• Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
22 Apr 2015 07:53 #61 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Wow.... So many emotions...

-Getting there and seeing everyone
-The slight IG/OOG vibe for the Cake!!!
-The. Cake. Just that.
-Mod before feast- getting my own goblin! (Sharing with Leslie of course)
-Feast- soooooo good. God so good.
-Hearing about everything going on and going..... Mmmmmmmkay. This should be interesting.
-Main Mod. I was literally in tears at the end of it. Having to suppress everything in trying to save as much and as many people as I could. Having people constantly bring dead bodies to me asking for help killed me. Being the most frustrated, angry, hurt, devastated, and determined I think Mae has ever been in.
-Seeing Swyft go down and begin to get killing blowed and becoming absolutely frantic. I literally COULD NOT let her die in front of me. Seeing Tim there, daring me to go towards him and trying everything I could think of to get her out. After that, being emotionally spent and tired as hell.
-Standing in the middle of the field afterwards with the bodies to halt death counts as people came forward to heal. Then... just standing there, trying to digest everything that had just happened. Thanks to all who rp'd with me then- I dont think Mae could have stood to be touched, but to have been alone would have been sooo much worse.
-Going into the inn and having Ilana ask me to go into the spirit realm and ask two friends to literally choose who got reanimated and who took a death. One of the most painful things Ive ever had to. Afterwards, talking with the one to be rezzed and having, I think, one of the best/most moving resurrections Ive ever gone through. Mae meant every single word, and knowing you decided to come back helped erase some of the horror of the night.
-Saying some things that likely would have gotten me arrested (maybe, Im not really sure honestly) in private with trusted friends after the battle.
-At the end of it, going to the focus and being slightly bewildered that we didnt even interrogate the planewalker as to his needs/intentions. Then basically accepting it as a lost cause for that moment and going up to the inn.

Renee- I know exactly how you felt. It absolutely killed me, but I know EXACTLY how you felt.

-It was crazy, it was horrible in some instances, it was extremely intense. I wont be there for the May event, but I *should* be (note the should there) for the WITL. We will see!

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH), Croínamara (Jen), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
22 Apr 2015 08:05 #62 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic April 2015 Highlights
A good portion of the event for me was ~13 or so hours in the kitchen between Friday and Saturday. Thank you so much to everyone who helped me get feast out right on time! I got some huge compliments on it (some of which I've been sworn to secrecy on), and the responses I got made it all worth it.

That said, I still had a fantastic event, and plenty of time outside the kitchen.

First of, NPCing an old gypsy fortune teller....just to spend most of that NPCing running from a beholder. Surprisingly fun!

This event as a whole made a huge impression on my new alt. Both the plot, main mod, and her lesson on Sunday (I look forward to when she actually remembers it). I have NO idea who Alcina's going to become, I can already see the multiple ways she will be pulled and I am SO excited about that fact. All I know is that I don't think any of the paths were actually ones I expected.

20 minute stasis, with a good portion of the main mod bosses and NPCs either taunting me OOG (since technically IG they couldn't detect me) or just ending up having a respawn point exactly where I was. Can't remember the last time I've been that terrified in main mod.

And then later, the 5 minutes where it didn't matter if I was conscious or unconscious, between Tori and Ben I was fighting for the nightmares either way....quickly running out of ability to do anything but 0 damage attacks. Seriously, I lost count of how many times I went into my serious count and then got healed out of it, only to get knocked out again just a few minutes later.

Late Saturday night, little scene with me, Josh, Josh, and James...I'm excited to find out where that plot goes.

Next, watching Maja chew out Kaladonia, and then being pulled into the very end of that mod to save the day. Being told about what had happened as Almat while in tons of pain, realizing I have to travel back in time because I did it already, and finding out what happened to Verril (I don't think I've ever laughed that loud as her before).

Finally, Sunday lesson as Alcina again. That whole situation...

I know there was more. All in all, I had a blast.

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
22 Apr 2015 13:01 #63 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:April 2015 Highlights

TheBardAbides wrote: Something I forgot:

Gin Yuki walking into the Inn Saturday afternoon, announcing that he'd bought all of Caldor's chili, and that anyone who wanted a bowl could have some.

It should be clear it was wife's chili... Caldor just sells it.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
22 Apr 2015 13:11 #64 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Very Good Weekend.

Highlight- Jonas Kane Presents: "The Jod Mountain Inn and Spa" of Alomialande

And the many new (and old) Pendarvinites!

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
22 Apr 2015 15:37 #65 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic April 2015 Highlights
How could I forget! Seeing very old friends and meeting some new ones. I fell in love your Nyad May. You enveloping me in a hug while saving me made me more grateful and relieved then I've ever been as this character. You have officially won a friend for life <3

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
23 Apr 2015 14:40 #66 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:April 2015 Highlights
More stuff...

I forgot to mention how happy I was at the large, Druid meeting turn out that had all lands represented in some way... I really want that community to continue to grow.

I especially loved the conversation between me, cypher, Cyndra, Kleiden, and others about Blight druidics.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
23 Apr 2015 19:03 #67 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Chess with a Tier III (or maybe II) Hunter Demon in the Inn. The stakes were my soul vs his death, and he wins on draws. At least ten people asked me if I was playing chess with a demon. As Geoff mentioned, it was under control and no one besides the demon got hurt.

Sunday, Chess with a townsman - He played the Dragon variation of the Sicilian Defense and asked if i knew it. OOG, I wrote a paper on it to graduate from Hahnemann. :cool:

Second game, as white, he plays the The Italian Game, hoping I'd go into a Two Knights so he might get to play the Fried Liver Attack, which I also played in my HS years as white.
Ah, it does not get much better than that.

Being asked to the scholar's table as they needed someone with lores: demon, abyss and chaos. The latter was tricky, and I temporarily suffered from mild dementia

Interactions with Sarah Mae's Bedouin. Looking forward to more.

Getting insanities, one of which was iritability. Christine and I looked at one another and said together "Who would be able to tell?" James, upon hearing of it, said "We're re-
rolling that one.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Andy (Andy), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Tobias (Tobias), Aysel (smgoebler)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
24 Apr 2015 12:15 #68 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Sorry for late post, been a busy week! Some highlights I can remember:

~ Coming into game in the prayer house, hearing Cyndra calling for help, walking over calmly and offering her a hand. Walked back into the prayer house with her and sat down to relax. Few minutes later "CYNDRA?!?!?" Angeliana: "She is safe" Rescue crowd: "Huh? She is?" ;)

~ Tari's blazing entry! Glad I could help, it was a cool scene.

~ Jack Dimms is dead... "Again? Has he learned nothing!?!" Tobias reanimates him, Jack chokes Tobias. Cool rp!

~ Teaming up with Tobias and Meander to creatively fix Caelvan. So. Frustrating. ANHIL! worst/best timing ever. I thought we were going to succeed before you pooped in our creativity party. Then later Tari, Illana, Veril, Galen and I fixing Caelvan. That... was ridiculous, had to blow my Font of Life.

~ KWILDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! Nuff said. Also chat with Kwildar and Maralas was muuuuuuuch needed.

~ Scolding Unkel for wanting to touch a foreign glowy object. "Um unkel... don't you always say don't touch shit you don't know..." Rudolf: "Well yes but this is me not you" "Soooo, do what I say not what I do? Got it" <touches the glowy> :silly:

~ Bachelor auction. Was hilarious. Angeliana simply upped the prices so that the charities could make more gold. Devious.

~ Soap sale! Thank you all so very much from the bottom of my heart for supporting my hobby / addiction. OMG Karen's brilliant smile and childlike joy at being gifted a Kaladonia Bugger away soap made my day. <3

~ Teaching one hell of a lesson. The feels, the RP... holy shit. Caught me off guard Albert, but I think that went very well overall. Definitely deserved it after 6 months of Angeliana rejecting you haha.

~ Mutual lesson with Gunnar. I have never had someone teach me something while I'm teaching them something. Very Cool!

~ CAKE. BOSS. :woohoo:

~ Giving Atrus rice crispies after searching the entire camp for him. Pretty sure Tari, Keavy and him needed that since they were all covered in blood and looked like hell.

~ RP with Jed and his new shack decorations. Judge, your RP inspires me. Thank you.

~ Barmass! "Shouldn't you be up there? It's St.Astrid's day!" Angeliana points at Kwildar and smiles: "Oh Andorra is more than covered there." Also the cookies. Dave, you are getting way better at making them, they were yummy and I loved the stern but loving look you gave a childish Angeliana who stole one mid sermon.

~ Attuning people to the focus, I do enjoy the RP there. I really had fun with Gunnar who portrayed a very good barbarian / newcommer during his attunement.

~Warden Meeting after the Nom nomy Feast. Getting to wear my Winterdark dress finally.

~ The fricken mess that was main mod... Not only is it unfair to be as empathic as Angeliana during a nightmare fest, but also Alice can't see much in the dark. I was so confused, lost, afraid, panicked... Screaming and blocking killing blows to PCs... one of which was Alicia trying to kill Atrus :angry: NO!

~ Killing Tork's littanied undead version who was wrecking people with a double power perfect casted luminescent beam. Angeliana doesn't like undead, let alone undead wrecking her friends :) Then Atrus got controlled by bugs and darkness fell. I was lying there thinking this is how I die... then I remembered I have a 40min death count. Caelvan to the rescue after about 12mins. Thanks!

~ RP with Atrus, Tari, Keavy post main mod when he just wanted to lie there until something ate or killed him. No no no no, after all the shit we went through? Nope. Hurting Atrus through healing = Shitstorm of emotions and mental breakdown for Angeliana due to backstory. Thanks...

~ Poker! Winning 3g for the bards as a tip with Papa Gypsy's 2 silver. Also, Tom you are hilarious. Seriously.

~ Talking to the Phokus before heading to bed and being mocked by Atrus relentlessly for it. :angry:

I'm sure I'm forgetting tons. Sorry. Love you KR family, see you next time! Take care until then.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
24 Apr 2015 18:10 - 24 Apr 2015 18:13 #69 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic April 2015 Highlights
My somewhat late highlights.

St. Astrid ' s Day .... not what anyone expected, huh? I am still sore from the event, that speaks more about the event than anything I can say, but I will try:

Friday: Gym Class as taught by Steve Oros via Beholder. Midnight mass when things finally quieted down a little. Caldor had a great ceremony and sermon, interrupted by a Guild master in flames. Randomness through the night.

Saturday Morning: You know I love ya, if I wake up early..without having coffee to attend your Mass. Then NPC shift... random critters and suchness. Came out as my merchant for the end of shift, as I was at my ragged end of endurance, NPCing, was that intense.

While changing back into character from NPC shift, the new shift visited the barracks in the form of ten hungry goblins. Ten Valos cookies later they waved goodbye peacefully. I am beginning to see a pattern of hungry NPCS visiting the barracks.

Bar Mass: Had fun with the questions and honored to have Malcolm help with the Andorran ones. I had cookies left over, more questions next time! My favorite moment was Malcolm as Kwilldar name dropping with, "...that was what she told me, I will ask (St. Astrid) tomorrow when I see her."

Cake Boss was amazing. Having the production crew around was not as disruptive as I was worried it may be. Very nice people!

Feast was great, Sharone put alot of time into the Mousse, and it showed!

Saturday Night:
Getting ready for main mod, chaos of main mod and it's aftermath. Tried to keep the shadows off the main group, but the bosses were another matter. Every time I engaged them, put me into crit it seemed. Distracted some of the bosses from killing blows, but that's all it seemed I could accomplish. The aftermath found me at tuning to the phocus in time to assist in bringing some of our spirits through. Later on I unfortunately had a chance to do a full Res with Cassie. She didn't make it easy for me either. ;) Found out a bit about her PC and loved the RP it provided.

Sunday: "What are those Jaxuarians doing here?" JAX mod, aka Rumble in the Jungle. Excited to be a part of that. Sorry Brandon, but we both knew what was going to happen with you playing undead. Looking forward to the RP and further developments over the month from that!

Thanks for the staff STS and NPCS involved and to James who made it possible!

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
Last edit: 24 Apr 2015 18:13 by Templar Aldric (Selrik).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH), Maralas (adamdrew3), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Maralas
  • Thank Yous: 124
27 Apr 2015 16:47 #70 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Replied by Maralas (adamdrew3) on topic April 2015 Highlights

Brother Aldric wrote: Saturday Morning: You know I love ya, if I wake up early..without having coffee to attend your Mass.

Aw, I love you, too! Thanks for being there. Next time, get coffee and show up a little late.

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

OOG: Rebecca Hines

Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Templar Aldric (Selrik)
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
11 May 2015 03:05 #71 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic April 2015 Highlights
I just remembered a sort of funny conversation and I'm not sure why

Oscar/New player Jarrett and I, along with someone else whose name sadly escapes me, discussed a particular tree that tells the exact time (OOG excuse to check their phone) (For further reference, it was the big tree by the field with the entrance to the Maze)

One of us: Do any of you know the time?
Me: I'll check that tree over there, I heard that it knows these things.
I leave and come back, sputtering curses
Me: (at the tree) What in the name of the Weave was that for? He didn't tell me a danm thing!
_______: Which one is it? I'd like to talk to it myself.
He walks there, talks with it and comes back
_______: It is 4:28

Oscar and I are quite surprised

Me: What the hell did you say to that tree?

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.611 seconds