stomach bug

• Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
06 Jan 2009 15:56 #61 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic stomach bug
Despite fighting as much as I could.....the plague has indeed come to Virginia.  And I am so not a happy camper.  :(

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
06 Jan 2009 16:03 #62 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic stomach bug
The more and more I read this, the more I think this is exactly how WWZ gets started.  The zombie plague virus has been sent out and is slowly spreading itself all over the east coast.  How ironic that a bunch of LARPers fighting fake-undead-npc's would bring about the end of the world.  :P

I'm fighting a 100 degree fever here at the office while trying to work.  Never before have people gone out of their wayt o avoid me and NOT bother me at the office.  I should come in sick more often.  :)

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Runt
  • Thank Yous: 0
06 Jan 2009 17:23 #63 by Runt (RaeS.)
Replied by Runt (RaeS.) on topic stomach bug
i, at the very least stopped vomitting, but still have fever spikes, and just all over icky.  Went to work today and my boss(who had lost her voice) asked me what the hell i was doing there...hopefully it'll be gone soon.

"Through the mist your lover is beckoning
Comes that moment of reckoning
Faces change, even smiles grow strange"
OOG- Rachel Sneed
  • Beansie
06 Jan 2009 18:32 #64 by Beansie (Beansie)
Replied by Beansie (Beansie) on topic stomach bug
At first I thought it was KFC that Cooper, Jarrett, Paul and I had.. I started symptoms at six thirty Monday morning same thing for Cooper. I called out of work seeing how I having only lower stomach problems first then once I hung up the phone perceded to pray to the porclin god. Soon followed was a slight fever. Talked to Cooper later to find out he went in to work only to leave alittle while later. Cooper has not been to work since and is finally keeping some food down. Found out the Jarrett was also sick. That is where I thought the KFC was to blame. Today I found out that it wasn't just us but many. I also blame none. GATORADE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Svettlanna Luminista
OOG Sabrina Bailey
  • Malin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
06 Jan 2009 18:55 #65 by Malin (Malin)
Replied by Malin (Malin) on topic stomach bug
According to my physician friend, there has been a serious 24 hour stomach virus which fits this profile that has been cycling a great portion of the east coast this season. It does strike home the point that on LARP weekends it is vital to keep yourself well hydrated and be sure to have some kind of supplimental foods (or vitamins) to help boost your immune systems.

I thankfully did not end up infected, but only because I dealt with this 3 weeks ago and oh what hell it was. You all have my sympathy. For those of you who did not get it, be sure to watch out as this is not isolated to KR and keeping a healthy immune system is the only way to really prevent this particularly nasty bug from taking your number too.

Matt V.
"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome"
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
06 Jan 2009 19:16 #66 by Aria (Aria)
I am enying you guys.  Gatorade is making me more sick then water.  I'm so dehydrated, ad no kind of liquid is staying down for very long. 

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • CC Hahn
  • Thank Yous: 5
06 Jan 2009 19:19 #67 by CC Hahn (Corteccia)
Replied by CC Hahn (Corteccia) on topic stomach bug
I got hit as well not long after getting home Sunday night. First day back to work since the holidays and I had to call out sick.

OOG: C. H.
  • Quin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Captain Cupcake
  • Thank Yous: 15
06 Jan 2009 20:09 #68 by Quin (Quin)
Replied by Quin (Quin) on topic stomach bug
I think the only reason I didn't get it is 'cause I ate like a million cupcakes on Saturday. Nobody else did that and I'm okay...

Quin K.
It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
    And it isn't enough to believe in it, one must work for it.

Emily (MM/RPM)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
06 Jan 2009 20:17 #69 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic stomach bug

I think the only reason I didn't get it is 'cause I ate like a million cupcakes on Saturday. Nobody else did that and I'm okay...

Your logic is so cute, it's perverse.  :P

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Lina Marinescu
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Only the curious have something to find
  • Thank Yous: 78
06 Jan 2009 20:20 #70 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi)
Replied by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi) on topic stomach bug
Sleep helps a lot. Dave and I went to sleep last night after battling all the symptoms and fevers and woke up this morning feeling a lot better. However, watch yourselves, because I got home and feel like poo again, not nearly as bad as last night, but not great either...

Chicken noodle soup, a half and half of water and gatorade and sleep seem to be the best remedies for me. Good luck to everyone else!

IG- Lina Marinescu
OOG- Katie M.- Lead Monster Marshal

The stalwart soul has the will to live and is eager for the race ~Taylor Caldwell

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Capt Locke
  • Thank Yous: 10
06 Jan 2009 20:45 #71 by Capt Locke (Jonathon)
Replied by Capt Locke (Jonathon) on topic stomach bug
I think this just goes to show you want can (and will) happen when you stuff 80 people into a building built for 20. It's an epidemic's best friend.

Captain Alexander Locke, Dread Pirate
The Sleaziest Sleaze of the Seven Seas

OOG: Dave Morris
The Napoleon of Gypsy Genocide
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
06 Jan 2009 21:29 #72 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic stomach bug
ok nevermind i'm not as healthy as i thought lol. I haven't been hit with it nearly as hard, but i woke up in a cold sweat this morning and my throat was killing me. i made my way to the bathroom and then it struck without warning. So far it seems that i have only had a fever, sore throat (with cough) and the stomach stuff seems to be only intestinal for now, but i keep getting this feeling like i'm so hungry that my stomach wants to eat but then i get a weird gurgly gross feeling everytime i try to keep anything down. I've been munching lots of bread and other grains to soak up some stomach acid and drinking flat ginger ale, gatorade and flavored propel water (plin water makes me sick for some reason)... but i'm just achey all over... so far it's not bad. I'm keeping my fingers crossed lol.

But on an off note i entirely blame Zach lol. I slept in the same room/bed with him friday night and although medically i know sharing a bed one night with a sick person and waking up with a full fledged cough doesn't usually ring true i just like blaming Zach lol. Again diane i'm so glad my orphaned mountain dew could help you out :-)

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
  • Brother Bear
  • Gra, Dilseacht, Cairdeas
06 Jan 2009 23:01 #73 by Brother Bear (runebound)
Replied by Brother Bear (runebound) on topic stomach bug
I too  have it !

Brother Collin McBane
Elder of clan McBane
Cleric of Gaia and preserver of life
Druid and guardian of Arawyn

IG:Josh Yoder
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
07 Jan 2009 00:49 #74 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic stomach bug
ok.....HOW did I not get this????  :-X  I work in retail, go to college, and larp.....wth....

None of you come near me lol......

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
07 Jan 2009 01:00 #75 by Cameron (Galen)
Replied by Cameron (Galen) on topic stomach bug
We're coming for you...

ZOMBIE LARPER OUTBREAK!!!  This summer, pray it's only a game....

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
  • Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
07 Jan 2009 01:13 #76 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic stomach bug
For those of you out there who have a bad fever and are dehydrated, I strongly recommend ice chips, it helps, just don't eat too much or it will pass through your system like water, but those were fantastic.  Jello was also really good, try eating only 1/2 cup at a time though.  I haven't been heinously sick in about 18 hours or so, however, eating more than a few cups worth of food brings me back, so even though you stop getting sick, it doesn't mean you're out of the woods entirely.  Hope that helps.

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
07 Jan 2009 08:36 #77 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic stomach bug
I must have had a mild case.  Quesy stomach for 10 hours, no desire to eat, slight fever alternting with chills. Drank a qt of gatorade, mixed with water.  Hot showers.  Slept for most the day with only wone visit to the god.  Ate a late light supper and except for the achy back, am completely better.  My wife is a cshool teacher and just returned from a vacation, so she naturally avoided me like, well the plague.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Gregor
  • Thank Yous: 10
07 Jan 2009 12:47 #78 by Gregor (Caleb)
Replied by Gregor (Caleb) on topic stomach bug
Hi everyone-

Sorry to hear everyone is battling a bug. ANother suggestion that may help is use Rose Hips as a tea. Rose Hips are great source of Vitamin C to help your immune systems.

You can get Rose Hips any place that sells herbs - natural stores. If you are not able to get to a natural/herb store - PM me & I can send some from our stock to help.

Get well soon all.

Stephen

Gregor Borowitz
Court Healer of Alisandria

Guild Member of the Black Orchid Merchant Company

OOG:Stephen Bukovsky
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
07 Jan 2009 13:48 #79 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic stomach bug
I had diahriahh, cold sweats, chills, and likely a nasty fever for the past couple of days.  Some immodium, water, tea, vitamin c, and lots of bed rest later, and I'm doing alright enough to think I might just pass my pre-op checkup today.

Thankfully for me, I could keep everything down, and most of the aches I just handwaved off as normal post-LARP pain, coupled with 20 lbs of armor for a weekend on top of a bad back pain.  So, here's hoping I'm still clear for the 14th!

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
07 Jan 2009 13:51 #80 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Replied by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF) on topic stomach bug
I hope everybody is starting to feel better, i must have gotten a weak strain , but nevertheless i hope you all recover quickly, just keep well hydrated. Also i know it sounds funny but just keep a clear mind set that you will get better and good things will happen, Most healing dose take place in the mind.

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
  • Quin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Captain Cupcake
07 Jan 2009 15:46 #81 by Quin (Quin)
Replied by Quin (Quin) on topic stomach bug
...nevermind, I got it. Throwing up all night and maybe a half-hour of sleep. When I got up to go to the bathroom I was so dehydrated I almost passed out.

I blame Wally.  >:(

Quin K.
It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
    And it isn't enough to believe in it, one must work for it.

Emily (MM/RPM)
07 Jan 2009 16:21 #82 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic stomach bug
Stomache seems to be better... than again, I only had breakfast today, and seeing how it's 4:20, maybe not so much... mostly aches from all those internal regurgitating muscles that I never use getting a good work out... oh and back pain from watching to much tv on an uncomfortable couch.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
07 Jan 2009 16:23 #83 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic stomach bug
Obviously bacon is not a prophylactic for this bug.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
07 Jan 2009 16:40 #84 by Aria (Aria)
I'm pretty much where you are Mike.  Thanks for the half gatorade half water idea, that saved me.  I've wanted to eat so much today but I've been taking it slow.  Looks like soup for dinner will take a walk in the rain.  :(  Hope everyone else is doing better. 

• Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
07 Jan 2009 17:10 #85 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic stomach bug
Ugh.... ugh.... brains.... ugh.... er, I mean I am doing better now.  My temp is down and so is the food and water I am ingesting.  Anything cold is no good, but warm water, tea, toast, and stuff like that is helping.  Still at work at the office and making all others sick like me is just bonus now.  That'll teach my HR department to change the sick day reset count to the middle of the year.  ;D

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
07 Jan 2009 17:13 #86 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic stomach bug
I got it too last night Been fighting it for a bit but apparently my stomach gave up >.o

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
07 Jan 2009 17:53 #87 by Halfdan Gundarsson (Eun Lee)
Replied by Halfdan Gundarsson (Eun Lee) on topic stomach bug
I guess my Iron Immune System wins out again.

I hope you all feel better soon.

Liam threw up all over his friend's house... it was bad, like the Boomer from Left 4 Dead.

OOG - Chris G.
IG - Gray Dragonil; Halfdane
  • Edward Walker
  • Let me cut to the point to get to the heart of the issue.
07 Jan 2009 18:52 #88 by Edward Walker (Liam)
Replied by Edward Walker (Liam) on topic stomach bug
Liam has alerted the horde!

Doctor Edward D. Walker

OOG:
Liam Neary
  • hecknoah
07 Jan 2009 19:17 #89 by hecknoah (hecknoah)
Replied by hecknoah (hecknoah) on topic stomach bug
I think I got it on Saturday Night, I came home early so I could work through Sunday, but instead spent the whole day being sick, along with Monday and Yesterday.  When I went to the doctor on Monday she said that a great many people had been coming in with the same bug, so maybe we were doomed no matter where we spent the weekend.

My doctor's tip for dehydration was Pedialyte - the stuff you give infants.  I spent two days drinking it, it tasted like god-awful-treakle-tinted-death, but it seemed to have kept me fairly well hydrated, and it's easy to keep down.

Noah
  • Kathara
  • Thank Yous: 1
07 Jan 2009 20:37 #90 by Kathara (Kathara)
Replied by Kathara (Kathara) on topic stomach bug
For the love of all that is holy don't spend too much time in a car if you can avoid it. I was fine for a day and then spent 3.5 hrs in a car and it brought back the plague. If anyone's still sick you may be able to keep the BRAT (bananas, applesauce, rice, and toast) down and John's ice chip idea helps keep you hydrated.
Feel better!

Kathara Spero- Gypsy Healer
OOG- Karen Schwander
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.789 seconds