, there was a puppy. A freaking adorable puppy who honked.
Overall, an excellent event

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
Last edit: 10 Mar 2014 12:56 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf). Reason: Puppies!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
10 Mar 2014 11:23 #3 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Well March is the month for changes. My main highlight has to be the Marriage Proposal at Lay On. I had no idea where John was going with his announcements. I retreated to Logistics to get my head together. I'm a good RPer but you just don't get back in Character that fast. I was shaking. Lol. I adore that man for realizing who my true family is...

Baronial guard Private Drexel. Guard at talks investigator into poisoning at the table. Kudos to the healer who walked out of the bathroom and was IC as she did so to heal one of the representatives! Way to go! Tour guide of the forges. Smith in training. Finding and using that common ground. The run to catch the Dwarven representatives to try to get them back to the table. Flirting with the yellow bearded dwarf thinking cousin of one of her fav dwarfs... Yeah way to go...consorting either a king. Head desk moment after the reveal.

Advising the Baroness on observations I find out later was somewhat the plan... Well at least her powers of observation are good...right? Right?

That run bringing on a plot twist. Love to make a DM ST Plot Marshal think fast. Lol. Love you Gene.

I billion hugs and OOC congrats! After a while the jumps in and out of character were easy. Lol those few brave souks who admitted tears of joy. You know who you are...extra special thanks for those!

Kitchen work. It's been a long time since I worked kitchen. I missed the camaraderie of cleaning and bringing up the food on Sunday morning.

Doing make up for main mod. Selfies bring posted. And one player who hates make up looking at the job and going ok me next! Made me smile.

Farmer turned looter. Selling manacles looking for money to buy seed getting both a superior made shovel and... An offer of a home in Alisandria! She'd so have been there the following morning seed and shovel in hand ready to get to work!

I love this game you peeps are my peeps and the memories just pile up!

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Faila (Faila), Aella (Onirazael), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
10 Mar 2014 12:25 - 10 Mar 2014 14:48 #4 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
This is probably in my list of "Most character development for Ava" events. IT's either 1 or 2 but I'm not sure which.

FRIDAY:

First of all thanks to Gus for a fun scene.

Coming into town all bloodied and wounded and no one really surprised but also not really listening when she said her wounds weren't healing. Eventually that got resolved by an angry Zelretch who had to insist over and over for Ava to drink potions.

Dr. Maxwell telling her she had pox and was very very unstable mind wise. Ava shrugging it off and walking away...Raxas trying to charm her to come back but blowing a willpower to say she'll get it looked at later.

Whilest poxed, scaring all the quinarians at the scholar table....Sorry guys, I made it a point after that first encounter to try and be near you when I could.. XD

Following Jack around that night/ most of the weekend because he was the first person she saw after coming out of the void...thanks to Gus and anyone he interacted with for letting her be a lost puppy/servant type deal lol.

SATURDAY.

First of all kudos to Steve, Judge, Gus, Tim, Tori and Conor P.....much fun was had and amusement....

Following Jack most of the day... Getting beat up for calling Zelretch her 'husband' instead of her 'arranged' husband.

Getting ordered to get healed from the pox :( It wouldn't have been such a big scene......but you know Psychopathy does stuff to a girl XD (Still haven't been apologized too BTW for anyone who was interested in knowing that follow up)

Really interesting start of a talk with Albert.....telling him healers didn't heal people as a selfless act...but because they didn't want to hurt anymore. Having Albert agree with her on some points related to that and to other things talked about....hopefully we get to talk more... Ava has lots to say ;)

Angeliana being the first to legitimately care if Ava felt alright... Ava wasn't sure how to react, especially because the "alright" she was talking about was no longer about emotions to Ava....that light left in her seemed to have dimmed very much from what happened to her... now sensory feelings are much more pleasant.

Trying to stay away from Groups, as unless they were composed of people she didn't mind, it really made her want to kill people.

Being stressed when Jack wasn't there because she was afraid she'd mysteriously end up in the Void again...at this point she's more afraid of how she's randomly getting there...rather than actually being there.

Killing lots and lots of things.

SUNDAY

Getting yelled at by Keavy for splaying open a dire wolf she killed and reaching into and trying to find out why she can't just dissect things....let's just say it meant that Ava destroyed everything she tried to pull out.

Everyone who knew she was super crazy asking if she got looked at yet....she responded with "kinda" or "I love Dr. Maxwell cause he waits until I'm ready to be looked at"

Those diseased rats.....seriously. Getting up to stage four Leprosy...then went on a killing rampage...killing Rat Gannon mid-air, then killing the next five or six rats swing after swing...to then fall to like 2 damage. People trying to heal me without seeing if I was diseased....getting into crit but then being okay in the end. Ava is seriously was disease magnet this event.

Zelretch showing some real caring emotion to Ava when she was brought out of crit and into consciousness. He actually hugged and kissed her. Perhaps there is some emotion in that bitter man :P

This event was so great :) I hope to see everyone in April as I'm unsure if I will be able to make the alt event. Keep being sweet guys :)

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 10 Mar 2014 14:48 by Narcis (ChrisR). Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Jack (Keeperofdice), Angeliana (Angeliana), Faila (Faila)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
10 Mar 2014 12:46 #5 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Who knew disregarding every consequence for your actions could be so much fun.

Alice and Will, hating you both is just the best. Keep up the good work!

I'd have to say, I've never seen a more perfect storm of things going wrong in just the right ways than Friday night.
What I had believed to be just the simple assault and attempted murder of a dwarf that would surely get me thrown in jail, turned into an absolute mess of hilarious problems. Who knew Travance would try to stop the Dark Paladin from killing a demon.

Also, I'm so very sorry for accidentally running into the new player group! Sean Moulson, however, had it coming.

One of the biggest highlights from this event was actually being about to talk to characters as a sane, rational human being for 2 hour.

That is of course, second to sending Ruindol through the Phokus on Main Mod because of Tobar.

Keep it crazy kids and get ready for the Alt Event!

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Narcis (ChrisR), Angeliana (Angeliana), Goggs (coryan), Faila (Faila), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
10 Mar 2014 15:18 #6 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
First, a big congratulations to John and Leslie.

Most of my highlights are little things that somehow were just really fun.

