January 2012 Highlights!

• Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
01 Feb 2012 15:41 #31 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic January 2012 Highlights!
Wow. That was awesome.

NPC shift was on Friday was awesome. The high point was watching the Super Scooby Gang convince the NPCs to give them the mod specific item. Good job, Super Scooby Gang!

Saturday: It was mod-tastic. The Trial of Creation mod could have gone very very poorly from an out of game perspective because there were a lot of people fighting in a tight space. However, there was a lot of consideration on the part of all involved and it worked really, really well.

The Trial of Peace. AKA; where Bat became "Country Fried Remi", got the peace item, and then was quickly tossed in the monastery.

Being stuck in the monastary. The player of Bellechang is really, really good at playing crazy. And the player of Ekat is really, really good at eating a sandwich in a rather blase manner. In between urgent requests to wander. I myself worked on perfecting my lying on the ground and trying to get some rest. I had a feeling it was going to be a long night.

Feast. Feast was awesome. I'll spare you the foodie elaboration.

Then we got the time between feast and main mod. Great RP was had by all. Bolton=awesome.

The big ritual. That was intense. I think it is one of those things that will be more fun in the telling than it was in the doing. However, even at the moment it was super fun doing some Tai Chi action on War. Great job good and evil aspects!

Sunday: Sunday was fun but I was too busy being wiped from Sunday to have any good adventures.

Rannick wrote:
-To the Advocate of Peace: At first, I really had no idea where you were going with your demonstration of the concept. You weren't refuting any of my arguments. It wasn't until the ride home that I realized, that was the point - you weren't fighting me, only stating fact. Hats off to you, buddy.

Why thank you. It was some awesome RP. In between trying to figure out if I still had toes I had to ask myself. "How do you fight war?" The answer is, of course, you don't. War always wins a fight.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belegchand (mcalo), Rannick (Rannick)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
01 Feb 2012 16:05 #32 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic January 2012 Highlights!
Continuation of my highlights:
I also want to say thank you to zach and Cy for coming up with the plot for this weekend!

Anyway...
Double cast vertigo as an NPC, yeah, that was fun. And probably the best waste of a higher list skill i have ever done.

Then there was the shield mastery lesson in the morning, which was more of a game of "how many times can we hit Elric with vertigo?"

Surprisingly I did not teach any lessons this event.

I cannot wait until February though, hopefully my legendary work will be approved by then.

My only lowlight would be getting hypothermia during main mod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
01 Feb 2012 16:53 #33 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Replied by Ming Na (Ming Na) on topic January 2012 Highlights!
Thursday....Yes I am starting on Thursday lol

Thank you Donta Slack, Frank & the many others who came down & helped out to get the Yurt back up! Curt you Da man FYI

Friday- Thanks to everyone who helped finish setting up and decorate the Yurt. It really helped with atmosphere for the weekend.

Doug P you effort of running plot it was amazing. As a former ST of many larps I know what effort it takes to run plots, thank you so much for making the game action packed! Seeing Andy & Matt W Portal into the Yurt with the Commodore was Grand! My poor low level daughter being torn apart was dare I say emotional gold !!

Doug P's evil goodness is in fact so grand that he incorporated a brand new player to Knight Realms in his plot. My Friend Sam Owens who I have know for over ten years. He just started playing and his pc was tied up with the plot. When I found out I was flabbergasted both IG and OOG !!!!
It made my weekend!

Count Winterdark walking into the Yurt - "Interesting home you all have...did not your people invent walls? Yet you don't use them in your home" having him hanging out with Ostcliff was awesome!

Khitain New year- Tea, hooka, sky lanterns, incense, Telling my daughter where is my grandchildren! Hearing the words "Cowmyrians" to describe Kormyrians was nothing short of amazing.

Saturday - Chris Goley thank you so much you know why....!
Helping out in Logistics learning the Monster Marshal stuff first with Jimbob now with Goley both great guys and learned a lot.

Over all so much action this weekend was nice...Wile the weather was wet on Friday this weekend was GRAND! If this is the pace of this coming year we are all in for a BiG BIG treat!

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
01 Feb 2012 17:13 - 01 Feb 2012 17:15 #34 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic January 2012 Highlights!

Ming Na wrote:
Doug P you effort of running plot it was amazing. As a former ST of many larps I know what effort it takes to run plots, thank you so much for making the game action packed! Seeing Andy & Matt W Portal into the Yurt with the Commodore was Grand! My poor low level daughter being torn apart was dare I say emotional gold !!

I wanted to quote this as this was the total highlight of my weekend. It was the first time I was ever involved in anything directly and I LOVED IT. Ava has definitely been effected by this. IT was the first time any character has done anything to her for her being a mouth off.

Just my two cents though ;)

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 01 Feb 2012 17:15 by Narcis (ChrisR).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na)
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
01 Feb 2012 18:44 #35 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic January 2012 Highlights!

Ming Na wrote: Over all so much action this weekend was nice...Wile the weather was wet on Friday this weekend was GRAND! If this is the pace of this coming year we are all in for a BiG BIG treat!

Come on, the great tax war of 1212 didn't make the highlights?

In no particular order
Most of my highlights stem from the political discourse over the course of the event.
"90%" of my time spent in or around Orias
ARTHUR
Cabin Progress (thanks guys!)

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
01 Feb 2012 19:46 #36 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Replied by Ming Na (Ming Na) on topic January 2012 Highlights!
O SH&%%&( Yes that well deserves a mention! LOL That was GREAT RP, and a hell of a wake up mod. Shaking down the lords for gold I expected to get magic blasted though the door. was lots of fun

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
01 Feb 2012 19:54 #37 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic January 2012 Highlights!

Erdrick wrote: "90%" of my time spent in or around Orias

*opens mouth*
*closes mouth*
*leaves*

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
01 Feb 2012 20:17 #38 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic January 2012 Highlights!

Ehlenathelasa Blacktree wrote:

Erdrick wrote: "90%" of my time spent in or around Orias

*opens mouth*
*closes mouth*
*leaves*

Thats a first. BOOM!

That being said it was a typo. In = with

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
The following user(s) said Thank You: THENPC (THENPC)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
02 Feb 2012 00:23 #39 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic January 2012 Highlights!
This was an awesome event for so many reasons:

Having my soul harvested about 5 minutes after lay on.
Lore: Chaos Chess Lessons.
Super Effective Baronial Council Meeting!
Me: "Why did the Baron tell me to guard you?"
Orias: "Because you could kill me anytime you wanted."
Me: Speechless
ADVENTURER"S GUILD MOD!
Cheering Belegchand up after his torture!
Walks with Kwildar!
Dealing with old issues with Seamus, and finding out how much we have in common.
Teaching my many students!
I'm sure i'm missing alot. But that's what comes to mind at the moment.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na), Belegchand (mcalo)
03 Feb 2012 14:19 #40 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic January 2012 Highlights!
Quick shout out to my boys: Zach and Cy, despite all the hiccups, despite the drama, and despite the inadvertent heart attacks I gave you- for which you have my deepest apologies- you threw an awesome weekend. To the staff that supported them, refined them and helped them run it, thank you so much.

On a note of recognition, if I was in charge of handing out awards or rewards for great RP, Walter as Winks would have earned both this past event. While there were many characters and moments that deserved recognition, Walter took a brutally grim lesson wherein he was placed under intense amounts of psychological pressure, and turned it into acting gold. In fact he rped so well that after 15 minutes of struggling with the excruciating moral quandaries I set out for him during the lesson that he walked away from it without learning the skill~ combined with his reluctant and tortured acting, if that isn't good RP, I don't know what is!

Once again, there were so many people who deserved recognition for the level of skill with which they play their characters, I only wish I had the time and eloquence to write pieces that recognize all of your exceptional skills. In truth, it is you who makes this game such a pleasure to play.

Thank you, all.

Eli
RP Marshal
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
03 Feb 2012 19:53 #41 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic January 2012 Highlights!
Well, for starters, I guess the biggest highlight is just being back. After finding out I was able to come on Thursday, I was happy to see everyone again, and hopefully will be able to keep coming each month now! :lol:

To start, Zach and Cy, wow, just wow. This plot sort of overtook my character for the weekend, and you guys made if fun every step of the way. From the Creation Mod all the way until the final ritual, and even into Sunday, there was just pure awesomeness.

Vince, your NPC truly was amazing. The array of emotions that went on between the two characters was outstanding, especially after the torturing.

Speaking of torture... Sam and Lauren, you guys, well, if it weren't for you, this event would have been WAY different. I mean, you guys set up Bele to be kidnapped perfectly (ask a Chroniclerite to tell you a story... they can't really say no...), and then the torture itself was so awesome. If I could remember it IG, I can tell you Bele would be way more depressed, but either way, WOW!

Suzie, you took your oath to heal me if I went down to heart, and it was awesome to watch you follow me literally everywhere. That was such awesome RP on your part!

Baptizing Jack Cypher - enough said.

Brendan and Liz, you guys were awesome in prepping for the ritual. Dr. West's reaction to everything wrong with Bele was so funny, it was hard to stay in character for it.

Then, the ritual... in the middle of a circle of Light and Good, starting to chant Chroniclerite holy words made me laugh inside a bit, and Mike as Destruction, you really tested Bele. It was awesome to be like that.

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning conversations, well, we'll see how things go in the near future.

I guess that hits the major highlights. In the end, thank you all. If I listed every single one of the conversations and interactions I had that made this event special, I would have the longest list of highlights EVER. Thank you, ever single person who dealt with, talked to, and was just around Bele all event. The people here are why I missed this every day when I was gone.

[size=20pt]Thank you, thank you, thank you.[/size]

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na), Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
  • Corvin Ralenfolly
  • The Good Looking Ralenfolly
  • Thank Yous: 43
04 Feb 2012 17:45 #42 by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM)
Replied by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM) on topic January 2012 Highlights!
This event was amazing. Putting together adventures for low level PC's can be tough and we couldn't have done it with out the Help of Zach who was running this events weekend.

James had asked myself and Frank to put together some special stuff for the 1-5 level crowd as he knew this event would be on the heavier end for the PCs and there was going to be a large influx of newer players and he wanted to make sure everyone got to have an adventure that put them on edge this weekend.

I am happy to see that a lot of you enjoyed the Mine / Blue Ore adventure and I hope that this coming event you enjoy the other good stuff we have in store for you guys and with such good reviews we hope to increase the number of adventures for you guys to explore and prove yourselves in an environment that is shaped to your needs.

Sure not everyone can throw slays and incinerates, but who needs them when you got a sword and a shield to see you through!

Character wise, the event was riddled with political ups and downs and a few changes that were expected and surprising.

All so a big thanks to Lauren as Corruption for standing there as I watched her blood turn to slush on that freezing field waiting for the Ritual to destroy her.

Dan Gill and others for setting up that Straw filled Death Trap Tent that I know myself and others enjoyed it was like walking in to the set of Conan.

The Roleplay with Ilservian was by far my favorite part of the weekend however, as enjoying the comradeship of Brothers now that our youngest brother has been returned from the dead by an Empath healing was my favorite part.

Corvin Ralenfolly

Steve M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na), Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
04 Feb 2012 20:34 #43 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic January 2012 Highlights!
I really enjoy teaching, and this Event I can say I mass taught mass at mass.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
04 Feb 2012 23:45 #44 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic January 2012 Highlights!
Alright, now that I've finally awoken from my post-KR hibernation, I think I can finally get to my highlights. Before I do though, I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everybody for making a year long dream a reality! Special thank yous go to the storytellers for helping to get this thing ship-shape for the weekend, all the main NPCs-- Vince A., Andy S., Mike S., Sam D., Lauren S. , Chris A., Matt M. -- for putting up with changes and cold main mod weather, and last but not least my good friend Zach. I may have had an idea, but it takes a sharp mind to whittle a stick into a piece of art.

Friday Night

Chaos: *waiting to be summoned* Hey...hey Darkness...hey...hey Darkness...
Darkness: ...what is it, Chaos...?
Chaos: ....can we get a giraffe?
Darkness: *groans*

-getting chewed out by Rose and Danny. Even though it sucked for Misaki, it was awesome for Cy.
-MOAR SITH!
-The Return of Elizar!

Saturday Morning/Afternoon

-morning meditative walk in the freezing cold. Nothing like that to wake you up.
-Conversations with Magnus about stuff. Always fun.
-NPC-ing the Love Guardian and breaking a few minds. Sorry Remi and Ekat ;)
-Followed up by NPC-ing the Life Guardian. Lowbies, you guys ROCKED that mod. Kudos!
-Returning from a late running mod to a delicious, delicious feast. Well met.

Saturday Night/Main Mod

-yeah, even though manure occurithed, we still pulled off a pretty sweet main mod. Thanks to everybody for sticking it out in the cold and thank god nobody got hypothermia...I think...

Oh. And Chibi Darkness <3 hahaha

-Modception Part III: The Drinking Game...JJ and Chris, you two continue to find ways of %@^#ing with Misaki's poor brain. Seriously, one of these times he's just going to spaz. I love it! I can't wait to see what's in store. Also, Misaki actually finding himself attracted to somebody?! :ohmy:

Sunday

-Sleeping in. Oh wonders of wonders
-Trading the Lute for Ar'thulus! Now I just need an ice blade...hmmmm...
-compliments pouring in from people about how they liked the weekend. This is probably my greatest highlight. It's an awesome feeling when something you've been working on for so long pays off and people are pleased with the result.

Running an event was a blast, but I can't wait to play Misaki full time again!

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
04 Feb 2012 23:53 #45 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic January 2012 Highlights!

Cyril Bodnar wrote: Oh. And Chibi Darkness <3 hahaha

-Modception Part III: The Drinking Game...JJ and Chris, you two continue to find ways of %@^#ing with Misaki's poor brain. Seriously, one of these times he's just going to spaz. I love it! I can't wait to see what's in store. Also, Misaki actually finding himself attracted to somebody?! :ohmy:

Hell YES you better love Chibi Darkness. Chibi Darkness blocked PCs from chasing after you and confused the shit out of them for you :p Also, I hoped you learned a very important lesson during the Bottle Mod. ;)

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.642 seconds