Feb 28 favorite moments

• Secarius
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Cinis et Cinis Pulvis Et Pulvis
  • Thank Yous: 1
01 Mar 2009 19:08 #1 by Secarius (Secarius)
Feb 28 favorite moments was created by Secarius (Secarius)
friday night: learning a bunch of stuff, and getting some really fun rp in.

saturday morning: pancakes... what more can be said... oh wait this -farmer jason- "wheres the guy named "the jackhammer?!?" -cale- "right there" "-farmer jason- "YOU STOLE MY WIFE!"

saturday market faire: "best pork chop ever!"

saturday afternoon: playing bean back hackey-sack while sitting down with Lord Antrim, Mother Quin, and several others and laughing hysterically

saturday afternoon mod: getting cruxified to a tree with mine own entrails and sword as the rope and nails by a demon knight

feast: food; PHENOMENAL ... Father Osred's song; HYSTERICAL

saturday night: pre-battle: hurry up and wait/poetry & songs with the dreamchylde family. also, Bromius Dreamchylde telling the story of the ogre king and  the incredible ogre killing kick

saturday night battle by tavern: being body blocked and doing a 3/4 back flip to land on my face/chest (this and similar was done repeatedly). being crippled, ignoring the pain to claw my way back to the battle to throw Mother Quin away as she was receiving a killing blow.
running out of tag skills and being left with only my faith points and strength to be a field medic

saturday night battle by the monastery: drow whatever yall were hitting me with speed cast, perfect aim, double power tsunami's.. thus getting knocked behind the enemy lines only to receive a killing blow by Alex Turqman's drow.. him walking away then coming right back only to ask if that was a galladite ring i had on my chest, and then having my soul severed... those hurt...

saturday night post main-mod: wandering around as a spirit to roleplay as a disembodied spirit.. to surprising effect and result. also.. a very good rp session with Mother Quin as she rezzed me.

sunday morning: a Mod battle where Malicytes were fighting Glommites over ONE sacrifice... only to have to town come and interrupt.

all in all... an exceptionally good event. kudos to weekend plot. and kudos to all of the NPC's on main mod... it would... COULD NOT have been nearly as much fun or enjoyable were it not for all of you putting forth such an exemplery effort. thank you all!

ALex S.
player of Brax the Barbarian
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
01 Mar 2009 19:23 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Here, here!  Awesome job by our ST and NPC crews!

Good times at the forge, as usual.

"Gideon, I need a new X / X repaired."  "Did the entire town just lose all their weapons in a fight?"  "Yes!"

Dinner!  PURE AWESOME.  Thank you, Liz!

Some quiet RP with Mixolydia.

Being 3 seconds from taking a res from MattWhite.  Thank you, Father Paul!

New students!

Old friends!  Vaden - holy cow, welcome back!

Playing Heiwa for a bit.

The Gideon Armor Box - Thank you, Tom!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
01 Mar 2009 19:41 #3 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Best event in recent memory.

A+ Hobgoblining, would Hobgoblin again.
There were several moments in that main battle where the Town almost crushed us, but we kept managing to regroup.

Learning some of the secrets of the universe... certainly puts things in perspective.

A++ Feast, would poison salad again.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
01 Mar 2009 19:47 #4 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
First, many thanks to Tom Sanger for the car service to and from event.  Much obliged.  Second... great food at the feast.  Third, my 2nd death was a glorious one and it's nice to know that I took a blast with all the big boys & girls on the line, facing the Bosses.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
01 Mar 2009 20:28 - 01 Mar 2009 22:23 #5 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
-Dating Advice+Gypsies/Satyrs= Ilana needs more normal female friends
(<3!!)
---
-Ilana+Evil Wild Mages= Dead Evil Wild Mages.
-Less people hate Ilana now, life is good.
-Germaine made Ilana cry ;-;
-Charity+Extra Fire Drake Scales= Fire Drake Armor for Sorrel ^___^
-Wondering what Wally was doing on the field at main mod and then suddenly realizing he was not a friendly person, and then that he was the Mod Boss when he's hitting me with 150 damage in less then 2 seconds >.o
-Almost dying underneath a porch with Magnus as a result of such confusion
-Wondering what the hell went wrong and just falling asleep, not really caring if something did come in the middle of the night and killed me at that point.
---
-Random NPC's for Sunday morning, it was actually pretty fun, most favorite was being the Malycite priest fighting with the Glommites over Malcom's 'its a secret' NPC
-Flubbing my circle of protection prayer by saying Chronicler instead of Malyc (fail on me)

And much thanks to everyone who was helping me look for my coat, especially James for letting me borrow his coat so my dad wouldn't make a scene. I just hope Julia really did pack it with her stuff. I'll be making a lost post about it soon enough. Seriously guys, I do not get that coat back, my dad is never letting me come back, I do not want that >.o

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 01 Mar 2009 22:23 by .
  • Tom
  • Thank Yous: 15
01 Mar 2009 20:37 #6 by Tom (Tomatsu)
Replied by Tom (Tomatsu) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
I was glad enough to return, even if it was only for a little while. I wanted to say 'thank you' to those who bought some of my wears and for those who welcomed me back for the time i was there.
-
Tom Polanski-oog

Oog-Tom Polanski
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
01 Mar 2009 20:39 #7 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
So many things...

RP saturday pre-feast with Kwildar teaching willpower, and the ensuing punch in the face.

My new sword and Jonas constantly fishing for compliments on finding it for me.

RP master prof with cinder.

Paladin mod friday night was freaking awesome. Retreating wall of flames, and body blocking a paladin through another paladins wall of flame.

Kathara flirting with rayven, only to have my wife walk into game COMPLETELY unexpected.

Pracikas arrival and RP.

Torturer: "you want seamus back, well then here!" *tosses a severed leg*

Hookah madness

Town guard promotion and talks.

Feast was amazing.

Despite the chaos of main mod, and frustrating oog stuff, it allowed for some awesome rp as tempers flared and people snapped left and right at each other. If I snapped and went over the top on anyone, I'm sorry.

All in all, an excellent event!

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Giovanni
  • Thank Yous: 0
01 Mar 2009 21:24 #8 by Giovanni (Giovanni)
Replied by Giovanni (Giovanni) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
With this being my first event at Knight Realms, I have to say it was an amazing experience from start to finish. everyone was really friendly and helpful. As for my in game play that too was just awesome. I am looking forward to coming back again, and bringing friends. Thanks you too all the people who made me feel welcome and answered my questions.

Giovanni Ficcini

Paul Grisafe
  • Kathara
01 Mar 2009 22:03 #9 by Kathara (Kathara)
Replied by Kathara (Kathara) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Where to start....

The tower is colasping and you're stopping to take a piss?

Shenanigans with Lina <3

Befriending "Krom" and everything that ensued

Getting an dead dwarfs axe; it being awesome even though I sucked; and then growing said dwarfs beard

Helping teach Kwildar willpower by mentally mind-fucking him... I tapped a whole new sort of low and loved it then having him watch Magnus and I die and choose who he could save

Getting permission by Rayven's wife to continue our "affair", I mean, she didn't attack me when she saw me in his arms so that's permission right?  ;) <3

On main mod fighting back to back with Krom, he falls, and as I'm fending off his attacker and pouring my last potion down his throat... getting hit in the back and dying on top of him... it was epic

Coming back to the inn after getting resed and hearing Lord Arydentfire read his proclamation and terms... I die and loose my home I just finished building within 20min of each other, I snapped....

Soloman being so understanding with me snapping and letting me, my brother and our housemates stay with him until we can go home

Thanks to all!

Kathara Spero- Gypsy Healer
OOG- Karen Schwander
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
02 Mar 2009 01:35 #10 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Well, i wasn't planning on coming to this event and i arrived right before main mod went off so it was kinda hectic but i was so glad i was able to make it last minute.

Saturday
-walking into game and looking for Rayven only to find Kathara less than an inch from his face ready to examine his tonsils personally. If it weren't for my respect for life and the laws of Travance, I would have grease spotted Kathara on the spot!

-walking up to kwildar and telling him to keep a tight reign on his gypsay girlfreind because she's hanging all over my husband.
Kwildar: "i don't want to change her... and these are her ways."
Me: "you seem like the type of man to rule your women with an iron fist... or give them the fist... whichever you prefer"
Then seeing the look of horror and confusion on Kwildar's face at the horrible reference lol

-Seeing the look of surprise on Rayven's face when i came into game (He had the car and as far as he knew i had no way to get to the camp even if i wanted to... SURPRISE!)

-Actually feeling useful... despite all the chaos going on during main mod. I was proud to be swinging 5's as my base damage! And getting a chance to show off Cooper's handy work on my Crystal/Meteroic Ice and Electrum swords!

-getting in some great RP with Shamus, Kwildar, and surprisingly Brax. Brax might be a creep but i can find some things to relate to him with on a Barbarian level as well as following a light God.

-being handed bagels by everyone and being so thrilled to live off of bagels and hot chocolate all weekend! lol! i think it's the most i've ever eaten at an event!

-Being offered two open bunks in father Edwins room, and taking one for myself but ending up sleeping in the same one as Rayven for warmth lol oh well, maybe in the summer months i'll be able to hold my own against the weather!

Sunday
-waking up to "8 lightning! 8 Lightning!" and having Rayven take care of it

-being so depressed that i didn't bring any baronial notes with me this moon and hearing Jonas announce "pancakes and home fries"... my fave

-Having a discussion with Zahir about father Edwin's fondness for Aliester.
Zahir: Father Edwin tends to favor Aliester in a strange way...
Me: Well... he IS a Priest after all... maybe he just likes strapping young lads  like Aliester
Zahir: I think he should be a Priest of another Church then! LOL

-walking in to a conversation between Magnus and Aliester and hearing "Old enough to crawl, old enough for Jonas." and then hearing the story behind it! lol... it broke Magnus!

I'm sure there was a lot more awesomeness to this event (and im sure i missed alot) but this is all i've got. i had a blast though! i really needed this weekend, even if i did arrive a bit late!

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
02 Mar 2009 10:09 #11 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Least favorites first:

Finding some damage to my chess set (after it was grandly swept from the board) and taking the person to task, only to have said person gently knock the set over again to show how harmless it was - and having a knight (hand carved, i must add) hit the floor and break its nose).  ::SIGH::

Finding my Merchant's license had been revoked after cutting up all the food, which was then, of course, worthless and could not be used latter, say in a month which it could have had it remained unopened.  A grave disservice OOG.

Memorable moments:

Walking back from the waterfront with Veronica, Corteccia, Gideon and Aleric Darkheart.  In the middle of a great conversation with Gideon, when we are beset by two drow, a necromancer and an Assasin (great work, Andy and Alex).  We did not have a chance.  Telling people to rally toward me as I endeavored to place myself within 10 feet of all, and Veronica gets dropped and Aleric moves inthe other direction.  Able to save all but Aleric and as we later walk away hear "Priest of Valos, we're killing your friend...."

RP with numerous folk in the inn.  Always a few new people with whom to converse while playing a game of chess. 
NEW GUY  - "I'd like to place a side bet against the priest."
TWO of us  - "How much"
NG - "two silver?"

5 uninterrupted hours of sleep, unless one counts certain people snoring.

Feast was excellent, although a tad on the starchy side, with potatoes, bread and mac and cheese.  Salad was great, and the eggplant with cheese was even better than the nicely cooked chicken.  Kudos to Liz.

Teaching again a physical lesson in Weilding Faith.

Learning to throw a weapon.

Learning the Lore of the Church Canons, as well as that of Gargoyles.  The former is purely something father Edwin would have and is just about useless IG but the latter is something for which I have been searching for several months. 

RP with Morther Rosa about continuing to learn about her prayer domains. 

Losing an arm and a leg to the two headed ogre, hopping to the Inn, and still saving a few folk.  Internal conflict when I saw Kendrick dropped and no one around, resolved that even if I hate his guts almost as much as he does mine, to let a paladin of light exsanguinate would certainly remove me from the Light.  OTOH, I had no reservations about helping Quin first and assessing Kendrick with First Aid before starting onhim (who knows, maybe that time would push himover the edge? :)).  Chris and I talked about it later.  He enjoyed watching my conflict.

More great RP with Geoff as Gideon.  Several firsts for both of us.  Explaining certain theological twists IG to a rules marshal was kinda fun and we both took it far.  I look forward to seeing how everything plays out.

A long talk with the Grand Inquisitor.  I feel like a cursed Chinaman, living in interesting times.

Watching Evadne scarf Key Lime Pie, while Kleiden saying "I shouldn't" also did.

Hmmm - Pork Chops!!

Hearing all the misconceptions about Fr. Edwin.  Taking my usual obnoxious attitude toward them.  Not saying what I really think, so I say nothing at all. 

Telling someone that I'd kill her, but she is not worth the time.

Telling someone else that i have no problem helping you stay alive, but a little cooperation would be nice.

Seething inside at the incompetence of our battle leaders.  Unable to scream "You guys are idiots!!" as we let almost certain victory devolve into ignominious defeat.  READ A TOME!

Once more, no one around ever to teach anything I really wanted to learn.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Lina Marinescu
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Only the curious have something to find
  • Thank Yous: 78
02 Mar 2009 11:24 #12 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi)
Replied by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Oh my goodness, this is only Lina's second event, but it was an awesome one...

Friday night gypsy shenanigans were so much fun...

Playing cards with Kathara, Cael and Darius (sp?) and Kathara is called away for healing. When her turn comes up, Darius and I of course look at her cards to "help" her

Helping Illana with her boy problems, you know Mars, Illana's life would be far less interesting without us in it to stir up trouble

Kwildar gently asking Lina to bug out of his niece's love life, and her resisting the urge to laugh in his face.

Meeting Aeris and the hilarity that ensued

The tower mod, 'nough said

Saturday was just epic...

Feast, delicious
Kathara's beard, "Well, can't you just shave it off?" "Don't you think I tried!"
Main mod... oh geez
Lina freaking out on the battle field and just looking around in panic. Too many memories for her.

Running back to the inn with Sorel, Odo and a few others, only to find that every one else stayed out near the monastery

Sitting with the Dreamchlydes and hear songs and stories.

The town returning and Lina and Kwildar both realizing around the same time that Kathara did not return. Lina was about to cry, because that would be two important people taken from her by goblinoids, when Kathara and Aeris return through the door. Bolting to Kathara to hug her, and her consequent freak out when people asked how she was. "How do you think I am? I just popped out of the f***ing focus!" Kwildar's face was priceless, going from relief to looking like a puppy that was just hit.

Over all, a great event. I will definitely bring a deck of cards again. Can't wait until the next event!

IG- Lina Marinescu
OOG- Katie M.- Lead Monster Marshal

The stalwart soul has the will to live and is eager for the race ~Taylor Caldwell

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
02 Mar 2009 12:59 #13 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Despite my best efforts of hating the paladins, having them foil my plans without even trying.....sigh, including Cinder

My epic battle with 3 paladins against a crazy strong troll type creature

A lot of rp with new pcs who I really enjoyed getting to know, and old pc's I have not met previously, and all of the rp from that. 

Some characters actually starting to trust me again, and giving me tasks that require real power and effort, and for once maybe even feeling a little powerful and useful.

Some clergy rp I got, and some I missed.  Definately leading to some internal changes.

"Cael, I promise to not make fun of you anymore" after he saved me from poisoned salad

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Icaro
02 Mar 2009 14:27 #14 by Icaro (Icaro)
Replied by Icaro (Icaro) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
This was my first KR event and i have to say, i had an amazing time.  everyone was very warm and welcoming and answered any questions i had, the atmosphere was great and once i immersed myself that fact that we were next to a road didn't even phase me.  I was also pleasantly surprised with the caliber of role-playing that i experienced, especially upon finding out that my characters race (Nyad) are considered sneaky and untrustworthy and that i need to be questioned every month, oh and having a gypsy try to convince me that i should go into her bottle to entertain her Genie friend.  i cant wait to come to the future and thanks everyone for a great time.

OOG= Eric Larson
  • CC Hahn
  • Thank Yous: 5
02 Mar 2009 15:20 #15 by CC Hahn (Corteccia)
Replied by CC Hahn (Corteccia) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Running across the camp and back 4 or 5 times in a row through some of the thickest mud I've ever seen.  I no longer feel bad for skipping the gym last week.

OOG: C. H.
  • Damien
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 145
02 Mar 2009 15:48 #16 by Damien (Damien)
Replied by Damien (Damien) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments

Running across the camp and back 4 or 5 times in a row through some of the thickest mud I've ever seen.  I no longer feel bad for skipping the gym last week.

Try doing it while carrying a suit of full plate on your back  ::)  :P

[hr]
Victor Sylus, Baron of Travance
OOG: Damien A.
02 Mar 2009 15:59 #17 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Explaining  why I am grateful for our ruling class, combined with a detailed explanation of the concept of 'busywork'.

Alex: "Anyone who ate the salad is poisoned." 
Our table: "There was salad?"

The feast. Say what you will, a weekend of action demands many starches, and ohhhhhh what starches they were.

Discovering I can walk/jog from the monastery to the inn in a corset while singing, and praying I never have to do it again.
Actually getting thanked for having done it.

Asking questions. Getting answers.

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
  • Kathara
02 Mar 2009 16:28 - 02 Mar 2009 16:31 #18 by Kathara (Kathara)
Replied by Kathara (Kathara) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Bolting to Kathara to hug her, and her consequent freak out when people asked how she was. "How do you think I am? I just popped out of the f***ing focus!" Kwildar's face was priceless, going from relief to looking like a puppy that was just hit.

I loved that! It was because Illana asked me how we got back when there was a huge army on the road actually, but still "We popped through the focus and f***ing walked!" had everyone in that circle go ohh shit.... we ran into no army and the reaction was priceless. <3 When the other spirits saw my body in the pile, I believe it was Shamus "Kathara... Ohh shit..."

Kathara Spero- Gypsy Healer
OOG- Karen Schwander
Last edit: 02 Mar 2009 16:31 by .
  • Eos
02 Mar 2009 17:16 #19 by Eos (Eos)
Replied by Eos (Eos) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Thank you to all who liked my feast, I hadn't cooked one in so long that I was afraid it would turn out terrible.  But I had such a good time cooking this time I just might cook feast for the next full event.  Sorry to Andy and Alex who were trying to push their way into the kitchen for plot stuff during my one hour before feast freak out time.  No matter how well things are going I freak out about an hour before things are served. 

I really enjoyed playing Eos again, and going on a few mods and hanging in the back hitting things that got too close.  The reactions on people's faces when I would say something to them on Saturday and they would turn around to react as if I were playing Dr. West and then them seeing Eos was priceless.  I got a few people with that one.  But the best by far was making a teased off Magnus cower like a little girl, I think people forgot my ability to shout really f'ing scarily. 

The fae puzzle was fun to solve and well put together and charna was just so darned pretty as the lady snow!

That is all for now

• Daedri
02 Mar 2009 21:05 #20 by Daedri (Daedri)
Replied by Daedri (Daedri) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Delicious Hookah (Thanks Chris)

The fire and all the singing was very nice.

I haven't come in some time and I always have a lot of good things to say about the new faces I see and the effort I see put into the behind the scenes stuff.

This is a highlights thread, not a lowlights. I dont want to be negative but in every event Ive been to since Summer '05 I have never seen such rampant abuse of NPC roles as I did this main mod.  I dont want to discourage anyone from returning and the only reason I bring it up is because its not the norm and it shouldn't be.

Players, new and old alike have to realize that the game at the end of the day is held together by an honor system. Just because big brother isn't watching you like a hawk doesn't mean that you can run around with a Game Genie crammed up your butt.

I used every use of every skill on my character card in the span of 5-10 minutes of main mod, because NPCs were not counting their body and using skills that they did not have or were giving themselves more uses of these skills. I am a firm believer that on occasion the town should lose, but only because the players make poor decisions, not because the NPCs want to win. I took the time to RP my character making an important decision to actually fight in a major battle for once, his RP was completely stiffled by his inability to come up with anything decisive due to a simple thing like certain players refusing to count their body properly.

At the end of the day my characters RP option being true to his form was take the fastest horse out of Travance and not return until this war is over.

I really hope the trend does not continue.

Daedri Elensar
Shipwright to the People

Craig Odell
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
02 Mar 2009 21:16 #21 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)

I used every use of every skill on my character card in the span of 5-10 minutes of main mod, because NPCs were not counting their body and using skills that they did not have or were giving themselves more uses of these skills. I am a firm believer that on occasion the town should lose, but only because the players make poor decisions, not because the NPCs want to win. I took the time to RP my character making an important decision to actually fight in a major battle for once, his RP was completely stiffled by his inability to come up with anything decisive due to a simple thing like certain players refusing to count their body properly.

Have you brought your concerns to Roy or Matt White directly? I'm interested to know the particulars of your concerns, so I know they will be.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
*/
  • Daedri
02 Mar 2009 22:26 #22 by Daedri (Daedri)
Replied by Daedri (Daedri) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
I would encourage anyone else to ignore my bad example of voicing any sort of complaint publicly, but I thought it was something everyone should be concious of because I heard a great deal of complaints across the player base this event.

To answer the question I had spoken to the proper rules authorities about my concerns  the day of and afterwards in private.

Daedri Elensar
Shipwright to the People

Craig Odell
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
02 Mar 2009 22:29 #23 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)

I would encourage anyone else to ignore my bad example of voicing any sort of complaint publicly, but I thought it was something everyone should be concious of because I heard a great deal of complaints across the player base this event.

To answer the question I had spoken to the proper rules authorities about my concerns  the day of and afterwards in private.

Not that it's my place to investigate such things, but your post and my reply prompted someone to fill me in to the details as to exactly what happened - so for that (and for making sure to tell senior staff) I thank you.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
*/
  • KyraOmega
03 Mar 2009 08:34 - 03 Mar 2009 14:01 #24 by KyraOmega (KyraOmega)
Replied by KyraOmega (KyraOmega) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Post removed due to my opinion aparently stepping on to many people's toes.

My greatest apologies ...

However the event was wonderful and I wouldn't change a thing about the way things turned out! Way to keep the people of Travance on their toes!!!

IG- Kizzy Vadoma
New to Travance

OOG- Kyra
Yes, that is my REAL oog name!
Last edit: 03 Mar 2009 14:01 by .
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
03 Mar 2009 09:12 #25 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
The NPCs on Friday night in general should not feel bad. Most where new, and in some cases, accidents just happen. Also it certainly does go both ways and happen on both sides. Everyone in the future remember two things, Like Kyra pointed out, the job of the NPCs isnt to win, its to entertain the PCs. Secondly, everyone just make it a personal goal to do better at keeping track of your hits. We as monster marshals will do more to make sure NPCs are better written, and are better briefed on how to play their roles.  I highly doubt anyone was intentionally cheating, but perhaps some where getting carried away. Situations like that can be avoided, by simply calling a hold, and ask to see the NPC, or PC card in question and resolve the situation right then and there instead of letting it go on.

Id like that to be the final thing about this issue that is said here, and would appreciate it if from this point on the "Highlights" thread remained just that. We love to hear what you didn't like at an event, so we can try hard to improve and make sure those things don't happen again, but we have a totally different place for that. Fill out event recaps for your comments such as that, it is the proper outlet, and I promise you we do read them, and discuss them on the officer boards, every month.

Thanks ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
03 Mar 2009 11:32 #26 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Ok, now that things have calmed down, smooth-over, and all my post-larp activites (laundry and such) have been settled... let's make some folks feel good.

Lowlights:
1. Mud
2. Cold
3. My poor nightsight causing me to nearly attack my fellow townsfolk

Highlights:
1. Seeing all the friendly faces when I finally arrived.
2. Getting a bed despite the Inn filling up very quickly and I arrived late.
3. The epic battles on Main Mod.
4. The 1 liners that were zinging all across the weekend
4a. Townsmember investigating a wagon: "What do I see inside?  Supplies?  Cargo?"
Chris K's NPC Bandit: "Yup, and a body."
5. Dinner Rolls.
5a. Kyra refusing to sell me her dinner roll for 2 gold...  >:(  LOL!
6. Hearing Sorel is now eligible for Witch Hunter status after jumping up in his boxers and fighting the elemental NPC's.

I'm sure there are more, but I'm at work and have to get back to a meeting.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
03 Mar 2009 12:34 #27 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
A lot of my favorites have already been covered, in a decent amount of depth by other people.  So, I'll only repeat those that I feel my perspective adds something to the story.  However, I've got to start with a couple of lowlights.

Friday, all day, being exceedingly sick with stomach issues that have plagued me since I was a wee lad, and people being understanding when I'd suddenly throw a white headband on, and run into the woods, only to stumble back into the inn slightly green around the gills.

Blowing out my knee on main mod simply from trying to get up... And Kwildar practically throwing his armor off later 'cause my back decided that it had had enough.

On to the favorites.

Kwildar holding back his anger after he and Kathara were savagely attacked friday night.  Walking up to Quin, and rather calmly informing her that the goblin army had broken all words of honor in his eyes.

Kwildar's emotional state was ... well, it was a train wreck of bipolar proportions.  Hearing for the first time that Kathara loves him, followed by being forced to make The Choice, followed by soooo many people dying, and Kathara's return.  Trying not to cry into Galen's chest cavity as he assisted Doctor West in sewing him back together.

Rosa's corpse, laid out in the monestary... Internal organs in nice neat lines.  Dr. West, Quin and Kwildar all working on her... And sudden knocks on the door.  Two peasants come in, wanting to get married, and the momentary shock on their faces as Rosa's state registered in their minds just before Kwildar pushed them out the door.

Performing said marriage, with Cinder witnessing.

So many people having to hold Kwildar back from going out to try save the dead, and probably end up dying himself.

Gambesons! Yay!

.... "It's a good secret!" :)  Heck, everything we did as Sunday Morning NPCs was so much fun for me.

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
  • Kendrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 4
03 Mar 2009 16:10 #28 by Kendrick (Kendrick)
Replied by Kendrick (Kendrick) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
It's been a while

Fisrt off, getting into the Inn Friday and seeing Nigel and Vaden made my whole weekend. Being told don't NPC Friday night meant paladin challanges and there were, with Wally-BANE!!!

Long talks with people who I hope took my advice to heart

Keeping an eye on the town until dawn with Cinder

Having a wake up of James waving his sausage in my face

My brigands were outstanding and all of them RP'd a great scene even when no other PC's were present.

Getting our collective ass kicked by the bad guys in Main Mod. It wasn't a highlight but it set in motion some other things.

Having a great IG reason to leave Saturday night

Standing in a circle with Vaden, Kimmel and Tom, and the interesting RP that came about.

Actually learning something very low level and enjoying it quite a bit

Line of the event
Wally: What does that green headband mean?
Me: It means I'm cold!

Brother Kendrick Maeldun
Paladin of the White Fox

oog Chris K
  • Corvin Ralenfolly
  • The Good Looking Ralenfolly
  • Thank Yous: 43
03 Mar 2009 16:49 #29 by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM)
Replied by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments
Nigel Storm Bringer what what what!

I had a Good time, did not enjoy the weather in the least bit, I knew I should have waited to the next event.

I did enjoy showing up late for feast however, which is good cause I love salad.

I, as Steve enjoyed Sonya and Troupe's brain cell cancer causing conversation but as Shador I was not amused, don't think I was actually pissed off.

It was good to see wally and his vastly superior beard.

Kyle Steele saved my life. Chris Kane warms my soul and...other parts every time I see him.

Thanks for the buff's stacey and when you looked at me for some in return I responded with "I can't change your fate" and the cursing that followed.

Osred and I combining forces, is like when the Voltron guys figured out the last lion was over the gate out front.

Its Murdering time...or just writing a really good Mystery Horror Book Time!...from a third party view.

Corvin Ralenfolly

Steve M.
  • Quin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Captain Cupcake
  • Thank Yous: 15
03 Mar 2009 17:19 #30 by Quin (Quin)
Replied by Quin (Quin) on topic Feb 28 favorite moments

Standing in a circle with Vaden, Kimmel and Tom, and the interesting RP that came about.

Man, I really say some silly stuff when I'm tired and cold. Speaking of huddling together for warmth...

Anyway, It was a pretty fun event all in all.
Lots of good RP all around.
And learning something really important!

My favorite quote of the night:

Nigel: Quin, someone stole the goblin generals' armor, what're we going to do? We're totally screwed.
Me: Let's cry about it.
Nigel: And eat some bagels.
Me: Ok!
Both: WAAAHHHH

But the muuuud definitely sucked.

Quin K.
It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
    And it isn't enough to believe in it, one must work for it.

Emily (MM/RPM)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.934 seconds