July Event Highlights

30 Jul 2014 12:51 - 30 Jul 2014 12:52 #61 by Kit Reddlyn (willettre)
Replied by Kit Reddlyn (willettre) on topic July Event Highlights
Where do I start?
A very big thank you to this amazing group of players and staff for being so welcoming and ready to help this new PC at the drop of a hat.

Actually, too much to find a starting place. Hopefully in the future I will be able to organize my thoughts and remember names, but mostly I just wanted to say thank you.
Hope to see you all in August and keep up the great work!

OOG Becky Willett
ING Kit Reddlyn

Kit Reddlyn

Squire to Casandra Blackthorne
Lady of Alisandria

OOG
Becky Willett
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 30 Jul 2014 12:52 by Kit Reddlyn (willettre).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
30 Jul 2014 13:25 #62 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic July Event Highlights
~ Klarington and Livia. As always it is my pleasure to portray this NPC. Thank you all who tried to entertain a very confused and overwhelmed mute woman until we started playing a game of freeze. I am so glad I did not drop that bottle due to the surface condensation. Sidenote; contacts make it easier not to blink, who knew!

~ Portraying one hell of an NPC. All of the reactions to her; good and bad. I sure do enjoy roleplaying characters who speak through facial expressions and body language without words. Hope Caldor and Maralas were happy. Grimkjell telling me I’m trespassing and almost arresting me at the Kaladonia's Altar space was absolutely hilarious.

~ Sir Victor at the bar, understanding I was too late already. The emotions, the sorrow, the personal exchanges. Drinking ourselves to oblivion served by the wonderful Sebastien at the bar. Seeing Sir Victor that way broke something inside Angeliana she didn’t know was there. Role reversal? She is the one who is supposed to be all emotional and crying, he is the one who is supposed to be strong and encouraging. That RP was beyond amazing. Thank you Damien.

~ Lots of Undead? While I’m drunk and fed up interrupting drinking time? Have a taste of my positive energy! Seeing the guild master’s impressed, approving nod and feeling proud.

~ All of the possessions. Watching my Bishop proudly as she used Galladel’s release like a boss! Getting slain by Templar Rayven, then having him snap out of it with Angeliana’s dying body on his lap in the middle of ripping out and chewing on her jugular. His guilt was palpable. Sir Victor to the rescue! Holding onto him for dear life, terrified.

~ Protecting a blind Atrus from the wrath of an Angel of Valos and several townsfolk, including but not limited to Quan Lui. Luis A+ rp there. Physically standing in between them. The situation climaxing with the Angel not heeding Angeliana’s pleas and bashing her aside with his shield to strike Atrus. His wings bursting in divine flames in an epic scene of an Angel falling. The shame and disappointment Angeliana felt in her failure in preventing it was extreme.

~ Running into a blind girl called Cally, finding out that her ailment was unhealable. Sorry, that word doesn’t exist in Angeliana’s vocabulary. Refusing to accept it and trying everything in her power to help. Finally succeeding and being blinded instead. Jen, your innocent awe was stellar. Marika helping Angeliana during her terror of being blinded while she attempted to hide it from everyone but Marika who understood. Due to her recent tortures, that was more than a simple sacrificed which (coupled with Atrus’s missingeyes ) later caused a small breakdown until her sight returned.

~ Waking up from an hour nap to Bishop Labelle (sp?). Angeliana trying her best to be respectful and welcoming.

~ Breakfast with Mother Quinn, Sir Slack, Master Harroldson and poor Goggins.

~ Giving unkel Rudolf a small golden gift. A nice moment shared. An important chat with Imrahil.

~ Chicken! Wait? What? Small council meeting? Ok. Crying quietly as Angeliana realized she had no business being there and that no one there would listen to her opinions.

~ Healer catnip: Lt. Oren. <3 Thanks for putting up with the random hugs of needed support.

~ Water tower, berries, drinks, peace and quiet, I dunno? W.t.h. Aced it. You know who you all are.

~ Mass. Proud to hear the words spoken by Aldric, Bat, Lucien and Maralas, getting the guts to speak up there despite having public speaking anxiety. Hope I didn’t flub it too badly. Sitting next to my lovely sister Aella helped give Angeliana courage.

~ Stealing in front of Dimetri then denying it, “borrowing” oh the irony… hehe. I hate them caves. Grimkjell carrying one empathically destroyed Angeliana out on his back concerned about her labored breathing and being the only one who understood just how strong her empathy was now.

~ Reuniting Luministra with her brother Sergei and uncle Boryev. Also, dropping a giant bag of coins in Sergei’s lap and watching his triumphant / wicked smile.

~ Standing in front of the stocks to prevent rocks being thrown at an innocent. Gifting a wedding dress thanks to Gwynedd to a future bride, calming the violent folk after fingers were cut.

~ Viola at feast! Pieces I’ve played before on guitar, putting my hand up proudly for the musical question. We should play a duet sometime in the future, you were wonderful.

~ Lighting up the hulahoop for an amazing and entertaining display. You were superb! (forgot your name sorry :( )

~ Kleiden, Lucien and Gwynedd’s concern. Extremely deep conversations with Atrus. Swyft and Terezi joining in.

~ Lucien’s squad at main mod. We did a good job until the arachnodemon showed up and chaos ensued. Arkalian trying to reassure Angeliana, Jorik making sure I was alright constantly. Feeling safe behind Lucien and Burkhart until Lucien fell, taking longer than usual to pull him out of critical because of the real panic rising inside Angeliana from watching such a strong man bleeding out.

~ Atrus saving Angeliana’s life when she was in immense pain from taking on some stupid amount (over 200, I’m not exaggerating) missing or broken limbs onto herself. Feeling disgusted when she heard him chant the holy words of Glomm and begging him to let her out.

~ Top highlight: Running back to save a few fallen during retreat only to get surrounded by a horde of undead and arachnodemon, getting off a sanctuary just in time with Albert in tow. Blowing every mental or courage type thing I had for rp to calm him down and not lose it. All of the NPCs there, thank you, I only wish I could have taken a picture of what it looked like form inside the bubble with you all banging on it hissing, grumbling, gurgling etc. Sincere thanks to Aldric wielding faith like a champion cleric! And Warlord Barak for risking his life to get us out.

~ Healing a delirious, battle worn Lucien who refused to leave anyone behind.

~ Healer meeting with the Count, getting named a warden, such an honor.

~ All of the massages given and received. Yes, Grumblegut I did wash my hands, thanks for spitting on us. Aaron, you are a joy.

~ Mass and Enchanted armor lessons by Maralas and Sir Gideon. The Svraki, Corsair, Sacrifices, Orion’s focus walk, consoling Anhil… too many things!

~ Reducing the dust level in logistics drastically during my Sunday LM training. Was gross in there.

Sorry I wrote a book, didn’t want to miss anything. Looking forward to being with you all again soon KR family. Take care! <3

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
  • Arkelian
  • Thank Yous: 37
31 Jul 2014 21:01 #63 by Arkelian (TheRevenantHero)
Replied by Arkelian (TheRevenantHero) on topic July Event Highlights
One day people will spell my character's name correctly. That day...is not today.

Friday:
-Just being ridiculous at the inn and being drunk as usual. unfortunately this is pretty much the only thing I did Friday since I was very very tired.

Saturday:
-Wake up mod with some of the newbies was super fun. Wandering around as a demonic chaos warrior just messing people up was super fun. Ava's face after finding out my NPC was actually using a bastard edge after breaking my arm was priceless. Lucien then trying to reason with my character while both his limbs were broken was some really awesome roleplaying. How dare you try to take my minion away!
-The undead horde invading and terrorizing Pendarven. There was a lot of new players and I was their wraith commander. Eventually worked our way around to other spots before finally getting ganked by a circle of 10 people.
-Going to tower mod and finding out the necromancer we had let go was actually demon. The look on Connor's face when Goggins tossed two poison ivies at him then danced backwards was flipping amazing. Then having my powers shut down and forgetting I hadn't hit the power cap until the end of the event. WHOOPS. Still lots of fun.
-Feast was delicious and getting to banter with someone who is always giving my character a hard time was a lot of fun. And cake too. Can't forget cake.
-Main mod was so freaking cool. Walking around in utter silence with Angeliana, Jorik, and Lucien. Holding Angeliana's hand and trying to comfort her while also scared as hell inside the reliquary. Finally starting to retreat only to be atatcked by hordes of undead. then the most awesome freaking spider ever showed up and just started housing us. Arkelian lost many limbs that encounter. Was especially great when the spider grabbed the unconscious Arkelian, disappeared, then webbed him to a tree. thanks for that. So grateful of Anhil seeing this happen and ripping Arkelian's leg off to free him. Finally got carried off as a jovial and talkative stump of a man. Thanks for soothing salves, Miss Lady With A Shield!
-Arkelian getting drunk and talking to random people in a slur. that's always fun.
-Drunkenly explaining to sylph what a date was and what intimacy was. Nalik you picked the wrong Celt for that one. But wait....didn't that sylph agree to go on a date with Arkelian? If only he had remembered....
-Wandered back to Kaledonia for sleep only to be rudely awakened by wolves. Decided it wasn't worth getting involved when Caldor and Keavy jumped in.

Sunday:
-Spirit of the Dragon lesson with Quan Liu. Man, what an experience. Truly felt like a dragoon learning with him and gave Arkelian a new perspective on how it should be done.
-Tiredly fighting undead and trolls near the monastery while Quan Liu arbitrarily threw gouts of fire at anything that got close.
-RELEASE THE KRAKEN! Experiencing the kraken and helping to release anyone who was attacked by tentacles. Spent the next hour or two scouring the body for treasure!
-Rounded out the day by teaching Kanas how to beserk. So interesting to see a small elf get so angry!

All in all, a truly fun event and it was nice seeing all the new players. I look forward to what's in store for the future!

"Always follow me family's motto. The MacTiernan family motto is: Stop it!"

Arkelian MacTiernan, red dragoon who occasionally gets incredibly rage filled.

OOG: Cameron H.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Narcis (ChrisR), Angeliana (Angeliana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Lumera (Lumera)
  • Arden
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • The ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of time.
  • Thank Yous: 163
31 Jul 2014 23:11 #64 by Arden (Shelby)
Replied by Arden (Shelby) on topic July Event Highlights
forgotten highlight: eating half a plate of cake with the count.

OOG: Shelby M Briar [She/They]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Lumera
  • Thank Yous: 11
02 Aug 2014 22:56 #65 by Lumera (Lumera)
Replied by Lumera (Lumera) on topic July Event Highlights
Having this past event be my first, it felt like quite an amazing time to be joining in! I attended this event as my PC Lumera Azuresail, a swashbuckler fresh from Coasthaven. There is so much that happened during this event it's hard to remember how it all went in order. Let's see...

Friday doing the new player walk to town, the guides were wonderful at getting the giant mob of us newbies immersed and moving right off the hop! While I'm still trying to learn the overall lore, this certainly helped start to understand the (somewhat chaotic) place that is Travance.

Severo and Victor bickering like an old married couple.

Trying to figure out who to talk to try bartending. (It was quite the hunt in and of itself!)

Severo and Victor spooking Lumera with tales of the "Bandit bears" ... while in the middle of the woods near Pendarvin. The troll attack that followed soon after was so perfectly timed!

By sheer luck or chance, I had the honor of attending the Baroness' Ascension Celebration. While I am saddened that I never got the chance to meet her, it was very obvious that she is well loved by all. Hearing all the tales of those attending was rather emotional and inspirational...

Saturday! Well it was certainly one thing to learn why it's dangerous to roam around in the early morning. In spite of the fact that I had the foresight to not go wandering alone, the day opened with a near death experience from the roaming uh... mind controlled demon folk? Lumera suffered her first smashed limb. The amusing exchange that ensued right after was quite entertaining :

"Severo, go for help, I'll wait here!"

"I would but, I think my leg's broken... Why don't you go? I can hold my own here."

"Uhm... Mines busted too."

"...Blast."

She certainly came out of it better than the poor Celt fellow that lost his hand in the same attack. Props to Mr."Not handy" for not dying on the way to find a healer. (I'm sorry I don't remember your name! I do remember your nickname though!)

The neverending quest to refill Severos stock of ale.

More of Victor and Severo bickering. My not-so-secret desires to stab one or both of them didn't seem to help.

One of the consistent "quests" our party seemed to be on was: Where in the world is Jack Dimms. That man is like a ninja. A very loud ninja.

The look on everyone's faces when the suggestion was made that we just throw Jack Dimms in the brig instead of tail him was priceless. Thank you Birgitta Drexel for taking the suggestion seriously! (I'll certainly be sure to take yelling practice before my next event.) It was either poor timing or crazy chance that a horde of undead attacked Pendarvin right after turning Jack over. I'm pretty sure the guards weren't expecting to see me tearing back over seeking backup so soon.

NPC duty was awesome! Roaming around first as an undead (Sorry to the poor bloke I chewed the leg off of!) Then as an ice demon! Seeing the action from the other end was quite the experience. I missed the inverted tower mod, but I certainly saw the horde of players returning from it while on NPC duty.

Main mod was just... terrifying. Will certainly have nightmares about spiders for a while. Pretty sure one of the only reasons I made it out was Severo taking hits like a champ instead of me. My knight in floppy hat! (Sorry Sev!) The healers pulled out all the shots, thanks guys! We (Literally) couldn't have survived without you!

It was quite strange going back to the Inn right after that. The contrast of going from sheer terror and running from a giant killer spider to relaxing at a table celebrating the victory was welcome. The drunken party that ensued has to be one of my favorite moments at the event. Watching Jahara get tipsy and shoot a poor drunken Arkelian down was quite entertaining to say the least. Sorry mate, that Bedouin is just not into anyone. She then turned her sights on a certain swashbucklers ensemble. "Why do you wear sacred cloth as belt?! Your hat is all wrong! Why only one feather?"

Finally! Kraken! People screaming about a killer octopus at the beach is what I woke up to Sunday morning. We all figured it'd be dealt with quickly, but after an hour of the yelling our whole crew decided to go check it out. And whoooo boy, that was fun! Thank goodness our resident wind mage had decided to accompany us and enchant us with lightning! I was not expecting to get soaked, but after that sweltering weekend, it was refreshing! I light a candle for the poor unknown soul that played as "bait". Your sacrifice, while insane, will not soon be forgotten. The kraken NPCS were absolutely amazing! If a marshal is reading this, I nominate all of them for bonus RP points because man, their performance was amazsauce!

All in all, it was an outstanding first event for me, I hope that when I'm down from the wilds of Canada again I may have the opportunity to attend another. Keep being awesome Knight Realms!

IG - Lumera
OOG - Karen J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Dorn (Aradiel), Goggs (coryan), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
04 Aug 2014 21:41 #66 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic July Event Highlights
So, this was my very first event and I totally loved it!

Highlights include:

-a glorious morning of treasure hunting in the woods that included sighting an entire flock of turkeys with turkey chicks!

-swimming at the dock and then swimming away from the shore to avoid fire elementals

-being a skele at main mod and watching all of the brave warriors stand up to our hoard! It was an honor to be bludgeoned again and again :D The spider was spectacular!

-falling asleep with an arrow nocked

-The Kraken! Running at it with a dagger to do do exactly 1 pt of damage was so fun! No regrets!

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Andy (Andy), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds