Fund Raiser - Eating Contest

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
08 Feb 2010 20:39 #1 by geezer (geezer)
Fund Raiser - Eating Contest was created by geezer (geezer)
Due to the constant depredations of those opposed to the rule of law, more children than ever before are without parents.  Despite the best efforts of those like Magnus, there are still more children that there is space.  To raise money for this worthy cause, I have decided to sponsor an eating contest between two acknowledged trenchermen, Creed and Billyum.  There will be two stages in the contest, a timed consumption (think of a sprint) and one of endurance.  The two contestants will decide on the food to be eaten, but I will state unequivicallly there will be no frankfurters.

The contest will be held at a time convenient to both parties, most likely 1:30 PM Saturday
The rules for placing wagers are as follows:

1 - The odds will start at 1:1 and will be adjusted as wagers are made.

2 - There will be two distinct categories of wagers, those made in Baronial notes and those made in gold.  The winners are expected to donate half their net to the orphans.

3 - All wagers will be placed with me by the Kormyre Messenger Service.  DO NOT POST THEM ON THE INN.

4 - An acknowledgment of each wager will be sent by me within 24 hours of receipt.  

5 - When acknowledged, the wager is firm and cannot be canceled.(unless the wager is in baronial notes).

6 - As bets are received, the odds may change for future bets.  Those odds will be posted and all bets received after the posting will be at the odds of the latest posting.

7 - No fee will be collected for taking, holding, or disbursing the bets.

I would appreciate being contacted by the two contestants to finalize the menu.

A suitable prize will be given for the overall winner.  
If the two contests are split, a smaller award will be given to each.

Although for a serious cause, do not overwager.  The object is to have a good time.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.545 seconds