November 2011 Highlights

• Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
07 Nov 2011 23:07 #31 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic November 2011 Highlights

- Death fiending both at the stump and inn, leaping and climbing and hiding then calling resilience on the nut shot from Misaki, dude it happens but it was priceless to have the defense and call it.

I'm sorry Bill!  Twas a mistake but I still feel bad about that  :-X

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Life is simple, but we insist on making it complex
  • Thank Yous: 63
07 Nov 2011 23:24 #32 by Tsoli (Tsoli)
Replied by Tsoli (Tsoli) on topic November 2011 Highlights

- Death fiending both at the stump and inn, leaping and climbing and hiding then calling resilience on the nut shot from Misaki, dude it happens but it was priceless to have the defense and call it.

I'm sorry Bill!  Twas a mistake but I still feel bad about that  :-X

Dude all is good and forgiven, in fact having the defense to call made it worth it, balls of steel, 5 mins later its like it never happens.

T'soli Silverbow of House Silverbow

If we call for the proof and we question the answers,
Only the doubt will grow

OOG: Bill Friederich - Live while you Live
Kitchen Marshal
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
07 Nov 2011 23:49 - 08 Nov 2011 00:21 #33 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic November 2011 Highlights
Wow.....so I wasnt going to post but after seeing Greg's post, I rather have to.

Friday-

-Undead (most likely)
-True Warlocks, bears, honor combat oh my?
-Talking to people new and old
-The 2 hour lesson in the spirit realm <3
-SLEEPING

Saturday-

-Have I mentioned I don't remember much?
-Market faire = food = Liz was considerably happier
-Teaching with Shen. I have sooooo missed sparring and learning. I felt so bad that Luis was hurt but I was pleasantly surprised when Derrick asked what I wanted to learn.
-Talking with Shen pretty much ALL day- it will never happen again so I treasured it as it lasted

NPC-

-Yay goblin mage. I can spellcast illusion and enchantment like nothing else and I had all the spells. I was very satisfied.
-Fallow- I don't know what I can say- it was one of the best roles I've ever had. I got so into character that even after I got back into Mae, I kept reliving all of the mothers feelings. I do so hope that continues because continuity is awesome. Also-

Dear Fallow-

Find me first. Only a irreparably evil mother would willingly grant you her children. As it is, I have gotten Amara a puppy- a real one. She will learn to adapt.

<3

-SHOWER= omgincredible

Sunday-

Khitan related things? Awesome!

See you guys next event- I had so much fun! I wish it wasn't so far away. Take care all!

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
Last edit: 08 Nov 2011 00:21 by .
  • Livia
  • "If I look back, I am lost."
  • Thank Yous: 0
08 Nov 2011 01:34 #34 by Livia (Livia)
Replied by Livia (Livia) on topic November 2011 Highlights
My highlights are so self-indulgent that it's kinda distressing. I'm going to post them anyway.

Friday --
*3 minutes with Zafrin. They were painful. Marvelous, but painful.

*Sleep. Somewhat sadly. And discovering that I actually do have enough clothes to be warm at KR without buying too much more.

*Personal Boo: Straight up forgetting to head down to the Stump to help out. It just completely slipped my mind. Sorry, gentlemen.

Saturday --
*Apple pancakes. Heck yeah, MaryBeth. You cook like a champ. 

*Staying in Lucas' room. This was kinda an all-event thing, but I very much like the atmosphere in there. Thanks to Goley for sharing his space, and to Mars, Tori, Laura and Jason as well. Laura, we are going to rock out our cabin decor next month. Just sayin. I have plans.

*30 mins before my NPC shift, having a runner (!) come to the Inn to fetch me down to the Stump to be Shen's memory. You know you've taken a step up the ladder of Travance when someone sends a runner for you. Well, that, or you're in serious trouble... Heh. Also, that 30 mins at the Stump showed me that I would have something to look forward to RP wise once I was done with my shift. I needed that.

NPC Shift (despite missing the Mage Guild meeting /and/ the Bard Meeting I hadn't even known was happening):
*Not hating it. Being still not so much a fan of boffer combat, I generally ever-so-slightly dread NPC shifts, but I managed much better this time. I attribute this to:

*Master Florentine. Heck yeah. I can actually do it! Even against sword and board. Now if only I could manage to move my feet as well....and learn some of the skills that go with such things....Yeah, as if. Heh.

