Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain

17 Apr 2019 16:28 #1 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain was created by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Attention Heroes of Travance:

I sent a falcon to the Quartz Mountain and found Necrophitus Arcane digging it up. By day all seems normal but by night a HORDE of undead are digging up the mountain. It appears he is searching through old ruins for something, an artifact or object of power likely. My falcon was Slain by an archer before I could find anything more out but he is upturning the Academy Grounds. We either need to make a move on him or prepare ourselves for the worst.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
17 Apr 2019 16:34 #2 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Oh no! I will help if I can!

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
17 Apr 2019 17:45 #3 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Anything that is needed to stop him, consider it done.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
17 Apr 2019 18:40 #4 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
HAY NAYBOR

QUIK QESTIN! DNT YAL KILL HIM? HE LICH HISELF BACK OR SOMTHIN?

YER NAYBOR,
TOM BELL
RATCATCHER

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
17 Apr 2019 18:41 - 17 Apr 2019 18:42 #5 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
I have the ritual to destroy an eidolich safe in my possession. I will need assistance in researching it, as it is complex. Any who wish to assist, we should meet this upcoming feast to find out how to stop him once and for all.

Tom- we destroyed his powerful form, but he is not dead, only weakened. Further research must be done to find how exactly to destroy an eidolich

In service to the Weave,

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
Last edit: 17 Apr 2019 18:42 by Cara Easton (Raeelle).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
17 Apr 2019 19:04 #6 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Cara, I may not be able to be present, but I will do anything I can to help.

He will be stopped.

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
17 Apr 2019 19:45 #7 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
My friend, anything you need just ask. Cara, while my scholarly abilities aren’t as sharp as they once were, I am happy to assist.

Taylor Meise
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
17 Apr 2019 19:50 #8 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
I am available, able and dedicated to wiping someone who wronged me such off the face of Arawyn.

Consider my mind body and soul up to use. No one touches my power but me.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
17 Apr 2019 20:01 #9 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Cara,

If assistance is what you ask, you have it. Say the word.

~Nalick DeMarche

17 Apr 2019 20:07 #10 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Just tell me what needs to be done. I will tear him limb from limb. Cara, consider me at your disposal for research purposes on this.

Khala Stormbringer (The eye of Malyc is drawn beneath her signature)

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
  • Django
  • Thank Yous: 47
17 Apr 2019 21:38 #11 by Django (Topgunwov)
Replied by Django (Topgunwov) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
I recall talking to someone about this exact topic, that we seem to be lacking in proper way of A. permanently ending the threat our past enemies pose or B. at least keeping proper tabs on the ones we do see slither back to their dark abodes. I am glad our mutual friend here was keen enough to have a falcon examining the area, quite the spot of luck. We really should do something, put some system in place or something to that effect to handle situations like this better before they arise, Gods know how long he's been at this (or do they? I feel like they wouldn't know or they'd've done something by now.)

Anyway, rambling aside, I'd be more than happy to assist in stopping whatever mad plan the Lich has, or at the very least claiming what he is after before he gets to.

Let me know what help I can offer!

Commodore Django, the Sunseeker
Kormyrian Navy, Captain of the K.S.S. Ironscale
Rooster of the Winged Victory
Vassal to Kaladonia

OOG: Evan Wovsaniker
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
17 Apr 2019 21:46 #12 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
I promised Uncle Nurry I'd help finish Necrophitus. You have my assistance.

-Robert Morgan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
17 Apr 2019 22:00 #13 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Django,

We've known Necrophitus has been there for some time now. I sincerely do not remember who mentioned it but I believe it was one of the spirit's Champions.

If I recall correctly, we needed to determine the 'where and what' was going on exactly (while we may have been gleaned a direction to the Quartz Mountain, I believe only one towns member has been there since the time of that vision.

However, I completely agree. We have a lot of trouble checking on old threats because of how many new threats are completely bombarding us. I believe the Torrent Company may be a helpful asset in the future.

-Dame Ilana Darkwood

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Django
17 Apr 2019 22:10 #14 by Django (Topgunwov)
Replied by Django (Topgunwov) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Agreed, Ilana. As I recall Fallow is still lurking about somewhere, Eden is in a cabin in a wood god knows where (luckily being watched by her Father, which is either a good or bad thing depending on who you ask), and now Necrophitus doing whatever this is has definitely cemented in my mind a need for a checking system on threats to Travance. I'd been contemplating doing this for a while, I'll have to put my plan to action.

Vassal to Kaladonia

17 Apr 2019 22:39 #15 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
I have some ideas on how we can potentially work on weakening him further. That aside any and all assistance is requested and accepted. Please bring any ideas or questions you may have next feast so that any that are good at researching can work on coming up with a solution. We need to work fast to stop him.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Django (Topgunwov)
17 Apr 2019 22:48 #16 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Replied by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
It's perhaps difficult to decide what the best action is concerning this situation without the necessary information. If anyone would like to meet with me to speak of Necrophitus and all things necessary please send me a missive. Also, please feel free to post things concerning Necrophitus that everyone should know.

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
17 Apr 2019 22:59 - 17 Apr 2019 23:00 #17 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
For those who were not around last year when we faced off with Necrophitus, he is the creator of Black Sorcery, the inventor of necromancy, the head of the Arcane Sons, and the most powerful Lich Arawyn has faced to date. He had the power to corrupt the Gods, performed rituals powerful enough to strip even the most heroic of their abilities and cut us off from the Weave.

He attempted to perform a ritual to become even more powerful than the Anastazi, which thankfully, through the sacrifice of several of our towns members, was foiled. We did not kill him, but he was stripped of much of his power and he fled.

Marshal
Card Staff
Last edit: 17 Apr 2019 23:00 by Cara Easton (Raeelle).
17 Apr 2019 23:00 #18 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
MS EASTON

IF THERS ANYTHN I CAN DO TO HELP YE STOP THIS FELA YE LET ME KNOW.

FOLOW UP QUSTIN : HAV WE TRID ROCKS?

YER NAYBOR,
TOM BELL
RATCATCHER

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
17 Apr 2019 23:05 #19 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Tom-

when he was in his Eidolich form, he was near impervious to any physical or metaphysical attacks. In his new, weakened state it is possible that rocks would work on him. I will gladly accept any assistance, whether by sword, spell, or rocks, in stopping him and would be honored to accept your aid.

In service,

Marshal
Card Staff
  • Django
17 Apr 2019 23:22 #20 by Django (Topgunwov)
If it garners the interest of a former Eidolich and the Founder of Necromancy, I'd be delighted to lay claim to whatever he is after before he does. I don't mean to repeat myself on that fact, But if we could have two groups, one to acquire his target and one to stop him and his undead, I'd be thrilled. Such an object must indeed be powerful, especially if it lays in the ruins of such a place as Quartz Mountain. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this subject.

Vassal to Kaladonia

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Apr 2019 00:30 #21 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Priorities, Sunseeker. We deal with him, then you are free of distractions for your excavations.

~Nalick

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
18 Apr 2019 00:49 #22 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Django.

Eden is no longer a threat.

Leave her be.

As for Necrophitus, let us finish what we have started and make him sleep on the red snow.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
18 Apr 2019 01:48 #23 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
If there is anything I can do between these feasts to remove that stain from the face of Arawyn, find me immediately. I'm rather unwilling to risk my life against him twice, but to aid us in any other way I will spare no expense.

And somebody find out how his undead are made. If he uses the older necromancy again, I don't care if I risk my life; each and every body, bone and limb he reanimates will be destroyed. If my magicks don't work, I'll use a sword. If my sword doesn't work, I'll use a rock. If that rock is too loud and his undying minions notice my efforts, I'll cover the rock with a sock.

Forgive me, my entirely literal metaphor was quite absurd. I hope my point is less so.

-Terzak

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
  • Django
18 Apr 2019 02:11 #24 by Django (Topgunwov)
Grim, mi amigo,

I mean no offense, I know she is harmless as she is now, though one with her potential should still have an eye kept on her, if only for her own safety, but I digress.
I simply used Eden as an example since she is one of our more recent threats. I'm sure we have enemies lurking out there in the world from a time before I even arrived in this town.
I am currently writing up a rough draft of some thoughts on keeping our previous foes watched, but for now let us focus on the task at hand.
Regarding Necrophitus, What is our best course of action here? Do we simply charge at him in the daylight and catch him when his hoardes cannot help him? Interrogate him? Crush him til he is paste before he has a chance to enact anything dire? I enjoy Terzak's plan to find out the source of his current calcium-centric chums, what else can we do?

Vassal to Kaladonia

• Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
18 Apr 2019 05:57 #25 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Honestly, Django, I would say that the first thing we need to do is keep an eye on him when we can. I'm not condoning the mass killing of wildlife to do so, but we can't (well... shouldn't?) just charge in. We should also try to work towards figuring out what he might be trying to find- Mantel would be of great help in that, I would think since they lived in that place. Forewarned is forearmed and something that can corrupt a God (even if, at that time, he possessed an item of great power that no doubt aided immensely in that) is something I would think we would want all the information we can get our hands on. I would be willingly to try to find a way to spy on him- perhaps using familiars? Though that is magic, isn't it?- seeing as that is more to my frame of mind.

-Allyce

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Apr 2019 13:57 - 18 Apr 2019 20:08 #26 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
We will bring the war to him. Surely whatever he is after buried deep in that mountain will turn the tide of this war, but if it falls into his hands, we will need more than nearby battalions.

~Nalick DeMarche

Last edit: 18 Apr 2019 20:08 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Words will always be stronger than any weapon or spell.
  • Thank Yous: 73
18 Apr 2019 14:25 #27 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Replied by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
I'll help in any way that I can, for Nurremaralias and for those who have fallen to the Arcane Sons.

[img

[OOG: Rae Gisinger/Metsuda (They/Them)]
    • Ebony Hale
    • Go ahead, underestimate me. You will not be the first and you will not be the last... But you will be wrong.
    • Thank Yous: 60
    18 Apr 2019 17:23 #28 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
    Replied by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
    Cara, let me know what I can do to help.

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
    Knight of Cups of Albriar
    Dean of Shamanism at Darkwood Academy
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
    • Thank Yous: 154
    19 Apr 2019 03:21 #29 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
    Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
    Alright, I've thought it over, I've cooled my head and I have a suggestion.

If the intent is to plan, I believe it would be fit to have more information.

Exactly how far is the Mountain from here? I've already done a bit of packing, and provided I can actually reach the place, I believe I may be able to get a bit of a closer look.

By my hand,
    Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
    • Cara Easton
    • Banned
    • Banned
    19 Apr 2019 08:31 #30 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
    The mountain is on the northernmost point of Arawyn, where going any further would cause you to begin going south.

Marshal
    Card Staff
    Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
    Time to create page: 0.803 seconds