Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain

• Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
19 Apr 2019 13:58 #31 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Thank you Cara! I hoped it would be closer, but alas.

I'm going to grab a compass, grab some coin, and start walking north until I find the northernmost civilized point in all of Palymidia and a boat that can get me the rest of the way.

-Terzak

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
20 Apr 2019 06:41 #32 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Nesterin,
Despite this blasted war and the energy drain on our resources, it seems necessary to keep vigilant in many directions. Thank you for keeping an eye on the area known to be of interest to our enemy. That was wise of you to do so. Also, I am sorry for the loss of your falcon.

Cara,
I would be glad to offer help in any research that is necessary to bring down our enemy. The libraries of the Church of Light cannot match those of the followers of Chronicler, but they are still a formidable source and might render some useful information from our own perspective. Some of the Galladelian sources regarding battling undead might be particularly promising.

Yours in the Light,

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
21 Apr 2019 20:56 - 18 Dec 2019 13:17 #33 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Cara,
Please let me know how I can best help against this threat. I am at your disposal.
~Amalthea

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2019 13:17 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea).
29 Apr 2019 19:03 #34 by Evelyn Hawkes (krishickey)
Replied by Evelyn Hawkes (krishickey) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
I had not made my way into this miserable, lovable little hole of Travance to witness Necrophitus defiling the gods. However, talking skeletons have not done me any good in the past and fail to imagine they would now. I would love to rattle some bones. Cara, Ser Nesterin, I will raise my sword for you. Find me when you will need it.

While I am no Chronicler, I have lots of experience leafing through tomes. If you need some extra researchers, I can provide some assistance at the scholar's table. Could provide even more assistance if we need people to dive into some dank, dilapidated libraries, no doubt infested with probable undead or what have you, to recover said tomes.

- Dr. E. Hawkes
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
02 Aug 2019 12:14 #35 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Has anyone found anything new?

Taylor Meise
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
02 Aug 2019 22:37 - 02 Aug 2019 22:38 #36 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
When I queried Master Algrave, who worked with him at the Academy, about what Necrophitus might be searching for, he did not know for certain. And so, I have nothing new to share, but we know who not to ask. Yet we can assume such an undertaking may advance the power of someone already a fugitive of justice.

If Admiral Piper desires supernatural abilities on par with Enzarond, it would behoove us to take whate'er lies beneath the rubble at the Academy. Vanquish Necrophitus once and for all and reinvigorate our forces in this war.

When do we begin?

~Nalick

Last edit: 02 Aug 2019 22:38 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
03 Aug 2019 16:12 #37 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
The trip to the quartz mountains is a three month journey minimum. THat was how long it took my falcon to get there, at least. So, in order to get any more information on whatever is going on means whoever is going needs to leave their responsibilities in the proper for a lengthy time. With the war on our doorstep and the myriad of other denizens of death arriving more and more frequently I don't know if we can really afford that.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Aug 2019 23:36 #38 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
We are stuck between a pile of rocks and a hard place because we cannot afford not to make that journey. Nesterin, I understand your concern and yes, we will have to make a difficult decision. But three more moons unperturbed in his search for more power is a decision I will not abide by. Not after all he has done.

--Nalick DeMarche

• Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
04 Aug 2019 00:46 - 04 Aug 2019 00:48 #39 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
I really hate to say this but I feel like it must be stated.

This journey would be long and arduous yes. It will also be dangerous. Who here can go alone? Realistically? Can we spare anyone to go in a big enough group to matter? Not really. We have the Maw, we have the War, we have the All Fathers, we have the whatever-it-is that can also end the world in the inverted tower thats apparently breaking out, and we have the honestly normal attacks we suffer from on a regular basis from enemies from literally everywhere. If we can get information from afar, that might be the best and safest option right now. Is it possible to ask the Gods to look into this? After all, we aided them just like they aided us. Necrophitis has to be still on their list of things to deal with.

Just my thoughts.

-Allyce

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 00:48 by Liz (Liz).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Aug 2019 01:06 #40 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Considering one of the Gods personally shielded a blow to the rest of the Pantheon, we should reasonably assume that They have, in fact, looked into the matter.

What else can we send there that would go unseen or un-minded?

~Nalick

• Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
04 Aug 2019 01:36 #41 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
They may have looked into the matter but has anyone actually asked them anything about it recently? The best thing we might be able to send might be golems? Or something that if we lose it, it wont completely come back to haunt us?

-Allyce

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
04 Aug 2019 09:48 - 04 Aug 2019 09:48 #42 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
The war is under control as our soldiers continue to fight. The creature held by the Inverted Tower will not be escape lest someone from the outside have the key and open the door, so that is also not a immediate concern. The Maw, yes, is an important issue, as are the Allfathers, and both of those are the pressing issues that need dealt with.

Likely the most information will be gathered by someone who ventured that long trip on their own, but have the options of divination, researching past patterns (now that there is a basis to look for), and other means of profiling been suggested yet?
Perhaps it would be worth those ventures first?

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 09:48 by Aleister (Aleister).
04 Aug 2019 19:17 - 05 Aug 2019 02:11 #43 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
I will go alone. I have already seen what he is doing and I know where to find him, relatively. Aleister, I will speak to you next feast and gather what provisions I need and will set off the day after feast.

