Bounty

• Chukklez
  • Flavorless text
  • Thank Yous: 13
04 Jul 2012 16:12 #1 by Chukklez (Chukklez)
Bounty was created by Chukklez (Chukklez)
There have been a number of disturbances in the recent past created by rat men. A number of farmers have had their crops taken, the food/drink Jonas keeps on hand for the feast has been pillaged, even a few people have been killed to be robbed. I am personally offering two hundred gold of my own money to see the leader of these rat men taken in to justice or if need be killed. On a side note if you happen to find my swords in the pursuit of this bounty I would greatly appreciate their return and would add another hundred gold as a sign of my appreciation. I may not be in Travance on too regular of a basis since the war is still going on and I can't afford to risk being robbed again. If you need more details regarding the rat men or would like to collect the bounty please consult the town guard. Oren should be able to find me.
Jon

"Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
IG Gregory, Jon
OOG Charles Davie
Rules Marshal
04 Jul 2012 21:53 #2 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Bounty
Sir,
The rat men have done me great harm to myself and my close friends in Travance. Next moon I will personally be conducting a hunt for these creatures to have them stop harassing the lands and our citizens.

Also I put out a call to any who would like to help me find these creatures please send me a message if you would like to help me apprehend these creatures.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
04 Jul 2012 22:15 #3 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Bounty
Would all those who originally went to help the farmer with this matter this past moon please contact me. I wish to know exactly what we're dealing with.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
04 Jul 2012 23:24 #4 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic Bounty
I heard something about these rat-men... I am curious, though: were they rat-kin, or nezumi, or giant rats, or something else? I've encountered these and other murine species before, but each new one is a curiosity.

~ Na'ar Chacov

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
05 Jul 2012 00:15 #5 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
They were the size of men and some knew of the arcane arts. Unfortunately I did not know the lore of monsters to know exactly what they were.

Storyteller
05 Jul 2012 00:49 #6 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Bounty
They also stood on two legs and used weapons, albeit poorly made ones. I have reports of one casting what was most likely warlockery, based on the description of the spell.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
05 Jul 2012 02:47 #7 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
I can say first hand that I got paralyzed by one then attacked by the smaller ones.

Storyteller
05 Jul 2012 05:39 - 05 Jul 2012 05:39 #8 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic Bounty
To those who have posted here, please send me a private missive with any information you have regarding these rat-men. Also, Anhil, I will be in Ostcliff or around the inn next moon, please seek me out before making any attempts to capture or kill these creatures. I will aid you however possible and maybe able to find others to join such cause. Thank you all in advance.

May wisdom guide you.

Wyen "Gin Yuki" Nightfrost

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
Last edit: 05 Jul 2012 05:39 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost).
05 Jul 2012 08:48 #9 by Templar Bjørn MacInnes (Bjørn MacInnes)
Replied by Templar Bjørn MacInnes (Bjørn MacInnes) on topic Bounty
To those that are taking part in this hunt, I wish you good luck. I would join you, however I will be away on church business, to return in August. The rat people have done enough harm already. Some of my close friends died and had to be brought back through the focus. I was very lucky to have survived, thanks to Oren, and the kind people of Pendarvin. In addition to taking lives, they have also taken everything we had with us. I will offer all of the gold I have if my personal possessions are found and returned.

In the light,
Brother Bjørn MacInnes

Templar Bjørn MacInnes, Zealot of the Holy Spirit
Alt: Thog
Alt: Ivan Solvei
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: Eric Cripps
05 Jul 2012 10:13 #10 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Brother Bjørn,
I will wish you well on your trip. As for the gold you are offering, for myself, if I find any of the items I do not wish to have any gold from you. I am doing this for the people of Travance and to right the wrong that has been brought to the land.

Storyteller
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
05 Jul 2012 10:53 - 05 Jul 2012 11:02 #11 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Bounty
Citizens,

I will be joining in this endeavor as a representative of the guard and for my personal involvement as well. Should anyone with tracking talents or scrying magics be willing to lend a hand, it may prove to be useful. I myself lost only two things of import...a ring belonging to a friend and a sword granted me by the barony, much to my chagrin. Should these be found, please let me know.

As for the ratmen, I believe they were somewhat advanced, and I heard one speaking somewhat like a person, I believe. They were organized and I'm told our bodies were dragged off to avoid being rescued. They were talented at splitting our forces...I apologize for not keeping us together.

To anyone that returns anything taken from Anhill, the young Kevin, or Priestess of Andorra Idylla, I offer a reward to be discussed privately. Contact me should you have such things.

We will gather at the inn next moon, time still pending, for those who wish to participate in the search.

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
Last edit: 05 Jul 2012 11:02 by Onca (Lorelai).
  • Uhtred
  • Thank Yous: 18
05 Jul 2012 11:35 #12 by Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
Replied by Uhtred (Erich Lutz) on topic Bounty
Lorelai, and any who endeavor on this mission, I am able to track and will gladly go with you to find these rat creatures and put them to the sword.

Vassal of Alisandria

OOG: Erich Lutz
  • Arza
  • Thank Yous: 10
05 Jul 2012 12:40 #13 by Arza (Calder Putnam)
Replied by Arza (Calder Putnam) on topic Bounty
Anhil, I would be glad to help track these creatures down next moon. Please find me before you go off looking.

IG Arza

OOG Calder Putnam
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
05 Jul 2012 14:40 #14 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Bounty
To Kevin, Idylla, Anhil and whoever else seems to be missing items due to these creatures;

Send me a private missive about what you have lost. I will see what I can do about replacing.

Zafrin

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
05 Jul 2012 17:51 - 05 Jul 2012 18:15 #15 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Travance,
The out pouring of people volunteering to help find these creatures has been overwhelming. I would like to thank everyone. These creatures are defiantly in trouble when the entire city decides to work together. I would like to meet with everyone in the inn at eleven bells on the day of the baronial feast. Please spread the word to anyone who would like to help.
Also if anyone has more information on theses creatures it would be greatly appreciated in planing on the best way to drive these creatures from our lands.

May you be safe till we meet again

Storyteller
Last edit: 05 Jul 2012 18:15 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13).
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
05 Jul 2012 19:39 #16 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Bounty
My experience is if one kills enough of them, others will not venture into the area.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
05 Jul 2012 20:38 - 05 Jul 2012 20:39 #17 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic Bounty
BE WARNED!

While these ratlings are often weak and easily defeated in combat they are numerous. Sir Cinder, Oakroot, myself, along with a handful of other members of town once persued them into one of their nests and they numbered in the thousands. They also horde food and let it rot inside their nests so if you venture too far in expect a physically sickening smell. These nests, if you should happen to find yourselves inside one, usually have multiple entrances. A final warning, the leaders are a great deal stronger then the hordes and can be noticed by their albino nature. (white fur and red eyes)

Jon,

If you wish, since I have experience with these creatures I'd be happy to help. Even if I find your swords, I dont want any of your gold.

In service to the people of Korymire,
Bishop Emar Dark-Root of Enax

OOG-Mark B
Last edit: 05 Jul 2012 20:39 by Clove (Mark).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), Ming Na (Ming Na)
05 Jul 2012 21:12 #18 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic Bounty
Emar, I thank you for the warnings they will now come in handy for a strategy against these creatures. Also, it would be an honor to count you amongst our numbers in the hunt for the ratlings.

May wisdom guide you.

Wyen "Gin Yuki" Nightfrost

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
05 Jul 2012 22:41 #19 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Bounty
Out of curiosity,
Has anyone tried to find out why they are attacking or what they want? Perhaps if they are as intelligent as stated they may be reasoned with.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
05 Jul 2012 22:46 #20 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Mr. Cypher,
Last time we ventured near them I tried to negotiate with the creatures, they however had other ideas and attacked us. HOWEVER I am not a Druid or Ranger. Perhaps one of that talent would have better luck. I would love for them to leave with out no harm done to others.

