December 2011 Highlights

06 Dec 2011 12:23 #31 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic December 2011 Highlights

Main Mod:
-Antrim telling me to set-up a triage in Pendarvin but no one else getting the memo apparently. I sat in there for about 10 minutes before I heard some Drow talking at the door and I think start trying to break in? I didn't stick around to ask them.

HOLY CRAP. That's where we were supposed to go?

I mean, I kinda fully support us ending up in the Baron's Manner because the RP that came from that was fantasmic... but really? Why did no one figure that out?!

Lol they had us setting one up in the Inn, too... I didn't even know about the Manor until we were trying to rescue you guys.

Well the one in the inn was for if we ever pushed the fight towards the monastery. Pendarvin was for as long as we were stuck out in the field. I don't know why they would have put a triage closer to the circle of death though >_>

A few more highlights now my head's a bit clearer:

-Malcom McBride! I think he teared up a bit when he saw I was still wearing his holy symbol. I still didn't get story-time though *huff* Also seeing Shalok just walk out of the inn was a bit of a 'O.o Is it some holy holiday or are we really in that much trouble?'

-I started a windwalker to run away from Liam and stopped short noticing a guy (Alic?) against a tree. We were both behind enemy lines so I healed that guy quick and made sure he got out safely. I didn't see anyone else on my way sadly. Ilana'll pretend to still be a cavalier.

-Blade's 'scotch-buddy'

-Watching Orias the whole time and offering a bit of help when I could. Characters that are 'evil' attempting to not be have a lot of interest to Ilana for a few reasons. Always keeping watch to see if it works.

-Ashling died twice!? >< Stupid yellow dragons (We love you anyways)

-"No No, I'm ok. I helped mountain, go ask him."  ;)

-Getting asking about an old (very dead) enemy and feeling a bit glad I could remember so much off the top of my head.

Also, I couldn't help but lol about the fact that even though some (newer) characters took up "For Tsoli" as a drow-killing battle-cry, not one of them seemed to know how to pronounce his name. I heard Tolsi, Tosli, Tolis, and about 3 or 4 other pronunciations.

It's the thought that counts.

Raphael with an ogre in tow: "I think I found Blade's son!"
Me: "....Yep, I'm out."

Finally:
-Finding out I didn't actually have the black spot. Mars was a bit  :'( about it but Ilana was pleasantly surprised and amused how many people were panicked over nothing. She was right when she said not to worry.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
06 Dec 2011 12:34 #32 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic December 2011 Highlights

Raphael with an ogre in tow: "I think I found Blade's son!"

"Blade no pay child support!"

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
06 Dec 2011 14:28 #33 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic December 2011 Highlights
For those of you who have met Bolton before, you know this event was a strange one for him. Going from the sly, cool and calculating trickster he normally plays to the raving, bloodthirsty warrior he became this month was a big surprise, and a complete 180 from where I thought he'd be going.

For those that rped with him~ special shout outs to Gus, Tsoli, Liz, Ashling, Cy and Gabriel, Emerson, Rione and Wally ~ I hope you enjoyed the transformation. I know that as Bolton grows and with the support of those around him, he'll be able to master Radizeal and bring it under control.

A strange and largely anti-social event, it was filled with some of the best rp I've seen to date and by great players alike.

Eli
RP Marshal
06 Dec 2011 18:13 #34 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic December 2011 Highlights
So this being my first KR event I probably don't remember everything that happened.

Friday
- Came in with the new to town caravan and was promptly attacked a few time by bandits.
- Learned that Celt sheepherders need to carry more shirts
- OOC learned that I need to mark and glow worm my arrows for night fighting
- Attacked by goblins got to play scout and keep watch on the entrances to the inn while the heavy hitters were out beating things
-Went to the monastery to meet with Gian clergy and then heard screaming and ran back into the inn
- Resting soundly as I bunked with the the bard (raphael) and he protected our room from bad things in the night.

Saturday
- Helped serve breakfast
- Wandered around market fair
- Went and trained in crit shot
- Went and was "Stupid" with a Celt and attacked some skeletons that were in a tomb
- Attacked an Ogre camp with the rest of Travance
- Feast
- Cleaned up after Feast
- Nap
- OOC shift
- Cleaned up logistics a little
- Went as some wolves to the monastery for "food"
- Listened and laughed about the elves
- Went to the inn as a ghost and was promptly banished (5 times)
- Came as an Ogre family to the inn to surrender and get "foods"

Sunday
- Went and helped look for the Earth eater sword with Raphael
- Talked to Oryx more about being baptized under Gia but want to know more
- Watched "Kill or be kill" game
- Helped with the last attack on the city

I just want to say thank you to everyone for a wonderful first event. I had so much fun and  met so many nice people. I can't wait for the next event. Thanks to everyone for everything.

Anhil
OOC: Sean Moulson

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
06 Dec 2011 18:40 #35 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic December 2011 Highlights
I was only around for Saturday, but what a crazy day it was.

I was only informed Alex B. was out as Orias about 20 minutes before coming into game as my character, and didn't know IG or OOG how Elawyn would react to seeing him. For those not in the "know" I'll leave the details of what happened between our characters 8 years ago for an IG conversation, but needless to say, none of it was good. After an intense convo with Antrim I begrudgingly headed towards the Inn still unsure what I would do. My decision not to kill him suddenly changed when I saw Alex in that old school black eyeliner, bringing back a flood of memories, and this started a back and forth for Elawyn for the rest of the day on what she should be doing about her earliest nemesis. I love a good story, and I look forward to playing my part in this one.  Sorry for all the hardtimes and dirty looks in your future Alex, I hope you're having as much fun playing Orias as I am dealing with the repercussions.

Other Highlights:

--Erdrick yelling at the girl with the roses when she wouldn't reveal who the rose she was giving me was from. I am so sorry dear. I hope you know it was completely IG, and made complete sense for both our characters to refuse an anonymous gift, especially after the initial run-in above. I am honestly super curious as to who that was actually from, because if it wasn't Orias, its an even more hilarious episode from an OOG perspective.

--Amalthea's encouraging words.

--Actively keeping myself from ruining the good mood in the monastery, since few happy memories could be remembered with the perpetrator of some of Elawyn's most tragic in the room with her.

--Spending time with the Druids and company, as always.

See you all at the Banquet, and I look forward to next event.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Tsoli
  • Life is simple, but we insist on making it complex
  • Thank Yous: 63
06 Dec 2011 22:35 #36 by Tsoli (Tsoli)
Replied by Tsoli (Tsoli) on topic December 2011 Highlights

Also, I couldn't help but lol about the fact that even though some (newer) characters took up "For Tsoli" as a drow-killing battle-cry, not one of them seemed to know how to pronounce his name. I heard Tolsi, Tosli, Tolis, and about 3 or 4 other pronunciations.

It's the thought that counts.

This I did not know, and is very touching and amusing to find out all at once.

Thanks guys that just made my night

T'soli Silverbow of House Silverbow

If we call for the proof and we question the answers,
Only the doubt will grow

OOG: Bill Friederich - Live while you Live
Kitchen Marshal
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
06 Dec 2011 22:50 #37 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic December 2011 Highlights
Highlights:  KR
Seeing friends!
Jenna lending me her spare boots!
Chaos Mod!  Had a great time Oros!  Thanks a bunch!
Lessons with Shen!  (Derrick you're awesome)
Lessons with Gideon! (Geoff,  also awesome,  but this is more alphabetical)
Adventuring guild stuff!  Which lead to a hilarious conversation!
            Argestrion: "What do you do?"
            Cypher:  "I've trained my body to perform at near supernatural levels."
            Illana: "He means he's a Tao."
            Tobar: "Yeah but the way he said it was much cooler."
Bolton/Elias always an amazing time RPing with you my friend.
I'm sure there is tons i'm forgetting atm.  But yeah...

Lowlights:
Shoes a half a size too small... my poor bleeding feet. :(

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
07 Dec 2011 06:39 #38 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic December 2011 Highlights

Adventuring guild stuff!  Which lead to a hilarious conversation!
            Argestrion: "What do you do?"
            Cypher:  "I've trained my body to perform at near supernatural levels."
             Illana: "He means he's a Tao."
             Tobar: "Yeah but the way he said it was much cooler."

Oh you said a lot more than that, and the poor guy started trying to write it all down.  :P

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
07 Dec 2011 11:25 #39 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic December 2011 Highlights

Jenna lending me her spare boots!

Highlight: My spare boots fit Gus. Lol.

You are a wee little man, my Londwynian friend.

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
  • Thomthulhu
  • "Necessity knows no law." Arnold Schönberg
  • Thank Yous: 9
08 Dec 2011 14:04 #40 by Thomthulhu (Aoire)
Replied by Thomthulhu (Aoire) on topic December 2011 Highlights
I don't even know where to start.  That's a good sign, though.

New Player Mod was great.  The bandits were good sports and did a good job of getting everyone warmed up for the inn.  The weather, however, did not help at all with the warming up.

I walked into the inn with 4 silver (I had a pretty terrible draw for starting cash apparently).  I learned I can only pull "I'm new and have nae a nugget to my name" so many times before the bar starts charging for drink.  Four times, actually.  Even afterwards I talked whoever was tending bar down from one gold to a silver or two.  In the end, I spent every coin I had on ale.

There were celts everywhere.  I just about got overloaded on tartans and clans and badges.  It was amazing and extremely encouraging.

I met yet another celt, along with his elven companion, at breakfast and wound up spending a decent chunk of the weekend somewhere near them.  They did an excellent job of slowly introducing a new player to the game.  I'm terrible with names, so I've forgotten their characters' already, but thanks to Kyle and Chelsea (sp?).

Gingerbread and Cider at market faire were outstanding.

NPCing was enough fun that I came back for a second helping, and man am I glad that I did.  Main Mod was a blast to fight and to watch (from within).  The the PCs' reactions to what was going on around them... It was great to know I'd helped provide you guys with that kind of drive, even if I was just a goblin.

I really wish Elementals and Goblins wore sporrans...  So many arrows...

I was fairly sure that Aoire wasn't going to wind up in combat this weekend.  He's just a shepherd.  Aside from the free Brawling skill, he doesn't have a lick of combat on his card.  I didn't even bring brawlers with me (Thanks to Ben for the loan).  Interactions with the Celts all weekend made him feel pretty rotten about missing the rest of the fights.  By Sunday afternoon he was charging at a group of ogres barefisted.  A large part of it was watching the friends he'd made in the last 48 hours all going into combat without him.  Over and over and over again.

- Learned that Celt sheepherders need to carry more shirts

Aoire's going to miss those shirts...

Kuni Seiko
Shugenja of the Turtle Clan
Warrior of the Wall of Bone

OOG: Tom Wilson
10 Dec 2011 10:50 #41 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic December 2011 Highlights
Does anyone know if there will be pictures up from the last event? I don't know how long it normally takes but I was just wondering.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
10 Dec 2011 11:40 #42 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic December 2011 Highlights
November Event Pictures will be up soon. December Event Pictures will likely be posted within a week after the January Event. Basically I receive the raw photos from the photographer each following event.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.642 seconds