March 2015 Highlights

• Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
08 Mar 2015 23:14 - 08 Mar 2015 23:17 #1 by Fortier (Greysect)
March 2015 Highlights was created by Fortier (Greysect)
*The Kris. It was nice to see gypsies convene, and I hope to see and hear more interactions and teamwork between kindred.
*The many lessons Viktor had from Lina, Dmitri, and Sindarion. I don't know if the early designers or Knight Realms thought of it this way, but teaching I feel is a core experience of the game, if not the most essential part of the game.
*After a harrowing experience, being subjected to Satyr's Wine, overwhelming hope, pacifying magic, and mind effects, and finally being rendered mad and dead to the world. Opened his heart and head to Lois Maxwell. Sang a little with Croi and Sindarion. Pretty cool, in a heart of darkness drug binge kind of way.

What time I spent at this event was defined and made good by the players. Rock on.

So how was your event, Travance?

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
Last edit: 08 Mar 2015 23:17 by Fortier (Greysect).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sindarion (Steven SA), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
08 Mar 2015 23:27 - 08 Mar 2015 23:42 #2 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic March 2015 Highlights
NPCing frederick mod was great, Matt went above and beyond, all the NPCs and pcs were superb. I know it was rought out there in the snow but it was boss to be a part of, I love that style of fight.

Playing grim running away from Big Sister come down from up north was hilarious to the limit, and Jen Eff brought a lot of subtlety to a role that could have been played for straight comedy and actually brought some wonderful roleplaying and depth of character development for Grim in it. Also, hiding under a pile of shields in the barracks like a child hiding from his mom was basically the best.

Guard stuff, guarding the Phokus, it was really dealing with the military aspect of guard work and hurry up and wait.

Dealing with Gus' tower mod hook, and the aftermath was great, a huge thanks to norm for stepping in as Lord Silverbow to help with the administration of justice in a really complex case.

Feast was very nice. It was the night of 100 squires and for once I actually got to see it having not wandered off into the back of an inn at a bad time like every other time we squire PCs.

Planning the battle for the healers was definitely an exercise in grim being frustrated and honored and making 5 plans which couldn't be enacted because of the nature of the battle. I do admit being zapped to Malyc's throne room with Magnus and Lord Admiral Victor was pretty awesome in game, especially the things Magnus and Victor said. Telling Malyc he didn't need his help to defeat the entire Veneir tribe was a pretty badical boast as well.

ONce again, playing my recurring NPC for chris Zipeto was a lot of fun, I won't go into too many details but he'll be an even more interesting person for the town to encounter once he comes back to Travance again. A+ scary stories in the dark.

NPC shift sunday was tons of fun, I never mind playing the heavy and brawling half the town. But really, the two man gambling con we did later on was the highlight of the event for me, just because of the level of roleplay by the players AND the comedic aspect it brought to an event that was quite heavy.

Also, I just thought that Anhil's infected personality was especially cool, and Shade was the sassiest thing ever. Giving him two deed-names was a hell of a lot of fun.

Also, the trend continues as every time Alex Schleicher and I get into combat IG he ends up flat on his back from falling over during some part of the fight. Poor guy. He's such an awesome sport about it too.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
Last edit: 08 Mar 2015 23:42 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
09 Mar 2015 00:30 - 10 Mar 2015 02:08 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic March 2015 Highlights
As an early St. Astrid's Day present, Nalick was gifted a potato. It was a beautiful moment, and I reciprocated with soap purchased from Angeliana. Practical gifts both, if you ask me. Later on, Eevie carved my name into the potato and bestowed it with protection against fire, so that it could not be cooked.

It wasn't just the one bar of soap--shaped like a heart and lavender-scented as it was--that I gifted to Eevie. There was another, smaller one with an inscription ("I love you.") During several trips between the Guard Barracks and the Inn while acting as a messenger, I stopped for a moment at her table to let her know where I would be for most of the evening. Before leaving to head back to the Barracks, Nalick reminded her that the inscription was indeed true.

One of my favorite highlights was a pun I made at the Dragon's Claw on Saturday morning. There was a gypsy laughing and slamming his fist into the bar and I advised him to be more careful.

"Be gentle. Bar tender."

Jonas Kane stopping by the bar and remarking on how he preferred his breakfast:
"I like my pancakes medium-rare."

Walking in a group to the Inn and Mistress Jade asking if she could join us.

"I wouldn't mind," I said.
She laughed. "You miss my pickles."

It's a long story.

During Stupid O'Clock, Galen telling a story from his first visit to the Proper. Hilarious, and great delivery to boot. Afterward, I either sang relevant song lyrics or quoted something. Whatever it was, Galen and everyone else gathered around, busted a gut. I think that's the more important part to remember!

In an afternoon walk around the Camp, Fyodor, Burkheart, Imrahil, and I were attacked by Soul Reavers. Fortunately for me, there was that almost-completed house on the edge of Alisandria. I hid in there and waited until all was calm before venturing out. That involved waiting until my three friends were in serious and the Reavers had moved somewhere else. The good news is that I revived them all and dragged them into the house.

I would like to thank Mother Remi for saving me twice, once from critical condition after an encounter with wendigos, and also for rousing me out of unconsciousness when I was kidnapped! Andorra bless you. ;)

Visiting Jed's shack early Saturday morning with Swyft and Mother Remi. Swyft and Remi did the majority of the speaking, but I did chime in with a few things. One of the more lighthearted points I made was in defense of Haroldson, saying that he "made one hell of a sandwich."

Escaping the wendigos with Swyft and not leaving her behind when she tripped into the snow. I won't repeat my comments here.

THE COPPER NALICK SONG.

Apparently, it received a terrific reception. I say apparently because I was busy in the Barracks helping to keep the phocus safe. When I got back to the Inn later that night, Croi asked me what I thought of the song, but after hearing that I didn't get to enjoy her performance, she pulled me aside and sang it for me and everyone fortunate enough to be nearby. Simply fantastic.

Croi sang another sung but stopped abruptly when a fight started in the bar. She started talking about the few things that can stop a bard from singing when I tapped her on the shoulder and...

"Intercept! Unbreakable Voice!"
"I cannot believe you just did that."

Hearing that the copper statue earned its keep late Saturday night when a baddie entered the Dregamire room and attacked Lord Tartaros several times. They used my copper counterpart to "Expel from Lair."

Chilling out and gearing up in the Barracks in the run-up to the invasion. It's a great group of folks and I'm always glad to spend time with them.

I'll see you all in April!

Last edit: 10 Mar 2015 02:08 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Magnus (hippy g0th), Croínamara (Jen), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
09 Mar 2015 08:23 #4 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic March 2015 Highlights
First and foremost, thank you to Norm for checking me out and clearing me after my bad slip on Sunday. I was pretty sure I was ok, but I would have worried myself sick without him there to check me over.

I had a wonderful wonderful weekend. Some Highlights, in no particular order.

Sean Moulson plays a fantastic jerk-face. I'm glad to have real Anhil back, but MAN did he do great as that.

Jen Eff.... Thank you SO much for bringing Big Bear to life in such a fantastic way. Watching Grim, Brother-in-law and Burk RUN from her was hilarious. "BROTHER IN LAW... CAN YOU READ?" Answer: RUN. Watching her push Burk into the snow, or TOWER over Grim and make him explain his reading and writing (even after Sindarian Kindly ate the paper) was hilarious. Also watching her just out strength EVERYONE was hilarious. I do hope we will see her again at some point.

Chicken Soup ... oh Ree, I must have had 3 bowls myself. I love that soup, and nothing could have been better for the weekend.

Kala/Malorn mod - So much fun. I adore the mix of RP, Puzzle solving and combat that goes into these. I never got to do my final plan, but this was good because the rest of Kaladonia was able to handle things. Zach did a masterful job of describing the disgusting and terrible nature of the maggots and the cocoon. Shane was a magnificent Primal Spirit.

Disease, Disease, Disease. Thank the gods for my family physician!

The Nature's herald was an amazing surprise. I (both in and out of character) really miss having them, and being able to summon them. So having one interact with us right during/after the Druid meeting was amazing.

Druid meeting was a success. I hope we keep it up. NOTE to ANYONE scheduling a meeting. Post date/time before Thursday. Some people don't check the boards once Thursday night rolls around.

Mass-a-palooza. Midnight mass. Post Midnight mass by Mother Remy for people who missed midnight mass. Bar Mass. Andorran Mass. Whooooo... Mass!

Feast was delicious. Also... best organized service in a while. Really proud/happy with how well it went out to the tables.

Potato Arrow!!!!

Absolutely LOVED the "being summoned to Malyc" thing. Very cool atmosphere, very well done NPC. I really loved being completely antagonistic to this dark God. Having ignored the pain of the transport and having met my own God before really helped. Favorite parts: Caldor "Ok. What I want is for you to step down, give up your divinity and abandon your dark ways." Malyc "You want my seat?" Caldor "Oh gods no, I won't even be a squire, and you think I want to be a god.??" and Malyc "Maybe I'll visit your wife tonight" Caldor "Oooh... Good luck with that...".

Wife gets taken by Malyc... town response? "Oh, Poor, poor Malyc" So proud to hear she was the only other person to ignore the pain of the transport. Also, I so wish I could have been there to see Wife dress down Malyc and just completely dismiss him. Caldor adores her for many, many reasons, and that's one of them.

I'm sure there is so much more... and I'll remember later.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
09 Mar 2015 11:04 #5 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Hi! I'm Doctor Happyhorns the Satyr Alchemist! and I will be narrating Reece's event highlights for this past weekend at Knight Realms!

-drinks two shots of Satyr wine-
We begin with Reece as Sébastien, working at the Black Bird Tavern and silently mocking all of the idiots that he has to put up with. But then, a massive dragon appears, and Sébastien kills it by himself with nothing but a cork screw and his hand in the shape of a flintlock! It looked so cool! Oh and purple mushrooms EVERYWHERE! He then goes on to hire a couple of female people to work at the Black Bird, because running a Tavern AND slaying dragons alone is tiresome. Afterwards, Sébastien plays poker against what seems to be four tortoise-like demi-gods from the ancient underground water-ways of the far away land of New York City. He used his wit and extremely talented skills to banish them from his tavern with five royal flushes in a row! Followed by him reaping in all of their gold and potions.

This, of course made him very tired, and he slept like a bear until the morning when he then helped Sir Zach Theis' forces fight against a massive Grizzly Snapping Rhino and the armies of Kala...Kaled- Calod-...Green and white people. However, the bitter cold left our hero's hand freezing. He feared it may be close to frostbite, but that's silly because there totally weren't any snow-vampyres around.

Then other things happened...And uhh..Oh yeah, best part! The arrival of yours truly, Dr. HappyHorns the Satyr Alchemist!

You see, I was making my potions, singing songs about not wanting to wear pants, and "tripping balls" because of my special alchemical ingredient, Satyr wine...(Duh!) when the worst thing happened! I ran out of crushed Zualla bones! So I totally left to get more, and when I got back, there were -counts on fingers- like three trolls destroying my 'lab' and drinking my potions and Satyr wine. Any normal person would go straight to the guard people, but then, after scrounging up what potions I had left, I saw the trolls outside yelling and fighting these winged spider-turkeys! But then I realized...Winged spider-turkeys are only found in those graphic books that I shouldn't be reading...Those Trolls were "tripping balls" too. To which I, like any normal being, decided that their condition was punishment enough for their actions. So I followed them and egged them onto fighting all sorts of horrible beasts that were totally not even there! It lasted for three days before we eventually met the nice people of Travance. They killed the trolls really quickly, which is a shame because I was having so much fun with them...But then I thought that it would be fun to sell my potions to the good people and well...Long story short, those potions were used by your corrupted healer peoples. So during that big fight that Travance had against them, half of them were vividly hallucinating and were practically useless. Meaning that the true hero of Travance's Saturday night battle is...Me!

Well anyway, according to Reece, there's tons more stuff that happened this past weekend, like losing tons of gold to a psionist, hanging out with some awesome people who make the greatest of company, screwing up his eyeliner, and binge-drinking on Sunday.

Well, there you have it! Mr. Reece says that he cannot wait to see you all again soon. As for me, I will be working hard on more potions to distribute to you great people of Travance. Good bye!

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Magnus (hippy g0th), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
09 Mar 2015 16:13 #6 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Friday arrived unpacked set up in Winterdark got set, card and... Lay on.

Stayed in the Inn. Listened to a few conversations on the situation went out through a premise on who what and why things were going on and had a knight run off with the idea... Never to be brought back into it again....

Until saturday when i Got to chat for a moment with a certain ghost... Lol. In the Kitchen!

Then they grabbed Seamus... I was very VERY unhpy with that. Caught Raxxas. Its one of those things you just need toknow historically speaking and sure enough i was right.

MainMod. Great set up wonderful hooks but some kinda kept this one to themselves. It was very 'if you need to know'... If you have a skill we need great.

The total lack of coordination on who was going where doing what made things very tough. As things fell into place field soldiering on tactics became a thing. I was very proud of my guys fluxing through the fight staying up getting in the way and running a flowing tactics as directed.

Party over on the battlefield. Need to make sure the focus is ok... I saw noone check. Downon two knees hard... Then run into mass NPC and nearly die...two others with me too. Ouch then ig ouch... Kinda insult to injury come to think on it.

Rescued from certain death in last minute of deathcount... Same for another. Lol

Alistair to the rescue.

It was awesome!

Get to the barracks to find that group while driven off left a mess behind them. I was right but... Not in time. How disappointing...

Chains binding Seamus. I still need the card. Lol. But walking the back into logistics after the very near miss was insane. I love you guys. A tag is a tag but the looks on the NPCs i will never forget. You guys rock! You know who you are. Big Highlight!

Conversations in Winterdark.

Getting to hear something going on around everything else.

A hug from a certain Lord.

Getting drunk by another to do a lesson.

Grims helmet into logistics...lol card anyone.

Lesson chain making.

I really didn't want to go home...

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
09 Mar 2015 16:33 #7 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic March 2015 Highlights
This was an amazing event for me. for the first time in the fout years that I have been playing, I was able to dive face-first into the plot. essentially doing the footwork for the people getting ready to perform the ritual.

Another major highlight was all the amazing RP with Atrus

and lastly, all of the tea.

there are actually a lot more things from this event, but those were the main three things that I wanted to mention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Atrus (Atrus), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
09 Mar 2015 17:43 - 09 Mar 2015 17:49 #8 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic March 2015 Highlights
well, got in a little late for my liking, and NPC'd first off the bat. It was going okay, despite the accidental kidney hit, and a couple accidental head hits. then we got back and I noticed another player with the opening stages of hypothermia. In kicks the Jarhead.

"She's in the beginnings of hypothermia. I'm going to get a thermal blanket in my truck."

"Go."

Dealt with that and a friend with another safety issue, and finished out my night and went to sleep.

Saturday went slow, till the healers told me that they needed to get to the focus. Surprise, Seamus is there, so I simply reply to this with a simple answer "Top o' th' day ta ye, Seamus."

New Blood Spirit, Big Bear mod.

"Burk, Run!"

"If it comes to that, I'm willing to take one for the team."
"huh?"
"I said 'If it comes down to it, I'm willing to take one for the team'."
"Oh."

acquisitions and saved items were useful. Useful Celt is useful.

"Somewhere around, there's a wendigo with a terminal case of Forgiveness."

Learning that as a Valosian and a new found Cavalier, he has some cultural adjustments to make. Sorry Reece again for the head hit, but your weapon drove my shield into my head and it threw me off.

"Alright, laddies...these cultists ha' been in th' dark too long. Let us show them th' sun."

Main mod: the Premiere of the Blood Anvil, the humongous Mithril shield with the blood Spirits insignia on the front of it.. All the crushing blows. "I bring th' wrath o' th' highlands!" Cue a single combat lasting roughly 30 seconds against a high level cleric of Malyc in a Mano a Mano fight. Not bad for me, as I see it. I'm not that big. I was doing well until the crushing blow. Dropped six times.

Conversations with Lord Gideon and Anora. I think that Anora was thinking she had a Celt brawler on her hands and was a little shocked.

Discussion with Kleidin on Druid Ethics.

"What does it mean if a druid says you're a badger of th' north? One back home said tha' ta me and I was confused."

"Tha' was kind of a dick move, Sir Caelvan. Taking me Glengarry."

That's all I got for now. Till next time, put your headlights on when its rainy, never travel Travance alone and wear enough layers to keep you warm.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
Last edit: 09 Mar 2015 17:49 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
09 Mar 2015 18:21 - 09 Mar 2015 20:00 #9 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
Replied by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Friday night

Fighting Fredrick all 3 of the npcs playing him. Come to realize that every time me and Bill (grimkell) fight npc or otherwise I somehow trip over something and end up on the ground. Great mod Run by Matt.

Saturday

Master warrior lesson with Magnus... "Hit me ten times" breaks 3 limbs except my left arm, drink this alcohol and he then picks up Donald's large shield... Now it's time to start....

During main get teleported to Malyc's throne room. Creepiest thing I have ever witness in travance but absolutely awesome to watch

Walk back to barracks to pack up, the barracks had a bunch of spirit leeches in it.... Knock on door... It opens and get chased make it 3 feet and get hit by 2 slaughters and then killing blowed... Thankfully there was healers in a sanctuary inside to save me....

Can't wait for the April event

ig: Erik Silverfang
Captain of the Royal Guard

alt: Yoska Yahtzi
OOG: Alex Schleicher
Last edit: 09 Mar 2015 20:00 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
09 Mar 2015 20:07 - 09 Mar 2015 20:15 #10 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Stream of consciousness style.

-Karen's valuable card insight!
-Liz actually showing up for a few hours, and getting to spend some time betwixt healer things!
-Travancian tales time with Swyft, Mae, Astrid and Quan Liu. Still trying to shake the image of Edwin engaging naer-do-wells in his small clothes! :P
-All the teaching. All the being taught! Duncan as usual, tailoring his lesson to his student. Had the wonderful coincidence of being asked for two lessons that could be taught at the same time, with Angrin's Unarmed Prof being a perfectly suitable vehicle to Dominic's Iron Body!
-Cool heads in a hot kitchen! I love you all, even if I can't keep your names straight.
-Kaladonia being a little too effective at dealing with corrupted rangers. All the inviolate form. My back still hates me.
-Wendigos of unusual strength. Broken limbs hitting a personal record of 16 in an afternoon.
-Slippery Nalick is slippery; to the benefit of all in periphery!
-The few short interactions had with various incarnations of Elias through the weekend. This is as fast as I can say numbers!
-Becky's new alt giving me a case of the "you bear a striking resemblance"s.
-More rp/chill out time than I usually get with Luis. Excellent as ever!
-Full on trade magnate weekend. Didn't hit my lifestyle, but totally have it covered for a few months ahead given some small trades. Got myself a mod breaker/full on BAMF potion to use at some point in the near future!
-Delightful little bits of rp with Duncan, Mae, Quan Liu, Fyodor, Thalia, and Cecilia.
-Why is irritable Anhil more fun Anhil?
-Getting to watch over intermittent bits of Seamus/Marika rp during MM. Top notch stuff there!

And of course, getting to spend the weekend with my chosen family! Looking forward to dropping a total 180 on y'all for alt event!

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
Last edit: 09 Mar 2015 20:15 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett). Reason: people placement
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Gabrian Grottings (E.B), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
09 Mar 2015 20:51 #11 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Anything I can say will be overshadowed by this:

Thank you to everyone who took care of me, asked if I was OK, or put up with me while I nursed my bad back. I'm 95% better, but I didn't want to risk rolling that 5%. You know how my sorcery rolls were...

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Sindarion (Steven SA), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
09 Mar 2015 21:12 - 09 Mar 2015 21:14 #12 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic March 2015 Highlights
I GOT TO TOE TO TOE WITH MATT MAGNUS.
HOLY SMOKES.
WE BEAT EACH OTHER UP WITH FAKE SWORDS GUYS.
IT WAS AWESOME.
~~~

I forgot how much fun it was to write a song and perform it on the same day.
Copper Nalick was highly received. thanks guys <3

~~~

Literally every interaction with Chris Lotano as we chased him and he chased us around as the spirit leeches.

~~~

Any time spent with Jen Wolfson is good time spent. It was wonderful getting to RP with you again.

~~~

Ten seconds of RP with Aleister.

~~~

Lessons with Bele -- SKY MATH!!!!!!

~~~
Late night songs and stories with literally whoever was around each night.
I know i say i hate the cold weather months, but it seriously keeps the Inn alive and players RPing well into odd hours. Interacted with a lot people this month. it was nice. :)

~~~

MAY I INTRODUCE YOU TO SYLUS MOTHER @#$^ING CRONE.

~~~

Drunken andorran mass mod, Guys, you actually brought an amazing sense of levity to the game. It was heartwarming.

~~~

"*disgruntled sigh*.... i /HATE/fire" - Dame Arden Ull Uidhir

~~~

The pie candle at the scholars table and all of the lies it held.

~~~

Dear Knight Realms,
I am continually impressed by your willingness to step up to make sure that your fellow players are safe and secure in bad situations. I cannot count on one hand the amount of times i saw people go the extra mile this month. Thank you.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 09 Mar 2015 21:14 by Croínamara (Jen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Morgan (faewinds)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
09 Mar 2015 21:17 #13 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Somehow, going to a larp *fixed* my sleep cycle.

Go figure.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Sindarion (Steven SA), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
09 Mar 2015 21:25 #14 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic March 2015 Highlights
While we play characters that have different ideologies, moralities, and even nationalities it is a joy to be a part of the team that is this community. From clashing with Brendan's character on the battlefield, to amazement at Sidhe's talented bartering to the execution at the hands of Joe's character Lucius- it was nothing short of a pleasure to play with you all.

Thank you guys, staff, and James for the great weekend! Here's to many more!

Eli
RP Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Mar 2015 21:25 - 09 Mar 2015 21:26 #15 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Oh and Lord Silverbow gives the Best ronin lessons.

Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

Land system Marshal
Last edit: 09 Mar 2015 21:26 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings).
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
09 Mar 2015 21:47 #16 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Oh my gosh, how did I forget Big Bear <3

Thank you, Jason Marin and Sean Moulson, for dragging me into this awesome encounter. Everyone who I assaulted, I love you and you are amazing.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
09 Mar 2015 23:09 - 09 Mar 2015 23:11 #17 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Hmmm….. Snowy event and long event for me as I was one of the crazies who drove up Thursday in the snow.

Thursday:
Got in by 2pm after being on the road since 9am… and immediately began helping setup tables. Then it was go split wood for the fire place with the crew.
An old player stopped in to see the place and drop off examples of his game for game night. Good times and wonderful conversations.

Friday:
Food run for Feast- Luis, I don’t mind doing this when I am there early. More setup stuff and greeting of folks coming in.
After Lay on, general watching of crowd…. Then a request to help a Silverbow get his “caravan” unstuck- a more unlikely group got it done too… Soli may be a damn good mage, but he’s a horrible caravan driver.
The introduction of Faith into the arsenal. That hammer will prove useful later on Saturday night….
The only two medical things I was involved in happened within five minutes of each other and both serious for different reasons.
Strangely enough… no major fights for me. With the snow and Ice, I am happy about this…

Saturday-
Up late, get to walk Market Faire to see what is available and to see who’s arrived with the morning light.
Even though I am not on the Guard, some folks still insist that I am… the fact that so many of the guard come to me for advice, Blood Spirit and not, is telling as to how much respect I am accorded- and likely as not reinforces this perception of still being part of it.
Observed an investigation I was privy to come to its end. Not sure how I feel about it, considering how quiet the end of it came… but I suspect I know why.
A talk with Seamus and a plan to speak later…. That plan Interrupted with his taking. Not good, not good, not good…

Feast was excellent and there was plenty! Beverage…. Not so much but no big deal.
Main Mod…. And the vow to Marika that I’d be with her when Seamus found and I’d protect her as best I could.
Advancing into the fray alongside the Old Sword and her Blood Spirits- Was a thing to see as they followed her direction as a team and the Old Sword held her own against the Big Bad until she slipped on her cloak.
This fall of hers triggers the first time I’ve ever used Intercede…. And I draw the bad guy’s attention as others get her up.

Jason Turqman, sometime we be needing to spar on even ground without cloaks. You, sir, are a pain in the dupa to block. It was after my fighting you that I drew out Faith for some Master Florentine action in defense of others.

Watching Magus lead an Enraged Grimjell on a merry chase…. “Come on Grim… here boy!” This of course got Grim to roar and chase… only to crash into a tree Magnus deliberately sidestepped. Oh so worth the belly-laugh for several reasons. Raxxas pulling grim from his rage, just as funny for how he did it.

When the fighting drifted to the ritual site, Edmund came over to check on us over by Seamus.
“You all alright?”
“Aye…. Thanks for checking.”
“Good” a long pause as he turned to watch the fighting then back to me. “Duncan… do you think they will go after the Phokus while this is going on?”
“I would… were it me leading this nonsense.”
“Hmmm… I guess I better go check on it then.”
“Take someone with you…. Better yet, take two- its likely to be crazy if something is happening”

He told me later on after main that I had been right on the money…. And that he should have taken two with him…made for some laughter between us

After the fighting finished and Seamus did his thing, fighting broke out in the Inn and as it ended, more could be heard by Pendarvin. Fast rally of travancians to go to the sound of fighting...

Get on scene with Lord Tartaros and his lady, the small group of us deal with the baddies…. And I see a newcomer on the ground.
“First Aid- Assess….”
“Critical”
CRAP “Healer!”
None to be had…
Overheard from a tree- “I have scrolls!”
Alester- “Can you cast a gaian scroll?”
Me- “Yes…”

… and the first time I get to use Priestly ability to cast a powerful spell scroll, saving the new PC with fifteen seconds left. Go Me!

later in this night after that, a long talk at the barracks about what was going on was had. Interesting times ahead I think.

Sunday Morning
