Rules Update: Master Warrior

• Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
23 Jan 2012 18:19 #91 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Rules Update: Master Warrior

Draknar DoKanen wrote:

So I guess my question is, will there be an alternative tier 3, or another way to satisfy the pre-req.

No.  All of the tier 3 skills are weapon specific.  This was done intentionally to encourage people to use the corresponding weapon styles for the trees - 2HE for power, sword and board for defense, and master florentine for finesse.  So yes, if you're dead-set on using master florentine, you can still get Slay, but you're gonna have to pick up a 2HE (or brawlers) if you want to use Devastating Strike.

Yes, you can re-spend the build you have invested in Master Warrior without re-learning everything.

Sean

Now, what about a polearm? Or is that getting tossed in with the 2h weapon deal?
But then again, the staff and polearm are both in the same size category (which is the one larger than 2h weapons) and as the devistating strike is worded, it is any weapon that is 2h or larger, or claws / fists.
Is this intended, or is the wording going to be changed?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
23 Jan 2012 18:21 #92 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Rules Update: Master Warrior
Oh, never mind. I mis-read it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.430 seconds