Storyteller
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
06 Jul 2012 06:41 #21 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic Bounty
Squire Cypher,

We have tried in the past to reason with these things, although very intelligent they have no language we can understand, if any at all. They are extremely aggressive and will not back down, even if scores of their kind are slain before their eyes. It seems their main motivation is to horde; food, armor, and weapons, almost as if they are preparing for something more then just winter.

Remember, this is all based on what I've seen while inside one of the nests, I do not know if all of them have these tendencies.

In service to the people of Korymire,
Bishop Emar Dark-Root of Enax

OOG-Mark B
  • Zathir
  • He's Zahir, I'm Zathir, our sister Ze'Everywhere, she gets around.
  • Thank Yous: 42
06 Jul 2012 15:38 #22 by Zathir (Clevatus)
Replied by Zathir (Clevatus) on topic Bounty
Squire Cypher,
If you wish to try and talk/reason with them, i would be more than happy to accompany you.

Bishop Emar,
Should you require anything at all, whether it be help preparing or me myself let me know and i will go along with you.

-Squire Zathir

Zathir Ib'n Hatim Al Nawar

-Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG-Nathaniel Galloway)
07 Jul 2012 16:47 - 07 Jul 2012 16:48 #23 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
To All who have volunteered
I previously stated that we would go looking for these creatures at 11 bells, it seems like I have gotten more then one message saying that it is too early as people will be busy or asleep till then. I would like to move our journeying to 12 bells. Just so that I can have a more accurate count on who will be joining us and have enough supplies for everyone please sign your name at the bottom of the list. I believe that if you are over 15 seasons you will not be able to accompany us as the creatures tend to flee from you. Any questions, again please contact me and I will do my best to answer them. Again your bravery and dedication to your friends in Travance warms my heart.

Storyteller
Last edit: 07 Jul 2012 16:48 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13).
  • Uhtred
  • Thank Yous: 18
07 Jul 2012 16:52 #24 by Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
Replied by Uhtred (Erich Lutz) on topic Bounty
Uhtred shadow walker (printed)
M-O-O-N (written poorly)
I will be there.

Vassal of Alisandria

OOG: Erich Lutz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onca (Lorelai), Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
  • Matthias
  • Thank Yous: 7
07 Jul 2012 17:44 #25 by Matthias (Matthias)
Replied by Matthias (Matthias) on topic Bounty
I expect to be available in the proper for the feast and am inclined to assist in this endeavor. The rule of law must be upheld.

Matthias

OOG: Nicholas B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
07 Jul 2012 19:41 #26 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Bounty
If you need further force, I will also volunteer to come along, and help where I can.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
08 Jul 2012 00:57 #27 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Bounty
Angeliana

I will not let them claim another life if I can prevent it, I will not fail you again.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
08 Jul 2012 03:12 #28 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Bounty
Anhil,

As I previously stated, I will assist you in this endeavor however possible. These rats claimed the lives of some of my friends and allies, and nearly took mine. I do not know how much assistance I can offer, but whatever I can do to help, I will.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
08 Jul 2012 12:06 #29 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Bounty
Anhil,

If you need someone who is someone who is fairly knowledgeable I'll be glad to accompany you. Please seek me out at the next baronial feast before we go so I know whether or not you will need my assistance.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Tatsuya
  • Thank Yous: 10
08 Jul 2012 18:45 #30 by Tatsuya (Darkweave)
Replied by Tatsuya (Darkweave) on topic Bounty
(Written with near perfect penmanship)
It will be my honor to stand with my friends.

Tatsuya Lazuli
龍也

OOG: David Giroux

"To be a druid is to become like Arawyn herself and to sacrifice, not just one's life, but one's very spirit to the world." -Tatsuya Lazuli
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.782 seconds