Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
06 Jun 2016 03:37 - 06 Jun 2016 15:34 #1 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights! was created by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
I'm not sobbing and being comforted by a templar of my opposing deity, you're--well, okay, I guess that was just me after all.

*Starts actually crying*
Bob: "Ah, come here, ya big softy."
Ketryn: "Awww!"

Wednesday, I was told that no one had showed up on the beach and decided to postpone Andorran mass (there was also the problem of not having an altar). Then I was told that no fewer than 10 people were waiting for me, including the Seneschal, and I hurried down. Call it a memoriam or whatever you will, but thank you to those who showed up, who participated in the discussion, and who helped me out when I ran out of words to say. Taylor, that philosophical discussion on the docks was fascinating and fun!

-Stumbling upon a game of "Never Have I Ever" in the Inn late one night; Nalick blushing and quickly taking a swig in response to certain questions and hoping no one noticed.

Coming into game with Chenjing and collapsing simultaneously. I had my eyes closed for most of the scenes that followed, but it was entertaining hearing all of the reactions to a passed out, bloodied Nalick.
-Getting to hang out in the Blood Spirit encampment, which included pulling a piece of old, broken fencing out of a woodpile and telling everyone not to "take a fence."

More talks with Lois than I've had in a while! Yay!

A poignant conversation with Thalia, resolving to find more time in the future.

Speaking at Main Mass despite not having anything prepared. Templar Aldric opened up his Valosian Bible and pointed out several passages that I could read from, including an Andorran parable. Then I told everyone about Bob and Nalick's pancake breakfast and what an odd dynamic our friendship really is. I still need to work on eye contact, but the only sweat on my face was from the heat outside. Dave, thank you for continuing to push me to speak in front of people. I'm definitely getting better!

Meeting Winifred as Chet and despite her labeling him a "neanderthal" at least five times, discovering that the two of them weren't all that different after all.

Finding out from Dirge that "eggs over easy" aren't easy because they run all over the place.
Also agreeing that "life's too short" and hugging it out.

Grim inviting Chet along to chat with the Count, which ended in a freewheeling political discussion involving Bob, Dame Arden, and plenty of silliness.

Bonding with Argyle out on the porch with some whiskey and learning one of his family's sayings.

Jun, Aiki, Kestrel, and Wander. You guys were a blast and I wish we had more time for shenanigans.

Cody, Chet may have been peeved, but you gave that scene your all, bud. Props.

Nearly getting Meander to spit out her tea more times than I could count, while trying to get her to "be more selfish," was a lot of fun. Sarah, thank you for being a great sport!

Spitballing ideas with Jason Feldman during my NPC shift in the week portion and one of them being sent out. Jason M., Bill H., and Dave R., I'm glad that I could come along and still giggling about it.

Jeeves and Warchester, Baronial Census-takers. "That information will be... proprietary."

Ben's description and narration to our group on the way into the sewers. It set the stage incredibly well and the mod itself was terrifying.
-Magnus singing a song for Fanfare of Victory as we entered the sewer.

Talking with the Baron about something incredibly important and not feeling like I fell on my ass! Huzzah!

Sharing the legend of the "Bedouin Bean Man" with Yoshi.

Amizar's duck egg quiche and coming up with a story on the fly.

Midori's adorable gift, as well as her teaching Chet how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Talks with Tharivol about his dietary proclivities. General silliness with him and Dethie at the Kaladonia cookout.

Gideon and Beligor teaching Chet/Jeff how to cook a steak.

Gideon: "It came out well."
Chet: "I really hope not!"

Wolfgar. Mountain of hilarity. Thanks for the food, dude. :D

Meeting Alicia F. after game and finding out that our senses of humor are both delightfully inappropriate!

So many wonderful moments and memories. All of the people I bumped into after the hold was apparently called can testify that I didn't want it to end so soon.

I even contemplated going in-character to the diner afterward. Guys, I might have a problem...

Last edit: 06 Jun 2016 15:34 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
06 Jun 2016 06:13 #2 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
"Next time, send someone nice to the Council meeting?"
Aldric: "I am not nice?!?"
"No, you are not. You dont smile, you dont cater to the Nobles..."
Aldric: ...

"I hope I didn't offend you."
Aldric: "A little, yes."
"But you are a GREAT Valosian!"

Lesson Learned: Being a terrible person = Being a Good Valosian.

If Aldric wasn't nice before, he certainly may become way less now.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
06 Jun 2016 08:06 #3 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Only made the weekend portion but it was so worth it.

Debating up until the last minute whether or not to go, James pre-event description clinched it that I had to make it. Telling James and Steve I was injured so I couldn't walk much, so of course for Steve I walked more this event then ever before.

Laughing so much at being the only safety marshal to walk around adding injuries and 2 swollen legs.

Having a conversation with the baron 2 months ago ig and oog and finally really see his advice come to pass.

Continuing to be thrust in important roles and for once not panicking.

I loved how much everyone worked together this month, and thank you to everyone who worked so hard to follow my instructions and helping me.

Making a very.......pretty dark elfor woman and then setting him on the town.

Shenanigans with Gus all event there's so much more to come.

love that my relationship continues to grow with Syllus.

Seriously defending Alisandrias reputation to someone and realized I really meant it.

Getting a promotion after thinking it was never going to happen. Leaving kaledonia and really surprised and happy at how supportive they were

All my interactions with Keavy

Conversation late Saturday with Calvin and feeling so incredibly hurt while trying to pretend it was fine

Interview with Miranda and Corsair after getting him back alive.

Training with calvin and rudy Sunday morning

I'm sure there's so much more that I'm forgetting but this weekend really was amazing

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Jack (Keeperofdice), Faila (Faila)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
06 Jun 2016 08:18 #4 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!

