December Event Highlights!

• Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
07 Dec 2010 13:28 #31 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic December Event Highlights!
It was great to be back again :) Even though I was only there for Saturday afternoon, those few hours were packed with awesome!

Highlights
-Colin was knighted. Hooray! Watching the Celts tease him afterward was almost as good. "Sir McKraegar gets his cupcake on a silver platter! Here you go, Sir McKraegar!"
-Hammish eating the skins of the "cupcake fruit". I still can't believe Ian actually ate the paper >.>
-Physician lessons with Dr. Maxwell. Illana's reaction while watching was priceless!
-Mage list and more lessons with Gideon! Everything's so shiny and colorful :)
-The Kaladonian administrative meeting. I'm told I looked the proper Londwyn when I stained my teeth blue with ink trying to clean my pen >.>
-Seeing everyone again was, of course, the best part of my time there.

Lowlights
I intended to get there early enough for the tea party mod, but I overslept -_- And now I'm not the only person with Lore: Economics - you did that just to annoy me, didn't you Charlie? :p

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
07 Dec 2010 13:37 #32 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic December Event Highlights!

-Hammish eating the skins of the "cupcake fruit". I still can't believe Ian actually ate the paper >.>

Depends on the paper really.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
07 Dec 2010 15:16 #33 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic December Event Highlights!

-Physician lessons with Dr. Maxwell. Illana's reaction while watching was priceless!

"...I don't think you're supposed to do that to a Gargoyl-" *SNAP* "Nevermind."

Also making the gargoyle noises was highly amusing

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
07 Dec 2010 18:30 #34 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic December Event Highlights!
Don't forget to send in event recaps, we really do listen to your feedback!

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
07 Dec 2010 18:55 #35 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic December Event Highlights!
There truly are no words for the absolute awesomeness of this weekend for me. Yes, I say that after what happened to Winks Saturday night. In fact, that was a large part of what made the event so awesome. The level of RP from everyone I interacted with was fantastic, and I feel I was able to really turn myself up a notch in response. I won't go into any detail, and will just say I greatly look forward to the coming months.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
07 Dec 2010 19:02 #36 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic December Event Highlights!
Seeing the results of the start-up remodeling.
Collecting firewood with Jeff's [strike]APC[/strike] Truck.  The camp generated its own wood, from natural fall, for the entire weekend with a touch remaining.  There is a bunch more.  
Yeah, the first time is a high light

There were a lot of things. in no particular order:

Lots of research panning out.  Year long research projects are long, but the potential is enormous.  In any case, knowledge is gained

NO MORE LEPROSY.  Also some good RP with Mahoney and Dough E.  There are more unknown ceremonies just waiting for a patient, thorough researcher.

Sorcery ritual scene with Drew being un-corrupted by Mike J and Quags.   They were in sync, the RP was sublime (Mike was perspiring and it was not due to the temperature).  Geoff S brings a lot to the scene when he marshals and as the Corruption was both Divine and Magical I was able to participate verbally.

NPCing as Baron Henry Devay, with Justice and Carla making much of bit roles.  Ditto for the guards, attendant ladies, and my adviser.  Excellent RP with Joe Bondi and MB, who were later joined by K Peyton.  On the fly I came up with my own ideas, as we were merely a beard for a mini-Derick Mod for plot.  Had such a good time I want to reprise the role.

Cassandra "Is it true you plan on taking a summer vacation in Travance?"
Baron DeVay:  "Yes."
Cassandra "Do you know anything about Travance?"

Mass

Un-corrupting Jackie A.  Mahoney went heavy with the sprinkling of holy water.  Jackie can swear like a sailor and as the ceremony began, she started.  Dominate "Do not speak."  Released her one minute with one minute to go as that is IG necessary.  IKn 60 seconds she insulted my maleness three different ways and made several anatomical suggestions, none of which I am capable of performing.  She also had a few choice words for Valos and others.  Strangely enough, she said nothing to Mahoney, probably because she was still going strong at the end, with no repetitions.  No way on Gaia's green earth could I have listened to that for ten minutes.  Could have been a very tough ten minutes.

An otherwise boring Sunday morning being rescued by Oros, Tim, Chris and some others.

Fighting a liche almost single-handed and killing him - temporarily.  
Will be opening a tree of future RP.

More, but it takes me a bit to recover, esp after actually doing things the past few days.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
07 Dec 2010 19:05 #37 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic December Event Highlights!
<<And now I'm not the only person with Lore: Economics - you did that just to annoy me, didn't you Charlie? :p>>

It ties in with Edwin's development.  Exchequer, banker, successful entrepreneur, etc.  Annoying you was a bonus.  ;D

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Radu Dragovic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • -Death is but a Door-
  • Thank Yous: 1
08 Dec 2010 10:48 #38 by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic)
Replied by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic) on topic December Event Highlights!
To restate what Andy said please fill out your event recap. It only takes a couple minutes of your time and they really do help and they are read. Not by me but the officers love and use the input. Thanks

Radu Dragovic-Guild Grave Digger and Carpenter of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

-Death is but a doorway, we are richer to of know you and luckier still to have called you friend-

OOG: Jeff Mclean
08 Dec 2010 15:29 #39 by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU)
Replied by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU) on topic December Event Highlights!
For those that need a link: www.knightrealms.com/event-recap-form.html

-Crispin VanDyke

Christopher K. (AKA "Ginger Guy")
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
11 Dec 2010 02:32 #40 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic December Event Highlights!

Friday:
picking what would end up as one of the best spots to sleep in shanty town.
having most of the local dragoon population drool over my new poking stick. (that double-ended polearm)

*Ice elementals are outside* does anyone else see the ice elementals outside?
*a little back and forth with gideon later, and invoking the spell he put on my polearm*
oh c'mon! it's dead already?

going on patrol.

saturday:
Fighting alongside Kamen Warclaw (sorry if I misspelled the name) and finally getting to beat something with my polearm.
being able to get my polearm silvered (WOOT! thanks Gideon! I owe you one!)

sunday...
one bad thing from this weekend: having to leave early to beat the snowstorm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.569 seconds