Additionally, other than giving the resources at my disposal to the first person who asks for them, I have virtually no personal stake in this war- for lack of a better way to word it. I move no units, I know virtually no large scale strategy. So myself volunteering to do this is not only because I feel the need to do it, but I will also provide the smallest impact in the war at our doorstep.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin

Player Rep
Last edit: 05 Aug 2019 02:11 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Aug 2019 15:13 #44 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Divination had crossed my mind, Lord Admiral, yet the last time it was attempted, Necrophitus took full and repulsive advantage of it. As such, I decided not to make that suggestion. Perhaps during his weakened state, we may make another run of it.

~Nalick

05 Aug 2019 19:42 #45 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
That is why I also did not suggest using magicks against him. Though he may be weakened we do not know what power he still holds. That is why I will be going.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin

Player Rep
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
06 Aug 2019 10:58 #46 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
I've removed the unnecessary.
Let's keep this on topic.
See Nesterin, we can talk in person or otherwise before you make your decision to leave or not.

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
06 Aug 2019 11:04 #47 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
AW DANG,
I WAS REEDIN THAT TAH PRACTIS MY LETTERS AN COORTLY WORDS,

TOM BELL
RATCATCHER

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
06 Aug 2019 14:10 #48 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
I wish to formally apologize Ser Oacenth Nesterin, My outburst was unbecoming. I shall strive to do better.

The offer for a traveling companion still stands, if you are able to wait the additional month.

Since the original posting was removed with the rest, I will restate this. I've heard druids refer to something called a Malorne tree being a method of quickly traveling. Perhaps that could help?

-Lucky

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
06 Aug 2019 19:35 #49 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Unfortunately the knowledge to travel that way has been lost to us. We need the appropriate trees song to travel that way.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
06 Aug 2019 20:00 #50 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Well, I just happen to be an expert on making things work, that really, really shouldn't. Now I want to see if I can make it work. What could possibly go wrong?

-Lucky

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
10 Aug 2019 14:26 #51 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Alester,
A correction for you, we understand you adore coast haven, but you are no longer the admiral. You yourself changed those titles, to a knight or something? Which is also out of Travance, so where do you get off tearing down a lucky elves scribbles? Wouldn't that make you a visiting noble? We're just questioning your actual authority here? If Angelica tore down the note we understand to a degree, are you doing so under their interests?
Never the less, your signature is inaccurate and implies titles you no longer own. As someone you called a criminal in public, who should know the laws well, we would say that's illegal yes?

Lucky,
The Dirt Knight, whom we call this out of plangency. You don't need to apologize to him, have some gall. There are many of yours who are dying if they where ours we would be up in arms as well. You have here a knight defending a knight, we think, as stated above. You took the time to make a stand on your concerns, don't be so belittled as to tuck tail and run. If they were really staying on topic they would leave the war out of this discussion.

To stay on topic,
We had a pice of the mountain a while back that we gave to Mantel to research. They never returned it. Seeking it out from them, and you may be able to use it in this scrying ritual that is being attempted this coming feast. In addition, if the distance is an issue for us it is for them as well. Be wary of how you seek to remedy this, as to not give them means to overcome it as well.

What are the Arcane Sons up too about now?

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
10 Aug 2019 16:37 #52 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Since it keeps getting brought up, let me make a clarification on my poor wording in a previous post. I have no mind for grand strategy so my resources and time go to people who can use it effectively. People tell me what needs doing and I get it done. I was a part of the Gate team this past feast to get our legion into the fight, it is not that I am refusing to get involved, I simply don't have the mind for it without instruction/guidance.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin

Player Rep
10 Aug 2019 16:56 #53 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Necrophitus is Defiling the Quartz Mountain
Oh Nesterin,
We don't think anyone is truly on you for that, our response is a commentary of responses. We're not judging you there, we could give less of a care for those who is dying for they are dead. Again, you're fine, no one cares.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
10 Aug 2019 19:54 - 10 Aug 2019 19:55 #54 by Aleister (Aleister)
Moostrov,

I'll be short about my answers because there are just genuinely more important things to be done than entertain your derailments. But your raise good misconceptions that need clarifying.

As I have not stepped down from the position of Lord Admiral of the Navy, I am in fact, still the Lord Admiral of the Navy. Owen is declared to take the position when I have stepped down.

I removed Lucky's posting and the subsequent replies because as one of the Scribes, he has a specific set of guidelines he must follow, and in a heated lapse in judgement, he disregarded one of those, which is to never demean someone for their level of involvement in navigating the War Map. So yes, it is within my right to remove those posts.

I apologize to everyone else for wasting more space in this discussion.

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 10 Aug 2019 19:55 by Aleister (Aleister).
10 Aug 2019 20:19 #55 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Oh ew was that what you were doing last feast with that snob? Guess it doesn't matter since it's not like you to give up any position like that, and immortal for some forsaken reason. Aleister the boat lord double knight champion of dirt & the weave, lovely tittle.... anyway carry on then.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus (hippy g0th), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Seth (Kurteth), Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.734 seconds