March 2016 -- Island Realms -- Event Highlights

09 Mar 2016 20:28 #31 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic March 2016 -- Island Realms -- Event Highlights
Surprised to be able to go last minute life changes. I was so glad to see you all and stay even though our southern seas good island was damn cold.

More people taking on the Cross. Watching the growth of PCs is always a joy.

Conscription discussions and sudden changes in attitudes noticed right away.

Protection duty and being complained about... Doing the job.

Project contract reading and the games people play within the game.

Some seriously personal IG scenes I can't openly discuss. You know who you are.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Don-Clad (Door-Mat), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Coran Tanwyn (Jtomlin), Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2), Ikari Shizen (NarayanU)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
10 Mar 2016 11:04 #32 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic March 2016 -- Island Realms -- Event Highlights
My handful of good stuff... and in no order whatsoever

Friday night Spiders.... Just no.

Excellent Brazen Mass and the debut of the Travel Altar.
- related to this... the passing of the Mantle from Gideon to Duncan. Yeah, I give you grief on not making mass but I know you are Brazen to the Core. I will do my best with the new responsibility.
-also related: Inspiring the Enaxian High Priestess to up her gear and her ability to conduct Mass. Get up, Do Work.... and Do it Right. :)

Working with Grim and Kardin guarding Basecamp when the Spirits and Guard were assigned to do it- and helping each with solid advice when asked or a timely observation taken as it was meant.

Ranger Lessons... Always a pleasure to give and even better when the students get the RL skill lesson within the IC lesson.

Small Weapon lessons. That dagger is more than just a tool, people.

New bearers of the Cross and their attention to the responsibilities its bearing wears. Proud of you guys!

The Baron Protection Detail.... and wishing I was a fly on the wall for a few conversations.

Not all encounters require violence to solve. Always believed this and this month, I was rewarded in my faith in such thoughts.

Thorn Strike?!? So not my bailiwick...

Early leaving of the island? Done because of alliances and close friends. :)

Looking forward to the upcoming Fighter Practice/Potluck Cookout and April Event, though I won't be there until late.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Kardin (Ben)
15 Mar 2016 01:59 #33 by Rictor Ranthor (Rictor)
Replied by Rictor Ranthor (Rictor) on topic March 2016 -- Island Realms -- Event Highlights
My highlight for the event was simply being there. It has been a long time since I was at KR, and I enjoyed my return. So many old faces, and dear Lord, SO MANY new ones. It is a testament to the community of KR, that the player base has grown so large in recent years.

I spent most of this event just recapping with old friends, hopefully in my next event, I will meet some new ones.

Special thanks to Lord Weaveforger ,and Lord and Lady Tartaros, for a warm welcome and helping me back into the swing of things.

Sir Rictor Ranthor
Visiting Knight of Arkovnia
Prior Knight of the Barony of Travance
Prior Squire of Sir Cinder Draa'Velven
Prior Captain of the Baronial Guard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Liz (Liz), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Lake (LakeHunter)
  • Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
15 Mar 2016 09:28 #34 by Fortier (Greysect)
Replied by Fortier (Greysect) on topic March 2016 -- Island Realms -- Event Highlights
It was fun to play used car salesman and talk at people about my business. Each event brings me closer to its reality.
At one point I was bored, restless, and my magic points were burning a hole in my pocket.
I cast feather fall on some folks and we climbed the top of the Not-Guild Hall and jumped off the roof.
Stand up routine with Galain and Fenris. Feels good to make an elf laugh.

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds