Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!

01 Apr 2015 00:51 - 01 Apr 2015 00:51 #1 by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts)
Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates! was created by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts)
I would first like to make myself known. I am Squire James DeMonteForte III of Ostcliff, and Chirurgeon of Mordavia. For those who do not know numerous individuals with varying degrees of mental illnesses have escaped into the general populace. Working in concert with the Guard of Travance a number of those individuals once recaptured will be temporarily be held in the Mordavian Hospital.

It must also be mentioned how dangerous this situation currently is. These aren't highway thugs or bloodthirsty orcs. Those who are truly insane are unpredictable, unknowable, and irrational with little to no concern over their own safety. These are people who due to their instability were locked away to protect themselves and the populace. I ask that the utmost care be taken if you come across one of these individuals for both yours and their safety.

Lastly, I ask any who have experience dealing with the mentally ill to contact me in the hopes that we will be prepared to handle the issue at hand. Others who are looking to help may contact either myself, an appropriate official of the Guard, or your local baronial representative. Any and all missives are welcome.

Squire James DeMonteforte III, Chirurgeon of Mordavia

Father Nikolai

Matthew E.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 00:51 by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
01 Apr 2015 01:23 #2 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
I will be directing guardsmen and guard adjuncts with chirugeon skills, particularly those specializing in mind-doctoring your way.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
01 Apr 2015 09:04 #3 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
Asylums are awful places.
If I notice anyone out of the ordinary, I'll help them, but I'm not letting them get cuffed and placed somewhere unless they agree.
If they're dangerous, I'll be fine.
-Ilana

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Zathir (Clevatus)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
01 Apr 2015 10:06 #4 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
From discussions with some of the staff and patients, the bulk of the inmates were not dangerous - though, if you were chained up for 15 years in an asylum, being told you're going to be held in another hospital might make you so.

I've already begun helping those patients I encountered. They need empathy, to be treated as people, and helped to integrate back into society - not more chains.

Also, they can read this.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
01 Apr 2015 10:40 - 01 Apr 2015 10:43 #5 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
Committing crime under the flag of insanity is fine now?
I look forward to watching your bad decisions be the death and misery of the people you care about.

The Asylum will be rebuilt in just a few months.
Inmates, get ready for your comfortable beds again.

All of you are idiots.

K. Vantas

_______

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 10:43 by Aleister (Aleister).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atrus (Atrus), Croínamara (Jen), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
01 Apr 2015 11:08 #6 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
The few I've interracted with so far aren't violent, I've been sending them to physicians and making sure they actually get the help they were denied for 15 years. If anyone attacks me or someone who didn't instigate agression, I'll respond in kind. As far as I know, while most aren't violent and irredeemably crazy, there are some that are.
Granted, that isn't very different than most of us, and we like to fashion ourselves "heroes".

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
01 Apr 2015 12:58 #7 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
It appears as though I will be busy.
I will be accepting patients for proper treatment then.

Signed,
Doctor Solvei.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
01 Apr 2015 13:06 #8 by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts)
Replied by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
I believe somewhere along the line I've been misinterpreted. This is most definitely not a permanent solution. With the events leading to the breakout records are going to be scarce concerning the amount of those who need treated and who have been made worse due to unsatisfactory conditions. Neither will care be denied to those who need it regardless of cost or condition. Every effort will be maintained to treat them all appropriately.

Needless to say what the Barony overall decides about the situation is up to the officials in charge. This is merely an attempt to get those help who require it and maintain safety for all involved. While I agree most are non-violent and easily re-integrated it's the exceptions that are the bigger issue at hand. This way the Guard can focus on those who do intend to cause harm instead of worrying over the distraught.

Father Nikolai

Matthew E.
01 Apr 2015 13:26 - 01 Apr 2015 13:26 #9 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
(OOG: Not Kanas)
Wotcher,
As Dr. Solvei, Dr. DuMonteforte, Dr. Maxwell, and Dr. Darkwood have said, it is imperative that we make sure that these individuals are treated as efficiently as possible so they can become effective members of society. It would not aid them in recovery by putting them in a location similar to what they were confined in previously, as relapses can be dangerous and inconvenient. Remember that we are dealing with people who lived a good portion of their life isolated from society, so it would be imperative to aid with their re-integration to normal civilian life, and should not be excluded from the opportunities that are normally provided to citizens of the proper, except for those who are of a volatile and extremely violent nature. Those individuals should be left to the discretion of the Baronial guard.

As for the idea of rebuilding such an asylum, it would only prevent us from aiding in the recovery of those afflicted. In fact, it would make the situation worse. The sheer mention of such a place being rebuilt could cause re-lapses from the previous occupants as well as violent actions, and that is something that must be avoided. Mr. Vantas, if that location was not made into an asylum and made into a botanical garden or something where it would aid in the recovery of those afflicted as well as a place for recuperation and recreation for the people of Travance, it would be much more worthwhile and profitable.

If anyone needs someone to talk to, please send me a missive.

In care and prudence,
Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 13:26 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf).
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
01 Apr 2015 13:49 #10 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Unless ordered by a noble of higher authority, these individuals are to be gathered and brought to Dr DeMontfort or Dr Maxwell for psychological evaluation and the reason for their incarceration ascertained. Individuals are generally not committed for "no reason." And escaping incarceration is most certainly a crime. These individuals could very well all be Malycites. We will work as a community and bring them back to their senses and rightful minds using the utmost compassion and a careful hand.

Ser Jack Cypher
Knight of Ostcliff

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Swyft (agentswift)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
01 Apr 2015 13:58 #11 by Narcis (ChrisR)
How long before someone tries to commit me?

-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
01 Apr 2015 14:11 #12 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
***NOT CAELVAN***

Or to add on to Ava's statement, any warrior that channels chaos. Do they not willfully become insane to wield their "powers".

-Merikh

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
01 Apr 2015 14:14 - 01 Apr 2015 14:22 #13 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Re:Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
[NOT VERRILL]
Former Residents of Stonefall,

These people are good. They do not want to hurt you. They will actually help us! They helped me! These are good people. The nobles here aren't like the monkey king. Do what the nobles tell you, they aren't like the doctors or the orderlies. They will make you better. They have helped me a great deal already. They gave me a job. I'm an accountant now.

Please, former residents and doctors help me identifying and categorizing members of our community so we can get them the help they deserve. . . The only number I can put to a name is

#490. Larry The Laugher. Like any inmate with a 4 on his wrist he is unstable and can be assumed to be dangerous. While I don't think there's much we can do for Larry, we can definitely help others get back to living happy and healthy lives.

They Can't Hurt You Anymore,

Gracious Subjects of Travance,

I am Robert, Robert Finemann, my inmate code was #321 (as tattooed on my wrist). I was institutionalized after having what was deemed a nervous breakdown in my place of work. I never hurt anyone except in the line of duty to King and country. I'm writing to you now to hopefully help everyone get home safe and happy. I'm hoping to sit down with any of the physicians above and be tested for psychological evaluation at their soonest convenience.

While most of the residents of Stonefall require mental assistance, let me say, they did not belong IN THERE. The former staff intended to murder all of their patients as they failed to control them with their "experiments". If you seek proof, you can consult the rubble that use to be a sprawling complex. Not all of us wanted to riot, but after the staff threatened to destroy the facility around us, the general population had very little choice but to escape or perish.

I'd ask subjects of the land to remember, these are people. Most don't know what they are doing. Any with a 4 on their wrist could be deemed wildly unpredictable/dangerous, and should be detained with caution.

I've spoken to several physicians at this point and I fully intend to have my mental condition thoroughly checked then, double checked. There is no telling what damage that hallucinogenic gas could have caused on the community at large. I cannot thank this community enough for its warm welcome. The Lady of Kaladonia, Lady Maxwell, and Mr. Vantas have aided in my rehabilitation more in one day, then that entire staff of lunatics did in 15 years. . . Oh also we were trapped in there for 15 years. I was meant to be there for, like, a week. . . Cursed Asylum. . .

Also don't bring candy canes around them. Some of us like them. Some of us hate them.

Thank you for your time
Bob the Apprentice

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 14:22 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby).
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
01 Apr 2015 15:18 #14 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
Ser Cypher,

As a master of phychology, I have volunteered to assist with the evaluations. There are many in this barony who can attest to my skills, and I am honestly somewhat offended that my name is not on that list.
I will be available if you require my assistance.

Signed,
Doctor Solvei.

Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
01 Apr 2015 17:01 - 01 Apr 2015 17:02 #15 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Dr Solvei

No slight was intended I assure you. It is more of a matter of time being of the essence. Please coordinate with the Chirurgeon and thank you for offering your skills.

Ser Jack Cypher

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Sky Marshal

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 17:02 by Jack (Keeperofdice).
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
01 Apr 2015 17:01 #16 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
Yes, indeed. I can attest to these cases in the way that I have made my own diagnoses of a few of these escaped patients. For my credentials, I have been trained by Dr. Lois and Dr. Tobias. This will take some time for these patients to be reinstated into society. I propose a temporary halfway house to ease their transition.

Fira Sinclair
Ambassador of Valdalis

(OOG) Teresa Amore
01 Apr 2015 17:05 #17 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
As a member of both the Guard and Church of Travance, I will do as much as is necessary to ensure the people who are now free of the Asylum are treated with respect and allowed to live in dignity. However, it must be stressed that those with illnesses of the mind that make them a danger to others or themselves will be detained and brought before the proper medical authority. Simply being odd, or strange shall not be grounds for this, and a simple Tattoo is not the full story for each person.

I ask any of the newly freed people to not be afraid, and seek assistance. I can be found tending the Royal Guard Chapel most days, or in the Guard Patrols which frequent the area. Seek the sign of the Sun, for Valos protects the innocent.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
01 Apr 2015 17:35 - 01 Apr 2015 17:35 #18 by Croínamara (Jen)
I'm surprised at how many people seem to be willing to grant asylum to these unknown escaped convicts but don't seem to fear for the wellbeing of any of our current prison inmates and guards who are basically all held hostage by Karkat sleeping in the Warden's office.

No offense, Karkat. Just telling it like it is.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 17:35 by Croínamara (Jen).
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
01 Apr 2015 17:36 #19 by Croínamara (Jen)
We have very strange standards.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
01 Apr 2015 17:40 #20 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
Which is why I am suggesting a Halfway House, in my professional advice, Ms. Uidhir

-F.S.

(OOG) Teresa Amore
01 Apr 2015 17:46 - 01 Apr 2015 17:51 #21 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
[ not verrill ]
Corporal Ull Uidhir
I've been reviewing the Travancian Law and it seems there is little room in it for even a fleeting imprisonment, save for the stocks/sculling post.

As for the guardsmen, well they at least have a choice to stay under Mr. Vantas' sleeping chambers.

Seems like a strange standard for a strange kind of town,
Temporary,-Up-For-Review,-Being-Considered-for-the-position,-Quartermaster Bob

PS: I am helping Mr. Vantis in creating such a structure Ms. Sinclair.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 17:51 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby).
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
01 Apr 2015 18:06 #22 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
[Not Amilia, written in very scratchy writing]

Aimee
Music
Forest

Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
01 Apr 2015 18:31 #23 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
My apologies for not being as concise and succinct as I should have. This is not something that is up for discussion. Please see to it all efforts are directed to Squire DeMontfort unless a noble of higher station dictates otherwise.

Ser Jack Cypher
Knight of Ostcliff

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Sky Marshal

The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
01 Apr 2015 18:52 - 01 Apr 2015 18:53 #24 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
[ Not Verrill ]
Of Course Sir Cypher,

I am visiting Dr. DeMontfort this very moment.

Thank you again for everything,
Bob the Apprentice

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 18:53 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby). Reason: OOG identity confirmation
  • Ib
  • Thank Yous: 37
01 Apr 2015 19:00 #25 by Ib (Gannon)
How is no one noticing these people coming into the Inn to post on the messaging board?

~Ib

Ib Flett
Asbjorn Vigdisson

OOC - Gannon Shanley
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
01 Apr 2015 21:14 #26 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
By my conversations with some of the former staff of the institution, and a few of the more harmless escapees, it would appear that many were Psions, and thus could affect people's minds.

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
01 Apr 2015 22:16 - 01 Apr 2015 22:16 #27 by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts)
Replied by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
I ask that all who wish to assist in this situation attend a meeting that is to be held at 11 bells the Saturday of the upcoming feast. The situation will be discussed plainly and openly. If you wish to help and can not attend I ask that you send a representative or send me a missive.

Squire James DeMonteforte III

Father Nikolai

Matthew E.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 22:16 by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts).
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
01 Apr 2015 23:06 #28 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
iz with lowis
she iz help
not goyng bak
kant reed wel yet but kan reed
iz crazy
not stupid

som inmates kill
som doktors kill
som inmates not kill
som doktors not kill
som inmates not kill but do wurs then kill
som doktors not kill but do wurs then kill
no wich iz wich

not no stori of stonefall
doktor say to help
no doktor help only help pets
hed doktors try to kill inmates to save own hids
stonefall shud stai as rubble was bad place
larry iz bad shud kill
all storis from stonefall shud be takn with gryn of salt
if u are smart shud even ? mine
rite lettrs 2 lowis 4 n sers frum me

11 343

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
02 Apr 2015 02:57 #29 by Captain Wolfgang Vayne (nickc23)
Replied by Captain Wolfgang Vayne (nickc23) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
Most intriguing.

Captain Wolfgang Vayne
Captain of The Tidesbane
Founder of Sun Seeker Merchants

OOG- Nick Cirranello
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
02 Apr 2015 08:06 #30 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Notice! Important Information Regarding Escaped Asylum Inmates!
I will help in anyway that I can.

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.751 seconds