Winterdark Showerhouse all to self- for about three minutes. Lots of hot water though… so hey, can’t complain!
Up to the Inn and it was lesson time… and as noted by Brendan, I try to tailor lessons to the student as no two students are the same. An example of this is the creative Willpower lesson given on the way back from the inn to the Barracks/Winterdark area
*Itching Powder to back of neck and spine* “Don’t scratch….”
Student thru gritted teeth “Duncan, that’s mean…”
Me: “Maybe… but its creative and effective. Cannae argue that…”
Student: “No…. I can’t. Still isn’t right….”
Me: “Perhaps. But if it works… then its effective.”

It was then End of Game and the grand packing… with more semi-stuck vehicles to deal with. :)

Good event, interesting event and I look forward to April.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 09 Mar 2015 23:11 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Mar 2015 00:08 #18 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Man I forgot I ran into that tree. Probably because I knocked some brain cells loose. (Just kidding it was a staged ram, I didn't actually hurt myself at all, I just sold the hit.)

Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

Land system Marshal
  • Morgan
  • Thank Yous: 20
10 Mar 2015 01:27 #19 by Morgan (faewinds)
Replied by Morgan (faewinds) on topic March 2015 Highlights
OH MAN

-Morgan now bartends at all three bars on the proper, go figure.
-She also, apparently, gives good backrubs.
-Outrunning plot all weekend was easier than I thought it would be
-Malyc is so thirsty, though. Does wifey know you're that hot for teacher?
-DRUNKEN ANDORRAN MOOOOOOOOOD, Orion's face when I called Mass was priceless
-Being a mage who sold her soul for a army of goblins and sassing literally everyone, playing with Kevin in the snow was fun :cheer:
-Getting yelled at not to let my 'extra-curriculars' distract me from my path, Morgan has a dad for the first time in a decade
-Morgan and Clytie seriously need to spend more time together
-As do Morgan and Shade
-And Morgan and Nalick, so much latent flirting :P

I'm probably missing stuff, but I had so much fun! Thanks, everybody, I love you all!

[img

Player: Mary Rose M.
Main: Morgan Cooper, High Priestess Of Glomm, Find Gregory Ya Gahdang Self
Alt: Fiona Hesperus, SAYTR NOT ANTHROPORMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION OF GOOD, Physician, Scholar
Alt: Elizabeth Spencer, Stonefall
Alt: Briar, Stonefall, Druid
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
10 Mar 2015 03:28 #20 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Hurting back and all it was worth it to see you wonderful people again.

Sorcery talks with Lord Silverbow and Sir Barak and the light that went off in Jason's eyes when I told him I wanted to be a Dragon Sorcerer.

Jack Willard...one of these days...I hate/ love you Chris.

Sir Pluvious of Winterdark.

Anorra the Drake Queen of Drega'Mire.

Lastly, Mithril Armoured Battle Drakes...I call the Ice Drake!!!

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Annora (Karen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
10 Mar 2015 03:35 #21 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Speaking of Big Bear...
"Hello! Nice to meet you, I'm a freak of nature!" Seeing Big Bear, who chased around the burly barbarian men, shrink back from Sindarion after Grim told her he was "filled with maleficarum" was pretty awesome. Never before has a scrawny bard felt more intimidating.
but srsly, though, that mini-mod was amazing

Overall, Sindarion didn't get involved with the main plot all that much, but Zach's Kaladonia mod provided a huge impetus for Sindarion this month.
From stepping through Feranwyl's self-plant-druid-teleporty-gate to the fight with the putrid hunters, it certainly started off with a bang... but the best came when we had to stop the Primal Spirit from reaching the tree.
Watching everyone go hog wild on Shane was crazy, especially Jack Thorn. He had broken legs or something, kept getting downed, but he kept getting healed back up and literally crawled in the snow to keep fighting.
Meanwhile Sindarion was towards the maggot-ridden cocoon, trying to hold back the spirit with magic and soaking up all those diseases.
CORPUS FLUUUUUUUU
Trying everything to cure a mysterious disease that would not go away!
Also eating at feast away from everyone else because of this strange disease called CORPUS FLUUUU
And then singing at feast! All the while coughing and getting exhausted afterwards because of CORPUS FLUUUU
And then research about CORPUS FLUUUU
And then Clytie finally cured it.

Main mod! Chris, words cannot say how fun it was chasing you through the snow.

The dwarves who made Sindarion's shakey stick go boom. And then using said shakey stick against some goblins.

Although one of the moments that really made the event was the winding-down after main mod, talking with Owen about his encounter with Malyc, which led to more conversations about a whole bunch of other things. What started as a conversation with Owen tearing up from fear ended up with Sindarion tearing up from joy. Josh, it's always an awesome time RP-ing with you!

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
10 Mar 2015 03:38 #22 by Sindarion (Steven SA)

Morgan Blackwood wrote: OH MAN
-DRUNKEN ANDORRAN MOOOOOOOOOD, Orion's face when I called Mass was priceless

HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS.
I think I drank more bottles of water and iced tea in the span of ten minutes than I did all that morning

man that was fun

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morgan (faewinds)
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
10 Mar 2015 08:53 #23 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Just a typical weekend for my brother. The wildmage plays with a stick and explodes...
-___-
tmi, bro...

(OOG) Teresa Amore
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
10 Mar 2015 10:17 #24 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic March 2015 Highlights
-Fredrick Finale, to all the P.C.'s who got to play, i hope you enjoyed the story and the work i put into the finale. To all my NPC's you guys were spot on and fantastic, i cannot thank you enough for all the hard work you have put into these mods. And Steve Oros Thank you for constantly answering questions/ getting things approved for me over the last 8 months

