March 2010 Highlights

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
08 Mar 2010 21:40 #31 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic March 2010 Highlights

3)  The nice compliments I got as Osred, including Gideon's "important thing" he needed to tell me!  I almost ran back to being Blade :-)

Gideon: "Osred, Osred!  I have something VERY important to tell you!"

Osred: (Looking like a trapped mouse about to get mauled by a bobcat) "What?"

Gideon: "Hello!" *Smile / Handshake*

SO well worth it.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
08 Mar 2010 21:55 - 08 Mar 2010 23:02 #32 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Highlights:
- Meeting some really great new players and PCs
- Finally getting to spend time with some of my favorite people, especially certain players who haven't been to game in what feels like ages (yes I'm looking at YOU- Dan, Josh, Dani!  :P)
- Sage and Remi teaming up for Satyr Wine mischief. Between the invisible animal circus, and Orix faceplanting in the snow after chasing butterflies, I think I might've sprained a laugh muscle.
- Drunk bard lessons
- Actually, just RP with Sage in general. Tristan(Westley) totally rocks my world. "Remi, if this town is ever attacked by alcohol, you and I will be HEROS."  ;D
- OMG FEAST. Diane, someday you're going to come home to find me sitting in your kitchen going "...dinner? <3 "
- Faux-Janus mod Sunday morning
- Baptizing Ilona. Wonderful RP, from the first conversation up through the actual ceremony.
- GETTING ATTUNED TO THE FOCUS!!!  
- Not getting sick OOG this time, in spite of all the cold and wet and gross.
- NPCing Dragoon Mod Friday night- Bob, your taste in appropriately epic music is phenomenal.
- NPC shift part 2- Devil Mod- lots of fun, especially having sick Corrupted Templar stats. Also, hearing Colin McBane exclaim mid-fight: "Agh! I'm too old and fat for this!"

Lowlights:
- Hurry up and wait. (but hey, that's Travance for you.)
- so much cold and wet and gross!
- difficulty fighting in swampy snow.  :-\ Ew.

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
Last edit: 08 Mar 2010 23:02 by .
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
08 Mar 2010 23:26 #33 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic March 2010 Highlights
highlights no particular order
- talkin with the baron

- loved the terrain, only slipped once during npc shift

- first time getting wild shield, too bad it was useless until main mod, also elemental shield in the same event

- Brik saying sorry to me for the bad mouthing Enax thing... and me being stunned after hearing it

- tea party, very fun but we need more party games next time, kinda odd oog seeing a drow at a tea party but it was nice to actually talk with Cinder more, getting complamented by Slack for my mean letter to ilana

-going on the main mod far too high powered for my character but surviving on the front lines and not event falling
idk who: harvest you soul
me: magic resist (wytchwood shield)
idk: speed cast true aim harvest your soul
me: wild shield
anti rubious: incinerate
me: elemental shield, surge cast elemental shield
anti rubious: incinerate
me: elemental shield (falls back to wait for cool-down to recast buffs, and all this happened within five seconds of each other)
things i shouldnt have tried to use grovel on... anit-shalock. anti-tellingshasts, and anti-ardentfyre
meeting  Paladin 43

-druids that love emar

-playing the opposite of emar during npc shift (a mage with no melee ability) and not messing up the verbals as much as i though i would... too bad i almost gave an enemy a stoneskin at one point

lowlights
-expecting more people to yell at me for the previously mentioned letter (would have enjoyed the rp)
-lost on the way home, sry will and justin
-once my feet got wet the first time they would get wet a lot more often

more to come as i think of them

OOG-Mark B
08 Mar 2010 23:40 - 08 Mar 2010 23:46 #34 by MikhailYhatzi (MikhailYhatzi)
Replied by MikhailYhatzi (MikhailYhatzi) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Great game, as usual.  I had a lot of fun.

Lowlights (I'll get these out of the way first):

-Mother Nature: You're a b*tch.  The terrain was muddy and treacherous and we're lucky that we didn't have any serious injuries.  I'll be so glad when we're back in PA, even if it means an extra hour's drive.

-No sleeping space.  It was great to see a huge turnout at the game, but it's another reason why I'll be glad when we're back in PA.

Okay, that's enough of that.  HIGHLIGHTS:

-Getting to NPC for the Dragoon Mod.  It looked really well done.  Now I know why there are so many Dragoons in Travance.  But now I know why sword & board is better than an unwieldy two handed weapon.

-RPing having the plague was exceptionally easy ... since I had a cough for the entire weekend.  About 60% of my coughing was not an act.  Still, seeing the differing reactions to the advent of a very real plague in town was very interesting.  I enjoyed trying to explain to the very afraid infected farmers what was going on.

-Staying up all night talking with cool people and then walking down to the lake to watch the sunrise ... though it was quickly overshadowed by the discovery of BIZARRO MAGNUS!!!!!

-BIZARRO MAGNUS!!!!!!

-Head-scritches for being a good patient ... better than a lollipop.

-Going on the Moss Mod and actually being.somewhat useful.  Getting whacked with the hallucination moss and fighting trees for a while.

-the g-g-g-gromobulous would've gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling townfolk ...

-sing-a-long with the town was a great way to pass time during hurry-up-and-wait.

-Main Mod was a lot of fun.  I like the way that main mod has been the past few times that I've been there with the lower level part and the higher level part.  I know when I first few times I went to KR, it was really dangerous to be a low level in the main mod.  In this mod, I actually felt useful and had fun fighting blobs and spiders.  Still don't know how Hamish, the McBanes, and I fell behind our group and some how ended up ahead of them on the path.  But it was hella fun.

-angst, angst, angst ... Mikhail was so worried that another Gypsy was going to die for Travance.

-Somehow, every problem comes back to the Khitans.  MING-NAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

-Watching Tobar teach Hamish how to insult ... using Gideon as a target.  That was just comical.

-The myriad and sundry conversations had with people, from trading small one liners to deeper discussions of what it means to be Gypsy (Tobar, I'm looking at you).  There are too many to name, but those are what makes this game so much fun.  Can't wait for the next one.

Mikhail Yhatzi of the Yhatzi clan

OOG: Dan N
Last edit: 08 Mar 2010 23:46 by .
  • NeoKross
  • Thank Yous: 0
09 Mar 2010 00:07 #35 by NeoKross (NeoKross)
Replied by NeoKross (NeoKross) on topic March 2010 Highlights
First off I thank everyone enough for making my return event as my PC so incredibly awesome.  Really, I can’t say when I last had such a blast RPing with so many talented people.

Highlights (in no particular order)

-Vampire Cow  & Vampire Cow 2: The Milking.  Moo!

-Not catching the plague until a zombie threw itself into the fire, totally despairing and then getting cheered up by Remi and spending the rest of the event in different levels of intoxication ^.^

-Playing a Wraith Spider during main mod.  I’m totally developing a spider fetish ;p

-Getting involved with Gypsies and Gypsy stuff, and the different levels of acceptance received.  I foresee very good RP in the future with this.

-Satyr Wine hi-jinx FTW

-The whole concept of using IG money for OOG food.  I <3 food.

-Learning -everything- I set out to learn during this event and having some really great RP come from it.  “So what does it mean if Blade is entertaining for feast?”  “ahh…We’re all laughing?”

-Getting much more involved in the main plot than I intended and all the research and learning involved in that (+ getting to root around in the baronial library)

-Feast… mmm… good food + good entertainment.  I can get used to this.

-Intro mod, was really great to get the ball rolling with coming back into Travance after so long and provided a nice sense of foreboding for the rest of the event.

-Lots more that I can’t remember right now.

Lowlights
I need no lowlights, I had such a good time this weekend that anything bad that happened is -far- outweighed by the good.

See you all in May~

Winter Sage Injritti
OOC: Tristan S.
  • Janus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
09 Mar 2010 00:15 #36 by Janus (Janus)
Replied by Janus (Janus) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Dinnerdark. Best land ever.

Janus Ivillious
Court Sorcerer of Winterdark

Every man has his own destiny: the only imperative is to follow it, to accept it, no matter where it leads him.

Mike Dennis

RP Marshal
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
09 Mar 2010 01:40 #37 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic March 2010 Highlights
You know first we made the bizaro magnus jokes, then we found out we were gonna be fighting bizaro versions of towns members... a tad awkward for magnus

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
  • Rannick
  • By the Sword - Live and Die
09 Mar 2010 07:27 #38 by Rannick (Rannick)
Replied by Rannick (Rannick) on topic March 2010 Highlights
-Seeing Wolfgar, again, and all our antics.  We aren't very good influences on one-another ...

-Watching Tobar insult a yeti to death.

-Catching Evil Quin's wrist as she tried to stab me, and then hearing Wolfgar's voice as he laid his sword across the back of her neck: "You'd better back off, missy.  That's my kinsman."  It's good to have big, scary friends.

-Getting my sword master-disarmed to ten feet behind the enemy line, which gave me the chance to sprint through the bad guys, dive head-first into the snow to retrieve in, and then fight my way back to the friendlies.

-Singing "March of Cambreadth" at the top of my lungs.

-Sage.  Period.  He rocked out on the moss-collecting mod, which I was privileged to NPC for, and talking to him for an hour or more on Sunday morning was top-notch RP and loads of fun.

-Remi and Tobar both sang very, very well at feast.

-Tickling Tobar in order to confirm/deny the hypothesis that skittles would drop out.  So far, two minutes of tickling is not enough ...

-Coughing up blood was fun.  I'd never used a blood capsule before.

-Jumping on PCs' backs as a plague-infested goblin.  Thanks for being good sports, guys!

-The moss-collecting mod, as a whole, was a good setup and fun to be a part of - very clever setup that went beyond the "smash-and-grab" principle behind almost any quest.  I hope the PCs enjoyed it, too.

-Helping Wolfgar teach +1 strength.  I'm telling you guys: applying more pushups will fix anything.

-At feast, Rannick learned what a pun is, and what "conjugation" means - even if he can't pronounce it, yet ...

-No, I'm not a dumb barbarian!  Shut up!

-All the staff were really helpful and accommodating whenever I had questions or needed something.

-Sorel's very simple Dragoon test.

-Creed did a great job breaking the news to Rannick.  The sense of buildup, mystery, and confusion was great.

-Vegetarian Shepherd's pie.  Thanks, Billiam.

-Hammish learning to insult.

My one beef?

-High-level people, let the low-level people know what's going on.  We all waited for you to get organized, went along with your battle-groups plan, fought like hell for you, and then waited around in the dark and cold while obnoxious knife-wielding Agaurran dopplegangers were walking around in our midst and you were doing god-knows-what.  I'm sure it was important and helpful and everything, but I'm only guessing at that, and we had to just sit and wait while you did it, so don't take our cooperation for granted.

There's a practical side to this, too: when Evil Quin backed out of the corner she'd gotten into by saying, "Lay one hand on me and the treaty is off," Wolfgar and I both said, "... what treaty?"  We get into enough trouble on our own on purpose without stepping all over interdimensional treaties we don't know about.

--Rannick--

--R--
--Andy--

Those who draw a line between the soldier and the scholar will have their thinking done by cowards and their fighting done by fools.
09 Mar 2010 08:34 - 09 Mar 2010 08:43 #39 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic March 2010 Highlights

-expecting more people to yell at me for the previously mentioned letter (would have enjoyed the rp)

Plague > Yelling at Emar. I made sure to mention this to a few people too.

A few highlights I forgot to mention!

-Learning stuff! Lores, Languages, and things about the town and its people I suspected but didn't know for sure. Awesome what one gets to learn when I sort of have to sit around all day.
-Despite the whole plague thing I got to meet a lot of new people and the majority of them were very nice. Thanks for keeping me sane guys <3
-Getting a bracer from Aahz and every once in awhile someone looking at me in utter confusion "Doesn't that belong to Aahz?" "Yep!" Best. Gift. Ever.
-Being told there were fire thorns on the fire plane and running around with Brik and Angelica trying to figure out how to get there. Fortunately we were told someone had been misinformed and the fire plane was a bad idea.
-Trying to heal the Count. What an interesting situation overall.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 09 Mar 2010 08:43 by .
09 Mar 2010 09:27 #40 by Ashling MacKreagor (Ashling MacKreagor)
Replied by Ashling MacKreagor (Ashling MacKreagor) on topic March 2010 Highlights
I'd gotten about 3/4h of the way through a post yesterday and then my computer decided it hates me so lets try this again.  
Great game I had a blast

Dragoon thing friday night was amazing.  It came at the perfect time for Ashling and was able to make her "get shite done" additude for the rest of the weekend possible.  It was great feeling useful and the mod was rediculously well done and epic

Devil thing was also epic and amazing, who ever came up with that set up/ costume is a genious.  
Not getting to paetros in time to save him and the angsty rp that followed that situation  "Why do all the people I care about always run off and do stupid shite!"  Great RP outside the monistary waiting for him to get brought through the focus, and then him finaly coming back.
Me: Are you ok?
Paetros:  No
Me: do you want to talk about it?
Paetros:  Not yet
Me: Do you want to go get drunk?
Paetros: Absolutly.    
See this is the kind of dealing with emotions I can get behind.  I'm so glad the Yhatzi's are starting to wake up from hibernartion.

Staying up all night, attepting to watch the sun rise on the lake, great rp with Mikal, magnus and ...other guy...sorry don't remeber your name but you're awesome.  It was fun trying to explain that the reason I was afraid to go to bed was because there was someone tied up in there.  Take that as you will.
Managing to avoid plauge by either being out on mods or npcing through the worst of it.

Moss mod was great fun,

celt food was great, good job cooks.  I'm thinking the beer bread will have to happen every kr because it is stupid easy to make.  

Seeing all the terrible and deciding it was time to get shit done because I was sure as hell not sitting around and watching everyone die.  Refusing to let Sorel out of my sight until he taught me how to find my spirit.

...OMG SPIRIT OF THE DRAGON WIN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finaly feeling like a grown up

Great main mod I was so proud of my big cousin collin, it was great finaly having a sheild line to fight behind and tearing through on the front line.  wtf orginzation?

The great kaldonian snow ball fight.   win.  

lowlights.
messing up my knee friday night and it getting progressivly more sucktastc as the weekend went on, thanks gene for the icy hot and frank for the ib profin.  stupid snow is stupid.

around respawn ten or so playing plauge zombie with 1000 body i seriously wanted to die.  Even when you're pulling blows 300 or so hits before you drop hurts alot after a while

Great fun, don't know if i can  make april but if at all possible i'll be there.

Go big or go home

ooc:  Terri DePrima
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
09 Mar 2010 09:30 #41 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic March 2010 Highlights

Plague > Yelling at Emar. I made sure to mention this to a few people too.

well, thats reasonable, but i know there were a lot of others that kinda just still hung out with emar instead of giving him guff

OOG-Mark B
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
09 Mar 2010 10:46 #42 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic March 2010 Highlights

But now I know why sword & board is better than an unwieldy two handed weapon.

i dunno about that. i use a polearm and didn't get touched once on any mod  ;D

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
09 Mar 2010 11:53 #43 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic March 2010 Highlights

i dunno about that. i use a polearm and didn't get touched once on any mod  ;D

Pfft... Dagger is the way to go.  You run into a shield wall with a dagger and no armor,  you'd be surprised how often they scatter >.>

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
09 Mar 2010 11:59 #44 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic March 2010 Highlights
I did pretty well for myself with only a dagger and leather bracers  :P

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
09 Mar 2010 12:05 #45 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic March 2010 Highlights

You know first we made the bizaro magnus jokes, then we found out we were gonna be fighting bizaro versions of towns members... a tad awkward for magnus

so did any one spot bizaro-bizaro-magnus?

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
09 Mar 2010 12:16 #46 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic March 2010 Highlights
I should be going to class, but instead, I'm addicted to this thread. What an awesome event!

Briefly, and to be expanded upon later:
Friday:
+the black keep/reaching room was fun and close by
-my left hand is still bruised from the damn chronicler mod, which was, however, super fun
+s'mores!
+Alistair healing me of plague twice in a row, hiding behind him and Solomon with Ilona

Saturday:
+yeti mod (I'm Legolas?)
+main mod and cyric turning and telling me I was an awesome shot
+song time before main mod
-waiting for everything!
-getting plague again finally when I went to go find Collin for the celts that showed up
+Slugger Thompson's second chance (x3)

Sunday:
+relaxing/being lazy
+cake

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
  • Miso
  • Thank Yous: 1
09 Mar 2010 13:44 #47 by Miso (rafael45)
Replied by Miso (rafael45) on topic March 2010 Highlights
ill make this a short one
first highlight: playing the "ooze!" at main mod. sorry to all the PCs who lost there weapons to me, at least you got them back :P
next was the Sunday mod, even tho we did not get the guys heart back, it was the best combat I had all weekend. good job to everyone involved.
and last but not least: learning dodge from Lethias. don't worry guys my glasses got fixed.

May the spirits guide your path
Miso
(OOG Rafael Mayorga)
09 Mar 2010 13:47 #48 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Funnest. Event. EVAR.

FRIDAY:
-Being hit with the plague within the first hour, then being healed by Aleister (but then being hit again on Saturday, go me. XD)
-Seeing everyone again is always a plus
-OOG awesomeness before lay on, and getting all of the silliness out before going into character
-Getting a beautiful necklace from Clark
-Getting my first Parasol from Dan
-Finally getting to get back into character, it seemed like forever. She seemed more laid back this time
- Speaking with Baoyu about more Khitanese stuff

SATURDAY:
-Being woken up by Misaki with "Kamei, teach me, teach." (To which he received a glare)
-Getting to go on Khitan plot and fight Onii for the first time =D
-Watching the plagued throw themselves into the fire
- Seeing Sorel holding one back from jumping into the fire yelling, "MAUL HER!! MAUL HER! SOMEBODY MAUL HER!". I couldn't help but laugh.
-Watching Dan play "Boris the Londwynian Miner", It would've been just as funny if it wasn't ass o'clock.
quote: "I cannot get you whores! I'm a miner!" XDD
-Getting to have fun with the Celts, it's always a good time ^_^
- Awesome fun lesson from Maxwell, like always~
- Also..MORE KHITANESE!!!!!!! Cha!
-Getting to sleep in an actual bed!!
-Being cured of the plague!
-But before that! Kamei walked out onto the porch, after maybe an hour into stage two, and walks up the Maxwell, who was talking to a group::
"Sensei, after you finish speaking, could you take a look at me?"
"Oh, god dammit"
XD It was funny. He cured me, and pushed the condition back to stage one, and told me he cured it with his rage, lmao.
-FEAST WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!
-We were told by Father Edwin that if we coughed in his direction during feast, he would take it as a threat and try to attack us. It was tempting not to test him (felt that urge in the oog part of my mind of course XD)

NPC Shift::
-Best shift ever. Got to play a Rat with multiple rezzes to entertain the groups of people being led by Magnus, Misaki and Colin. So much fun!! Hope you PC's for low level mod had lots of fun!
-Watching the oozes literally roll down the hill and towards the large group before standing up and fighting. I had to contain my laughter.
-Slipping and falling on my butt in the snow in front of everyone while running to the maze. I never knew one could slip and fall on snow....

SUNDAY:
-Celt Snowball fight!!!!! Nuff said. (Poor Hamish with snow to the face...hehe)
-Getting snow down the back of my kimono x_x
-Wearing my new corset under my kimono ^_^
-Learning Monster Lore: True Warlock. They're really interesting...
-Not having to worry about a lot of stuff this event, yay for packing light!
-Getting to relax and hang out with everyone in game, even though Kamei is kind of uptight, even she felt relief after being cured of that plague

Lowlight:
-Sleeping in Shanty Town on the floor near the photographer Friday night into Saturday. IT WAS COLD!!!!! I woke Bill/Tsoli up with my shivering and I had to be half a foot away from him.

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
  • Miso
09 Mar 2010 14:01 #49 by Miso (rafael45)
Replied by Miso (rafael45) on topic March 2010 Highlights

Getting to go on Khitan plot and fight Onii for the first time =D

almost forgot about that. It was nice to finally be involved in the Khitan plot. sorry to all the NPC's that were waiting on us to finish tho.

May the spirits guide your path
Miso
(OOG Rafael Mayorga)
09 Mar 2010 15:31 #50 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic March 2010 Highlights

My one beef?

-High-level people, let the low-level people know what's going on.  We all waited for you to get organized, went along with your battle-groups plan, fought like hell for you, and then waited around in the dark and cold while obnoxious knife-wielding Agaurran dopplegangers were walking around in our midst and you were doing god-knows-what.  I'm sure it was important and helpful and everything, but I'm only guessing at that, and we had to just sit and wait while you did it, so don't take our cooperation for granted.

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents about this, since I've heard similar complaints in the past.  It is not my intention to sound like a jerk about this, but I might.

Really what this comes down to is RP.  No one is going to just come out and make some big announcement saying "Hey guys, we formed a treaty with bizzaro-world Travance!"  It's just not practical.  Want to know what's going on?  Try asking someone.  What you put into an event is what you'll get out of it.  There are plenty of low level characters who make it a point to stay involved in the going-ons throughout the weekend.  I think James and Kyle did a particularly good job this event involving anyone who wanted to be involved.  I mean heck, James even made an IG post saying that anyone who wanted to know what was going on could seek him out as the Count.  I fully understand that it can sometimes be confusing as to what's going on.  The mods throughout a weekend are force-fed to the PCs, but the information is not.  What this can lead to is a sense of "Why are we doing this?" if you don't make it a point to keep yourself involved.  And really, there are very few people who will turn you away if you come to them seeking information, or looking for a way to help.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's not our intention to keep you in the dark.  At the same time, we're not going to make it a point to tell each and every person individually what is going on.  If you find yourself lost in a "huh?" type moment, just ask someone IG.  Just keep in mind that not everything will be shared with you all the time.  This doesn't have to do with your level, but rather the IG politics surrounding certain situations.  Even as a high level character, I'm certain that I would get stonewalled if I tried asking questions about the Dragoon plot, because well, I'm not a Dragoon.  More often than not, however, I think that if you try asking around, you'll find people pretty receptive and approachable about your IG questions.

With that said, I had an excellent time this weekend.  Well played, JamesCKimball.com.

--Sean

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 70
09 Mar 2010 15:47 #51 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Replied by Fogrom (Fogrom) on topic March 2010 Highlights
I agree with what Sean said and will add that if you feel left in the dark as your character, make an issue about it as your character. If you feel as though the plot is too exclusive, then certainly make your opinions known in an OOG context such as this (or better still, and event recap form). But if the problem is with how other characters treated your character, take it up IG.

All too often I think that low-level characters get shafted because their players think that's just how the game is. Break out of that mode of thinking and imagine that your character has been asked to put his or her life on the line, or to wait in the cold and darkness for an hour, without getting a straight answer out of anyone. Now act accordingly. You will find that the players (and staff) at this game will praise that kind of role-play.

Even if their characters continue to stonewall you.  ;)

Regarding my own event highlights, as always they involve characters that I cannot name and incidents that I cannot divulge. But you ladies and gentlemen are awesome and you make running the plot a ridiculous amount of fun.

Matt White
09 Mar 2010 16:16 #52 by Vincent of Winterdark (Cecil)
Replied by Vincent of Winterdark (Cecil) on topic March 2010 Highlights
As another storyteller at KR, I absolutely would like to echo Matt White's comment above.  Don't let other character's stonewall you in-game.  You will find when somebody tells you "you can't go with us".. it's rarely an OOG game logistic, but rather somebody else trying to make sure they get all the loot and glory.  :)

Same goes for interesting looking NPCs that show up with important information.  Go right on up and talk with them and find out what they're all about.  Who knows where it'll take you... but quite possibly it's to a mod site.  Don't wait for somebody else to go talk to them and find out what's going on, in fact..  get there first.  :D

Doug

Master Vincent of Winterdark
Black Serpent Merchant's Guild
[hr]

[hr]
oog Doug
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
09 Mar 2010 16:39 #53 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic March 2010 Highlights
I'm not disputing anything said in the last 3-4 posts because I agree with ALL those points! Over all the many years I've larped I've noticed one major consistancy, and this is in several game systems, and that is that those who inquire and ask and try to get involved, they wind up in the know (unless they are total a$$'s when doing so lol). Those who are wallflowers, they usually sit back in the corners and mutter about all the wrongs they think are done to them by being left out. Its like your first school dance, guy or gal, you ask someone to dance with you, you dance. You don't, you sit and watch.

Now, with that said, I also would like to give a retort to plot on the other side of this :) While doing so I wholeheartedly endorse the Post-Event Feedback forms (tap tap - new players!!!) as I do have faith that they are not only being read by staff, but are being responded to (within reason, I'm still awaiting my uber artifact of nu-nah and I'm gettng impatient - j/k). So......storytellers, if you aren't doing so already, consider sending out pieces to your plot puzzle specifically targeted to the lowbies, and not just in mods please (although that is a nice means to do so). There's lots of ways, that aren't on a silver platter, that will force the info to flow up from the lower levels (and non-high ranking titles) rather than have to make it flow down. I know this isn't something new, but it can often be forgotten. In a simple militaristic format (yeah, I'm dumbing it down), scouts get the info and report it to the Sgts, who go to to the Lt's and thos to the Captain, and up and up each rank to the Generals. Its rare that a birdy will land on a General first. This gives players who aren't in the power structure a chance to be the hero in small ways, and an opening for them to get involved. Spood fed? No, but a small effort can spread the wealth around and a low level player discovering a goblin in the woods who pleads for his life to be spared, or an undead who just wishes to be released from the bonds of his Lich master to tell a low level something critical that can go up the chain to become an important piece in a larger plot puzzle could be a shining moment for that player (or players).

Again, I'm confident you all get that, but both sides need to be represented :)

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
09 Mar 2010 16:43 #54 by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar)
Replied by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Mitch, I love you.

Highlights coming soon.....

Colin

OOG: Frank Martinez
09 Mar 2010 16:43 #55 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic March 2010 Highlights
When I first came to the game, I was on the outside looking in.  I didn't know too many people, I wasn't useful at all in combat, or for any skill I had.  I was a priest of Chronicler... which meant I had a social stigmata from some previous situations that didn't involve me.  I say this, to let you know I understand where you are coming from.  I had no idea what was going on, and I'd be lead out to main mod with everyone else, even though I had no skills that anyone could use, (I literally didn't get a weapon I could use until my 2nd year).  I say this to let you know, that I was on the 'outside' of plot... by a lot.

I spent the first four months eavesdropping on every conversation I could get within 5-10 feet of, quietly jotting down notes.  Then, one day, a bunch of 'higher level' characters forgot something that had happened a few months before.  I flipped through my books, walked up to them, and read to them what had happened.  They looked at me, looked at the book, and from then on, I was a key member of most crazy expeditions.  Now I play Blade so I can get a rest from being too involved, and having too many expectations on me.

So, I really echo the 'just do it' attitude.  Yes, there are players who will keep secrets.  Yes, there are players who will not continue to share secrets with you if you are known to blab them.  However, this particular event there was fairly good communication as to what was going on, and if there was a delay before main mod, that is likely not the 'higher levels' fault as much as the typical 'hurry up and wait' that occurs when getting ready for main mod.

As someone who has been involved, it is fun, and the storytellers have an amazing world to explore and know about!  Every plot marshal wants you to have some clue about what the plot was about, as its their story, they want it heard and told.  Seek out ways to find out, and hopefully you find what you are looking for!  I think that Mitch made some nice points about what storytellers can do to get that info out around past the secret squirrels!

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
09 Mar 2010 17:11 #56 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Just my .02... while I agree it's up to the player to find out what's going on, sometimes they need to realize that some folks just don't want other people knowing things.  "Mr. Lvl50 Warrior" knows that a rare box with magic is somewhere nearby.  He also knows a Lich is after it.  When "Ms. Lvl3 Healer" asks what's going on and what needs to be found, Mr. Lvl50 says "something magical", keeping it vague.  Why you ask?  Cause Mr. Lvl50 Warrior is worried that the Lich will go around, Dominating and questioning anyone nearby for info.  Mr. Lvl50 is safe, but he can't hang around to protect Ms. Lvl3 if she knows something.

Ignorance can be bliss... or protection.  If you don't know, you can't be questioned or placed at risk.

I recall going around Friday night asking "What's going on?" and getting no answer.  I asked Lethias and he said he was also in the dark.  So... sometimes even high lvl folks don't always know what's going on.

It's not always about lvls as well, as this past event showed, now politics are coming into the game.  This can add a really cool, new dynamic to the game... but beware as it may seem like some people are being exclusive.

I'm a wallflower... so I will ask what's going on, but not be all that active/gung-ho in trying to find out.  Some folks are different.  Either way... just because you ask, doesn't mean you will always get it.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
09 Mar 2010 18:40 #57 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic March 2010 Highlights
There's (yet) another angle to things - it's a part of what your character would do or tell other PCs.

For example, at the Feb. event, there was a mod into the Howling Void, the hell that is home to Galmachis, to bargain with a Galamachian devil.  Under no circumstances was this going to be easy - the group was dealing with a minion of death, incarnate, on its home turf, and it had something they wanted.  No one was asked to go.  No one was commanded.  In fact, it was said up front that it would likely be a 50% death rate for people who went.

Under those conditions, no leader in their right mind would say it's OK for an inexperienced adventurer to join them on a trip into Hell, literally.  Heck, most of the high level PCs, myself included, balked at going, and stayed behind.  If a veteran tells you "You're a fool for going," it's not because they want all the loot for themselves, it might be because they don't want you to die, get taken hostage, or something similar.  Being a mostly non-combat PC, I very often do not go on adventures specifically so that I don't become a speed bump for the rest of the party, even at Level 40.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Sirides
09 Mar 2010 18:53 #58 by Sirides (ChrisZ)
Replied by Sirides (ChrisZ) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Not to be rude, but can we keep this a highlights thread?

OOG: Chris

IG: Siri'des Vael'senwe
09 Mar 2010 19:05 #59 by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai)
Replied by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Highlights:
- Being able to repair my own armor.
- Eating cold oatmeal and having Collin come over and offer a "real meal" of which I then ate bread pudding with chopsticks XD
- Not only getting to go on a Khitanese Investigation of the Kunei, but being chosen to lead the group as their captain.
- Getting attacked by Oni after we found out everything we could and retreating back to Travance.
- The imagery of Antrum walking into a burning building to retrieve a body and back out, without the fire so much as giving him a sunburn.
- Feast and being awarded by Father Edwin during it.
- Gathering the Khitanese for praying to our ancestors on Sunday Morning. BTW, guys (and gals!) I'm going to try to have a Ancestor "Shrine" set up at every event so that anyone can use it to ask their ancestors for forgiveness be it necessary.
-All of the new Khitan in town. I look forward to learning more about you (as well as some of the more permanent residence) and I enjoyed all of the amazing role-play and stories that were had IG.
- Trying to keep people from being infected and from being infected myself. Including using "Intercept 2 Plague, no effect." to keep another character from being infected.

Lowlights:
- NPCing low level main mod was a mess. I hate snow. T.T  

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

To add to what everyone else is saying without this becoming a disbursement of information discussion; I actually had a moment where this applied on saturday afternoon. As a player I am keen to involve as many people in something as I possibly can without there being too many of us for the marshal to handle. I blame 11+ years and 98% of my gaming experience being a Dungeonmaster. But in this situation I actually had to buckle-down In-Character and say "No! You cannot come. This is a Khitan matter." to a group of people who were following us out of the Inn. OOG I felt bad, but it was what my character would have done given the situation he was in. Btw, sorry about that Oakroot and others!

Additionally, here I had no idea about the Moss Mod or Dan as a miner, though i wish i could have been there for both. I realize that it is impossible to see everything in a weekend so that is why i believe we should always do our best to RP the situations we are given because you might just end up the envy of everyone else because of it.

OOG: -Adam C. Schaeffer
  • Evadne
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Im a Druid
09 Mar 2010 19:25 #60 by Evadne (Evadne)
Replied by Evadne (Evadne) on topic March 2010 Highlights
Highlights:
- Every npc who signed up for the Friday night shift showing up A+
- Doing plague makeup lots of fun
-Going to sleep right after my shift because it was so cold.
-Tobar's mini interrogation
-Creeds epic fail
-Same thing that Matt White said
-Nobles meeting (well the last 30 minutes of it anyway)
-The talk with the Baron and the new elves
-Pre-main mod nobles meeting in the inn. (I couldn't hear a thing)
-Team slash and grab
-Main mod seeing evil versions of the same pc's is always fun for me
-2am Quick Chek

Low Lights:
-Someone getting a concussion, however not needing to go to the hospital was a relief.
-Mouse!!! ( I swear it followed me from home)

Jackie GIBS
Safety Deputy
RP Marshal
Monster Marshal
Rules Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.826 seconds