June 2012 Highlights!!!!!

02 Jul 2012 14:23 - 02 Jul 2012 14:27 #1 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
June 2012 Highlights!!!!! was created by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Thought I'd start up this bad boy!

This event was easily in the top three events I've been too at Knight Realms, if it does not easily snag the top spot.
From Lay on up to the end, it actually had me a bit scared.
So Judge, Steve, thank you!

Let's start!
Friday:
-Lay On, fantastically done.
-Trying to figure out what this stuff was!
-Actually feeling useful as Kamei as I kept getting dragged in every direction
-Getting to see Damien, who I have not seen in AGES
-Chris Z's mod at the graveyard, so creepy! Great job.
-Having my sandals break and having to walk barefoot for a bit before being able to get more shoes
==Best highlight was me getting infected by Judge's infected baby-belt thing. Being dragged from the roof of the stump down in front of everyone, being made into a human shield, both arms being broken and getting a chunk taken out of me and getting infected. Screaming louder than I ever have, laying on the ground just bawling my eyes out, screaming out why no one was helping me as this thing stood over me. Then being picked up by the arms and crying out again. I think I scarred the people of Ostcliff pretty good! Thank you for that awesome opportunity, Judge.
-Seeing the sun rise, then FINALLY going to bed.

Saturday:
-Three hours of sleep! YEAH!
-Khitan breakfast, talking about the dojo.
-Getting the taint cured and finally getting Khitan plot on the road again!
-Scouting out the infected areas.
-Having to deal with being frenzied because of the disease.
-Swimming!! and Hookah with Feng, and more swimming!
-Having Billiamm finding out that Kamei had been married to Baoyu.
-Dealing with a VERY angry celt.
-Hiding in the stump smoking hookah waiting for Billiamm to stop looking for Kamei.
-Nearly killing the flower that was going to save everyone because of being infected XD Go me!
-Getting sleep blade poisoned on my way to the bathroom... xD;
-Wanting to just lay down, but being pulled off places. Yay useful!
-Going on my first main mod EVER
-Having a good conversation with Quan Liu about the Billiamm thing.
-Finally speaking with Billiamm. Almost accepting his honor combat. Only to have him speak with Quan Liu, and it being said Kamei would commit senpuku. Billiamm said he didn't want that, and said for Kamei to live in her own shame. To which, Kamei did commit senpuku. Only to be saved by Billiamm and given to Galen, who could not heal me because he already did once. (yay crit!) After much speaking of honor, they agreed to Gaia's embrace me. Waking up, very baffled, asking Galen if that's what the focus was like. Billiamm telling Kamei she had died and regained both of their honor. Very good role play, A+!
-Trying to sleep...TRYING
-Being woken up by Zach-Zombie and Mal-Zombie. Chased out of my tent and up a tree in my night clothes. Only to be saved by Erdrick.
-Getting saved by Erdrick and Elawyn a lot! haha.
-FINALLY going to sleep at around 3am.

Sunday:
-Not wanting to wake up...
-NPC shift! With the cutest little boy ever :) Katie, Tommy is ADORABLE!
-NPC Shenanigans and awesomeness in the freaking hottest weather EVER
-Going back into character for about a half hour after NPC shift to learn Avoid.

Overall, the rating of this game and plot A+. ;) Will game again!

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
Last edit: 02 Jul 2012 14:27 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli).
02 Jul 2012 14:50 #2 by Jade Peverell (Angel M.)
Replied by Jade Peverell (Angel M.) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
Let me just start off by giving a HUGE shout out Steve Oros and Judge DeVoe for running an amazing event. You guys did an awsome job. Thank you.

Sadly, due to work I could not make it there til about 3am Saturday morning so I missed some events I wish I hadn't. One being the child burned at the stake. That would have contributed greatly to character development and amazing roleplay. The other was right after layon when the infected stormed the inn. Way to set the atmosphere guys, I hate that I missed it.

Another downer to the weekend was the heat. I swear, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't stay hydrated enough. I guess when you play hard these things happen, haha. I also feel that the heat contributed to a smaller turnout of people than usual. It's a shame, but what are you going to do?

Now! On to the good stuff. Plot. AMAZING! It really got people involved and really brought on a terrifying (but awsome) atmosphere to the weekend. That's what I like to see in the game, personally. I like to see characters questioning their morality and people testing just how far their characters are willing to go.

Also, to be 100% honest...the most fun I had all weekend was with the newer players. You guys are far beyond awsome. I can not describe how much I enjoyed roleplaying with you and getting to know your characters. You all made me feel the way I did at my first game. Thank you all. I hope to continue this at future games.

On a more personal note, my character is making way. I can't way to see the paths that roleplay will take her. I'm so excited.

Again, a big thank you to everyone and I can't wait to see you all next game!

Jade Peverell

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
OOG: Angel Mowery

Role Play Marshal
New Player Marshal
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
02 Jul 2012 14:58 #3 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
First off, Judge and Steve, amazing plot, I am extremely excited to see how this goes.

However, I want to thank, just like Angel did, all the new players this event. The two meetings were something extremely important to my character IG, and OOG I had a blast at both of them. This long term plotline is the thing Belegchand cares more about than anything in the game, and to see so many new players really strive to take it in, and really seem to be interested in it, was a great feeling both IG and OOG. Roleplay was fantastic all around, and I cannot wait to see how everyone continues to grow with this story, as so many new layers get introduced. To all of you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
02 Jul 2012 15:40 #4 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
I hate myself that I left early, but I definitely needed some OOG care and well, no matter how AMAZINGLY AWESOME a plot is real life comes first.

Highlights from Friday-Sat Morning.

-Being Bum Rushed right after lay on. Not only did this make Ava feel like she was being herded (Something she REALLY doesn't like) but also finding out most of her magical ability did absolutely NOTHING to these infected things. Asking everyone to figure out what DID work magically against them, only to find out there was many conflicting reports because there were people in different stages.

-The screaming...oh god the screaming. That's probably what rattled me the most about the whole night.

- Ava complaining to everyone about how she felt we were all just being herded, and finally relieved when people started to leave the inn and go about business because she didn't want to be where the WHOLE town was.

-Meeting Yue! A Sibling she does actually like (besides tyr of course!). Also finding out that Yue is like literally like right off the boat Khitan and almost wanting to tell her to go back to Khitan.

-Losing track of Yue then Jack asking if I knew where Yue was. Ava worried for a few minutes, but then calmed down and thought that Yue was smart enough to be smart about going around.

-LEARNING LORE: CHAOS w00t. Great Lesson from Slightly Sane Billium. Got an OOG headache from seriously thinking about it too hard.

-OUTSIDE OF THE INN WHEN JUDGE'S BABY BELT NPC DUDE (I don't know what his name was/if he had a name) came. I hear people being all freaked out then the hold, then heard what happened then right after lay on booking it to the edge of the woods, jumping into some bushes then cloaking in shadows and not moving AT ALL and listening to the ensuing fight. Judge's voice was freaking terrifying and I was so glad that I stayed super still until everything calmed down and then got out ..

I'm so glad I did get to see at least some of the plot. It was SUPER DUPER WELL DONE. Listen Ava knows better not to walk around by herself and this was definitely the weekend where she was like "See what did I tell you?" Also, Ava isn't terrified of much, but we can now add, infected parasitic people things to that list.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Yue Na
  • McBadASS
  • Thank Yous: 3
02 Jul 2012 16:34 - 02 Jul 2012 16:36 #5 by Yue Na (Yue)
Replied by Yue Na (Yue) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
I am sure this will be said again and again but..DAT HEAT. Wow.

Highlights:

-Setting up the caravan with Janice and Shane. I really dig you two =)
-Yue meeting Ava and them hitting it off really well. Especially, since people doubted they would.
-The sudden lay on attack of infected flying out was really well done. Yue was really trying not to freak out.
-Bringing Kitt to game and introducing him around Travance
-Walking around as soldiers collecting money-trying not to laugh at each other as we wandered around asking people for funds. As we went up to the Inn we heard screaming and people pouring out of the doors during the madness shouting, "RUN!!". We all booked it like there was no tomorrow.

I don't have too many...Yue took ill (aka I got pretty sick myself and had to leave early) and her healer, Kitt, recommended her to rest. But I love the game and seriously commend everyone that stuck it out in this weather.

Yue Na

OOG: Jenny

"Do healers get extra powers since ObamaCare was passed?! I was going to tell everyone i cant heal pre-existing conditions. "
Last edit: 02 Jul 2012 16:36 by Yue Na (Yue).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nadya (LGwilson08)
02 Jul 2012 16:54 #6 by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios)
Replied by Zanthios Tartaros (Zanthios) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
Had an awesome event from start to finish! Special thanks to Steve and Judge.
I really liked just about everything that happened this event, from trying to figure out what was causing everyone to go crazy in town, to deciding who wields the legendary dragon swords! All in all there was a vast amount of action, and a vast amount of roleplay! Thanks to everyone to made this happen!

Zanthios Tartaros
Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG Angelo Iudici)
  • Raxas
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 14
02 Jul 2012 17:03 #7 by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar)
Replied by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
I have to say this event has rekindled my want to go to KR even though I could only make it for Saturday till just after main mod.

I have to say Thank you Judge and Steve! Main Mod was awesome and was a lot of fun (and Judge i seen you look directly at me at the first stop to be hit with the making me crazy)

Finally Incaps for the win, though sorry to the PC's who had to stare them down from me :evil:

All in all great event.

OOG: Randy Werd
Marshal
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
02 Jul 2012 17:32 #8 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
-Fierce fighting against many weaker foes...constantly. To me, a large number of trash mobs are way more satisfying to fight than one huge card that takes half the game to drop. Low-levels have a relatively even fight, while high levels can wreck house like they earned it, but can still be overwhelmed and challenged as the foes keep coming.

-Spending time with people Lethias rarely has reason to see.

-Those three guys who weekend NPCed with all 6 of their collective balls to the proverbial wall. I don't know who you guys are, but continue rocking on.

-The second time ever that Reflexes of the Hunter was useful

-The return of William Montgomery

-The hickey Judge gave me on the mid-Saturday mod as his infected Druid NPC.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
02 Jul 2012 17:52 #9 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
First off, I want to say thank you to Judge and Steve for the plot and for all the stuff that happened before the event that added so much flavor to it.

- Tick free weekend, even after hours of literally skulking around in the woods.
- Getting to connect with Alizar again, always fun, along with a few words of advice for Zanthios
- Spire Mod was fun, less lethal then I expected for the people on the material plain but still very exciting
- Pregame things that happened that involved Souless Knight plot
- npc shift with jon was all kinds of great rp and good times
- Got to play my alt, all the fun rp things I got to do including the skulking around in the woods
- Clove revealing himself to a few people that were traveling alone on the paths and a few small groups of people, finally being comfortable with sitting on the forest edge with people able to see me
- Small talk with Elawyn
- Long talk with Oakroot
- Sunday shower

Lowlights
- no adventurers guild stuff, we missed you Mike!
- so many bug bites

im sure ill remember more and add it later

OOG-Mark B
02 Jul 2012 17:56 #10 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
Fantastic event, as always. I continue to be impressed by Steve and Judge as storytellers.

Friday:
-The return of Bran! After playing Sergei for months, it was nice to don the kilt again, especially with how warm it was.
-NPC's asking Bran and Bjorn to perform a funeral service. In the graveyard. In the middle of the night. Surprisingly enough, nothing actually happened. It was a lovely bit of rp.
-A big thank you to all my NPC's during my shift. I know it was late and hot, you were tired, but you all had great attitudes, and ideas, and the enthusiasm for doing anything and everything to make this game fun for everyone.
-Hugely happy with everything involving the graveyard mod. From the rp I heard before, during, and after the mod, to the actions of the PC's while being confronted by a threat that isn't a straightforward "throw tags at it until it dies," it was really gratifying to see how a bunch of lower level people who haven't been around for all that long can cohere as a group on short notice to be a competent force.

Saturday:
-Dear gods above and below, morning showers are glorious.
-Chocolate bacon cake. I really shouldn't have been surprised it sold so fast, but I was. it shall return!
-Om nom, shepherd's pie, nomnomnomnom.
-It would appear it was wise to start using a two hander in addition to mace and shield this event. Sometimes fortune smiles on you.
-Conversations with Bjorn and Bat Cooper on the subject of virtue.
-Menagerist mod. After planning it out with Shane for ages, it was great to see it finally done. Playing Mercutio was an absolute riot. PC: "Why would you want to have Thunder Lizard?" Mercutio: "It's a giant lizard that shoots lightning. Very dangerous. Quite exotic. Why wouldn't you?" PC: "Because it's a giant dangerous lizard that shoots lightning?" Mercutio: "I don't understand your point."

Sunday:
-Yay, more Master Warrior training!
-Wandering the maze and I found a box. Untrapped, unlocked. With rather a bit of good stuff in it.
-Helping to teach things with Seamus. Gonna make you new Cavaliers step up.

All in all, a most excellent event. Looking forward to July

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aemorniel (Aemorniel), Melissa Buccine (Splissa)
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
02 Jul 2012 18:31 - 02 Jul 2012 18:32 #11 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!

Bran MacInnes wrote: -Chocolate bacon cake. I really shouldn't have been surprised it sold so fast, but I was. it shall return!

I can't believe I forgot this. A+ Cake, would Cake again.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
Last edit: 02 Jul 2012 18:32 by THENPC (THENPC).
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
02 Jul 2012 18:34 #12 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!

THENPC wrote: -Fierce fighting against many weaker foes...constantly. To me, a large number of trash mobs are way more satisfying to fight than one huge card that takes half the game to drop. Low-levels have a relatively even fight, while high levels can wreck house like they earned it, but can still be overwhelmed and challenged as the foes keep coming.

^this

OOG-Mark B
  • Moirya
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
02 Jul 2012 18:39 #13 by Moirya (Moirya)
Replied by Moirya (Moirya) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
The fake blood and finally putting my horror props to a good use, yes, that is a highlight for me. I love gorey-horror events and Steve and Judge certainly made this event all kinds of terrifying.

Finding the flower just when we were about to quit looking. It was perfect timing, for a second I thought the golden flower was actually just massive dandelion... and then realized it was not.

The Barony-Pendarvin bro-out in the Bloody Stump at stupid o clock on Sat night. It was great to see some old faces back. (And Damien! Who taught me my first ever skill at my first KR event ages ago)

Aleister's Courtesan. SheHe wore purple well.

Baconcake sincerely confused my stomach.

And lastly.. Al, The Scumbag Cat. I fed him some of my naanwhich so he wouldn't trip me while I went down a tall flight of stairs. He was appeased, I think.

Prin mainile mele,
Moirya Arkanian
Squire to Sir Magnus Von-Ritter
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

OOG : Sam Dio
Logistics Marshal / New Player Marshal
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
02 Jul 2012 18:52 #14 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
Damien, I'm so sorry I missed seeing you!

Jeff McClean made this event awesome for me. Happy birthday again Steve!

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleister (Aleister)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
02 Jul 2012 19:09 #15 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
I may have been giggling like a school girl with Judge all weekend. It was nothing but excellence from the NPCs and PCs alike.

And Jeff McLean is such a pretty lady. Best birthday present ever.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenn (JennF), Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli), Nicoletta (fyperia), Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
02 Jul 2012 19:09 #16 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
This was an amazing event for me with regards to rp. I spent some time with newer players and I was extremely impressed, I can't wait to interact with you guys more. Billium making the mages meeting so entertaining and wondering why I haven't talked to him before. Oh the secrets I learned can't wait to see how that progresses in the future. Learning some of my friends may not be the best secret keepers. Last meeting a new PC who tried to cure my insanity eventually he did, but the process of getting there was hilarious.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
02 Jul 2012 20:04 #17 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
Ho damn. Where do I start. I guess I have to repeat the obvious with "...3, 2, 1, Lay on!" AND OUT SWARM THE SHRIEKING INFECTED MASSES.

Well I survived the weekend without being touched or bitten, so Mirwen had some good luck. Friday was mostly staying at the inn and waiting to see if things would settle down. Finally making it back to the Mages Guild to sleep. I don't know even what time it was, but thank god for the guild's 'ice elemental...'

Saturday: Slept late for once! Managed to catch the tail end of breakfast with some help.
Finally got a few spells imbedded in my circlet (thank you Guildmaster Silverbow for the ritual). I've been looking forward to that for a while. Had some armor forged as well, so now Mirwen is not totally squishy and killable (thank you Gideon!).
Swimming! Wonderful to cool off in the lake, and only one attack!
Right after swimming, Mage's Guild meeting! Mirwen is now a member of the guard, representing the Guild. Not a path she was ever expecting to take, but sometimes these things fall into our laps, I suppose.
Speaking to Belgechand about things and stuff and stuff and things. Always fun. Mirwen needs to get to know him better.
Hanging around the Stump for hookah and talking to friends.
Feast! Yay for yummy yummy feast. Ice cream is wonderful on hot days as well.
After feast...oh my god main mod. Behind Wulfgar most of the way throwing magic over his shoulder. Again, managed to remain untouched and uninfected! So I'm glad.
After main mod, learning a a few new spells (always useful) and late-night talks with other new players and Belegchand & co. again. I can't wait to see how this pans out.

Sunday:
NPC shift! Most notably wolves raiding a chicken coop (and getting totally slaughtered by the two dragoons there) and evilness outside the inn that was the most fun I've had as an NPC ever. After that, mostly OOC packing up and things, but still tons of fun messing around the Stump.

I picked up Wizardry somewhere along the way, I'll start learning that next month. And much success in book selling! That's more a Christine thing, but either way. I'm glad those that received theirs this weekend liked them and I hope those that ordered this weekend like them when they get them next month!
Great event, thanks Steve and Judge! I don't think Mirwen's ever been more afraid in her life!

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
  • Lathiel
  • The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
  • Thank Yous: 52
02 Jul 2012 23:56 #18 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
Replied by Lathiel (Lathiel) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
It has been quite a long time since I have bothered to post on the Event Highlights, but I think there has been enough action, role-play, and good plot-line that I could post this time. NPCs really created the tone of this event. Finally, a good event to use my Human Bane sword!!

Friday Night to Really Early Saturday Morning(5:30 AM)
- Never expected any lay-on to cause so much action almost instantaneously. Sort of being intimidated until I found out how easy some of them were easy to down. I still had some sort of fear, though, due to the fact that the NPCs did so good as playing crazy people infected with "the parasite." All the people that were scared were I think only scared because of the NPCs doing a really good job. It all definitely created the mood for the rest of the night.
- Finally got attuned to the Focus after the time long ago where everyone had to get re-attuned. Got attuned to the Focus so I could actually help attack the Soul Harvester.
- Getting ready before setting out to kill the Soul Harvester and finally entering the Spire and searching for him. Finally found him.
- Steve, so many tag skills!!!
- He vanished and we found him again. Hit me with a Drain Soul and of course I couldn't defend it because I used all other effects on me. Hit me with Sever Soul and that was it. I took my first death.
- I sorta thought it was about time. You know, it has been 4 1/2 years since I joined KR and never died 'till now.

Saturday Afternoon
- Woke up after noon and had to get ready for 2-6 shift.

NPC Shift
- First being sent as a Lizardkin Poisoner and great confusion ensued about the decription on the card, the thoughts of 2 marshals, and past experiences about lizards being able to talk or not. We decided to agree to it at the time so we started attacking instead of talking to people for information.
- Being sent out as vermin soldiers with only 1 Body and only did 2 damage, but with unlimited recycles. Didn't expect it, but 2 PCs took a death. Sorry guys, I don't think anyone expected it to happen.

Saturday Night
- Feast was great. The shepherds pie and ice cream was amazing!
- Main Mod got started much sooner and on-time than any other I have witnessed.
- The thing the group I was in was fun.
- Matt, honestly, I don't know anyone else who could pull off the hobgoblin representative quite as great as you did.
- I liked the concept of having 2 OOG people throwing spell packets pole-arm range away from Matt and one person swinging with a sword to represent abnormally swift weapon strikes.
- Went back to the inn to down 3 bottles of water with T'soli and Aquene as follows: T'soli, Me, Aquene, back to T'soli and so forth.
- Had to attack some necromancers and some other infected. At around 12:45 AM, decided to go up to the Bloody Stump with Aquene. Ate a burger due to the fact before feast, the only meal I ate was 24 hours from then. Attacked some Undead and actually remembered Negative Energy Tolerance and it proved to be quite useful.
- Tired from last night and went to bed at the early time of 1:30 AM.

Sunday Morning/Afternoon
- Woke up and learned Instill Confidence.
- EARTHQUAKE!! and then pigs and a much worse version of a Nature's Herald. Took quite a long time to down you Gene.
- The return of Lord (so unusual from the title of Baron obviously) William Montgomery.
- I was ecstatic to see him! We were able to talk a short while until had to leave the event

Lowlights
- Leaving such a great event
- The mini-vampires eventually got me.

Lathiel 'The Scourge' Silverbow
Master of the Mages' Guild
Paladin of the White Fox

While others succumb, we overcome. ~ Silverbow Motto
OOG - Nick B.
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
03 Jul 2012 00:19 #19 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
Well, this was only my second event, my first being the one in March, and let me just say that it's good to be back! My sister, who had never done any sort of fantasy role playing before, also came along for the ride, and she was instantly hooked. Expect to see us both again next event!
In other news, I also rewrote an entirely new character, Sindarion, whose interactions with other PCs were IMMENSELY more enjoyable than the grumpy druid I played during the March event.

And now for some of the things that happened.
Lay on, and cue the bloody, screaming infected masses that just wouldn't die. Between getting grabbed by one of them and hiding under tables, I was genuinely scared out of my wits. What a way to start with a bang!
Having Sindarion's secret of being a wild mage exposed by his own "sister" on his first night in Travance and immediately running off to the monastery for confession.
Entering the inn room, ecstatic about finding one of the "captured ice elementals," then investigating further to find out that it was dead. Major let down.
The meeting in Dreaga'Mire, the subsequent breakfast, and meeting a whole slew of colorful PCs.
Watching the priestess of Andorra I was supposed to be protecting go down to a bunch of bandits, then WILD SURGE EXPLOSION... and running away from the surviving ogre.
Finding random bits of money on the ground, then losing all of it, then finding even MORE gold in the bushes.
Chocolate bacon cake, shepherd's pie, and honey butter. 'Nuff said.
Main mod... Even more frightening than lay on, I think I can count the number of times I've been more scared on one hand, and I wasn't even in the front lines. Major kudos to the NPCs that made this such an awesome event, and to Steve and Judge!
And then after all the excitement was done and over, talking until 4-ish AM with some people in the inn... and then ghouls out of nowhere. And running. And hiding. And throwing a few flame strikes. Then more running. And even more running. And more hiding.

All in all, a great weekend!

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
  • Nadya
  • привет,как ты? Меня зовут Надя
  • Thank Yous: 19
03 Jul 2012 00:33 #20 by Nadya (LGwilson08)
Replied by Nadya (LGwilson08) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
great event! loved the "crazies" great job steve and judge!

Nadya always has a way of not dying. never been touched by the infected nor was i KO'd :) :whistle:
graveyard madness.... necromancer..... being paranoid.....
talking alok mallogan with kwildar, him buying me a flower and him asking to court nadya :blush:
actually focus walking peoples for the first time yay for me! im sorry for them...
helping convince lorelai to walk through the focus. she's been through lots poor gal... i wanted to be there as a friend
late night at the stump!!! gettin shwasted with ostcliff and etc
ZANDER CHALLENGE!!!!! omg hats off to fancy boots! that guy completed part one of the zander challenge like a champ! so close to actually winning..... too bad you blew chunks right before the time limit! that was awesome!!!! im so glad i convinced you to do it!!!!
sleeping on the "suicide couch" and nothing happened to me.... then errrrbody making a big deal about it. nadya was like ok..... whats the big deal. its a comfy couch that i was sleeping on. whatevs i got a bed in the monastary as a result.
being IG and OOG tired..... not so much fun. made me into a big jerk almost kill people when they woke me up and made me forget things and misunderstand things... which sucked
refusing to heal people cause they would tell me how to do my job/ BS about manners and something about pointing daggers in faces... what? i aint gonna help you if youre a dick to me. i dont f*** around.
the best shower evar had!!! it was so cold and refreshing and i was covered in choco-blood and sand. it was like someone tar and feathered me, but with noms and sand
got in a little sparring with new peoples it was fun hehe
being the "healer wrangler" during main mod and during the wtf lay on crisis thing in the inn.

im super sad i cant make it to the july event.... but ill be back in august! and hopefully ill bring my "cousin" back from Coast Haven to the feast. after lighting her stash of tequila on fire of course.

"how did you end up here?"
"I will give you one word 'Tequila'
.... never again with the Tequila"
'Nadya'

Herro - Shee Krank't from the Blood Eye clan
OOG~Janice :)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
03 Jul 2012 00:47 #21 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
This event was a fun one...wow, that was some scary plot. My compliments to Judge and Steve!
Some of my memories:

Swarm of infected at lay-on...wow. Simply brilliant. That was unexpected, and a great way to jump back into game.

2-6am NPC shift Saturday morning...wolves, wolves, priests of Malyc (bwahaha), and more wolves. I need to NPC with the people on that shift more often...we had fun times:)

LOW LEVEL MOD. My kudos to everyone involved in that one, it was amazing! And to think I considered not going...Shane and Chris, well done. I hope to see more Menagerist mods in the future:D
-Chris's Mercutio character was a constant source of entertainment. Annora gets annoying and loud. "Silence. Pacify" Repeat process as needed.
-Akido-tumbling Tatsuya. "Ride it like a pony!"
-Tatsuya sneaking up on a bunch of sleeping lizards and being unable to find the one he's looking for: "it's the big one!" "I can't see the difference" *sigh* "It's Ferris." *cue universal momentary panic*
"Pumpkin!"

Courage lesson with Bran and Seamus. I need to work on my roleplay skills, and that was a great opportunity!

SWIMMING! First trying to make it down to the lake, a process that involved fighting off infected in completely anachronistic swimsuits but with full gear and weapons.
Enjoying some time in the water before a horde of infected storm the lakeside, resulting in a fun fight right by the water's edge and an infected vomiting into the poor lake. Tending to a chomped-on arm, then returning to the water for fun and relaxing times. Just the thing for Saturday's heat.
Plus concocting a convoluted and humorous plan to storm the ice cream truck and public beach at the other side of the lake.

Getting around 3-4 hours of sleep the entire weekend:P

Belgechand's meetings about things of importance. Some very interesting plot there for newer players:D And some brilliant moments of roleplay...Croinomara and Keavy stand out in my memory on that front.

Main mod...made it through the woods without breaking any limbs OOG or twisting any joints, so many cheers there. And survived uninfected! Stuck close to Triss and played defense there. Screamed myself hoarse yelling for/at people...that was fun.

Dealing with Anhil's temporary phobia of clergy...Sean, some wonderful dedication to roleplay and character as Anhil went crazier than usual this moon.

Being stormed in the by ghouls at 5 am Sunday morning, just when we though we were safe, and having all my limbs chewed off right as I was falling asleep talking to folks. And then yelling loudly enough to rouse people sleeping upstairs...sorry to those I kept from their sleep!

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
03 Jul 2012 01:14 #22 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
Where to start?

Well, as just about everyoneelse said, Freaking amazing job at scaring the *bleep* out of us on Lay on.
Going upstairs to get something, only to have one of the infected follow me, then stepping out of the way to get away from it.
My first cured disease, followed closely by my second.
Viktor Solvei: setting members of the town guard on fire since 1212
Freaking out Mara as I cut my own arms open

Helping Zipeto set up his first Mod.
I should try to see about becoming a monster marshal myself too... well... maybe down the road.

Saturday morning.
Getting Interrogated by Emar when I told him that I was too tired to drink...
Trying to sleep, and failing miserably.

Zelrich and Viktor experimenting on the heart of one of the infected, only to have it explode in our faces.

Hookah... so much hookah

I am upset that I didn't get a piece of the bacon cake... maybe next time.

Feast... Shepards pie AHMAHGAH!!!

Judge... you have the best way of explaining things... just saying.

Main mod was an amazing amount of wtf

attending the sword-plot meeting, and machine-gunning gusts of wind at the undead that attacked.

Sunday, coming down to find out that Mara, and several others had gotten a bunch of crazies from the night before.
and finding out about some really entertaining phobias. *evil grin*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
03 Jul 2012 04:49 #23 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
This game was fantastic. Amazing RP all around. Too much to remember that I did.

- Research with Gideon, Lady Blackthorn, and Carlotta.
-Trying and failing to save a burning child with Brogan and then performing a burial. (Seriously people you should have been there, nothing like pulling charred bones from a fire to get the adrenaline pumping. Kudos to Steve on this.)
- Brogan trying to put said fire out in the middle of combat. *picks up the flaming cloth* "Is this Gasoline?"
- Malycite spire mod.
- Awesome main mod
- The return of Baron Montgomery.
- a 45 + minute ghoul fight at 4am. That involved posi-barriers, wield faiths, and magical sanctuaries. Seriously.. Zach + Ferris + Company.... we were exhausted. I dont' know how you kept that fight up like that for so long. Especially AFTER main mod.
- mmmm hookah.
- RP with Tari in the stump.
- Page No. 4 SERIOUSLY?!??!?!?

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
03 Jul 2012 09:19 #24 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Re: June 2012 Highlights!!!!!

- Page No. 4 SERIOUSLY?!??!?!?

Seconded!!!!

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
03 Jul 2012 09:35 - 03 Jul 2012 09:38 #25 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
What an event!

-First of all special thanks to Jackie for taking good care of me when I hurt my foot.

-I really enjoyed getting to help perform research Friday night with Lady Cassandra, and everyone else. We were scrambling through bits of paper with notes scribbled all over them. Thanks to Steve and Judge for providing something for us to really dig into with our roleplay.

-When Gideon started to cough up blood I felt so helpless and afraid.

-The infected little girl at the window of the Baron's manor who drove us all out of the building. That image was burned into 'Lotta's mind. It bothered her so much that she asked a Psion to suppress the memory.

-Speaking of Psions, Sam Robert's NPC was lots of fun. Oh, Intensify. How I love thee. Probably the most fun Carlotta's had in a while actually.

-I thought my cards were failing me for a moment on Friday night, but I went on to give two very poignant readings. Really being able to engage PCs with my fortune telling is always incredibly satisfying to me.

-Spire Mod. Carlotta wasn't sure she was going, and I'm not sure her reasons for finally choosing to do so were the best ones, but I'm glad she went.

-On sunday I finally got my Amulet. Thanks to everyone who helped out. I loved the rp of taking part in a ritual. You could feel the tension. Also, Gideon made my day by volunteering to be the sole donor of magic points in order to minimize the number of people involved in the ritual. "I'm willing to take that risk for my students." Could Carlotta look up to Gideon any more?

-Playing Marigold was a joy. Not only because she is so different from Carlotta, but also because she allowed me to interact with characters that Carlotta never would, and so I got to role-play with a wider range of players.

-It was also interesting to see where my two characters overlapped. I still got to spend time hanging out at the forge, because when you're a Berserker with a broken weapon, the smiths are your new best friends.

I almost forgot! Feast was fantastic. So hearty and delicious. That shepherd's pie was just what I needed to keep me going. I shamelessly shoveled several helpings into my belly. Thanks to everyone who braved the kitchen in this sweltering weather.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
Last edit: 03 Jul 2012 09:38 by Josephine (mferro54).
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
03 Jul 2012 09:55 #26 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
I have to say I adore NPCing full time when I can and this is one of the events that perfectly explains why.

~Getting zombied up right before lay on--all that blood just got everywhere. Then slamming against the door as soon as Lay On was called with Katie to hear the screams of horror from the PCs--priceless.
~Being that zombie that sat around nomming body parts, other zombies, and just pissing off various PCs when I would appear in random spots licking the forearm like it was an ice cream cone. (fake blood tastes so good)
~Judge grinning and laughing OOG when I was brought down to Alissandria on Saturday to be cured as a zombie--once again given body parts to nom. The RP beforehand with my boys down by the Caravans was priceless even if Heat Object shouldn't work that way, it still was BRILLIANT. Judge saying "oh by the way, you remember everything. I know you're a twisted mo-fo so I'm gonna love it. 3-2-1 lay on" then completely losing my shit. Elawyn is the best soothing person ever and playing that NPC was made all the more awesome with all the kindness that was shown to her. Bagwell cleaning off her face after saying "the first step to being human is looking human" and people trying to comfort her. Later seeing my boys again as the same NPC and Shane's gypsy not only giving her money, he also gave this adorable little bracelet that is supposed to be a symbol of protection. That RP was wonderful. 5 minutes more with you and she might've joined your vardo.
~Judge declaring we are getting KR married with a big hug. Best compliment EVER.
~Tommy as the littlest ogre on Sunday. That kid is just too cute and sassy to ever say no to.
~Lizardkin Stalker--proof on why if I am given a rogue class, I would be the biggest dick with hide in shadows, cloak of the green/skin of the chameleon, backstabs, and assails.
~Dire Tamiral Boar on Sunday. Normally I hold back from going all out as a fighter since I don't like using my OOG skills with blades but the moment people realized I was the Tamiral Boar and they all wanted my armor, I just went at it. Sorry if I hit a little hard and Belegchand--wearing red just begs to be impaled. Especially when you put your back to the woods. *giggle*

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
  • Damien
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 145
03 Jul 2012 11:25 #27 by Damien (Damien)
Replied by Damien (Damien) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
My biggest highlight were the warm welcomes back by so many. I was there too short a time this event to see everyone (or for everyone to notice I was standing there :P ) but I hope to reconnect with you all soon.

[hr]
Victor Sylus, Baron of Travance
OOG: Damien A.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pappy (Quan), Ming Na (Ming Na), Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli), Nicoletta (fyperia)
03 Jul 2012 12:45 #28 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
In spite of some IRL fun with heat exhaustion, I had an absolutely fantastic weekend.

First and foremost, thank you Rachel and Mal for taking care of me when I stumbled into the Monastery building after the cleanup hold, bleary and slurring my words and trying to tell you guys that I was just gonna get a drink and go do my camp cleanup. I probably would have PTFO if you guys hadn't made me lie down. THANK YOU. You're wonderful friends and I love you very much. <3

Friday night:
Spire mod. Saying my goodbyes beforehand, and writing a letter to Ridigan just in case my soul got dragged to the pits of Malyc and I never came back. Seriously heart-rending stuff that had me in tears on more than one occassion
Then the actual mod itself. Remi realizing that she's not quite the weakling she used to be.
Finally, coming back from the mod with NO PERMS. Remi has never felt so invigorated in her whole life. (so much so that I couldn't sleep, actually.)

Saturday:
Hookah at We-should-be-sleeping-o'clock, and great conversation surrounding it.
Hunting wolves. Too bad they got away from us.
Agaurran mod. Remi going from sweet and fluffy to fierce and PISSED in under 5 seconds. "LEMME AT EM!!!" Not to mention her little bit of Lyric of Suggestion mischief at the end, which culminated in a very awkward marriage proposal. <3
Going with some low levels to deal with some tribal goblins (and the guy they had tied up) and discovering that she's still pretty squishy.
Great RP with my baby sister~~~!!!!!!! Mary, I missed you playing Marigold SOOOO MUCH. Now you just need to be at the same event as Tom so we can have hilarious "I'm Remi's sister and you have to earn my approval" RP. <3
Protecting Tris. Damn, I was SERIOUSLY scared.
Getting seperated from main mod due to a potty break and being terrified of every single sound I heard in the wilderness as I tried to make my way back to somewhere.
Also, feast was delicious. OM NOM.

NPC shift:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. SUMMONING ALL OF THE GHOULS. You poor kids in the inn. Your screams of pain really invigorated me. I'm surprised none of you heard me giggling outside the inn..... because if you had, that wave of OH GOD ALL THE DEVOURED LIMBS probably would have ended a lot sooner <3 As it was, we finally decided to let you be because our shift had been over 30 minutes beforehand. <3 Love you!

Sunday:
Gideon's demand for grandstudents. and Carlotta's really epic card reading, which, weirdly enough, was perfect for my character.... and also me, OOG. o.o'' Yeah, that happened. How weird is that?
Also, I've learned that if I don't answer my phone during game, my boyfriend shows up in the parking lot Sunday morning. This is totally NOT incentive for me to answer my phone in the future. <3 lmfao.

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
03 Jul 2012 12:50 #29 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
Also, I told this to Judge at the start of the event, but seriously, when I found out Judge was running the event, I very nearly almost turned my car around and went home. I'm glad I didn't, and my fear was entirely well-founded in the reality of how absolutely terrifying this event was, in particular main mod and Friday night right after lay on. You guys did a GREAT job.

Also Damien, it was GREAT seeing you!! Come back more!!!

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
  • Uhtred
  • Thank Yous: 18
03 Jul 2012 13:06 #30 by Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
Replied by Uhtred (Erich Lutz) on topic June 2012 Highlights!!!!!
Remi I had a great time RPing with you. I'm sorry if I creeped you out.

Vassal of Alisandria

OOG: Erich Lutz
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.966 seconds