Aria wrote: Interview with Miranda and Corsair after getting him back alive.
-

Wrong sister ;P

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
06 Jun 2016 10:03 #5 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
So much awesome that I'm definitely forgetting something for sure. For the week portion I played Aimee. Then I heard it was going to rain, and swapped to something...far less painted, like my Romani.
  • Getting the chance to rejoin both Creepy and Trent in a bunch of bardic performing, and earning a good chunk of change. Apparently we really resonated during the "Pardners Tale", and OOG I need to bring that up with him again
  • The same game of Never Have I Ever with Nalik until about 5AM in the morning. I think Aimee accidentally started this game because of her love of humany games. There was much giggling from Aimee
  • Water and swimming at the beach. Aimee was terrified and intrigued by everyone swimming (She's part sugar cane, in case you question her lack of swimming) but really wanted to play.
  • Friday, coming back in as Amilia, we got surged by a Wild Mage and whispered by Demons. Fun and a little concerned about what we were dealing with.
  • The look on people's faces when they heard my family curse prevents me from harming any worldly creatures, especially the undead. Damn my father for making sure I stayed safe and learned to run!
  • Searching for Phylacteries. I'm surprised we hadn't found a single one. (About noon, there were 3 left at that point.)
  • Main mod. Oh this is a long one. First, we got Satyr's Wine laced alchemy from a Satyr alchemist. The undead raided the building and the Romani and I scurried to safety. We barricaded outself in an Inn bedroom behind a trapped door and two advanced locks (on the inside of the door). If they broke past the trap and the locks, we intended to blow all we had, and if all else failed? Wild mage surge while Amilia safely barricaded herself in a closet (to loot the undead and pick up her fallen brethren)
  • ...When the Satyr almost triggered previous trap by knocking on the door and screaming "I'll knock like this!". We almost lost it there. Satyr dude, well done.

All in all, amazing game as always, and I'm sad that I won't get to see you lot until July most likely (Unless work lets me take off just for Market Faire, which I doubt). Now to lick our wounds, blisters, and bruises in time for next game!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
06 Jun 2016 11:07 #6 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
See how damn tired I am I didn't even get you two right ;)

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
06 Jun 2016 11:51 #7 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
By far my favorite event! (even though it is only my second moon)

For this event I took extra NPC shifts; they proved to be quite a treat. Three notable experiences consisted of New players mods, The Grey Daisy Trading Co., and Eteve Srwin's Annual big game hunt. The latter two seemed very enjoyable to those who were involved with it. This was especially true for the grey daisy where we sold a sharp cheese ax , terracotta underpants, lead shoes, and our never worn halfling shoes, etc. Some the best experiences I have had stem from the wide variety of NPC adventures.

As for Gras, he has had quite the eventful weekend.

-Came in second during the grand melee at Alisandria
-Caught the eye of those in the Barony and asked to be a member of the onyx guard
-See KR from a whole new perspective with Sir Pluvious
-most importantly! getting to know more people in and out game along with becoming more and more intertwined in the story and its characters

Already excited for the next event

,Gras

Taylor Meise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Voo (Voo)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
06 Jun 2016 12:15 #8 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Again, my favorite event so far. Like, just amazing. Thank you to James, Steve, and everyone involved.

Somehow I was nonstop busy but also didn't do a whole lot. I don't know how.

Friday night was dominated by a crazy 4 hour mod, but SO WORTH IT. Even with a bit of a misunderstanding it ended up being probably my favorite mod ever. 10/10, would do again (please do again!!) thank you to everyone who ran it. Thank you for making it less about what level you were and what was on your card and more about how good of a problem solver or creative thinker you were. It was nice actually being useful on a high level mod when you're the new person in the group. To the people in my group- I LOVE YOU ALL. Seriously, best team ever, 15/10, would work together again

Staying up all night giving lessons to argyle, making some super good business deals and making enough gold to finally afford my business. Sorry to the bank, I came and made so many deposits they ran out of room on my card XD

And then I really don't remember a lot of what happened between making breakfast and waking up to go be Fiona. Apparently I forgot to drink any water or eat much food (or sleep) for two days. Whoops. Don't be me, I'm a bad example. I kinda remember starting to set feast, I remember Argyle yelling at me to go take a nap at like 6:30. I remember falling asleep on the floor of drega'room... And next thing I know Karen is handing me coffee and Damian is handing me water and somehow I'm in bed and it's like 8:30....

Surprise! You're gonna be involved in a ritual! Oh, you've never even seen what a KR ritual looks like, especially as someone who doesn't use the weave for magic? Whoops, make it up.

Every time I play Fiona it is the highlight of my event. I'm going to be so sad when this plot is resolved because being able to be so involved with players and plot is consistently my favorite. Being able to stay out for an extra 3 hours to talk to everyone who had questions or wanted to meet her made my weekend, and I am so impressed with the role play that everyone I interacted with provided. I wish I'd had more than 4 RP points because I tracked down people the next day to give them those 4, but j really could have done with like... 10 or 12 to really give everyone what they deserved.

My lesson of the weekend- drink water drink water drink water.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Dorn (Aradiel), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Dethie Blackeby
  • Ná bac le cúraimí na ndragan, ós briosc atá tú agus fíorbhlasta le h-anlann trátaí!
  • Thank Yous: 37
06 Jun 2016 13:11 - 06 Jun 2016 14:22 #9 by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby)
Replied by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
As usual, in no particular order:

-Learned my first set of Druid spells, two of them from Jack Thorn (who, OOG, seriously needs to do voiceover work), one from mo chroí, Tharivol (but did you have to cut yourself to do it, for shite sake?!), and one from Keavy, with an assist from a disease-riddled Caelvan (because what better way to learn Purify Food and Drink?).

-Various trips to the Stonebars' Stone-Bar Bar, including whiskey from the First Age and some scorpion wine... A foyne night i'twere.

-Teasing Kyras that his hat smelled like dead pirate (OOG, best hat ever).

-Kaladonia nosh... Thanks to Lady Kleidin for the introduction to lemon thyme in a burger, because I never would have tried that on my own.

-Scrapping with Chet outside the Inn.

-Adventures with chipmunks in the tent every morning.

-A gift from Midori that may not have been a big deal to her, but was very touching for Dethie (and, while doing paperwork with her, learning about Space Unicorn, which I didn't realize was missing from my life until then).

-Potato farmers with dire chickens.

-HOLY CRAP ZI CAME TO GAME.

ETA:

-How could I forget, Lord Wellington Wellington Wellington of House Wellington, or as I liked to call him, Beefy.

-Toasting marshmallows, the hiveminded evolution of "mallomallomallo," and various methods of siege marshmallows.

I may add more as things come to me, but yeah, a great time overall :)

IG: Dethie Blackeby
Vassal of Kaladonia
OOG: Merideth P.... or you can still call me Dethie :)
Last edit: 06 Jun 2016 14:22 by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby). Reason: add
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
06 Jun 2016 13:23 - 06 Jun 2016 13:26 #10 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Where do I even start with this?

Friday:
To everyone who put together that intense 4+ hour long wee hour of the morning mod I would like to send a tremendous THANK YOU! It was an absolute blast and the puzzles were fantastic! I really enjoyed working together with my teammates and I may be biased (OK, very biased) but I really think we were the very best team and our abilities rounded each other out nicely. Hats off to you. You know you you are. <3 What do you do with a drunken sailor? Muahahaha.

Saturday:
SOOOOOooooo, I knew Ketryn joining the Guard would ruffle some feathers but I was not exactly expecting open assassination attempts during broad daylight in front of Lords and Ladies, visiting dignitaries, the Knight Captain, and most of the rest of the Guard! Props to Jeff for pushing his character's RP to 11 and just...going for it full out, what with the screaming and the threats and pistol brandishing and all. There's nothing quite like having the Knight Captain and a Sergeant of the Guard take bullets for a former serial killer who is now working for them. A+ weird political fallout that ended up sucking in way more parties than I even imagined. Oh my is this game complicated, paradoxical and fun!

Lots of fun hanging out with Allyce and helping Arradir and Maer on investigations. I had a total blast with all of that :D

And then the acquisition of a VERY unusual pen pal. I look forward to exploring wherever that goes as well.

Also, I wanted to call out the fun interactions I had with Ben's Bob character after Ketryn was assigned as his mentee on the Guard. Actually being pushed in the RP is very fun and I look forward to exploring it further.

Also, the weird faceoff with Wormwood. Spooky spooky. Damn dude, you are one patient mf willing to go the extra mile for that RP. Nothing quite like getting the feeling you are being followed, trying to casually shake the tail, waiting a long time, thinking the coast is clear, and then opening a door to see them staring right at you.

After such an eventful day I took a nap during main mod only to wake to a sneaky sneak Mage's Guild cabin thief. After I was ratcheting Ketryn's Paranoia level up to 100 all day that certain cabin raider is very lucky circumstances prevented their accidental murder. You came so close to being stabbed. So, so close.

Also, Saturday Night Sewer Escapade was amazing. A+ for full on terror. At one point nearly everyone was down and I was just standing there, hidden, thinking "welp..."

There were also a number of very fun interactions with Nesterin, Ludwig, Lake, Rook, Oren, Nalick, Cyndra, Dennis and so many others +++

It was a blast.

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
Last edit: 06 Jun 2016 13:26 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Tobias (Tobias), O. Nesterin (kuemanner), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Voo (Voo)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
06 Jun 2016 14:03 #11 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
This community is made of the greatest group of people anyone could ever want in their life.

Actually...Could someone else possibly write my highlights..I forgot pretty much everything except for spending a shit ton of time with Sarah Brand, and bleating every time Kayla said "Goaty".

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
06 Jun 2016 14:20 #12 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!

Rook wrote:
My lesson of the weekend- drink water drink water drink water.

Indeed...

You do NOT want Brazen Dad to be annoyed at you... especially when he stressed the drink water part at lay-on.
:cool:

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Marius
  • Thank Yous: 23
06 Jun 2016 14:26 #13 by Marius (Calavius)
Replied by Marius (Calavius) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
I haven't been able to go for a rather long while, but this event had by far been my favorite. I had managed to make many new friends and family and possibly even some enemies (possibly? :huh: ), which all had managed to make this event so much fun for me!

What had started off as a few days of me meeting all of the witch hunters and the members of various lands, such as Kaladonia and Ostcliff, had ended up turning out to be some of the biggest turning points in my character. Meeting Lorelai and the other Witch Hunters had not only given me goals to aspire to, but longings to make myself better and amazing roleplay experiences (and that was all just in the original WiTL portion!).

Throughout the rest of the WiTL portion, I had also managed to play as a spirit during my paperwork that needed to have his wedding completed so that his soul would be at ease. Alas, the wedding never happened and the spirit is still forced to replay that scenario over and over again. I truly feel bad for him and for how his heart will be crushed again and again and again. May Galladel watch over him ...

I had also managed to run into a merchant who was selling a rose dipped in mithril! Sadly, I didnt have enough gold on me to purchase such a beautiful thing, so instead, I took a bar of mithril to Rudy and had him create one for me :) Now that merchant shall never have something over me! In the end, I ended up giving the rose to a rather lovely Nyad named Crataeis and all was well. I am sure that she liked it.

Once the normal event portion had rolled around, my weekend had become more lively. I had ended up going on several adventures, such as entering a portal to a ice cave so that we may collect some crystals, paddling across the lake so that we could come back with some treasure (which I had made about 30 gold off of), ran into several packs of undead and wiped them off of the face of Arawyn, and even learned to handle some vampires with the assistance of my good friends down in Ostcliff. It certainly kept me on my toes and made me feel experienced and proud of myself by the end.

After all of the adventuring had ended, I had managed to not only become a vassal of Ostcliff, but to learn various surprising facts at Feast and Main Mod. When I had heard about Magnus stepping down as the captain of the guard, I had been in shock, but I was pleased to know that Oren had been filling in the position. This news relieved me of my shock and helped me still feel comfortable in the baronies decision. What shocked me the most of all however had been after Main Mod, when I had learned of Lorelai's untimely death. I was so shocked by it that others had to calm me down, but in the end I had learned that she had been brought back to life by Angeliana, so thank you so much for that Angeliana~

Speaking of Main Mod, it had been rather interesting. It was a long and brutal fight and by the end of it, my body had been sore and it was a tad bit painful to walk, but that's what happens when your papaerwork is done during Main Mod I suppose. Despite the pain, I was glad to know that the PC's enjoyed themselves and that the night had gone well for most people. It'll surely be a Main Mod that I won't forget.

I know that this is alot to read and I apologize for that. Before I go, I just want to say that I am truly one of the happiest people to have made so many friends, family, and the fact that I had even met my "twin" (Nikki), all within this short amount of time. Thank you all for giving me the satisfaction in such things and for being here for me when my real life is the hardest it can be. I am looking forward to spending more time with you all at KR and I promise I will do my best to make the time around me as enjoyable as possible~

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

OOG: Marcus A. Serrano
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Capt Locke (Jonathon), Onca (Lorelai), Angeliana (Angeliana), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
06 Jun 2016 14:56 #14 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Wardog highlights Mel said... she didn't want to leave. She didn't want to leave anywhere she was unless there were Aunts and Uncles coming too... anywhere. Footsore tired and happy as a lark. Splashing in the pond sleeping in the encampment love pats treats chicken beef and love.

That's about all I got from he on the trip home. ' I loved it.' was barked a few times and then a whined 'again please Mom.'

You guys were all hero's to Melody.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
06 Jun 2016 15:16 #15 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
My first week in the life…. Despite the costs incurred (geez… how much did we spend?), the Wednesday morning wake-up illness that had flattened me (so not the way to wake up, seriously) to the humidity (now that was not controllable but if you are gonna complain about something, let it be the weather…), this event was very much worth it.

Highlights!!!
- Thursday Brazen “Lesson Mass” on Leadership and what can be considered good and bad. Very pointed, to be sure.
- ALL THE ENCAMPMENT GUESTS!! No really…. We had more visitors to our humble home a quarter-mile in the woods this event than in the previous year combined, I am simply humbled folks other than Spirits and closest allies were willing to come out. I know it made me happy…
- CSI Blood Spirits. Holy crap, did we as a team pull some ideas and methods out of the air. Best conversation exchange witnessed…

Count (middle of clean up of study when we arrive and doesn’t answer)
Birgitta: Your Grace
(count still cleaning)
Birgitta: YOUR GRACE.
Count (stops cleaning) : Yes?
Birgitta: Your Grace, please stop cleaning up- you will ruin possible evidence that could point to who did this…
Count (looks at hands and stands up) Yes quite… you are correct….

- Discussions over hiding the Prize
- The ensuing Prize and Handler Escort through areas the Spirits know stupid well.
- The 0345 Stalemate. “You’ll have to kill us first…”
- Hearing of the believed Obliteration of Rudy and the screaming at Brazen. I hate that sometimes scenes don’t have a Atmosphere/RP marshal around but for those who were there… the anger and angst was convincing so I was told.
- Learning he was NOT gone the following morning…. Led into a emotional Mass about Sacrifice.
- Mid-afternoon Nap (and how no one could find me. Amusing to me at least. :blush: :whistle: )
- A secret weight partially lifted from several shoulders… and the reactions to what it was were interesting (at least the ones I know about)
- BAGPIPES!!! Imma happy Celt, let me tell you….
- Food in the encampment. Marinated (and frozen in the marinade) Beef Tenderloin so tasty and tender, it was as good as 4 star restaurant Filet Mignon … and cooked over a open fire fueled by genuine charcoal and Cedar Wood. Add in fire-roasted onion and red pepper…. Damn. Add in the stew made from the Thursday meat bits with veggies and such… Goose would have been impressed- I'm so sure of this, I'd put money on it.

We might be a bunch of mercs but we eat well when we can… and business has been good lately. We just need to bring a damn table next time. >.<
- Showing the Onyx Guard some of how its done when it comes to Standing Guard. Clytie, way to pick up on it and step up. You’ll do Pluvius proud.
- Main Mod and Clergy Plow. Way to be using Faith, Dave!!
- Lorelai and Duncan, holding a flank on our own… until bounced from behind. Thank for the saves, Jason and Matt M!
- Whupping on stuff with Paladin Acolytes then a Paladin. Odd running with such august company but this is Travance…
- Sunday Lessons and watching Birgitta teach Blind Fighting in the deluge. If anyone doubts what the Old Sword knows, y’all be needing to get some lessons from her. Seriously.

Ironically enough, the final highlight was the pack-out from Camp. As Leslie has said, Many Hands Make Light Work and the work was light coming out of the woods. This is what team work is and throughout the weekend, our crew (in different teams) worked together right to the end when it was all hands.

This is how its done. And its what we are.

Fighter Practice/Potluck in Two Weeks- hope folks can make it.
Official June Event in Three Weeks- should be a blast…

Until then, See ya when I see ya!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Onca (Lorelai), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Mantel (sigma-j), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
06 Jun 2016 15:19 #16 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Have I told you all lately that I love you? If not let me fix that. I LOVE YOU GUYS so much it hurts sometimes. A lot.

Wardog! Her highlights came first. I know nI' going to miss things... talking for hours above the event can not be translated here well.

The early part being able to be the Fisher person from a fishing village again was the other side of Birgitta Showing. That simple girls seldom seen any more.

Growls about 14 in plus bass that would not lure...

Blood Spirits cooking a la da Boss.

General RP was excellent.

The walking...Gods I need to be in better shape.

I was not a social butterfly this time. I needed some time to reflect and so did Birgitta and thank the Gods for it because come Friday... Steve you and your team brought the world to TravNce as well as the bad guys.

Folks every time I caught Steve white headbands I had to say wow great job do far and his response every time was...I'm about to turn it up a notch...and they came through with colors flying .

Outstanding!!!!

From being involved with plot to the changes to the reveal to the emissaries to the plot and back again. This event brought more the focus of the hood the bad and the ugly and I am totally blown away.

The break in and coupled investigation Spirits and Guard hand in hand.

The Heart shuffle. Plan. Betrayal to team and action...go! Though I'm sorry to those panicked trying to find Birgitta but if you couldn't find me neither could the bad guys.

Trips out the back forty. NPCs don't be lazy....lol. Kidding.

No you can't have it. On contract His Graces orders and none of you qualify.

The sudden change realization and making an impression.

Then I hear Magnus. Mags come here please . Yes. Birgitta looks onto his eyes. Yes. Take it and be careful. Right. He's gone. She looks at Duncan.

'I'm really glad it went that way. Me too. I was really impressed by.... etc.'

The big reveal...14 ish months of work exposed. James time sense was a bit off at a year. It's amazing how time flies when you're on contract.

The one thank you. Lois Maxwell...you rock.

Never doubt it. That character is amazingly deep.

All my Blood Spirits hip to neck deep and rolling reports and coordinating.

Getting to offer advice on plan B and giving a dovetailing suggestion to plan A.

Pluvious a man after my PCs heart whether he knows it or not we could be Brother and Sister in how we do things.

More later

Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
06 Jun 2016 15:46 - 06 Jun 2016 18:03 #17 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
I Highlights, in a random fashion.

Coming ingame, george got possessed and then "channel posi the game" as we intercept the orb of annilation. Pretty much retired after that.

Going out as a celt swashbuckler with a buncha tolerances and awesome rp with a couple of the guys there, then going out as a duo of wild mage kobolds with an aversion to "socks". cue getting hit with "kid gloves" and blowing up.

Fast learning Master Warrior with Argyle and co. That was FUN, Also, Dissipate Neg energy creature.

Hiberian delegation, and pretty much having to represent Pendarvin as a land because no nobles or Knights were there at that moment.

SWIM, and bearded lady....It's all I could do to stop from laughing.

Being Baptized to Galladell, privately. Pretty much what I needed on that front, Been really needing that sort of rp.

Witch hunter stuff, then RP with pretty much ALL the high levels there.

Corsair's heart mod after layon, then Phalancery stuff. Then getting ambushed by necrophages and going down. Head up to the inn to see Keavy whaling on someone.....Oh...Buckles, my first and former master being a Mortal Hunter. Ending up having some amazing rp with the academy with that.

Oh, almost forgot. Plot item with one of the new Pendarvin dwellers, for Main mod. Yeah, if you think you are going to sleep well on KR.....yep. Welcome to a 24/7 Larp.

Land meeting, and being invited. Chatting to a bunch of people about that. Feast Noms and missing out on the announcements because of being out the back. The brisket was decent, and I found the potatoes and turnips tasty.

Main mod. Pretty much Witch Hunters the game, fighting decently powerful undead, and enjoying it.

What happened after that, So freaking heavy rp for me. I put 11/10 into that, and it reverberated, asking two questions that really matter, and no real answer, not disappointed though.

Witch hunter symbol, Doing something for the hunters, and right at the end of the event, talking with Oren.

I really really enjoyed this event, totally was amazing rp, interesting NPCs, and an overarching main mod that will reverberate with me.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
Last edit: 06 Jun 2016 18:03 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Onca (Lorelai), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
06 Jun 2016 17:10 #18 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
A few seconds of direct eye contact with Clytie during Corsair's Q & A that spoke volumes about our shared hope and curiosity for the future of magic.

Assisting Cypher with crafting something deadly and beautiful. Well timed hammering combined with wide ranging discussions on history, philosophy and weaponry. Gus, it is a wonder one of us didn't end up with a smashed finger OOG, but the RP with you would have been worth it.

And thanks to all the PC's who offered a hand up after my ghast died during main mod (I think I respawned over 30 times), RP'ed during the fight, or commented as she chewed on her bloody arm. The following exchange after I had been killing blowed (one of many times) was the most fun:

PC: I want to bury you.
Me: How are you going to do that?
PC: I'll did a hole about 5 feet deep.
Me: What will you dig it with?
PC: Hmm. My sword, no. . . my hands.
Me: I think we are going to be here for a long time. . . But thanks for your concern.

All the best, Crystal

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Jack (Keeperofdice), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
06 Jun 2016 17:29 #19 by Wren (Wren)
Replied by Wren (Wren) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
I had a blast this WITL!

Hanging out with everyone from Ostcliff was great, and we even added a few new friends to our land.

"Oh you need some originally minted copper coins? Well there just happens to be a pile of them in the lake thanks to a Mummy, it's guarded by a Hydra though. Sure, Ostcliff will take you, Zelretch mix up some water breathing potions!" - and the resulting zanyness that followed.

Eteve Srwin's monster hunt; resulting in frozen monster-cicles and a new gargoyle pal for the Ostcliff State House.

Main mod battle group, Wren/Dirge/Olivia fighting together the whole time while making jokes and eating cupcakes.

Treasure Mod and canoeing across the lake with Nick H, who had never been out on a canoe before.

Learning Druidics from Tris, the Rp was top notch.

The Scourge Dolls Keavy made for Wren, they are so awesome. I didn't know she was going to make physreps for them so when I woke up on Sunday to them being presented to me I was blown away by how great they were, and super honored that she took the time to hand craft them for me.

Getting Squired; was an honor, I hope that I do well!

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Simon (BigZ), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • Arken
  • Here we go!
  • Thank Yous: 47
06 Jun 2016 18:19 - 06 Jun 2016 18:27 #20 by Arken (Arken)
Replied by Arken (Arken) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
So after lurking around KR since I was 14 years old WiTL was my first event.

I had a blast and spent alot of time searching the camp alone and introducing myself to the various factions and scouting things out!

Seeing Midori's costume and makeup quality as I first arrived in the parking lot and realizing KR is serious business. (Seriously awesome business.)

Voo taking the time to walk me around the camp in the pitch black helping me look for my in game friend who hadn't arrived out of game yet.

My first experience with one of the landed camps: Alisandria: "Have you seen my friend Nashgoth?" "Nashgoth? No. What race is he?" "A hobgoblin." <Angry grunting, the grabbing of weapons, and the tell tale sounds of preparation for murder.> "I'll take my leave." Hastily said as I Zoidburg shuffle my way the heck out of there.

Mega early wandering alone, through the long path to the weed garden and finding so many items I couldn't fit them into my pouch. The cursing of the angry people behind me in the woods as they were not finding anything. (Sorry Ogre dude.)

My First NPC duty: Highly annoying magician worshiping Kobolds pawned off from one magic user to another until someone was clever enough to send us of in search of evil creatures to fight and rabbit for rabbit stew. Naturally the search for "EVIL rabbits" began in haste and with much excitement. The highly annoying kobolds met their explosive deaths via Oacenth Nestrin (And friends) I'd never been so excited to get so expertly killed in the woods before. My reward? Two fresh new roleplaying points! I guess it pays to be annoying.

Second NPC duty: THE BEST BARDS! So Highly annoying we were kicked out of the Alisandria via huge axe threats. So highly annoying that when I offered to give a one man show to a PC walking in the distance they casually put on a yellow headband and kept on walking. I nearly laughed my butt off.

Na'ar introducing me to everyone he possibly could while simultaneously explaining the weave in depth. The "Murder face" I received from one of those said introductions.

Weekend portion

Meeting Pox. Just everything about the character rocked! Pox's tour of the town where much to our surprise people were excited to see him. Some even wanted to hug him despite the lice.

Trying to remember everyone in and out of games and getting them wrong over and over and over.

Meeting giant orc brawler dude. (Aforementioned forgotten character name. Player Matt!)
Pretty fearsome quasi-ally to have, but big huge greenskins are always welcome at our camp!
Fight with a bunch of NPC racists out in the field the whole group was on point. The fight was lots of fun and finally got to test drive my staff.

Watching in horror as an unknowing and overly excited orc fist bumped and then hugged an avatar.

"What kind of boom do you make?" Said the inquisitive celt.
"Boom. You know, Boom... Boom is Boom."
"No argument there."

"Ere we go! Ere we go! Ere we go!!!!!!"
"Here we go!"
"You're doing it wrong PINK SKIN!!!"
<Grumbling>
"He make us look bad..."

Giving super hard looks to everyone trying to eavesdrop on the conversation between the emissary and the count.

The 101 questions about why I'm traveling with greenskins and the silence after I asked "Why wouldn't I travel with goblinoids."

Getting asked "What is your profession." from every. single. person. I met.
What are black cloaks suspicious or something?

After two hours of intense roleplay with a Enaxian priest.
"Out of game real quick. You're all new so my guess is your NPC shift is over. This was really awesome thanks so much."
"We're PCs."
"What!!!?!?!?"
<additional sounds of player losing his mind with happiness.>

"What do I see?"
"An orc"
"Are you NPCs"
"No I O.R.K."

Joining main mod NPC shift to beat up my friends only to find out they also all joined main mod to NPC.

Sarcastically complaining about my nipple possibly being torn off by an overzealous barbarian and the non-stop laughter it brought to the NPCs during main mod.

Getting a whole pole arm in my butt as I went down.
"Oh my god! Are you ok! I'm so sorry!"
"I didn't think it was THAT kind of larp!!"

Thanking someone out of game for finally killing me after being ping ponged across the field 12 times in a row by wield faith.

Someone asks me if we should keep spawning. My answer is the chittering sound of a skeleton's jaw.

Spawning 57 times during main mod. (My everything still hurts.)

Spot on history lesson/moral/religious debate from an about to pass out Kanas Whisperwood.

So happy leaving I have to get one more joke in before I leave the parking lot. "Man, I can't wait to get this costume crap off and get home to play some Cubicles and Managers."

The general helpfulness of everyone both in and out of game. Smiths showed up to hone our weapons and gave us some great goods. Players dipped into their own SP to get us better equipped! Crazy inviting and helpful and friendly I couldn't believe it. So thanks to those who offered us better goods It was so helpful!!

And everyone else who helped me out and answered my insufferable newby questions with a helpful tone and big smiles. There are a number of you so thanks so much!

----
Nick G
Last edit: 06 Jun 2016 18:27 by Arken (Arken).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti), O. Nesterin (kuemanner), Nashgoth Vaar Granok (moyamoya), Voo (Voo)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
06 Jun 2016 18:50 #21 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Oh!

I almost forgot- I conducted TWO weddings this month.
One between NPC Elf and Dwarf with Dwarf family none too pleased with the choice of their kin...

... and the other between two Blood Spirits with a traditional Celt Bride-Raiding leading into that one along with a very traditional Hand-fasting.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
  • Voo
  • Thank Yous: 12
06 Jun 2016 20:24 #22 by Voo (Voo)
Replied by Voo (Voo) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Had a great event! so much to talk about and in no particular order.

extended tea with Meander, Sebastian, Ivan, The Creepy Bard, Sigfreid, Harrison and a few other brief guests was a blast. Getting drunk on potent stuff, drinking more tea than should be aloud, and laughing a lot at Sebastian's rapid fire quips.

Swimming and canoeing the lake! very relaxing watching fish in the boat by the shoreline, talking fishing with Cindra, being thrown in the lake by Dorwick, getting some nice sun. :cheer:

A late night conversation with Walter about murder and spiders and fishies. Had a hard time not breaking character to laugh.

Being tricked into drinking Satyr's wine by the weird satyr man and doing some slightly grim dark roleplay, great character development, great RP from all involved!

Long treasure hunt with Dorwick, learning the paths and a few Travancian racial jokes along the way. :P

bubbles and backstory with Midori! Also green tea!

annoying the living crap out of Pearl by constantly trying to touch her horns!

sunday "pet the kitty" mob, followed by the snake oil salesman and Voo's attempt to swindle her.

also the poncy luxury salesman! So funny!

long journey to find Gwenid's sister with Val and Mr. Redleaf, lit by candlelight lantern!

Learning the story of Valos and the lords of light as a seeker of Valos from Aldrich. Actually helped Dan to learn a little bit of the god's lore, great preaching on Aldrich's part :D

loosing horribly in the grand melee and watching the shenanigans from the sidelines! It was a close fight!

The endless undead campaign that was main mod paperwork! Laughing at "Nick the Nipple Guy" and his hilarious nipple ripping related complaints. laughing and joking to get through the 50000000000 respawns and rain and pain.

Going on patrol with Wolfgar, Ya Ya, Swyft and others on friday night! great fights in the pitch black!

Overall, my favorite part was meeting so many new people and getting to know them, both IG and OOG! Great RP from everyone I interacted with (too many to mention!), you guys made this event something special!

Voo, Traveling Salesman, Doodlesmith Extraordinaire, Sword for Hire.

OOG: Dan Ellis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Arken (Arken), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Dethie Blackeby
  • Ná bac le cúraimí na ndragan, ós briosc atá tú agus fíorbhlasta le h-anlann trátaí!
  • Thank Yous: 37
06 Jun 2016 22:18 #23 by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby)
Replied by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
That chili, tho...

IG: Dethie Blackeby
Vassal of Kaladonia
OOG: Merideth P.... or you can still call me Dethie :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Voo (Voo)
06 Jun 2016 22:31 #24 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
I can't even begin to list everything in detail so...

Yeah.

