Silly new to the east coast question

• Velius
  • Never walk into a fair fight when walking into an unfair fight is an option.
  • Thank Yous: 76
04 Nov 2011 13:08 #31 by Velius (Velius)
Replied by Velius (Velius) on topic Silly new to the east coast question

"I don't always NPC. But when I do, it's for years at a time."
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
04 Nov 2011 16:22 #32 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Silly new to the east coast question
d'oh.

My apologies.  Skimmel is as correct, as he his tall.  (Which is pretty correct.)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
04 Nov 2011 19:12 #33 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Silly new to the east coast question
Oh thank goodness. I thought I was going crazy. Thank you

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
07 Nov 2011 17:15 #34 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Silly new to the east coast question
I have another somewhat random question, I read somewhere in the rule book that we should bring food. I was wondering what is appropriate to bring and how much to bring. Also is there anyplace up there that has food to buy? Thanks I know random.

Storyteller
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
07 Nov 2011 17:45 #35 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Silly new to the east coast question

I have another somewhat random question, I read somewhere in the rule book that we should bring food. I was wondering what is appropriate to bring and how much to bring. Also is there anyplace up there that has food to buy? Thanks I know random.

Depending on what season you are coming to play will help decide what food.

During the winter months, if you're staying in a crowded room or area... you want easy to store food that's decent for travel.  Dried fruits, nuts (if you're not allergic), chips, & maybe some instant noodles/soups.  On Saturday night, there's a "formal" dinner that everyone is invited to so you will get a hot meal at least once during the event.  Usually on Saturday morning/afternoon, there are players who make & sell food IG.  You can speak with them about buying food off of them while in character & in game.

During the summer months, if you have a bit more space & are staying outside, in 1 of the tents... you get more space & can bring more food, but the same rules apply.  Easy to store/travel with & prepare.

There are 2 kitchens at the campsite.  1 in the main building which gets used primarily by the staff to prep drinks & food for dinner & another in the Health Cabin.  The Main Building kitchen is under the control of the Kitchen Staff.  Luis & his crew can answer all your questions about trying to gain access & using that kitchen.

The 2ndary kitchen in the Health Cabin is under the purview of the people who stay there (aka the Monastary).  Wonderful people like Goose or Charles can speak to you about that area.

If you are driving, there's a Pathmark supermarket along Route 15 you can buy food from.  There's also a Stop & Shop, a Quik Check, & a bunch of other places that have food or serve food.  Jefferson Diner, Homestead, New Orleans restaurant.  However, none of these places are quickly accessible by foot.  You must drive there.

Last, but definitely not least... most important rule about food is safety.  Please do not keep food outside in an open container or stored in areas outdoors.  During all seasons, our camp site has BEARS.  They were thought to hibernate, but lately have been active even n some winter months.  So whatever food or how much you bring, make sure it can't leak any scent or kept in areas near people.

As for how much... depends on how hungry you get.  Some folks bring a lot cause they are always snacking or have hyper-metabolisms that require a lot of food.  Some folk need to eat certain types at certain times for medical issues.  Other folks eat very little as they are too busy running around and playing.  Just be aware you will be active at various points during the weekend, the game lasts from Friday night to Sunday afternoon.  So think smart about the time duration.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
07 Nov 2011 22:27 #36 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Are there water fountains on site? Or should I bring like 10 gal my self?

Storyteller
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Nov 2011 23:14 #37 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Silly new to the east coast question

Are there water fountains on site? Or should I bring like 10 gal my self?

Depending on the season & weather, there can be times when there's no potable or palatable water.  Such news is made available before events in the Announcements section of the forums.  Most folks can  will bring their own drinks and/or water.

Vassal of Alisandria
  • Moirya
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
07 Nov 2011 23:27 #38 by Moirya (Moirya)
Replied by Moirya (Moirya) on topic Silly new to the east coast question
During the colder months, the water gets shut off to the outlaying bathhouses but there is always drinkable water in the main building and the health center building nearby. Basically, if you never plan on visiting the main building, bring a period looking water bottle of some kind and refill it. Personally, I just make it a point to make trips back to the main building since it's the inn and well, it gets too cold/hot outside.

basically, you don't need to bring your own beverages unless you cannot live without your gatorade/vitamin water/etcetc.

Prin mainile mele,
Moirya Arkanian
Squire to Sir Magnus Von-Ritter
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

OOG : Sam Dio
Logistics Marshal / New Player Marshal
12 Nov 2011 11:56 #39 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Ok so a few more questions about the camp and the way lodging works...

What do the cabins look like (bathroom? water? bunks? etc...)
Also how do you get assigned a room or do we chose whom we bunk with or how does that work?

Sorry about all the questions again, I'm just super excited and want to make sure I get/bring everything that I need.

Storyteller
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Nov 2011 23:10 #40 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)

What do the cabins look like (bathroom? water? bunks? etc...)
Also how do you get assigned a room or do we chose whom we bunk with or how does that work?

I covered a lotof this in my previous post about food.  During the winter, the tents come down, & there are 4 buildings people can sleep in (I am NOT currently counting the structured being constructed right now).

Main Building (aka Dragon's Claw Inn) - This main building is found near the main road that leads to the camp area.  It has 1 bedroom on the lower level, 4 bedrooms on the 2nd floor, & an attic that can sleep a number of people.  The rooms here are on a first come, first served basis.  Usually the bottom bedroom near the stairs is used by some folks who are doing kitchen work, but ask a Staff person if this is concrete.  All bedrooms are outfitted with bunk beds.  Some rooms have 2 sets (sleeps 4), some have more.  The main building also has 2 bathrooms.  The upstairs has 2 toilet stalls, 2 shower stalls, 1 sink.  The bottom bathroom is a single room bath with shower, toilet & sink.  The main room also has a kitchen & this serves as the main facility for cooking dinner on Saturday nights.  The kitchen is also used by the kitchen staff for breakfast service.  Speak to the Kitchen Deputy or Staff if you have questions about use.

Health Cabin (aka Monastary) - This building is located across a small field from the main building.  It has a small kitchen & a single room bath (toilet, sink, large shower).  This building has 1 large main room (which has been split into 2 smaller rooms by a partition) & 2 side rooms.  This building as a number of bunk beds (I cannot remember how many).  Beds here are also on a first come, first served basis, but since it's an IG monastary, mostly the clergy stay here.  A Staff person can help you with that.

Waterfront Cabin (aka Mage's Guild) - This building is all the way down a dirt path/road from the main building towards the lake.  This building has a number of bunk beds (4 to 5 I think?).  It's beds are on a first come, first served basis, but as with the Monastary... since it IG is a Mages Guild, mostly arcane/magical  characters stay there.  Again, talk with a Staff person about this.

Logistics (aka NPC Barn) - This massive building is where folks check in, talk with Staff, & get the NPC shifts.  This building as a room for people to sleep in.  I am unsure how many beds/bunkbeds it has & how many can sleep in there.  Again, a Staff person can help you.

During the winter time, NO ONE IS FORCED TO SLEEP OUTSIDE.  ;D  Everyone gets a bed indoors.  A Staff person will find you a spot to place your stuff if you cannot find a place yourself.  While some folks prefer to sleep near/around those they know, we have new people coming all the time, & spots will be given to them someplace.

Vassal of Alisandria
13 Nov 2011 00:25 #41 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Thanks again for all the help. I can't wait.

Storyteller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.543 seconds