Dwarves of many varieties! Faila loves dwarves. I did have an awkward moment right after I arrived on Saturday morning where Faila sat down to chat with Rudolph and promptly discovered she had just joined a beardless King of the Dwarves for breakfast. Oops.

Jen's blue kitchen potion and Kleiden's restorative ginger beer.

Getting clarification on the new smithing rules and liking them.

Faila's commercial transaction - I haven't figured out why it was so satisfying, but it was.

Main mod shield wall - super fun. Faila actually fought and did some good stuff - hurray for my shield and shatter weapon. It was my first time taking down an NPC by myself. And Faila has the swag to prove it! Granted, Sister Leandra had to use an intercede to keep Faila from having to take a 100 body shot, and Sir McKreagar and friends came to her rescue after she was stunning blowed - ah well, time to find some defenses. Thank you to all the NPCs for the fun fighting.

Beards. I really wanted to braid some beards, but Faila didn't. Some day!

Yummy pork!

Thanks to everyone on staff for a great event.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Jorik
  • Thank Yous: 45
10 Mar 2014 17:48 #7 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Replied by Jorik (rjvanscoten) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
What a great weekend. First and foremost Congratulations to John and Leslie. It was great getting to know the two of you over the weekend and an honor getting to witness such a truly touching moment in your lives.

This was a big weekend for Jorik. He is really starting to come into his own in Travance. Friday night was relatively uneventful. Drank at the bar, kept some dwarves and Dark dwarves from being at each others throats. Also keeping Kanas from killing a captive Drow. After that it was a relatively early bed time at 1am. Saturday Morning Jorik was up early and to the inn. Got some breakfast, and managed to aqcuire a full set of commodity cards for the event. It was the first time Jorik had been able to do so. Resilience lesson with Grim. What a great lesson. Basically involved grim and Imrahil beating the crap out of him, and Grim telling him to suck it up and shrug it off. Then off to fight some frost trolls with the other new players. Finally got to use beserker rage. It was quite fun to bellow like a maniac during the battle. Unfortunately for Lidious he got too close to Jorik while he was raging and got thrown out of the way. Great Role play on all sides. After that it was back to the armory for what was an unintended long nap. Feast, then NPC shift

NPC shift. Drilling with the other NPC to learn how to march. Got promoted to an NPC Sergeant when it was revealed that I knew how to march and call cadence. Started to get really pumped up for marching on Travance, but was disappointed that the PCs were all holed up in the inn and didn't hear the approach of the dark dwarven army. Main Mod was pretty beast. Tons of shield wall fighting and trying to push our way in, but the PC's on the front lines were way to powerful for anything that we had up our sleeves.

After NPC shift I ran back to the cabin and got changed so i could head back up to the inn. Got chased by some Trolls, nearly made it inside the inn, but one of them caught up to me and broke my leg before I was able to make it just as I was diving inside the doors. Let the other characters take control of the situation while I got my leg healed and then headed to the bar to get a drink. Sharing a drink with a Celt who had recently come to town, when all of a suddent :NAUSEA POISONING. Running out the side door of the inn and retching violently, luckily Galen came along and cured me, then told me that I had been poisoned. Jorik's Wrath was immeasurable. When he confronted the Celt poisoner, he ran, only to be nearly cut in half by a cleave from Joriks Longsword. A couple of good stompings before letting the healers heal him made Jorik feel better, even though it brought a stern word from Grim regarding the treatment of prisoners. Jorik's mood was soon immediately improved when Grim gifted him with a new sword that he had arranged to have made for him. Grim's generosity truly touched him. After that it was some more drinking... and a walk back to the armory alone. You would think he would have learned his lesson from the trolls, but this time he was a bit more carefull. After hearing a group of NPC's on the road ahead, Jorik made for the woodline and skirted around them without their noticing. Thank God the snow wasn't as deep as last month. Sunday morning Jorik made some more acquaintances. Arranged for some more income which is always good, and fought demonic fire elementals. Then it was stage III leprosy from some infected Rats. WORST THING EVER. All in all it was a great event. This being my third one, I must say it is getting easier and more natural for me to stay in character. Kinda like breaking in a new pair of boots. Slipping into Jorik's skin is getting more and more enjoyable.

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Private of the Baronial Guard
Vassal to Pendarvin
OOG: Jeremiah V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Faila (Faila), Not An Assassin (Salem), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • JR
  • Thank Yous: 41
10 Mar 2014 17:59 #8 by JR (jlratti)
Replied by JR (jlratti) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
I have to say the folks who went on the lowbie mods were absolutely awesome! I was one of those times when the outcome went in a completely different direction than I had planned/expected it to go and was pleasently surprised with the outcome. Both the PC's and the NPC's really stepped up their game, and role-played the hell out of it! It was really great to watch it unfold and fun to cook up something in response to what you guys were doing!

Kudos to all on those mods! Keep it up! I promise to continue that story....stay tuned!

-JR

-Salim

The road goes ever on.

OOG: JR
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan), Faila (Faila), Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
10 Mar 2014 20:46 #9 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
This was definitely one of those amazing Knight REalms games. It started immediately wonderful as we all got to witness John Tinney proposing to Leslie. Congrats you two especially to John for landing such a magnificent woman. I know you will be exceptionally happy.

Friday:
Getting to share the desserts I made.
Witnessing a Dwarf pull off his beard and become a demon. This prompted Aella to pull every beard she saw on a dwarf.
Finding out that female dwarves could have beards made Aella realize she could never tell gender on a person again.. gaah!
Walking to mass and getting attacked by everything along the way.
Hitting Clove's cookout. next time I shall bring skewers.

Saturday:
Kaladonia land meeting
Ranger mod.. OH MY GOODNESS! It was SO MUCH FUN! THat evil EMerald Hunstman was a bastard to fight and a bitch to get to. But seriously...just wow! ANd the list is sooo amazing!
Feast!
Scouting and Setting up Alarm Traps so we knew where the Dwarves would strike. Sad that the mod started so quickly so they didn't get much use. It was still fun to do.
Main mod..so many killer dwarves and then thingies.
Lecturing Angeliana about her constant need to disparage herself.

Sunday
LESSONS.. I love being part of instinct lessons. Shooting at people is so much fun!

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Angeliana (Angeliana), Faila (Faila), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
10 Mar 2014 21:24 #10 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Replied by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Had lots of fun this weekend. It was my second time playing Illyrin and I felt like I was really starting to get in his head much better.

Friday: Walked around the inn, mostly. Was interested in the dwarven issues, but Illyrian mostly made them out as a dwarven matter and thus not something he had a right to involve himself in. Got awestruck by Gideon's shield and hammer (dude, those physreps are the coolest things). Later ended up running with a bunch of people to fight an invisible creature - Illyrin needs to find Amizar and thank him for the scroll of Divine Sanctuary from last event - it really saved his ass. Looking over the area where the beast had allegedly fallen and finding that it was made out of the weave was definitely a shock to him, and he really wants to find out more about that.

Saturday: Had fun checking out the Andorran baptism, later went to be inducted in the Mage's Guild. While there, learned about the existence of the Lorestri - and I gotta say, it's a concept that Illyrin has really latched on to. He wants to now find out as much as he can about them - traveling through time would essentially be heaven for him. Then ran with Liddius back towards the inn to see if we could get in Tower Mod, and ended up seeing a mod going down in the tower area. Joined it but then shortly thereafter realized that WHOOPS, this definitely wasn't Tower. Got laid low by Drow, was a hostage for a bit, hated the drow for being disgusting, vile creatures every step of the way. Just waiting to see how much making a deal with the drow is going to have bitten Travancians in the ass, even for something like a hostage exchange. Still got to be on Tower after that, which was fun. Illyrin isn't at all sure about the scroll of Lay Hands Minor that he got for compensation, considering that it's a prayer to Glomm.

Hanging out with the song circle was fun, and I absolutely HAD to sing along to March of Cambreadth. After that came feast and the poor decision of trying to strike up conversation with Karkat, who was sitting across me. Illyrin found it to be interesting, but not necessarily pleasant.

Heroic swash mod was LOADS of fun. Illyrin had Satyr Wine for the first time, and it was... interesting. That gave him some fun RP with other characters. Really looking forward to Dashing Swordsman, it's awesome.
Also throughout the day enjoyed meeting more Quinarians and especially Chroniclerite priests. He was feeling kinda lonely in his faith last event.

NPC shift was a bit of a snafu, but fun was had. Sorry to the people on the cabin we attacked, I was unaware that we weren't allowed to do that. Definitely won't happen again.

Sunday, I mostly slept through. Got outside, was planning on fighting the rats I saw, but when I saw that they were infecting people. Illyrin nope-d the hell out of there. Not a great place for a Quinarian.

But yeah, had loads of fun, made some connections, was glad I went.

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Narcis (ChrisR), Faila (Faila), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
11 Mar 2014 00:24 #11 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
It's a preference of mine to get my NPC shift out of the way as soon as possible, so that I can roleplay the rest of the weekend without interruption and having to plan around the shift. Friday afternoon, I picked up some friends of mine early enough that we arrived at camp before any of the shift positions were taken. This meant I had my choice and I picked the very first shift. I wanted to be in Logistics on-time, but I overheard Norm telling someone else that it was okay to stay for the opening announcements, and I am so glad I did. Congratulations to John and Leslie.

This event was about a renewed focus. Nalick had been pursuing a certain scholar and attempted unsuccessfully a second and final time for her heart. They're friends. It could be much worse. To that effect, Galen gave some greatly appreciated advice. Now I've turned my attention back to my profession as a Bard. That's where a lot of fun was this past weekend, because on Saturday afternoon, the bards of Travance -- with a lot of help from Croi -- organized a song circle at the gully in front of the Inn.

At the song circle, I witnessed something similar to what I saw at the Moresca Ball, that Travance has more talented singers than you would realize. However, there wasn't only singing going on at the circle; there were stories too, and yours truly told a story of his own. That story was of a scholar who felt useless. I won't spoil the fun by posting it here, but there ought to be moments in events to come for me to re-tell it. The Baroness participated in the song circle! I cannot even repeat some of the things that she said there. Gosh!

Tobar taught me one of the songs that he's famous for, Fanfare of the Turning Tide. Now all I need is the ability to sing a quarter as loud as he can.

On Sunday afternoon, I was fortunate enough to receive not one, but two bardic lessons from the Baroness herself. Her Excellency's singing voice is beautiful. I heard it for a brief moment during the fight with Xualla, but up-close it is something else entirely. Also, she complimented me on my story! It doesn't get better than that. Specifically for it including a moral and that I didn't ramble.

Landris became an Andorran in her own ceremony early on Saturday and I was delighted to work with Mother Remi to organize the festivities. Later that night, though, I didn't hear the bell for Mass and didn't instinctively head over to the Monastery. Next event, I get to see how merciful an Andorran priestess would be to a fellow Andorran. Wish me luck.

Overall, I had plenty of one-on-one interactions, something I hadn't gotten to do in previous events, and these included moments with people I wanted to get to know better.

I finally got my bracers (Thank you, Tori!). That was an interesting moment, being approached by someone who looked evil but acting on faith and assuming her intentions were good when she beckoned me to follow her. "You need to come with me." We went up to the Drega room and she gave them to me, which was a relief. I even blurted out, "I really thought something bad was about to happen." Konkubar (?)/The Useless Smith assembled the bracers for me and then I was all set, having had them crafted at a previous game out of Tamaril Hide.

Making people smile and laugh countless times without having to go out of my way to do so.

Saturday afternoon, I was important in a mod! Dark Dwarves had murdered a family of Frost Giants in their cave and claimed it as their own, and it was our job to clear out the cave. One of the Dark Dwarves had a scroll in his pocket, and on that scroll was a message written in Dark Elven. No one in our party knew how to read the scroll, so I got to use Lyric of Translation for the first time!

Feast started earlier than I thought it would, and I was late. But one thing that I can count on is being friends with half of the table no matter where I sit, and then becoming friends if not friendly with the other half during the meal.

I'm looking forward to the events to come, especially St. Astrid's Day, and not only for the obvious reasons.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Goggs (coryan), Faila (Faila)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
11 Mar 2014 01:36 - 11 Mar 2014 01:39 #12 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Awesome weekend was awesome!

Friday:
-Clove Cookout! While our visit was short it was fun!
-Getting mollywomped by Invisible stalkers with Annora on the way back from said cookout.
-Dark elves going to attack some Dwarves- Not! Getting in some Sylvan VS dark elf racism in and sitting in on an interrogation with two and Edwin.

Saturday:
-Logistics shift in the morning was a nice change of pace.
-Kaladonia meeting with the Baroness. Then, Kaladonia serious/shenanigan talk.
-Heroic ranger mod! Finally on another heroic list mod! It was tough but a lot of fun. While the list may not be what I had in mind for Keavy it's still a great list!
-Short nap and boot drying at the armory.
-Helping with setting up traps before the big battle.

Main mod:
Dwaaaaaaaarrrrvvveeeessssss and friends
-Holding up a wall for the front door of the inn for a good long time while Goggins made a trap around the doorframe. Probably one of the first times they have ever cooperated with one another haha
Also:
Keavy: What are you doing to the door?
Goggins: Well, you see, I'm setting up this bit here, and then when this gets hit it will cause that to shift and turn those gears to-
Keavy: Short answer please!
Goggins: An incapacitating trap!
Keavy: Thank you!
-Seeing super crazy Karkat snarling at one of the Dwarves while Jed pulled him away
-All the fighting caused my boots to be soaked AGAIN so I went straight back to the cabin and had a great time hanging out with Sean, Christine and Chris :)
-drawing up Conor's new Alt- "By the way guys, don't ask why I'm drawing a Galamachian Priest."
Also, get outta da way!

Sunday:
-Breakfast on Daniel!
-Teaching Kanas Bear Strength :)
-Feeling bad about having to kill some dire wolves. Scorning Ava for defiling one of them in order to "dissect".
-Finally-FINALLY!- having a lesson for Transmute Form!! Wolf Keavy is now a thing, be prepared friends!
-Then lastly, fire drakes and elementals and all that stuff that otherwise was on fire. Final beat down for the day!

See you guys at Alt event (most likely haha)!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
Last edit: 11 Mar 2014 01:39 by Keavy (Dani).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Narcis (ChrisR), Goggs (coryan), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
11 Mar 2014 03:38 #13 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Friday night:
FIRST TO PLAY WITH THE NEW MONSTER MARSHAL TOYS!!!
There are a few things in particular that I was really happy to see in the pile.

"Guys, Karkat saw the Illithid"
"That's hilarious"
"No it's not, he's on a killing spree out there"
"You forget that we're not out there"
"you have a good point"
Mistakes that go horribly right.
and that poor hobbit... should have let the dark elves get a dwarf instead...
Dani, you're welcome for the invisible stalker!

Saturday:
Making a thing.
getting 50 gold for said thing...
second monster marshal shift.
helping out with setting up the heroic ranger mod.
getting to see the most horrific trap in the rule book go out on said mod.
trying not to hear the stuff from heroic swash, but later deciding to give Matt an excuse to show off one of the new skills. (which is freaking amazing...)

Heroic swashbuckler mod was amazing, Elric having a bit of a fanboy moment during said mod.

Elric walking up to the back of a battle line that was trying to force its way into the inn, and taking the entire line out with one swing.

Learning Lit: ancient dwarven just because that is how Elric plans on doing his runes.
Sunday:

a gypsy with reanimate? What?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Aleister (Aleister)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
11 Mar 2014 04:56 - 11 Mar 2014 12:09 #14 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
JOHN TINNEY OUTTA FRIGGIN NOWHERE basically a) that was amazing b) yep c) congratulations. Very emotion. Much wow.

A very cool personal plot twist that culminated in a scene on Saturday night. There's something very gratifying about getting to share parts of your character's backstory with other people - I couldn't have imagined a more exhilarating and (for me, at least) interesting way to develop this part of mine. To everyone involved at any point over the weekend: thanks, you really brought your A-game, and I hope it was as fun for you as it was for me (which is to say: very!)

Playing area defence in the inn on Saturday night. Dwarf Fortress, anyone? A rare, yet welcome chance - as Dani says - to team up with unlikely Selendrian/Fae/Romani allies.

Receiving smithing lessons from Gideon on Sunday morning, followed by a great chat about gods. It's a real treat to get to pick the brains of a character when the player behind them has a lot of worldly lore down pat; cheers Geoff.

Awesome new monsters!

Looting the Monastery of its doughnut holes, and being marked by the clergy as a ruffian in the most delicious way possible.

There was a supreme over-abundance of excellent NPCs this weekend. There was also a supreme over-abundance of excellent facial hair this weekend. Coincidence? Nice one Jeff and Katie, those beards looked superb.

Breakfast in the Manor. Yum.

Matt Calo spending literally nearly an hour of his game time to teach me new stuff as Belegchand. Really appreciated it mate, and I love your lessons!

One of the biggest highlights from this event was actually being about to talk to characters as a sane, rational human being for 2 hour.

"Sane." "Rational." Well, okay, he's better than Karkatz.

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 11 Mar 2014 12:09 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
11 Mar 2014 06:46 - 11 Mar 2014 06:47 #15 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Gene did a fantastic job running a great event! So much Dwarf story is now out there, and the dynamic between dwarves and dark dwarves so much better fine tuned and understood than previously.

Thank you to Jeff M. and Katie M. for making 20+ awesome looking beards! It really helped make the feel of the dwarven plight!

I loved Larry as the Dwarf King! Shane as the Dark Dwarf leader was also great! I hate the concept of female dwarves with beards, but the ones I bumped into in-game were AWESOME! Especially Alice and Theresa.

I had fun RPing the Count, with a bloodlust for the Dark Dwarves, as a mask for repayment to an old and large debt owed and never paid to the Dwarves. Much fun!

I always have fun for the brief times I work the bar as Jonas and help wait on people at the feast.

Thank you to Gus, who came and stayed on camp for a few days before the event to help me set up!

Thank you to Drew for running the Heroic Mods for me!

Thank you to Mike S for finding a way to get to camp, only to help dozens of players to get caught up with thier item re-writes!

GREAT EVENT!!!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 11 Mar 2014 06:47 by Gallion (Gallion).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Lathiel (Lathiel), Angeliana (Angeliana), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
11 Mar 2014 08:33 #16 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
The event seems to have gone great. I have to thank my full time NPCs (John T., Larry, Shane, Theresa, Logan, Sam) who dedicated hours of their game to make the story I wrote come to life. They carried the weekend and got so many of you involved. All I had to do was tun a few mods and answer a ton of questions which was awesome. Also I would like to thank my Dwarf and Dark Dwarf NPCs for keeping that tension going and following what I asked, not being to silly.

I really enjoyed the scholar table, you scholars dug deep and found out a lot of information, special shout out to Belechand

My favorite mod was CSI Calisvorin Throne Room. I heard you guys spent like 20-30min after I left discussing politics and possible plots for why this all happened.

Big applaud to Jen Woulfson the Baroness, she got no prep and rolled with it, she was the best "neutral" party. You kept things civil and stopped it from getting immediately violent.

Also big thanks to all the Dwarves for helping their king and realizing the gravity of the situation.

I am glad everyone had a good time, also this was a choose your own adventure. I had a different main mod ready in case PC actions dictated a different outcome.

James is just wrong about female dwarves not having beards. Remember the Count still owes the Dwarf Kingdom 10000 gp they don't forget debts :-P

Big shout out to the rogues guild doing something unexpected to the plot, that will be rewarded for their creativity

Also Last but not least the new players did a fantastic job on the low level mods, so much so, that it effected the weekend on the whole. They may get a glimpse of those results in the epilogue

Peace I am out,
Gene "Dwarf God" Stern

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Dorn (Aradiel), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Croínamara (Jen), Faila (Faila), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
11 Mar 2014 09:41 #17 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
The usual almost-nine arrival started up the weekend. Able to set up and get in game before lay on. To find most of town already in motion really made transition super easy, as if Travance

was really right off white lake rd! Met up with the old folks. Spied some new faces.

Congratulations to John and Leslie! Norm has nothing to add. XD Lay on!

A quick patrol of the proper, playing with the folks, and being able to read at the scholars table. Or at least being able to read!

Getting nailed by an Illithid. Yep, that happened. Tfw no mental defenses. About bed time.

Market faire went well. Trade Prof is nice, gonna be maxing that. Glad you enjoyed the lesson Jeremiah, all Grimkjell's machinations though!

Starting to feel like Imrahil is making a bit of a name for himself. Got above the fold on my first submission to The Chronicle, asked to vassal, and had the offer of many for master list
training. *Blush*

Teach is fun too!

Chuck and Jen preparing for song circle and getting thouroughly non-pg. They know what I'm talking about. Still chuckling about it many hours later...

Shen style lesson with Quan Liu - No worries Luis, mud happens! :)

Running security for the council meeting, and another stop at the scholar's table before paperwork.

Post main-mod shenanigans, one of the legit traders running around with enigmatics. Blew out everything but the meteoric ice hand and a halfer, and another rp point to boot!

Bed time - not three minutes after head hits the pillow before I'm down like a tranqued bear...

Some fairly inquisitive, but mostly inoculous goblins pester the inn during the morning when a priest of Enax instructs them to kill everyone. Huh?

Finally caught some folks who had been on paperwork for most of the weekend, and a new lead on my personal quest McGuffin! Thanks Cory!

Big thanks to Gene for running like a wildman to keep up with the twists we threw him!

Looking forward to more of the same for April, folks! (Crossing my fingers for a dire bunny too!)

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Goggs (coryan)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
11 Mar 2014 09:46 #18 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
"With your trusty leech at your side, you can handle anything yourself." -Dr. Maxwell.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Croínamara (Jen), Goggs (coryan), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
11 Mar 2014 11:18 #19 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
This event had odd ups and down. The downs all IG, so it was ok :P

But omg, my highlights...I haven't done these in a while
-Discovering a new kind of undead, the NecroBlight. Thanks Will for the awesome RP investigating! And thanks to Doctor Maxwell, Typhon, Anhil and Belegchand for your help!
-Really becoming MOTHER Marika Friday night. Teaching Katie, Romeo and Coryan (A.k.a. Rose, Aminer and Not-Marika) how to each food with a spoon, how to sit, what a bowl was called and that I was NOT their new Master. It was brilliant, really.
-Cooking breakfast Saturday morning. Normally I don't list cooking, but I got to be with my fellow Angels for the first time in a WHILE. Jen, Crystal, I love you ladies!
- A reading in the monastery.
-Other than that, I was just exhausted most of the time, so I didn't RP much. But when I did, it was a blast!

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ALT!!!

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
11 Mar 2014 11:55 #20 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
I think my favorite highlight hands down was when I was getting some health back using siphon soul I noticed Keevee was growling at me, and so I look down to realize the dwarf I just killing blow'd wasn't a dwarf in the slightest. Bloodlust at its finest right there, I don't think I've ever been so wrapped up in combat before.

Shenanigans with skully, giving him pink eye, wanting to smash the everliving shit out of it when I realized I was being watched.

Had some fun teaching moments, including making new "special" eyes to see the weave. Your never going to find your brand anywhere.

[hr]
-Tim P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Jack (Keeperofdice), Narcis (ChrisR), Keavy (Dani), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
11 Mar 2014 14:19 #21 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Wow. Where to begin...

KR Weekend started with me having a few butterflies. Ok… huge butterflies. But I knew things would be alright and well…. They did turn out fine.

I know it was a huge surprise for all but a few people at the Announcements but my proposing to Leslie was something I wanted to do in front of the KR family. I meant what I said- you all have accepted me into the group with open arms and you guys are her family…. So this was something that *had* to happen in front of her family.

Friday night NPC duty…. Gene had me playing the Calisvorin rep and after a few discussions as to what I supposedly knew and when, it was off to the races. Being the wise old Dwarf who had a mission to stall as per his King and to see what the Dark Kin’s true plans were… made for very good story and Role-Play. The Journey into Travance was interesting and dangerous- and not just from the ice on the roads.
The diplomatic faux-paux’s of my companions were fun to RP around and it was a successful night of setting up the next day’s events.

Got to play Duncan for a bit afterward- and participated in a wonderful talk about the situation- the baroness getting the opinions of two experienced professional soldiers to add to those of her Master At Arms. I know I learned a few things too in this talk…

Saturday morning it was more NPC work as things began to come to a head.
The realization that the previous king was assassinated, the poisoned food and drink at the meeting table… all harbingers of things to come… Kudos to my fellow NPC dwarves for your responses and the same for Baroness with hers. All solid IC responses …

Yelling at King Valdin was epic- Gene wanted an angered advisor and I delivered. Larry (who played the King) was also excellent in being the younger Dwarven Ruler who willing took the admonishment of his trusted Advisor. I hope the clergy in the Monastery enjoyed the scene as much as I did. The private talk with Her Grace after it… was damn cool too.
The trip to the Forge…. And the awesome interaction there as the Advisor did his soul searching for a positive outcome and not finding one. Kudos to Brigitta for hearing my words to my fellow dwarf and warning the Baroness of some of what was coming- I’m certain she did not expect WHAT was said but knew it was going to be potentially loud.
Props to Shane here- its not often one gets that much disdain, hate and venom tossed in their direction… but he did great taking it and not acting rashly. Way to stick to the façade….

The rapid developments that came afterward and adjustment to the story by Gene, myself and Leslie who had Birgitta run down the Advisor to maybe bring him back… solid swift thinking.

The insanity that was happening when Duncan’s return from the outlying areas coincided with the Dwarves going after the Dark Dwarves in the Inn. Attempting to reason with angry out-for-blood Dwarves is a dangerous thing; thanks to those at the door for catching my flying body when I was blasted through it.

Feast and Main Mod
Having Feast interrupted by the tired dwarf then my volunteering to go find the Dark Dwarves on their way… We needed warning and I was the best one for it at the time.
Warning and intel learned, I get put with Lord Hellock to plot and plan… A fast discussion with the initial socut and trap party then the wait… until I got bored. Notifying His lordship of the plan to go looking, I turned to Sir Daniel and asked in typical Celt style a question of him
“Daniel… ye bored?”
A moment to think about it. “Aye I am…”
A smile. “Good… come with me”

And off we went to go find the marching dark dwarves. Met the previous trap party on their way back in… then about a minute later, heard the first of the traps going off.
Exchanged looks between Daniel and Duncan- the conversation went something like this-
(sound of a boom)
Daniel: “That what I think it is?”
Me:“Aye… I think it is.”
(the sound of singing and hyper Dark Dwarves as the next trap is triggered)
Me: “That’s two…”
Daniel: “Aye… we found them alright.”
Me: “Aye… time to run!”

We got to the Inn about two minutes ahead of the Dark Dwarves.

The fighting inside was damn epic… and I hope I demonstrated how Inspire Confidence is supposed to work with my bellowed encouragement (if anyone heard it). My voice paid for it, I assure you…

Fighting alongside Count Winterdark was different… and exchanging commentary with Jed about the Dark Dwarves revealed a commonality of thinking about some things between the Dark Paladin and the good Ranger. Not certain how I feel about that IC… OOC I am amused as hell though.

Post-battles… a gift from Gideon resulted in the crafting of “Balance”. And He was instrumental the next morning…

Sunday morning!

The busyness of everything, Cavalier lessons and killing demons… Good times and Balance showed what he’s capable of. I am pleased…

Offering an answer to Lord Aleister when his people had to a question posed to them… and giving a bit of tactics advice.

Best part was the admonisment tap delivered by him to shut someone up when I was answering the question and giving the advice. Being respected is a wonderful thing to feel… especially with the persons that are in Drega-Mire.

As always…. Leaving sucks. At least I got to stay all the way through to the end for the first time in three games. Can’t beat that at all and I’ve developed lots of thinking/ideas in where I am going with Duncan.
Thank you to everyone who congratulated me and Leslie on the engagement and once we figure out the where and the how, you guys will get an invite…

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
11 Mar 2014 14:28 - 11 Mar 2014 14:41 #22 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
It's a question here of where to start. This game started strong oog and ended strong IG. So... Guess best place to start is here: CONGRATULATIONS JOHN AND LESLIE! I don't think that any of us were expecting him to pop the question when he started his announcements, and the look on Leslie's face after he did? We love you guys! Wish you nothing but the best and all the happiness in the world!

FRIDAY
-Three Dark Dwarves walk into a bar. No, not a joke, but the start of flying insults and unanswered questions.
-Sitting in on the first meeting of the Dwarves and Dark Dwarves with the Baronness and realizing just how serious the situation was.
-Meeting the Dwarven delegation and pulling Belegchand into the meeting.
-Sitting at the Scholar's Table and finding out what had been found thus far.
-The actually civil discussion with the Dark Dwarven King-to-be about the situation, while no neutral ground was reached, it was an amazing conversation
-Accidentally giving Anhil a poisoned mug at the bar. Who knew that poisoning a Viceroy would come in so useful later?

SATURDAY:
-Market Fair.
-Larry, King of the Dwarves! Being pulled aside by a Dwarf in a hood only to find out it was the King; giving him the name of Thalia's dead brother Davith to use because well... Davith isn't using it anymore - and gaining a 'cousin' for the time being.
-Getting to play with Dorn, Pit Dawg and Rothgar closely for the first time.
-The negotiations. The Dark Dwarven king's persuasiveness, Azmar's seriousness in protecting his people.
-John/Azmar's reaction to the presence of the king: benches go flying in the Monastery.
-CSI Calisvorin or "How to Poison a King in a Locked Room." Discussing the potential political ramifications of what happened and what was to come, trying to find SOME WAY to head it off, getting Anhil's blood sample and getting Valentine to analyze it for us.
- Negotiations part 2. Watching the Baroness be an amazing neutral party.
-Getting freaked out IC by John when his NPC told Thalia to go and hide because it wasn't safe and they'd be coming after the Dwarves of Travance and sending Caldor to put protections on her.
-Acting with Mordra to give the Baroness the information she needed on the Dwarven social/political structure as she tried to do her very best as mediator, and coming up with some ideas that might actually have worked wayyyy down the line!
-The Search for Pit Dawg and being filled in by Birgitta what happened with the Dwarven delegation.
-The Dwarves rushing the Inn, telling one of the Ambassadors that this wasn't the way, Birgitta's reaction when she was told that the dwarf posing as my cousin was actually the king.
-MAIN MOD! Llenadra following the order to kill even though it came at a heavy personal cost. All the questions now left surrounding -King Valden's actions... and a letter to write home.
-Bartending post-Main Mod, Verill doing commentary on Mother Remy's love article from the February issue of the Chronicle.
-Realizing that the Legacy Document was missing from the Scholar's Table... hmmm wonder where it went.
-Learning Ancient Dwarven from Belegchand.

SUNDAY:
OOG: The Lovechild. Nuff said.
IG: -Lessons.
-Discussions regarding the future implications of what happened this Moon.

I meant to catch quite a few people (including the Dwarf players) before we left, but didn't get the chance to say bye. It was amazing getting to play with the other Dwarves who I've up till this point only really met in passing.