Kaladonia cooking
Guard Auction Lunch
Fixing Caelvan
Midnight Mass
Teaching Priest... 2x
Learning stuff
Spirit Realm of the Immortals
Saving the Farm
Delving into Burk's mind

NPC shift!!!
NPCing as an old man and his sons, with Jeff Bala Narrating
Dueling merchants
Married couple with a halfling con artist posing as their son.

One thing In particular I want to call out:
Giving up main mod to pursue an alternate plan against the nulls. Amazing RP from everyone who came and participated, and those who actively chose not to, or to fight against it. People gave 110%. I can't wait for the follow up.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
06 Jun 2016 23:32 #25 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
My Highlights, I know a few people asked when I'd do mine, sorry gang I had a lot to clean up and real life stuff. I won't keep you waiting.

Teaching Nikki Diamond to swim, hands down, I will work with you more next event if you want, and if the weather allows. Your doing so much better I hear too. We are proud of you.

Returning to the role of 4 and Celine. Cameron Smith, Alex and will play those roles anytime you ask us. We look forward to that every year. Maybe I'll actually bring costuming for that role next witl. I love to NPC for you, you make some great roles for us and the players to interact with.

Aiden and Brogan...I love you guys!!! Yeah...I got you. Also on this, I BECAME A FREAKING Del Dragon!!! THAT happened!

The Celts, "It's Blue!" I am never living that down. Great job out there. Chris your pipes, thanks for that. I loved that more than words, I thank you.

Josh Labar, bro," We did Gods` work!" From you aiding the Celts, to fighting the undead as a truce with the Neutral and Light Chruches. THAT, that was a deeper scene than many might come to know. You made team Evil look great.

Brunner, I am sad you live across the world, you've become a friend, and a great witch hunter. I can't wait to hang with you at Fighter Practice. I really hope you had a blast with all our and my KR family.

Kalidonia, simply put, working with you all is some of the best times Argyle has. (Danny so sorry for making you work so hard on that shift, but now you can now see why :) ) p.s. thanks for feeding me all you folks do. Feast was great Cookietree!

Thanks Squire Rudy, I was ready to do anything to get you back, that got the blood flowing...Your loved man, really loved.

Speaking of that...Reece as Liam Belfast. I carved out a tombstone for that witch hunter at dawn, facing east to the sky, his hunt...is over. Truly the the best alone to I have ever had.

Losing, then not losing Miss Von Ritter, Onca...You Feel loved yet? Yup, Argyle was as dry about that and honored her as she would of wanted. She's back, back to work again.

Marika...it was great to have you back. It was great to run with you again. I'm proud of ALL the hunters out there. I didn't sleep for three damn nights to help you all. I tried all I could to help give you the edge in the coming war that was main mod.

FINALLY getting to RP with... someone. Your tent as set new goals for me.

The Air Ship!!! I loved that, I hope you all did too.

The many faces of Ser Jack Siefer...

The winner of the Arena Tournament is...Angel???

Talks with Magnus, Karkat, Terezi, Barrak, Rooke, Danae, and everyone....damn good RP.

Blood Spirits business, wow. Folks, we worked our collective asses off.
Staying in the Church Annex over night to sleep, only to have to guard it, lay down, BAM! Water falls in on me. No Sleep again. I won, fixed it up, and went to clean up.

Sir Pluvious, while not many always see what you do...I do.

Donnie the Bloody, got hitched, became a priest...did stuff.

Patterson, thanks.

Peaches...dude. charge by the 1/4 mile. Your scouting is epic, I hope more folks put that to good use.

Thank you Matt Calo. You backed up my RP for that without a single flaw. I DIDN'T mean to put you out though. There was to that than folks got to really see. Your game was tight and tight on the money.

All the Romani. Great times.

Ostcliff working together, that is nice to see.

Haroldson bailing out some new players, thank you. That really wasn't for us. That was a damn nice thing to do Charlie, My Merlin.

Fiona, that was a pivotal point in way more than just my character direction, but so many others as well. My only wish was that was that sent the right message. Final not on that; Be careful what you wish for, you never know who is listening...and with that, I hope to see you all at Fighter Practice and/or the next event!

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Angeliana (Angeliana), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Kardin (Ben)
  • Tsoli
  • Life is simple, but we insist on making it complex
  • Thank Yous: 63
07 Jun 2016 00:04 #26 by Tsoli (Tsoli)
Replied by Tsoli (Tsoli) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Made it up on Thursday night so i got some extra RP in for WITL

Thursday night Kafrill missing the ceremony but catching most of the Azrans on the beach after seeing a crying Midori. Storming down, finding out the happenings and great Rp on the beach, followed by Brie.

Friday was consumed by Mod Set-up/Mod. Thank you to all who helped make that possible, marshals, NPCs and PLayers alike. without naming names the best parts from that mod i saw. "What do you do with a drunken sailor.....oh thank god they're gone, if you tell anyone about this i'll kill you".

The look on the face when the final lock was found..... Holy shit it's as big as my hand!!!
*tries to break the box.... 1000 body superior and expel from room, resist on the damage i can't resist the expel, nope, ok.... SH!T MY SWORDS!!!

All and All great work by everyone on the creativity to get through all of the puzzles, traps, and shenanigans set forth by us.

sheer exhaustion after that 4 hour mod and sleep.

New Mage members, sweet.
Getting put on you need to open up shit tons of gates to Hibernia from the baron.
Blood spirits inviting me out for food, was very nice considering Tsoli isn't among their ranks.
Rp with Brigitta, Duncan and Tess
Invisa-Tsoli going around pre-feast shenanigans
Was going to switch into my alt again after cleanup- so glad i didn't

Tsoil tends to avoid the fights because he feels he'll burn out too quickly, unless his talents are specifically needed.
Got the spell to blind the Psion, that was nice, cool to actually affect a main mod boss, even at my level it doesn't happen often.
On the march out figuring it's pretty much over travance has this as usual, wait he's escaping, Lorelai calling Ritual of the hunt,.... Where's Tsoli!?

The ensuing RP with Lorelai and Steve marshalling leading to my entrance back,(i love getting to call a hold in the middle of the inn to describe a gate entrance) the silent head shake and the Phylactory slam. I felt i had a movie moment in front of 1/2 the town. that was amazing thank you to all who made it possible.

The rest of the night's RP about that, several people coming up to me, all of the healer's squabble, just wow.

WE need another Sorcerer... Tsoli! .... *under my breath, sigh my work is never done*
Fiona and Corsair mod.
Late night talks/shenanigans/Head scritches

Lessons with my Alt sunday morning, he's going to be very amusing

fantastic weekend+ thank you to all who made it great, which is everyone i interacted with. As always the level of RP is fantastic.

T'soli Silverbow of House Silverbow

If we call for the proof and we question the answers,
Only the doubt will grow

OOG: Bill Friederich - Live while you Live
Kitchen Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Angeliana (Angeliana), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
07 Jun 2016 00:40 - 07 Jun 2016 00:45 #27 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
So havent done this for awhile but heres some highlights:

Wed: Allyce was a little confused that there was almost no crime.... So she got some orders for the guard filled instead!

Thurs: Thank youuuuuu Gus. Best NPC shift ever. And best lifesaver ever.
-Going immediately to a shower and then helping to peel potatoes. Where this happened:

*Damian walks in* Allyce! I have a rat demon here that needs to report something!
*Me* ..... Im peeling potatoes?
*Damian* But did you hear about an orphanage burning down in Alisandria??
*Me* No.... why would I? Also. Peeling potatoes.
*Damian* Well, he was living in the basement and wants to complain that his home is gone.
*Me looking at him* Im. Peeling. Potatoes.
*Damian* So.... you want me to just bring him down to Alisandria and have him tell them?
*Me* Cool. This is me asking you to do that. Not deputizing though. The whole writ thing.
*Aella/Ree laughing*

-Dinner went SOOOO WELL. Thank you forever Ree. You are amazing <3
-Looking at Oren and going.... Im bored. Going to go patrol. Byes
-PLAYING MAE AND SEEING MARIKA AGAIN
-Bonding times
-Battlecasting souls out of an Orb of Annihilation. Why not?

Friday

-Mod. Omg mod. And yes. And yes that too.
-Coming into town at 3 am. "Where have YOU been? I helped people in a cave recover their brother and had a rock fall on me. You?"

Saturday

-NPCing <3
-Alisandria things! Realizing how bitter Allyce is on some things and how just..... Noitisnthappeningfudgethis she is on others. Interceding a bullet? Done. Also, then how much part of her is starting to really hate other parts of herself. My little Hunter is no longer just a Hunter and she really doesnt like it much sometimes...
-Getting reprimanded for not being present for an interrogation I *wasnt* running. For once.
-Indigo!!
-Promotions! Then...having a sinking feeling right before Oren made that announcement....
-Acceptance is a hard thing
-Having recruits! And a student! And that poor student....
-Strike team on main mod. We did things right....

Sewers......Just holy hell sewers which led to....

Sunday!
-REPORTING said sewers to Lois and her expression. Picture. Perfect.
-Conversations.

I know I missed a ton of stuff but honestly- just know I loved every minute of this. Except my feet. My feet need better boots....

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
Last edit: 07 Jun 2016 00:45 by Liz (Liz).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Kardin (Ben)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
07 Jun 2016 01:46 #28 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!

Arken wrote: Getting asked "What is your profession." from every. single. person. I met.
What are black cloaks suspicious or something?

Try being dressed like a coal miner.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Liz (Liz), Arken (Arken), Ergos (arieslink)
07 Jun 2016 06:44 #29 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Things I can't believe I forgot.

Officiating a wedding for someone very important to Caldor... Then teaching her how to be a priest.

Ordination of new priests to the church
Watching Nalick give mass

Also, I cannot stress enough my thanks to Joe Hines, Zach and Jason Feldman for their Marshal work this month. And also to Matt Calo for putting up with Caldor at his most obnoxious

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
07 Jun 2016 07:18 #30 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
To continue prior to my shift. Today...

All the visitors to the encampment. I often OOG wondered how often food and drink wise we hosted visitors. Thanks to many who trucked it outthere to see us I have that answer. A LOT.

And Tsoli falling asleep across the entrance snoring as I explain to Snow that we protect those who visit us. Coming into the Encampmentin peace means you will find protection. Come in War And you will find us all at the ready.

That above statement proven when people...the wrong kind of people came for the heart. Even if we like you...

James as Kane catching Breakfast making rounds.
James as the Count. Making the time and having breakfast.

Two very different characters two very different breakfasts but both welcomed at the fire.

Carden dinner going awry and he offering second date. The also stood up person who ate with Birgitta instead... Wonderful light RP and the food was excellent!

I can only echo John's post 100% too every one of his highlights is one of mine.

Masses all the masses.
Wedding shanagans
Weddings...

Right down to the end with the deluge blindfighting lesson which ended shouting in the rain at each other...ok i really cant see a thing so we are done here. Safety issue. Agreed. Turning to the mage can you p,ease dispell this. He does so and i look up at the rain shrug and walk into the inn.

Birgitta was hoping Gaia might do the same dispell trick but nope. Lol

Mods. I wish I could say I modded but I didn't other than the investigation/heart. Somehow I think Corsair knows who did what on that score but I still have yet to really meet that being.

Ironically same with Fiona. She's always busy with others far more important than a Merc Commander... Yep thought bubble as Birgitta goes off to do other things.

Gin Yuki. Damien. Damn it, the timing of both, hot and not by Josh. Man every interaction with you is a trip! Every one.

And my bad boy team members. You always love to surprise your Momma Dragon. See I told you its ok. Hi Mom. Hi Baby. Hugs happen. The person being escorted? Blink blink.

Ohh its all about the little things.

All the little thing make the KR world so very 'real'. I don't need Mods scheduled things...

The other side of that being Magnus. From showing up at the tent door to get the heart because it HAD to be a Paladin. To after feast where a Moms fears we said to her beloved adopted son and he leaned on her shoulder to which she whispered to him and he whispered back.

Some things... Can't even be expressed in words in this game. That tiny scene is one of those things.

Ok... Needed a minute there.

So many things i know I am missing if I said the entire WitL was a highlight would that cover it? Pkease say yes.

There wasn't a single moment of oog regret for anything that happened save one thing. Curse my need for sleep. Love you all. Stay awesome!

Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.812 seconds