Rules Update: Two-Handed Weapons, and skills that benefit them (+ List Updates)

• Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
01 Apr 2010 10:25 #31 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)

I like the Changed I'm more inclined to learn how to use a staff now.  Other then making it float around  ;D

From what I've read, the only change to Staff is it cannot be Disarmed by the disarm skill if wielded in 2 hands.  Did I miss something in my reading.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Raxas
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 14
01 Apr 2010 10:42 #32 by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar)
the whole disarm is the reason why haha  :P

OOG: Randy Werd
Marshal
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
01 Apr 2010 11:24 #33 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
While it does seem nice 2 handed weapons get this boost, the Disarm thing is ok.  I haven't seen many people or monsters with tons of disarms getting the 2h players. That could be just me.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
02 Apr 2010 21:55 #34 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
I get disarms called on me all the time cause of my reach, I can vouch for that rules usefulness

[hr]
-Tim P
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
02 Apr 2010 22:02 #35 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)

While it does seem nice 2 handed weapons get this boost, the Disarm thing is ok.  I haven't seen many people or monsters with tons of disarms getting the 2h players. That could be just me.

And now you can bet there will be waves of disarms next event ;)

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
  • Thank Yous: 0
03 Apr 2010 02:04 #36 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic Rules Update: Two-Handed Weapons, and skills that benefit them (+ List Updates)
i can say that last event there were a bunch of disarms and master disarms called on the lower level version of main mod. :-)

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
03 Apr 2010 17:13 #37 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
UPDATE: Pre-Reqs for skills on several strength-based lists have been modified, as follows.  These new requirements completely replace the old ones.  They will be added to the Online Rulebook momentarily.

Warrior AND Dragoon:
- Critical Attack: None

Dragoon:
- Puncture Armor: Strength +1
- Cleave: Strength +1
- Trip: Strength +1
- Resilience: Strength +1, 5th Level
- Spirit of the Dragon: WP +2 or Strength +1, Lore: Dragon, 7th Level

Warrior:
- Stunning Blow: Strength +1
- Break Limb: Strength +1
- Incap: WP +2 or Strength +1, Critical Attack, 5th Level

Chaos Warrior

Beserker
Remove all: 2H Weapon or Pole Arm Pre-Req
- Beserker Rage: Strength +1, 7th Level
- Resilience: Strength +1, 5th Level

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
03 Apr 2010 17:30 #38 by Chris G. (Cross)
Fantastic!  When I first started I could have sworn SotD had a level requirement, I guess I was wrong until now.

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
04 Apr 2010 12:27 #39 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic Rules Update: Two-Handed Weapons, and skills that benefit them (+ List Updates)
Nice.... now it's only a matter of time until I can berserker rage.... just got to wait until level 7.

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
04 Apr 2010 12:35 #40 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Nyuuuuuu!!!!

And here I was finally about to get my Spirit this event  :'(  oh well.  I more level to go...

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

04 Apr 2010 15:07 #41 by Ashling MacKreagor (Ashling MacKreagor)
Replied by Ashling MacKreagor (Ashling MacKreagor) on topic Rules Update: Two-Handed Weapons, and skills that benefit them (+ List Updates)
Man intense rang of emotions over the course of reading this thread.  I'd like to first entertain you all with the image of me sitting in my parents livingroom on easter with my parents and extended family, wearing my church clothes, reading the first set of new rules and litteraly rasing my hands in the air and chearing "oh my god I'm now awesome!"  I started to explain and then trailed off with the typical "um, yeah, don't worry about it" often used with my family in regards to gaming.

Anyway...first question:  so I just bought spirit but I'm only 5th (maybe 6th?) level, so do i just get that build back?  :'( so close!

second question:  For the re-write can I use a combo of build and cashing in of old skills, for example if i drop a weapon prof for 10 can I just add 5new build to get strength+1 for 15, and can I wait a few games to do it as long as its still in the 3 month period?
Thanks

Go big or go home

ooc:  Terri DePrima
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
04 Apr 2010 17:43 #42 by Odo Garaath (Odo)

Nice.... now it's only a matter of time until I can berserker rage.... just got to wait until level 7.

In case of emergency, berserker rage

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
04 Apr 2010 20:42 #43 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic Rules Update: Two-Handed Weapons, and skills that benefit them (+ List Updat

In case of emergency, berserker rage

actually in any case it's always good to have a berserker in your back pocket, or in your wallet, never leave your cabin without one! ;)

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
04 Apr 2010 20:42 #44 by Wou Tou Shen (Wou Tou Shen)

second question:  For the re-write can I use a combo of build and cashing in of old skills, for example if i drop a weapon prof for 10 can I just add 5new build to get strength+1 for 15, and can I wait a few games to do it as long as its still in the 3 month period?
Thanks

if for example you mean that you have 5 build unspent, and you decide to drop a WP and use that total build to get a strength + 1. then yes that you can do.

Wou-Tou Shen

Be one in mind and body.

I am the stone that stands firm atop the largest mountain in Pendarvin, the strongest winds, nor the harshest rains will not move me.
(oog derrick)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
04 Apr 2010 21:47 #45 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
When you retrain, you do NOT learn new skills - you just free up Build invested in old ones.  So in this case, you could drop a Prof, get 10 build back, and then you would need to learn Strength +1 the normal way, with 5 additional build.

The complete retraining rules are at:

www.knightrealms.com/component/content/a...-your-character.html

Given that Spirit is 10 build, and you're not 7th yet, it would probably make sense to take the 10 from Spirit, put it towards Strength, and then save up for Spirit at 7th.  That would be in the spirit of the rules (no pun intended), and wouldn't involve you blowing your Retrain use, which you might want to save for later.  As always, Sam & James have final say in matters with cards.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
04 Apr 2010 22:57 #46 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Actually, Geoff and Derrick, I don't believe thats how this kind of situation works, in either case.

In the past, whenever a list has been changed rules wise, it doesn't work the same way as your once ever retraining opportunity works.  One can change around any build spent in that list that was changed in order to comply with the new prereqs or skills.  One could not, however, use unspent build in this sort of retrain.  So, in this case when these particular lists have been completely overhauled, it is usually the case that the player is allowed to respend build already put into the changed list - but only within that particular list. 

For instance:  I have several stunning blows and a few weapon profs off Warrior.  In order to comply with these new rulings, I could drop a weapon prof (10) and a stunning blow (5) that I already have, and exchange it for a Strength (15), since that is now on the warrior list and necessary for a number of the skills already on my card.  What I could not do, however, is move around build that I'd previously spent on Druid spells, or use unspent build I have lying around to buy the Strength outright without a teacher.  I could also decide I don't want my Stunning Blows anymore due to the rules change, and drop them all to just get the build back.

That sounds overly complicated - Hopefully Sam will chime in tomorrow and clarify - or correct me if my take on the situation is incorrect.  Basically, the next couple events will have logistics crowded as he attempts to work with all these re-writes and the confusion it will ensue, as often it is a case by case issue.  So please be kind and patient. :)

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
05 Apr 2010 07:23 #47 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Kristen is correct. When a list receives a fundamental change that alters a bunch of pre-reqs such as the rogue re-write from years ago I allow full respends of those lists (within reason).

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
05 Apr 2010 10:06 #48 by Wou Tou Shen (Wou Tou Shen)
thank you kristen and sam for clairifing.

Wou-Tou Shen

Be one in mind and body.

I am the stone that stands firm atop the largest mountain in Pendarvin, the strongest winds, nor the harshest rains will not move me.
(oog derrick)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.716 seconds