Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!

• Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
07 Jun 2016 10:51 #31 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Me: It's like something moved through your posi barrier.
Them: Posi anchor
Me: ......... brb, costume change.

[hr]
-Tim P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Onca (Lorelai), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
07 Jun 2016 11:43 #32 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Quick highlights:

-Keola making quick friends with the crafters and ritualists she met.

-Demon George and everyone reacting to that situation

-Being deemed Asmaria's new 'favorite' after offering her an ice cream float (If I've been undead for centuries, the first thing I'd want is a good meal and fresh air)

-Corsair repaired

-Lorelai being returned for a few more fights. (Good job killing that Arcanum! /epilogue)

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), Onca (Lorelai), Faila (Faila), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
07 Jun 2016 12:25 #33 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
How the hell do I even begin to pick highlights from this event? It was amazing all around. As always, seeing everyone was the best part ^_^

Bob. Just... everything with Bob. Experiencing the cosmic bad luck (as Ben puts it) that follows that character around first hand was hilarious and wonderful OOG (and horrible IG for Lois). Lois laughed more than she's laughed in a long time, cried more than she's cried in a long time, and took it all out on poor Nalick :p. From the chain interruptions on Lois & Bob's picnic during the single worst possible time (seriously that was the most awkward thing ever and for comparison she used to date Goggins), to assisting with his investigations, to the random one-liners ("What happens if you take off your mask?" "It makes it easier to stab me in the face."), every interaction was gold. If you have not had a chance to RP with Bob, find a reason.

Nalick's waterfront mass Wednesday night. Lois couldn't give a rat's arse about Andorra, but she wanted to support her friend. It was a great time (even if it wasn't an "official" mass) with a lot of great RP and discussion. And of course being down by the lakefront on a clear warm night was, dare I say it, magical. Also discovered that Lois is carrying so much crap on her at all times that she literally cannot lay back and relax - I had to take off her belt pouches :p

Heading up to the inn for a drink and ending up in the most entertaining game of Never Have I Ever that I have ever played, IG or OOG. Man that game gets weird with Travancians!

"Lois has anyone told you that George is a demon?" Over. And over. And over. :-D I'm starting to think Lois's totem animal is an ostrich - when weird stuff happens just stick your head in the sand and hope it all goes away :lol:

Some basic singing lessons from Creepy Bard. Thank you so much for that ^_^ I'll be practicing!

As much as Lois wanted to flee from the bagpipes of the Hibernians, I really enjoyed hearing them played. <3 to the piper!

Angrin cooking all the things. Seriously dude you are like non-stop with getting stuff done and thus my favorite forever.

I really felt like the Barony officers are finally coming together as a real group, and it is awesome to see.

ALL THE MAGIC LESSONS. Barak, Clytie, Rudolf, Sir Doctor Maxwell, thank you ^_^ Each of you definitely have your own distinct flavor to how you view and teach magic, and I really appreciate how you took the time to "translate" all of it to a way the weirdo Londwyn can understand. (Also learning warlockery outside at night in the silence far away from main mod was 2spoopy and everyone should totally learn it that way :) ) I think I can now officially say that Lois is no longer the worst mage in Travance.

Fighting lessons with Kanas! Dude you really surprised Lois with your ability to teach. She's going to send people to you from now on.

Sunday morning chats that turned into Sunday afternoon that turned into me leaving camp at 5. Looking forward to seeing y'all at fighter practice ^_^

Screaming at Grimkjell and someone telling me, "I didn't know you even had an outside voice." Congrats, Billifer, you are the second person to make Lois actually yell :p

There's probably a million more things but I'll stop here for now. See y'all in two weeks!

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
07 Jun 2016 12:44 #34 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
I had a blast as always.

All of the PC's involved in the Sphere of Annihilation plot, you guys pulled out many tricks and kept throwing me curve balls, I hope you all enjoyed playing it as much as I enjoyed running it!

