July Event Highlights

• Jorik
  • Thank Yous: 45
28 Jul 2014 15:22 #31 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Replied by Jorik (rjvanscoten) on topic July Event Highlights
What a great event. I've got no voice. I'm covered in bumps, bruises, blisters and bug bites, but it was all worth it.
-All the new players, both PC's and full time NPCS you guys are awesome. It felt so much more dangerous to walk around knowing that there were multiple hordes of bad guys wandering around the camp at any one time.
-Made it through my birthday event without losing a Life tag! Steve, I know you tried your hardest with that nasty spider for my birthday mod. Bet you didn't expect the entire town to show up and save my ass. Haha. All kidding aside, main mod was amazing. First time that it felt like we paid a very heavy price for our victory.
-Arresting both PC, and NPC criminals over the weekend. Crime was rampant this weekend and the guard had its hands busy. Thankfully we have truly gotten organized in the last few months. Congrats to Bill for making LT. Thanks to both Brendan and Leslie for the guard insignia and the rank brocades.
-Bounty hunting. I'm quite convinced I'm the only person still keeping an eye out for the deadly blades...
-Big shout out to my group at main mod: Angeliana, Lucien, Logan, Arkellian, and I forgot what your name was. We kicked butt, managed to stay together for nearly the whole thing to the spider came and ruined everything. I'd fight with you guys by my side any day.
-Thanks to both Jason and Drew for getting my card issues sorted out. You guys have a tough job, and you are always so helpful with everything.
-Feast was delicious. Thank you so much to the kitchen staff. You guys go above and beyond every single time.
-Wheezy the bard's violin playing at feast. Jorik had never heard anything like it in his life. He made told her that she is the only bard he will allow to cast a spell song on him... lol
-Had a great interaction with a PC that was placed into my custody. I don't remember your name but it was great role play as you tried to convince me to let you go. Looking forward to RPing with you in the future.

All in all it was a great event. Can't wait for the next one.

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Private of the Baronial Guard
Vassal to Pendarvin
OOG: Jeremiah V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Magnus (hippy g0th), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Angeliana (Angeliana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
  • Arden
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • The ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of time.
  • Thank Yous: 163
28 Jul 2014 15:30 #32 by Arden (Shelby)
Replied by Arden (Shelby) on topic July Event Highlights
fought a kracken weekend made got big blue shiny rock thing yes that was perf

a+ jeff and katie

waaaaattEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR

OOG: Shelby M Briar [She/They]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Dorn (Aradiel), Keavy (Dani), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
28 Jul 2014 15:33 - 28 Jul 2014 22:49 #33 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic July Event Highlights
-Logistics and tallying the number of new players trickling/pouring through the door. So many and quite a few unique ones! (Glowing hula hoop girl and fiddler must return for feast)

-Maja and Eralynn ;-; At least she got to say goodbye, that's all Ilana wanted. Maja creeping Ilana out a bit more.

-World jumping and Ilana knowing every place! (She will get to explore the world when she retires. It will be amazing)

-Just kind of staring at Klarington's wife the whole time.

-Svraki are awesome o.o

-Green headband first time ever. Thank you to everyone being really nice about helping me out. Big thank you to Cameron letting me borrow his cane. (Granny windwalker from a pair of Ogres)

-Rift mod. Smith Minecraft.

-Goggins' checkup. It was for his health. Daniel being a very helpful assistant.

-Um, look, that spider just really liked Ilana. Anyone who says it came out of her is crazy, I swear <_< (Ilana really wants to lie about it, but she's still being good)

(Also, the spider outfit was really well done. Staring into Damien's spider face was terribly bright and great all at once. I just wish he didn't want to kill me so badly.)

-Fighting back to back briefly with Bellock. It was a very amusing few seconds.

-That healer meeting. Then making a nest of books to nap on at the scholars table.

-I went to bed before the sun came up!

-Father Lazarus' visit Sunday morning. Daniel was busy on the dock with the Kraken so Ilana asked Annora to grab him at his next retreat and then Ilana grabbed Typhon to panic with instead at the mage's guild.

-Non-KR friends interpretation of my current situation: " So... you're Naruto?" "...Maybe?"

Ilana is quite confused and maybe a bit upset, but Marcella is intrigued. We're both ready to beat up a demon though

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 28 Jul 2014 22:49 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Angeliana (Angeliana), Goggs (coryan), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
28 Jul 2014 17:21 - 29 Jul 2014 14:33 #34 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic July Event Highlights
Weezy playing at the end of Feast. A really brilliant ending to a notably delicious meal.

The Danny McKraegar school of Surgery: "Out of anaesthetic? Stab them in the heart!"

I feel like my card has become a popular holiday destination for Minor Insanities.

A great many new faces!

Brendan and Leslie's big bags of swag

Trent's Lyric of Inspiration on Saturday night. Forging has never been so much fun! I'm pretty sure you had most of the porch cracking up by the end of your song - very nicely done, sir.

Gifting someone a Clockwork Shadow Manipulator, then - over the course of Saturday - having no less than three separate NPC merchants attempt to sell the exact same device back to me. Just... what.

A surprisingly large amount of requests for clockwork body parts.

Acquiring a time-locked golem. YES. 100% worth the Monty Python impression I pulled in order to drag it back to logistics.

Interacting with Conor's excellently evil fellow at the Inverted Tower (no, I'm not talking about Merikh)

Finally telling Cecilia the truth about her project.

Watching the Kraken battle from outside the Mages' Guild. From a distance, it looked really quite impressive - I bet it was even more amazing to have been down there trying to dodge its noodly appendages.

"As chance would have it, I'm pretty sure I saw a star fall out of the sky last night..." Sending people on treasure hunts is quickly becoming one of my favourite things to do over a KR weekend.

Having to battle a greater undead... and winning. Who says Scholar isn't a combat class? Behold the power of the scientific method!

Having to battle Wulfgar. Perhaps Scholar isn't a combat class after all.

I was thankfully cured of my lycanthropy on Saturday night, but not before having a lot of fun trying (and failing) to subtly play a werewolf without anyone noticing.

NPC shift is always a highlight. There's something profoundly satisfying about making a 40 body lesser skeleton look like a Mod Boss. Rar!

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 29 Jul 2014 14:33 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Sister Danae (Danae), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Lumera (Lumera)
  • Tyros
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 73
28 Jul 2014 18:03 #35 by Tyros (Tyros)
Replied by Tyros (Tyros) on topic July Event Highlights
Great Event!

Friday - Portal hopping to try to find Klarington and seeing the sights as we were misdirected initially. Then trying to assist with giving Maja enough power to avoid any further misdirection.
Meeting the Vzyraki and making alot of comparisons between his magic and old draconic power.

Saturday - Playing George and juggling, then being offered gold by Jack who didn't have any on hand so I just followed him and Ava around until he paid me.
Helping with Heroic Psion mod.
Seeing Corsair as he recognized me and I only had suspicions of who he was.
Fighting Drew on main mod. Tim and I were the first to spot him and we unloaded all our offensive skills into him only to have him use Tyros as a human shield for 4 consecutive slays.
Crazy spider demon.
Watching Philidin find Bloodtide and confirm it was the blade we were looking for all in one shot.
Watching the ritual to fix time in the middle of the inn.

Sunday - Kraken mod
Assisting with an experimental ritual

(JP)
Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Dorn (Aradiel), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
28 Jul 2014 20:09 #36 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic July Event Highlights
Where to even begin...

I was in a foul mood arriving on camp. 2+ hours in traffic for what should have been a 1 hour drive, not to mention a few select people on the road that should be subjected to things unmentionable, made things look grim by the time I got there. A chance encounter at QuickCheck with Dave and Becky cheered me up a bit, and the rest evaporated as soon as my feet hit the soil of Camp Sacajawea.

The scene in Klarington's home was amazing. There was a ton of worry that too many people would cause and issue and ruin the mission, but I was very happy with how it worked out. Kudos to all the NPCs involved.

"Corsair, Corsair, Corsair!" Every time I heard it, I kept thinking to myself "This is not a good idea." How right I would be...

The RP that resulted from the sacrifice of Gideon's magic. Geoff has no regrets. Gideon ... we'll see. The outpouring of support from the IG community was stellar. Ardin and Gideon now have yet another tale of shared woe...

Sitting in on multiple meetings with the Count. Hearing the creepy Everest Family Music (tm) in the background gave me chills, even when it was 85 and humid out.

Undead in the daytime. At least I got to vent some frustration on them when they showed up!

Main Mod. Repeated "Geoff, what the hell are you doing here?" comments as I got in to NPC. Playing a Time Stop Golem, one of the classic beings from KR's OOG history. Getting to watch Main Mod as I stood on a wood pile to mark it out for safety reasons. Watching Grimkjel run past me back into the Reliquary, and saying "Well, break's over" in my head and pursuing him through the maze, T-800 style...

Jen Eff & the Agauarans post Main Mod. Jen pushed my IG buttons enough that Gideon snapped and nearly took her head off in the middle of the bar. I knew it was going to be a challenge when she screwed up her face in the The Look Of Defiance at me, and I was right.

Hurgar, Angus, and Edgar. True to Pendarvin, they say what they mean, and don't coat, mince, or pad any words.

There is more, I am sure, but my brain is fried and still recovering. See you all in three weeks!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Andy (Andy), Croínamara (Jen), Jorik (rjvanscoten), Goggs (coryan), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
28 Jul 2014 20:20 #37 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
Replied by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast) on topic July Event Highlights
Hey friends,

Lucien/Craig here. I just want to say that I had such a blast this weekend. Thanks to James for playing host to my handicapped butt since Thursday. I was glad to make myself as useful as I could.

I felt like there wasn't a moment of down time for me and I could tell that so many people were putting their best foot forward in regard to their RP.

Friday: Infinite amounts of excellent RP coming from my fellow clergy. Brother Aldric and Templar Cooper. Angeliana providing Lucien with constant reasons to be a hairs breath from eradicating everything that smells like evil had me wound about as tight as I've ever been as a character.

Combat roleplay with the NPCs and the Agorran Templar was a blast.

Gwenydd healing Lucien of his ailment was just wonderful, I felt like I was confiding in real family, even watered up a little. Great stuff Susan!

Saturday: Almost too much to name. Juggling the status of the hurch with the safety of the populace at large.
"Combat" with Atrus, was thrilling, and probably more dramatic than I could have imagined when it began. Great job John.

Mass of Light inside the monastery was a lot of fun, and my thanks to everyone who was present or involved.

Drama abounds concerning the different groups (Light, Dark, Naughty, Nice) all vying for different places around the proverbial table. The air was thick with the power vacuum left by the Baroness and the others. Cool!

Lucien and Danae talking about their humble origins and goals, then meeting up with Bat Cooper and talking about the state of the church, among other things. Always a good time.

Meander and the "Curses and Promises" , great stuff, very moving.

Main mod: Felt like we were really going off to war, and it was a war.

Thanks to Drew, Damien and every other NPC who nearly fell over fighting in that long and epic battle. I couldn't wait to tear my armor off after that one. I hope all those NPCs come back. I know on Friday night you guys were shaky on how to act/what to do, but WOW did you really kick ass in no time flat. Seeing guys shamble and click around as skeletons, staying in character, even when I knew they were sucking wind through those masks. THAT is what makes an event!

Ultimately: Friends, and the cool things they do to entertain me.

Seek the truth and walk in the light,
Lucien Belfast
Priest of Valos

28 Jul 2014 20:34 - 28 Jul 2014 20:35 #38 by Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy)
Replied by Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy) on topic July Event Highlights
Oh,golly, such an amazing event. by far my favorite to date.

General notes before game started and OOG Highlights:
-My dad coming up with me to drop off things like a cauldron! :D
-Seeing everyone again after being away for quite a while.
-Many other things I can't remember right now.

Lay-On and IG Highlights:

-Friday:
--The now Kargyraa Namit Patr Chand'ramohan has returned to Travance, and this time, wearing clothes!
--Ditched the clothes because I have a leather harness that holds what I need it to hold, so that's awesome.
--Helping a young girl find her sight after she was tossed around from person to person searching for answers.
--Ostcliff meeting and Stump shenanigans. Oh, gods, I love my fellow lands members! (Blacktree for Ostcliff!)
--Being asked to help with a bounty job.

Saturday:
--Braiding Sergei's hair and headwrap together
--a wonderful lesson from Keavy! :D
--Going out on aforesaid bounty, only to be ambushed by Chaos Demons, and subsequently being cleaved clear across the chest. That said, the triage and aid Namit recieved from Sebastien, Birgitta, and Boriev incredible. And then came the surgeries and literally getting patched up. By far this was some of the best RP ever. Namit cried. Chase cried. It was amazing.
--Searching for Perdition.
--Protective custody as per order of the Guard and relinquishing Ripper to Birgitta and Duncan.
--Gaian Mass with Caldor making Namit and Chase break down in tears.
--Finding Perdition and swearing vengeance.
--Realizing that saying, "Searching for Perdition," sounds kind of bad.
--Getting the patch cleaned and sewn back on.
--Meeting with people and fortifying PC relationships.

Sunday:
--Chilling out and relaxing.
--Sleep is nice.
HEARTS FOR EVERYONE BECAUSE ALL Y'ALL ARE AMAZING & I LOVE YOU.

In service to Ostcliff and Barony of Travance, Kargyraa Namit Patr Chand'ramohan, War Chief to the Sheiks of Amon Zhad

"May the Flames of Amon Zhad brun forever within your heart."

OOG: Chase Kosberg
Last edit: 28 Jul 2014 20:35 by Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
28 Jul 2014 20:42 #39 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic July Event Highlights
MY GOODNESS IT IS AMAZING TO BE COMBAT SAFE AGAIN
First time in over a year I believe :)
It was utterly heart warming how many people came up to ask me how my event was going.
Thank you guys. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I love this game.

I full time NPC'd and had the absolute time of my life.

In no particular order:

-Getting to play executioner for new player zone and toe to toeing with Imrahil. Brendan Barrett, you are one A+ RP fighter. Probably one of the most fun fight scenes i've had at KR in a long time.

- Wolves arguing with Caldor and Typhon. Let me say, I had no idea where this was going to end up going, and was absolutely surprised and in for a treat with the druids. Jason, David, you two are such steller RPers and I wish I got to spend more time with you both in game as Croi, because you're dynamite.

- Shaking down Birgitta bahhahahahah Leslie, you handled that swimmingly. Really fun RP there for me.

- Pissing off Gideon and Grim as a sidekick to an Aguaran. Oh my GOD I had NOOO IDEAAAA how much trouble we were about to get into. Holy poop, those buttons i didn't know I was pressing got the greatest results I could have hoped for. Geoff, Will, You are amazing, oh my god.

- Namit (sp?) and Nalick, let me tell you how much you made my night with how you treated Callie the blind girl. I have never been treated so much as a true character on an NPC shift. It felt less like an encounter and more like I was an actual player trying to find my way in the game. Thank you both for some of the most organic and heartwarming RP i've had in a long time.
Same to Morowenne. Her kind hearted behavior to both Callie the blind girl and the crazed Agurana side kick I had while facing the count were so heart warming. A+ everywhere.

-And of course,
Laura and Drew

Oh. My. Butts. Make up. The planning and last minute panic and doing three hours worth of make up in forty minutes. you guiz. you guiz that was so freaking cool. I had so much fun with you both. gahhh best ever. WARM FUZZIES AND HOT GLUE ON YOUR FACE.

There's probably more, i'll add later.

EVERYONE GO FILL OUT YOUR EVENT RECAPS, JOE HINES IS HOLDING A CONTEST.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Laura (Laura), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
28 Jul 2014 21:18 #40 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic July Event Highlights
Ok... time for real thoughts.

Thaddeus got to come out and play most of this event. Everyone seems to have adjusted to his crazy hair enough that I was able to stay in character most of the time. Did some research and finally met Lois Maxwell after having exchanged a few letters with her. Got my Baronial Guard braid for my rank of private and generally tried to be research and guard information useful. I had purchased a nice, smallish, sword from LARP Exchange and had it on me so I went ahead and had Goggins make me a sword. Never had to use it though.

Stepped into Valentine right before bedtime so that I could attend Mixolydia's celebration. Fantastic RP was had there... some of the best completely silent RP facial expressions I have ever seen was had. You know who you were.

Saturday, back in Thaddeus, had a great time RPing with all kinds of folks. Accidentally sat in on the small council meeting but nobody asked me to leave either. More RP with Lois and Rudolf and participated in some discussions about the rearrangement of the Barony now that Baroness is gone. It felt a bit weird to not do market faire but it was also good.

Saturday night, main mod. Spider... I have been working on this costume for a solid 2 months. It was so big I couldn't fit it in the van on the way up without it being apart so I didn't even get to see if fully together until right before main mod. When the NPCs showed up and Steve showed up and we turned the lights on for the first time in front of people the reaction was amazing. I'm still on a super geek out high over this and will likely be for a long time. Steve, thank you for asking me to do this!

Then THUD... sleep.

Sunday morning as Valentine, finally for a longer than cameo appearance. Fantastic RP when Valentine asked Gideon for a lesson in magic... nobody had told Valentine what had happened .... then follow on RP with Maralas and Sir Victor and others... then Kaladonia for second breakfast, fighting trolls, then over to the armory for undead, then more undead and then another round of trolls... this last round we only killed half of them and convinced the rest of them to go home. Valentine was in the front, toe to toe with a Troll and stared him down. .... frankly even I didn't know Valentine had that in him until that moment.

Best event ever.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Maralas (adamdrew3), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad), Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
  • Inajira
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 22
28 Jul 2014 22:11 - 28 Jul 2014 22:12 #41 by Inajira (Inajira)
Replied by Inajira (Inajira) on topic July Event Highlights
It was great to be back after a few months off! Here are my highlights:

Crawling through bees to help find James' cat. I remember thinking to myself while doing it "At least it's better than NPCing main mod"

Getting to RP with Geoff as Gideon. He's always a delight to RP with...it's a shame that as soon as he lost his magic and became TOTALLY acceptable to be my lord he up and moves on me.

Getting to teach some people I don't normally hang out with some new skills.

Feast! Between the excellent food and the violinist (sorry, don't know your name!) it was a fantastic experience

NPCing on main mod. I remember thinking to myself while doing it "I'd rather be crawling through ****** bees right now" :) Joking aside, it was very well run and the PC's and NPC's both did a great job.

Fighting wolves and getting into an argument with Keavy. It was pretty funny, because it was the dwarf who could care less about nature versus the sylvan elf who was literally raised by wolves. Let's just say there was a lot of yelling.

Finally, I want to thank all the people who play "Evil" PC's who put up with me giving them a hard time all weekend long. I will be the first one to admit that I didn't make your IG lives easy, but everyone put up with it very well and showed a humongous amount of maturity by keeping it all IG. Thanks guys!

