Religion in Larp

02 May 2016 06:15 #61 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Religion in Larp

Lux wrote: Honestly, I feel that religious characters SHOULD put a little bit more pressure in, sometimes, though, because I came into the game as Guo Liang fully expecting having to defend his lack of faith, and was never even approached about it. Which I suppose is nice, but I'd hoped it to have at least served as a talking point. One of the myriad of reasons I tabled Liang for now.

Exactly how was your lack of faith brought as an issue to the other players? And how long did you play him? People's lack of faith can become wonderful issues of conversation and discussion, but you can't expect the religious players to magically know your character wasn't faithful or that your character was someone to even talk to about religion.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
02 May 2016 06:26 #62 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Religion in Larp
To be fair, it was only for an event, but there was ample opportunity, and it was brought up at least five or six times, without much ado. A few of those people, I know now, were even clerics and priests, but still didn't press the issue much. I think most of the burden falls on my end, however, I wasn't very comfortable in the role of Liang either. Another reason he was tabled for now!

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
02 May 2016 06:45 - 02 May 2016 06:46 #63 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Religion in Larp
If someone is interested in religious roleplay as an atheist or agnostic, often enough they will have to engage someone in a dialog first. As Clergy, we often deal with people who are not inclined towards religion ooc, and as Kat pointed out may not be comfortable being approached with that. Consent is as important in our rp as in pvp situations to avoid hard feelings.

Having said that, I will bring it up in my conversations unless you are Khitanese or Londwyn, although I like a challenge, those races tend to be non-religious and it would be impolite IC to push them. That is not to say I haven't argued theology with a Londwyn, or Khitanese, but I usually want to see receptiveness first.

Showing up to Bar Mass, indeed coming within 10 feet of Bar Mass, all bets are off, however. That is my designated time to lay a little religion on folks. It's well known enough now, that attendance implies consent, accidental or intentional.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
Last edit: 02 May 2016 06:46 by Templar Aldric (Selrik).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
02 May 2016 06:53 #64 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Religion in Larp
"B-but I just wanted some water."

Aye, some holy water!

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds