Dec 2013 game Highlights

• Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
05 Dec 2013 17:31 #31 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic Dec 2013 game Highlights
Holy crud where do i start with this event.

Shenanigans early friday with james and gina and sand.
Freezing my ass of on my logistics shift but loving hearing all the stories coming from the NPCs
Most of my Saturday was spent prepping for main mod...was a little upset I missed the chaos/wild/divine arcane ritual, but hey-i was setting up all the fires for main mod! Worth the tradeoff.

Oh my god main mod. So. Much. Fun. Generally I avoid it like the plague (you'll find me playing Cinderella in the kitchen) but I figured I'd make an exception-and really, how often do you get the opportunity to be the one setting camp sac on fire? (there were three of us all having a grand old time)
Watching all the PCs destroying the demons, recharging Balfurous' glowy bits, making sure fires were set properly and safely, making sure the grass that caught fire didn't spread too far, jogging ahead to help set more fires and wait for PCs...the final location was great, getting to mill about and just watch everything. So many jokes were made about that whole watch tower going up in flames.
I spent that night in Kaladonia because out of game snuggles are great and Sean and I were both tired after all the ridiculous prep.

Sunday was mostly an RP day-I love having students, teaching is a great part of game for me. Learning too, but teaching is great.

I can't remember if it was Saturday or Sunday morning, but the heartfelt discussion with Rowan about the Shire, Quinaria, demons, families, and everything else to worry about was fantastic. She may not know them all, but Mirwen was taken into the Uidhir fold, and believe it or not, cares deeply about the clan. Fantastic RP, Teresa. You're awesome.
Also, at some point in the weekend, learning to smoke a pipe from Rowan as well.

And getting drunk Sunday afternoon with Rowan and Tsoli (with appearances by Anhil and Lorelai), because why the hell not, the world's not over, so celebrate. Good times, you guys. My favorite moments:
"So wait-for sorcery purposes, does this count as a magical duel?"
"Magical truce?"
"Tsoli, look at your hand." -looks- "It says I want more. ...-grabs bottle-"

Another fantastic year at Knight Realms wrapped up :) it's so strange for me to think I'll be headed into my third year of game in January. You guys are all so wonderful, and I look forward to what comes next.

Thank you.

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tsoli (Tsoli), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
05 Dec 2013 20:02 #32 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic Dec 2013 game Highlights
Ok, I'll try to go chronologically.

Got out of work at 6 in Albany, so a latish arrival Friday, but fortunately didn't miss much.

Tone was set immediately, as even I recognized a good number of names on the announcements list. Proceeded to spend much time at the scholar's table, hoping to glean some insight through my as-of-yet illiteracy. Some good news, a lot of bad...

On late night tavern watch. Some minor skirmishes, and my first time getting dropped in the dining hall... Fortunately Travance's healers are a perceptive lot!

Try for some sleep down at the bloody stump. As I've nearly drifted off, demons barred from entry get frustrated by the inhabitants lack of desire to face them. They get indignant. A call of "All hail Xualla!" is met by Gregory's "All hail koala! Bring me eucalyptus!" Laughing myself back awake in time to stave off frostbitten toes...

Saturday: Magnus' lowbie mod (props to Dustin and his lumbering demon), Sindarion's get the sword mod (props to Josh and his usual spirited npc's), many a scouting run = all my tags burned.

Everyone brought their rp a game. Got insights into many a folk. Gave a bit back. Got ALL the rp points. 3 on not realizing I was talking with an rp marshall until after I revealed my personal quest MacGuffin. Worth it even without the points, but certainly a subtle reminder to stay IC as often as possible! A little more rp brings the realization I may have a future trade partner.

Beginning of my attempt to learn my desired skills without referring to them by name. Arthur reads me perfectly, and teaches me to read! Imrahil will be a reader next moon!

War council dinner, and not having to break game to maintain my IC vegetarianism! Darn tasty to boot.

Main mod NPC shift - Setup was such a hoot. Anyone else care to back me on wishing there was a recording of James warming up? Thank goodness the town couldn't hear my laughter. Enjoyed some shatner grade ham with Chris McKenzie at each new portal location. More rp points. Wore me out enough for the best night's sleep I've ever had on the proper.

Sunday: So glad I got a chance to hear a whole song from Rowan. There are few bards I've seen on the proper who know the power of understatement. Leave it to a halfling! A bit more rp with Rowan, Alander on the topic of home (Thanks for the delectable tart!), and then Billiam, giving me some insight into the ways of the bard.

On to schooling at Wudan. Not quite as good at getting my lesson without asking for the skill in book terms. Fie on you, rulebook ambiguity! On the plus side, Imrahil has a subdue burning a hole in his pocket for next moon!

As always, community was great. Keep it up and I may have to find a way to make it more than quarterly!

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
08 Dec 2013 15:53 #33 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Dec 2013 game Highlights
I conserved my strength for main mod. It is always a pleasure to work in tandem with Blockus, and this was no exception. We bypassed what we could while seeking Balforous and destroyed that which was necessary in order to close with him. It was intense and satisfying. Plenty of others helped, with Moira being prominent among them.

Smoking young Cace's NPC, who is younger and faster, but not trickier. :cool: Well done

On behalf of the Merchant's Guild, putting Lucius Knight in his place. He got the better of me, just like he personally aced 73 demons. :-)

Nice banter with Arza, his sister, Verrill and Bridget?

Got to speak with a few scholars whose acquaintance I had not formally made.
Interesting conversations with Rudolf.

Deciding that Edwin is a scholar. True, he is a scholar who can kill things, but that merely allows him to practice his scholarship.

Rudolf: Knock knock
me Who's there
R Julie
me Julie who
R Wormwood was right

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.498 seconds