*Malycite partywrecker/corrupted wolf/Galmachian assassin teamwork. Harlee, you kept me chill, so thank heavens for you. And I very much appreiate a group of NPCs (nicely spotted, Elias) who see that things are getting a little off track, pull the punches after a serious challenge outside of main mod, and leave the PCs with thier lives - but a sense that things could have been way, way worse. This is to say, I very much appreciate a group of NPC players who remember what Mike Smith told them at the beginning of the shift. It's not about winning - it's about giving the players a challenge, and making the game fun.

./cheerleading for NPCs and Mike Smith and Larry Wile

More Saturday --
*Getting a bit further into the things that I've been aiming for since starting playing at KR. It's easy away from game to be patient with these things, but when actually at the event and feeling like you've got nothing to do because all the people you might want to chat with are busy with much more important things, it's not so easy to be patient. I am glad, though, that there are a couple of people who recognise what I'm looking to do, and are making an effort to help me get involved. Thanks - you all know who you are!

*Newbie Mod. Thank heavens for Goley, who knew I'd never even made it onto a newbie mod. And thank you, thank you to Greg for 1) providing an almost completely RP mod, which is something I (and others, so far as I can tell) would love to see more of and 2) giving new players the chance to reintroduce an old villian to the town. Usually we're the ones saying, "Huh?" when someone mentions a long-standing villian. It's nice to be on the other side with a fresh perspective. Also, my first insanity! Hooray!

*One more Newbie Mod thing -- Elias, as Hob, straight playing Distraction whilst Gornak (I think? the new Hobgoblin) and Livia stole the shit out of as many ritual components as we could manage. Masterful.

*Maxwell, Winks and Livia chatting - and Livia explaining how when she gets bored, it's rarely a good thing for anyone. Maxwell, apparently alarmed at Livia's discription of boredom activities, Psychoanalizes her. The look on Ben's face when I told him what the Insanity was (which was clearly unrelated to what Livia was talking about and is really just how Livia is) was marvelous. "Um... you should talk to me later," says he. Pah! Not without a noble requiring it! 

*Shen - and possibily Billiam - getting an inkling about Livia's personality, Shen through a number of little conversations. And setting up next month's - er - festivities with Billiam. Baby steps, and closer.

Sunday --
*Off with their heads!

*There was much joy in people coming up to Livia, tendering their sympathies as to how difficult it must have been for her to announce and witness the execution of Darson Vett ordered by the Magistrate -- and likely not a one of them having the faintest idea how amazingly right yet completely, utterly wrong they were. I should have worn the red and gold on Sunday, rather than the silver.... Just sayin.

*Learning that there's actually Bard plot. Holy crap! I shall cross my fingers and poke at the correct people to make sure that I don't miss out on this one. Because I am SO looking forward to it.

*Teasing poor Lathiel. But Livia made a promise to Elizar, and she's going to keep it. Sorry, Nick. Heh.

*I say this every time, but lessons with Gideon are ALWAYS fantastic. Geoff, you are a joy. Thank you.

Livia Kitaitshka Arkanian
Magistrate of Travance

====
OOG: Kat S.

(Alt: Li Song)

"I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there." -- Oscar Wilde
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
08 Nov 2011 14:16 #35 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic November 2011 Highlights
OK, since no one menioned it, the 6 year old Hobbit with armor and a wand.  Norm, as Ardin, explaining what a real wand can do.  A great conversation on which to evesdrop.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
08 Nov 2011 14:39 #36 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic November 2011 Highlights
This weekend was...wow. Ok, so I didn't do much combat, but hey, that's what I get for tri-classing into another caster, right?

-Attempting girl's night in, with Mother Arabeth, Mother Remi and Sister Leandra ended up to everyone coming in and us going "Screw it" and enjoying cake and getting drunk  ;D
-NPC Duty:
-Going out as Agguaran Torturers with the vaguest quest possible. "We are looking for a book i the library. And the key will lead us to the book."
-Only being able to torture one guy was a bit disappointing IG. OOG, you are a terrific sport dude, sorry for waking you!
-Breakfast was delicious. Thanks Marybeth for the omelette  ;D
-Market Faire, loved seeing Dra again, though I wish I had the cash for some sashes...
-Ooooh! And Tsoli's tea! Yumyumyumyumyumyum
-Light Mass. Being coerced to speak, and being nervous as hell at announcing myself as Mother Marika. Gah!
-Ridigan giving Marika his leather armor and then draping her cloak around the massive shoulders...I looked sooooooo weird
-First day as a Priestess and hey! Marika's helping to desecrate a Rank V Agguaran Alter...Oy
-Singing love songs at said alter, and having Steve Oros ready to smash his head in cuz of it.
-ArcanKnight (sp?) eating every magic item in it's path, including mythils and Gabriel's door...and the magic item relic
-Skorpor...nuff said
-Getting entangled in the maze trying to find Lord Fallow, just to find he was already gone.
-Being asked by the Magistrate to bring Darson Vett back through the focus. It feels nice to be the first gone to.
-Helping Seamus with a Willpower lesson. Won't say how  ;)

Was a really good weekend, lots of good RP. Cannot wait for December event

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
09 Nov 2011 17:56 #37 by Starrea123 (Starrea123)
Replied by Starrea123 (Starrea123) on topic November 2011 Highlights
This was my first KR event and even though I was confused out of my mind most of the time, I had more fun over the weekend then I have had in a while. Most memorable moments were:

-making new friends
-having fun with my best friend Jessi
-running to the showers
-all the time spent at the Inn
-being attacked at the Inn by ghost pirates and being taken down almost immediately
-buying my dagger and it one-damage awesomeness
-trying to remember everyone's name

I can't wait till next month, building a staff and creating a warmer wardrobe as we speak!

-Tsura Petrovic

OOG: Sharon C.

Tsura Petrovic

OOG: Sharon C.
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
09 Nov 2011 18:16 #38 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic November 2011 Highlights
Hi Sharon!

One of the reasons we only allow photos of people for Avatars is this very reason - hopefully, you'll begin to match names to faces a lot faster now that you know who people are!

As always, if anyone has a photo they want converted to an Avatar, just PM or email me with the link or photo!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
09 Nov 2011 18:54 #39 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic November 2011 Highlights
This was my first game as well, and I had a BLAST, despite how much time was spent in the kitchen

Some highlights for me include:
-Meeting so many awesome people, both IG and OOG
-Bar tending while being amused by three other Kiterians and a gypsy dancing and playing keep away
-Getting to learn Brewing from Lewis/Quan Liu.  The lesson was AMAZING.
-Getting to NPC a Master Bard and realizing how amazing my character has the potential of being....waaay in the future
-The whole event with Lord Fallow (I think I was the only person who was there who didn't actually get seen by him)
-All the awesome kitchen conversations, and having a hand in the amazing food for feast
-Learning to make and serve bacon while keeping kosher myself

My list would be much longer should I be able to put words to many of the smaller things that happened.  Many thanks especially to Tzigana and Elric for many of them.

Can't wait 'til next month, and becoming a scholar ^^

~Almat Shirana
OOG: Sharone H-H

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
09 Nov 2011 21:08 #40 by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
Replied by Cedric Moss (mastermike) on topic November 2011 Highlights

Hi Sharon!

One of the reasons we only allow photos of people for Avatars is this very reason - hopefully, you'll begin to match names to faces a lot faster now that you know who people are!

As always, if anyone has a photo they want converted to an Avatar, just PM or email me with the link or photo!

I am holding off on the Avatar photos until the October pictures come out. There were a lot of me taken, and hopefully I find one I like.

"If I heal you every time this happens, how then will you ever learn to properly choose your battles? Come see me after the clotting begins. That way I'll know you had enough time to think on how to better handle yourself the next time you get angry."

Cedric Moss
Healer, Mage, and Vassal to Alisandria

OOG: Mike Lamkins
10 Nov 2011 16:30 #41 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic November 2011 Highlights
-Gypsy plot on Friday night was awesome.  Liam, you always do a quality job as the Seer.  Steve, I tip my hat to you.
-The letter Rudolph found boggled everyone in the Mage's Guild.  Well done to whoever sent that out.
-It's been said several times, but I feel it bears repeating: MaryBeth, you're an excellent cook.  Thank you very much for breakfast!
-To the person who beat me up Saturday afternoon: very well done.  I've never seen a more professional shakedown.  ;D
-Feast was excellent, as is always the case when Diane cooks it.
-Lashea, the Bedouin dancer who performed at feast, was a wonderful treat.  While Travance has a lot of good singers, its always nice to get some variety. 
-Surprisingly, I managed to keep up a Hero's Last Stand for over an hour thanks to the Drow.
-I don't think there's a single thing at KR that scares me, and half the town for that matter, than the Arcanite.
-Sunday was a nice relaxing day full of very fun lessons.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.922 seconds