This was the first time that I was taking part in the core game plot, and this was an absolutely amazing experience. This plot, the running around, all the discussion about the political and societal implications of what was happening. As a rule, I enjoy KR immensely, but this plot especially, if I'd have missed it, I would have been kicking myself for a LONG TIME to come. ALL HAIL GENE THE DWARVEN GOD! And thanks to all the NPCs who made this weekend absolutely spectacular!

See you all in April! <3

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
Last edit: 11 Mar 2014 14:41 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
11 Mar 2014 14:54 - 11 Mar 2014 14:59 #23 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
This event topped the last. There was so much going on, so much to do, and I still couldn't get everything done I wanted to!

Special thanks to James, Damien, Kirsten, Padma, and Bill for all the awesome mods you guys ran this weekend! It was a blast!

Christine: I had SO much fun RPing with you all weekend. It was just like old times!

"Let me tell you a little bit about mining salt peter."

Stumbling upon a smutty novel in the monastery randomly opening a page and reading a passage aloud, then slowly closing the book, backing away as a look of horror crept upon my face, and demanding that the foul evil thing be destroyed.

Haya trying to keep me calm during surgery by telling me bawdy tales. I'm sensing a theme to this weekend.

Lastly: CONGRATULATIONS LESLIE AND JOHN!!!!!!!

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
Last edit: 11 Mar 2014 14:59 by Jack (Keeperofdice).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Tsoli (Tsoli), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Narcis (ChrisR), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Maralas
  • Thank Yous: 124
11 Mar 2014 16:11 - 11 Mar 2014 16:33 #24 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Replied by Maralas (adamdrew3) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
I got to engage in a lot of great RP this event and I loved it!!!

Friday night: Gaian Mass was good! I was pleasantly surprised at all the people who showed up! Thank you all so very much for coming and participating in Mass! It was awesome to have people add to the sermon by sharing their views. I really loved it! You all made it a great Mass for me!

Saturday: Market Faire was good. I didn't end up selling anything; but I got to RP with people. Brigitta (sp?) and Meander along with Caldor and Albert made my time at the table lots of fun. I got to build up my stash of potions some as well. Then I got invited to check out what happened to the Dwarf King . . . KR-CSI! That was cool! I particularly liked seeing Victor in action as he looked for traps and secret doors.

Sunday morning lessons with Rudolf were great. I really missed him and was glad to get the chance to learn some things.

Thanks to everyone who worked hard IG and OOG to make this a fun, exciting and safe event! I can't wait to see you all next month!

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

OOG: Rebecca Hines

Logistics Marshal
Last edit: 11 Mar 2014 16:33 by Maralas (adamdrew3).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
11 Mar 2014 16:52 #25 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Almost didn’t make the event due to medical concerns, very glad that I did. So much happened, great rp was had. Not to mention, I got to be a part of two people’s most special moment… Congratulations John and Leslie!

~ Busting out of prison to calm Grim down only to eventually be calmed down by him when Edwin and Angeliana exchanged some words.

~ Attempting to calm down and help Karkat , getting slain by him instead. Grim’s rage when he found out. Maybe soon he’ll understand why it’s a punishment to be her bodyguard.

~ Making it to Maralas’s mass! Was lovely, some very relevant and touching things said by Caldor and the Baroness got Angeliana emotional. The shenanigans during the benediction lesson afterwards, I hope I didn’t scare Oliver.

~ Seeing Sir Victor for the first time since the ball, Angeliana’s reaction when the response to “Who goes?” was “Admiral Sir Victor Sylus” if that road hadn’t been a solid sheet of ice… the fireplace, yeeees.

~ Finally getting some alone time with the Baroness, Angel showing someone she trusts just how broken she is now.

~ NPC duty. Thank you Gene for the RP role, I was worried for nothing, easily the most fun I’ve ever had as an NPC. All of the beard and gender conversations; including giving Jed and Jonas Kane advice. Also barbershops? Make it happen! Croi’s face when Julen offered her to touch her beard. Sidebeard! Getting scolded by Lord Azamar, all of the tension, the spar with Grimkjell spiced up by Karkat angering Julen.

~ Angeliana is once again learning from Master Galen!!! :cheer: <3 Best Teacher. Dat voice.

~ Jed showing Angeliana his affection, creepy. NOTHING compared to Terzi telling Angel she wants to drink her blood after Jed said Angel is tasty. Backing away straight to Galen and Oren begging for help.

~ Begging Lord Hellock for a chance to prevent the violence and resolve things peacefully for main mod. Getting permission, only to be limited to the door, and then limited by Karkat to 30 seconds. Steve, my heart was beating in my throat as you counted down in my ear. Losing my voice trying to parlay until superior death poison got me, luckily Caldor carried me to safety and had me healed.

~ Lord Hellock protecting Angeliana out on the battlefield. Witnessing her heal, calm and talk an NPC down from fighting. (NPC whoever you were, thank you for the awesome RP) Lord Hellock telling Angeliana afterwards that he now has hope he didn’t have ten minutes ago. Meant the world hearing that from a Lord.

~ Healing Hengis and calming him down after Jed did a number on him. Also Jed grabbing Angel to put Ruindol’s soul back into her body… “What happened?” “Nothing you can’t fix, show me where to take her body” … Souls talk in the spirit realm ;)

~ Angeliana trying to drink her failure away and being extremely distraught after main mod. Gin Yuki, Dominic, Caldor and Aella consoling her; all private and real words exchanged, all great.

~ Kleiden taking care of Angel the entire time. Bringing her hot chocolate she could have after losing her voice, healing her when she was too shocked to do it herself, giving her a gem to use for refugees, buffing her with defenses. Thank you!

~ Dimetri approaching Angel: “Smile”, “not gonna happen right now, sorry”, he whips out and hands Angel a red rose… queue involuntary smile, followed by his victory smile as he walked away. Aced.

~ All of my students, all of the lessons, always a pleasure.

Was a great event, can’t wait until April. Take care KR family :-)

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The guy who does the things
  • Thank Yous: 265
11 Mar 2014 22:22 #26 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
Replied by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Congrats to John and Leslie! I'm sad that I missed the actual proposal but still awesome news to hear!

And I'd like to thank all the NPCs and PCs who came out for the respective Heroic Mods. I hope you guys all had a blast!

My highlights were basically just running those and watching people have a ton of fun with Matt Calo playing both the Evil Ranger, and the Heroic Swash.

Gabriel Chance
High Arcanist of Drega'mire
Binder of the Vestige Argolarium the Bound King

OOG:Drew Benton
Officer
Story Teller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
11 Mar 2014 23:06 #27 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Right of the bat, Congrats to John and Leslie. In addition to being thrilled OOG, it helped Caldor be extra motivated for all the wedding planning he has to do IG.

This was a fantastic A++ event. I would definitely rank it as one of my favorites.

Friday:
Distributing Ree's deserts. She was worried they wouldn't go. When will she learn.
Watching Angel descend on Grim was great.
Dwarves attacking, and turning into demons. Caldor was extremely confused by all the dwarven politics, but tried to get along with everyone.
Was very worried I would have to pick between Gaian Mass and Camp Clove, but was very happy to make both. Friday night mass is so nice, as it starts things off in a great way. I love what Maralas is doing with it

Mad props to Mark for the Clove cookout. It really was a great setting, and some wonderful RP. One of my first "deep" RPs as Caldor was when clove invited us out to his hut my second event. Now a year later I was back, and having talks with him that were different based on how much I had learned and grown.

2 am cleanup in the kitchen from some sort of spill. Yuck, but fortunately I found it before the breakfast crew came in.

I thought I wouldn't like Primal Glyph. Dear gods I was wrong. Wonderful for guarding our cabin.

Saturday:
Headed out for early morning breakfast clean up, so I missed seeing Anhil use his special moon powers to get rid of enemies.
Rather a slow morning, but got some lessons and talking in. Decent RP.
Being attuned to the Grove was a moment of great pride for Caldor. Now if only Jason can start remembering how to get there.
Kaladonia land meeting was wonderful. Thanks to the Baroness for her frank and open interactions with us. Its good to know our concerns and desires are being heard.
I'm truly glad I joined Kaledonea, and I'm very happy with where the land appears to be going.

The appearance of an attacking nature's herald made Caldor sad. I miss my nature buddies.

Gwenned asked me to go find her cloak in the Monastery. It was barren and empty, and for the first time truly felt ... holy. Caldor had to pray, even though he was alone.

Our table for feast was great. The bulk of the Heargens (sorry Burk. Caldor turly felt like crud that you couldn't sit with us), as well as some good friends.
Prep for the invasion was fun. We went around setting up Alarms and scouting. I was happy to hear that the alarms did do some good, even if we didn't personally hear it.

As usual, I love seeing Angel stand up to the more violent people and try to resolve things through words first. Caldor was proud to stand by his Sister and try and protect her while she did so.
When the fighting did start, Caldor tried to keep it non violent, and was very proud when Ginyuki and I managed to get some to surrender.
Primal Glyph again much fun when people tried slipping in or out of windows.

I love the talk Wife had with Angel post mod. I wish I had heard the whole thing. I like how parts of her past and her story creep out slowly in these ways.

Sunday
Bringing Eric around to Kaledonea and talking with him about the druid's circle. Then... INSTINCT lessons for Eric and Triss. Sooo many arrrows.

Totem Form lesson was wonderful. I truly felt out classed by the amazing RP of Keavy, Typhon and Eric of their totems. Eric's tortoise was truly inspired. And with her furs, there was a moment where Keavey trully became a wolf visually.

Sunday afternoon was supposed to be a get ready to leave early, then all the NPCs I had been waiting for showed up.

Goose's Jaxuaran Druid was truly interesting, and has sparked some wonderful conversations and follow up about how we run our Grove.

Brother John continues to be one of my favorite NPCs. Caldor had to ask him to wait while he was talking to the Jaxuaran... and this resulted in his getting killed behind the in for his faith. Fortunately, he was able to bring his spirit through the Veils and he is back in our world. His depth of backstory and conviction for returning were stellar. Upon returning he opened great RP for both the information he gave to Caldor and in reporting and pursuing his attackers.

All in all this was a fantastic event. Hats off to all involved.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Keavy (Dani), Angeliana (Angeliana), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
12 Mar 2014 00:47 #28 by SerenityMoonstone (SerenityMoonstone)
Replied by SerenityMoonstone (SerenityMoonstone) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Ah, a much more fun event than the last. Now if only it weren't so wet due to the melting of the accursed snow ^-^

Before lay on:

Actually arriving too early works out for claiming a spot in the inn. Rooms were filled already and the attic filled few minuets after I claimed a spot. :o

I really should remember from now on to pack some food. It's really nice to eat in the in between time before lay on and after I'm all set up.

NPC Shift:

Drow was fun, especially since I got to act like a bossy bitch and rp in the role a bit ^-^

Losing my glasses was not fun.

Saturday:

Old fashioned larp snow ball fight was fun and kept me moving.

Whoo for gypsy plot, boo for having to not go with them due to freezing toes.

Bard's Song Circle was fun and a blast ^-^

Feast:

Twas happy I got to do character important song for feast. Tolbar's song was still funny the second time.

Main mod:

Ok, I know bored healers are the sign that things are going great, but we were VERY bored healers.

Post Mod:

Well, at least I got some use in the swarms coming in the inn.

Brain teaser!

Sunday:

Ok, here's the mod I was at: Oh s***! Encased in ice! Oh s***! Encased in ice! Oh s***! Encased in ice! I think we were like that for like an hour before we finally got out. Luckily all in one piece. (Seriously close to critical XD)

Hurray! My glasses were found! :)

My name's Ahmetia Campbell and I am so happy to be here! ^_^
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
12 Mar 2014 06:36 #29 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention the joy of being a bunny for an hour....
Hopping back to town to try and see Wife... and getting swarmed by Demons. The chase and eventual saving of the bunny was much fun.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
12 Mar 2014 09:29 #30 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic March 2014 (1214) Event Highlights!
So I went through and re-read not just mine, but everyone's Highlights here, and I noticed that I missed one thing.
And I feel rather bad for it.

So I'd like to make it up now by giving a huge congratulations to John and Leslie! I wish the both of you the greatest life together that you two can, and most certainly will make.

I would also like to thank you both for reminding me that if I feel that there's nobody left to turn to, I will ALWAYS have my family at KR.

Until next we meet,

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Goggs (coryan), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.834 seconds