Fishing down by the lake as Capt. Gem. While that had me sweating bullets the whole time, it was absolutely worth it. (Yes I kept hydrated) and to all the doubters, I caught not one, but two fish with my jury-rigged pole. :-P

I want to thank everyone who was involved in the airship construction mod. Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves, and I hope you guys felt like we were actually throwing a ship together!

Receiving the letter from Orophin immediately after the Airship Mod. My interactions with that character have a special place in my heart. I walk out of the barn to see a skeleton in a top hat and vest.... and it's not me calling any crazy lores... it was simply: OOG: Do I see a skelegent? And in that moment, the WITL for me when from 0 to 1000. The scholars immediately started getting together and we all took point blowing through that book, working through the night. Everyone was amazing.

Baptizing two new priests of Visigalis. Excellent RP with the both of you.

Tarot Cards. Tarot Cards. And more Tarot Cards.

Being a Dark Elf "Matron", and a finding a surprising number of townsfolk who want to try to kill Don Kellard.

Discount Orophin - I did the best with what I could find. Sadly I only wish I could grow a majestic mustache. I hope all of you enjoyed roleplaying with my Selendrian.

Saving a Pentirr Knight. I'd been saving that Amber Oil for almost 10 years. It was worth it.

Phylactery Scavenger Hunt

Having Falia help me smith my Legendary Work. It was enjoyable and rhythmic and a great conversation going from philosophy to weaponry. We have to do that more!

All of the Shenanigans with Tari.

Dmitri and all the work we'll have to do.

A special request from the Baron. :)

There was seriously so much all over the place and numerous small moments that were a few seconds long but were telling. Special shout out to Taylor for our mid-main-mod thing. *tear*

Dr. Maxwell. Badass Extraordinaire. Got rid of my dementia after 10 years and a few other things. :D

I know i probably forgot a lot of stuff. But really it was more like Year in the Life. Everyone did an amazing job and if I could sit here for a week and write out all the awesome things I still wouldn't have enough time. So, I can't wait for the next game, and be excellent to each other! :)

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
07 Jun 2016 13:39 #35 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Chaotic Madness RP during main mod. Was asked if I was okay and always answered with a continuation of the hallucination I had.

Strength of insanity lesson during that time was also great. George telling me to strengthen my chaos muscles :P

Surprised that I was actually informed that Orophin had sent a letter. Wasn't expecting anyone to tell me that one was sent.

Likewise, why does the town insist in rubbing salt in that wound? It hurts her every time it's brought up. Let's remind the crazy person they are alone :P

Ava was super salty at feast. Especially after those announcements. Thanks for the people around me for being good sports when I just started laughing and hitting the table and ranting about hypocrisy. ((likewise congratulations to all those on an oog level ! ))

Actually being terrored and being forced to be intimidated. Ava never got herself out of situation so fast.

Thanks for putting up with crazier than norrmal Ava and super crazy Christine.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Jack (Keeperofdice), Tyros (Tyros), Faila (Faila)
  • Maralas
  • Thank Yous: 124
07 Jun 2016 14:45 #36 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Replied by Maralas (adamdrew3) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Thanks to everyone who showed up, worked hard, and made this event happen.

I was only there for the weekend; but it was a pretty good time.

Friday- Trying to find some time to craft was a little crazy. Finally went with Gunnar down to wait for Midnight mass. Got a free hotdog, thanks Tris! and got to hang with some great folks. Midnight Mass was awesome as usual. Was so exhausted, went to bed right after that.

Saturday- Morning Mass and Meditation was fun. I really enjoyed helping people find some peace and calm and kind of reset from all the crazy that happens. Market faire was good. I didn't sell as many potions as normal . . . wondering if everyone bought stuff earlier in the week. Clergy Meeting was eye opening and not in a good way. Went to try to fix some things; but the paper has already been crumpled. We will see how things play out. I admit some of the things I heard made me feel hurt, angry and betrayed.

Sunday Morning, got some quick lessons with Rudolf and then taught a few myself.

All in all it was a pretty low key event. Feast was delicious, btw! Thank you to Ree and all of the other kitchen staff that made the meal great. EVERYTHING tasted great!

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

OOG: Rebecca Hines

Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
07 Jun 2016 15:43 #37 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
I had a blast this week, and I hope you all did too! I played Midori, the Khitanese cherry tree dryad. These are some of my hilights in no particular order!

Bonding with Voo over tea, bubbles, and backstory

Meeting the Glamour Tree

Making sandwiches with Chet

Being invited to breakfast at 2 different places and running back and forth between them for food

Cookie mass with Templar Aldric

Blowing bubbles and then chasing them

Chasing a butterfly

When Midori used her "mean people whistle" against the Londwynian merchant lady, and then refused to leave until one of her body guards asked nicely.

The memorial for Mercy and the events that followed that made Midori cry.

Finding someone's camp and leaving a note for him.

Being assigned to protect Clytie, and then the Baron during main mod. "I got NINE of them!"

The ritual to reawaken Corsair

Midori's new pet!

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Mantel (sigma-j), Voo (Voo)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
07 Jun 2016 18:14 #38 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
I forgot an important thank you. Mar, as Ilana, is always willing to take the time to fill Nostarion and Faila in on what has been happening in Travance (usually half way through an event). From an OOG perspective, this is hugely appreciated, because we often don't show up until Saturday and between the shorter period of time to get in our PC's head space and given the fact that new things have occurred since lay-on, it can be a little funky for immersion. So I just wanted to tell Mar a big thanks!

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Onca (Lorelai), Mantel (sigma-j)
07 Jun 2016 21:36 #39 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!

Faila wrote: I forgot an important thank you. Mar, as Ilana, is always willing to take the time to fill Nostarion and Faila in on what has been happening in Travance (usually half way through an event). From an OOG perspective, this is hugely appreciated, because we often don't show up until Saturday and between the shorter period of time to get in our PC's head space and given the fact that new things have occurred since lay-on, it can be a little funky for immersion. So I just wanted to tell Mar a big thanks!

<3

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
07 Jun 2016 22:08 - 07 Jun 2016 22:08 #40 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Omg how could I forget after playing this game for 15 years, finally getting to sit at the barons table for feast

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
Last edit: 07 Jun 2016 22:08 by Aria (Aria).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
08 Jun 2016 00:42 #41 by Kardin (Ben)
Replied by Kardin (Ben) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
As I was sick for a large portion of game (though hiding it well), sleep robbed me of unhad fun. But highlights were made all the same.

-Talking with Nesterin about an important promise.
-Scavenging food from the Kaledonia Statehouse (you guys are awesome and I will follow your lead on sharing food with the destitute and hungry)
-Kardin and Chet's miniseries "On the Search for Unicorns"
-Meeting Silas Crone and being such an innocent pup that it took Kardin about 10 minutes to realize that horrible innuendos were being made.
-(Un?)sucessfully trying to blend in with the Londwyns during tea time in the Pendarvin tent. With an accent this solid there's no way they suspect a thing!
-Oren's lesson on the proper housing and care of a Pony.
-Shouting "OH NO IT'S XUALLA!" and sending Wellington Wellington Wellington XIV of Glangsdale fleeing before fainting unconscious, thus continuing the proud Armister tradition of performing potentially criminally offensive levels of noble interactions.
-Kardin's assigned readings from the book "How to Make Noble Friends and Influence People" by Magistrate Bob
-Holy hell, so happy about Magistrate Bob by the way. (Go Ben Go!)
-Being held personally responsible by Fenri for the safety of my Quinarian charges during main mod, and realizing that with a Cavalier, a Bounty Hunter, and an Alchemist, a Northman Ranger was technically the most able healer present.
-S'mores and shirt ripping with Marcus, as well as all the hugs in the world!
-Properly meeting Lilith and laughing a lot with her and Fenri regarding the greatest skill of all, making everyone in a 5 mile radius absolutely 110% done with everything.
-Piano why do you cause me such pain?! All I want to do is play you in the proper key.
-UNDEAD SWARMING FROM ALL SIDES? GEE ASTOR, MAYBE NOW IS NOT THE BEST TIME TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PSYCHOANALYSIS.
-Greer and Caius really coming through on the battlefield this month. Progress was surely made on that shield wall and don't think no one recognized that. Held the line against some particularly aggressive monsters and you have Kardin's respect for that.
-Introducing Caius to the Power of Nope. We'll make a proper Cavalier out of you yet!
-Chatting with Argyle about mistakes made and paths walked, but also how little is really stops us from moving on. Anytime we interact, Kardin always has a lot to think about after. This time was no exception.
-FEAST WAS GOOD BUT I NEEDED MORE MEEEEEEEEEAT! Cheesy potatoes were the bomb though.
-Kardin's brief interacts with Sebastian are interesting and need to happen more. Nuff said.
-Getting along with Sir Pluvious at Light Mass. Shoulder bumps of Alliance were had.
-Speaking with Chenjing and Arradir about the loss of a great Witch Hunter and ally and putting the death in perspective just in time for Lorelai to be resurrected and everything to be fine again (YAY!)
-Allyce's borderline sociopathic Bounty Hunter lesson to a now permanently scarred (but newly trained) Maer.
-Being asked by TWO people to make them armor after seeing my hand crafted gear!
-Hanging out with the folks from Ostcliff and helping make a Kanas/Kardin sized noose.
-Collecting flowers to apologize to Brigitta then being grilled by Wulfgar after a hilarious misunderstanding regarding Clytie and the flowers.
-Shield bashing Kanas repeatedly during a sparring match. Which someone possibly indicated that Kardin has untapped arcane powers because he shouldn't have been able to do that.
-This entire conversation in all its glory
"DURR, DURR, DURR I'M KANAS I FIGHT WITH TWO SWORDS AND SPIN LIKE A FAIRY WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH."
"WELL I'M KARDIN. LOOK AT ME I'VE GOT A SHIELD DUH DUH DUH"

Just everything in general was wonderful and I can't wait to see you all later when I'm not down with the sickness.

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Caius (Caius), Grier (Grier)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
08 Jun 2016 00:59 #42 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
HEY HEY!
He did REALLY well! And he got over it! He didnt even have nightmares over it! I asked the next morning like a good teacher. And he completely, absolutely, positively was firm in his decision that not only did he WANT to learn Bounty Hunter after that but he wanted ME for his teacher.

Be nice hahahahaha

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Kardin (Ben), Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
08 Jun 2016 02:29 #43 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
There's a lot of stuff so here's a few.

Being yelled at by Lois.

Having a conference with Lois and BOb after heartily raining on their parade in the fashion only Grimkjell can. Making a plan to bone the society of benefactors.

Memory mod with Tobias, Burk, Quan Liu, Caldor, and and Beligor.

Ree cooking of course.

Magnus' leaving, and Grimkjell's broken heart and spirit. Roleplaying his extreme lack of self-worth is heavy stuff, but it's as if the light has gone out of his world.

The Ritual to make the special Prison.

The new Galladellian priestess being super cool about her prayers and making the ritual way more rad.

Shouting matches and lessons with a certain healer.

oog brotimes with ree and Felds during the soft layoff.

Teaching several ronin students, and getting permission to teach someone Kensai.

The long interview with the Count, which mostly consisted of Grim listening to other people talk to him, and finding out how they treated and interacted with him.

NPC Games in the dark while the rest of the town was off fighting horrible things.

"I sure hope Lt Grim doesn't see us."

"Hi guys!"

Seeing Grier and her crew again. They're a great shot of new players to the game.

Interacting with Aiki, Kestrel, and Wander. They feel like a new crew and possible new family for grim, and sharing an honorable bow with Aiki before going to fight him was pretty amazing.

Seeing Faila and teaching her some new things.

NPCing an assassin duo for Burk's final Draconic legionairre lesson. He did everything right.

NPCing for feldman, from Timmy falling down the well to our invisible narrator Jeff Balla.

Fighting karen and being literally the best Berserker for the job of putting down an undead Sorceress. It's almost like making a magic-hating spell cleaving monobuild berserker finally paid off!

Sewer mod and the aftermath.

Meeting Fiona personally, finally. Grim being more or less unable to talk to her, and his one question being repeated by his brother. They really are siblings.

Watching a new recruit get brought on to the Onyx guard, and being proud that he had wisely spared him during the grand melee fight.

A whole bunch of other stuff I forgot.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Caius (Caius), Grier (Grier)
  • Adertha
  • Thank Yous: 67
08 Jun 2016 06:52 - 09 Jun 2016 15:53 #44 by Adertha (mlouscher)
Replied by Adertha (mlouscher) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Most of my weekend can be summarized as "Maer jumps head first into hell".
Joining the guard, asking to become Allyce's disciple, and being tested in a way that forced Maer to come to terms with one of his biggest fears. And no, it's not sewers, but that's still high on the list.
Maer gained a teacher, and newfound determination.

Kardin wrote: -Allyce's borderline sociopathic Bounty Hunter lesson to a now permanently scarred (but newly trained) Maer.

Not scarred, at least not permanently. No insanities for me!

Nethrion Adertha Nides
Professor Of Healing, Darkwood Academy
A Woman Of Relatively Little Consequence

==========
OOG: Eva L
Last edit: 09 Jun 2016 15:53 by Adertha (mlouscher).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Liz (Liz), Kardin (Ben)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
08 Jun 2016 07:36 #45 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Seeeeeeeeeeee

Perfectly fine.

Perfectly.

Fine.

:P

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adertha (mlouscher)
08 Jun 2016 16:02 - 08 Jun 2016 18:47 #46 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Well now....
This week should have been called "Outlander: The Event".

Weddings...two of them. Yes, Donny is now a married man. He married Hazel. Once in a bride raid to foil a pursuer and then in a Gaian ceremony

Hibernian stuff. Seriously, the last two events had been rough, and this made up for it in spades.

ITS NOW FATHER DONNY THE BLOODY THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Mama Dragon and pluvious.

Argyle and Mileof

Silly sassenachs and your politics.

All I got. Till next time, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors and drink milk.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
Last edit: 08 Jun 2016 18:47 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
08 Jun 2016 16:54 #47 by Max Garrnett (MaxGarrnett)
Replied by Max Garrnett (MaxGarrnett) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
First off, this was a fantastic event; thank you to everyone who put it together. I only attended the weekend portion, but it was packed full of great moments!

Friday afternoon/night was pretty relaxed, but super fun. I got to meet D and watch her give a lesson on effectively breaking limbs. Her casual attitude towards causing pain and her teaching style certainly left an impression on Max.

Siegfried and Fyodor really went out of their way to make Max feel like she was becoming part of Pendarvin Friday night, as well. Thank you both!

Saturday started off strong and didn't stop until my body forced me to nap. I met all kinds of wonderful people at the inn early in the morning, especially Argyle and Jack (? I think it was Jack; I'm terrible with names) who made me feel incredibly humbled by being so willing to help a newcomer out. Max won't be forgetting that any time soon.

Magnus then sat down with us and mentioned a bounty was out on a petty thief. I set out with one of my new friends (Jack? I really need to be better with names!) and we caught the thief easily, thanks to some planning. The RP bringing him back to Magnus was fantastic and really forced Max to think. Extra thanks to the NPC for that!

Leading the skirmish with the imps shortly after was also awesome. To everyone who was there with me, you all rocked and handled Max's stress from organizing the attack like champs. Chatting with Aiki (again, terrible with names, hope I got it right) on the way back to the inn after the fight was invaluable.

Lunch courtesy of Aiki. Jun and I ate enough for 6 people. Best. Food. Ever.

Wandering the woods looking for things and discovering whole new sections of camp.

Wandering with Lake and meeting a whole new group of people that I'd only heard of until then.

Braiding ALL the hair! And snickering at all the innuendos.

Being super confused with Pendarvin at the start of main mod.

Michaela going all momma bear on me after main mod.

NPCing Sunday morning and catching an escaped mental patient who believed the end was coming.

Thanks to everyone I met at this event, you all are great!

Max

(OOG: Rachelle Oldmixon)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
08 Jun 2016 17:24 #48 by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
Replied by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
So much happened this event, I had so much fun! First off Donny you make this extra special with how much you treasure Hazel and the rest of the Blood Spirit's thank you so much for welcoming her into your ranks with open arms.

Seeing Gwyndd again and having to explain to her everything that had happened to Hazel since the last time they saw each other. Lilith thank you for everything! Trying to catch up with all that I had missed in only one moon! Finally spending time with Donny boy Hazel had not realized how much she has missed him.

Nalick, I'm very glad we finally put that rumor to rest. I did ask Donny to not kill you and he didn't hope he did not hurt you too badly.

Pluvious taking Donny off somewhere to "talk" and keeping him away from Hazel for like four hours! She was a little worried it had not gone well. Thank you for bringing him back safe Pluvious.

Mama Dragon, love you so much you have opened Hazel's eyes thank you for your help at the Celt Bride-Raid ceremony, which I actually loved it was very unexpected. Thank you for our gift.

Week NPC shift, thank you Father Duncan for marrying the Elf and Dwarf that was so much fun! Coming out as a young Sylph who did not know that trying to control an Ogre was a bad thing, Donny you were such a good sport. Running into Pluvious and Damien and well, Damien giving a very strict lesson on friendship.

Getting my animal companion lesson with Keavy and yes some call it slavery but to me, Keavy and a few others it just means you have a stronger connection with the wildlife you use it on.

Donny bringing Hazel to the Baronial Manor on the eve of their wedding and not wanting to leave her, so sweet. Finally going to sleep which was nice since I had gotten hardly any sleep the night before.

The next day waiting for Lilith who never made it to me, but being totally surprised when Donny came in and told Hazel to put her boots on cause he was going to introduce her to an old highland tradition Bride-Raiding! Then getting to the encampment and Donny carrying Hazel into our camp! Tess and Brigitta getting her ready, the hand fasting, the ceremony by Father Duncan it was beautiful! Loved it! Heading back to the manor and Lilth whispering that I had some explaining to do. Told her I had no idea this was planned!
Waiting for the actual wedding and Pluvious being the one to bring Hazel to Kaladonia, oh my gosh I practically cried as we walked up! Walking to the altar with the swords raised above us, memorable. Argyle and Lilith joining us as our seconds, Caldor getting emotional as he spoke then Pluvious' interruption not knowing what was going on! Then him bringing Donny to his knees and me running to heal him, epic! Finally finishing our vows and then Argyle's words to Donny and Liliths words to Hazel a little bit of rain but it was perfect! Celebrating with family and friends the gifts we were giving too beautiful for words. Thank you all!

Telling Caldor that Hazel wants to follow in his footsteps and become a Priestess of Gaia getting my first lesson about being a Priestess, amazing!

That's the week portion stay tuned for the weekend portion.

Hazel Storm - "Keep calm and let it go."

OOG: Heather Kissling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
08 Jun 2016 17:45 - 08 Jun 2016 17:55 #49 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
This event gave me much needed joy and amusement. Definitely one of my favorites I've ever had.

Thursday was mostly chill until I asked Billiam to teach me how to dodge... Didn't expect to get shot by Jun and get spackets thrown at me by Billiam the same time. A+ lesson and saved my life during main mod later when I IRL dodged(matrix style) someone's polearm which would have otherwise slammed into my face. Later I wondered into the witch hunter camp. That was nice, since I didn't know there was a meeting but Andorra guided me that way ;)

The Arena tournament Angeliana went to, to make sure people didn't die... So, when a dark paladin continuously taunts, glares, smirks and implies they want to crush the ever living.. light? out of you, and you are druuuunk; you simply say Screw it. Argyle says the arena is ancient and magical it will refresh and heal the combatants. Okay then I'm in. Just because an Andorran chooses to be peaceful doesn't mean they can't protect or defend themselves. Also worth mentioning here is; observation + strategy > card and big ego :P <3 you Evrat/JoshD. Thanks for a big highlight dude. Praying you down with light without letting you touch me was baller.

Then more witchunter stuff dealing with an annihilation orb. Purity orb was made, chaos orb or some such, I dunno, basically we played dodge ball with Gus's balls and pulled spirits out of one. Worth mentioning here is some good campfire RP prior to balls about contingency plans for people with weak souls' deaths. Cough, snagging a lock of Lorellai's hair.. Cough. :lol:

Friday morning was mostly slow, lessons with D, practiced picking locks in the inn and made some business deals. A very nice and deep chat with Amalthea. I still dunno why D opened up to her... Then rogue mod. Jesus the rogue mod. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to literally everyone involved in preparing, writing and running that 4 hour mod. It was a blast. Even tho I lost my gun phys rep (thank you Rachelle for finding it for me later!) and had some misunderstandings during it, my amazing team managed to plow through with great wits and some OOG some IG skills and win it all. Like, I really don't think Bill expected me and BrianT to slight of hand him oog :silly: I'm still on a high from the entire thing. The final chamber was one of the most fun things I've ever done at KR. Bill your puzzle boxes were cool as hell, staring at the hourglass trickling down with peer pressure while picking master locks, with undead banging on an invisible barrier behind me, I mean... the whole damn thing. I can rave on and on. Amazing. To the people on my team. <3 <3 <3 Best.

Booking it with the box. Sorry not sorry, eyes on the prize. I waited for my team tho, cause you guys rock. Reaping the rewards together was sweeeeet.

Saturday market as Angel was nice. Thanks to all of my customers!
All of the masses - yay clergy!
Clergy meeting was interesting, thank you Lord Rudolf / Unkel for your invaluable input, we will make good use of it.

Ordinations, welcome y'all! Enjoying some new props and boiling in my monk outfit.

That feast. Ree danke. YUMMY YUMMY IN MY TUMMY. <3

Max braiding Angeliana's hair and the Quan Lui train hehe. Can I call Tapioca now?

Main mod clergy plow. I love an undead fight, I'm good against those.

Getting a tiny scratch during main mod part2 only to see from the corner of my eye Orias chasing / wrecking the source of said scratch and beating them into the ground. Cute :P

Tsoli's appearance then Phylactery dunk onto the noble's table in front of the baron. The look in his eyes telling me / making me feel the situation at hand. Stomping up to him with 2 other empathic healers in tow while pulling aforementioned hair lock out of my pouch, stopping with the hair in my hand in front of his face and booming "NOT TONIGHT!" and storming off.

Rochambeau, like did we just? Amalthea wins. Oh NO F THIS, I'm not that drunk, I have the strongest soul, and I could survive, none of you can and I TOOK THE HAIR. SO SHUT UP, I'M DOING THIS. END OF DISCUSSION.

Asking the Baron permission on a personal level and him answering officially. :(

Surviving... I'm making a habit out of this, and I'm loving it. Bless Andorra's tits. :cheer:

Being in the presence of Fiona is always euphoric. Rachel you're amazing as her.

I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of stuff because I'm still recovering from the exhaustion and the high of all the awesome. Until next time KR family, you all rock <3

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 08 Jun 2016 17:55 by Angeliana (Angeliana).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tsoli (Tsoli), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
  • Pluvious
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 146
09 Jun 2016 11:26 #50 by Pluvious (Pluvious)
Replied by Pluvious (Pluvious) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
Ok I dont do these often but after these past two months I clearly had to.

First of all the WiTL was bloody awsome! here is my top ten:

1. - Epic scene at the end with Fiona and Corsier (i know I spelled his name wrong lol) this scene was so intense that I could not take my eyes off of one of my greatest hated enemies. It took all the mental strength I had not to leap across the table and choke him to death... or at least look funny in the attempt, as nuked the Larp out my mouth lol

2. This month showed me what strength the Baronial guard truly have, and how we have been taking them for granted for so long. Truly I say with every once of my being that the players who play guard are a great, dedicated, and inspiring group! They give up more than people realize, and do more than they are given credit for. I found out this month what a great bunch of people we have on the Guard. Thank you all.

3. Rping with all the Baronial's... I want more... NO I need more!!! your bunch are my drug right now, and Im addicted to what we do when together! I love you guys!!

4. Seeing the faces of people when finding out that the Blood Spirits have been under the employment of the Count.... Priceless! finally the recognition of service

5. Rping with the Fire Princess was a long time coming, and God I loved every second.

6. watching Damien as the Baron Rping with people is like watching a who done it movie.

7. Maralas making Pluvious cry. and the RP they both had was a long time coming

8. Sunday Baronial feast, was like being with old friends and family and I wish to have every that type of togetherness more often.

9. the Talks with Lord Blackthorn just saying that I felt I need to say what I said in and out of game. I look forward to more RP with you and the others. I feel we dont RP often enough but when we do I truly love it and I feel I learn something from said RP

10. Big shout of to Clydie who during WiTL reminded people what she contributes to game.
And big special thanks to the latest Member to the Onyx Guard: Grass who impressed us throughout the event! welcome my friend.

Sir Pluvious
Knight Protector of Travance, Castellan to the Baron
Protector of All Physicians & Healers

OOG (Romeo Villanueva)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Liz (Liz), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Kardin (Ben)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
11 Jun 2016 14:50 - 11 Jun 2016 14:55 #51 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Week in the Life (WiTL) 2016 Highlights!
I was a little unsure about bringing my little old man dog, Yippy to Week in the Life, but it turns out it was a good decision. He had a GREAT time! Thank-you everyone for being so welcoming and conscientious of him when he was out and about! Special thanks to Drega'Room folks for being cool with me housing him there when I couldn't have him out. He got to make lots of new friends, hung out with Mel again and had a little date with Taylor's pup, Lulu. :) He also ate lots of delicious meats!

Watching Yippy swim was an absolute delight. He looked like a little otter. He was a tired pup when we finally got home and slept almost an entire day! This was a really great experience for him. Thanks to James for letting me bring him along!

Alisandria always steps it up for Week in the Life and this year was no exception. Beautiful land site! Padma, your tent was lovely as always!

Ostcliff was hoppin' this time. Gypsy party was lots of fun and delicious! Thanks to Erik and Ashe for hosting and funding those fun times!

Learned the head of Von Ritter house is a cold and heartless bastard by NPCing his "vampire bait" for him. Dayum. Dem Witch hunters, tho.

Argyle's tournament. Though there were some discrepancies and confusion, it was still fun overall. Even if I lost to Evrat, it was with style! He managed to actually disarm me with an expert disarm... Soooo I went down clawing at him for 1 damage. ;) Keepin' it classy!

I got to know Voo a little better and will be assisting him along the Ronin path as much as I can. I also enjoyed protecting him from Evrat's taunting. Voo's a good sport!

Random patrols with Ostcliff.... and then getting jumped by like ten vampires and running like hell to Trent's tent yelling "OH GOD PUT UP THE SANCTUARY, PUT UP THE SANCTUARY!!!" lol! Then we got saved by Ostcliff. ;)

Speaking to the Arrani Fatespeaker with Drega'mire and almost agreeing to something I really shouldn't have. Squeaked out of that one because I think Steve took mercy on my temporarily insane soul. Still, a fascinating hour or so.

Galladellians showing up and judging Swyft and consecrating her soul against her will, and then Bob doing it right after to "fix" it. lmao why won't the gods take a break!

Farmer mod that followed up. Good fighting alongside Ibbn.

Quality Indigo time. :)

Godrick, you were a beast in that spirit realm mod! Sad times following and interesting ones talking with Corsair's spirit and "boosting Angelica's WiFi signal." ;)

Some seriously important questions and concerned answered by Fiona and Corsair themselves. THANK-YOU!

That insane late night Sewer mod. Um... well it's a good thing I had a fresh card, guys. By the end of that, the only thing left on it was 4 HP and 1 Willpower...
Horrifying.

The sad news of Magnus' future plans... :(

It was great to see so many people and to finally have some relaxation time. Both Yippy and I could barely move when we got home Sunday night. Good times!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 11 Jun 2016 14:55 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Voo (Voo)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 3.295 seconds