-Aaron

Angus Grumblegut
Last edit: 28 Jul 2014 22:12 by Inajira (Inajira).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Sister Danae (Danae), Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Gabriel Chance
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The guy who does the things
  • Thank Yous: 265
28 Jul 2014 22:18 - 28 Jul 2014 22:18 #42 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
Replied by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor) on topic July Event Highlights

Croínamara wrote: Oh. My. Butts. Make up. The planning and last minute panic and doing three hours worth of make up in forty minutes. you guiz. you guiz that was so freaking cool. I had so much fun with you both. gahhh best ever. WARM FUZZIES AND HOT GLUE ON YOUR FACE.

For anyone curious, the scales that were on my face was from Jen doing hot glue onto a piece of glass, painting them a bit, and then smushing them into my face with spirit gum. Her and Laura came up with the idea and made it work. They also did the protrusion on my right cheek out of paper towels, enough liquid latex to make me cringe while ripping it off, and some cotton balls for size. They looked amazingly cool and gave the exact needed effect to make Steve giggle like a little kid.

Gabriel Chance
High Arcanist of Drega'mire
Binder of the Vestige Argolarium the Bound King

OOG:Drew Benton
Officer
Story Teller
Last edit: 28 Jul 2014 22:18 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Croínamara (Jen), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
28 Jul 2014 22:43 - 28 Jul 2014 22:46 #43 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic July Event Highlights
I recruited six or seven people to the guard this event. It was pretty great. I loved having Grim get promoted and getting introduced to my new role and rank, it was great fun.

QUick breakdown.

Seeing Lois Maxwell manage to completely avoid a nasty battle in the inn simply by sitting calmly and still in the scholar's chair.

Seeing Joe, Alice, and Rebecca is a particular treat.

Grim almost arrested a god this month. No really.

Fighting the Iron Ravens was great fun, anything I get to beat up Will bartlett is a special treat <3, Grim going 1v1 vs a big bad and doing well is always a hugely awesome feeling.

Realizing grim had real responsibilities now is also a trip. Literally EVERYONE was calling for him to jump into the fore of every battle he came across, even when he was transporting high value prisoners to the jail.

Finding out the full time NPCs and a lot of the players LOVE fighting me, since I love combat roleplay. (And roleplay in general)

Arresting the head of the Brotherhood of shadows.

Roleplaying with Jen Eff's blind NPC, finding out Angel took her blindness, and explaining what a gift and sacrifice it was.

Sitting in on the nobility meeting and discussing the possibility of forged writs, and 5 minutes after the end of the nobility meeting running into my first forged writ with Gideon, then having us both go into quite stern and angry modes with Ben's NPC and Jenn's NP. Grim wondering if someone was going to cut his head off as he asked the count 3 direct questions, then later barging in and throwing the first possessor of a forged writ right at the feet of count Winterdark. It was really intense.

MOrwenne gently helping grim raise his hand further to get the count's attention during the nobility meeting was a wonderful gesture and surprisingly subtle, she clearly picked up on Grim's nervousness amongst the great and the good.

Main mod once we got to the battle site. That horde of undead was fantastic to just smash into and slaughter, and even better was finally getting brought down and cocooned by Damien, Joe, and everyone else's awesome doom spider. Funny point. It was actually doing minimal to me, the rest of the NPCs were what brought me down. I was actually super excited when the spider jumped on me and said, "Oh cool what are you gonna do?"

I was the last person from the town at the mod site, and it led to a great scene, since the last thing grim saw before being told to retreat by Angeliana and Quinn was a horde of undead and all his friends surrounded. He was lost in the reliquary, alone, chased by Geoff's time golem, with only one arm and massive damage. It was an incredibly changing solo roleplay moment for Grimkjell as he confronted personal dishonor and powerlessness for the first time ever in Travance.

The moment before the venture into the Rift when Pluvious said, "stand with someone you trust with your life." And Grim and Annora just looked at each other and nodded. It was a subtle and wonderful moment with Karen, and that's often the nature of their friendship.

Remembering the baroness after the service was over with Rudolph and the others was nice, as was the talk about the nature of a certain healer.

Gideon and Grimkjell having a very important personal talk after the nobility meeting, and Gideon's hilarious misapprehension about who was Magnus' squire.

Sunday wakeup mod shenanigans as I once again teach townspeople to keep their weapons close as they sleep, the town almost lost 5 PCs if not for some fortunate encounters. Storming the mages guild and beating down Tsoli and Tari in their beds with a bunch of skeletons was hilarious.

Being mean to Roach. His player is such a good sport.

Going down to Alisandria to have a philosophical conversation with jed, only to find them eating dinner and then giving an impromptu battle briefing to all of Alisandria. I love roleplaying with you guys and I guarantee you'll see more of Grim now that he's a Lieutenant.

Gideon and Ardin's sacrifice. Grim already respected and cared for them both in his own gruff way, now he's positively soppy with affection for him. NOT THAT HE WILL EVER ADMIT IT.

Being all mad at Swyft for being dangerously foolish, then switching to desperation to save her when she got her soul harvested. Great save on the part of Theresa as Rowan.

Warning 8 ogres that they shouldn't fight me on the road to Alisandria. Having them attack. Popping bloody roar then using the 1 minute superior intimidate to slaughter them all. The NPCs had a blast, and Grim got a nod from Jed. Definitely a badass momnet.

Watching Valentine fight was a joy. Roleplaying with Joe in any capacity is great.

Getting sent out as a crooked cheesemonger then getting haggled into a fair deal by a bedoin was amazing. Well done!

Watching the Bishop of Travance accidentally cast Galladell's release on a living ogre was also highly amusing, as was dying and falling into a pile of donuts.

Watching Boryev cast Jingle was amazing, I laughed so hard I got hit by his next actual spell because I couldn't dodge due to laughter. Zellara's hideous shrieking for help was also amazingly funny.

Kraken mod looked really fun and funny, I oculd tell everyone was having a blast.

Great roleplay with all my guard buddies, Will, Matt, Galen, Leslie, John, Brendan, and everyone else.

Jorik was a great second to grim for a number of times.

Grim is really taking to responsibility AND delegation, I'm enjoying the exhaustion of being the guy who is needed for things, even if they are mostly just "GET ANGRY AND STOMP SOMEONE"S FACE."

using spell cleave a LOT on undead casters. It was fun because every caster who hit me was shortly thereafter clobbered into submission by a raging berserker.

Fighting Draven and Godric as a skeleton was a lot of fun for the 3 seconds it lasted before he got kilt ;)

Teaching Aella defensive fighting in a typically brutal fashion, only to be tackled by Duncan halfway through (He physically tackled me it was great, and safe!), then getting into a shouting match with Sergei as Jingly man interfered with the lesson using his foul stinky Romani magics.

Helping with Duncan's master warrior lesson.

PLuvius squiring grim's friend Doctor Montfort. Well deserved and well done!

I am mentioning SPIDERDAMIEN twice. Because it was that good.

Finding out Zellara and Biron were getting married, and that Caldor was officiating. This means grim can probably mooch food off the reception, huehuehue.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
Last edit: 28 Jul 2014 22:46 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings). Reason: Forgot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), JTinney (Swordsaint), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Jorik (rjvanscoten), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
28 Jul 2014 22:58 #44 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic July Event Highlights
My favorites are almost never big, massive events, but all the little interactions I have over the weekend.

To the player of Vince, my apologies for forgetting your character's name three times. You can be sure I won't forget you now :-D

The initial scene with Maja, Eralynn, and all the bards/healers was so sweet, it nearly brought a tear to Lois's eye. Nearly ;-)

Thanks to the STs for sending out that little hook ^_^ I'm so excited! And Lois is so terrified she's turned manic.

Lois had been worried about Goggins for a while, and she finally pinned him down long enough to discover a number of very alarming things - and just in time, apparently, to avoid a "Doggins" scenario (Cory, that pun is still making me giggle like mad, terrible as it is!). And he finally stopped calling her Madame! How romantic ;-)

Being the most useless person to dominate ever. It took me five minutes to figure out how I could actually attack someone, so thanks to Zipeto for being patient about it :)

I GET TO TAXIDERMY A KRAKEN HEAD. FIVE YEARS OF PLAYING A TAXIDERMIST AND FINALLY SOMEONE GIVES ME SOMETHING TO STUFF.

All the meetings. Lois's actual list is Heroic Bureaucrat.

Seeing both Jacks! I think Lois must be predisposed to liking people named Jack.

Pleasant little conversations with Illana, Danny, Gideon, Imrahil, Winifred, and a million other people. It always makes it feel like more of a world when you can talk with people about things that aren't directly related to plot.

Everyone being so patient with me as I sorted out exactly what being Chancellor of the Exchequer meant, both IG and OOG.

Thanks to Norm for, well, thanking me. It's nice to hear, every so often ^_^

Thanks to Chris/Willow for the Gatorade. It saved me from my dehydration headache. You know those "keep hydrated" warnings? LISTEN. I play a ridiculously low-combat, low-movement character, and I *still* got dehydrated.

Thanks to all the NPCs on Main Mod. In addition to the thanks for working through what is typically the most physically exhausting shift, you were also patient about your cards/loot/etc.. We typically end up having to write out about 30 cards by hand for main mod, and I know it can get really boring just waiting around to be told what to do. There was definitely much less "what are my stats"-type pestering this time around, which lets us focus more and get the work done faster. Thanks to Jen and Laura for their makeup work, and for cleaning up afterwards. Thanks to my trainee LM, Rebecca, for champing through all the NPC card-copying ever.

I'm sure I forgot something, but aside from the bug bites I am still finding all over myself, I really can't complain about anything this event. Hooray event!

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
28 Jul 2014 23:12 #45 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic July Event Highlights

Grimkjell Eirson wrote: Seeing Lois Maxwell manage to completely avoid a nasty battle in the inn simply by sitting calmly and still in the scholar's chair.

I always assume NPC are T-Rexes and can't see me if I sit quietly and don't make any sudden movements. This has worked about 90% of the time, and how a 4-body scholar with no attack or defense skills has managed to stay alive over 5 years. ;-) (Now that I've said that, they're going to start gunning for me, I'm sure!)

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
28 Jul 2014 23:12 - 28 Jul 2014 23:15 #46 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic July Event Highlights

Grimkjell Eirson wrote: Teaching Aella defensive fighting in a typically brutal fashion, only to be tackled by Duncan halfway through (He physically tackled me it was great, and safe!), then getting into a shouting match with Sergei as Jingly man interfered with the lesson using his foul stinky Romani magics.

Helping with Duncan's master warrior lesson.

Dude, I have a quirk about rescuing a damsel in distress (with Aella, its not likely she'd ever be in distress long but still...) and the opportunity to tackle you was impossible to resist.

The look on your face when helping me with my master warrior lesson was priceless when I went Florentine on you with Balance and a small weapon. You sooo did not see it coming and it showed.

Thank you for the fun RP in both instances.... Awesome stuff.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 28 Jul 2014 23:15 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
28 Jul 2014 23:30 #47 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic July Event Highlights
In no particular order:

Saturday noon NPC a widower interacting with Jason's Caldor PRetty heavy, very enjoyable. Got Anhil/Sean involved as well as Rebecca/Miralas.

Steve's NPC who demanded the Claw from Edwin. After he refused to discuss the matter in private, my saying "@#ck you" in a normal speaking voice set three knights and a few other notables back on their feet.

The rearrangement of Knight Protectors

Excellent interactions with new players - lots of you.

Teaching Tari - some day, I will teach her defensive skills.

NPC beggar looking for handout. Please not the extended stone arrangement leading to the Pendarvin Statehouse's door. Worth the gold.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Maralas (adamdrew3)
28 Jul 2014 23:36 #48 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
Replied by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer) on topic July Event Highlights
Npc-ing, all the NPC mode! I got to be in character for a chunk of the time but most of the time i spent doing a lot of fun little projects and I thank Jeff , Katie, and Kirsten for! such a blast!

-But being an Npc ghoul following around a horrific spider monster? turning people into limbless potatoes before running off with the spider again? So much fun!

-Being quite caught up in all the shenanigans with the druids of course! Clove and Typhon are always so much fun to listen to and do an awesome job RP-ing and even fighting! (drowing clove as a kraken was a lot of work!)

-" I figured a naked Anhil is mostly harmless, so I let him wander on his way." Father Godric "To you maybe..." Cyndra

-Exchanging methods of not tanning/sunburning the outline of my new circlet into my forehead with Gideon :) (this seemed to come from experience hah)

-helping out some new npc'ers getting into super friendly and helpful npc mode (even with a terrible headache )

-getting to show of my awesome new flower/vine bracers and weaving found items and flowers into them (reagents close at hand am i right?)

-being two of the many tentacled monster at the beach! I swear this was the best! so many people did awesome RP throughout this fight! losing their swords and playing super nice through all of it! (i have to say Keavy did the best job! biting and clawing as we tried to drown her!)

-meeting even MORE silverbows, how many are there!?!

-catching even more fish, though those trout and bass are a little more elusive :)

Again I'm always so happy and impressed when Marshals do some really great RP stuff for me to take part in either as a PC or an NPC, its such a blast and really fills in the world for me. I brought a friend for her first ever larp experience and shes already hooked as well! :)
Can't wait for even more!

OOG: Taylor Fischer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tsoli (Tsoli), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Gilthu
  • Thank Yous: 8
28 Jul 2014 23:54 - 28 Jul 2014 23:59 #49 by Gilthu (Gilthu)
Replied by Gilthu (Gilthu) on topic July Event Highlights
So many things this event!

All the RP, ALL THE RP!

Friday night NPC: Being an uber undead with lots of harvest your souls. Actually harvesting quite a few. Getting pulled at between my NPC master and Orphan like a child in a messy divorce case, WHY CAN'T I JUST FOLLOW YOU BOTH? Oh right, the control greater undead spell... Attacking the inn as that uber undead but with added templates!

Friday night PC: Welcoming back an old friend both IG and OOG when suddenly he stabs me! Possessions going on in my house? NAHUH! Oh god, WULFGAR, NO! The following fight was amazing. Getting to ride around in Wulfgar's head to protect him from the ghosts controlling him was amazing! It also caused some interesting RP ending with "Lets promise to never speak of this ever again!"

Saturday: it was all such an amazing blur. So many fights! Figures that the game I ask about Subdue I actually mimic a passive that helps only with Subdue! The gaming gods were having a laugh. All the RP with so many people, talking to druids and rangers about how they feel about current events, reconnecting with people I felt like I haven't seen in a lifetime, and meeting a lot of new faces. Getting waylayed before feast and discovering that I can trust my friends with my life but not my face...

Feast, my gods and little fishies! It was amazing! The food, the fruit, the everything. The kitchen staff really outdid themselves. People were asking if we could have the cucumber salad from now on instead of the normal salad, people were raving about the beef pie and how amazing the crust was... I myself was too busy experiencing the food first hand to make comment.

Main Mod: Scouting around only to accidentally stumble into the room with the undead waiting for the PCs. I am sorry we didn't hear your clarification Steve, but the eerie sight of all those npcs just kind of standing there, occasionally shuffling around while all DEAD SILENT will forever leave a lasting impression. The person with the white mask on top of his head who would look at people with his mask's eyes instead of his own was particularly awesome. Thank goodness for Life Shroud...

Rejoining with the main body just in time to help Goggins carry a golem to the side for him to dismantle. I think he somehow got it out and I don't know what he will do with it, but I look forward to seeing Arthur's next big invention. The spider/drider/ice demon spawning right next to the two of us! "Oh that can't be good..." *it lights up* "Oh gods it definitely can't be good!" Spending the rest of the fight keeping away from the glowy thing. Ending up next to Wulfgar again. Undead tries to possess him, I go "Oh wait, I KNOW THIS TUNE! REPOSSESSION!" spending the rest of main mod riding inside of Wulfgar, helping him was the best.

Sunday!
Clove getting attacked by a Druid Elder. Getting ready to jump in if he turns out to be a dark druid, but relaxing once he showed he cared about his charges. All the debates it stirred. Talking about all the things going on. Watching Master Quan Liu's lesson on disarming and remembering my own. I love watching Luice explain things and teach lessons. I hope that August we get to have a full meeting in the caravan or someplace like that.

KRAKEN! All the Kraken mod. I loved how relaxed and fun the 'tentacles' looked moments before they started drowning everyone they could touch. It felt like a real effort and it completely drained so many. It was a big lesson in how people need to work together and I was proud of a lot of people in the way they handled themselves. Sad that it could have ended a lot sooner if the right people had shown up, but its always a spanner when you need a screwdriver isn't it? I wish I was aware of what was going on while in my crit count, because I would have loved to thank my rescuer who saw me swiftly into swyft's heal life-ing embrace. My favorite moment is probably casting jump and shouting "DRUID CANNONBALL" as I landed right next to clove and the head, or maybe JR playing an NPC fisherman who somehow convinced a towns person to act as human bait... The worst, most amazing thing was the blank expressions on people's faces when I asked if anyone had bothered to find out the man's name... Never change Travance, never change.

Soul wet but intact, body the same. I will never forget how awesome this event was! :cool:

~Gilthu
Elder Druid
Verdant of Ostcliff
"Something something nature, something something Arawyn, something something destiny"

OOG: Phill Uhlig
Last edit: 28 Jul 2014 23:59 by Gilthu (Gilthu).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
29 Jul 2014 00:09 #50 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic July Event Highlights

Ven wrote: They looked amazingly cool and gave the exact needed effect to make Steve giggle like a little kid.

I DIDN't KNOW WE MADE STEVE GIGGLE !!!!!!!!

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
29 Jul 2014 00:15 #51 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Replied by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth) on topic July Event Highlights

Gilthu wrote: Ending up next to Wulfgar again. Undead tries to possess him, I go "Oh wait, I KNOW THIS TUNE! REPOSSESSION!"

Hahah, that wraith was me and that was easily one of my favorite things that happened in that combat. Nice move, there!

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilthu (Gilthu)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
29 Jul 2014 00:28 #52 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic July Event Highlights

Grimkjell Eirson wrote: PLuvius squiring grim's friend Doctor Montfort. Well deserved and well done!

Oh boy do I have some news for Grim.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Laura
  • What What What are you doing?
  • Thank Yous: 73
29 Jul 2014 01:41 - 29 Jul 2014 01:41 #53 by Laura (Laura)
Replied by Laura (Laura) on topic July Event Highlights
Drew and Jen - Not to mention the glue mixed with black liquid latex paint to make your hair all nice and oily looking, that was my favorite part. Methyl Cellulose for the win!

Thanks ya'll, I had an amazing time, there are too many things to list down, but I'm so happy to be back on a regular basis and see your shining faces again!

Also, only got 6 mosquito bites, no ticks, FUNGASOAP FOR THE WIN.

Kressara Skytte

Alt: Jinx Kainen

*OOG*
Laura Wernsdorfer
Last edit: 29 Jul 2014 01:41 by Laura (Laura).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
29 Jul 2014 01:50 #54 by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts)
Replied by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts) on topic Re:Re: July Event Highlights
This event was really amazing for me.

First shift NPC was awesome just watching the Horde of new players get into their roles and really motivate myself to rp better.

Not sleeping Friday night and feeling it really help me feel the mental exhaustion of repeating time day after day.

Saturday was a blur of awesome. Finding out some bad news and within 30 minutes with Birgitta's help forming a posse to protect a towns member.

Having a heart to heart with Nalick. It struck a cord with James and I'm eager to see it move further.

Getting Squired was definitely an amazing part of the event and I'm still feeling the awesome. Time to prove myself worthy of the title.

Main mod was sheer amazing. That spider was definitely jaw dropping and the wandering and searching helped add a level of suspense. Nearly dying as I realize I'm one of the last few only to be saved and see Angeliana run back in to get people out.

Literally stumbling up to the inn from sheer exhaustion and coming across Philidin bleeding out. Some makeshift surgery and he's being kept alive as Barak tries some White sorcery. Attempting suturing with strands of White Sorcery was definitely not something I was ever expecting to do.

Meetings! Meetings for days!

Being the only one around to field the grievances of a group of guild masters. Eventually Quan Liu and later Lois Maxwell assisted and it ended well and I'm excited to see where this heads.

And finally deciding on a combat class that could lead into some amazing physician Rp as he puts a scientific mind to something he doesn't understand as well as he feels he should and help him defend towns members.

All in all an amazing event all around and excited to go back in August.

Father Nikolai

Matthew E.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Narcis (ChrisR), Jorik (rjvanscoten), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
29 Jul 2014 08:45 - 29 Jul 2014 08:48 #55 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic July Event Highlights
In absolutely no particular order...thank you to everyone who helped me Friday...I was pretty low and you guys are awesome. Special shout out to Ben......garlic knots

Wanting to be guildmaster so bad but not this way with people losing magic. Now that I have it I'm just terrified I'm going to screw up and let people down.

Nallick never really interacted much Tari found him completely adorable in his absolute shyness which made giving him bad news all the more heartbreaking.

All the new people and NPCs were awesome. Especially the two guys who stayed in the mages guild you're hilarious and welcome back any time.

Playing a noble in new player zone and feeling horrible when they were arguing they let me die.

Jenn F talking about all the ways her goblin wanted to cook me was hilarious.

Keavy.....known her for awhile Tari just learning what an amazing ally she can be.

Danni making jokes about ice cream cones, Tari laughing and keavy pretending to not know why just made it more hilarious.

The birth of sir noble. You know who you are. Thank you for helping me when I was supposed to be giving you information.

Hanging with sir pluvious. I never get to spend that much time with you, so much fun.

Being so dumb and taking forever to figure out how to end Sunday mod. Jeff thank you for being patient and practically walking me to the answer.

Lieing to one of my closest friends repeatedly. All the guilt, having another PC tell me I lie well didn't help.

Ritual to set time right. Steve is always amazing with sorcery.

Last and definitely most important. Thank you to Craig and everyone else who saw right after the ritual that I was really sick. I really appreciate you guys calming me down and helping me I'm not sure what would have happened if you weren't there.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
Last edit: 29 Jul 2014 08:48 by Aria (Aria).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Charcoal
  • I'm back!
  • Thank Yous: 7
29 Jul 2014 14:05 #56 by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov)
Replied by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov) on topic July Event Highlights
i was so excited to be back after being away for almost a year, and this month's game certainly didn't disappoint! thank you to everyone who made shey the hulahooping gypsy feel welcome ig and oog!!!

my memory's fuzzy but from what i can recall, highlights:

friday:

ig and oog hugs from many old friends <3
between new paint and new hair, i heard a lot of "ch-charcoal?? is that you???"
also "are those your real eyes?"
near-immediate bard shenanigans and charcoal's first interaction with lorestri (and watching rowan slowly lose control of her temper)

saturday:

meeting lots of new bards!!! can never have too many
my first teaching lesson- teaching nocturne of recovery to master silverbow was phenomenal though i was very very nervous and of course sad to see that charcoal's first pupil will never be able to see the fruit of her efforts
the events that occurred during the feast are far from highlights but the rp surrounding it as depressing as it was stunned me
putting my extra 40 build to work by passing out fanfares of victory with finally enough mana to do so
red vs blue goblinoids
my first tower mod!
hulahooping with shey (and making a good 46 gold from a very appreciative audience)
catching fireflies and delivering them to various people
sharing cherries and chocolates and jerky- the best way to make new friends is with food!!

sunday:

kraken mod dragged a little but for the most part was really fun!! there were some npcs that were really getting into it which made the whole thing worthwhile. plus teaming up with some people to grant +5ish strength to that one guy who was attempting to reel in the kraken with line and bait was priceless
plus hearing screams of 'charcoal's down!!' after being knocked down by 1000 ice when the kraken died was kinda sweet. u//w//u
shey enchanting everything with lightning
the kaladonian feast made from the 'kraken meat' was so satisfying

lowlights:
losing my ukulele and finding it thrice (i should really get it attuned to me)
mosquitos only found me on saturday-sunday but damn they went to town
paint coming off far too easily in this heat no matter what i did to seal- i'm makin' a human pc soon mark my words

it was an amazing event and i'm excited to return to see what august will have in store!!!

"If two wrongs don't make a right, try three!"

IG: Charcoal Cha'cov
OOG: Sophie Rich
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
29 Jul 2014 14:34 #57 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic July Event Highlights

Lois had been worried about Goggins for a while, and she finally pinned him down long enough to discover a number of very alarming things - and just in time, apparently, to avoid a "Doggins" scenario (Cory, that pun is still making me giggle like mad, terrible as it is!). And he finally stopped calling her Madame! How romantic ;-)

I believe we have no-one other than the illustrious Mister Zach Theis to thank for that particular slice of genius :D

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
  • Raxas
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 14
29 Jul 2014 16:19 #58 by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar)
Replied by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar) on topic July Event Highlights
I have to say this was definitely a awesome event and change from not actually playing an insane Raxas and getting to interact with people completely throwing them off on what was going on (Roleplay for the win)

Steve All i have to say is GET OUT OF MY HEAD! Awesome mod though i should have been more proactive with my skills but the character was to scared with the pitch black ^_^

All the chatting protecting the INN and those who stayed behind during main.

All the RP this weekend really it made the weekend so much fun! Hope some of you that normally interact with me got to see the change in Raxas from last few events till now.

OOG: Randy Werd
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
29 Jul 2014 18:43 #59 by Sister Danae (Danae)
Replied by Sister Danae (Danae) on topic July Event Highlights
Jtinney and medical staff, thanks as always for watching out for my poor head better then I ever could.

Friday Night:
Brought out Zinnia. After a long journey away from everything she has ever known, she ends up in the most terrifying place she could ever end up; Travance. Upon entering the very packed bar,she quickly escapes to the outside, just to have Arza come rushing up to introduce herself. Completely out of her element, she immediately went into full fledged "stranger danger" mode and began to really panic and plan her escape from this strange place. Fortunately, Boryev(a member of her kumpania) finally showed up, and the day was saved, for the moment.

Getting to play someone who was uncomfortable in her own skin, and terrified of every noise and shadow in the town was a HUGE change for me. Once her family was around, she did finally start to settle, but she was pretty well set on the thought that EVERY person who lived in the town was completely off their rocker. She was sure she'd never ever ever ever come back. At least she was until Saturday morning...

Saturday morning treasure hunting with Sergei and Boryev. Zinnia got to enjoy the company of her two good friends, and not get attacked for a while. It really made her see a better side of the town she hadn't previously(the side with the monies). Also, her slowly becoming more comfortable with talking to others. Had her family not been around, she probably wouldn't have been quite so willing to talk(ever, at all, to anyone.)

Teasing Jorik about his prisoner. "Trust me, we won't hurt him at all! I don't even like blood!"

Switched over to Danae midday, and coming out right as the town was making a group to go down to the caves. Having Goggins decide for WHATEVER crazy reason that Danae looked like a trustworhy type, and dropping off a hobbit for her to babysit. Danae of course being rational, decided that the only course of action was to take the new to town Hobbit bard(better known as Wheezy) to the caves with her. Her logic being that, while the caves might not be very safe, she could definitely watch over Wheezy better if she stuck with her, then she could if she left her behind at the town. Wheezy had a great time down at the cave, and Danae successfully kept her hobbit safe.

Mass went from the smallest saddest little affair ever, to an awesome well attended service. It ended up being an amazing mass, and Danae was happy to attend and listen to all the sage advice. Maybe one day she'll speak at mass herself, but she doesn't consider herself a talker, so for now she contents just to listen.

Willpower lesson from Bat Cooper. Having to go talk to....Mages(yuck!!!) Having trouble finding said mages. Having mages REALLY confused as to why she was taking notes. One of the last mages she talked to was Gideon, who she very much respected. Gideon, deciding her willpower lesson wasn't hard enough put her to the test by intermingling their blood, and letting her see the weave for herself. Followed by a few moments of blind panic while she tried to remind herself she couldn't kill/harm/mutilate/attack/verbally abuse the Knight Protector she was a Vassal to.

Spending time with Lucien, and discussing how both of them ended up in town due to a dream from Valos. Bat Cooper joining in to finish the Willpower lesson.

Main mod and group smashy bits. I loved my group and all the people we kept adopting. "Oh you need a group? SURE we can take you!!" Main mod was excellent, and I really enjoyed getting to watch out for everyone in the group until I had to go sit out the rest of combat with the med team(boooooooo.)

Sunday morning NPCing a bunch of mook skeletons that were wreaking havoc upon the late sleepers of Travance. Having people not really how incredibly squishy we actually were. To be fair, there was a TON of us, which is why we had to be squishy.

Followed by..... THE KRAKEN. I probably had waaaay too much fun trying to drown towns members, but seriously, how often do we get to do something like that?! It was fun, and exhausting, and I'm a bit sore from running in and out of the water for three hours. Good times, would Kraken again.

Stuff that I missed, but brain is like blaaarrggggggh....

Dame Danae Hainsworth
Cleric of Valos
Second Knight of Pendarvin

"Where something bad happens, you have three choices...
You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you."

OOG: Michaela Benton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Templar Aldric (Selrik)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
30 Jul 2014 12:15 #60 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic July Event Highlights
Friday:
Going with Arden to introduce the newcomers to Travance! Lots of fun and interesting RP with you guys :)
Svraki business! All the Anhil Keavy Knight-Squire bonding!
Meeting Shade by him sniffing my ear haha
LM shift! All the insanities!!
Quick Check run in full Keavy garb!

Saturday:
Teaching Namit how to florentine.
Sleep!
Caelvan, Rylis, and Rudy arrive, yay!
Minecraft the mod!! Trying to move giant rocks to get to Caelvan under the rubble, meanwhile Minecraft Steve-I mean Danny and his smithing hammer of awesome, blasted the rocks away. Also, meeting a very VERY Quinarian elf.
Blood bow! Anhil: It's squishy...
Looking for the sun card while attacking undead, also communing to find it but to no avail.
Getting Ice cream with Tari, joking about ice cream cones.
Feast!
Finding out about the deal between Corsair, Gideon, and Ardin.
Teaching Caelvan florentine!
Last minute battle plans with Caelvan!

Main Mod:
Of course, the straight path, no where else in the maze, was where the gate was going to be. Finiding it and inspecting it, not sure what to do with it, trying to take it out of the reliquary, then realizing it needed the key that Barak had. Following Barak in to see the ZOMBIE HOOOOORDE.
And then GIANT FROST SPIDER THING.
Using ALL THE DREADNAUGHT SKILLSSSSSSSS
Geting to swing multiple different things thanks to others helping me out!
Going all out crazy growl fest
After a while, starting to feel a little sick OOG, deciding to hold on to Magnus for protection while I calmed down.
Helping Rowan from being downed, and holding her tightly when she woke to her arm off and getting it healed.
Nearly getting dragged away by spiders towards the end of it.

Coming back to Kaladonia to relax, Caelvan joining, and then Anhil coming in saying he thought we were dead. Finding out Orion died D:
Ritual of time fixing!
Noble's meeting. Inteeeense!
Doing a purposeful knock out as part of being a Dreadnaught to suppress my temperament insanity.
Sleeeeeeeep!

Sunday:
Just chillin' out, maxin' relaxin' all cool, just hanging with Kaladonians, Arden 'bout to get schooled(in druidics), when a couple of guys, they were all in a fus! Said "HEY THERE'S A GIANT OCTOPUS! They're eating townspeople, we gotta go!" And with that happening, we couldn't say no.

(Yes, I just made a Fresh Prince reference.)

So anyway, KRACKEN MOD! Tons of fun!! Even though I got my garb wet and ruined my already ruined boots, it didn't matter. I had to much fun hearing Jeff go "I'M ANGRRRYYYYY!" when I bit the noodle tentacles! It was long, and after a while all I wanted to do was NPC a pair of tentacles haha but it was a great way to end the combat for the weekend.

Food! Pretending to eat the Kracken Flesh!

Can't wait for the next one!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell), Goggs (coryan), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.925 seconds