March 2010 Highlights

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
07 Mar 2010 19:56 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
March 2010 Highlights was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home
Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis,
No one move a muscle as the dead come home

~Shriekback, "Nemesis"

Wow.  An odd event for me, but a good one!  Somehow, I didn't spend nearly as much time at the forge as I have in the past, but still felt productive and accomplished.

Specific Highlights:

* Main Mod, seeing the "old school alts" like Vampire Slack, Psion Shalock, etc.
* Dragoon Mod on Friday Night.
* The return of Vardemis Worthington!
* Morwenne actually smiling and bouncing in glee for once.
* Someone once deemed stupid (IG) getting a clue.  Yes, folks, he CAN be taught!
* Teaching, and helping to teach.  I haven't had so much fun doing this in ages.

Looking forward to being back at Shehawqua in April!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
07 Mar 2010 20:50 #2 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Friday Night NPC-
Stage 3 Plague Villagers. It was just entertaining in general.

Deathknight- I forgot to use half my skills the first time around and then did not get to do anything but stand guard the second time around. I did have fun playing guard even if it was just standing there.

After words I get back and try and figure out what's going on... and I'm asked to do research. Oh research, my bane at times.

Saturday-
I got about two hours of sleep and then started helping with breakfast right away. SO many people wanted breakfast and then people started coming to me right away about Stage 2 victims I was really getting myself mixed up.

Instead of being able to interact and explaining my findings with the Count I ended up handing it to him and be oblivious the rest of the event.

My lowlight of the event- I was a physician
Guess how many hours I spent healing people. I'll give you a hint- It was more then 12.

Met Sage, the 'new' satyr, very nice.

Having more then one person ask me if I should just let them make Emar's life miserable. I was too busy to be angry though.

Getting to tell Angelica she was the empress of the world in Alt-Travance.

Meeting the Hyborians(sp?) and watching the interactions between them and the celts. Yay about learning of new places!

Those three new high elves were AMAZING. Quite serious about this, I hope you guys come around more often.

Pain-train main mod. Glad I had a weapon in my hands again.

Did not get to see all the Alt-Travance I wanted to, but Quin and Ywingee Alt's were funny to listen to.

Sunday 2AM lowlight- Finally getting rest and then being woken up by 'I GET WINE' ... no words for the rage.

Sunday-
No more plague

Tari loved her birthday cake! Everyone else seemed to like it too.

Relaxing... finally
--
If another plague hits again I'm NPCing the whole event. Never again <3

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
07 Mar 2010 22:33 #3 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic March 2010 Highlights
SO MUCH FUN!

Friday:  

Back in Travance, new and old faces, to meet and be jovial with.

Researching with the other scholars,  and solving the post-it puzzle.

Meeting with the Baron, Slack, and Dr. Maxwell.

Saturday:

Moss Mod.  Finally got to Logically Resist Illusions!!!

Tea party!  Cinder, Baron, Emar, Julian, Slack,  and those whom i'm sadly forgetting at the moment,  We should all do that again.

Becoming the Baronial Scribe.  Surprise/Win!

Corbin(SP?) Daydreaming the guy at the barional meeting, and the look on  everyones face ruining the mood  when said stranger says "Yeah baby, wait, you want me to put those bon-bons where?"

Main Mod NPC Shift:  

OOOOOOOZE             "Team Penguin"    and slowly rolling down the hill as the group approached, like an ooze should.

After NPC shift:

crashed at 1am.  Earliest time ever sleeping in my Larping Career!

Sunday:

Father Osred teaching me to Scribe and learning about the Chronicler.

Discussing the Lands with Osred, the baron, and Ardentfire

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
07 Mar 2010 23:05 #4 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic March 2010 Highlights
It was nice seeing folks again.  I am feeling a TON better now that I am home and relaxing.
Friday night...
1. Plague Victims/Zombies... ugh.  Posi, Divine, Ice, Magic, Fire... does anything work?  Just toss them into a bonfire.  Oh wait... that's not good either.
2. Galmachian Devil?  No thanks.  He has the cure?  Are we sure?

Saturday morning...
1. Sausage, Biscuit, and Gravy... mmm... best breakfast evar.
2. More Plague Victims/Zombies... lead them away from the Inn.  They're slow!  Why are you fighting these things and getting infected?
3. Solo walking to Totem Pole Hill over 3 times.
4. Missing the Alisandria meeting because I was infected and not wanting to spread it to others, but finding out there was infected people there allready.

Saturday night... (aka NPC shift)
1. Looking for make-up or masks to become a rat for Main mod.
2. Finding the lower-lvl mod has a lot high lvls in it.  WTF?
3. Damn snow making it hard to fight... oh, a snow-sinkhole.
4. Me (as a rat): "Eeek.  Eeek.  3 Damage... *slips in snow*
   PC in midswing. *WHAM!*
   Me: "Ugh... KO."
To the PC who hit me, we spoke all ready.  It was NOT intentional and accidents happen.  I want to see you back at KR, having fun and give me a chance for [strike]revenge[/strike] joking about this with ya.  ;)
5. The late night giggles and silliness with Kristin, Ryan, Steve, and MB as they made fun of my pillow-head status and other subjects.

Again... despite the head hit, I had fun and thank you all for sharing in the joy.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
07 Mar 2010 23:29 #5 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic March 2010 Highlights
I had such a good time this weekend, that plot was fantastic.

Highlights:
Hanging out with Celts and the vegetarian shepards pit that Gene had made.
Avoiding the plague (I spent a lot of coin on protections this month)
Getting knee-capped by the anti-paladin (IC it sucked but OOC  it was funny that out of the giant group of people, I was the one in his way)
Main mod for the low levels- the organization of the squire's and groups they led worked really well and everyone got to be involved
Explosive high five ftw

Lowlights:
Sleeping on the floor on Friday night

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • Sirides
  • Thank Yous: 0
07 Mar 2010 23:37 #6 by Sirides (ChrisZ)
Replied by Sirides (ChrisZ) on topic March 2010 Highlights
I want to thank everyone for the compliments we got for our costuming and roleplaying.  Being our first PC event at KR, we got a lot more than we expected in regards to recognition.

Friday night-  Walking into the tavern for the first time as our family and getting the "wtf are we supposed to do, are they npcs?!" looks.

Finding out there was a bet placed on us whether we had to do with the main plot that weekend as key characters.

I also want to thank Ming Nao, and the other gentlemen ( I apologize for forgetting your character name, I believe we only heard it once) who were very receptive and spoke to us with much respect and no judgement to our strange personalities.  You two helped us find the people we needed in order to get the ball rolling.

Baron Montgomery, good chats, great knowledge, great connections towards our quest, and an amazing time fighting beside you during the main mod.  Being chosen to follow you was an honor for our family.

Thank you everyone for the constant heals keeping our hastened plague to a minimum of stage 1.

James. Awesome roleplaying with you as the count. We owe many thanks to you.

Thanks and sorry to everyone who dealt with the puppet confusion.  A lot threw me off when I started hearing almost every detection spell come out towards  my direction, and also trying to maintain a story going on just to earn some money.  Thanks for understanding and I hope you still all we entertained despite the confusion.

Saturday night main mod was intense! Really enjoyed it. The baron and our family got to see why you don't go RIGHT, and only go left!

OOG: Chris

IG: Siri'des Vael'senwe
  • Xemmy
07 Mar 2010 23:40 #7 by Xemmy (Xemmy)
Replied by Xemmy (Xemmy) on topic March 2010 Highlights
I am really, really terrible with names so I'm sorry if I forgot yours or misspelled it beyond recognition.

Friday:

- Seeing a lot of the same faces again and getting ready for some action.

- I must have spent the previous two hours internally griping about how heavy my new stainless steel chain shirt was (it weighs 35lbs) only to be suddenly thankful that it prevented me from getting the plague.

Saturday:

- Had a lot of fun roleplaying/learning with Gideon and Gwen.

- Enjoyed getting involved in the plague cure, and keeping in the loop of what was happening.

- NPC Duty: Getting actually shield bashed, glasses knocked off, grabbed and shaken, weapon pinned, and some player throwing himself in my way because I couldn't hurt him.  Chocked it up to people being a little excited.  Still had a blast.

- Main Mod: "Team Bacon" win

Sunday:

- Burgers made with a Highland recipe passed down from generation to generation.

- More awesome lessons from Gwen and Efreeki (sp?).  Thanks for finding volunteers to get their arms lopped off, punched over and over, and beaten with blunt objects.  Healer lessons are a little sick but hilarious.

OOG: Mike
08 Mar 2010 08:24 #8 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Ded Dawg O'Doul had fun this weekend

Nice to know some remembered the old Coot of a Buccaneer from last Sept.

Alas Me Buckoos. I couldna walk too far in da snow Part of me "Sugars Problems
Me sea legs been hav'n the cramps when I do heavy walking.  Woke up a few times with pains in me laigs on Friday and Sat nights

Really enjoyed interacting with Oldies and Noobies as well doing a little RP in the Inn

One disappointment  same is with our LARP in Indiana ,, So many youngins coming to play with their toys , But no thought about food or sleeping stuff

Jist me 2c's worth

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

OOG = Dave Sullivan Sr; Indiana

Kanarak=VC999 Institutional Head
PC = Ded Dawg O'Doul. Inn Keeper
NPC = Huh! The Dumbest of the Ale Belly Ogres
  • Michael P
08 Mar 2010 10:13 - 08 Mar 2010 10:19 #9 by Michael P (Michael P)
Replied by Michael P (Michael P) on topic March 2010 Highlights
March Highlights:

Friday -

Learning the first steps to the ways of Chaos.

Celt/Gypsy roleplay.

Devil mod.  Every person telling the Wild Mage/Chaos Warrior to not do anything stupid in regards to the fight with the Devil.  Twenty minutes and three fallen hoss enemies, Paetros takes his first trip through the focus.

Saturday -

Being asked "Do you know how to do zombie makeup?".  Being the head of a zombie apocalypse LARP, I was very amused by this question.  Proceeded to spend an hour before shift and an hour after doing PC and NPC latex boils... providing bloody hankies as well.  

First NPC shift Saturday had some great people in it... being able to RP instead of just getting beat sticked the entire shift was fantastic.  Remember, the goblins own half the town.

Kaladonia.... what a wonderful collection of oddballs and misfits.  Looking around the Kaladonia residents and realized that a large number of the most quirky, odd, and mentally unstable individuals reside within Kaladonia.  

Main Mod with the wedge formation.  It is not common to get a group of PCs to actually be able to pull off a formation and stick to it.  However, for 99% of the main mod, our group not only used formations... but used them in such a way that they worked!  Seeing people hold shield lines, keeping defensive perimeters, and working with the healers, mages, and scouts to keep the front line running was amazing.

Downsides:

Dangerous terrain.  I saw a lot of people take some serious bumps during combat scenes due to sink holes, ice patches, and overall dangerous combat terrain. 

Since the plague zombies really only could infect you if they did damage to you, I saw a few of the 'high level'  PCs treat the plague as a joke since their damage reduction prevented them from being effected.  Sorta ruins the RP of seeing dozens of farmers and central towns folk growing deathly ill when you have a couple people ignoring the RP of the situation.

It's a dead man's party
Who could ask for more
Everybody's comin', leave your body at the door
Leave your body and soul at the door . . .

Don't run away it's only me

Michael Pucci
Player of Paetros of the Yhatzi Kompania

www.DystopiaRisingLARP.com
Last edit: 08 Mar 2010 10:19 by .
08 Mar 2010 11:11 - 10 Mar 2010 15:36 #10 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic March 2010 Highlights

Kaladonia.... what a wonderful collection of oddballs and misfits.  Looking around the Kaladonia residents and realized that a large number of the most quirky, odd, and mentally unstable individuals reside within Kaladonia.  

But You've got admit, there is rarely a dull moment when Kaladonians are around.

My Highlights

*CupCakes and Celt Food
*Giving a cupcake to the muffinman.
*FAVORITE MOMENT: RP on the steps with 4 Wilds Mages, Ravyne and the Inquisitor and a 5th wild mage walking by. "Did you do anything illegle?" "nicht" "what is a nicht say yes or nose." ect... "Take some classes, learn common. its free!" "wheres the fun in that?" Oh could you imagine the effect if an insult went too far and one of the wild mages lost their cool?
*New Gyspy Group you were a lot of fun!
*Having Great IC/OCC conversation with New Gobo
*It was great seeing everyone again. I've been gone since Ball and it was a really needed break from reality.

Low Lights
*Cold... I'm allergic I break out in hives... So once the sun when down I was not a happy Camper.
*Having to leave feast because of the flashes going off and having to miss the entertainment.
*The Guy with the Puppet... (I'm sure you're role plalying was awesome but Puppets freak me the hell out)

(Edited to add the two lowlights. I didn't want to add it in a new post.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
Last edit: 10 Mar 2010 15:36 by .
  • Sargoson
  • Banned
  • Banned
08 Mar 2010 11:31 #11 by Sargoson (raalin2100)
Replied by Sargoson (raalin2100) on topic March 2010 Highlights
"Unlike some people I wash my hands"

I'm still laughing

-Ryan Alin
  • Raxas
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 14
08 Mar 2010 11:53 #12 by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar)
Replied by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Awesome event! I was happy to see so many new people, just made it harsh with sleeping space.

Friday night:
-somehow not getting infected with the plague...

Saturday:
-WAY to much went on.
-The mages guild learning im part of them now
-STAYING far away from Plagued ones as possible.
-Having a body guard that really wasn't needed but gave me good RP
-Staying Healthy both IG and OOG (since getting over being sick)

Saturday night:
-Pre main mod keeping alive.
-Main mod.... Just awesome!

Sunday:
-Not to much can remember at this time here.

Over all I had one the most fun events this time.

OOG: Randy Werd
Marshal
08 Mar 2010 12:10 #13 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Highlights:

-Hmm, learning to Identify Compounds and make rank I herbal Potions.  I won't be useless!
-Definitely turning Tobar into a state of "aaaahhh" and a pile of "blablgthethethe"
-Going on so many mods.  I think I broke my record
-Had a nice chat with Lord Brightstar...broke into a fit of giggles
-Well, I'm not sure if this is a highlight or lowlight, but I got proposed to again by the same man who proposed 2 events ago. I would say highlight since it was just plain amusing even though I turned him down.
-Fought with a silver staff. Made me feel useful even though i only hit for 2 ^_^
-I think my "fanclub" grew.
- making friends with Cassilda the healer and having a warmth huggle-up with a bunch of other people while out on Main Mod
-Getting Charmed by Remi and made to drink Satyr's wine was definitely fun  :P I should have never said I didn't drink
-Sage, our new gypsy satyr. Though he laughed a lot while doing so, he helped me with my walking.  Apparently I'm very bad at it  :-\
-Meeting the more seasoned gypsies such as Rafiki and Paetros.
-When I NPCed a Plague Zombie, I got hit with Slay, blinked a few times, and just kept going. Reaction? WTF?!

Lowlights:
-Got 1 hour of sleep Friday night (well, 6am Saturday morning really)...and it was on a bench
-Um...have you seen my arms? Yeah, getting bashed from every directions with cold latex weapons while NPCing a Plague Zombie is NOT fun.  Guys, PLEASE pull your blows!
-Taking an arrow to my womb
-Not singing at feast.  I'm not sure why I wasn't asked to

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
  • RafikiYhatzi
  • Banana Necklace!
  • Thank Yous: 3
08 Mar 2010 12:17 #14 by RafikiYhatzi (RafikiYhatzi)
Replied by RafikiYhatzi (RafikiYhatzi) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Nice to be back for a weekend in Travance.

Friday Night

Friday evening RP about Paetros' wives and making several offers for someone to become #14.

The battle of the Banana necklace continues.

Not getting the plague was good.

Saturday

Moss mod was entertaining even if there was no great bandit treasure to be found.

Market Faire was fun. Thanks for those who came to have some gypsy wine. I'll definitely do it again next time.

NPCing and getting to see real rogue action.

Coming back to logistics and Steve pointing at me and saying "You! You're my yetti!" and thinking this was going to be painful.

Prep for main mod and "Hurry up and wait" song time. Its always fun to get the whole inn singing along.

Main mod was... I don't know. Maybe it was the annoying terrain. Maybe it was me liking when main mod seems desperate. We were well prepared and our organization was fantastic.

Oh Zafrin... must you always pick things up?

Sunday

Teaching with Xeemy and finding someone at the last minute that could teach me what I needed to learn.

Celtburgers. Yum.

On the downside...
Not having a place to sleep.
Running at full tilt across the camp to save someone that had already been saved.
Realizing going into main mod that we had NO healers who could instantly heal limbs or bring someone out of Crit and the first thing I hear entering battle? "Break Limb!"

Overall good event. Will play again.

OOC: Chris Lemanski
  • Gregor
  • Thank Yous: 10
08 Mar 2010 13:16 #15 by Gregor (Caleb)
Replied by Gregor (Caleb) on topic March 2010 Highlights

"Unlike some people I wash my hands"

I'm still laughing

...Voltron...

Gregor Borowitz
Court Healer of Alisandria

Guild Member of the Black Orchid Merchant Company

OOG:Stephen Bukovsky
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
08 Mar 2010 13:47 #16 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Oh man, where to begin.  This last weekends event was awesome!  Didn't get to do as much battling as I usually do, but the sheer amount of RP I got in was definitely worth it.  I guess we'll start with Friday Night!

Highlights!

Friday Night
-meeting tons of new Khitans and Dragoons, and even one that was both!  ;D
-Dragoon mod = full power win, except for an almost complete party gank at the end.  That would not have been cool
-catching up with people that I haven't seen in forever
-NPC shift from 2-6am and playing plague zombies the whole time, with some skeletons mixed in

Saturday
-giving Kamei a personalized wake-up call: "...Teach me teach"  :P
-getting my second Weapon Prof.  You know what this means soon ladies and gents.  Spirit.  Huzzah.
-getting a nice, hearty breakfast with double meat before taking out some plague zombies

Some memorable quotes from Saturday...

Bellanear: I invoke the everlasting celestial power of alteration to cast Common Sense!  *hits Misaki with spell packet*
Misaki: ...Resist!

Misaki: *upon observing a hallucinating dryad outside the Inn and Remi in the distance*  Remi!  Did you give her Satyr's Wine?
Remi: No!  I gave her regular alcohol because I've never seen her drunk off that before.....then I gave her Satyr's Wine!

-awesome RP with Raxas, Tari, Elawyn, and many others.  One of the better moments from the weekend
-Boris the White Wolf visiting the dragoons and teaching us some cool facts that most of us didn't know about.  Then watching him cast Obliterate on a piece of paper.  Scary awesome job on that Matt!
-getting to lead a squadron of people in the low level objective for main mod that worked alongside two other groups (lead by Magnus and Colin McGregor (sp?)).  That was by far the coolest thing I have ever done and has influenced Misaki to start considering Cavalier (surprise surprise  ;))
-simple battle math.  Swinging for 6 + sharpened blade + Grant Strength + Fanfare of Victory + Battle Cry + fire damage = DED MONSTERS XD  Just wait til I get my spirit...
-the after-battle celebration with Magnus and Colin, then a quick chat with Hammish who revealed somebody likes him in Travance...and Misaki not taking it seriously because he was drunk
-...which was ended abruptly when Raxas used something to take away the drunkenness.  Spoil sport  :P
-Dan Gill as Boris the Londwynian Miner...'nuff said

...well...maybe one quote...

Boris: ...CAN'T GET YOU WHORE!  I MINER!
Somebody: Ore!  I want ore!  Not a whore!

Ok, now 'nuff said.

Sunday
-The Great Kaladonian Snowball Fight!  Apparently Erdrick's one weakness is snowballs?
-getting hit with a snowball from Hammish, using Eye for an Eye on him and watching him hit himself in the face with a snowball.  Ian, this is why you are such an awesome person  ;D
-helping a Khitan learn dodge using a trinket of Freeze Ground.  Best choice ever!

Lowlights
-sleeping in Shanty Town.  It was COLD sleeping there at night >.<
-getting a piece of nature right to the eye.  Thanks to Travis, Kristen, and others who helped me out there.  That gave me a bit of a scare but you guys were awesome taking a 1/4'' piece of stick outta there asap.  Now I haz a cool "crazy eye"  :-[

Overall, A++ event.  Can't wait for April!

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

08 Mar 2010 13:53 #17 by Kairon (Kairon)
Replied by Kairon (Kairon) on topic March 2010 Highlights
I had a fantastic time, and I am certainly fiending for April!

Highlights:

- Scooby Doo Mod... "Old Man Jenkins!?"

- Becoming a Vassal and being taught my first event, something I'm not used to!

- Fun training with Simon, Kuza, and Raig (sp?) sunday morning.

- Actually being asked by the Count what I thought on the matter of the plague and calmly looking over documents while repeating in my head "I'm with the Count I'm with the Count I'm with the Count..."

- The wonderful feast and fantastic songs!

- Enjoying everyone's reaction when I would Feign Death and fall over in the snow.

- Wonderful Celt breakfast Saturday morning

- Waterproof knee-high boots

Lowlights:

- Said boots having no ankle support and blowing out both my legs

All in all a fantastic weekend, looking forward to meeting all my new friends again in april!

Kairon Goderae
Vassal of Alisandria

OOG:Jon Rudolph
  • Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
08 Mar 2010 14:24 #18 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Replied by Ming Na (Ming Na) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Fantastic time at this event

- Trade deals seeing so many new faces wanting to be merchants & helping them understand the in's and out.

- Sort of sleeping in shanty town & having good Rp with it " See my friends I am a chancellor of the people! I have been there with you face down in the gutter..lol"

- Working with the new Elven players
- Great rp with my fellow scholars researching

- Teaming up with Larry to be the southern Valos priests bringing fire & brimstone!!

- Being sent out as a assassin then spinning the cover as a poor old hard of hearing Miner named Boris... "Your Rude waylay" smiles at Tobar =)    

- Low lights

Getting the plague in real life lol

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
08 Mar 2010 15:03 #19 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Long live Develica and long live Dinnerdark

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
08 Mar 2010 15:16 #20 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic March 2010 Highlights
had fun overall...
friday:

+Actually finding a place to sleep, although it was behind the forge.
+NPC shift was fun, kept being sent out as one of the original plague victims, and swinging at least once on everyone in my path.   I was told we were supposed to get up and regrow everything even if dissipated, so after being mauled by erdirck, and then taking enough 15s to drop, getting back up only to hear dissipate undead and see lethias.
NPC shift part two, I got to be one of the two death nights at devil mod, and had fun being one of the targets that two of the witch hunters, and soloman.  "Hold! are you ok?  you are so lucky you didn't fall on that sharp stick right under you."
+ getting dressed into character and getting my armor fixed as I finished pulling on my coat.

Saturday:

+Helping out for breakfast wasn't greatly fun, but at least it kept me from getting the plague, and gave me time to find a bit more out about the towns members that had gotten the plague.
+coming up with a few ideas to keep the towns members that were already plagued from infecting others without wanting to, and passing information around to those who were fighting off the peasants.  "Don't let them sit still too long, and dont let fire touch them.  It's bad for every one in the area if either happen."
- got the plague from a gas cloud around one of the peasant walking through the inn.
+plague gave me certain RP advantages.
+Ran a bacon booth for market faire, and I will be doing it from now on.  You all were so happy to see bacon, I figure I will make a batch for market faire, and another one for sunday morning. Same prices and same bulk discounts. (PM if you would like to know.)
+The rp with Father Edwin for learning more about the gods, to see if I should follow galadell or not.
+being useful during main-mod, and being the only member of team bacon(magnus' group) to use the blade of victory to keep an enemy from getting to someone.  (Stone skin on my list this month saved me from three severed limbs that night.)

Sunday:

+sleeping in after main-mod.
-sleeping in after main-mod.
+Teaching someone how to use a sword.  That was my first time teaching.
+Learning first aid, and small weapon.
-wet feet.  one of my boots broke, so I have to fix it somehow before next event.
-taking far too long to get home after we left.

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
08 Mar 2010 16:10 #21 by Vincent of Winterdark (Cecil)
Replied by Vincent of Winterdark (Cecil) on topic March 2010 Highlights

I just wanted to take a second and thank all the NPCs who helped run the Devil Mod on Friday night.  It ran awesomely and you did a fantastic job, especially since it kept you all way past your NPC shift slot. 

Thanks!
Doug

Master Vincent of Winterdark
Black Serpent Merchant's Guild
[hr]

[hr]
oog Doug
  • Secarius
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Cinis et Cinis Pulvis Et Pulvis
  • Thank Yous: 1
08 Mar 2010 18:08 #22 by Secarius (Secarius)
Replied by Secarius (Secarius) on topic March 2010 Highlights
highlight 1: coming to the realization friday night that "the sick come back as undead. towns ppl are sick. . . culling of Travance. and then realizing that inspite of Brax being a great priest and an excelent galladelian... he's a horrible horrible person.

Highlight 2: sunday morning with "Sir" (lord) Brightstar and Faux-Jus . . . I look foward to Sam NEVER letting me live that down.

lowlights: being in accomodations that were both cramped/crowded... and far too alone at the same time.

Feast: Dianne (sp) EXCELENT as always

ALex S.
player of Brax the Barbarian
08 Mar 2010 18:39 #23 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic March 2010 Highlights
First of all I'd like to thank everyone for an awesome first event. I enjoyed myself immensely and am already looking forward to more. It really did make me wonder why I waited so long to actually join up, when I had SO MANY people telling me to go.

Now, on to the highlights...
-Having makeup and costuming concerns the week leading up to the event get easily solved before arriving. Big thanks to Mike for telling me about the arm gloves, and Cassie for helping apply my makeup.
-Getting there and finding out I had a bunk saved for me. Was quite awesome considering I always have to work Fridays.
-Intro mod was quite fun, I immediately got into goblin-mode, sneaking around the fighting for a good attack position.
-One of the other players (I'm very sorry I forgot your name), upon realizing I was playing a goblin, insisted she was going to introduce me to Brick so there could be "adorable goblin babies." This was the same player who also insisted on calling me Steve #2...
-Meeting Brick anyway and her telling me to let her know if I ran into any trouble for just being a greenskin...us gobs gotta stick together!
-Going to the bar right away and putting myself out there to be the new bartender...too bad I never found Jonas Kane at all to talk to.
-Introductory RP was kinda slow at first, but once the plague plot started up I met more and more people IG.
-Helping with breakfast Saturday was great, and a good way for me to get to know more people. Big thanks to Charlie for the opportunity.
-Being involved with a couple of the plague zombie attacks outside the inn, taking a couple hits which were absorbed by my armor, commenting on how it was a good idea to get it repaired that morning, and having Alastair look over and go "now THAT'S a smart goblin."
-Sharing my nearly endless supply of jerky and passing around my flask seemed to be the perfect way to make more friends.
-Great RP with Blade outside the Inn after he got infected.
-Being incredibly lucky about not getting infected in a combat...and then a zombie explodes in the fireplace...
-Going on the yeti mod was a lot of fun...getting 6 broken limbs in a single combat not so much...
-Brick, Ib, and Winks getting together purely to complain about hobgoblins = win.
-IG and OOG conversations with a certain gypsy.
-Main mod was awesome, even though I was a noob and didn't bring enough extra socks so my feet were absolutely frozen in my boots.
-Started the ball rolling on getting some more leather armor made, IG and OOG...Mitch I'll definitely let you know when I'm able to pay for that.
-NPCing Sunday was great, especially when like a quarter of the town showed up just for a small band of kobolds...

Wow that's a lot, but I guess it's expected from my first event.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
08 Mar 2010 18:45 #24 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Addendum: Erdrick too.  He's fun to RP with.  Just saying  ;D

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
08 Mar 2010 19:34 #25 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Yep. Good time with friends and enjoyable company.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
08 Mar 2010 19:47 #26 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Take this cookie, when you are done eating it you will feel better........

Everything I thought I knew about Travance is WRONG........

Just getting to hang out with friends and seeing people ig I haven't had a chance in a while.  Also getting to meet new people.

Vampire cow!!!!!!!!!

Being a bodyguard, and making a new friend out of the deal.

Oh and trying to convince the new goblin to make goblin babies with brick ;)  Overtired at its best

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
08 Mar 2010 19:51 #27 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Friday!
- coming into game as Wolfgars sister searching for him and talking with Pietros about how where i'm from the snow is "taller than that guy (Tom/odo)" and the rabbits are only half that size and how its so cold your limbs will fall off"
-tears at finally seeing Wolfgar after 6 years
-funny tales about how i'll die an old maid because Wolfgar will punch any guy in the face that compliments me!

Brik: I'll be your friend if you get me that banana necklace.
Me: (turns to Rafiki) sir, can i wear that banana necklace? (hands me the necklace. i wear it give it to Brik)
Brik: no Takesie backsies!
Me: you didn't say it was for Keepsies!
Brik: It was implied!

-meeting a ton of fellow Dragoons
-laughing at plague zombies swinging for 2's. Thank God for soak. then bumping chests with Jerry's character and rocking house.
-getting 5 marriage proposals 2 of which were being Pietros' 14th and the Mcbanes wanting me to Marry Oakroot.
-Oakroot and Tyra: the zombie rocking duo!
-first time in town saying i can go on a pretty high level mod... so much perfect aim grant death! i didn't take any damage! it felt nice.
-guys really gotta look into getting glasses straps...3 holds called for dropped glasses.
- me + valeria throwing snow at wolfgar = so much fun! A+ must do again

Saturday
-lowlight: missing breakfast   :'(
-NPC shift? coins! COINS! g-g-g-g-gromobulous!!!! thats not a monster... IT'S OLD MAN JENKINS!
-lowlight: getting railed really hard by a PC in the base of the head/neck area + migraine = blah
-KFC for feast = yummy
-feeling very useful on main mod and helping keep Magnus ranks in check when we split up.
- getting into a kill count with creed only to get miffed because he got all the good loot! *shifty glance*
-having the photographer specifically ask me to pose and take pics felt awesome!
-talking with Dorian about whether Lore: chaos was forbidden to non chaos warriors or illegal. great RP tom!
-sooooo much hurry up and wait!

went home early early sunday morning cuz chris forgot to bring a change of shoes, but i was sooooo happy that cy and shannon got to steal our bed! your welcome guys! can't wait to be back at the PA camps though. Camp stuck-in-the-mud stinks!

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
08 Mar 2010 20:12 #28 by Father Lighthammer (Father Lighthammer)
Replied by Father Lighthammer (Father Lighthammer) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Highlights:

- Having my first PC and Absolutely loving it.
- Learning so much IG and meeting all.
- Being able to fight alongside Everyone in main mod
- Getting so many compliments on my helmet and finding out it was worth 14 AP
- Being the NPC Ghost in the Scooby Doo mod that said....KABLAMO! (Waves arms in font of face)
- Finding out my friends from the time I NPCed in Jan came back this month as well

Lowlights:

- None, you guys rock meet your new regular KR attender, See you next month

OOG: Walter Cahill (The Second Wally)

IG: Father Amalric Lighthammer, Priest of Galladell
08 Mar 2010 20:33 #29 by Riley Heart (Riley Quinn)
Replied by Riley Heart (Riley Quinn) on topic March 2010 Highlights
First off I would just like to say that I had an amazing first event. Everyone was very welcoming. I can't wait till the next event!

Highlights:
Scooby doo mod! And actually trying to give the coin ghost money, and getting pulled away from the "Come play with me" Ghost.
Everyone who tried to get me to talk.
Seeing people I haven't seen in years. Missed you lots Jen
Conversation between Warlock and Wild Mage.
REMY!
Feast
Becoming a Vassal to Alisandria
Being taught my first event. That's never happened to me before. Thank you!
Yeti Snowball fight

Lowlight:
Actually getting sick ugh that's never good.
Frozen Toes.

Riley Heart
Vassal Of Alisandria
"The Rest Is Silence"

(OOG: Kate Freeman)
08 Mar 2010 21:13 #30 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic March 2010 Highlights
1)  Awesome job getting the plot out to everyone!!  As Blade is my vacation from Osred, I purposely don't go looking into the plot or what's going on at all, and even I got the whole low down on what was happening!!  Good job on that one PCs and Storytellers!

2)  Getting awesome food sent out to Blade when he put himself in quarentine/guard the inn mode during market fair, making it impossible to sell his cigars this month (still sold quiet a few later on!!  My customers know where to go!)

3)  The nice compliments I got as Osred, including Gideon's "important thing" he needed to tell me!  I almost ran back to being Blade :-)

4)  Nice Osred RP on Sunday, catching up with things now that I've been out of the loop for a while.

-OOG Michael Smith
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.905 seconds