-Playing a Magnus who has lost all care for social/political pretensions, and excellent RP with the count over everything that has happened ending in an agreeable stalemate... "I dont trust you any more... so one of my people is going to be working as your scribe from now on to report to me when things seem amiss"

-Malyc... what can i say, for the first 2 min before i got my chance to speak, i wasn't a paladin, i was the 15 year old kid at his 3rd event when Malyc walked into the inn and i was terrified. I found my self actively reminding my self that i was a paladin and i needed to be a symbol of defiance

-Almost getting Killed by Jenn Eff >.<

Thank you to all the staff players and NPC's for an awesome weekend

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Sindarion (Steven SA), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
11 Mar 2015 09:56 #25 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic March 2015 Highlights
My first event back since September :)

Lets see....

-Getting there and being hugged!
-Seeing Lord Silverbow and finding out theres a plague amongst the healers!
-Trying to help, realizing it wasnt going to happen, and therefore wandering and finding out things randomly that I apparently wasnt supposed to know. Pretty much par for the course Id say.
-Helping anyone I could, leading to very interesting conversations and doings.
-Trying to heal Shamus and facing down Jason while he stood there, daring me to go into the Spirit Realm after him. Had Marika asked me to, I likely would have. But not just because an evil creature told me to.
-Going into the Spirit Realm anyways! And NOT being obliterated. That was a thing and I was very interested to see Mae do something that one would argue was completely rash, reckless, and mayhap stupid. She literally did not and does not care though- she has grown in some ways different then I would have thought.
-RPing with Quan Lui, Imrahil, Swyft, tons of people that my tired brain doesnt remember atm
-Being soooo tired and cold right before Main Mod and then fully waking up and being very warm during the fighting. I was so warm that I sat in the snow afterwards and didnt feel anything!
-Making it home barely after calling Heather and having her talk to me to wake me up. Seeing hallucinations while driving is no fun.

I will hopefully see you all in the April event. Take care all!

-Liz

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Mother Marika (Ophelia), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
11 Mar 2015 10:11 - 11 Mar 2015 10:16 #26 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic March 2015 Highlights
~ Reactions to Atrus's eyes
~ All RP with the infected healers. A+ spitting at me and being all somber and hateful.
~ Soap sale during market fair! Thank you all for your support <3
~ Gypsies. These guys are hilarious. Table next to mine during late market had me giggling non stop. RP gold.
~ Aleister grilling Syndra for giggling during the small council meeting. "She is laughing, she is enjoying our pain, sounds Augurran to me..." Augurrans make Andorrans sad... sorry Taylor.
~ Banishing the staff demons in the inn.
~ Vox's disappointment for Angeliana missing the poker game. Haha, I was sadder, trust me.
~ Yelling at Bolton for being rude and ripping out Anhil's heart in the inn around empathic healers. OUCH.
~ Then crying when he was executed and passionately disapproving / arguing with Lord Blackthorne.
~ Benediction for feast, and also yummy shepards pie!
~ Barmass! Getting drunk during mass. Valosian coooooooookiiiies.
~ Marika and Shamis's wedding! All the RP with both all event. Sam... nice :)
~ The Copper Nalick song. AMAZING. Jenn F. You are a genius. Period. Also got the Magnus song stuck in my head and got a bunch of folks to laugh later when I was sleepy in front of the fire and mumbled: "Magnus punched a face with his tree once" ... cause tired.
~ Pluvious is Winterdark meow! "One of us! One of us!" Congrats!
~ Ritual group lingering before the fighting started for main mod, then the entire town rushing out leaving the few of us behind when the corrupted healers attacked the inn... Stellar tactics... :unsure:
~ The ritual during main mod. Looked sooo cool. From the blood I got all over my dress while circling the corrupted to the lamp oil fires burning and lighting everything up. This was awesome. Well done!
~ Interactions with corrupted healers during the ritual. I think I blew every mental defense / courage / hope skill I had on me to not lose it. Way to torment me friends and students.
~ Hugging Karen's healer when Angeliana felt her sorrow and loneliness after the cleanse. Everyone needed a hug.
~ Getting carried back to the inn after blowing Font of life. That was a large pulse! Rutger's (sp?) talk.
~ Double fisting wine bottles. Win.
~ Talking to the focus.
~Winterdark Shenanighans. :silly:

Can't wait to see you all perhaps when it's a little warmer in April. Take care KR family! <3

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 11 Mar 2015 10:16 by Angeliana (Angeliana). Reason: I can't spell :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atrus (Atrus), Mother Marika (Ophelia), Annora (Karen), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 Mar 2015 14:23 #27 by Sindarion (Steven SA)

Rowan wrote: Just a typical weekend for my brother. The wildmage plays with a stick and explodes...
-___-
tmi, bro...

The best part was that Orren tried to use his ability to nullify a wild surge on it... BUT IT WASN'T A WILD SURGE! IT WAS CRAZY DWARFS

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
11 Mar 2015 21:34 #28 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Friday's Fredrick mod was excellent, even if I fell on my arse in the snow no less than fourteen times.
Some beautiful RP went on between the Angel and the Archdevil, and at times it looked pretty bleak but we held it together. It was particularly rewarding for Swyft to watch the archdevil of Glomm be cast out from an angel of Valos! Great mod, thanks Matt and everyone else who was involved!

The appearance of a staff that spit out demons into the tavern late at night was interesting...

Atrus' exploding jar ritual... That was fun. Left nice colors on the snow, too.

Complications with Jed... sigh! And Mother Remi's assistance.

Father LaBelle's kind words in the monastery! Thank-you for the encouragement!

Reading Atrus' cards...
“Be the water dragon!”

45 minute Wendigo fight! When Imrahil alerted me that Nalick was down for the count by the mage's guild, I scrambled to reach him and thus engaged in the most tiring battle of the century!
I hated having to leave Mother Remi in her sanctuary, but the few folks we had were with were getting totaled, so we had to get some distance since none of us could even damage them! This did not bode well with Swyft's nature, so I had the bright idea to try and cut through the snow to get to Alissandria for help. Nalick came with me, and about halfway where, we were so tired from the deep snow that it became this big dramatic production of “Go on without me”s and delightfully silly comments with Nalick, who never gave up on me!<3

And then the fight continued for another twenty minutes. Lol! Good job, everyone!

Made it, just barely, to the Kriss! Good to see the kin all together, even if I got there late and battered with a busted coin belt. :(

Attempting to read Jed's fortune with an oracle deck was an amusing time. In the middle of it, Jade appears behind the chair. When I realize, I do manage to contain my surprise and mold it into a high pitched “We really have to stop meeting like this!”
Much love, Padma! It's so hard to hold back the laughter!

Main mod was awesomely exciting. From the giant ritual to the madness of Great, Glowing Soul Harvester, it was a good time. Being teleported via agonizing thunderbolt to the lair of Malyc, himself, was one hell of a scene. It had a strangely Wizard of Oz feeling to it, except much, much darker...
I had Eric, a fellow guardsman with me, Cade one of the newer gypsies I met and Father Godfrey, a Valosian priest who I just met that day.

James' apartment had been dressed to the nines to appear as Malyc's lair, and so it did! Dark with ominous sound effects, I almost jumped out of my skin when a voice echoed from all around the chamber: “Hello, kitty.”

He was miked! Awesome!

“I can give you what you want so very badly. Just ask. Go on.”
“What... do I want?”
“You don't want him 'saved? Jediah Frost?'”
“Who ARE you?”
“Come now, can't you tell? With the delightful chaos swirling around us? My dear child, I am Malyc. Now, in what form do you want to see him? Valosian Jed? Andorran Jed? It can be anything...”
“I don't make deals with devils!”
“Oh, I am no mere devil.”

And it went on like that for a bit. He tried to tempt Eric, Godfrey and Cade, but we stood strong! Godfrey was wonderful, speaking bravely with great faith in Valos!
“Valos can't hear you. You are alone,” said Malyc.
“Together our light shines more brightly than you could ever imagine!” I said, joining hands with the others for proper sappy effect.
… At least I hope it sounded that epic! The memory is not what it used to be...

Overall... What a cool scene! So glad to be part of it!
Whoever played Malyc is a straight up gangster. Mad props to you, sir. I don't know how you knew as much as you did, but it threw me enough times that I had to take some time to gather my thoughts! You were AWESOME!

The closing moments of the ceremony were crazy! Pulling a sword out of first Lord Aleister and then my Lady Tartaros was kind of morbid...

Sunday morning breakfast order shenanigans with the invisible narrators... Oh man, Elias... you're a riot. Also, fun healer lessons at the bar!

Another blessed Sunday Morning Constitutional with Jonas and Kayla! We almost died in the snow, because Jonas has good ideas!

My healing lessons with Wylla, though usually enjoyable, proved to be a bit challenging with Karkat insisting on tormenting me in his new mask... Evil bastard! One of these days...

And of course, there was the debacle in solving the mystery of miscommunication between Quan Liu, Belegchand and Karkat and the potential dangers, thereof.

(This is the conversation as best I can remember it.)

Belegchand: Squire Swyft, will you please go collect 10 gold from Quan Liu for this matter he knows of?

Me: Sure.
(Goes to Quan Lieu in the kitchen)
Squire Belegchand asked me to collect 10 gold he says you owe him.

Quan Lieu: Please tell Squire Belegchand that I will be paying that 10 gold to the barony and not to him.

Me: (goes back to Belegchand) He says that he will be paying the 10 gold to the barony and not to you.

Belegchand: Well, will you please tell Quan Lieu that he has to pay the 10 gold to me FOR the barony...

Me: (flailing) OKAY! I'm not going to play this crazy game. I'm just going to get him to come over here...
(Goes to Quan Lieu)
I don't mean to be a bother, but it's becoming an issue.

Quan Lieu: (Puts on hat and storms out.)

To brief the situation, apparently Quan Lieu thought that Karkat was teaching Belegchand something, and so he actually did something Karkat asked... There were claims of mayhem inciting and questions of morality and law... Thankfully, it was worked out without the need of arrest of either, which I am not sure would have gone so well......

Yet another enjoyable weekend. You always deliver, KR, you beautiful, chaotic mix of wonderful people. I can't ever hope to thank-you all enough!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Dorn (Aradiel), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
11 Mar 2015 21:56 #29 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic March 2015 Highlights
It was a short event for me because I arrived Saturday afternoon, but I had a total blast and enjoyed getting to see everyone!

I had fun playing a little girl crying in the inn as well as a drunken troll and got to debut my alt: Sidhe Sullivan. Sidhe quickly got the lay of the business landscape and learned a lot about this strange and dangerous land she's stumbled into. How dangerous? Well, I'm sure she'll find out.

See you all again soon! It's always wonderful to get a chance to come up, even in the cold!

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
15 Mar 2015 14:10 #30 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic March 2015 Highlights
Cyl;us Crone and I do not get along on many levels. Therefore it was both surprising and refreshing, to have us in complete agreement on two matters. The first was to have a capable scholar do some research into a foolhardy matter proposed by another. We simultaneously said "Mordra would be perfect for it."  We looked askance at one another, and one of us said "If we both agree, it must be done,"

Later, a matter of concern for which we were both qualified to comment came up. I spoke to him about it at the bar. "No one tells me anything" he said, stealing my patented line.

Good talks with Cyndra.

Figuring how to close the fissure. I can take no credit for it, as it was completely done by accident, as I was scrambling not to get dropped. Sometimes, being lucky is better than being good.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds